Type keyword(s) to search

Got Questions?: We've Got Answers!

• Start Topic

Just now, nilyank said:

Yes. It was after Marlena got shot at her umpteenth wedding to John, he claimed that he did to get info to help Sami about EJ. 

Oh, wow, I totally forgot about that!  Thanks for answering.  Brady has a real sickness I guess.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Wasn’t johns plan to break up Kristin and Brady that he (John) would sleep with Kristin?

I can see where Brady gets his ideas     

Yes, and Marlena divorced him over it. Perfect plan for Brady to re-create. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

What is the history between Anna and Nicole?

Anna and Nicole were sister-in-laws when both were married to Tony and EJ. Anna is also the one who got Nicole pardoned when she was in jail for the Sydney baby switch. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Anna and Nicole were sister-in-laws when both were married to Tony and EJ. Anna is also the one who got Nicole pardoned when she was in jail for the Sydney baby switch. 

Anna only did that because Nicole blackmailed her when Nicole realized that it was Anna who had kidnapped Sydney from Nicole (after Nicole had kidnapped Sydney herself).

They are not friendly at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Anna only did that because Nicole blackmailed her when Nicole realized that it was Anna who had kidnapped Sydney from Nicole (after Nicole had kidnapped Sydney herself).

They are not friendly at all.

Correct. My post wasn't implying that they are friendly or necessarily fond of each other. Just trying to give a shorthand version of their minimal relationship. 

• Love 3
Spoiler
23 minutes ago, mary2013 said:

Was Nicole involved in Tony's most recent death?  I think Tony had said something about Nicole's face being the last thing he saw.

Not that I particularly remember. Tony was in a fight with Phillip, fell off the pier and was impailed. I don't believe Nicole was involved. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Not that I particularly remember. Tony was in a fight with Phillip, fell off the pier and was impailed. I don't believe Nicole was involved. 

Tony found out that Nicole stole Sydney from Sami and switched her with Grace. When Tony had his accident, Nicole was scared to death that Tony would tell EJ the truth. I think when Tony "died" at the hospital, Nicole was nearby as he tried to rat her out.

• Love 3

If the old open air mall from the 90s, Salem Place, was just essentially the parking lot outside the studio.... couldn't they still do those types of outdoor shoots? It would really add variety to the stories (and sets) if we could see the actors walking down a street instead of standing dead centre of Horton Square all the time. Or if they were trying to pretend to be in some other city....just have them stand next to some outdoor shrubs with a street sign or something.

It can't be that much more costly to just lug the cameras out the door, right? Am I crazy?

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

If the old open air mall from the 90s, Salem Place, was just essentially the parking lot outside the studio.... couldn't they still do those types of outdoor shoots? It would really add variety to the stories (and sets) if we could see the actors walking down a street instead of standing dead centre of Horton Square all the time. Or if they were trying to pretend to be in some other city....just have them stand next to some outdoor shrubs with a street sign or something.

It can't be that much more costly to just lug the cameras out the door, right? Am I crazy?

I believe that outdoor set was destroyed years ago. I doubt the show has the money to build a new one..

• Love 1
On 9/26/2019 at 9:31 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I loved Salem Place.  Essentially, Horton Town Square has replaced it for good.  

The studio is right in the heart of busy Burbank, with traffic noise and major construction being done on the property itself. It's been almost two decades since I was outside the studio, and I was shocked at how the studio was crammed into a very busy commercial district.  And that was before the last decade of urban development. Parking for the actors was recently moved somewhat far away due to the construction.  Far away enough that a golf cart is used to shuttle the cast.

It may sound easy to just film outside, but go back and watch the hellish job done on the final gasps of ATWT and GL.  Sure, technology is better, but you still have lighting, choreography, different makeup needs, crowd control, homeless management, landscaping and litter maintenance, shadows, angles, and re-takes.  Under the current budget, there are no re-takes, 

If they manage to stumble into a few more bucks, I'd rather they spend it on updating the current sets, invest in some promotion, and maybe hire some writers/directors who aren't already AARP members.

