Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Part 2+ Married at Second Sight

• Start Topic

Having waited a week with bated breath, the last 4 victims experts' choices get married.

Menacing threats, hopeful anticipation, foolish wishes, outdated demands and a couple who know each other previously can't stop the marriage trains from coming down the track...the show must go on...

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Having waited a week with bated breath, the last 4 victims experts' choices get married.

Menacing threats, hopeful anticipation, foolish wishes, outdated demands and a couple who know each other previously can't stop the marriage trains from coming down the track...the show must go on...

Sigh. And yet we watch it...

• Love 9
(edited)

Everyone in agreement we just talk about the Unfiltereds on the same thread as the new Episode since they are shown on the same day?

Keeps the conversations central unless it is a Speculation, Spoiler, blah blah... then you know what to do...

Tomorrow has 2.5+ hours of new content...set your DVR accordingly...

8pm Love Unlocked...30 min synopsis of previous week

830pm Unfiltered: A Whole Lot of Love-new with JamieO, Jasmine, Luke and Pastor Cal

9pm Episode 3:Married at Second Sight-new and 93 minutes supersized

930pm-Unflitered:Sealed With a Kiss...  new with JamieO, Kristine, Kate and Pastor Cal

With all that new content, there will be lots to snark discuss.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3

Yes, the last 2 couples are sent to the gallows down the aisle, then the raucous receptions ( wanna bet AJ gets  loud and boisterous) and then the awkwardness of the first night in the honeymoon suites( gonna bet 3 out of the 4 couples bump uglies) ...

That is why the episode is clocked in at 93 minutes....

• Love 4
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Yes, the last 2 couples are sent to the gallows down the aisle, then the raucous receptions ( wanna bet AJ gets  loud and boisterous) and then the awkwardness of the first night in the honeymoon suites( gonna bet 3 out of the 4 couples bump uglies) ...

I know I'm in the minority here (and that's not uncommon) --but I'm rooting for the boisterous-when-nervous, double-chinned guy (who needs a longer beard), AJ.  I do think he got rather drunk before the ceremony, and had even more afterward. But many of those schmucks grooms get drunk before meeting the hangman getting MAFS.

I probably would too --and I'm a woman. 

Except for being nervously boisterous and rather obnoxious when drunk, AJ actually seems like a pretty nice guy. So I'm still (cautiously) on Team AJ.

He certainly seems eager-beaver to fulfill Stephanie's wish for her first child --ASAP

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 12

A bowl of condom’s at the nuptial bedside. That was tacky, at least have a note saying if needed they are in the drawer. 

There is chemistry between Keith and Kristine. None between Luke and Kate. Is Luke on this show for publicity for his dating business? He isn’t acting like he wanted to get married.

I’m on the fence about the other two couples. They seem ok so far. I hope AJ was just nervous and settles down once they get in real life. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 16
20 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Oh, and he told her that her wedding dress was ugly.

Wow, really? How did I miss that?

Luke runs the speed dating service so I doubt he already "passed" on Kate as mentioned up thread. But how weird that Kate did not recognize him right away. It was only 3 weeks prior!

Idk if he is really that reserved and uncomfortable about PDAs, but he was acting like an ass hat. Just give her a cheek kiss for goodness sake! She does not have cooties!

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Oh. Luke is just being an ass.  If he doesn’t like public displays of affection and social pressure to kiss and maybe he shouldn’t have gone on a reality TV marriage show.

Why do I think this was producer created?

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Idk if he is really that reserved and uncomfortable about PDAs, but he was acting like an ass hat. Just give her a cheek kiss for goodness sake! She does not have cooties!

So...nobody else got a gay vibe from Luke? 

(nothing wrong with being gay)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 16
46 minutes ago, answerphone said:

I think Kate is gorgeous, and she reminds me of Kate Upton.

What's wrong with Luke?

I’m not buying the whole “I want to make sure she’s comfortable” thing. Clearly HE didn’t want to return the kiss she leaned into. I got a vibe from him. Maybe he was hoping someone in a tux would be walking down the aisle for him. 

Kate is beautiful and seems sweet and I hate that he’s going to make her miserable. 

• Love 23
48 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Luke has refused to kiss Kate, removed her hand from his shoulder when she went for a close dance, and is now volunteering to sleep on the couch. He's already thinking about Decision Day and if he can make it that long.

Whaaat?  I think the dress was stunning.  Between her dress, her hair, the flowers, she was perfect.  There’s something wrong with this creep.

25 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Poor kate!  She deserved so much better.  Is he frigid or just a jerk?

Jasmine sure is giggly.  AJ has calmed down a bit!

