Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Whirly Girly

With the events of New York behind them and back in Rosewood, the Liars are unsettled to still be living under a cloud of secrets. Aria is haunted by the recent past events, while Emily, Hanna and Spencer try to wrap their head around the new normal. Alison, on the other hand, is still sleeping with one eye open as she is forced to stay at home with her family – who she doesn’t trust. Meanwhile, Jason’s odd behavior and Kenneth DiLaurentis’ search for Jessica starts to raise eyebrows about her disappearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1YXV6bxFw

Emily: Follow him.

Hannah: You follow him. I have to go change my underwear.

LOL.

Was Allie smiling or crying at her mother being buried?

Sounds like we finally get to meet the dad. This should be good. I'd forgotten that there was one.

Wasn't he in a Season 1 episode?

It's about time one of these girls got a dog. I've always thought that if someone like A were stalking me, they couldn't get within 10 feet of my house without my dogs barking their heads off.

• Love 5
All I remember is that they found Mrs. D's dead body.

Let's all give Pepe the dog a hand. Mrs. D's hand to be exact. 

Is it possible that it's not really Mrs. D. buried in the backyard, but it's somebody else that looks just like her ?

Well at least this was better than the premier.  As amusing as the show can be when it spirals out into the truly batshit crazy, it gets old fast and its nice to see that the show is going to return to its old feel.   Also I liked how they are starting over with all the secrets.  Alison lied to the police because she has something else to hide or didn't want to send her mother to jail, and now the Liars will go crazy trying to keep the secrets about New York and investigating who is screwing with them.  Sounds good to me.

Also there were a few other things I liked.  Trojan and Sasha are both really good actress, Lucy does crazy-Aria well, and I like Shay when she is with one of the other Liars, particularly Spencer, so hopefully this season will have fewer mute worthy scenes.  Toby looks like less of a douche with longer hair.  I'll call it an improvement to his character.  Mona confessed that she sent Alison that text, so maybe the writers have realized they shouldn't drag out every tiny secret.  Also Mona managed to be threatening without being hugely over the top (looking at you, Toby and Shana).  I laughed at the scene where the girls walked single file to the police station, because you saw the outlines of all the girls, all dress normally except for Aria, who looked like she was from an Anime.  Lastly, the final scene was really good, I actually felt bad for Alison, which is saying something.

Really the only thing that bothered me was Jason.  We know he is a red herring.  It's way too early in the season to have a real lead.  Also the hat he was wearing made him look like Jesse Pinkman.  I was waiting for him to call someone bitch.

• Love 4

Let's all give Pepe the dog a hand. Mrs. D's hand to be exact. 

Is it possible that it's not really Mrs. D. buried in the backyard, but it's somebody else that looks just like her ?

So, do we think that whoever killed Mrs. D also ordered the dog, knowing it would dig up the body?  Because I can't see her actually saying she wanted a dog. However, I can't think of why someone would bury a person only to lead others to the body, unless they knew Mrs. D buried Alison and wanted to send a message. But I don't know who that would be, so maybe I am just reading too much into this.

(edited)

When did Mike get hot? How old is that actor? Should I feel like Ezra? 

I really liked the episode. I liked the twist that Ali lied on the assumption that she was protecting Aria. And that she didn't keep it from the girls. Turns out, it was just Mona protecting Mona. 

I totally get why A left Aria alone for the most part. We got an episode of Aria torture and she had to be talked out of going to the cops. As much as she's the best at lying, when someone really gets after her she's all "F this, imma talk to some cops." I also like the Em and Aria bonding. 

Hanna's "I have to change my underwear" was awesome. 

Why was Ali dressed like A? 

I love Mona. 

And I thought they were already hinting at Jason's innocence. 

Edited by mercfan3

I laughed at the scene where the girls walked single file to the police station, because you saw the outlines of all the girls

I laughed because I was wondering why they were all walking like tourists at Abbey Road.

• Love 14

lol at Aria's comment about the Alison getting a dog, "When did she find the time to get a dog?" That's Alison in a nutshell.

