Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Part 2+ Married at Second Sight

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ChiCricket said:

I wasn't going to make  fun of his huge honker nose, because you can't help what you're born with, but since he's being such a jerk to Stephanie, I will anyway.

Sure, I'll pile on! You know what's "terrible" Luke? Your haircut and bald spot.

He was warm and sympathetic towards Kate's mom but couldn't spare one nice word or gesture for his new wife.

• Love 19

I thought JamieO's hair looked great on Unfiltered! She hinted that they were extensions. I'm not a fan of them in general because they are damaging to the natural hair---^^^ see the conversation earlier about "edges" & traction alopecia. But, her hair team did a great job!

Whew... *deep breath*... Ok, I'm just gonna say it...

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the public speculation on Luke's sexual orientation here. From a great many posters that I truly like. 💞 

As a straight person, all I can say is that I cannot ever understand the difficulty of what it means to come out. Let us please be careful about making a *possibly* difficult journey that much harder.

That being said, on Unfiltered Luke was soo much more emotionally moved & excited to watch the tape of Jasmine's wedding than his own. Even his body language towards Jasmine was better than his bride. Oh, dear! This does not bode well...

• Love 18

I kind of wish they would not show all he negative previews at the end of the episode. Tonight we see 3 couple in various stages of being in a good place and one obvious train wreck and then the previews try and show us all the couples in bad fights. I would rather have a week of at least believing we could have a few good outcomes this year.

Our family views this show together and a few things we all brought up. Like other we all thought Luke could be gay, but could not find a good reason why he would come on the show and go through this and the negative backlash if he countines to treat Kate this way? Princess will not be lusting after Keith as much after she finds out he makes $15 an hr. Jasmine and Will lack a spark, but the gut says they will work but be a boring couple. Our family is split on AJ. My husband can;t stand him and My daughter and I hope  it works out and he is the comic relief this season. 

Not a Fan of Jamie's, but the outfit to me was better then the tablecloth and the no pants look of the past 2 seasons. Kate's unfiltered made me sad. She seemed so sweet, Pastor cal was already praising her for being so positive and a good sport. She has to sit and watch Kristine make out with her husband on the wedding day as she has to explained being rejected for a kiss on the cheek. 

• Love 8

Kristine and keith just jumped to the top of my list for the couples i am rooting for this season, well at this point anyways lol.

Followed by jasmine and will, however they are super boring IMO and was the reason why I didnt remember anything memorable about them in the 1st episode, yikes lol 

Then a very distant galactic 3rd is aj and steph but i really dont see how they can last unless steph invent a mute and/or off button for him lol.

And lastly is the disaster matchup of " damn girl, WTF dont u remember me, it was ONLY 3 weeks ago " luke and the super sweet kate. yeah im not holding my breath for those 2 after seeing how badly he treated her. kate seems so sweet and luke is just a total douche bag

Cringing moment - when kate leans in to kiss luke during the clinking glasses thing and instead he pulls back and shuts her down with a  " nope "  and a verbal virtually face palm. that was a total ouch for kate and for sure embarrassing for her.

LMAO moment #1- when Aj said that he " felt like bridezilla !!! " . i guess that he doesnt see himself as a groom then hahaha. i couldnt stop laughing at that point and cant wait for that blabbermouth to diarrhea out the next stupid thing that pops into his zombie brain.

LMAO moment #2 -  when kristine's brother said to keith,  " your feeling count too, BUT NOT REALLY !!!  " hahaha.  omg i was rolling on the ground there and to see keiths face was hilarious. but i do have to give credit to him as he responded back with " well we'll see " , so he at least got some fight in him so thats good to see him stand up for himself.

Tearjerker moment - when kate moms was making her emotional speech, got all choked up and could even barely speak. i thought that was one of the great highlights of the episode. very nice of kates mom, u can totally feel the love for her daughter there.

LMAO moment #3 -when aj sat down to talk to steph's parents, he looked like a deer in headlights in that whole conversation lol,  they didnt show much of his super duper ultra mega deluxe hyper spazy side this time but im sure its still there waiting for the next inappropriate time to show up lol

• Love 9
3 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the public speculation on Luke's sexual orientation here. From a great many posters that I truly like. 💞 

As a straight person, all I can say is that I cannot ever understand the difficulty of what it means to come out. Let us please be careful about making a *possibly* difficult journey that much harder.

