Type keyword(s) to search

Got Questions?: We've Got Answers!

• Start Topic

Did Brady ever apologize to Eric for beating him up and accusing him of sleeping with Kristen deliberately?

I mean, the poor guy was saying to the entire congregation that he was raped and Brady didn't even take a moment to try and believe him before the fists went flying. And then he came back to the church about an hour later to continue to kick the crap out of Eric. Did we ever get to see Brady process how horrendous his behavior was in light what Eric had suffered through? Every aspect of Eric's life was ruined by being raped by Kristen.

I would like to think that Brady went back to him on bended knee to beg his forgiveness but I wasn't really watching much after Kristen left the show in late 2013....

• Love 3

I believe there was a scene where Brady did apologize to Eric, but I think it came pretty "late" after the Kristen reveal.  I remember when it happened the consensus seemed to be "it's about time".

Just now, tribeca said:

I took a break from the show and some characters are missing.   Could someone tell me what happened to Ciara, Caroline and Philip?

Ciara left town after she found out that Theo basically hired a guy to court her.  The actress was awful and got fired.

Caroline is out of town ,visiting Kim in LA. The actress had surgery in real life and is recuperating. Plus, she is elderly.

Philip left town as well. I forgot why, but, the actor sucked as well. 

• Love 1

Thanks @Apprentice79

i loved Caroline and was worried about her health.  Ciara is Hopes daughter so I figured she would be back.  

I thought Phillip was fine actor and liked his friendship with Chloe.  

Everyone seemed to hate him though LOL   

Sometimes it's lonely being the only who likes a character.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Thanks @Apprentice79

i loved Caroline and was worried about her health.  Ciara is Hopes daughter so I figured she would be back.  

I got spoiled by Jay's version of Philip.  He was so awesome, he was everything that I expected a child of Kate and Victor to be...It irritates me that Brady and Sonny are running Titan. That is Philip's legacy.  Alex Kiriakis should challenge him for the throne pitting Justin and Victor against each other..

You like what you like. We all have our likes and dislikes..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Thanks @Apprentice79

I hear that Ciara has been recast, so I think you are right and she'll be back, but I don't know for certain.

I agree with you that the most recent version of Phillip was fine.  A little over-tanned, maybe, but fine.  I don't think he was on the show long enough to be given a chance.

14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Philip left town as well. I forgot why, but, the actor sucked as well. 

He got in a huge argument with Victor, who basically disowned him.  Then I think Victor was trying to apologize but Phillip wasn't having it and left.  I think he's currently in Chicago?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I hear that Ciara has been recast, so I think you are right and she'll be back, but I don't know for certain.

I agree with you that the most recent version of Phillip was fine.  A little over-tanned, maybe, but fine.  I don't think he was on the show long enough to be given a chance.

He got in a huge argument with Victor, who basically disowned him.  Then I think Victor was trying to apologize but Phillip wasn't having it and left.  I think he's currently in Chicago?

Now, I remember, Victor treating him like crap was so out of character.  Philip is his baby boy, the only child, that he got to raise from birth to adulthood.. Victor and Kate wanted him because he was their last chance of having a family.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Who or what is Melaswen?

A place where they brought back characters who had recently been killed off.  Fans revolted, and they used this storyline to bring them back.

• Love 1

More detail about Melaswen (New Salem, spelled backwards).  A former iteration of the producers were trying to trim salaries so they killed off a lot of the old fan favorites.  When the fans rebelled, the writers decided all of those characters hadn't really died, but had been taken off to an island called Melaswen.

11 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Who or what is Melaswen?

Some of the videos are still out there, but few and far between.

I found this blog entry from some fan site, which summarizes much of what happened:

https://whathappensinsalem.wordpress.com/2014/08/06/wtf-wednesday-the-salem-stalkermelaswen/

It was glorious fun.

The murders:

DOOL actually had a red-carpet "movie" premiere-like event in Hollywood to showcase Maggie's murder.

After Marlena "dies", the next scene is her wandering in the outdoor Salem Place set.  That's where she sees Alice Horton, seated calmly on a bench, telling her that everything is fine.

• Love 2

Last night watched a bunch of old clips.   The storyline was the Colleen/Santos one.   Lots of clips building up to finding out about the forbidden love/feud but the clips stop before you find out what happened to Colleen.   

This is from She Knows Soaps:

http://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/characters/colleen-brady-current

Colleen Brady is the older sister of Shawn Brady Sr. She was a novice at the Irish Church, where she met Santo DiMera, a traveling salesman from Italy. Santo was accidentally hit on the head by a pub owner and brought to Colleen, at the Irish Church. Colleen nursed his wound and the two became attracted to one another.

Stefano DiMera claims that Shawn Brady Sr. killed Colleen, and Shawn has said the same of Stefano. Her death is said to have started the Brady/DiMera feud.