I am super super excited to see more Spencer and Alison yelling at each other

And Mona, I know she bullied you but let it go, it's been years. And you kinda did worse things to other people what more do you want?

• Love 1

Well, Ali got a dog, & the dog found her mother. That's pretty much it for this episode. At least Mona admitted to the text, so that's not hanging over our heads, but I think that having Ali come up with a whole new lie sucks. We still have tons of mysteries left from the original story, when are we getting answers to that?

(edited)
lol at Aria's comment about the Alison getting a dog, "When did she find the time to get a dog?" That's Alison in a nutshell.

Clearly she has forgotten that the day before Alison disappeared, she did more than the army does in a month. Of course Alison would have time to get a dog the day that she comes back from the dead! I mean, even if the dog wasn't her doing, it's well within her powers of time management and altering the time-space continuum.

As soon as that dog showed up, I was convinced that he had a tiny camera or microphone in his collar or his leash so that A could spy on Ali. Then when Mona started handing out whistles, I had the same suspicion. This is what PLL has done to me. I am convinced there that are cameras or microphones in EVERYTHING. All objects exist solely to spy on people.

I loved the scene with Ali and her dad the first night she was home. He either really loves his little girl or he's a hell of an actor.

I just can't with Aria. Even now that she finally has a storyline that doesn't revolve around Ezra, I still can't stand her tortured artist soul. She doesn't know how she can live with the fact that she killed Shana, a person who was pointing a gun at her friends? What was the alternative? Convincing her to hold hands and sing kumbaya? And while I get that she is dealing with taking a life, what really tipped me over into hating her self centered me me me freakout was that Emily very gently tried to tell her that she understood how Aria felt because she experienced the same thing with Nate. Instead of being grateful that someone could relate to her feelings, Aria's reaction was to throw a soda can.

The only smart thing Aria did this week was not go through with her dead girl theater google search. The police can check your internet history, so don't do it, Aria!

For people who are trying to keep a huge secret, Spencer and Emily sure were discussing it loudly in the yard. Haven't they learned that someone is always listening and/or watching them? At least in the past they tried to be kind of mask what they were talking about by referring to "the Jenna thing" (as opposed to "THE NIGHT WE BLINDED JENNA") but now they think it's okay to have a conversation about how Ali is lying. If Jason opening a car door is loud enough to interrupt their conversation, then their yelling about Ali could have been heard by the entire neighborhood. Later when they were walking to Ali's house to give back her phone, Spencer said (very loudly), "We killed that her's her," after mentioning Jenna by name. Really not the brightest idea.

On a related note, why did Hanna have to go outside to call Aria? Why is her front porch a more private place to make a phone call than her bedroom?

I really did not need to see the Toby/Spencer makeout scene.

Heh, I loved Hanna's totally awkward "What's up, Jason?" Sidenote to Jason: speeding off in your Volvo doesn't seem very badass. It's kind of like stomping off in flip flops. It just makes you look silly.

Am I dumb because I don't understand why Mike would borrow Aria's ipod to put together music for a social studies project? And the timeline makes no sense. Aria heard the violin music on her ipod earlier that day, so she had it in her possession. Then she went to make the cabin look like Ali had been hiding there.When she got home from doing that, Mike handed it back to her and said he had borrowed it. So he took it the night before, put it back in the morning, and then took it back again after Aria left the house? Plus you can't tell me that he doesn't have his own ipod.

Mona definitely has issues (besides living in a perpetual state of hyper reality).

I don't necesssarily need a meeting of the PLL's boyfriends club, but Caleb still isn't back? I just want an explanation about where he's been since Ravenswood ended. Hanging out with his dad? Taking a bus tour of Pennsylvania? Talking to more dead people?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I totally took "the Jenna thing" as a shout out to TWoP's PLL recapper Jacob Clifton.

I hand-wave through at least half an episode so continuity errors on this show don't bug me as much as it should. I still like Mona even though girl clearly has issues but I'm glad she admitted the text came from her. I do wish she would leave Mike alone. It's too bad Mrs. D is dead, she was the only DiLaurentis I was interested in because the others either don't make much of an impression on me or I pretty much hate them.