That being said, on Unfiltered Luke was soo much more emotionally moved & excited to watch the tape of Jasmine's wedding than his own. Even his body language towards Jasmine was better than his bride. Oh, dear! This does not bode well...

I don’t understand how speculating on this forum about his sexuality could possibly make anything about his life harder. 

Luke concerns me. I hope that it’s as simple as he’s gay and hasn’t accepted it. There was just a flash of a second that he looked at Kate and his eyes were completely dead. That’s why I made the comment about him being a psychopath. We’ll see. He could be both. 

I wonder about him saying he preferred ethnic women. That could be another avoidance maneuver. If the relationship fails, he can just blame it on how others treated them, cultural differences, etc. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I thought JamieO's hair looked great on Unfiltered! She hinted that they were extensions. I'm not a fan of them in general because they are damaging to the natural hair---^^^ see the conversation earlier about "edges" & traction alopecia. But, her hair team did a great job!

3 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I kind of wish they would not show all he negative previews at the end of the episode. Tonight we see 3 couple in various stages of being in a good place and one obvious train wreck and then the previews try and show us all the couples in bad fights. I would rather have a week of at least believing we could have a few good outcomes this year.

Our family views this show together and a few things we all brought up. Like other we all thought Luke could be gay, but could not find a good reason why he would come on the show and go through this and the negative backlash if he countines to treat Kate this way? Princess will not be lusting after Keith as much after she finds out he makes $15 an hr. Jasmine and Will lack a spark, but the gut says they will work but be a boring couple. Our family is split on AJ. My husband can;t stand him and My daughter and I hope  it works out and he is the comic relief this season. 

Not a Fan of Jamie's, but the outfit to me was better then the tablecloth and the no pants look of the past 2 seasons. Kate's unfiltered made me sad. She seemed so sweet, Pastor cal was already praising her for being so positive and a good sport. She has to sit and watch Kristine make out with her husband on the wedding day as she has to explained being rejected for a kiss on the cheek. 

I am not the biggest Jaimie O fan but her hair really is on point this season. 

I have a different take on Luke

2 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I find it rather cliché  for people to just assume he is gay because he doesn't like Kate. Like I said, he reminds me of Nick. Nick was terrible to Sonia during most of their season. I remember some speculating that he was gay at the time. In the end that wasn't the case, he just wanted a woman as terrible as he was to be with. Even if Luke is gay, his behavior was just rude. Gay, straight, or bi there is no justification for how straight up rude he was towards Kate. 

I agree. The only one who knows if Luke is gay is Luke. Also, guys that are in the closet often treat their girlfriends/beards with respect and do not act like a asshole on first sight. My take is that Luke’s delicate ego was bruisedwhen Kate had no memory of him whatsoever. I now think he uses the speed dating as a way for his awkward ass to meet women and make money. He probably thinks all the Ladies are into him and was shocked Kate totally forgot he existed. It was hard watching that sweet girl being treated so badly.

Is it me or does Luke make AJ look like a ball of sunshine?

• Love 18

Luke/Kate = Nick/Sonia.  This is already breaking my heart.  Everybody else, I'll wait and see, although I agree with another poster that I really wish they would keep the fighting/crying previews off so that we can bask in the newlywed glow for a bit.

I didn't stay up to watch the second Unfiltered, but Jamie looked great in the first. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Jephte?

Seriously, this relationship is DOA. My God, what an ass. I think we know now why they needed a fourth couple. 

Yess!!

When I saw how Luke acted, I thought immediately of Jephte! And of poor Shawniece, who is now stuck with a beautiful baby and a hubby who doesn't love her and isn't even really attracted to her, but since he's crazy about his new baby, he wants to continue to "try" to love his wife so that "his" daughter will be able to grow up together with full brothers and sisters.

• Love 9

I don’t think Luke is gay . I think he is a hipster type who wants a girl who is “different “ in some way. I agree he was annoyed that Kate didn’t recognize him. Kate is sweet and very pretty but she just isn’t his type. Of course it is stupid to go on this show if you are particular.

AJ seemed drunk and I hope he is still happy and positive when he sobers up. I liked Kristine and Jasmine a lot and I saw chemistry between both couples but for some reason I thought both Will and Keith seemed somehow reluctant to get married-I can’t explain it , just a feeling. I don’t see any of these couples lasting. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Is it normal to have blackish hair and a red beard?

Luke looks like he's wearing a hook over your ears fake beard to me.

