Type keyword(s) to search

Got Questions?: We've Got Answers!

• Start Topic

Ahh! You guys are the BEST!!

...she on the other hand needs some work. It's amazing they couldn't get ED to just do the voice while someone else did the body shots. Silly network loyalties.

It just goes to show how good ED is. I thought it would be easy for a pro to imitate Susan. Clearly not.

I'm not remembering how Brady and Maggie became so fond of each other. This this happen after she became his sponsor? 

Pretty much.  They actually just took Maggie and Lucas's relationship and replaced Lucas with Brady.  Now we never get any Lucas and Maggie scenes, especially since Daniel was revealed to be her son. 

I always thought that was a miss step not to put Maggie in the middle of Lucas and Daniel's rivalry.

• Love 1

I'm not remembering how Brady and Maggie became so fond of each other. This this happen after she became his sponsor?

Maggie and Brady to my knowledge never had problem with each other and got along ok even when Maggie married Victor. The one time I do remember when Maggie had a problem with Brady was when started drama with Marlena at Tuscany. It was a funny fight.

https://youtu.be/7Bal5CeV8m8

• Love 2

Maggie and Brady to my knowledge never had problem with each other and got along ok even when Maggie married Victor. The one time I do remember when Maggie had a problem with Brady was when started drama with Marlena at Tuscany. It was a funny fight.

https://youtu.be/7Bal5CeV8m8

Lol, that was when they tried to re-create the "Sami hatred of John" only this time with Brady and Marlena.  Come to think of it, the only time Brady was a genuinely nice guy was when he was dating and first married Chloe.  The writers knew enough to end the Brady/Marlena feud, but just had to keep the John/Sami one going.

Brady and Maggie didn't start to have a real relationship until Brady came back to Salem as an addict. This was way before Maggie and Victor got together.  Mickey was still alive back then.

Edited by JBC344

I came back to DAYS a few months before the 50th but bailed when it became clear that they really were going to kill Will (even though it meant missing AS and KDP's exit story).  But I'm pretty sure Daniel was being awful to Nicole and Brady could barely talk to Theresa without acting like she was contagious or something.  So how on earth did both couples end up blissfully in love?   

Maaaaaaagiiiicccc!

Yup. You are right. I'm going through "Ericole" videos online and remembering the 24 month Nicole Bashing Bonanza Tan and Brady spearheaded.

When Nicole said today "what will I do without you, Dan?" I was all like "....read a magazine..?"

Girl needs some self respect. Dan was a lousy dance partner.

Edited by DisneyBoy

I came back to DAYS a few months before the 50th but bailed when it became clear that they really were going to kill Will (even though it meant missing AS and KDP's exit story).  But I'm pretty sure Daniel was being awful to Nicole and Brady could barely talk to Theresa without acting like she was contagious or something.  So how on earth did both couples end up blissfully in love?   

I think it was explained that after Nicole nearly died with Eric, Dr. Tan realized what an idiot he had been and apologized to Nicole.

• Love 2

I have recently re-started watching DAYS again and am trying to acclimate myself to some of the "newer" characters (I stopped watching around the time Zack was killed).

My first question . . . . why is Rafe hated so much? I get that he has fans but I seem to read more negative responses to him than positive. What did he do?

Second question . . . how did Jack Deveraux die? Did he and Jennifer ever divorce?

1) I am no fan of Rafe because although GG seems like a nice guy, he is on the level of DH in terms of his acting. The character has been paired with just about every female power-hitter on the show in an effort to make his character happen and it always falls flat. Now that Higley is back, the character and actor are among her favs, we see Rafe again being injected into nearly every story and a forced and overly fast pairing with Hope, along with his family being brought on (more members are on the way), while the Hortons, Bradys, Carvers, DiMeras, etc. are mere shells of there former selves with no apparent improvements on the horizon.

2) Jack died after being crushed by an elevator as he was saving his daughter. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they were divorced as Jennifer spent the last years of Jack's time on the show screwing Taniel and denigrating Jack (you know the man she professed her love for during the two seconds we spent looking back on the show's history as part of its 50th Anniversay Celebration) as the show's efforts to sell yet another character who didn't work at the expense of a fan favorite was in full swing.

• Love 3

1) I am no fan of Rafe because although GG seems like a nice guy, he is on the level of DH in terms of his acting. The character has been paired with just about every female power-hitter on the show in an effort to make his character happen and it always falls flat. Now that Higley is back, the character and actor are among her favs, we see Rafe again being injected into nearly every story and a forced and overly fast pairing with Hope, along with his family being brought on (more members are on the way), while the Hortons, Bradys, Carvers, DiMeras, etc. are mere shells of there former selves with no apparent improvements on the horizon.

2) Jack died after being crushed by an elevator as he was saving his daughter. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they were divorced as Jennifer spent the last years of Jack's time on the show screwing Taniel and denigrating Jack (you know the man she professed her love for during the two seconds we spent looking back on the show's history as part of its 50th Anniversay Celebration) as the show's efforts to sell yet another character who didn't work at the expense of a fan favorite was in full swing.

