Type keyword(s) to search

Got Questions?: We've Got Answers!

• Start Topic

The talk about the Loft in the Current Plots Discussion thread has me trying to remember the exact order of the tenants. Anyone remember the order? 

What I remember is:  Bo/Hope > Kayla > Kayla/Steve > Jennifer > Jennifer/Isabella > Isabella/John > ????

Also, was Bo the original owner/tenant? Did Mike Horton live there at some point?

13 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

The talk about the Loft in the Current Plots Discussion thread has me trying to remember the exact order of the tenants. Anyone remember the order? 

What I remember is:  Bo/Hope > Kayla > Kayla/Steve > Jennifer > Jennifer/Isabella > Isabella/John > ????

Also, was Bo the original owner/tenant? Did Mike Horton live there at some point?

I think that Bo was the original owner if I am not mistaken..

18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

What's the deal with Dee and Suzanne? Marlena and Maggie used to mingle often enough in the 90s. Now, I don't think they even speak...something happened behind the scenes, right?

It involved mis-matched shoulder pads, an antique monkey statuette and a stolen night of forbidden passion involving the Los Angeles Marine Mammal Rescue Center.......and that's all I'm gonna say.

• LOL 4

What did Susan's brother Thomas Banks actually do in the storyline that introduced him? I remember SMM, Susan and him presenting themselves as the Banks triplets to Kristen at the DiMansion...but then he poofed. I know he was considered a shady guy...but that's it. Did he just show up to scare Kristen into giving back baby EJ that one time?

It seems like they just threw him into the mix for a week to give ED one more funny persona to play.

I know SMM sorta randomly disappeared after Susan and Kristen (ED) left the show, but did they explain where Thomas went to after that triplets reveal? ED was still on the show for months afterward...

I wasn't watching during Deimos's run so can someone confirm--is his death an unsolved cold case for the Salem PD?  I got that Nicole was revealed to the viewers as his killer, but Rafe seemed to not know that yesterday. 

Okay, let's see what I can remember about this. It was an unsolved mystery case for a while, and there were several different potential killers, but then it was revealed to be Nicole. However, she was under the influence of the drug that Deimos had put in everyone's drink that night at the party at the Martin House. Nicole, if memory serves, also ended up making out with Eric in his room, mistakenly believing him to be Daniel back from the dead because she was hallucinating. So yeah, she wasn't exactly in her right mind at the time. 

Someone at some point made an audio cassette of Nicole confessing to the murder and that fell into Brady's hands later on. This is after Brady and Nicole became involved and he started to get paranoid that she would dump him for Eric. Brady spiraled and threatened to use the tape to have Nicole sent to jail for murder unless she dumped Eric, took Holly and left town forever. So that's what she did, breaking Eric's heart in the process.

Much later on, Eric reunited with Nicole and found out all of this. Brady finally ended up apologizing and the three of them kind of made peace over it and decided to leave it in the past. 

But if you're asking if the Salem PD has a name in their files as to who murdered Deimos...I really don't know. The storyline stretched out over several years and I never really cared that much about Deimos in the first place. You are right that most of Salem doesn't know...but at this point I think 5 or 6 characters do, but may not be aware that they all know. I think the list is Eric, Brady, Victor...and maybe Maggie and Jennifer? Rafe, as the by-the-book commissioner (ha!) definitely wasn't told.

I'm also pretty lost as to whether or not Eli still owns the Martin House and runs it as a B&B.

Anyway, here's my question - how and when did Mike Horton leave the show?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 2
54 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I am pretty sure Mike and Carrie were in love and left town together when one of them had an out of state job opportunity. Mike would come back for very, very short visits most notably when Alice died.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think this was his last scene as a regular on contract when Carrie and Mike were written off together...

• Useful 1

I hated Carrie and Mike together mostly because of the recast Mike who was bland. Mark Valley who was recast as Jack  during the Peter Blake years should have been Mike.  Plus, I always loved Mike with Robin and April..

• Love 1
21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

But if you're asking if the Salem PD has a name in their files as to who murdered Deimos...I really don't know. The storyline stretched out over several years and I never really cared that much about Deimos in the first place. You are right that most of Salem doesn't know...but at this point I think 5 or 6 characters do, but may not be aware that they all know. I think the list is Eric, Brady, Victor...and maybe Maggie and Jennifer? Rafe, as the by-the-book commissioner (ha!) definitely wasn't told.