I've been wondering that also!  I keep thinking he would look so much better without the beard or trim it shorter.

• Love 5

Anybody else think that Luke is terrible on camera?

Didn't the producers watch his video auditions?

His body language, his posturing, he reminds me of a celeb but I can't quite put my finger on him yet...help me out...

His chat with the bridesmaids at the reception was stilted and awkward ...not someone who meets and puts strangers at ease at his speed dating events...

He did seem overly pissy that Kate didn't recognize HIM...how dare she not remember??? Over react much...

His ungentlemanly and rude comment about Kate's dress was made worse by his friend Justin who threw himself on the hand grenade and over explained to Kate that Luke is a shithead and what is coming out of his mouth is pure shit and inexcusable but that is Luke...honest to a fault... so buckle up Kate get ready for your feelings to be brutalized...

The groomsmen know as soon as Luke recognized her from the alter that Luke does not have one iota of interest in Kate.

On his Unfiltered he was laughing a little too hard, the nodding and squinting...with his haircut that looks like he has mange.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

I find it rather cliché  for people to just assume he is gay because he doesn't like Kate. Like I said, he reminds me of Nick. Nick was terrible to Sonia during most of their season. I remember some speculating that he was gay at the time. In the end that wasn't the case, he just wanted a woman as terrible as he was to be with. Even if Luke is gay, his behavior was just rude. Gay, straight, or bi there is no justification for how straight up rude he was towards Kate. 

Yeah, "he doesn't like her so he must be gay" is played out. To me, the issue isn't that he's not attracted to her. That's a risk you take when you do this and he's not the first participant to be like " ... Eh" when he sees the person. It's that he's treating her poorly and he doesn't seem to be even entertaining the idea that his attraction to her might grow. It appears that he saw her and was immediately like "NOPE" and that was that, and there's really no reason to do this show if that's how you respond to these kinds of things.

• Love 23
4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I agree.

Sadly, the think the "goal" of this show is the drama and a next season. The producers/experts really don't care if the marriages stay together or divorce.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yeah, "he doesn't like her so he must be gay" is played out. To me, the issue isn't that he's not attracted to her. That's a risk you take when you do this and he's not the first participant to be like " ... Eh" when he sees the person. It's that he's treating her poorly and he doesn't seem to be even entertaining the idea that his attraction to her might grow. It appears that he saw her and was immediately like "NOPE" and that was that, and there's really no reason to do this show if that's how you respond to these kinds of things.

I agree with this 100 percent, but again, what were the “experts” thinking putting a guy who clearly likes ethnic women with a straight up Barbie girl? Also, how do they not see that someone is not flexible enough for this show by the time they finish all of their interviews/underwear snooping? It doesn’t take a genius to see this guy is weird and awkward, and the United Nations conversation should have been a tip off that he would have been better matched with someone who looked like Jasmine instead of Kate.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

As I noted in an earlier comment-- Luke kept staring, transfixed, at Jasmine during that first "Unfiltered". 

And yes, his chatty interaction with her was warm and welcoming. So very different than the way he interacted with poor Kate!! 

I'm just gonna come right out and say it:  that sweet, hopeful, beautiful young blonde girl was absolutely victimized by the 'experts' and producers of MAFS.

• Love 18

Kate says, at her wedding, upon finding out that Luke is the speed dating guy “Dude ... you emailed me the night before ... the night before the wedding and asked me if I wanted to go to a speed dating event” and he said during the pause “It was Wednesday.”

I may be too used to getting frauded but (a) who says AT THEIR WEDDING “the night before the wedding” instead of “last night” (b) why was the wedding on Thursday if they told us they were all on a weekend and (c) if they were married on Th why are they doing the first meeting thing in dress and tux days later?

Confused and skeptical.

Edited by sconstant
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I agree with this 100 percent, but again, what were the “experts” thinking putting a guy who clearly likes ethnic women with a straight up Barbie girl? Also, how do they not see that someone is not flexible enough for this show by the time they finish all of their interviews/underwear snooping? It doesn’t take a genius to see this guy is weird and awkward, and the United Nations conversation should have been a tip off that he would have been better matched with someone who looked like Jasmine instead of Kate.

The show has been resistant when it comes to interracial matches. While Luke as a person gives off red flags to the point that I would not have selected him for the show, if a potential participant says they primarily have interracial relationships, then the experts should have taken that into consideration. 

