Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/19/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, ChicagoCita said:

What is WW? 

Wendy Williams I'm guessing. I've heard that people have to send in photos when requesting tickets for her show. That Oprah story you shared is crazy!

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Even when Joy had her show on Current TV, which had people from different political and religious worlds interacting, I can't remember anyone getting worked up anywhere near the way Meghan is on The View. Intense, maybe, at times. But mostly, it was fun, it was thought-provoking. She had the execrable Boris Epshteyn on regularly and even then no one took it as seriously -- or PERSONALLY -- as Meghan seems to take things on The View.

I remember specifically Joy had Ann Coulter on many a time, and they acted like old friends, so much so that Ann was I think her final guest on the last show where she told Joy: "Yours is the only show I can bear watching at the moment", and Joy ended with a sincere invitation: "Wherever I end up after this, you'll be there too".* Meghan is just so tightly wound into her "winners vs losers" narrative that she can't even wait for someone to finish what they're saying and try to understand it, instead she immediately goes on the defense, assuming everyone is out to get her.

I notice she does this even with people meant to be on "her side" like Abby. Abby will be saying: "I actually agree with Meghan where she says..." and the camera will cut to Meghan staring at Abby with that suspicious, basilisk stare of hers. I remember her doing that to Sara too when Sara was agreeing with her.

*Personally I find Coulter awful, but have always noticed a weird respect between her and Joy. Joy is sometimes the only person on the panel of The View that she seems to enjoy talking to, even brushing off folk like Hasselbeck who's meant to be closer in political views to her, just to get back to talking to Joy. I find it intriguing.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

OH, please tell me that Nutmeg does not look skinny!  I know they say the camera adds 10 pounds, but in her case that would have to be more like 50. 

Was her screeching as evident in person as it is on TV? 

I'm trying to figure out what happens to them during a segment that would necessitate slapping on even more makeup during commercial breaks.  That part was an eye-opener.  They must have to sandblast that stuff off at the end of the day.

Well like I said her back side is wide and she is top heavy for sure.  

The bra she was wearing underneath was on tight because It left some lumping. Megan needed extra makeup between breaks because  every time she stormed off backstage she cried. Then she came back on you could tell she needed a touch up. She didn’t screeched too much once Whoopi shut her down but her voice is extra annoying to hear in person. 

• Love 16
19 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

during each commercial break during todays show.. starting with the first one (NutMeg stormed off the set in tears after arguing some more with Whoopi pointing fingers etc ) then after each break storming off teary-eyed and pissy. 

Why isn't anyone in the audience recording this and sending it to TMZ? This needs to go viral.

I doubt this is first time Meghan has had a temper tantrum and stormed off the set!

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Why isn't anyone in the audience recording this and sending it to TMZ? This needs to go viral.

I doubt this is first time Meghan has had a temper tantrum and stormed off the set!

I'm surprised TMZ or some other outlet hasn't sent in a reporter or source.  

We all knew Meghan was a spoiled brat but yesterday's behavior when the camera was off just confirms it.

• Love 16

I have seen Megan on other shows through the years and she didn’t seem quite as unlikeable.  It seems like she is angry and really doesn’t enjoy her job.  

Joy said her menopause lasted 20 years.  That can’t be right.  Dear Lord.  Is there nothing to look forward to ?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

The show really took care of us and we had a comfortable area to wait in with 2 large TVs playing ABC of course and a Starbucks. They’re very organized. I spotted myself I believe 4x! Lol I’m right behind NutMeg’s Head especially after Joy said Trump lost the House and Megan snottily replied back right before they went to break. 

This was a special outing for me because I broke my left wrist back in August due to a nasty fall. I’m in intensive rehab due to a setback  and pain...it was plunged me into a deep state of depression and to make matters worse I’m  going through horrible  peri menopause At 45 years old.... so today’s discussion about it I could definitely relate to Joy was saying.   I needed a good distraction. Crybaby McCain!  

Thank you, thank you.

We appreciate your recap! I saw you 😄 I rewatched just to see if I could spot you. I feel you on peri menopausal at 45 me too. Ugh . Wishing you a good recovery and success in the rehabilitation. 

You pointed out that Abby didn't go to MM side. I have a very strong feeling these tantrums are an everyday thing with Meggie the others are over them and I could see Meghan lashing out if people try to comfort her. I'd keep my butt seated next to Joy too 😊.

Watching MSNBC yesterday and I heard a few people that Trumps base isn't as important as the were or perceived to be pre election 😂 and that explains Joy not letting  Meghan change the subject about the correspondent dinner to Trumps base being upset. Meggie being in politics know this as well.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I've been thinking this for a few weeks.  Maybe she always had a little belly...or maybe it's left from Baby #1.  We shall see.

