Type keyword(s) to search

Got Questions?: We've Got Answers!

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, bannana said:

Thanks @nilyank and @QueenSerena. 

This whole time I thought Sidney was Johnny's twin!  Thanks for clearing that up.

Sidney is the baby that Nicole stole and replaced with Chad and Mia's baby, whom Sami named Grace.  But Grace died, and it was only later that Sami found out that Sidney had been taken by Nicole.

Ariana is named Ariana Grace in honor of Will's dead "baby sister".  And he asked Chad if it would be all right with him that they named her that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same here! I have no idea why I always thought that, but I'm glad someone else did too lol.

The actors that played Johnny were so much shorter than the actresses playing Allie. Meanwhile the Sidneys in the two years on the show see closer to height to the Johnnys. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, nilyank said:

The actors that played Johnny were so much shorter than the actresses playing Allie. Meanwhile the Sidneys in the two years on the show see closer to height to the Johnnys. 

That's exactly what got me at first, lmao. It wasn't until Johnny's "disappearance" at the pub (there was a line about twins' connections in general) that I realized he and Allie were the actual twins.

• Love 1

Those young actors who played Johnny and Allie were always great but there was a huge height difference with Allie always towering over Johnny.  I think TPTB tried to incorporate it a little with Allie being in the "oldest/big sister/protector" role.  I remember that being a thing when Johnny had his eye patch and was being bullied, Allie was his protector.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Those young actors who played Johnny and Allie were always great but there was a huge height difference with Allie always towering over Johnny.  I think TPTB tried to incorporate it a little with Allie being in the "oldest/big sister/protector" role.  I remember that being a thing when Johnny had his eye patch and was being bullied, Allie was his protector.

The girls just had a growth spurt that the boys never caught up. Around the eye surgery, they were all still close in size but by the time that EJ and Sami finally got together in 2013, the girls were so much taller despite being around te same age as the boys.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, FrankOFoley said:

Is the character of Valerie Grant (Vanessa A. Williams) leaving?

Vanessa is making a movie.  I read that she's coming back, but I also read that she's only coming back to say goodbye permanently.  So who knows?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Vanessa is making a movie.  I read that she's coming back, but I also read that she's only coming back to say goodbye permanently.  So who knows?

Her career has made a comeback since she came on the soap. She was in an interview not too long ago, promoting several projects. She looked beautiful and that gorgeous hair is to die for. It has grown a lot and it is luminous.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Her career has made a comeback since she came on the soap. She was in an interview not too long ago, promoting several projects. She looked beautiful and that gorgeous hair is to die for. It has grown a lot and it is luminous.

She also has the best posture 😀

• Love 2

Can someone recap the Brady/Nicole/Eric triangle for me? I got the gist from yesterday’s episode, but would like to know the timeline of when she was with Brady to when she was with Eric to when she died. 

Nicole and Eric weren't together since 2016, I believe, when Xander locked them together in a furnace and they thought they were going to die. After that they sort of mutually agreed that Nicole had moved on with Daniel....but Eric began drinking.

She and Daniel were engaged but he died on New Year's Eve, when a drunk and depressed Eric got into a multi-car crash with Brady and Jennifer. In the aftermath of that, Nicole vowed that she hated Eric for killing her beloved Daniel and he was sent away to prison.

By 2017, Nicole and Brady had become very close. She was involved with Deimos, which was a very bad thing, and she was on the run from Chloe in order to raise Holly by herself. Brady, the moron that he is, thought he could live with Nicole anonymously in Canada and they could raise Holly and Tate together. Xander ended up finding them, shooting Brady and bringing Nicole and her baby to an island in Greece, where Deimos had intended to make a daring rescue and seem like her knight in shining armor and win her back again, even though he had orchestrated the whole thing with Xander's help.

Eric was released from prison a few months earlier and was very reluctant to get involved in Nicole's life, even though he was writing her apology/love letters that he never mailed. When Brady wound up at the hospital with gunshot wounds, he begged Eric to please help find Nicole. Eric flew to Greece and rescued Nicole and Holly, even though she still professed to hate his guts.