Thanks! I was wondering if that little exchange between Rafe and Nicole where she almost confessed but then brushed over the details was a hint that this may come back to bite their relationship in the ass down the road when Rafe finds out and has to arrest her or something to close the case, even if she gets off on technicalities/impaired mental state, etc. 

13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I hated Carrie and Mike together mostly because of the recast Mike who was bland. 

Same here about Mike's recast! Could they have gotten anyone more opposite from Michael T. Wise.  MTW always played Mike as a fun-loving, joking doctor and big brother to Jennifer.  Roark Critchlow played him like a guy who needed to write himself a prescription for Prozac.  MTW is "The Pretender" to my husband, but he will always be Mike to me. 😀

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Woah - MTW was Mike...? Crazy.

You didn't know?

Yes, he was Mike Horton in the mid to late '80s or so. He had the '80s look going on then, i.e. the Bo Brady look. Longer hair, mustache, and beard (sometimes clean shaven!). Here is a picture of MTW as Mike with Lisa Howard's April Ramirez:

DwMt5zMXcAE-mZw.jpg

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I hated Carrie and Mike together mostly because of the recast Mike who was bland. Mark Valley who was recast as Jack  during the Peter Blake years should have been Mike.  Plus, I always loved Mike with Robin and April..

I think Carrie and Mike were doing their song and dance when I started watching, so I hadn't experienced Austin and Carrie yet, and I also hadn't experienced MTW's Mike. I just remember thinking Carrie and Mike made for a pretty bland couple. HOWEVER, I got one of the biggest laughs of my life when they finally made love for the first time and we got that magical flying bed sequence. Anyone else remember that?? It was one of the cheesiest things I have ever watched, lol.

Also, who were Robin and April? What did they do on the show aside from being Mike's love interests? Were they related to other characters?

Edited by Giuseppe
  • LOL 3
10 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

I think Carrie and Mike were doing their song and dance when I started watching, so I hadn't experienced Austin and Carrie yet, and I also hadn't experienced MTW's Mike. I just remember thinking Carrie and Mike made for a pretty bland couple. HOWEVER, I got one of the biggest laughs of my life when they finally made love for the first time and we got that magical flying bed sequence. Anyone else remember that?? It was one of the cheesiest things I have ever watched, lol.

Also, who were Robin and April? What did they do on the show aside from being Mike's love interests? Were they related to other characters?

Yes, I remember the magical carpet and it is right there with Mime sex when it comes to ridiculousness on a soap..

Mike and Robin was a beautiful love story, he was protestant and she was Jewish, so they had a lot of obstacles because they were not of the same religion.  They had a son Jeremy and moved to Israel. I loved them together, it was Mike's best pairing on the show.

Mike and April were also great as well.  April was connected to Nick Corelli if I am not mistaken.  Her brother was Emilio who was involved with Jennifer. April was an alcoholic who got treatment because of Mike, eventually Robin came back with her son Jeremy. April let Mike go believing that he would be better off with Robin and his son.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3

Someone even wrote about MTW's time as Dr. Mike Horton in some blog. There is a tiny picture of a more clean-shaven Mike with Derya Ruggles' Robin Jacobs. (Another pic at the top makes Mike look like a surfer dude in the white doctor coat, what little can be seen. LOL!)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

HOWEVER, I got one of the biggest laughs of my life when they finally made love for the first time and we got that magical flying bed sequence. Anyone else remember that?? It was one of the cheesiest things I have ever watched, lol.

I remember that craziness. I tried finding a clip of it online but had no luck. It was one of the first things I thought of when Roark's Mike was brought up. He played Mike like a bland stick in the mud Dr most of the time.  At least we got Craig, Nancy and Chloe out of Roark's tenure. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

To be fair, the original adult Mike Horton was on the bland side.  Wesley Eure had the role when Mike was SORASed into a 20-ish adult six years after he was born (1968).  His love story/marriage with Margo (Suzanne Zenor) was one of the more heartbreaking stories on DOOL in the 70s.

Wesley Eure's Mike (1974-1981) was not medically-inclined at all. I vaguely recall that he worked at the local mine operation.  His replacement, Paul Coufos (1981-1982), showed that Mike had become an EMT.  MTW was the first time we saw him as a doctor. (1985-1990),

Mike Horton was SORASed beyond belief initially, then spent the better part of three decades being in his late 20s/early 30s.  He was an widowed adult before Carrie Brady was even born.

Wesley Eure was openly gay while he worked on the show, which caused plenty of BTS drama. He was dating Richard Chamberlin.  Wesley is pretty active on social media, though most of his focus is rehashing his years on Land of the Lost, not the 7 years he was Mike Horton.

