Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Confessions

The kids would be better off raised by wolves.

Or circus monkeys. :)

In my newest edition of TV Guide, there's a story about Tori's new show. I just can't look at the photos of her without thinking of this show, and there's no way I'll waste a minute watching it. I feel sorry for Jenni Garth, getting stuck with her. Watching that show would bring back memories of this one, and I'm still trying to mind cleanse.

• Love 2

I just can't quit this nightmare, thank God this was the last installment. (It's over now, right????)

Let's dissect, shall we? 

I find it hilarious that Tori won't reveal what these "adventurous" things her and Dean were doing (which I'm now convinced involved barnyard animals - that's why they had so many over the years, right?) because "a lady never tells". Oh, but a lady DOES tell about a tattoo right above her husband's "pubes" (her words, not mine). A LADY puts her entire relationship on tv for the world, including exploiting the tough time her kids are going through? If that's a lady I must be the lowest gutter wench. 

Oh, oh, oh! So the scrapbooking meltdown was actually a couple of hours??? Please tell me one of the host of nannies was also there at the time. Please tell me someone took the kids out of the house during all that, or at least into the backyard. Because if they really were shouting and sobbing and generally carrying on for HOURS while the kids just ambled around the house unsupervised.....there's some real negligence going on there.

I found it interesting that Tori said Dean made her father's death all about him and she felt like she couldn't even grieve. I'm not saying Tori is the most empathetic, selfless being on the earth (far from it), but we HAVE seen that a lot with Dean, turning things around and making them about him. Just like with his "suicide attempt". I may be cold-hearted, but I don't believe for one minute that was genuine. No. He was trapped, caught, exposed - and instead of facing it like a man and truly hearing what he had put his wife through, he decides to deflect from all that by making everyone suddenly very concerned for his well being. He's rushed into treatment and it's all about him "getting better". And Tori feels she has to walk on eggshells around him because he might become unhinged again. I really do think he is a master manipulator. 

Not that I feel sorry for her exactly, you reap what you sow. But he makes me ill as well. 

I think the most real moment on this entire show was when Dean stormed off camera, probably forgot about being micced, and told the producer she was "controlling" and "I don't think I want to be in this marriage anymore". That would stick with me and bother me as well. 

Oh, most laughable moment? Tori saying she still believes Dean is her soulmate because they have kids together. HA! I'm sure many single parents out there would beg to disagree. 

You know, it really annoys me how put out she was acting about him going back up to film Chopped Canada. She's all, "Well, it's back to being a single mom again" - wah, wah, wah. In reality, isn't SHE due to start filming HER show right around that same time? So yea, I get that there was a major crisis in the relationship and it's kind of hard to keep the momentum of fixing things when your husband leaves the country. But it's not like YOU are going to be available for all these extended therapy sessions and chats and dates, etc. etc. No. I don't think that's it at all. I think she just wanted to make him pay and try to control him like she always does. I think she would have loved it if she was on the set with Jennie Garth every day, and she knew he was at the house with all four kids and couldn't get into anymore trouble (which, of course, is an erroneous belief in this technological age). She wants the upper hand. But oh well. This is the life you lead. You were both "actors" (I use that term VERY loosely) before the kids, and if you can keep taking jobs after, so can he. Hey, someone's got to put food on the table and pay for the retinue of nannies. 

In short, their both fucked and this has got to be one of the more dysfunctional relationships I've ever seen and I seriously worry for their children. 

• Love 9
(edited)

That link above (detailing the lavish $6,000 bday party) left me wondering for the millionth time WHY Tori has that weird semi-circular space between her boobs.  It's so weird.  I've been absolutely horrified/amazed by that since she was on 90201.

I don't want to defend Tori (she's truly a piece of work) but two things stand out to me:

Regarding the birthday party for Stella---chances are the Spa comped most of the services for free publicity.  She does post all the photos on her blog.....

When it came to her bitching that Dean didn't allow her to grieve for her father, I found that truly SUSPICIOUS.  

Dean knew the old guy was on his last legs and he saw dollar signs.  "Making it all about him" was his way of laying the evidence so it appeared that he was SO UPSET that he didn't get to know Aaron Spelling BETTER.   If anyone suggested he was a big gold digger, Tori would hopefully say "OH NO, he was SO upset he didn't get to know dear old DAD better"..(PUH-LEEZE!)