It turns out that Colleen is not dead. She is being hunted by Stefano who wants her dead. She resides in New Ross, Ireland and is found there by Bo, Hope, Marlena, John, Belle, Shawn, Philip and Chloe.

When everyone questioned her, Colleen revealed the source of the Brady/DiMera feud. She had faked her own death and went into hiding because she felt ashamed of her affair with Santo. She has been hiding from Stefano and had Claire kidnapped for her own safety. Colleen revealed that John Black is her son with Santo DiMera, making John Stefano's half-brother.

Colleen and her brother Shawn Sr. had some time to catch up, but Colleen confessed that she was terminally ill and died shortly after with her family around her.

Of course, it came out that John isn't really Santo and Colleen's son, so they could hook Theresa and Brady up.

• Love 1

Colleen revealed the source of the Brady/DiMera feud. She had faked her own death and went into hiding because she felt ashamed of her affair with Santo. She has been hiding from Stefano and had Claire kidnapped for her own safety. Colleen revealed that John Black is her son with Santo DiMera, making John Stefano's half-brother.

And they undid this reveal in the last few years by having John make an off-handed remark about having received a letter from Colleen stating that she wasn't actually his mother after all? I'm trying to remember that scene now but it barely registered when I first watched it because I didn't understand that this Colleen/Santo thing had been a major storyline for the show.

What's the whole thing handwaved away as simply as that?

• Love 1
On 8/22/2017 at 1:59 PM, DisneyBoy said:

And they undid this reveal in the last few years by having John make an off-handed remark about having received a letter from Colleen stating that she wasn't actually his mother after all? I'm trying to remember that scene now but it barely registered when I first watched it because I didn't understand that this Colleen/Santo thing had been a major storyline for the show.

What's the whole thing handwaved away as simply as that?

Unfortunately yes. Two seconds after Theresa showed up TPTB had Hope deliver a message to Brady from John confirming that he wasn't Colleen's son. 

Ten seconds later Brady and Theresa meet. A year and a half storyline that was unnecessary in the first place undone with one line of dialog. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Unfortunately yes. Two seconds after Theresa showed up TPTB had Hope deliver a message to Brady from John confirming that he wasn't Colleen's son. 

Ten seconds later Brady and Theresa meet. A year and a half storyline that was unnecessary in the first place undone with one line of dialog. 

Plus, Brady and Theresa were not worth undoing that.  This show has set couples, instead of testing characters and see who fits with whom. Most of the supercouples on this show were wonderful accidents. Kim/Shane, Jack/Jennifer and even Justin/Adrienne were not planned, but, the show followed the chemistry and the rest is history. I preferred John being Daphne Dimera's son or the show could have made him be Roman after all. That Wayne's Roman was the impostor with Roman's old face..lol I could see Stefano pulling that kind of stunt.   Imagine the world of confusion and pain that Sami would have experienced, knowing that she hurt her family for no reason.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, Brady and Theresa were not worth undoing that.  This show has set couples, instead of testing characters and see who fits with whom. Most of the supercouples on this show were wonderful accidents. Kim/Shane, Jack/Jennifer and even Justin/Adrienne were not planned, but, the show followed the chemistry and the rest is history. I preferred John being Daphne Dimera's son or the show could have made him be Roman after all. That Wayne's Roman was the impostor with Roman's old face..lol I could see Stefano pulling that kind of stunt.   Imagine the world of confusion and pain that Sami would have experienced, knowing that she hurt her family for no reason.. 

I would of much preferred if Brady and Theresa became best friends/cousins. I could see them bonding over their addictions and family issues while remaining platonic. Brady's only endearing quality has been his female friendships; Chloe, Jennifer, Nicole. 

But alas Days doesn't believe in male/female friendships like they used to. 

• Love 1

John has had 15 zillion back stories now with too much water under the bridge to be Roman Brady. (Especially since his son would be Brady Brady.) But the whole de-Bradying of Drake Hogestyn's character was a waste, IMO, since Wayne Northrop left again, anyway. (Then returned as an unknown other hubby of Marlena's that made zero sense considering her history with Don Craig and their dead baby, etc.)

So, in that sense, I agree that - in the long run - Northrop should have been a "fake" Roman with Roman's old face. (God bless soaps!) Hogestyn is no Olivier, but the audience had accepted his version of Roman. So why play with that?

On the other hand, though, if the above happened, the show probably would have wrecked John/Isabella in a less than great fashion (as I think their story was really well done) to service John/Marlena, etc.

So maybe things happened as they were meant to.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Plus if RoJohn was never John, not only would Isabella have had a different track but Kristen as well....and that would have altered everything!