He also just turned 70.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I got one of the biggest laughs of my life when they finally made love for the first time and we got that magical flying bed sequence

...what??

8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

They had a son Jeremy and moved to Israel

What???

1 hour ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Wesley Eure had the role when Mike was SORASed into a 20-ish adult six years after he was born (1968)

WHAT?!??

Okay, y'all be making this shit up.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...what??

What???

WHAT?!??

Okay, y'all be making this shit up.

Nope.

Mike Horton was in his 30s for, like, three DECADES. LOL! (I think it was a matter of the show aging him WAY too fast and then trying to course correct.)

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

So he still had a son - Jeremy - the whole time he was courting Carrie in the 90s?

Sure did! Very rarely mentioned and never seen (because he was in Israel with Robin at the time), but yes.

And of course all the stuff about Carrie having a childhood crush on Mike was a major rewrite. By the time Carrie hit her tweenage years and started having crushes*, Mike was in the middle of his relationship with Robin, having already been widowed many years before. Part of his early conflict with Robin was that she thought he didn't take medicine seriously enough, not knowing that he'd been drawn to medicine (and cancer research in particular) by the loss of his wife.

It's really hard to resolve MTW's Mike with RC's Mike. And I say this as someone who didn't mind RC's Mike at all, bland as he could be.

*Carrie's actual first crush was on Frankie. In her defense, he wasn't yet her adoptive uncle.

Edited by Panopticon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Ah I remember back in the good old days when Salem had more than one doctor.  Back then Mike and Robin were surgeons, Dr. Neil Curtis was a pediatrician, Tom Horton was chief of staff, and I believe Mitch (Robin's 1st husband) was a pharmacist at the hospital too.  Now Kayla has to do all those jobs and more. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Yes, both April and Robin had family in town, none of which stuck around the show long term. Robin's uncle Robert was on the show before her as a waiter at Blondie's and then her father was occasionally shown as a supporting character. 

April's family (parents and brother) were fleshed out w/various storylines for a few years. In fact, April's father appeared first as a homeless tarot card reader who warned Kayla and Steve of danger. (No Susan Banks back then.)  They were a family that lived along the waterfront/pier area. April came to work w/Kayla at the Emergency Center, and her brother Emilio was romantically connected with Jennifer and Adrienne at times. I think there were also stories about April's brother's being involved with gangs. 

20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

April was connected to Nick Corelli if I am not mistaken.  Her brother was Emilio who was involved with Jennifer. April was an alcoholic who got treatment because of Mike, eventually Robin came back with her son Jeremy. April let Mike go believing that he would be better off with Robin and his son.

Yes, April later went to work at Wings when Nick owned it. 

• Love 2

And Carrie's first roommate was the youngest Ramirez.  Julio Ramirez and Carrie Brady created quite a stir among the Bradys when they became platonic roommates. 

This was the Tracy Middendorf era, when DOOL didnt think Christie Clark could pull off an adult relationship (with Lawrence Alamain of all people).  Christie Clark was rightfully returned to the role just as Billie and Austin came on the scene.  And to be fair to the DOOL producers, I did just watch some of the early Christie-PatrickMuldoon scenes, and she looks like she is 12 years old.

It often felt like they were setting up Julio to be gay, but he wasn't featured often and the character was sent to college in NYC. That enabled Billie Holliday Reed to move in as Carrie's new roomie.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 2

Jeremy Horton was SORASed himself and returned to Salem in the Stephanie Johnson era.  He was a horrid brute to her, at one point shoving her under the water in a hot tub.  It was all part of the story arc turning Stephanie was meek wallflower victim to heroine.

Jeremy and his pal ran an airline (really!) and Stephanie worked as one of the flight attendants.  The story made no sense.  Mike and Robin and Robert (ro-bear) were long gone from Salem and a fading Frances Reid was called upon to keep her great grandson under control.

In the end, Jeremy had no redeeming qualities and was sent to prison.  He was the first Bad Seed Horton.  His cousin Nick Fallon soon stepped up and filled that role.

Trevor Donovan portrayed Jeremy.  He was also on some CW programs and has an active social media presence, mostly showing off his body.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Useful 2
33 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Jeremy Horton was SORASed himself and returned to Salem in the Stephanie Johnson era.  He was a horrid brute to her, at one point shoving her under the water in a hot tub.  It was all part of the story arc turning Stephanie was meek wallflower victim to heroine.