As part of her punishment for having kidnapped her own daughter and run away to Canada, Nicole was ordered to do community service at the Horton Center, which Eric was running. Working closely together, she began to soften towards him and Brady began to suspect they were having an affair. She swore up and down that they weren't but eventually found Eric's letters to her and broke down and forgave him. They were basically becoming an item again but things took an unexpected turn. Deimos drugged a bunch of people at a party including Nicole and threatened to run away with her daughter Holly as punishment for her rejection of him. Nicole snapped and killed him while under the influence, and when she finally realized she had done it she confessed it to Brady. He recorded her confession in secret.

After weeks of nagging and accusations of infidelity from Brady, Nicole found her way to Eric's doorstep. He had left town again to avoid breaking her up from Brady because he knew he was too in love with her to stick around without it causing drama. She admitted the same and they got it on hardcore. The next day, Nicole intended to tell Brady they were through because she had to be with Eric....but Brady pulled a fast one on her and threatened to give his recording of her confession to the police and effectively send her to prison for killing Deimos...unless she agreed to stay away from Eric and leave town and raise her daughter somewhere else. Nicole returned to Eric, told him it was just a fling and she didn't love him after all and then left Salem with Holly, vowing to return. That was Fall 2017. Eric knew none of this until Jennifer finally told him the details this fall, which sent him on his hunt to reunite with Nicole.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Abigail has been doing this for years, messing with people's lives, starting with Austin, a man who gave her his bone marrow to save her life. She nearly destroyed his career and his marriage to Carrie.  

Can you briefly recap this for me? I feel like I've heard about it before but I don't know the details.

• Love 2

I vaguely remember Austin giving her the bone marrow so maybe some else can fill in those blanks. This was when Abigail was a baby/toddler I believe, so the early 90's. 

As far as Abigail messing with his marriage to Carrie.  This was when Austin and Carrie came back to Salem a few years ago.  Austin I believe was teaching and Abigail took one of his classes.  Abby became fixated on Austin.  I believe he was drinking with Abigail one night and "blacked out".  Abby manipulated the situation and made it seem like she and Austin had slept together when they hadn't.  She tried to use their "one night stand" as a way to get close to Austin and steal him away from Carrie.  When Carrie found out that Austin "slept" with Abby it sort of gave her permission to give into her feelings for Rafe, whom she was getting close to at the time. 

When the lie was revealed Abby sort of got away unscathed outside of Carrie slapping her . Carrie and Austin found out they were pregnant with Noah, re-committed to one another and left town.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I vaguely remember Austin giving her the bone marrow so maybe some else can fill in those blanks. This was when Abigail was a baby/toddler I believe, so the early 90's. 

As far as Abigail messing with his marriage to Carrie.  This was when Austin and Carrie came back to Salem a few years ago.  Austin I believe was teaching and Abigail took one of his classes.  Abby became fixated on Austin.  I believe he was drinking with Abigail one night and "blacked out".  Abby manipulated the situation and made it seem like she and Austin had slept together when they hadn't.  She tried to use their "one night stand" as a way to get close to Austin and steal him away from Carrie.  When Carrie found out that Austin "slept" with Abby it sort of gave her permission to give into her feelings for Rafe, whom she was getting close to at the time. 

When the lie was revealed Abby sort of got away unscathed outside of Carrie slapping her . Carrie and Austin found out they were pregnant with Noah, re-committed to one another and left town.

Abigail had aplastic anemia as a baby and Austin gave her his bone marrow that saved her life. Also, Jack also abandoned Jennifer and Abigail at this time, believing that his past misdeeds were coming back to haunt him via Abigail's illness. 

• Love 2

Thanks for the history - I never knew any of that stuff, except in broad strokes.

Here's my question - why the hell doesn't Kate own a home? I get that she lived in the DiMansion while married to Stefano, and has moved back for Chad's sake and while married to Andre...but this woman has run several major business enterprises throughout the years and has $$$. Do you mean to tell me she keeps her belongings in a storage unit and happily lives out of a one room suite at the Salem Inn?

Not buying it.

I realize the budget isn't there, but of all the characters currently on the show in need of their own dwellings (Kayla, Hope, Lani, Chad, etc, etc, etc) the one person who doesn't seem to have ever owned a house appropriate for their lifestyle is Kate.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Thanks for the history - I never knew any of that stuff, except in broad strokes.

