Type keyword(s) to search

Dynasty (2017) - General Discussion

Bort
  • Start Topic

Moldavia. On the jet. Heh, heh, heh.

So Blake slept with Liam's mommy but Cristal had only kissed the priest. Until the Necklace of Guilt and then she went straight to the hot priest when she figured it out. Soap Opera 101.

This Mia person showing up seems awfully convenient to me. Wonder if Alexis is behind it?

Guess you can't go wrong with Stevie Nicks. And of course Fallon will sing at her wedding. If the wedding even happens.

Blake and Anders kidnapped? Pssht. That jet was supposed to crash!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Guess you can't go wrong with Stevie Nicks. And of course Fallon will sing at her wedding. If the wedding even happens.

Well maybe Fallon decides she wants to have the wedding in Moldovia and that is the way that we end this season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/19/2020 at 12:29 AM, nilyank said:

Well maybe Fallon decides she wants to have the wedding in Moldovia and that is the way that we end this season.

With an over the top hilariously catastrophe as the season cliffhanger (didn't something like this happen on the original show)

10 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

With an over the top hilariously catastrophe as the season cliffhanger (didn't something like this happen on the original show)

Yes.  Blake's daughter (Amanda) was getting married over there.  I think to a prince or king.  I don't remember the specifics but gunmen came in and shot up the wedding.  Bullets were flying everywhere but I think only a few actually died.  

• Useful 1

It was the 'Moldavian Massacre' that ended Season 5, and is widely regarded ass when the show jumped the shark.   Amanda was marrying Prince Michael of Moldavia.   The two had been pushed together by Alexis and Michael's father King Galen for their mutual benefit.   I think Colbyco needed something from Moldavia and the King needed to shore up his power.  The entire cast was at the wedding (save for Sammy Jo, who was training lookalike to take Krystal's place) and at the very end of the episode rebels storm the wedding and unleash a hail of bullets.  The final (infamous) shot was the entire wedding party lying motionless on top of toppled furniture while only the church bells can heard.      The cliffhanger was anyone could be dead. As it turned out, only two ancillary characters (one of whom never even made it into the opening credits during his time on the show) died.    given how hokey the original was, I can image how bad it would on this show.  

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Maverick said:

It was the 'Moldavian Massacre' that ended Season 5, and is widely regarded ass when the show jumped the shark.   Amanda was marrying Prince Michael of Moldavia.   The two had been pushed together by Alexis and Michael's father King Galen for their mutual benefit.   I think Colbyco needed something from Moldavia and the King needed to shore up his power.  The entire cast was at the wedding (save for Sammy Jo, who was training lookalike to take Krystal's place) and at the very end of the episode rebels storm the wedding and unleash a hail of bullets.  The final (infamous) shot was the entire wedding party lying motionless on top of toppled furniture while only the church bells can heard.      The cliffhanger was anyone could be dead. As it turned out, only two ancillary characters (one of whom never even made it into the opening credits during his time on the show) died.    given how hokey the original was, I can image how bad it would on this show.  

IIRC, contract negotiations for the majority of the cast were set for the summer following the Moldavian Massacre cliffhanger. The rumor I heard at the time was that the producers let it be known that any actor who tried to hold out for better contract terms would find their character had been offed in the following season's premiere, and that nobody was safe.  Apparently all of the regular cast members fell into line, because the only actors who wound up leaving were Ali MacGraw and Billy Campbell. Here's the scene in question:

• Love 1

Yes, apparently all the principle actors had five-year contracts, everyone was up for renewal, and TPTB let them know that it was a successful show and it would still be successful without any one of them. The threat worked, as all the leads had new contracts by the start of the next season (with the exception of Joan Collins, who was a holdout and missed the first episode of S6; she was one of the few characters who wasn't expendable). Of course, this meant they were left with a scenario where a bunch of trained mercenaries sprayed a packed room with gunfire and only managed to kill two people. Pretty ridiculous. The massacre scene itself is pretty well done, it was the fact that everyone survived it that was kind of silly. The family should have lost several members and been gutted and devastated, but instead it was just inconvenienced for a couple of episodes, and then basically resumed its normal shenanigans. 

I got a chuckle at the mention of Moldavia. A reboot Amanda hasn't been introduced, maybe Fallon and Liam will get married there? 

• LOL 1
On 4/21/2020 at 2:02 AM, giovannif7 said:

IIRC, contract negotiations for the majority of the cast were set for the summer following the Moldavian Massacre cliffhanger. The rumor I heard at the time was that the producers let it be known that any actor who tried to hold out for better contract terms would find their character had been offed in the following season's premiere, and that nobody was safe.  Apparently all of the regular cast members fell into line, because the only actors who wound up leaving were Ali MacGraw and Billy Campbell. Here's the scene in question:

No one looked like they were in danger at all. Almost no blood and you could see that most of them were breathing. It looks like when a sleeping curse was cast on Once Upon a Time. 