I’ve been noticing how she seems to be hiding/covering up her belly when she enters and also seems to put her hands on her belly the way pregnant women do.  Her top yesterday was gathered in the front, a style that would only flatter a pregnant belly.

• Love 12

Because I like y'all, I won't add any of the emojis my fingers are tempted to insert, when I say: I told you so! I, for one, didn't believe Meghan was changing; that she could change. Hell, I even said in the other week's thread to give it a couple of days and she'd be back to her screeching self.

And I don't think the cause for her perpetual and continued anger is grief. She's been this way since the day she showed up.

I fast forwarded the entire show last night because I wanted to see Candice Bergen. I love that woman. And maybe it's exhaustion, I don't know, but asking Candice how it felt to be the FIRST WOMAN to host SNL, or any of the questions Abby posed to her, as if this was the first time ever that Candice was on this show-so eye-roll worthy. It's like reporters asking Nora Roberts how she got started writing, over and over again whenever they interview her, when the story has been out there for YEARS. It's lazy.

Oh please spare me, Meghan, with your "we can handle it" to Candice about Murphy Brown mocking this show. Because for one, your fat ass wasn't on during the time that Miles admitted he went there. But Joy was. She was the ONLY one from the current panel that was. And Joy was laughing good-naturedly about it. It's my hope we get another season, the revival is that good. Plus, that twat has proven she can't handle any criticism or mocking, be it serious or satirical.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Phones/cameras are FORBIDDEN in the studio.  They have spotters checking, and if they see you with them out, they will ask you to leave.  IIRC, they're were a couple times during break when they'd allow for some pics to be taken.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Phones/cameras are FORBIDDEN in the studio.  They have spotters checking, and if they see you with them out, they will ask you to leave.

That makes sense.  I would have loved to see Meghan storm off the set!!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Joy said her menopause lasted 20 years.  That can’t be right.  Dear Lord.  Is there nothing to look forward to ?

From the Harvard Medical School Harvard Health Letter:  "A 2015 study of over 3,000 women from all over the United States reported that among women who began to experience hot flashes before their menstrual periods stopped, the hot flashes persisted in nearly 70% of them 12 years after menopause. And here's an anecdote: I recently received a letter in which a woman asked what could be done for her hot flashes, which continued to plague her—at age 92!"

• Love 11

you all know I've been stalking the hell out of the View ticket site, so I can go Dec 17.  I emailed the View yesterday, (not the one iota ticket place) and they just responded. 

Here is the cut and paste.  Also, my name isn't Pam.  hahahaha

Hi Pam, 

Thank you for your email! Unfortunately we aren't tapping Dec 17th The View we will be back live January 2019. 

Thanks, 

View Audience 

• Love 9

Megan is very subdued and sad today. I wonder if she was taken to the task behind the scenes for her bad attitude yesterday.

@Wonderwuman73, I cannot thank you enough for giving us the tea on Nutmeg.. What a big baby! I am happy that it is Whoopie who is giving her the business. 

What is there left to say about Khashoggi's brutal murder that our President has dismissed as no big deal.  I am no longer shocked or appalled by anything coming from the White House. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is very subdued and sad today. I wonder if she was taken to the task behind the scenes for her bad attitude yesterday.

Especially during the first segment. She seemed like she was on the verge of tears.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Especially during the first segment. She seemed like she was on the verge of tears.

Too bad we don't have a reporter available in the audience...to tell us what happens on breaks. 

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think she was tranquilized.  They probably shot her with a dart when she arrived to the parking lot this morning.  Squirrels would have been the only witnesses and they ain't talking.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because I like y'all, I won't add any of the emojis my fingers are tempted to insert, when I say: I told you so! I, for one, didn't believe Meghan was changing; that she could change. Hell, I even said in the other week's thread to give it a couple of days and she'd be back to her screeching self.

And I don't think the cause for her perpetual and continued anger is grief. She's been this way since the day she showed up.

I fast forwarded the entire show last night because I wanted to see Candice Bergen. I love that woman. And maybe it's exhaustion, I don't know, but asking Candice how it felt to be the FIRST WOMAN to host SNL, or any of the questions Abby posed to her, as if this was the first time ever that Candice was on this show-so eye-roll worthy. It's like reporters asking Nora Roberts how she got started writing, over and over again whenever they interview her, when the story has been out there for YEARS. It's lazy.

