Type keyword(s) to search

Got Questions?: We've Got Answers!

• Start Topic

On 3/16/2022 at 8:04 PM, WendyCR72 said:

I don't think the Cruise of Deception was on location at all, all studio. But maybe the show was saving up for 1991 which had both Jack and Jenn's Wild West outdoor wedding *and* the (gorgeous) trip to Chichen Itza, Mexico for the Romans I and II storyline (where, among other things, Isabella told John she was pregnant with Brady and where Bo and Carly had their unofficial "wedding"). Good times.

Mexico was just awesome with Bo and Carly being  the main couple driving the story.  I am a Bo and Hope fan who absolutely loved Bo with Princess aka Carly. It also featured Marlena picking Roman and saying goodbye to John was bittersweet.  Bo telling John that he would always be his brother in front of Roman was also another highlight that moved me to tears.  Days used to have the capacity to make you to feel, now I feel absolutely nothing..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Bo telling John that he would always be his brother in front of Roman was also another highlight that moved me to tears. 

Yes! I love that, too. Since John was so uncertain in his place in the Brady family, that was a great moment, Bo saying he had TWO brothers. (Too bad he forgot Frankie and Max, but hey. LOL!)

Not in Mexico, but I also loved when John - who had been avoiding the Bradys - ran into Shawn Sr. and he called John on his avoidance. I can still remember him basically yelling, "You're still a Brady! You're still MY SON."

It made it more real. Obviously, the Bradys were happy Roman was home, but they had room for both men.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yes! I love that, too. Since John was so uncertain in his place in the Brady family, that was a great moment, Bo saying he had TWO brothers. (Too bad he forgot Frankie and Max, but hey. LOL!)

Not in Mexico, but I also loved when John - who had been avoiding the Bradys - ran into Shawn Sr. and he called John on his avoidance. I can still remember him basically yelling, "You're still a Brady! You're still MY SON."

It made it more real. Obviously, the Bradys were happy Roman was home, but they had room for both men.

Don't forget Kim and Kayla running into John after they brought cake and balloons for a welcome home party that they were having for Roman.  The next day they showed up at John's with balloons and cake telling him that they still loved him and he was still their brother as well.

Kim Kayla and Rojohn had a similar scene with Bo after his paternity reveal, telling him that he was still a Brady 100% regardless if Victor was his biological father.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
Just now, Pearson80 said:

Don't forget Kim and Kayla running into John after they brought cake and balloons for a welcome home party that they were having for Roman.  The next day they showed up at John's with balloons and cake telling him that they still loved him and he was still their brother as well.

Kim Kayla and Rojohn had a similar scene with Bo after his paternity reveal, telling him that he was still a Brady 100% regardless if Victor was his biological father.

I do remember the Bradys being hurt for Roman and being angry at Marlena and John once their affair was revealed. But - like any family - they seemed to realize that with circumstances being what they were, things weren't so cut and dried and Caroline and Shawn basically eventually forgave them.

I do love that it was John - using his Alamain money - that gave Shawn his dream of running a restaurant/bar, after the fish market was destroyed during a robbery.

In the scene where Shawn told John he was still Shawn's son, I also remember him either giving or telling John about old Brady family things that he and Caroline had for the upcoming baby (Brady), and referred to the baby as their grandchild. As a matter of fact, in "One Stormy Night", the prime time special when Isabella drove into the Salem River, I think it was, I remember all the Bradys gathering at the hospital to give John support. And I recall a sweet scene of John giving Caroline coffee and Caroline also basically referring to John as her son.

I just wish things weren't too far gone to make John actually Roman again, but it is what it is. He should have, however, remained a Brady cousin.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

I do remember the Bradys being hurt for Roman and being angry at Marlena and John once their affair was revealed. But - like any family - they seemed to realize that with circumstances being what they were, things weren't so cut and dried and Caroline and Shawn basically eventually forgave them.

I do love that it was John - using his Alamain money - that gave Shawn his dream of running a restaurant/bar, after the fish market was destroyed during a robbery.

In the scene where Shawn told John he was still Shawn's son, I also remember him either giving or telling John about old Brady family things that he and Caroline had for the upcoming baby (Brady), and referred to the baby as their grandchild. As a matter of fact, in "One Stormy Night", the prime time special when Isabella drove into the Salem River, I think it was, I remember all the Bradys gathering at the hospital to give John support. And I recall a sweet scene of John giving Caroline coffee and Caroline also basically referring to John as her son.

I just wish things weren't too far gone to make John actually Roman again, but it is what it is. He should have, however, remained a Brady cousin.