Emily's attempt to help Aria get thru her feelings re: Shana's death was very sweet and caring but of course Aria had to totally brush her off since...I can't even finish this. That girl frustrates me to the point of yelling "Aria! God!" and making me want to throw a soda can at HER.

Pepe is MVP. Swans into the DiLaurentis house, already has Emily doing his bidding (I need a walk, bitch!) AND digs up the lady of the house in what, a day? Runner-up is Ashley just because she is fab-u-lous.

• Love 1
I totally took "the Jenna thing" as a shout out to TWoP's PLL recapper Jacob Clifton.

I thought the PLL used "the Jenna thing" as their euphemism for blinding Jenna from the very beginning of S1 (while Jacob referred to Jenna the character as "Jenna thing" without the article preceding it). Am I remembering that incorrectly?

• Love 4

The Liars have referred to Jenna's blinding as "the Jenna thing" from the beginning. I think it was even the title of one of the episodes 

On a separate subject, I see it's still unseasonably mild in Rosewood, Pennsylvania again. They said Halloween was a month ago so it's now probably early December but they are still causally walking around outside in light jackets!  

• Love 1

If I remember correctly, Emily wasn't a sweetheart after she killed someone either.

And I do think it was a little different. Emily was in a life or death situation herself, and she meant to kill Nate. Aria didn't wack Shauna with the intent to kill her, nor was SHE the one in danger. Obviously they are going to use this as a way to torture Aria and for bonding between them..but I don't see any issue with the way Aria is behaving. Most people wouldn't be comforted with "Hey, I killed someone too.." 

That's an easy thing to answer, Ali's a time traveler. She went back in time to get a dog because that's something she didn't have before so she figured it might help change things. And it did they found her mother's body a lot sooner than they would've. It would also explain why no could find her, she went back to another time. She also could've taken Spencer back with her to the 1920's but Spencer was too drugged out to remember it and thought it was a dream.

This show really needs to embrace the sci-fi it would make so much more sense. 

Pepe is smarter than all of the Liars put together, I hope nothing bad happens to him.  

So Jason is back to being sketchy suspect # 1.  I LOL'ed when Hanna said she had to change her underwear.

Could've done w/o the Spoby sexy time, but at least it wasn't Ezria.

• Love 1

I find Ali totally shady. Her story may be protecting Aria but it also protects herself and presents her as some tortured kidnapping survivor instead of the girl who watched her friends be tortured in her stead for years and chose to let everyone believe she was dead. It also serves to draw the other girls into her web of lies, because they're now all having to cover things up.

And lying is still as natural to her as breathing.

Jason is equally shady but them being so obvious about it kinda makes him look like a red herring (AGAIN). But that stupid because he does make perfect sense to be involved, sans twin theory. And they made a point of showing the previously where he had the stabwound from Arya defending herself, so clearly he's still somehow involved. Though I'm really sick and tired of people being blackmailed into helping A/helping A to protect someone...blah blah. Alison was an awful person who managed to piss off so many people practically the entire town has a motive for being after her, so why aren't more people actively involved in being after her? Instead she has a whole armada of people helping her.

Also, I just wanted to smack Emily every single time she said "A is dead" or "it's over". How dumb can she be?

God, these girls are stupid.  For 1, I'm not sure what purpose it served running from New York other than making them look suspicious.  You had Ezra, who was waking up in the hospital, able to identify Shauna as A and ID her as the person with the gun on the rooftop.  You had Shauna with a gun in the theater and 4 eye witnesses to what happened.  Furthermore, as soon as Ali opened her mouth about being kidnapped one of them should have spoken up.  They also should have just ignored Jason and the car, let the police look for Mrs. DiLaurentis, and let it be over. I mean...don't they have homework or something else to do? 

If they just spoke up, this would end.  They bring half this shit on themselves.  Truly.

