Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E26: Roll With the Punches

druzy
  • Start Topic

Amber travels to LA for a charity boxing event and Andrew motivates her to step in the ring.

Maci takes all the kids to Texas to visit Taylor's family.

Catelynn finally takes steps to work on her marriage with Tyler.

Airs: November 19, 2018

• Love 4

What the fuck is going on with the TM cast and their boxing fantasies?  Farrah, Kail, Javi, and now Amber of all people?  Hoopz would lay them all out in a matter of seconds, including Javi.  They need to limit their fighting to Twitter and reunion shows (where security always steps in before anything really happens).

• Love 9

Ok, so this aired tonight?  And there is 14 posts so far?  I can’t wait to see the ratings. I just realized tonight, have they always aired on Monday nights during NFL season?  If so, well.....that right there shows how much MTV cares about this show.  You don’t go up against MNF (traditionally).  That was a hell of a game tonight, tho!   Seems like the show was a bore. 

• Love 11

It’s obvious that Cheyenne wants to keep Corey on the string but I’d be interested in knowing if he would be such a concerned father if there wasn’t a reality show involved.  

My disdain for Caitlin grows even larger as she watches her husband and child clean the house while she scrolls through her phone and once again announces she’s leaving her child. Whatever April did to you when you were a kid to give you this anxiety is going to be double with little Nova and hers is playing out in front of a national audience.

Bristol- Levi knows all your tricks and he’s not having it. I’m sure dealing with the Palin’s has been hell.

Boy, Jen and Larry have learned to manipulate their on screen personas. So reasonable and long-suffering. Have to say, Maci has adorable kids.

• Love 20

I kept waiting to hear if Amber was going to box with Farrah in a match and was disappointed.

At least Catelynn finally bothered to fill out the couple's questionnaire. Her and Tyler have a long way to go though to work on their marriage.

That was so gross to me when Levi handed Tripp that Carribou meat. I didn't even understanding what they arguing about over the phone.

Bored of Cheyenne's story.

Taylor's family seems really nice. Yeah, that's all I got for Maci's storyline.

• Love 5

Amber- She  did GREAT doing her boxing!  She should keep at it. Those women in the ring were very supportive.  That is the kind of people she needs in her life.

Cate- She is ALREADY planning another COUNSELING retreat!  WTF????

Nova is gonna lose her shit.  This time Cate is taking Tyler with her.

Bristol- What exactly is her storyline?  Baby daddy drama. 

She is from Alaska. Levi and her family still in Alaska.  She is the one that moved away to chase dick and eventually settled in Texas because benefits for VETERANS are great.  She is thinking about her dick and not her son Tripp. Then she has the nerves to complain about Levi not paying for plane tickets! 

I think she has joint custody so that means she stays in Texas with her daughters.

Dakota’s scene was hilarious.  He was about to brush his daughter’s hair and then got cut off.  Scene over.  I bet Dakota started on his September 8th PTSD Loop and MTV finally said.....no more! We already heard it 100 times!

It is cute seeing Tripp with Bristol’s old face.  Bristol’s chin implant makes her look witchy.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, teapot said:

maybe Cate & Ty should just move to fucking Arizona.  that way they'll be right near "treatment" .  they can bring Butch & Sister Amber w/them, and that way Nova can stay w/whichever relative is out of "treatment" at the time.

#problemsolved 

Right!  Those facilities just take her money.  With all the personal attention and ‘scholarships’ for her poor family members they have her hook! They treat her like royalty and just keep her coming back.

I can’t believe this chick is pregnant again.

• Love 10

Amber said the same thing about Matt. “I’ve never had a man who..........”. 

If I was Tripp’s father, I wouldn’t have signed that paper without seeing the whole contract either. That whole thing was stupid, trying to make him the bad guy.

• Love 14

Is there a reason why Cate can’t bring Nova with her??  Farrah takes Sofia everywhere. Two days shouldn’t be bad away from school or maybe look for celebrity work during the weekends. 

I would say maybe not go, but these girls receive super high rates ($20,000-$30,000) to show up at events.  I guess choices!  