I don't know if the producers were smart or assholes for basically refusing to play hardball. Was Dynasty a big money maker? Were actors getting paid what they were worth? I tend to think actors are overpaid, but if a show is making a network millions they should share the wealth.

• Love 1
On 4/21/2020 at 10:47 AM, DXD526 said:

I got a chuckle at the mention of Moldavia. A reboot Amanda hasn't been introduced, maybe Fallon and Liam will get married there? 

They'd have to change the backstory unless they want Amanda to be 12/13 years old. In this Dynasty universe canon, Alexis didn't leave the family until 2007 when Fallon was 15. I really hope they don't bring Amanda in- the character seems like a wet drip. The Moldavia stuff is funny, because I remember the reaction to the season 1 finale was that it was this show's version of the Moldavian massacre. 

As soon as Sam started exhibiting that pampered diva-like behavior on the plane, I knew he was going to be the one to save the day. It made no sense, but it was fun to watch. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, DXD526 said:

As soon as Sam started exhibiting that pampered diva-like behavior on the plane, I knew he was going to be the one to save the day. It made no sense, but it was fun to watch. 

It was. As for Blake and Cristal #3, I am kind of hoping we get a new Cristal for season 4. Although in all honesty, the only sexual chemistry I've seen Grant Show have on this show has been with Sharon Lawrence. Who would have guessed that a man in his late 50's would have better sexual chemistry with a woman his own age instead of 3 different actresses over 20 younger than him? What a shock!  Anyway, maybe Blake could try switching to men next year.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

I hope Danny Trejo shows up a lot more when Sam is wasted.
Does he sing?  Maybe he can also show up if/when they do another musical?
Bring on Crystal #4!  And I'm still hoping they get rid of Adam.

And....do you think they'll have a Molodavian wedding? 

On 5/3/2020 at 4:44 PM, KittenPokerCheater said:

And....do you think they'll have a Molodavian wedding? 

It may have been in the plans, but I think the May 8 episode is the Season Finale.  I had heard that production had stopped before they filmed the last couple episodes.  Online TV listings show that the CW has two hours of Masters of Illusion slated for May 15.

Since the show is already renewed for Season Four, I wonder if we will get 24 episodes next year.

My Hangover's Arrived"

New, 5/08/2020,  Season 3 / Episode 20 , Drama, Soap Opera

Things don't go quite as planned during Fallon's surprise bachelorette party.

Finally caught up with the last two episodes.

May 1
Stereotypical Eastern European bad guy was stereotypical. Seriously?

The whole show I kept waiting for Fallon to find out about the kidnappings so she could fix it. I'll give them credit for surprising me on that front.

Wow, greedy much, Dominique? Something something beggars choosers.

Aw, Evan. You did not think your scheme through. Fallon isn't worth it.

Saint Adam is gone but Cristal is probably going to get with that hot priest and see her Deity.

May 8
Whoa, that green number Fallon was wearing at the top of the show. Yikes. Was she trying to look like a walking pine tree?

So where was Monica Colby? Isn't she Fallon's friend? More of a friend than Cristal is.

The bachelorette party had a whiff of Make Your Own Mystery to me.

Geez, Adam. A Moldavian-branded smoke bomb. Way to be obvious.

Wow, Alexis is diabolical, setting it up to it look like Mia was a sugar baby. But bags that expensive usually have serial numbers that can be traced for authentication. Surely she knew that since it's one of the selling points.

IMO, Scorpio couldn't dance to save his life. And he had the body of a 13-year old.

Oh, Jeff, no. Alexis is not the ship you want to go down with.

I'd say odds are 100% that stripper Ryan will end up in Atlanta next season.

Not that I want to see the actress lose her job but if we get a new Cristal next season I will laugh so hard. (However, the showrunner has said in a recent interview that she would be continuing next season. Hmmm.)

Too bad they didn't get to do a proper season finale. This feels like the show just got freeze-framed.

10 hours ago, Kdel1079 said:

What the heck did Anders say in the last scene? The actor is hard to understand sometimes

He said something along the lines of "I'm going hunting."

• Love 1

I like Lachlan Buchanan, so it was nice to see him as Scorpio. He"s kind of like a  "hey, it's that hot Australian guy" to me. As for Alexis and Jeff, pairing them up has felt like the most organic, in-character development to happen on this show. The show really seems to have given up on the Cristal/Blake/Alexis triangle and good for them. Anyway, I enjoyed the Hangover style of this episode. Just a lot of fun.