That said, I wouldn't ever want to meet one of the Liars.  I could wind up dead in 2 seasons. 

• Love 1
Did they really say that Halloween was a month ago during this episode? That's ridiculous because Spencer's early admission application was due in November or December and that was ages ago.

Yes, Mrs. Hastings referenced it in the conversation with Spencer about the photo of the girls and Allie taken at Halloween. Also I think Det. Holbrook mentioned how many weeks it had been since they saw her when that photo was taken. Apparently the second half of last season must have only been a few weeks in their time. I agree though--ridiculous.

Why aren't the cops hot footing it over to the Rosewood cemetary to exhume whoever was in Ali's grave now that they know 100% she's alive? Doesn't anyone care (besides Ali and I don't believe that for a second) that there was an actual body in a grave and it wasn't Ali??

• Love 4
(edited)

When they got off the bus, I like that Alison got off last so that she could turn around and run again. I don't think I'd want to return to that pedophile filled town. She looked so taken aback when she realized Spencer runs the show now. But then she took her power right back when she likes to Holbrook. I blame the Liars because they should have known better than to let her speak first. I had to roll my eyes when Holbrook was like "Why didn't you come to the cops?" Even if she were telling the truth, the last two cops she spoke to were NAT Club Garrett and Mr. I'm Not Afraid to Plant Evidence and Stalk Teenagers Wilden.

I don't believe for a second that Ali was protecting Aria, paying her respects to dead girl, or even a little concerned about her mom. Again, I don't trust anyone who plays dead for two years while her friends are being tortured and framed for murder.

Also, I'm throwing Jason in as the latest twin theory. It would explain the inconsistency of his character, as well as the fact that he was in New York and Rosewood at the same time. It also explains the summer where he "couldn't remember anything." I can see Jessica protecting the twin that hit Ali in the head and later telling him that she can't protect him after finding out Ali is alive. She probably sent Good Jason to keep track of Ali and protect her. Bad Jason is the one she can no longer protect and the one who killed her. Bad Jason is also the moron in the skull cap.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 2

Ugh, I was so mad at them when they just went along with Ali's lie at the police station. They constantly set themselves up to be tortured by A. Clearly they have learned nothing.

I kept expecting one of the girls to figure out Shana couldn't have been A. It seemed like Aria was on the verge of realizing it.

When Ali was holding the doll in her room did anyone else think she was about to open it up and look for something inside before she was interrupted by Mr D?

As soon as I saw the dog I knew its purpose was to find Mrs D's body. There is no way Mrs D adopted the dog. Was it my imagination or was the dog to be delivered to Alison Dilaurentis rather than Jessica? It seems like a message to Ali to me.

I love Mona. I don't know if she even wants revenge anymore. I get the impression that the game is just fun for her.

I am hoping we learn more about Jason's role in this mess. It looks like he's just another run-of-the-mill red herring, but he's Ali's brother, he had mystery stab wounds after the train, he is connected to Mona, he was the founder of NAT, etc. I hope they don't just dismiss him as a suspect again.

So Spencer is keeping secrets from Toby again? They made a point to have him keep prodding her and to have her avoid answering.

Ali in the hooded jacket was creepy. It looked like she was suppressing a smile at the end.

No A tags in the first couple episodes. I guess not until they have A do something to the girls again?

• Love 1

Writing Wrongs, that was my favorite line in the entire episode. Love Hanna. I wondered the same thing about Alison, was she smiling as they removed her mom's dead body?

I don't know if the dad was in season 1 as I didn't see the first few eps. I think I came into the show during ep 3 or 4.  Did they use the same actor?

Speaking of Allie's dad, I wondered if he wanted Ashley to figure out how to get into her bank account or he just wanted her to look for clues as to where she may be.

I love the dog, but I worry for him. I hope we don't get to see his demise. The only downside of bringing pets into the show.

Otto, do you mean like Mrs. D's twin sister?

I thought that Allie was dressed like A because she was hiding from reporters, etc. I didn't realize that she did look like A or an A clone during those scenes where she was wearing the hood. Good catch.