Here's my question - why the hell doesn't Kate own a home? I get that she lived in the DiMansion while married to Stefano, and has moved back for Chad's sake and while married to Andre...but this woman has run several major business enterprises throughout the years and has $$$. Do you mean to tell me she keeps her belongings in a storage unit and happily lives out of a one room suite at the Salem Inn?

Not buying it.

I realize the budget isn't there, but of all the characters currently on the show in need of their own dwellings (Kayla, Hope, Lani, Chad, etc, etc, etc) the one person who doesn't seem to have ever owned a house appropriate for their lifestyle is Kate.

Didn't Kate own the Martin House, currently owned by Eli, for a short while?  Isn't that where Ben's father tried to kill her?  Or somebody try to kill her?

• Love 1

You remember correctly. She bought up the Martin house after someone else owned it (Doug and Julie, I think, and then they bought it back after as a gift for Eli? Something like that), but....really? Kate ruling the Martin House? From what we've seen of the place, it's got a lot of rooms with really dark furniture and wallpaper. It's dowdy and out-dated. Kate should have some beautiful classic soap diva house in Salem. She's waaaay too styled and polished to just live wherever happens to be available between relationships.

When was the last time Kate had a home home?

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

You remember correctly. She bought up the Martin house after someone else owned it (Doug and Julie, I think, and then they bought it back after as a gift for Eli? Something like that), but....really? Kate ruling the Martin House? From what we've seen of the place, it's got a lot of rooms with really dark furniture and wallpaper. It's dowdy and out-dated. Kate should have some beautiful classic soap diva house in Salem. She's waaaay too styled and polished to just live wherever happens to be available between relationships.

When was the last time Kate had a home home?

Kate hasn't had a proper home since she was played by Deborah Adair.  It never made any sense why they never invested in a house set for Kate.  I thought they were finally changing that with the Martin house, but that didn't last. At this point just drag out Marlena's old penthouse set, which is a favorite of mine, and give it to Kate. Or have her buy the Salem Inn so it makes sense that she lives there. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Kate hasn't had a proper home since she was played by Deborah Adair.  It never made any sense why they never invested in a house set for Kate.  I thought they were finally changing that with the Martin house, but that didn't last. At this point just drag out Marlena's old penthouse set, which is a favorite of mine, and give it to Kate. Or have her buy the Salem Inn so it makes sense that she lives there. 

I too love Marlena's old penthouse set, but, I heard that they broke it apart to make other sets with it. That set was big and luxurious befitting a doctor like Marlena.  

• Love 3

I think you guys are referring to two different sets - her penthouse, from the 90s, with the stairs leading to a second floor...and her current townhouse set, with its gold wallpaper and accessories. I liked both sets.

It'll be interesting to see where Kate goes once Chad leaves the show. He's been her excuse to keep living at the DiMansion all this time. And with Lucas, Billie and Philip gone too, she's got no kids around to anchor her. It'll be the ideal time to give her a proper home from which to conduct her business affairs and schemes. I mean...with no home, and no kids, and no love interest, Kate's not exactly on steady ground here.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think you guys are referring to two different sets - her penthouse, from the 90s, with the stairs leading to a second floor...and her current townhouse set, with its gold wallpaper and accessories. I liked both sets.

It'll be interesting to see where Kate goes once Chad leaves the show. He's been her excuse to keep living at the DiMansion all this time. And with Lucas, Billie and Philip gone too, she's got no kids around to anchor her. It'll be the ideal time to give her a proper home from which to conduct her business affairs and schemes. I mean...with no home, and no kids, and no love interest, Kate's not exactly on steady ground here.

Spoiler

She's got Rex.  He's back in Salem in January.

Edited by boes
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The late 90's set is what we are talking about. Not her current set that was used for Victor and Maggie when Deimos kicked them out of the Kiriakis Mansion.  It was also used for Theresa and Brady. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

How did Lucas leave Salem? 

Lucas just left for "Italy" to be with Ali, who he suspects of becoming an alcoholic. I presume he flew there (from "Salem International").

22 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Where are Shane and Kim?  Do they still live in LA??

Kim and Shane are still in LA. Kim has cancer, and (Jeannie) Teresa and Tate are there with them.

• Love 3

Was Sarah De-SORASed? The character was already off the canvas when I started watching back in the early 00’s, but based on the story I read here about her climbing into bed with her father to set him up, I assume she was an adult when she left. It seems like she should be quite a bit older than Rex, Chloe, Brady. 