I also adore Candace.   Her answer about Drew Barrymore was cute and should have been enough.  I don’t know why Abby asked it again. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I also adore Candace.   Her answer about Drew Barrymore was cute and should have been enough.  I don’t know why Abby asked it again. 

3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I think that perhaps after Megs temper tantrum it just threw the rest of the show into a tailspin. I was embarrassed for Ms Bergen to have to go out there. Its a shame they allow Meggie to continually do this. 

Edited by rickhurst3186
Spelling
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

This was a special outing for me because I broke my left wrist back in August due to a nasty fall. I’m in intensive rehab due to a setback  and pain...it was plunged me into a deep state of depression and to make matters worse I’m  going through horrible  peri menopause At 45 years old.... so today’s discussion about it I could definitely relate to Joy was saying.   I needed a good distraction. Crybaby McCain!  

Oh, I'm so glad you had such a good time!!

Even happier that you were there for a Meghan meltdown!

• Love 9

Minority Opinion:   I do NOT like Kristin Chenoweth.   I admire her talent and am fine seeing her singing performances.   Is there something in her contract on interview programs where the host(s) are required to mention (more than once) how TINY she is?  Then she must also comment about how TINY she is (today she needed "a pillow" to sit on)?  It has happened every time I've seen her for years!   Somehow her annoying/needy personality also comes across when she has parts to play on television.  I'd pay to see her perform onstage...as long as someone would promise that she wouldn't come out and speak to the audience as her tiny self.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 15

I wonder if Meghan got a talking to her for her antics yesterday or if her subdued nature was more to do with the fact that the topics today. For the first time, Meghan admitted that the shift she's seeing, confirmed through Trump's statements about Saudi yesterday, makes her feel unsafe. The other women have been saying this and she laughed it off and dismissed it and maybe this situation is weighing heavy on her and had an affect on her demeanor today. I will say, the world would be a better place if we didn't have to wait until certain issues reach us at our doorstep before we realize that these issues people have been speaking out against and wanting change on are in fact real things. Just because it doesn't affect us on an individual level shouldn't mean that we shouldn't care about those things and work with those being personally impact to affect positive change. She was pleasant today and given that I'm often critical of her behaviour on the show, I feel it's fair for me to acknowledge when she goes through an entire show being fun and/or professional.

The first segment was depressing and truly disgusted me. I appreciated all of the commentary by the women on this matter because they didn't just share an opinion, but they provided context for it. Joy stating oil statistics and then questioning why Trump is thanking Saudi for oil when so little oil is actually provided by Saudi. Meghan sharing Rubio's comments that acknowledge that rebel extremists groups have been formed in response to people of power that keep that power through the help of America who enable their stay in power. I would say that Abby should have also mentioned that Trump's comments came before he was to have his official debrief with Intelligence on their findings which begs the question whether their findings would have matter at all.

No matter what happened today - Michael B. Jordan would make it all worth it and he did. His smile is just dreamy. Also, is it the cameras or Whoopi's eyes...because she described the woman in the red but I swear it looked like she was wearing pink.

• Love 12

I didn’t mind Kristin today but most times I find her very annoying.  The thanksgiving show does look good though   

Forgot to mention I didn’t think the ladies liked the view joke on Murphy Brown when it first aired.   They should have left that clip out of the interview.  

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I didn’t mind Kristin today but most times I find her very annoying.  The thanksgiving show does look good though   

Forgot to mention I didn’t think the ladies liked the view joke on Murphy Brown when it first aired.   They should have left that clip out of the interview.  

I think they loved it.  Joy was doing an evil laugh.  I know that laugh.  I do that laugh.  

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I wonder if Meghan got a talking to her for her antics yesterday or if her subdued nature was more to do with the fact that the topics today. For the first time, Meghan admitted that the shift she's seeing, confirmed through Trump's statements about Saudi yesterday, makes her feel unsafe. The other women have been saying this and she laughed it off and dismissed it and maybe this situation is weighing heavy on her and had an affect on her demeanor today. I will say, the world would be a better place if we didn't have to wait until certain issues reach us at our doorstep before we realize that these issues people have been speaking out against and wanting change on are in fact real things. Just because it doesn't affect us on an individual level shouldn't mean that we shouldn't care about those things and work with those being personally impact to affect positive change. She was pleasant today and given that I'm often critical of her behaviour on the show, I feel it's fair for me to acknowledge when she goes through an entire show being fun and/or professional.