• Love 18
8 hours ago, sconstant said:

Kate says, at her wedding, upon finding out that Luke is the speed dating guy “Dude ... you emailed me the night before ... the night before the wedding and asked me if I wanted to go to a speed dating event” and he said during the pause “It was Wednesday.

I may be too used to getting frauded but (a) who says AT THEIR WEDDING “the night before the wedding” instead of “last night” (b) why was the wedding on Thursday if they told us they were all on a weekend and (c) if they were married on Th why are they doing the first meeting thing in dress and tux days later?

Confused and skeptical. 

I noticed that, too.

Re-edits notwithstanding, it seems Luke was still doing his speed-dating "hustle" (and, no doubt, flirting a bit with the women he found attractive) 1-3 days before his "wedding" --meaning he was doing speed dating at least 10 days after he was "proposed" to by the 'experts' and was to supposed  to have eliminated all his dating apps, etc.!!

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I noticed that, too.

What it means is that Luke was still doing his speed-dating "hustle" (and, no doubt, flirting a bit with the women he found attractive) 1-3 days before his "wedding" --meaning it was at the most 10 days after he'd been "proposed" to by the 'experts' and was to supposed  to have eliminated all his dating apps, etc.!!

Luke is problematic but I don't really see a problem with this. I've never done speed dating but it would seem to me that the organizer isn't a part of the prospective couples. S/he probably handles all the back end work (booking the space, taking the money, etc.) and the front-end work - setting the timer, making sure the matches circulate (not sure if that's the right word - I'm envisioning a musical chairs situation where you go from one person to the next) when they're supposed to and doing the email follow-up afterward. The organizer is probably not "on the floor" meeting people. If he did email people afterward, I would assume that's a marketing thing the same way you get emails from a company after you buy something from them - "hey, you came to our event on the 15th, we're having another one on the 30th, check it out." I'd guess it was a mass email thing, not that he singled out Kate - her friend (forgot her name) probably got the same email. Like, I don't think he's going to or needs to quit running this side hustle because he's married even if his marriage went well. There are probably married speed dating organizers - actually, that would be good marketing. "We met here and now we want to help other people find love!"

And I don't really have a problem with coupled people flirting, but I know people will disagree with me.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I noticed that, too.

Re-edits notwithstanding, it seems Luke was still doing his speed-dating "hustle" (and, no doubt, flirting a bit with the women he found attractive) 1-3 days before his "wedding" --meaning he was doing speed dating at the most, 10 days after he was "proposed" to by the 'experts' and was to supposed  to have eliminated all his dating apps, etc.!!

But I’m sure he considered that just for his business. It’s not as if *he* was dating anyone at these events. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Re-edits notwithstanding, it seems Luke was still doing his speed-dating "hustle" (and, no doubt, flirting a bit with the women he found attractive) 1-3 days before his "wedding" --meaning he was doing speed dating at least 10 days after he was "proposed" to by the 'experts' and was to supposed  to have eliminated all his dating apps, etc.!!

13 hours ago, Soup333 said:

But I’m sure he considered that just for his business. It’s not as if *he* was dating anyone at these events. 

When your business  'side hustle' involves chatting up women and running a "flash" dating service (of sorts), then yes, I do consider that cheating on the rules! 

And if it "doesn't mean anything" to run the speed dating hustle because Luke's just a background person and not actually a "participant," then why would Luke take offense that Kate didn't recognize him at first --and she explained it was because he was 'just the guy running it'??!

Luke obviously expects every woman who has met him, to remember him!

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

While Luke as a person gives off red flags to the point that I would not have selected him for the show,

I thought of that when I wrote the last post too, but if they already made up their mind to pick him then the fact that his list of girlfriends did not include any that sounded even remotely like Kate should have been taken into consideration. What sucks is that they both are now going to be subjected to more “expert” advice exhorting them to keep trying harder, all the while Luke looks even more like an ass and Kate’s fragile emotions crumble in front of our eyes. It’s really sick when you think about it. I truly hope they do bail. I loathe the experts for putting them together in the first place.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I thought of that when I wrote the last post too, but if they already made up their mind to pick him then the fact that his list of girlfriends did not include any that sounded even remotely like Kate should have been taken into consideration. What sucks is that they both are now going to be subjected to more “expert” advice exhorting them to keep trying harder, all the while Luke looks even more like an ass and Kate’s fragile emotions crumble in front of our eyes. It’s really sick when you think about it. I truly hope they do bail. I loathe the experts for putting them together in the first place.