I would have had no problem sacrificing Kristen for Isabella. JER was the one that put Kristen in the middle of John and Marlena. Sherry would not have done that. There was so much conflict between John/Marlena/Roman. Kristen was superfluous and I resented her presence. 

6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

On the other hand, though, if the above happened, the show probably would have wrecked John/Isabella in a less than great fashion (as I think their story was really well done) to service John/Marlena, etc.

Sherry said that the affair was going to happen between John and Marlena. Their epic reunion on the pier foreshadowed that.  So even if John had remained Roman, it would not have altered his romance with Isabella.  I am sure that Sherry would have used her death as an obstacle for them reuniting with a couple of other obstacles, to give the fans a ride. Not to mention, Marlena's missing years would have played a large role in creating conflict for them.  Sherry never relied heavily on triangles to give a couple conflict.  Neither Megan nor Larry were ever a real threat to Bo and Hope's love, their purpose was to exacerbate the conflict that already existed between them.   Brady  would have had another name. I could see Roman naming him after Bo.  Brady Brady would be ridiculous. If Isabella did not die, I could see Victor scheming to keep Roman and Marlena apart. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

I gave up years ago trying to figure out the Roman/John crap. I am so confused on who the hell John is. LOL

John is confused, too.

I did laugh that Hattie knew to tell the sanatorium people about Robicheau.

• Love 3

Not long ago Victor blamed Chloe for Brady being an addict.   What's up with that?

i don't understand why this Nicole situation is pushing him.  He will have a new lady 2 minutes after they break up.   

Has Brady ever been single for more than 5 minutes?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, tribeca said:

Not long ago Victor blamed Chloe for Brady being an addict.   What's up with that?

i don't understand why this Nicole situation is pushing him.  He will have a new lady 2 minutes after they break up.   

Has Brady ever been single for more than 5 minutes?

No, Brady goes for one woman to the next proclaiming his undying love. 

Brady and Chloe got married and lived in Europe, for a couple of years. Apparently Chloe was too busy to stroke Brady's need for constant attention.  So, he got into drugs out of boredom. So, Victor, being the misogynist, that, he is blamed Chloe for Brady's illness. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I remember a scene after the reveal where there were a few people outside (cannot remember exactly who all was there) but Lucas and Jennifer were there. Jennifer told Lucas that she wasn't sure what all the Horton family could offer him. I'm assuming she meant something along the lines of support, compassion, or acceptance. 

• Love 1

I don't remember the reveal per se but I do know that Lucas was paired more with Alice during those years and eventually Maggie as the dominant Hortons that he had a relationship with.  The whole Jennifer/Lucas sibling relationship that we have now is more "new" in the last several years than it was when his paternity came out. 

Some of that is the fact that Jennifer and Lucas have both been on and off the show interchangeably, also TPTB always focused on Lucas's siblings through Kate more than Bill.  Lucas and Austin weren't terribly close considering but I would say that Billie was the dominant close sibling in Lucas's life.  Since she has been gone that has shifted over to Jennifer.

One of the nice things over the last few years have been the sibling scenes of Jennifer and Lucas. Mike has always been sort of a non factor in the conversation even during the Mike/Carrie relationship when the impact would make the most sense but I think since the show had done that sibling rivalry with Lucas and Austin it didn't make sense to do it again with Mike now that he was with Carrie.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, JBC344 said:

I don't remember the reveal per se but I do know that Lucas was paired more with Alice during those years and eventually Maggie as the dominant Hortons that he had a relationship with.  The whole Jennifer/Lucas sibling relationship that we have now is more "new" in the last several years than it was when his paternity came out. 

Some of that is the fact that Jennifer and Lucas have both been on and off the show interchangeably, also TPTB always focused on Lucas's siblings through Kate more than Bill.  Lucas and Austin weren't terribly close considering but I would say that Billie was the dominant close sibling in Lucas's life.  Since she has been gone that has shifted over to Jennifer.

One of the nice things over the last few years have been the sibling scenes of Jennifer and Lucas. Mike has always been sort of a non factor in the conversation even during the Mike/Carrie relationship when the impact would make the most sense but I think since the show had done that sibling rivalry with Lucas and Austin it didn't make sense to do it again with Mike now that he was with Carrie.

I also wanted to add that Mike and Jennifer were super close. I remember him being against her romance with Jack.. Mike is another legacy character that should have been a part of the show's fabric, throughout the years. I hated his romance with Carrie.  What is it with Marlena's kids that date people that used to interact with them as kids. You had Brady/Kristen, Mike/Carrie and Jennifer/Eric..