Instead of Tori seeing that for what it was, she recognized it as him not allowing her to grieve.   Wow....could she be MORE stupid?  I would have sniffed that out and dumped has ratty ass, pronto.

My take on the entire marriage:   Dean thought he was coming into BIG ASS money and married his "soulmate" (barf).  When the money didn't happen, he coasted through the marriage (doing all those stupid things like racing,etc.), she realized he wasn't that "into" her and had four kids to seal the deal.  He eventually needed some strange and figured that he wouldn't get caught (since it was Canada and all) ....I suspect he's probably been cheating the entire marriage....the four kids keep him with her....

Tori crying about her book being number one on the NY Times Bestseller list made me laugh....that wouldn't have affected Dean--his first wife carried him, too.  I didn't even know who he was, until it was reported he was the husband of Mary Jo Eustace.   I mean, he was a two-bit nothing that no one in Canada (and certainly not in the US) would have recognized walking down the street before he met Tori.  He's always aligned himself with wives that he thought would help advance his career.    

Mr. and Mrs. Douche McDermott...

Edited by Teena
  • Love 6
(edited)

My take on the entire marriage: Dean thought he was coming into BIG ASS money and married his "soulmate" (barf). When the money didn't happen, he coasted through the marriage (doing all those stupid things like racing,etc.), she realized he wasn't that "into" her and had four kids to seal the deal. He eventually needed some strange and figured that he wouldn't get caught (since it was Canada and all) ....I suspect he's probably been cheating the entire marriage....the four kids keep him with her....

They could have saved the airtime for some other show and just posted a screen shot of this. End of story.

If Dean had jumped out the window, my only prayer is that he'd have taken Tori and that fake doctor with him. Do the world a favor.

OK, loading up the bus to Hell, who's with me? :)

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 7

I love this forum! People who hate this show as much as I do, yet can't look away. Every time I watch I think "I just wasted an hour".

I'm on your bus with you, I'll drive actually! When Douche talks about jumping out the window, I think "Do it!! And take Crazy Tori and "Dr" Quackxler with you!"

These people are such train wrecks. I want to puke every time she says "soul mate". Don't take a shot every time she utters those BS words (or "fairytale") you will be passed out drunk by the end of the first segment. Although that may be better than watching. What a horrible example she is setting for those girls. It's OK to be a doormat as long as you cloak it as a fairy tale romance. I find myself loathing Tori. "Finding her voice". Please. Shut up already. I feel bad for those friends of hers. All she talks about is herself. How she feels, what she thinks, blah blah blah. Exhausting. And "Dr" Quackxler is clearly a man hater. Dean constantly gets shut down.

These 2 cheated on their spouses. Tori has such guilt that she turned it into "soulmate/fairytale". Really it was "horny/lust". And then they had to sell the soulmate story as they destroyed 2 marriages and wrecked their public images. So if they go with the soulmate line, it makes everything ok. And as far as the sex that shall not be named, I'm thinking it was something as tame as a blow job. Big fricken deal. Hey, I support Dean fully if that's what it is. Stick it in her mouth to shut her up for a minute. Two tops.

Tori needs to tone down the hair, makeup, and plastic face. Maybe put some energy into your kids. They are pushed aside for the "fairy tale" and personal maintenance. Liam is turning into a brat for attention. And even then, Tori makes his outbursts about her.

Thank you all for saying what I think and yell at the TV during this train wreck!!

• Love 10

I don't like to discuss my marriage, but I will tell you something which may sound corny but which happens to be true. I have steak at home. Why should I go out for hamburger?”

― Paul Newman

Paul Newman adored his wife and admired her as a person... Deano needs to get his own quotes, but then again he'd have to be talented to do that.

• Love 1

The creepy Stepford Wife way she narrated the "lost footage" scenes was cringe-worthy. It really felt like Donna Martin fast-forward 20 years later. Same blank stare and montone voice. And the scene of "hey, look, I really eat...see...yum... crusty tacos" was ridiculous. Much like the "oh, I'll just have soup since I'm cold" idiocy on their date night.

I still believe she used the watered down wing sauce as a reason not to eat more than 50 calories at one time.  