Maybe it is the Bipolar illness, but Cate and Amber are so nonchalant about spending time with their daughters.  They are always more like ‘visits’ instead of actual parenting.  24/7 parenting!  

What is going on with Nova?  Every time  we hear Nova I get so happy she is still innocent and oblivious.  She is so dainty and beautiful. 

I still worry because from my days with preschool children, I don’t know if I am buying it. Kids pick up a lot at that tender young age.    Is Nova already adapting to her surroundings?  Her attitude with Cate is more like.....alright mom, whatever.

Leah has changed some, too. Before she used to tell Amber what she wanted to hear.  This season, she looks at Amber like she is a piece of shit.  I think Amber having a new baby and new man clarified things for her.  Leah seems super close with Kristina this season.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

If I was Tripp’s father, I wouldn’t have signed that paper without seeing the whole contract either. That whole thing was stupid, trying to make him the bad guy.

Bristol always has a story for the cameras.   Hahahahah!  Last week, it was the bank account with Dakota.  This week it was the contract. First, she said 2 months.  Then on the phone several weeks.  Then Levi told us 4 days. 

Bristol signed up Tripp for DWTS Jr. in LA taking time away from Levi, too. Then has the nerves to bitch about plane tickets. She is the one globetrotting with the kids.

• Love 16

Why is Cheyenne always yelling?  and why couldn't Zach go w/her when she took Ryder to meet Cory's family?  (because she didn't want him to.  She sweats Cory big-time...are they together now???)

Cate, I'm glad that your issues aren't "dent-ramental."  I'm sure Papa Randy can help you with that.

Bristol, announcing that you're a !  good!  mom! doesn't mean that people are going to just sign documents without reading them;  have we learned nothing from the Guidices??

Amber, you're so tough..."I promised myself I 'd never punch anyone in the face....again."  what a badass, if you got off the couch, you'd be lethal.

I kind of hate them all.  Why can't I quit watching???

• Love 19
3 hours ago, teapot said:

maybe Cate & Ty should just move to fucking Arizona.  that way they'll be right near "treatment" .  they can bring Butch & Sister Amber w/them, and that way Nova can stay w/whichever relative is out of "treatment" at the time.

#problemsolved 

Nah. If they lived in AZ, she'd start going for "treatment" in Maine. 

• Love 23
On 11/19/2018 at 10:43 AM, AirQuotes said:

Those fingernails!  Those sharpened to a point fingernails do not look good.  Sorry but not sorry, that is ugly and it doesn't look good.

I feel like this applies to anything Catelynn wears, literally allll her fashion choices, accessories and styling.

21 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

"It's hard being away from Leah, so we're only going to be in L.A. for a few days."  You never see her when you're ten minutes down the road, so what difference does it make that you're in L.A.?  Besides, nobody is forcing you to be in L.A., so you could just stay in Indiana (and I wish you would because I live in L.A.).

Right? She was on a roll this episode being so painfully lacking in self awareness. Like when she said she doesn’t want to make a fool of herself. Lmao...that ship sailed so long ago she had to be kidding...but she wasn’t. And double HAHA at her saying”it’s hard being away from Leah” as a reason for anything. Again, we’ve all known the truth for so long she had to be kidding. But she wasn’t. 

18 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Tricksy that Bristol is. Only sending the signature page of what I'm sure was a lengthy contract for Tripp's DWTS payment to Levi. I would take my time signing it as well. 

Right?! And Levi knows exactly how the Palins are and isn’t afraid to fuck back. She’s stupid for trying to make him look bad for that.

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yep. Matt was flawless until he wasn’t. That’s how it goes with borderline personality disorder generally. I wonder when Andrew will fall off the pedestal.

1 hour ago, teapot said:

I kind of hate them all.  Why can't I quit watching???

This is the eternal question for me and has been since the beginning. 