I thought maybe he is gay and nobody knows yet?   Years ago, before I was married, I went out with a guy for a few months, met and socialized with his family, etc.  He never wanted to “make out”.  Found out years later he was gay and didn’t tell the family yet.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Whaaat?  I think the dress was stunning.  Between her dress, her hair, the flowers, she was perfect.  There’s something wrong with this creep.

I thought maybe he is gay and nobody knows yet?

I also thought he was fighting his feelings and was trying to overcome them by running the speed dating thing.

You know, as in "how could you think I'm gay?...I have all these women around me."  type of thing.

or..... I'm just making that up in my head.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 8
Just now, ChiCricket said:

I also thought he was fighting his feelings and was trying to overcome then by running the speed dating thing.

You know, as in "how could you think I'm gay?...I have all these women around me."  type of thing.

I don't know if it's a gay thing, but I suppose it might be.

It also might be that he doesn't like "white" women.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Luke has refused to kiss Kate, removed her hand from his shoulder when she went for a close dance, and is now volunteering to sleep on the couch. He's already thinking about Decision Day and if he can make it that long.

The dress thing, omg...that was awful.  Luke’s friend (Justin?) stepped in and tried to recover.  Is he available?  Kate - get his number girl! 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I don't know if it's a gay thing, but I suppose it might be.

It also might be that he doesn't like "white" women.

Could be, but not to kiss Kate was telling.  I was 17 when I went out with the guy who didn’t want to “make out”.  What the hell did I know?  Anyhow, he dated me, took me to family functions, dances, etc.  Maybe he was trying to find himself .. who knows.  What red-blooded guy doesn’t want to kiss a girl, even after a few dates?  Years later, after I married, I heard he finally told his family and friends.  The friends never knew .. he didn’t look the type.  I guess he was using girls until he came out.  I was 17 and nieve, lol.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe he was trying to find himself .. who knows.  What red-blooded guy doesn’t want to kiss a girl, even after a few dates?  Years later, after I married, I heard he finally told his family and friends.  The friends never knew .. he didn’t look the type.  I guess he was using girls until he came out.  I was 17 and nieve.

I'm probably wrong, because my own grown kids say I have broken gaydar, but there's something in his voice that made me think he is "stereotypically" gay.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 7

What did Luke say about the dress? I must have blanked out because all I remember is him saying it must be horrible to deal with or something like that. 

I’d much rather Luke be flat out unattracted to her, although this would be extremely close-minded of someone who chose to do this “experiment”, or hiding deep in the closet (although I’d feel bad that he thought that to be necessary) than him being a psychopath. Him telling Kate that he was repulsed by her and felt dead inside after they kissed is fucking cruel and I’m praying there’s more to the story. I don’t know what the hell could ever justify that comment but I guess we’ll see. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I'd think by 31 Luke would know if he preferred men. Most likely scenario is he does not find Kate attractive. If he had mostly dated the United Nations of women, Kate is probably too vanilla for him. If that's the case, though, shame on the show for matching them.

Those three “experts” show me nothing.  It’s like they are from another planet the way they think.  Look at the past seasons.  

• Love 11

You would think the “experts” would show the finalists an array of photos (including the potential match) and ask if they know anyone.  You know, like the cops do with witnesses to a crime.  If people have met in everyday life already, it’s not likely they are going to be a match.

Now that I think of it, though, that would require responsibility from our “expertse”, which we know is low on the priority list.

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Love 13
54 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I’m not buying the whole “I want to make sure she’s comfortable” thing. Clearly HE didn’t want to return the kiss she leaned into. I got a vibe from him. Maybe he was hoping someone in a tux would be walking down the aisle for him. 

Kate is beautiful and seems sweet and I hate that he’s going to make her miserable. 

The other three grooms looked like they wanted to jump in the sack with the three brides, and this Luke said he was going on the couch.  Hahaha.  What the hell.  What guy would say that on his wedding night?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

A bowl of condom’s at the nuptial bedside. That was tacky, at least have a note saying if needed they are in the drawer. 

The venue was lacking. The wedding party that had to walk through the rain? There wasn't an awning that they could put up? Or a golf cart? The poor bride holding up her dress! There wasn't even a vestibule where they could dry off a bit & lay out the train properly before walking down the aisle. The staff that opened the doors while the bride's garter was down around her ankle--- Sigh! No, no, just no. 

One would think the venue, the Inn at Grace Winery, would want to showcase their best with all of this national publicity.

Fortunately, the bride & groom & guests were having soo much fun they weren't bothered. That's a great sign! The one groomsman that clowned during the garter belt ceremony: "Man, you not supposed to be checking out the merchandise yet! Take ya time!" Lol, he cracked me up! That would so be my family! Mazel tov!