• Love 7

The only thing I can add, because it's all been said, is I have the same sleeveless blue and white blouse that Tori wore in her TH.

I bought it at TJ Maxx for $12.99.

• Love 6

Well, I watched.

I really liked the striped blazer she wore in some of her Dr. Malpractice scenes.

Other than that, all this episode reinforced for me is that I am totally done with this couple and wont be watching the "Happy Together" bullshit show you KNOW is coming, even if those kids are in it.

Those two are seriously mentally ill. Those poor babies....................

Ugh, the tacos!  Tori giggling like she was just so BAAAAAD for actually eating such a thing!  She needs a trough full of them.   She looked like an idiot at the restaurant, sipping from her little soup cup and then just sitting and watching Dean eat.  Men abhor that.  But he can't show how he feels about that...not now.  He has to gush with compliments every time she blows her nose.  He was so obsequious with her it made me cringe.

When Tori gets together with friends, do they ever talk about anything but her life?  Is her marriage the sole focus of their existence?  And when she got the tattoo, there they were, gathered worshipfully around.  I wonder if Tori could ever focus selflessly on any of them, or if she just couldn't stand being the center of attention.

• Love 2

Everyone who is not a sociopath wants there to be another answer, a better answer.

I think you hit it spot on! Dean can’t seem to get it because he honestly doesn’t get it. It’s not a question of when will he understand but when will he figure out how to fake the understanding. I don’t know if he’s a full on sociopath or just a true narcissist, although stating it that way sounds wrong because narcissists are truly awful to deal with as well. The remark Tori made about Dean making her father’s death all about him? I lived that type of stuff for several years. I was involved with a charismatic psychopath & everything revolved around him, no matter the situation. He was just incredibly skilled at keeping anyone from realizing it most of the time. When it all came undone & I was picking up the pieces I wanted to know why so much. So many whys. A couple of years, some therapy & a lot of research later I know now that some people are built so differently that I will never truly be able to understand their whys. The guy I was with was unable & uninterested in attachment. He could fake it well but it always eventually bored him & the game changed. I think Dean may care a little, but who knows when it’s all manipulated for tv. Anyway, enough psychoanalyzing, I think Dean is jerk regardless & I think he found the perfect foil for his needs in Tori. I think her neediness & willingness to do whatever he wanted helped feed his narcissistic appetites wonderfully.

I'm not trying to be mean, but what is wrong with the skin on Tori's nose & cheeks? It looks lumpy, I wonder if she had some bad plastic surgery.

I saw a channel advertising Avatar recently & Tori’s face reminds me slightly of the Na’vi people. Something weird is going on. She needs to step away from the injectables &/or surgery.

The taco shot was so obviously a FU internet/tabloid moment. See? She eats. A lot! Three whole tacos. Deluxe even. Hee hee. I wanted to go eat a crap ton of Taco Bell & puke it all over her.

• Love 7

Why did Dean look like absolute shit on this show, and on Chopped Canada he looks halfway clean? Does he just not bathe, or shave, or put on clean clothes when he's at home?

I was wondering if anyone in that house knows what a hairbrush is for--or do they even have one?

• Love 1

Why did Dean look like absolute shit on this show, and on Chopped Canada he looks halfway clean? Does he just not bathe, or shave, or put on clean clothes when he's at home?

Because being a soulmate means never having to say..."I'm going to take a shower"

• Love 8

@psychoticstate I am sending you the biggest internet hugs I have. I am so sorry. By the time I moved out, I was in a pretty bad state. The good news is, you are out now. And you know what he is.

Sorry ... I don't think everyone that cheats is a sociopath either. With Dean, it is the consistent cheating, the lack of any true understanding of emotions or the real pain of someone else other than himself. Maybe he's a narcissist only. They are both disordered and it's crazy f-ed up to see it fully laid out. 

The poor poor kids. 

Thank you, babykin.  This is most definitely the most trying and dark time of my life.  I cannot wait for it to be over. 

I don't think that everyone who cheats is a sociopath either.  Selfish, sure.  An asshole, maybe. 

Ugh, the tacos!  Tori giggling like she was just so BAAAAAD for actually eating such a thing!

Does Tori even weigh more than those tacos? 