Thanks Happytobehere!  Poor Jack. 

My first question . . . . why is Rafe hated so much? I get that he has fans but I seem to read more negative responses to him than positive. What did he do?

Second question . . . how did Jack Deveraux die? Did he and Jennifer ever divorce?

Welcome, Darlin!

I don't mind Rafe.  GG can be quite charming with the right material, especially when he gets to be a smart ass.  But when he gets all schmoopy, or becomes self-righteous and hypocritical, he can be downright insufferable (never as insufferable as Dr. Tan, though).  I especially like his friendship with Nicole.  It's too bad they hardly ever share scenes anymore. 

Jack died by falling down an elevator shaft while trying to save his worthless daughter.  I don't remember if he and Jennifer were officially divorced at the time.

• Love 2

Welcome, Darlin!

I don't mind Rafe.  GG can be quite charming with the right material, especially when he gets to be a smart ass.  But when he gets all schmoopy, or becomes self-righteous and hypocritical, he can be downright insufferable (never as insufferable as Dr. Tan, though).  I especially like his friendship with Nicole.  It's too bad they hardly ever share scenes anymore. 

Jack died by falling down an elevator shaft while trying to save his worthless daughter.  I don't remember if he and Jennifer were officially divorced at the time.

Yeah, Rafe isn't a bad character per se.  I just don't like him as the "supreme moral compass".  Considering his actions I like him better a little more "darker" or at least more snarky and more personality.  You really get to see that side with his friendship with Nicole and his relationship with Kate.  I think with Sami he was to busy being the "good" guy to her sometimes bad girl.  He plays a lot more even keeled with Nicole or Kate.

• Love 2

I don't think so...but I don't think Abby and Gabi have either.

I just watched an old clip from the 80s during the Pawn storyline and was stunned to see current-day Roman interacting with Marlena, but as another character named Tomny I believe. What was his deal and why did the show use the same guy a decade later as Roman if he had already played such a visible character while Roman 1.0 was still around?

Abifail and Gabi have had scenes together. They were at Murder Park (I think). Gabi was sad because Will had just been murdered and Abifail pretended to cry and struggled to act like a sympathetic friend who was also mourning Will's murder. 

• Love 2

I don't know why they recast Roman with Josh Taylor, but back in 80s he played a character named Chris Kositchek, who owned a bar/restaurant called Shenanigans and was good buddies with Bo. He also dated Kayla for awhile before MBE was Kayla. I don't know what happened to him, I wasn't watching then.

I don't think so...but I don't think Abby and Gabi have either.

I just watched an old clip from the 80s during the Pawn storyline and was stunned to see current-day Roman interacting with Marlena, but as another character named Tomny I believe. What was his deal and why did the show use the same guy a decade later as Roman if he had already played such a visible character while Roman 1.0 was still around?

Tamara Braun, who is playing Ava, played Nicole's sister Taylor a while back.

But she didn't play Nicole's sister while someone else was playing Ava at the same time, right?

I'm assuming she at least had a different hairdo between the two characters. Chris and Roman 2.0 look exactly the same.

• Love 1

Sorry, yes...Chris not Tommy. Weird though.

Chris Kositchek was a fairly popular character in the late 70s and well into the 80s.  He managed the town cafe Shenanigans and was part-owner of the Body Connection gym and later Jump.  His brother was Jake Kositchek, who became Salem's first notorious Serial Killer.  He romanced nearly all the 30-ish female characters for nearly a decade.  After Roman was declared dead, he briefly romanced Marlena, though they decided to remain just friends.  At that same time, Savannah Wilder arrived in Salem, catapulting Chris as a key player in the Miami Adventure.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOuCHh9k9jA

After Savannah went to prison, Chris lingered in Salem, secretly went to law school, and became The Salem Attorney.  

His last scenes involved the adoption of Frankie and Max Donner into the Brady household.

The actor is allegedly BFF with Ken Corday (golf buddy?) and was hired to assume the role of Roman Brady when Wayne Northrop declined to return.

• Love 1

Wow, was that DH as Roman?  So weird.  Also Josh Taylor didn't have marbles in his mouth back then.

Whatever happened to Max and Frankie.  I mean Frankie was older so I guess he could have left town, but was Max just always upstairs doing homework?

Thanks, Rick Kitchen, I never knew that!  But I was actually wondering about when Max was adopted.  I googled his wiki and it looks like he was a little kid when he was adopted and then he was never seen again?  But there was no explanation.

You are right.  Max pretty much disappeared in the 90's with no explanation.  They brought him and Frankie back in the 00's and were both on for a few years.  They expanded his character a little before he left by making his biological father, Melanie's adoptive father, who was later killed by Nick.  This is why Nick was in prison for a few years. 

But yeah, he is in London with Chelsea and Billie.

• Love 2

Wow, was that DH as Roman?  So weird.  Also Josh Taylor didn't have marbles in his mouth back then.