Lorikauai, yeah, I expected Allie to remove something from the doll too.

And what was with her in the mortuary with the rose?

No A tags in the first couple episodes.

I kind of miss them and all their twisted mystery.  Too bad Ezra isn't A (or maybe he still is...dun dun dun) - being in the hospital would explain his lack of activity.

• Love 2
When Ali was holding the doll in her room did anyone else think she was about to open it up and look for something inside before she was interrupted by Mr D?

I did too!

As soon as I saw the dog I knew its purpose was to find Mrs D's body. There is no way Mrs D adopted the dog. Was it my imagination or was the dog to be delivered to Alison Dilaurentis rather than Jessica? It seems like a message to Ali to me.

I'm figuring the dog was sent from A, but someone else killed Mrs D.

Why does none of them realize that the fact that Shana was turned against Ali after falling for Jenna means she wouldn't have been either the main A or the immediately post-Mona A? I suppose they might believe it was always Mona, but why would they do that? It's not like they are reading the script for the scenes they weren't in.

It seemed that way, but Ali would have taken more precautions to not be interrupted/seen if that were the case.

Not only is Jason a red herring, but he is already revealed as a red herring - for example, he is shown cleaning his car as if to get rid of evidence, but then again, Mrs D's body was not transported in that car. Also, if he was in NY, he likely couldn't have killed Mrs D (then again, he is Ali's brother, and her powers of bending time and space might run in the family.)

Speaking of where the body was, I can't believe that whoever killed Mrs D didn't hide her better - unless the killer wanted it revealed, and then it makes sense that s/he was also the one who sent the dog. 

I always like Mona, but I don't like this Mona storyline. It seems so... high school, which would be appropriate, but not on the same show where people are killed, almost killed, and/or framed for murder. I mean compared to that, what does Mona's Army of misfits plan to do? Harass Ali in the hallways?

Someone buy me Ali's comforter. I've wanted it since I first saw it in a flashback! Also, Toby's hair looks so much greasier. He doesn't pull off the long hair like Caleb, in my opinion.

I like having Ali back in the open. It's nice to see her have actual scenes in the present instead of just running all the time.

Hanna's underwear line was good but Ashley's "All cheese melts" had me cracking up like a fool.

I hate Ali immediately lying to Hollbrook but he can't buy it, can he? Or I am I just severely underestimating the ineptitude of any law enforcement officer who passes through Rosewood, PA?

• Love 1

Well at least Spencer had the good sense to spend half the episode getting laid, she really IS the smartest Liar.

Heh, it's not like Emily wasn't trying.  Walking Ali's dog, showing up for dinner with Ali (only to get twat-blocked by Hannah), taking Ali's side in their arguments etc. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Haha, I was thinking the same thing about Emily. She really took Ali's side this time around.

Not only is Jason a red herring, but he is already revealed as a red herring - for example, he is shown cleaning his car as if to get rid of evidence, but then again, Mrs D's body was not transported in that car. Also, if he was in NY, he likely couldn't have killed Mrs D (then again, he is Ali's brother, and her powers of bending time and space might run in the family.)

I also thought it was interesting how his reaction to the situation was outrage that they suspected him of kidnapping. Presumably, since that didn't happen, he's not actually responsible for what did happen, unless he thought of that and decided not to be angry for the wrong reason. He sure did look quite different with the hat on, though.

I actually really liked Ali in the hoodie at the end; it was sort of a role reversal, like Mona pointed out. Instead of A being the one hiding and needing to conceal her actions, now it's Ali, hiding in plain sight, unable to do anything or talk to anyone, afraid in the dark. The tone-setting of this show has always been its strong point, even if the plot falls apart after one good tug on any given thread, so I guess we should focus on that?