Edge of Night was an amazing show, and it's sets were comical.  But the writing and the storytelling and the casting was outstanding.  Good story will make everyone forget the dusty Brady Pub, the 1990s style hotelroom (hello, bedspreads were banned a decade ago) and the generic multi-purpose office.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 9/30/2019 at 5:10 AM, tribeca said:

What is jacks history with Dimera family that they would want to save him ?

There really isn't one. Jack's only substantial connection was to Peter and that was through being his rival for Jennifer. 

Peter was in jail and Kristen wasn't around when Jack would of been taken, so it just looks like the Dimera's wanting to control things. 

I could totally see Stefano taking advantage of the situation and taking Jack in honor of Peter but it has never been explained. 

• Love 2
On 10/4/2019 at 5:57 PM, tribeca said:

If fans of the show can believe there is a shot to wake the dead, a rubber mask that can transform your voice and body why can’t they believe Shane is Eves dad ?

For reals.  At one point we were asked to beleive that 20 year old Scotty Banning (played by a 24 year old Rick Hearst) was 45 year old Julies GRANDson. 

• Love 1
On 10/4/2019 at 8:57 PM, tribeca said:

If fans of the show can believe there is a shot to wake the dead, a rubber mask that can transform your voice and body why can’t they believe Shane is Eves dad ?

Because - and I speak ONLY for myself here - while Kassie DePaiva is a lovely older woman, she does NOT (IMO!) look younger than her age, and she looks like she could play Shane's lover, not daughter.

Some actors are blessed with younger looks that belies their true age, making it easier to play younger. But that isn't the case here, again, for me.

But as bad as this is, there were only about 4 years between Karen Moncrieff and Charlotte Ross, where they were freaking mother and daughter! (But Moncrieff, who I remember more as Cassandra Benedict Lockridge on Santa Barbara, looked more mature than her real age, so I guess casting directors agreed she could pull off being CR's Eve's mom. Still, I wonder if KM ever felt insulted?)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Is Joey serving a life sentence 

No, I forget how long exactly, but because of the nature of Ava's murder and his confession I believe he was given a few years. 

• Love 3
On 10/8/2019 at 10:36 PM, WendyCR72 said:

But as bad as this is, there were only about 4 years between Karen Moncrieff and Charlotte Ross, where they were freaking mother and daughter!

What was the age difference between Celeste and Lexie? I doubt it was more than 10 or 12 years. Both were gorgeous but come on now..you mean to tell me Celeste's bod just snapped back into shape like that? Celeste never looked like she had any kids let alone one as old as Alexandra.

For years now I've been wondering about the Sami Lucas love story, because I missed so much of it back in the day. I pretty much only watched the Kristen stuff in the mid-90s and saw glimpses to Sami and Lucas and thought they were both kind of annoying. When I heard that they ended up getting married sometime in the 2000s, I was intrigued. Can anybody forward me to some secret playlist or something somewhere so I can catch up on how they eventually got married? Did they ever get any especially good classic love scenes?

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Celeste was really young when she had Lexie. Between the ages of 18-21 at the most. In real life I think there was a 8-10 year age difference between Renee and Tanya. 

Tanya Boyd was born on March 20, 1951

Renée Jones was born on October 15, 1958

From IMDB.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, tribeca said:

How many children does Maggie have?

According to Wikipedia:

Summer, Daniel, and Sarah are her blood children.

Melissa is her adopted daughter. Janice Barnes is her foster daughter.

Bo and Philip are her stepsons.

But it also doesn't include Isabella, who is her dead stepdaughter.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh my God - can we make a pact to never mention Summer again? 😣

Have they ever mentioned her on air since she left?  

I know they made mention of Melissa and Noelle when Sarah Horton arrived and was de-aged a couple decades.  Big Sister Summer gets dissed.