I know ages on soaps are fluid, but you don’t often see it go the other way. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dlyn said:

Was Sarah De-SORASed? The character was already off the canvas when I started watching back in the early 00’s, but based on the story I read here about her climbing into bed with her father to set him up, I assume she was an adult when she left. It seems like she should be quite a bit older than Rex, Chloe, Brady. 

I know ages on soaps are fluid, but you don’t often see it go the other way. 

Yes, she was deSORASed...after being drastically SORASed in the first place. She was born on the show in 1981. By the time she went after Neil Curtis around 1990 (making this whole business of acknowledging him as her father ridiculous now! Mickey Horton, for intents and purposes, was her father and the one she loved!), she was a young adult and soon left town to live with big sister Melissa in Tennessee (whom was also briefly recast with Camilla Scott - who was involved with Emilio Ramirez before she left. Since her subsequent visits, a la Alice's funeral, Lisa Trusel [original Melissa] reprised the role.

Lindsy Godfrey, the current actress in the role, was born around 1988, so she is now seven years YOUNGER than Sarah's official TV birth year.

But besides considering Mickey her father (before the retcon), so did her cousin, Dr. Mike Horton, who went through the same SORAS to deSORAS affliction. LOL! Must run in the Horton family. At least Mickey's branch!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yes, she was deSORASed...after being drastically SORASed in the first place. She was born on the show in 1981. By the time she went after Neil Curtis around 1990 (making this whole business of acknowledging him as her father ridiculous now! Mickey Horton, for intents and purposes, was her father and the one she loved!), she was a young adult and soon left town to live with big sister Melissa in Tennessee (whom was also briefly recast with Camilla Scott - who was involved with Emilio Ramirez before she left. Since her subsequent visits, a la Alice's funeral, Lisa Trusel [original Melissa] reprised the role.

Lindsy Godfrey, the current actress in the role, was born around 1988, so she is now seven years YOUNGER than Sarah's official TV birth year.

But besides considering Mickey her father (before the retcon), so did her cousin, Dr. Mike Horton, who went through the same SORAS to deSORAS affliction. LOL! Must run in the Horton family. At least Mickey's branch!

Lindsey Godfrey should have been cast as Stefanie Johnson, Melissa Archer should have been Sarah Horton and Vincent Irrizarry should have been David Banning, Julie's son and not the insipid Deimos.   He would have been a male Horton and I bet he and Vanessa Williams would be hot as David and Valerie reconnecting their once taboo love.  Not to mention, David and Eli bonding as father and son.  If baby David had lived with David getting a chance to see his grandson grow up in a way, he could not with Eli...So much missed possibilities.. The show sucks in the casting department and in not utilizing their rich history for stories.

I always loved the fact that Mickey being sterile did not preclude him from being a father to Sarah, Mike and Melissa.  There are many different ways a person can be a parent if that is what  he or she desires. Mickey's sterility proving that he was not Mike's father was classic Bill Bell masterful storytelling. Daytime lost a titan when he passed away..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
On 12/27/2018 at 1:41 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Wow - VI as David would have been awesome!

I'm not so sure. VI is a good actor. But depending on the writing, his characters are very hit or miss. On Guiding Light and All My Children, he tended to be great. But on Santa Barbara and Young and the Restless? He sunk like a stone, and I think Deimos here was the latter, too. So his odds would still be 50/50.

• Love 2

This may be more of a statement than a real question, but as great as Casey Moss is as JJ one thing that has always bothered me is that JJ was never played by a British actor.  JJ grew up in London and didn't come back to the States until he was what 17 yrs old. 

Rightfully they should of pulled an "EJ" and cast a British actor.  Casey really is great in the roll so it's more of a minor nitpick but still.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

This may be more of a statement than a real question, but as great as Casey Moss is as JJ one thing that has always bothered me is that JJ was never played by a British actor.  JJ grew up in London and didn't come back to the States until he was what 17 yrs old. 

Rightfully they should of pulled an "EJ" and cast a British actor.  Casey really is great in the roll so it's more of a minor nitpick but still.