I also remember Isabella asking Shawn to walk her down the aisle when she was marrying John because she never trusted Victor even after he was revealed to be her father because she remembered all of the awful stuff that he had done to the Brady family.  Plus, she remembered how the Brady family had embraced her and loved her when John was Roman.  Victor was super pissed that his children preferred Shawn as a father over him. I loved that Victor's comeuppance was ongoing and the show always emphasized that biology alone did not make a family..

I remember there was a rumor that the show  had wanted to make John Shawn's son via a relationship with a woman but there was a writing change and the new writers  chose not to continue with what the old writers had wanted to do. I think the show realized it was a mistake to have done the tale of two Romans that undid Drake's magnificent work as Roman.. Not to mention, Wayne left the role as Roman 3 years later anyway..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

WHET Ben’s nephew/niece, the one who was the child of his sister who died (played by Chishelle Stauss sp?) who, the last I can recall was taken in by Rafe. Thanks, gentle people, I can’t burn up too many of my remaining brain cells on this.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, FrankOFoley said:

WHET Ben’s nephew/niece, the one who was the child of his sister who died (played by Chishelle Stauss sp?) who, the last I can recall was taken in by Rafe. Thanks, gentle people, I can’t burn up too many of my remaining brain cells on this.

His aunt Zoey got custody and she took off with him.  His name was David.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

They really should of kept David and Rafe together.  I actually enjoy Rafe in "Dad mode", his relationships with Allie, Johnny, and Ciara have always been a highlight.  Even like when it seemed like he was going to be Chase's guardian back in the day.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

Do you think Will and Sydney feel left out not being possessed?

It's a shame they were left out.  Just think of Sami's Christmas card photo if the whole family had been possessed!

• LOL 8
6 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Do Anna and Tony have any children together?

No she was pregnant and a jealous Renee engineered the boat that she was in to crash resulting in a miscarriage.

Some of us on another board at the time that EJ was introduced wanted him to have been the child that Anna miscarried.  Carrie's brother tormenting Sami who used to torment Carrie would have been an interesting story to tell. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Not sure where to put this, but it's a question, so here goes:

I thought Premium Peacock was "limited" commercials? It didn't seem limited to me since there was a commercial (45-60 seconds each) after every segment (about every 10 minutes).

Anyway, is this the normal Premium Peacock, or are they just inundating Days fans simply because most of us signed up for their "special" Premium package? 

Edited by Soapy Goddess
2 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Not sure where to put this, but it's a question, so here goes:

I thought Premium Peacock was "limited" commercials? It didn't seem limited to me since there was a commercial (45-60 seconds each) after every segment (about every 10 minutes).

Anyway, is this the normal Premium Peacock, or are they just inundating Days fans simply because most of us signed up for their "special" Premium package? 

That is the norm. 1 45/60 second commercial,  far better than 3 minute commercials every 8 minutes.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 9/13/2022 at 12:56 AM, Soapy Goddess said:

I have found that as you watch more episodes (say 5 in a row), the ads decrease even further.  Not sure if weekly viewing works for you though.

Another trick is to start streaming the show, and then go do something for 45-ish minutes.  When the show is about to end, rewind to the beginning. That seems to clear the commercial inventory. Settle in and watch commercial-free.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Anyone know how to delete "continue watching" programs on Peacock?  Seems you don't always know when episodes on Days have ended--especially when you aren't playing close attention (LOL).   It goes to commercials and comes back with the credits that sometimes don't last long enough to successfully exit the episode.  Then, it immediately loads a different program.  Right now, Beyond Salem and S1, E1 of Murder She Wrote are listed in my "continue watching."  PLUS, because I watched an episode of The Voice on Peacock (that the DVR didn't record), the following episodes just keep showing up, It's not a big deal, I guess, but I want them gone.   Don't think I like how this platform is structured.

• Useful 1
On 9/15/2022 at 3:12 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

I have found that as you watch more episodes (say 5 in a row), the ads decrease even further.  Not sure if weekly viewing works for you though.

Another trick is to start streaming the show, and then go do something for 45-ish minutes.  When the show is about to end, rewind to the beginning. That seems to clear the commercial inventory. Settle in and watch commercial-free.

You can pay $5/mo for commercial free on Peacock

Is that sad score they seem to be playing a lot a new thing? I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out if it's a new thing or something that's been around. I don't remember it playing before the John/Marlena slideshow on the rooftop scene, and now it seems to be playing all the time.

Why does Chad act so stupid around Leo?  He was really giving him a lot of information the other day.  Chad had to know Stephanie would not want gossip about her and Alex and especially talk of her mom.  
    Why did the take away the Horton chat thread?  Hope it wasn’t because I was posting in there.  Sometimes I feel like a thread killer.  
    I missed a few shows.   Does anyone know that Kate, Kayla and Marlena are still alive ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

I missed a few shows.   Does anyone know that Kate, Kayla and Marlena are still alive ?