• Love 12

What does Catelynn say at these adoption things? ‘Choose adoption and you can be like me - running off to “rehab” to deal with trauma (much of it from the adoption itself) while ignoring the child you’re actually supposed to be raising even more than you already do when you’re at home! I forever dwell on the child I placed for adoption to an unhealthy level even 10 years later at the expense of the child I am supposed to be parenting! I antagonize and overstep all boundaries with the people I chose to adopt my child all while resenting and shit talking them for not letting me overstep even more and spreading all the info I can on TV even though they’ve asked me not to.’ What a wonderful spokesperson for adoption. I’m sure there are a million people out there with healthy, functional adoption stories that would be way better for that type of thing. And her story has been out there for 10+ years - so what the hell is her draw? Especially seeing how they’ve done nothing they said they were going to do when they chose to place Carly and how much they (mostly Catelynn) have neglected Nova. 

I know Catelynn’s earning money going on this adoption show but there’s no fucking reason she had to go off and do it. She is clearly a terrible example of adoption gone well for one thing. Not to mention they KNOW Nova is traumatized by Catelynn being gone so much but still, Catelynn goes. What the fuck. She has to run off to rehab for anxiety and can’t deal with her normal life despite what it’s doing to her child but is fine to go to this adoption thing and speak? Seriously? And why couldn’t Nova go with her? If anything Tyler could’ve gone with too to watch her while Catelynn was busy or April could’ve or a random friend. But no, go ahead and cause Nova more pain and damage you asshole. And how much did she get paid? I’m going with $10k max. And she blows more than that on buying horses and pigs so it’s not like they needed the money so she had to go to support them. It was just another excuse to get away from her kid. And they’re leaving again???? Why the fuck are they having another kid???!!!!

I spent so long disliking Amber the most that just how selfish and insufferable Catelynn has become kinda slipped through the cracks. Has anyone told Catelynn that SOME anxiety is part of life and necessary? She seems to think that life should be 100% stress free and perfect. For herself, (fuck Nova, the 3? year old and whatever 100% unnecessary and avoidable stress and anxiety she’s feeling, during the one time in her life she shouldn’t have to feel any) anyway.

When Catelynn said she was sure Tyler was  happy with “some things” and he paused and then said yeah, he was totally thinking “yeah, I’m happy with MYSELF.” 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 24
On 11/19/2018 at 9:35 PM, Brooklynista said:

Tricksy that Bristol is. Only sending the signature page of what I'm sure was a lengthy contract for Tripp's DWTS payment to Levi. I would take my time signing it as well. 

Is that what she did? sneaky sneaky. I admit I don't pay attention like I used to. 

😂Oh Amber, she really thinks she's a badass.

Krav Maga 🤣 those words omg. Will always make me think of Amber.

Catelyn doesn't want to face the truth about her marriage.  It's in trouble.  She and Tyler know it. I'm glad they did the smart thing,  added another child, yep that will fix it.🤨

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 16

I couldn't agree with you more, Rebecca.  It just appalls me that after all that ongoing adoption angst over Carly, Cate could seem to care less about Nova's emotional well-being.   I really question whether she has an emotional bond with that child.  Instead of going to all of her "trauma resorts" she should be going to parenting classes or engage in some counseling around how to be a more responsive, caring mother.  And now that this new baby is a girl...when she proclaimed in the press that she so wanted a boy...I have a feeling the same dynamic is going to play out all over again.  Poor kids.

Edited by A-Lo
  • Love 12

Good for Amber for getting up, but how in the hell was anything about that a "charity event"? I wouldn't mind seeing the blonde boxer again. I dug her style. The other lady's eyebrows frightened me. 

I didn't finish watching (switched to the awesome MNF football game), so I didn't see Catelynn planning a couple's retreat with Tyler. For fuck's sake, these MORONS! How does she go from taking 11 weeks to fill out a 2 page questionnaire, to suddenly planning another trip to the spa with Tyler? How about they attempt to go somewhere close to home that isn't a picnic bench restaurant that serves chicken tenders?!  They could maybe spend a day at a park, go see a movie, fly to Chicago for the day to see the sights, and then back home again the SAME DAY! They've already literally done the show COUPLE'S THERAPY, and she has been to Arizona 27 times now in the past year. QUIT WITH THE AZ TRIPS WITHOUT YOUR CHILD YOU AWFUL COW!!!! Your husband straight up said you repulse him. Try being non repulsive in Michigan YOU AWFUL COW!!  

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I didn't finish watching (switched to the awesome MNF football game), so I didn't see Catelynn planning a couple's retreat with Tyler. 