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm wondering if the 4th couple was added in because Kate has the gumption to end things early and the show knows from the season with Heather and Derek that they really need at least three couples to develop storylines and fill the time.

• Love 9

They certainly tease Kate and Luke at decision day, so I don’t think they’re bowing out early.  Or maybe they really do sit around on a couch in daily life, pensively spinning their wedding bands?  I might, if I were married to Luke. 

Edited by CousinOliver
  • Love 9

This is exactly why I hate this show. I think how awful it is to have a blind date and one participant doesn’t find the other attractive, but to be married on national television and have to stay with said person for 8 weeks while you consistently have to be reminded that they aren’t attracted to you must be hell and I don’t like watching it.

• Love 11

Keith sure brought up his cooking requirements as soon as he was alone with Kristine for the first time! We saw them discuss it twice. As expected, Kristine chuckled but was clearly a bit put out. I was glad to see her acknowledge that some of her Queen Kristine persona was due to being spoiled. The experts: "They're both pampered and indulged at home! Great match!"

In her Unfiltered segment, she commented that Keith wasn't exactly her type -- not muscular enough, too hairy, and a bit too tall. She looked happy enough when viewing her wedding footage, though. 

By the way, surely I'm not the only person who doesn't have a type? My exes are all different body shapes, weights, hair and eye color, heights, etc. I think I'm more won over by personality than looks. Over all seasons, Tres and Bobby are the cutest guys to me, going solely by appearance.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

The venue was lacking. The wedding party that had to walk through the rain? There wasn't an awning that they could put up? Or a golf cart? The poor bride holding up her dress! There wasn't even a vestibule where they could dry off a bit & lay out the train properly before walking down the aisle. The staff that opened the doors while the bride's garter was down around her ankle--- Sigh! No, no, just no. 

One would think the venue, the Inn at Grace Winery, would want to showcase their best with all of this national publicity.

I was thinking the same thing!  There was so little attention to detail throughout the entire venue. It's a shame because it was beautiful but if I lived there I would NOT book a wedding there based on what was seen on this show. 

-the aisle for the inside ceremonies had a runner that wasn't tacked down and was a total tripping hazard

-that same aisle had lanterns lining the way that could have easily gotten caught up in a bride's train and tipped/dragged

-the aisle was way too narrow for a bride in a large gown to fit by herself, let alone with her father walking next to her

-no vestibule or awning on their approach to the ceremony

-the uneven stone steps that the brides had to walk down for the outside ceremonies

-no tent/cover over the guests for the outdoor ceremonies which apparently took place on the surface of the sun, judging by all the guests with umbrellas for shade

-no solid walkway to the outdoor reception tent - poor Stephanie had to hobble through the grass in her high heels to get into her reception

• Love 15
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

the show knows from the season with Heather and Derek that they really need at least three couples to develop storylines and fill the time.

I see this being something more like Jon and Molly rather than Derek and Heather, where they are together for a while but pull the plug before the end maybe? I wish they would give people an out after the honeymoon (or maybe before: see Tristan and Mia) if it's apparent that it's just not going to work. There are so many couples that could have saved themselves the time and emotional baggage by bailing at that point. If they cared at all about these people, they wouldn't force them to stay together. But what am I saying - of course they don't care about these people (why am I watching this nonsense?!?)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, 2727 said:

Keith sure brought up his cooking requirements as soon as he was alone with Kristine for the first time! We saw them discuss it twice. As expected, Kristina chuckled but was clearly a bit put out. I was glad to see her acknowledge that some of her Queen Kristine persona was due to being spoiled. The experts: "They're both pampered and indulged at home! Great match!"

In her Unfiltered segment, she commented that Keith wasn't exactly her type -- not muscular enough, too hairy, and a bit too tall. She looked happy enough when viewing her wedding footage, though. 

By the way, surely I'm not the only person who doesn't have a type? My exes are all different body shapes, weights, hair and eye color, heights, etc. I think I'm more won over by personality than looks. Over all seasons, Tres and Bobby are the cutest guys to me, going solely by appearance.

Yeah that cooking thing is a sore spot. This dude can't possibly be ready for marriage as he established with the canned corn beef conversation that he can't even feed himself without bodily injury. Cooking is a functional skill of adulthood, not a gender role so, unless he is like my mom and is an "I will clean every inch of this house if you just cook me food."- type of person then he is FOS with that cook me 3 meals a day shiz. Even she can cook well enough to feed herself. She just doesn't enjoy cooking.