2 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

..... As for Alexis and Jeff, pairing them up has felt like the most organic, in-character development to happen on this show.....

I was disappointed that Jeff didn't die in bed.  Maybe that was planned for postponed Episode 21 or 22.  Alexis *killing* Cecil Colby with her lovemaking in Original Dynasty was a classic.

• LOL 1

For a minute I liked Alexis and Jeff together. I don't care about most of the characters. I'm in the minority but I always wanted the original OTP Michael and Fallon. Now they dumbed Liam down and Fallon is so cartoonish I really don't want them to get married. I have so many "what ifs" if the writers didn't listen to the Falliam fans who now find Liam boring as well. I'm simply bitter. Around Michael as a friend Fallon acts more mature and like her old self. Liam brought nothing now and brings nothing, he's missing in many episodes and no one cares.

• Love 1

Not Matt Bomer (aka Fletcher) has been discovered by Ryan Murphy and will be appearing in Ratched on Netflix. Good for him. He definitely fits the Ryan Murphy pretty man mold. I am disappointed they didn't do more with Fletcher but this is an honest to God break for Not Matt Bomer, especially if he's well-received. 

Renewed for Season Five!

(before season four even starts)

More New Crystals/Krystles/Christals?????  :-)

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/walker-renewed-season-2-cw-flash-riverdale-legends-of-tomorrow-1234899745/

The CW is renewing 12 of its scripted series, including an early Season 2 pick up for its freshman drama “Walker” starring Jared Padalecki. The other shows are: “All American” (renewed for Season 4), “Batwoman” (renewed for Season 3), “Charmed” (Season 4), “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” (Season 7), “Dynasty” (Season 5) .....“Though we’re just a few weeks into the new season, we wanted to get a strategic head start on next season with these early renewals, which allows our production teams to start laying out story arcs and hiring staff, and at the same time, continues to provide us with a strong, stable schedule to build on for next season,” said Mark Pedowitz, chairman and CEO of The CW. “As The CW’s 2020-2021 season kicks into high gear, we are thrilled creatively with the direction of our first new shows out of the gate

• Love 4

The sexy-ass Luke Cook from The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has been tapped for a role, but as 

Spoiler

a former love interest of Kirby. 

Meh. I was hoping he'd be a recast Steven, although I guess Steven really just isn't happening. I don't get why- Alexis would go pretty much scorched (too soon?) Earth on Adam once she finds out what he did to Steven.

On 2/4/2021 at 1:27 PM, KittenPokerCheater said:

Apparently, the show is a big moneymaker- it's super popular overseas.

Not surprising. There's very little actual plot and in a lot of ways, it's like a fluffy telenovela given how quickly the show burns through plot. 

There was this weird moment in late season 2 where this show clearly wanted to be Revenge-lite, but then they veered back from that pretty quickly.

On 2/24/2021 at 4:02 PM, DXD526 said:

From what I can gather, this show will be returning on Friday, May 7 at 9 p.m. 

I wonder if they intend on just having season 4 and 5 back to back or season 5 won't premiere until 2022. Honestly though, this show feels like the little show that could. It's had so many problems and cast/direction changes that the fact that we're approaching old school syndication episode numbers is a miracle.

• Love 1
On 2/19/2021 at 3:26 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Hide contents

a former love interest of Kirby

There was this weird moment in late season 2 where this show clearly wanted to be Revenge-lite, but then they veered back from that pretty quickly.

Revenge is still one of my favorite shows. ❤

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/11/2021 at 2:46 AM, gatopretoNYC said:

Revenge is still one of my favorite shows. ❤

Revenge was really good, but Dynasty could NOT pull off that vibe. LOL. 

You can tell how badly the late season 2 dark direction of the show tested because they almost immediately veered away from it and back to campy fluffiness as soon as Season 3 started.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
On 5/12/2020 at 6:04 PM, tabularasa said:

For a minute I liked Alexis and Jeff together. I don't care about most of the characters. I'm in the minority but I always wanted the original OTP Michael and Fallon. Now they dumbed Liam down and Fallon is so cartoonish I really don't want them to get married. I have so many "what ifs" if the writers didn't listen to the Falliam fans who now find Liam boring as well. I'm simply bitter. Around Michael as a friend Fallon acts more mature and like her old self. Liam brought nothing now and brings nothing, he's missing in many episodes and no one cares.

Michael and Fallon should have been OTP but I personally believe racial bias may have made that not a possibility. Reminds of what happened with James on Supergirl or Dolls on Wynonna Earp. It always seems to me that Liam just existed to be Fallon's white love interest.