As for sweet-faced Kate, poor thing... ouch! She deserved better. The judges knew she wasn't the groom's physical type from the get go. Everyone is entitled to their own aesthetic. FWIW I think she's A-dorable! She looked so sad on the after show, meanwhile the wet bride was still glowing & giggling. No mystery how things are going.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 18
41 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I also thought he was fighting his feelings and was trying to overcome them by running the speed dating thing.

Maybe but I would think that a 31 year old would know better than to go on reality tv if they are closeted. Especially when a past fling can just expose you to a gossip blog. IMO he is just a douche who doesn't feel the need to act like a decent person even if he isn't into someone. Kate wasn't who he expected, so he felt entitled to treat her poorly. 

• Love 16
43 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Maybe but I would think that a 31 year old would know better than to go on reality tv if they are closeted. Especially when a past fling can just expose you to a gossip blog. IMO he is just a douche who doesn't feel the need to act like a decent person even if he isn't into someone. Kate wasn't who he expected, so he felt entitled to treat her poorly. 

After watching felon and psycho stalker Mia last season, I wouldn't put anything past anyone anymore. Most people don't have any interest in being on reality tv. It takes a certain type of person to want to do this.

I also got major gay vibes from Luke, especially after seeing him on Unfiltered. Let's say that he is gay but not out. Maybe he's lying about his previous girlfriends and maybe he's a virgin. He seemed repulsed by the strippers and refused to touch Kate more than legally necessary. Honestly, who knows?

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

OMG, I don't think you're just making this up in your head because I thought the same thing!  I got the same gay vibe from Luke  and even mentioned it to my husband.  My gaydar is excellent so when I say that it means something.  I knew there would be others on the board with the same instinct about him!  I also thought perhaps he might be bisexual.  Whatever, I just got that certain vibe about him.  I also think he's a seriously disturbed individual, which has nothing to do with his sexual orientation per sé, but he could be conflicted about it and not a nice person in addition, which would make him do something as messed up as you describe above, all the way to the point of enlisting on this show just to "prove" to everyone, including himself, that he's not gay.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I also got major gay vibes from Luke, especially after seeing him on Unfiltered. Let's say that he is gay but not out. Maybe he's lying about his previous girlfriends and maybe he's a virgin. He seemed repulsed by the strippers and refused to touch Kate more than legally necessary. Honestly, who knows?

We have speculated on more than one person in past seasons that might have gone on the show for less than pure reasons, such as to promote businesses.  Which could be the case with Luke since all we hear about is his speed dating business.

• Love 13

Kate seems sad in her Unfiltered appearance.

JamieO looks like she is wearing a Mr. Hanky costume. 

Mistaken choice of shoes in color and style.

She looked better last season in her choice of shirt (sans pants) and tassel earrings.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

What guy would say that on his wedding night?

Jephte?

Seriously, this relationship is DOA. My God, what an ass. I think we know now why they needed a fourth couple. 

I do not find AJ attractive in the least but he seems like an ok guy. He seemed calmer when talking to Stephanie’s parents, perhaps because he sobered up a little? I did think it funny that the guy who was tired of eating alone almost ate his wedding meal by himself 😋

I will be shocked if Kristine and Keith do not consummate on the wedding night. My husband was like, “oh they are totally going to do it tonight!”

Once again, Jasmine and Will seem nice, normal and too boring for tv. She is really pretty though.

• Love 16
45 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

OMG, I don't think you're just making this up in your head because I thought the same thing!  I got the same gay vibe from Luke  and even mentioned it to my husband.  My gaydar is excellent so when I say that it means something.  I knew there would be others on the board with the same instinct about him!  I also thought perhaps he might be bisexual.  Whatever, I just got that certain vibe about him.  I also think he's a seriously disturbed individual, which has nothing to do with his sexual orientation per sé, but he could be conflicted about it and not a nice person in addition, which would make him do something as messed up as you describe above, all the way to the point of enlisting on this show just to "prove" to everyone, including himself, that he's not gay.

Yes. When he told Kate that her wedding dress was "terrible," he said it in such a bitchy little voice. His friends just stared at him in embarrassed silence until one of them tried to rescue the situation. All of these things are starting to add up for me.

If he is not heterosexual, Kate deserves an annulment.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Seriously, this relationship is DOA. My God, what an ass. I think we know now why they needed a fourth couple

No chemistry between them whatsoever.  So awkward.

I wasn't going to make  fun of his huge honker nose, because you can't help what you're born with, but since he's being such a jerk to his new wife, I will anyway.

rps20190109_015543.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
where did I come up with Stephanie instead of Kate?!
  • Love 16