Plus, his wife is not a housewife and will more than likely be the breadwinner so, he can stop that noise immediately.  She definitely better not get knocked up and get stuck with too babies until this is resolved.

Edited by red12
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, 2727 said:

Over all seasons, Tres and Bobby are the cutest guys to me, going solely by appearance.

Ha! I was just thinking about this last night before I went to bed! I think based solely on looks, Jon and Tom are the most handsome to me, but Jon loses points now because of Dr. Jessica. Based on personality, my favorites are Neil and Anthony.

• Love 4

Attention Unfiltered watchers!  Hoping that someone will do a quick summary/commentary each week, because I watch the show on mylifetime.com, and for whatever reason, they don't post Unfiltered.  Back in the day, you could find the Unfiltered videos on YouTube, but that hasn't been the case for many years.  Already, the comments here about Luke's reaction to Jasmine (her video?) and Kate's apparent sadness, were very interesting.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

OK, I took one for the team and re-watched to see what was really said (it starts at 46:29 if anyone else wants to);

• Luke is looking down at the bottom of Kate's dress as she is picking it up and struggling to get onto the seat beside his groomsmen. 
  • He says "Do you need help, of any sort?".  [clearly he is noticing, and remarking on, her struggle with the dress]
  • He then immediately says, "It looks terrible, to be in...no, no, it doesn't look terrible; it looks terrible to navigate"

Yes there are a number of problems that have been observed so far with Luke, but looking at the clip in context, and especially given that he was looking down at the difficulty with gathering her dress when he made the remark, I feel pretty darn sure that he was not making a slam about her dress's attractiveness or lack thereof, not even a passive-aggressive half-slam about it, but was instead remarking on a specific quality of her dress (which he labeled as navigation) that he thought was terrible.  He probably meant the whole enormous train, which the designer and dress shop apparently neglected to put those loops so she could easily gather it up and move around.  Remember, this was already an issue during their first dance.  Poor word choice, but that seems to be par for the course for him, given his self-proclaimed (and confirmed) communication issues.

I agree, I am NOT a fan of Luke and I detect major douche vibes from him, but I didn't think his comment about her dress was meant to be an insult or directed at the aesthetic of it at all.  It seemed obvious to me that he was referring to the unwieldiness and restrictiveness. 

• Love 22

Kate is sweet, and all, but I have to say, I am not a fan of the way she wears her hair.  I'm not sure why she favors a big thatch of it combed forward over her forehead as she does.  It looks in need of a good combing or brushing or something. Too much product. I usually don't say much about appearances, but from the moment she showed up on my screen that big ol' patch of hair has bugged me.

I can see not being attracted to that at first sight. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I understand what you are saying and agree.   I just watched the wedding scene between Luke and Kate.  He was very polite, hugged her in the beginning, and had the look that said “it’s o.k., .. everything will be alright.  He did have a soft look when looking at her.  I take back the “maybe he’s gay” thing.  He is not.  When one looks at the scene again, you get a better opinion of him.  I don’t know what caused the change in him or how he made a turn around and said those vile things.  I didnt see that clip.  I’m totally confused now.  Maybe he does prefer black women .. and that’s fine, but there comes in the experts.  Did he hope there would be a black woman standing there?  He probably did, especially if he told the experts.  And there you have a guy who is disappointed with this marriage, and poor Kate getting the backlash and not knowing why.  This couple must be the ones to go, leaving the three.  This fiasco should be settled now.  He does not want her so why continue?  Kate got royally screwed and it wasn’t her fault.  My opinion.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, 2727 said:

Keith sure brought up his cooking requirements as soon as he was alone with Kristine for the first time! We saw them discuss it twice. As expected, Kristine chuckled but was clearly a bit put out. I was glad to see her acknowledge that some of her Queen Kristine persona was due to being spoiled. The experts: "They're both pampered and indulged at home! Great match!"

This is going to go so badly. Also, I would be immediately put off if the first thing my intended wanted me to know was that I could call him King Whatever. Like, my face would fall. It's not cute. The fact that Kristine thinks it is is already a sign that she's spoiled, otherwise somebody would have checked her on that. My parents would have shut that down the first time I fixed my mouth to say it.

That said, I am totally with Kristine that if she cooks, he cleans. The cook does not clean where I come from.

Kristine's dress wasn't a good choice because it needed alterations and there wasn't time for that. 

