Type keyword(s) to search

Got Questions?: We've Got Answers!

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think the actors should have some input, mainly on the comfort level.  If I were an actress and had to film 12 hour days in something itchy, or scratchy, or that I'm allergic to, or extremely uncomfortable shoes, I'd say no.  

of course!, within reason.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The actors should not get a say on how their character dresses, unless, it is something demeaning.. 

I think it's something they negotiate. I don't care either way most of the time.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

It could go either way. Lauren Koslow picks a lot of her own wardrobe/influences it. But then she has excuisite taste.  

I love most of her wardrobe...especially when she wears the flared business skirts.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I got a question!   I've been watching Days episodes on youtube with Casey Deidrick.  Good actor, good-looking guy.  Was  he let go from Days?  Did he quit Days?  What's the story?

He quit the show..

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I got a question!   I've been watching Days episodes on youtube with Casey Deidrick.  Good actor, good-looking guy.  Was  he let go from Days?  Did he quit Days?  What's the story?

He'll always be Chad to me.  Billy Flynn is good too, but just doesn't "look" like Chad to me.

Casey Deidrick went on to be in some shows on MTV, and he's also a singer in a heavy metal band.

• Love 2

She once dressed as a French Fry container for several episodes.

Her first scene in Salem involved her shooting dead the man attempting to kill her nephew Lawrence.  His first comment:  "Aunt Viv!"

Her brother was Leopold Alamain, who was married to Philomena Alamain, the sister of Daphne DiMera, Stefano's first wife.

Stole Kate+Victor's fertilized embryo and gave birth to Philip Kiriakis.

While under the influence of Dr Wu's Secret Herbs, she drugged and buried alive her arch-nemesis Carly Manning.

She discovered that Laura Horton was being over-medicated during her years-long psychiatric hospital stay and helped Laura back to sanity as part of a plot to destroy Kate Roberts.

Spent several months with a secret tooth implant, courtesy Dr Rolf, that led to bizarre, humorous behavior.

Years later, she tried to engineer a break up between Victor and Maggie by encasing Maggie in a sarcophagus in the Kiriakis Tomb, only to end up inside the contraption herself, to the mocking, weeks-long joy of Brady/Victor/Nicole.

She raised her nephew Nicholas Alamain and secretly gave birth to Quinn Hudson (and to Stefan O. DiMera??)

During her initial stints on the show, she had a European assistant Ivan Marais, who wins the lottery and takes his *Madame* from Salem.  On her last visit, she has a weasly assistant Gus, who ended up terrorizing women of Salem, including then-hooker Chloe Lane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivian_Alamain

http://soapcentral.com/days/whoswho/vivian.php

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 3

Actually John is Vivian's nephew, still is.  John was adopted by Philomena and Leopold Alamain when he was a young boy. Vivaian and Nicky Alamain have been John's constant relatives throughout his many retcons. 

Vivian has had two major feuds in her tenure on Days over the decades.  Carly Manning who is Nicky's mother and Lawrence Alamains (Vivian's nephew) ex wife, and Kate Roberts.

Back then Kate/Victor/Vivian were very much a twisted love triangle.  Vivian was the "schemer" to Kate's "good girl" back then.

Vivian stole Phillip as an embryo and had him implanted in her.  She birthed Phillip Kiriakis.

She was briefly married to Stefano in the late 90's early 2000's.

Vivian for 80% of her tenure on the show has been a scheming villain.

The other 20% have been her more sympathetic moments with her nephews John and Nicky, her marriage to Jonesy, her "scheming" with Ivan, and her really sweet friendship with Celeste.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

She once dressed as a French Fry container for several episodes.

LMAO I love this!

I think I remember some of that stuff, most notably the tooth implant thing. That sounds vaguely familar.

Thanks for all the info everyone.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Actually John is Vivian's nephew, still is.  John was adopted by Philomena and Leopold Alamain when he was a young boy. Vivaian and Nicky Alamain have been John's constant relatives throughout his many retcons. 

Vivian has had two major feuds in her tenure on Days over the decades.  Carly Manning who is Nicky's mother and Lawrence Alamains (Vivian's nephew) ex wife, and Kate Roberts.