The first segment was depressing and truly disgusted me. I appreciated all of the commentary by the women on this matter because they didn't just share an opinion, but they provided context for it. Joy stating oil statistics and then questioning why Trump is thanking Saudi for oil when so little oil is actually provided by Saudi. Meghan sharing Rubio's comments that acknowledge that rebel extremists groups have been formed in response to people of power that keep that power through the help of America who enable their stay in power. I would say that Abby should have also mentioned that Trump's comments came before he was to have his official debrief with Intelligence on their findings which begs the question whether their findings would have matter at all.

No matter what happened today - Michael B. Jordan would make it all worth it and he did. His smile is just dreamy. Also, is it the cameras or Whoopi's eyes...because she described the woman in the red but I swear it looked like she was wearing pink.

Plus,  Sunny said that the emolument clause forbids the President from lining his pockets to the detriment of the country. Politicians do that in Banana Republics.  In our country, you go into the government to serve the people's interest, full stop. If you want to make money, you go into the private sector and not the government.  

• Love 23
9 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I think they loved it.  Joy was doing an evil laugh.  I know that laugh.  I do that laugh.  

They showed that clip twice.   Once after it first aired and they all said something about being friends.  A second time with the Candace interview.   They all had different reactions with the actors there.  It seemed uncomfortable and fake JMHO 

29 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I noticed Joy shared a smirk with Whoopi as if they were thinking (about) the same thing/person.

Maybe it's my UO but I adore Kristen Chenowith-- her spunk, her voice, her kindness. I also love Michael B Jordan. When he was a kid I used to want to adopt his character on FNL, but now that he's all grown up?  😊  He seems like a really nice guy which makes him even more attractive. 

Maybe everyone was playing nice today because they so upset the Princess yesterday. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Jewell2 said:

Meghan treats her role on the View as if she is our teacher.   I’m sure she is there to educate us all about the view from the right.  But I can’t help but be irritated when she acts as if she telling us something we don’t know. “There is a tectonic shift in the way the world sees us. I hate to tell you all this the day before Thanksgiving “ - like she’s delivering bad news that we were unaware of.  We’ve been painfully aware!!

Sometimes I think Meghan and Abby spend too much time explaining/teaching other people's Views instead of just saying what their own are. 

• Love 19

I know how it feels around the holidays right after losing a loved one. Meghan is highstrung and grieving. I don't agree with her political views except when she references her father because I respect military veterans. I think she needs to leave this stressful show as many before her have. She does do it to herself most of the time but as Rosie once said when she left "It's not a good fit."

• Love 14
1 hour ago, telemachus2 said:

Haven't watched today's show yet ,but just wanted to note that it was refreshing to see Candace Bergen actually shake hands to greet the 2 panelists she hadn't previously met, rather than Hollywood Hugging everybody! Class. JMO.

I agree.  I'm not a hugger and I'm germ-phobic besides, so it annoys me like crazy when people I barely know, and sometime people I've just met, lean in for the obligatory hug.  Of course I have to reciprocate and hug back.  I hate it.

Haven't seen today's show yet and only half of yesterday's.  I've still got a couple of shows from last week to watch.  I like Candice and Kristin, so looking forward to that. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

They showed that clip twice.   Once after it first aired and they all said something about being friends.  A second time with the Candace interview.   They all had different reactions with the actors there.  It seemed uncomfortable and fake JMHO 

If it felt uncomfortable, then maybe the ones feeling the discomfort thought it hit close to home because of how some on the current panel act; because aside from Joy, NONE of the current panel was on this show during the time that Miles decided to work there. And it's Candice.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, rcc said:

I know how it feels around the holidays right after losing a loved one. Meghan is highstrung and grieving. I don't agree with her political views except when she references her father because I respect military veterans. I think she needs to leave this stressful show as many before her have. She does do it to herself most of the time but as Rosie once said when she left "It's not a good fit."

But, it is also her 1year wedding anniversary. If that doesn't make her happy then that marriage is doomed. 

Edited by rickhurst3186
Correction
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, rcc said:

That's a good point. The first of each holiday after losing a parent is hard. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

NONE of the current panel was on this show during the time that Miles decided to work there. And it's Candice.

Murphy Brown is fiction.  Miles (a fictional character) didn't really work there.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Jaded said:

Wendy Williams I'm guessing. I've heard that people have to send in photos when requesting tickets for her show. That Oprah story you shared is crazy!

That Oprah story might sound crazy, but I have first-hand knowledge of what paper can do.  My husband and I were at a concert featuring YoYo Ma.  And my husband pulled his M&Ms out of his pocket and started to tear the bag open.  It was excruciating, the sound as well as everyone looking at us.  He knows better but thought he could sneak it in.

• Love 6