She can join Dougie LeClaire, Steve Olsen, and Sandy Horton as long-forgotten Salemites.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh my God - can we make a pact to never mention Summer again? 😣

I'm in, apparently so are the Days writers. Another completely useless storyline involving a completely useless character. 

• Love 2

Yeah they have mercifully never brought her up again, thank God.

It was so bad it was cringy. For all the mistakes the show runners make, it does inspire some hope that even they recognized Summer was a dumpster fire of recycled cliches and propping.

• Love 2
On 11/20/2019 at 11:08 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

Have they ever mentioned her on air since she left?  

I know they made mention of Melissa and Noelle when Sarah Horton arrived and was de-aged a couple decades.  Big Sister Summer gets dissed.

She can join Dougie LeClaire, Steve Olsen, and Sandy Horton as long-forgotten Salemites.

I certainly don't miss Summer, a dreadful retcon who was totally surplus to the requirements. If they needed to give Maggie an onscreen daughter and wanted to cast Marie Wilson in the role, why not make her Sarah or Melissa?

I would however welcome the return of some of the legacy characters born onscreen whom we've never seen as adults: Andrew Donovan IV, Alexander and the Kiriakis twins. I think everyone else has shown up at some point: Jeannie Theresa Donovan, Sonny Kiriakis, Jeremy Horton, Nathan Horton, Scotty Banning ...

Speaking of Steve Olson - didn't he have a son? Nobody ever talks about them in connection with either of Steve's sisters who are both still onscreen. Julie was on her deathbed; her only son died; Hope's husband died - and those are just the tragedies that befell Addie's branch of the Horton clan in the last few years - but not even a passing mention of Steve.

Actually thinking about this ... the Horton and Brady names are going to die out at this rate. Unless it becomes more common for women to pass their last name to their kids, because I don't think there is a single boy with either last name. Among the Bradys, Kim and Kayla's children have their husbands' last names; as do Roman's daughters; Eric, Rex and Shawn-Douglas each have only 1 daughter. Frankie and Max might as well not exist. 

Among the Hortons, Tommy and Mickey only had daughters; Melissa's son has the last name Horton but he has no children that we know of, nor is it likely they will bother to give him one. Addie's children are Olsons and Williams. Marie's branch of the family tree is doomed to extinction with the murder of Nick, who in any case was a Fallon. That leaves Bill, whose daughter's children are surnamed Deveraux, Mike's only son Jeremy has been forgotten about, and Will probably won't have a son even if they eventually get around to giving him another child.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 2
On 11/25/2019 at 8:15 AM, Aymery said:

Among the Hortons, Tommy and Mickey only had daughters; Melissa's son has the last name Horton but he has no children that we know of, nor is it likely they will bother to give him one. Addie's children are Olsons and Williams. Marie's branch of the family tree is doomed to extinction with the murder of Nick, who in any case was a Fallon. That leaves Bill, whose daughter's children are surnamed Deveraux, Mike's only son Jeremy has been forgotten about, and Will probably won't have a son even if they eventually get around to giving him another child.

What about Eli?

• Love 2
On 11/25/2019 at 7:15 AM, Aymery said:

Lucas could always possibly spit out another kid.

• Love 2
On 11/25/2019 at 7:15 AM, Aymery said:

I certainly don't miss Summer, a dreadful retcon who was totally surplus to the requirements. If they needed to give Maggie an onscreen daughter and wanted to cast Marie Wilson in the role, why not make her Sarah or Melissa?

I would however welcome the return of some of the legacy characters born onscreen whom we've never seen as adults: Andrew Donovan IV, Alexander and the Kiriakis twins. I think everyone else has shown up at some point: Jeannie Theresa Donovan, Sonny Kiriakis, Jeremy Horton, Nathan Horton, Scotty Banning ...