Back then Kate/Victor/Vivian were very much a twisted love triangle.  Vivian was the "schemer" to Kate's "good girl" back then.

Vivian stole Phillip as an embryo and had him implanted in her.  She birthed Phillip Kiriakis.

She was briefly married to Stefano in the late 90's early 2000's.

Vivian for 80% of her tenure on the show has been a scheming villain.

The other 20% have been her more sympathetic moments with her nephews John and Nicky, her marriage to Jonesy, her "scheming" with Ivan, and her really sweet friendship with Celeste.

Don't forget that JER made her more layered by making her more comedic. She was written much darker under Sheri and other writers. She was not supposed to stay long on the show.  JER always wrote much better for the villainesses than the heroines.. Sami, Kristen and Vivian were his muses..  They were featured nonstop under his tenure.  He said that he was inspired by Eileen and  wrote the Banks siblings because of her. He apologized to Eileen for overworking her. She was exhausted at the end of her first run on the show..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

COZI is a nationwide over-the-air channel. It's not Verizon programming.

WCAU is the NBC affiliate and will air DOOL on its sub-channel, which is branded under COZI. Looks as if COZI is carried on Channel 248 on Comcast Digital Cable. 

If you get WCAU via antenna on Channel 10.1, you will find COZI on 10.2.

If the rumors about there still being a little bit of footage of Joe are true, my question is this: what would you like the footage to be and how would you like the show to use it to wrap up Stefano's story?

I personally would rather the show completely ignore the fact that Shane and Steve impersonated Stefano. It was just too stupid for words and I would prefer to forget it happened. If all they have is a shot of Joe sitting in a chair smiling and laughing a little bit, maybe they can wait until Eileen is available again and film a scene of her in some foreign country, in some luxurious mansion speaking to Stefano about how their family always overcomes all the odds. They could then cut to him looking rather healthy, and then later after Kristen has returned to Salem she could get word that he passed away peacefully in his sleep, which she would keep to herself to continue to use the threat of Stefano's return to Salem to get what she wants.

I really don't think it works to always suggest that Stefano could still be out there. They've played it that way for two years now and it just interferes with the stories that they try to tell. I mean, at this point Stefano is alive but he isn't returning to Salem to confront his newly discovered son? We are supposed to believe he would allow Vivian to take the company away from Chad, who Stefano loves dearly? I don't buy that.

Better to eventually say he actually passed away once and for all.

• Love 4

Why would anyone carry some ones ashes around in a shaker?

wouldnt some one have to have super human strength to kill someone with a shaker?

why when Abby mentioned Gabby not wearing a coat did no one question that more ?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, tribeca said:

Why would anyone carry some ones ashes around in a shaker?

wouldnt some one have to have super human strength to kill someone with a shaker?

why when Abby mentioned Gabby not wearing a coat did no one question that more ?

I find it hard to believe that a cocktail shaker could crash Andre's skull allowing him to bleed out.  This is worse than 70s murder of the week shows.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

People keep saying that Philip regrew his leg(s), but did we ever actually see JPL's bare legs during his stint?

Only once, post coital, with Belle.  As hairless as Victor's pate.  His Veronica Lake hair-do  took up most of the screen.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Why is Vivian so obsessed with Victor?

No particular reason other than she has been obsessed with him since the early 90's. 

She was the "bad" girl to Kate's "good girl" during their initial love triangle.

She stole Phillip as an embryo as a way to convince Victor of her love, and has tried to kill Kate and Maggie over the years. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

No particular reason other than she has been obsessed with him since the early 90's. 

She was the "bad" girl to Kate's "good girl" during their initial love triangle.

She stole Phillip as an embryo as a way to convince Victor of her love, and has tried to kill Kate and Maggie over the years. 

True. However, she became interested in Victor back when she came to town for Lawrence, before Kate was her rival.  Victor and John were establishing a relationship after Isabella died, after years of acrimony, when John was Roman. Victor was suspicious of Vivian and John was giving her the benefit of the doubt because she was his aunt.  So Victor offered to court Vivian to find out what was the deal. Victor was right because Lawrence and Vivian were plotting to steal John's share of the Alamain fortune and undermine his work at Titan.  Vivian fell for Victor, then, Kate came to town and caught Victor's eye. The rest is history.  It was also Vivian's scheme to hurt Titan that brought Kate to town to help Victor.  