Jeremy and his pal ran an airline (really!) and Stephanie worked as one of the flight attendants.  The story made no sense.  Mike and Robin and Robert (ro-bear) were long gone from Salem and a fading Frances Reid was called upon to keep her great grandson under control.

In the end, Jeremy had no redeeming qualities and was sent to prison.  He was the first Bad Seed Horton.  His cousin Nick Fallon soon stepped up and filled that role.

Trevor Donovan portrayed Jeremy.  He was also on some CW programs and has an active social media presence, mostly showing off his body.

Forgot about Jeremy.

That said, if the show ever did want to revive the character, since all he was involved with was shit (hence why I likely forgot! LOL!), I could see the show also "erasing" that mess and starting from scratch with the character. I mean, if Nicholas Alamain could be hugely SORAS'ed only to lose a decade or so when Carly made her unfortunate return, anything is possible!

(It just made ZERO sense to me that either Nick or Jeremy were villains. Yes, even good families have bad people, but both of these characters had loving families, and it just didn't ring true to me at all that they would turn out so awful.)

• Love 4
7 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

He’s in Hallmark movies, too.

• Useful 2
12 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I remember that arc. Whoever was writing then totally ruined a handful of legacy characters with personalities and genetics that made no sense. I seem to recall it was the Melanie Jonas era too. Oh that grating voice of hers. Casting director must have been a moron. 

11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Forgot about Jeremy.

That said, if the show ever did want to revive the character, since all he was involved with was shit (hence why I likely forgot! LOL!), I could see the show also "erasing" that mess and starting from scratch with the character. I mean, if Nicholas Alamain could be hugely SORAS'ed only to lose a decade or so when Carly made her unfortunate return, anything is possible!

(It just made ZERO sense to me that either Nick or Jeremy were villains. Yes, even good families have bad people, but both of these characters had loving families, and it just didn't ring true to me at all that they would turn out so awful.)

I wish I could forget! But I'm willing to try some memory eraser if the show takes a second and better stab at having the characters on screen.   A new Jeremy, a new Stefanie, and finally a cast of Andrew Donovan might add new old blood to town. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 11/9/2021 at 10:55 AM, Peanut6711 said:

I remember that arc. Whoever was writing then totally ruined a handful of legacy characters with personalities and genetics that made no sense. I seem to recall it was the Melanie Jonas era too. Oh that grating voice of hers. Casting director must have been a moron. 

On 11/8/2021 at 11:07 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Don't forget the hatchet job that the show did on Stefanie, the daughter of a popular supercouple in order to prop up Melanie Jonas.

On 11/8/2021 at 11:07 PM, WendyCR72 said:

The show did the same thing to Kim and Shane's daughter Jeannie and renamed her Theresa and gave her a stupid backstory that made no sense to who her parents were.  All they had to say was that Shane had cut her off from her trust fund for lack of direction in life.  Shane in character would be a strict parent while Kim would have been very permissive due to her own tumultuous childhood. They did not need to make Kim and Shane neglectful and unloving parents. I will never buy that they were and that made me despise Theresa.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The show did the same thing to Kim and Shane's daughter Jeannie and renamed her Theresa and gave her a stupid backstory that made no sense to who her parents were.  All they had to say was that Shane had cut her off from her trust fund for lack of direction in life.  Shane in character would be a strict parent while Kim would have been very permissive due to her own tumultuous childhood. They did not need to make Kim and Shane neglectful and unloving parents. I will never buy that they were and that made me despise Theresa.

Yeah, THAT pissed me the hell off! Do these hacks not remember we SAW Shane and Kimberly and we KNOW how they behaved?!

• Love 5

It also drove me crazy when Jeannie Theresa said she had to extort Brady because although she'd dreamed of traveling "Europe was always out of reach." You mean the same Europe that's just across the English Channel from Donovan Manor? I could see Shane cutting her off, but she was portrayed as needing to scrap and scheme because she'd never been financially secure-- like she'd had Nicole's childhood or something.

(It also bugged me that Eve needed to lie and scheme to pay for Paige's college tuition. The only way that would have been a problem would have been if Shane didn't know Paige existed, but he obviously did.)

• Love 4
On 11/12/2021 at 6:07 PM, Panopticon said:

It also drove me crazy when Jeannie Theresa said she had to extort Brady because although she'd dreamed of traveling "Europe was always out of reach." You mean the same Europe that's just across the English Channel from Donovan Manor? I could see Shane cutting her off, but she was portrayed as needing to scrap and scheme because she'd never been financially secure-- like she'd had Nicole's childhood or something.