I guess "a lady" never talks about her eating disorders either.  Her husband's pubes, sure.  But not weight and food!

Please save a spot for me on that bus ride to hell.  Window seat, please. 

• Love 4

I'm coming too! I can sit in the back and relax.

And as far as the sex that shall not be named, I'm thinking it was something as tame as a blow job.

I still think it's anal. Something about the way she says it. 

@ramble I also searched for so long for answers to "why". I read everything I could get my hands on, and lots of therapy. I'm so sorry you went through it too. Socios/Narcs are just the most evil of people.

@psychoticstate you will be so ok. It's so scary and frightening to deal with them and I wish you a lot of peace once you are divorced.

• Love 4
I still think it's anal. Something about the way she says it.

@ramble I also searched for so long for answers to "why". I read everything I could get my hands on, and lots of therapy. I'm so sorry you went through it too. Socios/Narcs are just the most evil of people.

Thanks @babykin! Far too many of us have BTDT. Hugs to you for having to go through it as well. I think I'd been sheltered all my life & never really ran into a truly evil person until I meet the evil one. And that's what I usually call him now, TEO (the evil one) or Son of Satan. I feel like his name still has a tiny bit of power left so I won't say it. Silly I know, but whatever it takes to heal & be whole. Realizing that some people literally have no conscience & aren't a Hitler, a Stalin or even a Dahmer was new to me. I think I just assumed that bad people at least felt some guilt about the things they did. As far as TEO goes, nope, not a bit. Although he was great at pretending to be sad or guilty or upset in the wooing phase. 

Regarding the sex that shall not be named I think Tori is enjoying talking about it without talking about it. She can imply dirty but still be wholesome. So no married couple with young kids would do it huh? I think that covers most sex because it's a accomplishment to get any when the kids are really young. Of course that's assuming you don't have help. I think with nannies & housekeepers having sex with young kids would be easier. I wonder if it involved some sort of dominant/submissive thing & she couldn't figure it out. Argh! See Tori is winning. I'm thinking about her sex life with Dean. Eww. Brain bleach & shower time.

If we're headed to hell I'll bring all the nail polish & accessories. No reason we can't continue doing our nail art in Hades. It should all dry a bit faster too. I think little devil horns on a nail would be appropriate. 

• Love 2

It seems obvious to me that her peeps cruised blogs/forums and decisions were made re which issues she needed to (pretend to) address.

Yes, I can see that happening with this show, and also with several others, the Kardashians in particular. 

• Love 1

I don't know if Dean is a sociopath; I think some people get labeled (and I detest labels) that way when what they are is a people pleaser.  A people pleaser is someone who wants to say what they think you want to hear.

If Dean is a sociopath, then Tori is something similar.  I don't get depth from either one of them, to me both of them are shallow famewhores.

• Love 2
(edited)

Socios/Narcs are just the most evil of people.

I don't put any stock in mental health issues being born of 'evil'. I think it's a combination of nature and nurture, rather than a manifestation of maleficence. 

Dean can’t seem to get it because he honestly doesn’t get it. It’s not a question of when will he understand but when will he figure out how to fake the understanding.

I agree, and can see this played out over and over during the show's run. 

For those who feel Tori may be a narcissist, I would agree. She really needs to seek treatment for it, as it can be treated.  Her kids need her to be better, emotionally. 

As to the relationship's future, I think Dean will stay as long as there is something in it for Dean. When he perceives that there isn't anything to be gained by staying, he will go. Tori will play no part in his decision, nor will any of his children. He will stay or go dependent entirely on his wants and needs, because that's the true nature of a sociopath.

I just want to add that ultimately, I feel pity for Dean. Many sociopaths want to be a part of normal human interaction, but they lack the ability to engage fully. It is akin to being born blind, or deaf. Sociopaths do not have the ability to feel emotion in the ways we do. I imagine to go through life knowing others feel things you do not must be a lonely and frightening existance, and some of the sociopaths whom I have known intimately have stated as much.

Someday, we'll have a pill or a surgery for mental health conditions, and folks like Dean will be able to be tested, and treated. The reality is that today, we can offer no real and effective treatment for the vast majority of mental health issues, including sociopathy. Dean has no option, really, but to muddle through life as best he can, using people up along the way. 