Nobody other than Dr. Rolf and Bo, so far.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

Bo knows the ladies are alive??

He seemed to, since Kate told hiim when she was talking to him, trying to keep him from killing her.  At that point, he was still so programmed by Megan he didn't seem to either register it, or care, not sure which.  I suspect that will change now that he's trying to break free of Megan's control.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
On 3/24/2023 at 3:11 AM, boes said:

He seemed to, since Kate told hiim when she was talking to him, trying to keep him from killing her.  At that point, he was still so programmed by Megan he didn't seem to either register it, or care, not sure which.  I suspect that will change now that he's trying to break free of Megan's control.

I watch the show for John/Marlena/Deidre/Drake but I'm very curious what's happened to Kate in all this.  Also wondering why Roman hasn't gone looking for his wife (Kate)????

• Like 3
7 hours ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

I watch the show for John/Marlena/Deidre/Drake but I'm very curious what's happened to Kate in all this.  Also wondering why Roman hasn't gone looking for his wife (Kate)????

John and Steve aren't looking for their wives - they're looking for Megan.  Roman doesn't think Kate is alive.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

John and Steve aren't looking for their wives - they're looking for Megan.  Roman doesn't think Kate is alive.

Good point...I'm slipping.  Roman, John and Steve still think all 3 are dead.  Can Monday get here any faster?

• LOL 3
Just now, tribeca said:

All this talk of Nicole’s secret’s made me wonder what was the best secret a character kept?   

Before my time but Mike Horton's paternity was a secret for years until Bill found out

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Susan never told anyone she was impersonating Kristen.

Vivian and Ivan (Yvon?) figured it out. I'm actually not sure when exactly Doc pieced it together (only after getting locked up in the Secret Room?). Laura never actually knew, even though she unmasked her. She was just trying to rough Kristen up.

Susan went out of her way not to spill the beans in therapy sessions with Marlena,  even though she was in obvious danger. Brave and thoughtful gal.

• Like 3
On 5/10/2023 at 4:39 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Susan never told anyone she was impersonating Kristen.

Vivian and Ivan (Yvon?) figured it out. I'm actually not sure when exactly Doc pieced it together (only after getting locked up in the Secret Room?). Laura never actually knew, even though she unmasked her. She was just trying to rough Kristen up.

Susan went out of her way not to spill the beans in therapy sessions with Marlena,  even though she was in obvious danger. Brave and thoughtful gal.

This is the Susan I wished they would get back too ( I personally think Susan is alive). As kooky as Susan is, she was always incredibly savvy and had great instincts about people. Truth be told whenever it was Susan vs Kristen, Susan always won and outsmarted Kristen. I think Stacy does try to infuse a bit of that in her performance,  I just wish the writing would support it more. 

• Like 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, JBC344 said:

This is the Susan I wished they would get back too ( I personally think Susan is alive). As kooky as Susan is, she was always incredibly savvy and had great instincts about people. Truth be told whenever it was Susan vs Kristen, Susan always won and outsmarted Kristen. I think Stacy does try to infuse a bit of that in her performance,  I just wish the writing would support it more. 

YES! 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Ron thinks she's all weird quirks and horrific sweaters and pj pants and apparently psychic powers too. 🙄

Susan has proved formidable, especially in escaping the sex island right at the end of her '90s storyline. 

(Whoops - the rest was meant for the Current Episode Thread ☺)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I was watching clips of Sandra Ferguson's (aka Sandra Robinson's) time on DOOL as Dr Charlotte Taylor, and was surprised she was on so few episodes. As a veteran of Another World, she was a good "get" for DOOL, but her arc as an evil psychiatrist messing with RoboJohn's memories seemed really short, just 16 or so episodes, followed immediately by Marlena and John's departure from the series (firing, right?)

So...did they hire her intending for her to have a longer arc and be on the show several months, and then abruptly fired their two biggest stars to save money, ending her arc prematurely....? Because the wrap-up was pretty weak. She basically lies about John recovering his memories in hypnotherapy with her, then has a confrontation with Marlena and tries to stab her with a syringe.

Maybe Marlena and John's departure was planned weeks and weeks ahead of time but it just feels like the axe dropped suddenly. This was in 2009. Anyone remember?

• Useful 1
52 minutes ago, tribeca said:

How many miscarriages did Nicole have and who were the fathers ?

She had two. Both were when she was married to EJ. The first miscarriage lead to the Sydney kidnapping storyline.  The 2nd one was when EJ/Sami had an affair. Nicole discovered she was pregnant right after the reveal. This is when her and Rafe teamed up and became friends as the jilted spouses at the time.

Chloe was a surrogate for Nicole and Daniel, she birthed Holly. 

• Useful 3