I know that I must be the only one who feels this way, but, I never liked Lucas being made into Horton. I think that has limited his pairings with other women on the show.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Like so many things DOOL-related, making Lucas a Horton was a good start, but the show failed to really follow through very effectively.  I don't see that it limited his romantic options. After all, Salem hasn't really been populated with available Horton ingenues.  I think there are a zillion factors, not the least of which was the actor himself.  He has a vocal fanbase, but for whatever reason, the near-endless parade of DOOL headwriters over the past couple decades have opted to not feature him in an ongoing storyline.

I still recall a few online messageboards where for awhile BD was known as Shouty McYellerson, due to his "acting" choices.  Surely part of that was storyline driven.  Sublety was never Lucas Roberts Horton's strong point.  He excelled at devious, whether paired up with MamaKate, SamanthaGene, or even NurseLynn.  And while I have no doubt that Alison Sweeney loved loved loved the actor, she and the producers knew there was more "sizzle" with Elvis.  And even Rafe.  That sorta left Lucas the odd one out.  I never really bought into his momentary crush with unknown-sister Cassie, and as it was, she was not long for Salem anyway.  And Chloe seemed so out of his league.  She is another character that the show has not known what to do with, for nearly as long.

Lucas and Adrienne could have worked, had it been structured and shown differently.  Apparently much of their "romance" ended up on the cutting room floor for much of 2016, so that left everything disjointed.  Plus, the actors don't seem to have much chemistry.

At this point, I'm not sure there is a way to re-structure the Horton Family as the lead family in Salem.  I suppose Hope Williams Welch Brady Hernandez is treated as the Lead Horton these days.  Alice's other grandchildren --- Jennifer, Lucas, and Julie --- are clearly supporting roles.  The subsequent generation (Abby/JJ/Will?/Eli/Ciara) seem rather aimless.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Philip and Melanie married?!

Yes, don't remind us.  Chloe and Phillip had an affair that ended both marriages.  It was a very weird pairing from the beginning.  It originally was a triangle with Phillip, Melanie, and Nathan Horton (Melissa's son), that became a quad when Stefanie came into it. 

Despite the fact that Melanie is in the Phillip/Chloe/Shawn/Belle age range because the character was always so "child like" the relationship always came across as adult Phillip marrying a "silly teenager". Not a good pairing that did anything for either character.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ahhh. Okay. I randomly came across their wedding photo online and my eyes nearly bugged out of my head. It definitely seems like a huge age gap there...

Molly Burnett who played Melanie did a better job the last time she guest starred with Melanie being a little more mature, but yeah that was always a huge criticism of the character and actress.  Because she was always paired with Chad/Will/Gabi age group you would forget that she was substantially older than them.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Molly Burnett who played Melanie did a better job the last time she guest starred with Melanie being a little more mature, but yeah that was always a huge criticism of the character and actress.  Because she was always paired with Chad/Will/Gabi age group you would forget that she was substantially older than them.

Stefanie, a legacy character, was thrown under the bus for Melanie...They had every guy wanting Melanie and it was laughable because Stefanie was gorgeous while Melanie was a plain Jane. I am being generous here.. Plus, Stefanie got the Don Craig treatment, and never got an onscreen goodbye.  While Melanie had days and days of characters sobbing because she was leaving. Give me a fuk.....break... 

3 hours ago, tribeca said:

What was Maggie and Andriene relationship like before Bonnie took over ?

i don’t remember them having any scenes together.   Maggie really not loving fake Andriene right now ?

Maggie and Adrienne were friendly and on good terms.  I don't really remember them having a significant relationship but they never had an issue with one another. 

Really loved Bonnie's shade about Maggie talking about true love that Mickey must be rolling over in his grave.  As devious as Bonnie was she really did love her some Mickey Horton.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

When did Bonnie's obsession with getting Victor happen? I understand and "remember" her love of Mickey...but when/how is this Victor thing happening? Ew.

It is to spite and hurt Maggie. I don't understand Bonnie's endgame. If she wants money, she could easily get it from Justin.  She could even steal from him as well.  Bonnie as Adrienne making a play for Victor will expose her scam. Adrienne and Victor hate each other. They learned to co-exist because of Justin and her 4 sons. 

• Love 1

That part of the plot makes absolutely no sense.  Her end game should be to get as much money as possible and get out of Salem.  She is no way near as good as Hattie was at playing Marlena.  If her plan is to stay in town long term she should be trying to manipulate Justin to take over as the head of the family with her by his side, or trying to find a way to steal the Kiriakis money before disappearing.  This whole trying to seduce Victor thing makes absolutely no sense. 

If anything I would think as Adrienne she would try to finally bury the hatchet with Victor and get on his good side as a way to implant her and Justin in power positions.  Bonnie could be impulsive but she was never stupid.

• Love 2

My problem is that I like Judi so much better as Bonnie than as Adrienne (which, yes, comes down to the writing for boring old A as much as the performance) that I'm willing to overlook stupidity just to keep her sassy self on the canvas as long as possible.

• Love 2