Edited by DigitalCount
  • Love 3
(edited)
I actually really liked Ali in the hoodie at the end; it was sort of a role reversal, like Mona pointed out. Instead of A being the one hiding and needing to conceal her actions, now it's Ali, hiding in plain sight, unable to do anything or talk to anyone, afraid in the dark. The tone-setting of this show has always been its strong point

So true! Ali in the hoodie was by far my favorite part of a pretty solid episode. It was a little too plot heavy for me and the bonding scene between Emily and Aria wasn't great so not nearly enough to balance it out. If it had aired in s4 I'd have said it was amazing, but I guess the premiere has me spoiled already with all the liars-centric drama and minimum boyfriend drama (which threatened to almost take over the show for a period, imo).

Speaking of which, good Lord Toby, the hair, THE HAIR, please take it away, please! I already saw stills of Caleb and his new duo  and boy will this be a rought season as far as male eye candy is concerned. They keep either killing the men I find attractive (Ian, Wilden) or sending them away for ridiculous amounts of time (Wren, Noel Kahn) to the point I feel this show will slow but surely make me bat for the other team for the sheer need of pretty.

I'm very excited that all signs indicate Ali will be a main character in her own right and her arc is shaping up to be fascinating. I feel the girls and some viewers are not giving proper weight to what she's been through. The girls have plenty of reason to be ambivalent about her so I get that but I appreciate what her father brought to the show; he looked sincerelly horrified as he should. Also, Sasha has been playing Ali as if she's traumatized 9 ways to Sunday which is so important. I also think we won't been seeing crying!Ali anymore after this episode. Girl looked like she was steeling herself for battle.

I was a little frustrated none of the girls spoke up during Ali's very weak lie to Holbrook. Ali rarely does anything for only one reason so I buy that she did it as combination of trying to protect Aria after getting the A message (again, nice one, show, giving the other girls a real motivation to continue to back Ali up), trying to protect her Mom and, personallly, I feel like it's simply easier to cry "Kidnapped!!" than start to attempt to explain what she's been through. I don't think she should have done it but I also believe she literally could not go through with telling the truth there. She's simply that emmotionaly blocked, imo.

I can't see that lie holding out for long at all, though.

I don't fault Aria for freaking out, especially considering the violin stuff (nice touch, show! It's almost like Shauna was a fleshed out character, almost!). But I find she's more interesting freaking out on her lonesome than around the other girls where she just comes off as annoying, for some reason.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 1

Holbrook knows they were in New York, so I doubt he buys it. 

Or, he could buy it..and given what he knows (Ezra was shot, Ali was in the fitzgerald's theatre) he could suspect Ezra as the kidnapper. The show did set that up. 

• Love 1

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this during the episode. No info on IMDB, but I'm assuming he's way too young for me to be looking at...but Sean Faris is still looking quite nice and seems to be continuing his streak as the only good cop in Rosewood. 

Pepe has to be bugged. The animal rescue chick is A! 

I don't necesssarily need a meeting of the PLL's boyfriends club, but Caleb still isn't back? I just want an explanation about where he's been since Ravenswood ended. Hanging out with his dad? Taking a bus tour of Pennsylvania? Talking to more dead people?

I've watched all of PLL in the last four months because I liked Caleb on Ravenswood and wanted to see more of him. Wait, does he think Ali's still dead? They found her alive in the ep where he left for Ravenswood, right? Because I'd be greatly amused by a scene of him thinking he's talking to another ghost when he meets her.

(edited)

About Hanna's future storyline,

I keep looking for signs of her going through a hard patch soon but she's acting incredibly blasé about everything that has been happening in the past couple episodes, including Ali's return. Ali has been acting very un-Ali-like for the most part, though (can you imagine Alison cuddling herself to Heftly!Hanna in fear?), so I'm thinking Ali being back in school and potentially becoming the Queen Bee again might trigger some stuff for Hanna.

I find myself instinctively looking for signs Spencer might have another break down or have some other evil ahead for her. Girl letting herself so vulnerable to Toby makes me extremelly unconfortable and probably always will. Although she held on to some stuff which was interesting.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley

I find myself instinctively looking for signs Spencer might have another break down or have some other evil ahead for her.

I hope not, how many times is the show going to drink from that well?