1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

He then immediately says, "It looks terrible, to be in...no, no, it doesn't look terrible; it looks terrible to navigate"

Thanks for this. I missed the "dress looks terrible" comment so I wondered what it was. And when they were dancing, I kept wondering why nobody bustled up that train. Like, was there no way to do it or was it just that nobody bothered to do it? I was worried it would get stepped on or she would trip over it, which is a recipe for disaster (ripping, etc.) and she was clearly having a hard time moving around with it.

• Love 6

Re. Luke and Kate. During the clinking glasses debacle, when he kept saying "It's okay if you don't want to" she should have said "Oh yes I want to" and grabbed his hairy face and laid the biggest, wettest and tonguiest kiss on him. See how he'd like them apples. Just sayin'.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, lu1535 said:

Re. Luke and Kate. During the clinking glasses debacle, when he kept saying "It's okay if you don't want to" she should have said "Oh yes I want to" and grabbed his hairy face and laid the biggest, wettest and tonguiest kiss on him.

This is basically what Kristine said on Unfiltered. Kate does not strike me as that type though. She is a weird combo of super chill with manic giggling. Luke may be a disaster but that giggling would drive me crazy.......

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, lu1535 said:

Re. Luke and Kate. During the clinking glasses debacle, when he kept saying "It's okay if you don't want to" she should have said "Oh yes I want to" and grabbed his hairy face and laid the biggest, wettest and tonguiest kiss on him. See how he'd like them apples. Just sayin'.

I don't think he would have cared for those apples at all. lol. Whether he's uncomfortable with PDAs or just uncomfortable with Kate, I can see him being extremely put off by that. Good thing he wasn't matched with Shawneice. Remember her twerking at her reception? 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I find it rather cliché  for people to just assume he is gay because he doesn't like Kate. 

I have not gotten the sense that people here are thinking Luke is gay because he doesn't like Kate.  The hypothesis seems to be based on mannerisms and an overall vibe.  IIRC, when Jephte wasn't attracted to Shawniece, people here didn't think it was because he was gay, so I don't get the sense that it's a hypothesis that people here just default to when the groom isn't attracted to the bride.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t think Luke is gay . I think he is a hipster type who wants a girl who is “different “ in some way. I agree he was annoyed that Kate didn’t recognize him. Kate is sweet and very pretty but she just isn’t his type. Of course it is stupid to go on this show if you are particular.

AJ seemed drunk and I hope he is still happy and positive when he sobers up. I liked Kristine and Jasmine a lot and I saw chemistry between both couples but for some reason I thought both Will and Keith seemed somehow reluctant to get married-I can’t explain it , just a feeling. I don’t see any of these couples lasting. 

I agree.

4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Well said.

2 hours ago, 2727 said:

1 hour ago, red12 said:

Yeah that cooking thing is a sore spot. This dude can't possibly be ready for marriage as he established with the canned corn beef conversation that he can't even feed himself without bodily injury. Cooking is a functional skill of adulthood, not a gender role so, unless he is like my mom and is an "I will clean every inch of this house if you just cook me food."- type of person then he is FOS with that cook me 3 meals a day shiz. Even she can cook well enough to feed herself. She just doesn't enjoy cooking.

Plus, his wife is not a housewife and will more than likely be the breadwinner so, he can stop that noise immediately.  She definitely better not get knocked up and get stuck with too babies until this is resolved.

As a woman of color, I found Christine adorable. Despite all her swagger about being a queen she is actually seems like a sweet girl.  What I thought was weird was that even though Keith was obviously attracted to her, he really did seem to be trying to push her buttons. “ I only couch surf....you cooking three meals for me, right” Usually when a guy likes me, he talks himself up not down. I hope he is not already planning to hit it and quit it.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I have not gotten the sense that people here are thinking Luke is gay because he doesn't like Kate.  The hypothesis seems to be based on mannerisms and an overall vibe.  IIRC, when Jephte wasn't attracted to Shawniece, people here didn't think it was because he was gay, so I don't get the sense that it's a hypothesis that people here just default to when the groom isn't attracted to the bride.

But you also cut off the part of my statement that compared his behavior to Nick. 

18 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

But you also cut off the part of my statement that compared his behavior to Nick. 