Speaking of Steve Olson - didn't he have a son? Nobody ever talks about them in connection with either of Steve's sisters who are both still onscreen. Julie was on her deathbed; her only son died; Hope's husband died - and those are just the tragedies that befell Addie's branch of the Horton clan in the last few years - but not even a passing mention of Steve.

Actually thinking about this ... the Horton and Brady names are going to die out at this rate. Unless it becomes more common for women to pass their last name to their kids, because I don't think there is a single boy with either last name. Among the Bradys, Kim and Kayla's children have their husbands' last names; as do Roman's daughters; Eric, Rex and Shawn-Douglas each have only 1 daughter. Frankie and Max might as well not exist. 

13 hours ago, bannana said:

What about Eli?

Also, there are plenty of characters who make it pretty clear that they consider themselves Hortons, whether or not they use that last name - Jennifer, Hope, Abigail, JJ, etc., and also acknowledge the other branches of their family, and the same is true for Brady descendants and family members.  Just as many of us do in our own lives, vocally tying ourselves to the family we have through our mothers and grandmothers.  

Paternity isn't the only family qualifier anymore, if indeed, it ever was, and that's sure true for Salem.

• Love 4
On 11/29/2019 at 2:17 AM, bannana said:

What about Eli?

Eli has Valerie's maiden name, Grant. Even if he we're to change it to honor David it still wouldn't be Horton. It would be Banning. 

I think the poster was specifically pointing out the "Horton" name. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Wasn’t there a scene of Kristin and Brady holding their baby ?

today Lani said Kristin never got to hold her baby.   

I think there is some confusion on that scene. Was it a flashback? Or a Fantasy/what if? 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

There was a scene like that, but Kristen was actually holding a ham wrapped in a blanket.

So it's easy to understand why she mistook it for the baby she had with Brady, since it both looked and smelled exactly like him.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

I was just asking this in the ep thread. I'm so confused. Although, to be fair, I don't always pay much attention to what's on screen and I fast forward a lot so!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

Thought Brady, when he was talking to John Black, said it was a "what if" or "moments that could have been"...aka the future that didn't happen. 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♀️

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, tribeca said:

All the talk about Carrie in current plot thread made me wonder.....

Are Carrie and Austin still married?

Austin said they were having troubles when he showed up in the digital series and he and Abby flirted with each other.

• Love 2

Carrie and Austin are not together. Carrie revealed it when she came back for Caroline's funeral. That is also when she slept with Rafe. 

Austin also confirmed it when he did the digital series with Chad and Abigail. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 10/1/2019 at 6:51 PM, JBC344 said:

There really isn't one. Jack's only substantial connection was to Peter and that was through being his rival for Jennifer. 

Peter was in jail and Kristen wasn't around when Jack would of been taken, so it just looks like the Dimera's wanting to control things. 

I could totally see Stefano taking advantage of the situation and taking Jack in honor of Peter but it has never been explained. 

Plus he was kidnapped 3 times by Andre Dimera. first time was when his death was faked along with the other salamites in what is known as the salem stalker murders where all the victims ended up on melaswen island . 2nd time was when he and the other victims managed to escape melaswen and then the volcano on that island blew up and triggered a tsunami which hit their raft and jack,Cassie,Marlena ,Roman, Victor and Caroline were presumed to have drowned but andre somehow managed to kid nap them again,then they were whisked off to the DimERA castle somewhere in Europe . the 3rd time was when Jack escaped from that castle and he was captured by Andre's hot blonde goon Madison , who was disguised as Jennifer by wearing a mask in order to look like Jen. But honestly , I have no clue why the Dimeras deemed him important enough to be resurrected. lets not forget that Dr Rolf was basically Rex and Cassie's father when they were growing up on Stefano's lab compound and Rolf was sorta attached to the twins. Perhaps if Cassie begged Rolf to revive Jack then it would kinda make sense because Jack and Cassie were cellmates when they were both held prisoner in that Dimera castle, they could have become buddies and pen pals . 

Edited by Rafael