Whatever happened to Max and Frankie.  I mean Frankie was older so I guess he could have left town, but was Max just always upstairs doing homework?

Drake was presumed to be Roman Brady for well over a decade. The storyline was particularly well done, from Marlena counseling a bandaged "pawn", to the pawn picking the name "John Black" from a plaque on the wall, to Marlena fearing that he was Stefano while on a whitewater rafting adventure, to Marlena convincing all of Salem that the 6-foot-plus, decade younger, uber-hairy neanderthal type was the petite, mousy-looking, hairless, curly-mop-topped they had all known as Roman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZaUIzeG4x0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVSxqfFOMJE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArjBr6YABXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iir12hYNJaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI68Ylmx3WA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUAsM8NU_EE

JT is heading toward 73 years of age. Diction deteriorates for a variety of reasons.  Though, honestly, Chris Kositchek wasn't exactly much of a wordsmith.

While Max was gone forever, Frankie was in and out of Salem, bouncing among Jennifer, Eve, and Billie.  

The "real" Eve wants Frankie

His wedding to Jennifer was interrupted by Dead Jack returning.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 3

I wasn't sure where to post this because I didn't want to see any spoilers. I have been watching Days for over 30 years and I actually have from 1983 till November 2015 on a hard drive. Life got crazy the last two months with some health issues. Our NBC station shows Days in the middle of the night, usually 1-3am. We have been try to catch up of Days and found we are missing a few episodes on our DVR due to NBC changing the time. This has happened  in the past and I could always find a random episode streaming online.I was surprised to find no episodes anymore on youtube and only the last 5 on hulu. Is there anywhere to find a few December and January episodes? For once since the show is moving so fast , missing 2 days, someone can be gone for good.

The episodes I am missing are Dec 10, 14,24,28,30 and Jan 6, and 15th.

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 1

I wasn't sure where to post this because I didn't want to see any spoilers. I have been watching Days for over 30 years and I actually have from 1983 till November 2015 on a hard drive. Life got crazy the last two months with some health issues. Our NBC station shows Days in the middle of the night, usually 1-3am. We have been try to catch up of Days and found we are missing a few episodes on our DVR due to NBC changing the time. This has happened  in the past and I could always find a random episode streaming online.I was surprised to find no episodes anymore on youtube and only the last 5 on hulu. Is there anywhere to find a few December and January episodes? For once since the show is moving so fast , missing 2 days, someone can be gone for good.

Welcome, silverspoons!  I can't offer any help with your missing episodes but you might try posting in the main thread (Current Plots Discussion).  Spoilers aren't allowed there and it gets more action than this one.  Also, and I know it's not the same, but this site posts decent recaps.  At the very least it will fill in the blanks.

Congrats on your awesome collection!  It must be incredibly frustrating to have your affiliate switch times on your like that!

Random question but how popular were Kate/Stefano as a couple? I'm going through clips online and finding that I really love these two acting opposite each other.

What was the general story surrounding their romance? I see that Kate was blackmailed into marrying him, but did he love her at that point already or was it just about pissing off Victor? And then, when Kate kept Chad's parentage from him, Stefano seemingly kicked her out...at what point did the love between them grow and how did it finally end? If I recall, they were already past tense when Sami and Kate teamed up to take over DiMera Enterprises...

If you cant find actual episodes, you might want to just search for some of the extremely detailed episode recaps that are out there on the net.  I have taped every day since 1985 as well, and it always irked me when episodes were lost either through preemption or mechanical issue.

NBC does archive a 5 minute clip from each show and three paltry paragraphs

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/episodes

19 years of recaps:

http://soapcentral.com/days/archives.php

Random question but how popular were Kate/Stefano as a couple? I'm going through clips online and finding that I really love these two acting opposite each other.

What was the general story surrounding their romance? I see that Kate was blackmailed into marrying him, but did he love her at that point already or was it just about pissing off Victor? And then, when Kate kept Chad's parentage from him, Stefano seemingly kicked her out...at what point did the love between them grow and how did it finally end? If I recall, they were already past tense when Sami and Kate teamed up to take over DiMera Enterprises...

Stefano and Kate were a popular couple.  It started when he blackmailed her by securing the evidence that Kate had poisoned Chloe.  It turned into a really loving relationship until TPTB decided to break them up for no reason.  They had Stefano set Kate up to cheat on him with Ian.  Kate fell into the trap and Stefano wanted a divorce.  Kate fought the divorce and really wanted to work things out with Stefano.  Five minutes after Kate had resigned that her marriage to Stefano was over, Stefano became obsessed with getting Kate back. He then tried to use Kate's relationship with Chad as a way to get back on good terms with him.  Kate and Lexi were the main reasons that Chad accepted being a Dimera in the first place.  Chad was always much closer to Kate than Stefano.

It was an interesting time when Kate and Stefano were married it seemed like TPTB were really making an effort to broaden the Dimeras as a family.  You had Kate and Stefano as the patriarch and matriarch, with EJ, Lexi, Chad and Nicole.  Then Theo, Johnnie and Sydney as the grandchildren.