Edited by mommalib
On 5/11/2020 at 3:50 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I like Lachlan Buchanan, so it was nice to see him as Scorpio. He"s kind of like a  "hey, it's that hot Australian guy" to me. As for Alexis and Jeff, pairing them up has felt like the most organic, in-character development to happen on this show. The show really seems to have given up on the Cristal/Blake/Alexis triangle and good for them. Anyway, I enjoyed the Hangover style of this episode. Just a lot of fun.

I agree that Alexis and Jeff feel right somehow lol

(edited)

I enjoyed having this show back.  I had forgotten how much I like this campy show.  I knew it had been a long time since the show was on when I had to stop and remember what the character's names were. 

Who is dead in six months?  Will it be Liam?  

Edited by LakeGal
  • Love 4
(edited)

Looks like Fallon became acquainted with the Quarantine 15, or 10 at least. She was noticeably fuller in the face to me.

Sam looked different to me too. Doesn't seem like weight gain though.

Okay, Cristal too. Yikes. She practically had a double chin. (Oops, found out elsewhere that the actress pregnant. Congrats to her!)

I'm liking how snarky and sassy Culhane is now. Much better than moody and brooding Culhane

So I'm still wondering, where is Monica Colby? As Fallon's best friend it's hard to imagine she's missing the wedding stuff.

Dominique is so tiresome to me. At least she might be getting a real break this season if that key leads to a pile of money.

It's not believable Cristal's lover priest didn't know he was walking into a Carrington wedding. I think he just wanted to force Blake's hand. (Wonder if they'll write in Daniella Alonso's pregnancy and put Cristal in a WTD situation?)

Wow, Kirby must really love Adam. She barely blinked at his murderous confession.

Ruh, roh. Evan Tate's gonna cause trouble at the wedding. A man scorned.

I doubt it. Liam seems to be unkillable. Some think it'll be Culhane.

Not Matt Bomer (aka Fletcher) has been discovered by Ryan Murphy and will be appearing in Ratched on Netflix.

He didn't make much of an impression on Ratched, only appearing in the first episode. But maybe now Ryan Murphy will keep him in his stable of actors he reuses in subsequent projects.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I doubt it. Liam seems to be unkillable. Some think it'll be Culhane.

We are supposed to think that it someone important to Fallon but I really doubt it. It is probably going to be Liam's mom. Notice that there was no one else at said funeral.

Fallon said Monica if off opening some school for girls and won't be able to make the wedding,

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

I liked the fake out that there was another Cristal. lol

I did enjoy that moment.  At least the show knows its audience. 

I was thinking Steven.  He just was kind of left in limbo a few seasons ago, and it would be an easy way to finally be done with him.

• Love 1

I suspect it will be Ethan in the casket. Fallon is there feeling bad about Trixie and now her brother. 

I was hoping that Adam would confess what he did to Steven when he was unloading his sins onto Kirby. Hope springs eternal that we will see Steven come back. 

I suppose the mysterious safety deposit box will contain everything Dominique needs to claim her portion of the Carrington fortune. Which won't be very much now that Blake has put up all his personal assets. 

I have really missed this show and I'm glad it's back. 

On 5/8/2021 at 4:43 PM, nilyank said:

We are supposed to think that it someone important to Fallon but I really doubt it.

I didn't get that impression.  In that scene Fallon looks like she's waiting on line at the supermarket, totally dispassionate.

Looked like Liam had been working out. For the wedding or for the honeymoon, lol?

It's laughable what a bad liar Ryan the stripper is. Almost as if he wanted Sammy to know he was lying.

Huh, I expected a much more stylish gown on Fallon. It was kind of plain IMO. Guess she was going for simple elegance.

Sigh, Sam, you fell for it. Ryan is very likely running a long con and you've been reeled in like a largemouth bass.

Just business, Blake. 😏

Really liking the new and improved Culhane.

Evan, no! (Kind of unfortunate timing IMO for them to have made the Asian guy the villain.)

Oh okay, I'm guessing the reason they contrived to move the ceremony to an auditorium was so Fallon would have better accoustics than there would've been out on the lawn.

Dang, Cristal still couldn't stay away from the hot priest. He must be giving her a new religion. In bed.

Whoa, looks like you got a bad boo boo, Blake. Awwwww.

• Love 2

Did they really have to have my man Culhane be the witness at Fallon's I do's with Liam? The disrespect, this is a girl he loved and proposed to at one point they could have picked somebody else. 

A friend of mine auditioned last month for Amanda. She said it was a fun scene. She’s never watched either version of Dynasty and her eyes widened as I filled her in on the character. I actually worked back in the late 1980s for the agents for Karen Cellini (NuAmanda) so that made it even more weird.

• Love 1