Here's the scene

I thought both Cate and Tyler's therapist were working together. Why do they need to go to Arizona? I know it looks like it's a clip about Amber but it's not.

• Love 2

Thanks @druzy!!! OMG, could she BE any more of a lump on that chair? She's so lazy, I almost felt as though it was taking effort on her part to even speak! "Part my lips you say? Is there a 7 lb quesadilla? Oh, no. I shall not part my lips then." Tyler needs to quit letting her get away with her bullshit, especially the "leaving their child" part of the bullshit. When he said he's sick of the talk & wants more of "the walk" & she asked what that means? I said "Get up for starters, and maybe actually LITERALLY attempt to walk YOU AWFUL COW!!!". 

• Love 14
20 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

And then slamming him on national TV about how he's had the contract for weeks now, when really he'd only had it a few days because she'd originally sent that signature sheet by itself.  Thank you MTV, for airing the convo with Levi that revealed the truth.  I don't know if he's an asshole or not, but she sure is. 

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 20

I just watched that clip.  Ugh!

The good thing is that Carly is still here. She didn’t pass away.   She was adopted. They know where she lives.  It won’t be long for them to reconnect. 8 more years! 

BECAUSE, we all know this bitch doesn’t want to parent 24/7!  

Cate is unfit to even raise that pathetic looking apple tree. (What was that, anyways?)  Why was Nova crawling on that counter like that?

These Couples Counseling retreats are a joke.  They left their daughter.....AGAIN....to go make another baby! 

Yea, Amber did the same.  Went to couples counseling with Matt and came back pregnant by another dude. They are still hitting in raw.  Amber took that pregnancy test. 

FFS! They need to prescribe Cate some Adderall. She needs some energy!  Lose some weight. Wash herself. Wake up her brain! 

Don’t they have a home business?  Tierra Reign clothes?  What about remodeling  the White House they bought last season? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Good for Amber for getting up, but how in the hell was anything about that a "charity event"? I wouldn't mind seeing the blonde boxer again. I dug her style. The other lady's eyebrows frightened me. 

I think it was a fitness camp for kids to help them with their self esteem, etc. 

Then Amber showed up and said.  I am Bipolar, Bordeline and just had a baby 4 months ago. BTW, these cameras are my TV show....Teen Mom.  I have another kid but lost custody.  This is why she is not here to share this proud moment!

For what it is worth, when Leah was a baby and before she went to jail Amber did Krav Maga.  This is how she lost her baby weight....that and taking lots of drugs.  This was the time when she used to beat on Gary in front of the MTV cameras and even called him a Fat Fuck.

I think this is the situation Amber  was referring when she said she would never punch anyone in the head again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dance4Life said:

I just watched that clip.  Ugh!

The good thing is that Carly is still here. She didn’t pass away.   She was adopted. They know where she lives.  It won’t be long for them to reconnect. 8 more years! 

Who says she will want to have anything to do with them even once she’s 18? She’s going to see and hear all the shit they’ve said about her parents and all the trashy things they’ve done, not to mention the whole family. She will also see how they raised Nova. She will be able to see so much and little of it is flattering. And she might just not care that they are biologically related to her, some adopted people never care to have a relationship with their birth parents. And she doesn’t have to wonder anything about them or contact them to learn things about them because they’ve let mtv film it all for a decade at least. I know catelynn and Tyler think she will come running to them but I’m not so sure. Maybe watching all the footage will be enough.

• Love 13

I stopped watching this crap for a while because frankly, I was busy and forgot about these people. I watched Unexpected on TLC -  different girls but similar stories of little or no education,  poverty, 2nd babies, family drama, drugs, etc. I caught up on Teen Mom over the weekend and it's like time stands still for this crew. Literally the same stories as last year, esp for Maci. She appears to be developing a double chin so maybe putting on some weight. Taylor would be cute w/o that stupid beard. His family seemed fine but I cringed at Maci, Taylor and Taylor's dad all wearing TTM shirts. So dumb.

Good for Amber for getting up off the couch finally. The boxing event had only like 10 people but that's OK. I bet Amber felt better than she has in ages after those few punches. See, Cate, physical activity is very good !