I loved the John/Victor dynamic. They were both wary of each other, but, they were bonded because of Isabella and Brady.  I loved how Sherry wrote it.  John taught Victor to be more human and Victor thought John to be less trusting and more devious.  Plus, Victor was scheming to put John and Marlena  back together because he wanted Marlena to raise Brady, as his mother, thereby, fulfilling, Isabella's wish.. He offered Marlena a seat at Titan, so, that Jarlena would work closely together, in order to re-ignite their dormant feelings for one another. Marlena not only interacted with John, but, also, her old friend Kate...I used to love how Sherry's stories would weave different characters together..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
On 2/8/2018 at 10:14 PM, SanDiegoInExile said:

COZI is a nationwide over-the-air channel. It's not Verizon programming.

WCAU is the NBC affiliate and will air DOOL on its sub-channel, which is branded under COZI. Looks as if COZI is carried on Channel 248 on Comcast Digital Cable. 

If you get WCAU via antenna on Channel 10.1, you will find COZI on 10.2.

i hate all these alternate channels i can't get. i have direct tv.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, tribeca said:

Why did eve suddenly stop backing Claire?

Good question.  I was wondering the same thing.  

The best thing about this contest is Tripp making fun of it.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Can someone give me the backstory on Xander, please? Thanks!

He is the son of Victor's retcon brother. Victor only had one brother, who was Justin's father, who was killed in Greece. 

Xander came to town to work with Victor.  Victor treated him like shit.  He desperately wanted Victor's approval.  He became infatuated with Nicole, when she rejected him. He attacked her and Eric came on time, to save her. They ran for their lives, he locked them in the boiler room and tried to kill them. Eric and Nicole declared their love for each other, before passing out from the heat. They were saved by Daniel.  Xander also liked Theresa, but, she falsely accused him of rape. Theresa was trying to make Brady jealous.  It is why he hates her so much.  He was arrested and thrown in jail. I think that Victor got him out of prison. Then, he started working with Deimos, another retcon brother of Victor who faked Xander's death. He kidnapped Nicole for Deimos.  Eric later saved Nicole from Deimos and Xander. Xander escaped again with Victor's help..

Somebody please correct me, if I missed something..

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Then, he started working with Deimos, another retcon brother of Victor who faked Xander's death. He kidnapped Nicole for Deimos.  Eric later saved Nicole from Deimos and Xander. Xander escaped again with Victor's help..

If they were going to retcon brothers for Victor anyway, they should have just made Deimos to also be Xander's father. It would explain Victor's apathy for Xander who loved and raised Justin when his parents were killed.

I also seem to remember a conversation about Xander being jealous of Philip, Brady and stupid Daniel growing up. It seemed that they knew each other as teens.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

If they were going to retcon brothers for Victor anyway, they should have just made Deimos to also be Xander's father. It would explain Victor's apathy for Xander who loved and raised Justin when his parents were killed.

I also seem to remember a conversation about Xander being jealous of Philip, Brady and stupid Daniel growing up. It seemed that they knew each other as teens.

Daniel was the son of Victor's good friends, and Victor was his godfather, long before they retconned that Daniel was Maggie's son, so the newly created Xander was shoehorned in as having grown up with Daniel, and always resented Victor not liking him better than Daniel.

Last year, ED said this in an interview:

“This arc is mostly about Susan, but we can really cram in a lot. A few other people may be making cameos. You might even see a comb-over.”

Why tease a Thomas return if there was none? Think they flmed and cut it?

On 6/15/2018 at 2:02 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Last year, ED said this in an interview:

“This arc is mostly about Susan, but we can really cram in a lot. A few other people may be making cameos. You might even see a comb-over.”

Why tease a Thomas return if there was none? Think they flmed and cut it?

If all the other cartoon characters beyond Kristen/Susan were cut, well...I'm personally not crying. IMO, that was a dark period of the show in ridiculousness. And Susan was part of it, but since EJ had Miracle-Gro, she is sadly sometimes necessary. But if I never see the others again, it'll be too soon.

• Love 3