JJ did not grow up in London, he only went to boarding school there.  The fans called foul on that anyway, Jack and Jennifer hated boarding school and spoke often about their loneliness and missing their family.  They were both rich kids who did not have their fathers' undivided attention and they would  try to find ways to get it, to no avail..  

Theresa should have a British accent more than JJ, given that her father is  British. She and her older brother spent time in England with their dad all the time. 

Edited by Apprentice79
35 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why were Jack and Jen divorced when he 'died?'

I think it was because she believed that Jack had abandoned her once again.  If the show did not kill off Jack, they made him into an irresponsible deadbeat.  I could be wrong about the reason for their last divorce because I was so angry over Jennifer's nasty treatment of Jack due to the tan man..  Jennifer was so dead to me. I have hated her ever since. Not to mention, the actress was very condescending to the Jack and Jennifer fans about Dannifer being the future, Jack is the past and we should get over it.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

JJ did not grow up in London, he only went to boarding school there.  The fans called foul on that anyway, Jack and Jennifer hated boarding school and spoke often about their loneliness and missing their family.  They were both rich kids who did not have their fathers' undivided attention and they would  try to find ways to get it, to no avail..  

Theresa should have a British accent more than JJ, given that her father is  British. She and her older brother spent time in England with their dad all the time. 

Huh?

When Jack and Jennifer left the show with toddler JJ, they moved to London. When Jennifer came back to Salem without JJ years later, the excuse was that he was in boarding school in England.

Casey Moss was cast as 17yr old JJ and returned to Salem. When he showed up in Salem one would expect that he would have a British accent. Using Andrew Garfield as an example.

Outside of the age difference it is the same trajectory as EJ. No one was surprised that EJ had a British accent. 

22 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Huh?

When Jack and Jennifer left the show with toddler JJ, they moved to London. When Jennifer came back to Salem without JJ years later, the excuse was that he was in boarding school in England.

Casey Moss was cast as 17yr old JJ and returned to Salem. When he showed up in Salem one would expect that he would have a British accent. Using Andrew Garfield as an example.

Outside of the age difference it is the same trajectory as EJ. No one was surprised that EJ had a British accent. 

They also lived in other countries because of their careers.  Plus, if you go to an American run school overseas, you are going to sound like an American.

Edited by Apprentice79
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They also lived in other countries because of their careers.  

Really,  I must of missed that. All the references I remember were always London. J&J moved there to run the London paper. They were still there when Billie had her horrible car accident because Kate was communicating with them about Billie's status until Chelsea left.

Even when Jennifer returned it was from London. Before JJ came to Salem Doug and Julie mentioned visiting him for the holidays while in London.

In fact I remember thinking that JJ may not know anyone from Salem but at least he got to grow up knowing Billie, Max, and Chelsea.

Regardless, wherever he grew up I'm sure it wasn't around a bunch of Americans who sound like there from Salem. 

I just always thought it was an interesting choice not to go with someone with a British accent. 

15 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Really,  I must of missed that. All the references I remember were always London. J&J moved there to run the London paper. They were still there when Billie had her horrible car accident because Kate was communicating with them about Billie's status until Chelsea left.

Even when Jennifer returned it was from London. Before JJ came to Salem Doug and Julie mentioned visiting him for the holidays while in London.

In fact I remember thinking that JJ may not know anyone from Salem but at least he got to grow up knowing Billie, Max, and Chelsea.

Regardless, wherever he grew up I'm sure it wasn't around a bunch of Americans who sound like there from Salem. 

I just always thought it was an interesting choice not to go with someone with a British accent. 

You can be base in London and still go back and forth to the states.  Lots of Europeans, especially, the youth want to sound American when they speak English. It is possible that Jack and Jennifer put him in an American school in London, so he can be connected to Americans culturally.  In the event, they moved back to the states, he would be able to assimilate to his native land. Abigail and JJ knew Adrienne's four sons who lived in Texas.  Abigail said that she used to play with her cousins.  Remember when Wilson met, they both said that they had heard of each other through Abigail.  Will called Sonny Jackson and Sonny said that he went by Sonny. JJ also knew Sonny when he came to town. 

I don't think the show even cares about accents and things that we the audience care about.  They put no effort in it and it shows. Look at how we had a discussion about JJ's accent, lol. I doubt the writers who brought JJ back to town even discussed it...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2