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this during the episode. No info on IMDB, but I'm assuming he's way too young for me to be looking at...but Sean Faris is still looking quite nice and seems to be continuing his streak as the only good cop in Rosewood. 

Ok since yall said it I'll say it too. I was thinking the same thing! Then I felt like a creeper so I googled his age. Wikipedia says he's 19 so carry on...

(edited)

Good point about Hanna. I hope the one to have a breakdown is Aria: the beginning is already there, and I hope she doesn't just pull through in a couple of episodes. It's high time for to go through shit and they set it up on both Ezria front and A-related front (for freakin' once!). Come on, show, don't shy away from it again!

Ali has been acting very un-Ali-like for the most part.

Very. It's disappointing, really. The show set up Ali to be so awesome, and now she is all unbelievable lies, cowering behind others, teary eyed begging for friendship. I'm hoping at least part of it is an act. I keep having flashes to book!Ali, but that was the twin, so there's that. Ali in a hoodie was awesome (Sasha looks so good. She is 18, btw. Way too young.)

That being said, I liked how Sasha played Ali's reaction to her mother's body: it wasn't blank, but it was ambiguous, and it fit this situation both in not giving us any clues and in Ali herself having a conflicted reaction (that is her mother, but someone who was willing to bury her to protect her killer, but that was someone who knew who the killer was, and she took that secret to her grave, but one less threat to Ali now, or was she?). Once more I wish Keegan Allen were a better actor and/or got off the show, because his TobAy is still the worst example of the show shouting to the peanut tween gallery.

Edited by Crim

I feel the girls and some viewers are not giving proper weight to what she's been through.

I feel like the liars are not giving her enough crap that this is a mess of her own making. Seriously, Alison's bad decisions and awful behaviour got her into this mess and then she chose to leave and stay away, while watching her friends and family grieve for her and being tortured in her place instead. She should be shouting from the rooftops now what happened, tell everyone (not just the admittedly incompetent Rosewood police) about A. This mess is only unresolved because the liars keep lying about every little (and big) thing. And I don't buy for a second that Ali's main reason to lie again was to protect Aria and the liars, she's once again protecting herself above all.

I believe the whole mentions of acting in regards to Ali last episode weren't a coincidence. She's always playing the main character in her own play, she's just changed the story again. 

Keegan Allen really isn't a very good actor, but I do love Troian selling how insanely happy Spencer always is to see him and be with him. So he can stay just for that, the girl could use a little happiness.

• Love 1
I hate Ali immediately lying to Hollbrook but he can't buy it, can he? Or I am I just severely underestimating the ineptitude of any law enforcement officer who passes through Rosewood, PA?

I’m holding out hope that since Hollbrook seems a little more with it and not corrupt that he knows Ali’s story was total BS.  He’ll be my hero if he figures out what a perv Ezra is and is the one to arrest him for having sex with a minor(s).

Or, he could buy it..and given what he knows (Ezra was shot, Ali was in the fitzgerald's theatre) he could suspect Ezra as the kidnapper. The show did set that up.

Oh that would be awesome if he suspected Ezra as the kidnapper and followed him around under surveillance.

• Love 1

He’ll be my hero if he figures out what a perv Ezra is and is the one to arrest him for having sex with a minor(s).

Ezra and Aria weren't illegal (as far as age of consent in the state of Pennsylvania goes) but if he had sex with Alison back when she was 14, that's a different story. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. They seem to be going with the Ezra and Alison Didn't Do It scenario.

Ezra and Aria weren't illegal (as far as age of consent in the state of Pennsylvania goes) but if he had sex with Alison back when she was 14, that's a different story. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. They seem to be going with the Ezra and Alison Didn't Do It scenario

Yes they do seem to be retconning the Ezra/Allie physical involvement, and age of consent might protect him to some degree with Aria, but he's still a teacher who had sex with one of his students--I would think if Hollbrook uncovered that he'd at least bring it to the attention of the principal. Also, Ezra's cameras and filming the girls should certainly fall under some kind of stalking laws should Hollbrook uncover Ezra's lair.