(It also bugged me that Eve needed to lie and scheme to pay for Paige's college tuition. The only way that would have been a problem would have been if Shane didn't know Paige existed, but he obviously did.)

The funny thing is that Jeannie(Theresa) and Andrew lived in London in their father's estate for years when Kim had her mental breakdown so how the hell did Theresa live in poverty. Shane would have provided for all of his children and grandchildren, period. Shane was of British aristocracy and wealthy. 

Theresa could have been a Brady cousin via papa Shawn. Perhaps Theresa could have been the granddaughter of the pedophile Uncle Eric with an axe to grind with the Brady family.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
On 11/8/2021 at 5:05 PM, Peanut6711 said:

Yes, both April and Robin had family in town, none of which stuck around the show long term. Robin's uncle Robert was on the show before her as a waiter at Blondie's and then her father was occasionally shown as a supporting character. 

April's family (parents and brother) were fleshed out w/various storylines for a few years. In fact, April's father appeared first as a homeless tarot card reader who warned Kayla and Steve of danger. (No Susan Banks back then.)  They were a family that lived along the waterfront/pier area. April came to work w/Kayla at the Emergency Center, and her brother Emilio was romantically connected with Jennifer and Adrienne at times. I think there were also stories about April's brother's being involved with gangs. 

Yes, April later went to work at Wings when Nick owned it. 

April married Nick to make Mike give up on her and return to Robin and Jeremy. Nick married April to convince Eve to move on. They had a ton of black and white Casablanca like vignettes 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Theresa could have been a Brady cousin via papa Shawn. Perhaps Theresa could have been the granddaughter of the pedophile Uncle Eric with an axe to grind with the Brady family.

That would have been great! I really do wonder why they insisted on making Theresa=Jeannie. They didn't want to write Theresa as having Jeannie's socioeconomic background. They didn't want to write Theresa as having Jeannie's family background. They didn't even want to write Theresa as having Jeannie's name.

With Jeannie's established background, you could have had a character who said "I hated growing up split between two continents and never seeing my parents together. A lot of times my dad was unreachable because of his secret missions, and my mom was overprotective because she was afraid someone would hurt me like her uncle hurt her. Then, just when I was starting college and making my own choices for once, my mom was diagnosed with leukemia and my dad dropped off the face of the earth for the year. THEN, once that crisis was over, they got back together for the first time in my life! They couldn't have managed that when I was a kid?! And now my dad's trying to have opinions on my life using the old 'but I was trapped in a South American prison' excuse? No thank you." That  could have led to a directionless, angry immature brat... but it still wouldn't have gotten to the girl who had to claw for everything and had never been loved, which was who Theresa was meant to be.

• Love 3

I did notice the last time Teresa was on Eve and Brady referenced her by Jeanie-Teresa.  Was thinking maybe they were going to change her name. 
   They could also bring the character back and change her backstory.  It’s been done before. 
   My question 🙋‍♀️ 

has adult Andrew ever been on the show ?

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, tribeca said:

No. The only time Andrew was important to story was when Kimberly was pregnant with him and after his birth. He has not been seen since he was a child.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

No. The only time Andrew was important to story was when Kimberly was pregnant with him and after his birth. He has not been seen since he was a child.

He also spoke for the audience in finding the Shane/Kayla relationship to be weird and he saw them kiss. He told his mom of course.  Andrew was also very close to Shawn-Douglas as kids, they were best friends in addition to being cousins. If I am not mistaken, Andrew's mischievousness was the reason that Shawn-Douglas fell into that hole causing his deafness. He was very protective of his sister Jeannie/ Theresa and Eve his big sister adored him..

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

No and I hope he never comes on the show. Look at what they did to his sister. In my head, he is just as handsome and debonair as his father Shane working side by side with him solving cases.. He adores his mom Kimberly and has a penchant for attracting trouble like her and righting wrongs like his dad Shane..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, tribeca said:

I did notice the last time Teresa was on Eve and Brady referenced her by Jeanie-Teresa.  Was thinking maybe they were going to change her name. 

I wondered if Ron Carlivati might be more prone than some other writers to change her name back. OLTL had a similar situation when the legacy character Sarah popped up as a young adult calling herself Flash. She left and when she returned with a new face, she basically said “yeah the Flash thing was just a phase call me Sarah again.” I think the timing was right for that to have been RC’s choice. 

• Love 1