OK, so I'll take the Nick part, and I'll add AJ.  There are clearly mannerisms that people in this forum associate with a man being gay.  Obviously it's not just about the groom not being attracted to the bride because quite a few here have gotten a gay vibe from AJ even though he seems to be attracted to his wife.  Yes, some people got gay vibes from Nick, but it doesn't mean that it was because he didn't find Sonia attractive.  So we've got people on the forum getting gay vibes from Nick, AJ, and Luke, one of which seems to be attracted to his bride.  And on the other side, we've got Jephte not being attracted to his bride, and people not thinking he was gay.  Seems pretty clear that the gay conclusion is coming from characteristics about the individual, and not just because the groom isn't attracted to the bride.

• Love 7

Here's what I'm sensing:  Kate is gorgeous, why isn't Luke attracted to her?  Why doesn't he even want to kiss her?  Well, something like that happened to me, and the guy turned out to be gay, that's it, Luke must be gay.  

I don't get a gay vibe from any of the guys, sorry.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Why does Luke have to be gay because he's not into Kate?  Maybe he's not into white women, since he's dated many women of color before.  

I’m sure the experts knew this, so why did they not match him up with a woman of color?  Why does he have to be with Kate if he’s not attracted to her?  Simple question for the experts.

• Love 9

I think the producers are afraid of interracial relationships on the show. They are afraid of possible serious discussions on racial issues and/or the possibility of matching someone who is secretly a bigot with a person they could potentially harm in some way. I think it would be interesting to see and reflective of real life, provided they could really weed out racists. I think it would be interesting to have a gay couple as well.

• Love 12
(edited)

Unfiltered: A Whole Lot of Love  with JamieO, Jasmine, Luke, Pastor Cal

JamieO fishes for hair compliments, since it is all about her, and thanks to her extensions the audience can fawn over her beauteous hair.... 

But back to business...

Luke rocks the mange, the hipster leather bowtie and sprayed on pants and wearing his wedding band....

Jasmine looks stylish in her red pantsuit

Luke politely declines the talents of the strippers on the party bus...he didn't want to embarrass his mom knowing  she will the watch the show so he kept his hands off the exotic dancers...

Jasmine blames booze for her antics on stage at the strip club.

Pastor Cal feigned ignorance about the strippers because his mom watches the show, too.

Jasmine got verklempt  when seeing her ceremony on tape...get that lady a Kleenex.....Jamie probes Jasmine's feelings...poignant and heartfelt...Pastor Cal beams for Jas' obvious happiness and that he was right about fighting for them to be picked...

The panel gets to to react to a montage of AJ's gamut of emotions and over reactions pre ceremony...all agree that AJ acted like he was riding a sugar high and over the top.

Hope Stephanie likes being shoved out of the spot light by AJ wanting the camera squarely on him....

JamieO's incredulous overacting to Luke knowing Kate previously...

Apparently, the  wedding coordinators opened the doors for a hot second...Luke recognized her... and thus began the downward spiral......

Unfiltered: Sealed with No Kiss with JamieO, Kate , Kristine and Pastor Cal

Kristine is just a cute as a button...

Kate relates that Luke recognized they met 3 weeks ago(she was not engaged yet) and he tells her he knows Megan(Kate's room mate) from speed dating and since Kate accompanied Megan to the event he remembered her.

Kate said they just chatted for a short time, nothing memorable obviously.

The girls at the speed dating event, gathered in the bathroom and  thought the boys were all duds but Megan thought Luke was charismatic and cute...Kate thought meh...

The only real reaction we saw from Kate was Kate rolling all over her chair laughing with Kristine, they are obviously friends, as they watched tape together...very adorable...

Pastor Cal said if production knew that Luke and Kate had in fact met and talked previously that interaction would have disqualified them both....

Kristine is very likable...her attitude, her willingness to accept her doughy husband with too much hair was very charitable of her...

Kate tells that Luke got weird every time he had to get near her starting with the awkward photog session.

At the reception, friends and family tapped their silverware on the glasses to request a kiss...Luke got weird again.

When Kate went for the kiss...Luke he rebuffed her...what douche move on Luke's part sezs the Pastor Cal.....

Third insult... Luke removes Kate's hand from around his waist as she tried to pull him in closer to dance.

Luke quickly rearranges her hands to dance with her like you dance with your elderly aunt with bad breath....

Kristine says Keith cannot dance, embarrassingly so.

Kristine had on her sparkly bridal goggles on and enjoyed her wedding and reception...so it was all good...

The review of the upcoming season saddened Kate... but not the ever chipper JamieO who is always happy to be on TV....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9