I hate saying this but Cate is just such a nothing person. She sits around all day long, for years on end, no progress in any area of her life. Zip.

Who the h is Cheyenne  ? Besides TM, what is her claim to fame ?  I googled her and she had her baby at 24. Why is she on TM ?

I dont care about Bristol.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Who says she will want to have anything to do with them even once she’s 18? She’s going to see and hear all the shit they’ve said about her parents and all the trashy things they’ve done, not to mention the whole family. She will also see how they raised Nova. She will be able to see so much and little of it is flattering. And she might just not care that they are biologically related to her, some adopted people never care to have a relationship with their birth parents. And she doesn’t have to wonder anything about them or contact them to learn things about them because they’ve let mtv film it all for a decade at least. I know catelynn and Tyler think she will come running to them but I’m not so sure. Maybe watching all the footage will be enough.

Totally agree. They are fuck-ups!  But, they are not bad people.  They genuinely love Carly. They just lack life coping skills because of their mental illnesses and upbringing.  Which frustrates us watching the show.  We want to see them succeed and doing fun things.  All this moaning is not for entertainment.

Carly  has their DNA.  Both parents have a tremendous amount of addiction and mental disorder in their families.  Both also have big hearts and mean well.  If they stay together until Carly is 18 it will be a plus. They also grew up seeing her with their open adoption process. Carly knows about Nova.  It is not like other adoptions.

I say, Carly will be a sympathizer. Hopefully, she will stay neutral to both set of parents.

It is best for everyone.  Carly doesn’t need to be a hater.  She has the power to heal her birth parents.  

Hopefully,  Cate and Tyler  will not cross boundaries and expect more than Carly is willing to give.

I am hoping for a happy ending!

• Love 4

So Caitlyn just picks up and leaves again. Seriously? Tyler doesn’t work! Would it have been so hard to bring them with her? Why couldn’t she just bring nova with her? She really is a selfish bitch. How could she leave that kid again! Leave Tyler with all that shit to deal with? Mess her kid up emotionally over an “adoption talk”

bring your fucking kid with you! You have enough money to hire a sitter while your “working” or does that cut into her “Netflix” time? 

• Love 12

I think the show Catelynn was taping was the 20/20 "What Would You Do?" special from a few months ago.  The outfit she was wearing the phone call to Tyler scene was the same denim suit she wore on 20/20.  She really had nothing to add to segment she participated in on 20/20.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, teapot said:

Amber, you're so tough..."I promised myself I 'd never punch anyone in the face....again."  what a badass, if you got off the couch, you'd be lethal.

This!👏🏻Is👏🏻Everything!👏🏻

I am roaring over here. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, druzy said:

I don't think Carly has the power, nor responsibility, to heal Cate and Tyler. Cate and Tyler are responsible to heal themselves.

Cate and Tyler have already crossed boundaries with Carly.

I am thinking in 8+ years from now and about adoption.  Not necessarily all the stupid stuff we snark on here that airs on the show.

It was posted that Carly might not want to reconnect with Cate and Tyler because they are messed up. They are not raising Nova right.  This is all true.  It also validates the adoption.  She wasn’t given up on a whim but because they wanted the best for her.  Carly will see all the bad stuff along with the good stuff.  They never forgot her.  Talked about her.  And, regretted giving her up.  Most importantly, visited her when they were allowed. They love   Carly.

I agree, with the adoption closing now because   Cate and Tyler keep crossing boundaries. Teen Mom is here to stay a little while longer. Nobody thought that would happen! Carly doesn’t need to be part of that.

Seems like Nova has helped Tyler moved on. I think he understands now wanting to protect your child.   Catelynn is still struggling. Probably because she carried her.  Healing starts with forgiveness.  She is going to need that from  Carly.  Carly might need the same from her birth parents.

I knew some people that were adopted and their birth parents rejected them. What they had in common was that they drank a lot.  This is when I was in college.

I have known 5 people with bipolar illness and they have all committed suicide.  Gun shot to the head.  One actually survived the shot.  But,  died 2 years later.

I know this is a little deeper than my usual snarky posts.

I really want a happy ending to this adoption and bipolar illness story.

• Love 2