Edited by JustAlison
  • Love 3

I don't know about Tori.  I also don't know if Dean is a sociopath, as I'm not a psychologist and have only watched him on TV.  To me, both of them are all about themselves.  Dean makes things about him and Tori gets mad when that happens, because she wants it to be all about her.  Both of them are all about, "ME, ME, ME."  Both of them seem to be big balls of need IMO.

• Love 6

I completely agree about them both being needy, and unfortunately their needs are totally opposite of what the other craves. Dean needs aggressive sexual lust, and Tori needs sweep me off my feet bliss. Tori isn't leaving the marriage any time soon. As along as she/they have these emotional outbursts/cheating crises,she can be a damsel & Dean can role play being the romantic prince trying to make her happy, and the cycle continues.

I give Dean less than three years to throw in the towel, he'll finally come across that horny motor cycle loving, sports enthusiast woman that he really wants. Tori was just an easy heiress for him (emphasis on heiress), and sadly she probably could have gotten all that romance stuff she wants with Charlie.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't know if they're sociopaths, or what. I'm not seriously diagnosing them, just making my own observation(s). They are huge balls of need (tm Neurochick) and ultimately are destroying each other and their kids.

I feel no pity for either of them. I feel sorry for their children. Dean cheated and then left his wife and child. Now he's cheating on Tori. She was married and cheated, and now she wants complete control over Dean. It's twisted and just feels so unhealthy in every way. 

For me personally, I cannot feel sorry for a sociopath, even though they cannot help it. Even if they don't have the ability to feel emotions like most people. I have just seen them cause too much horrific damage to people's lives (not just my own). 

Edited by babykin
  • Love 3

I don't know about sociopath. They definitely have a co-dependent/addict relationship. It reminds me a LITTLE bit of my marriage to my ex-husband who was an alcoholic. Towards the end I was so desperate for him to give up drinking because if he only loved me and our kids enough he would. I think that's where Tori is and why she's so desperately seeking some massive declaration of love in the form of some type of action from him. But I think this is that breaking point for both of him. Maybe enough for him to want to change--for himself not for her. But she has to recognize that his addiction/recovery has NOTHING to do with her or their True Love sTori--and that she can't control him or his addiction

• Love 1
Thanks @babykin! Far too many of us have BTDT. Hugs to you for having to go through it as well. I think I'd been sheltered all my life & never really ran into a truly evil person until I meet the evil one. And that's what I usually call him now, TEO (the evil one) or Son of Satan. I feel like his name still has a tiny bit of power left so I won't say it. Silly I know, but whatever it takes to heal & be whole. Realizing that some people literally have no conscience & aren't a Hitler, a Stalin or even a Dahmer was new to me. I think I just assumed that bad people at least felt some guilt about the things they did. As far as TEO goes, nope, not a bit. Although he was great at pretending to be sad or guilty or upset in the wooing phase.

@ramble, ha!  I call my ex Satan, the Spawn of Satan or just plain old F*ckwit.  It's fitting.  I feel like he doesn't even deserve his given name any longer.

As far as my ex goes, I think anytime he may possibly have bordered on guilt or feelings like guilt, he would verbally attack me.  Turn the tables.  Deflect.  Whatever it took.   

• Love 1
(edited)
@ramble, ha!  I call my ex Satan, the Spawn of Satan or just plain old F*ckwit.  It's fitting.  I feel like he doesn't even deserve his given name any longer.

I call my ex Satan, too  lol  Can't bring myself to use his name.

@SilverLake0315 @ramble @psychoticstate -

Same here! Satan, my ex-asshole. I will never say his name. Maybe we need a survivors' thread? 

Edited by babykin
  • Love 2

I also have an evil ex. He, too, is a sociopath. He beat me up and tried to kill me. Very long history of crazy behavior. Plus add in alcoholism. I am polite about him in front of our son. My family and I call him The Asshole and his parents The Evils. They are horrifyingly Evil. Apple doesn't fall far, let me tell you. Yet he can be fun, friendly, and charming to those who don't know him or know him casually. Kind of reminds me of Dean. And the EX Evil in law reminds me of Tori. Everything about her, always and forever. Even little kids and their needs must take a backseat to her feelings and needs. Crazy.

(edited)
I also have an evil ex. He, too, is a sociopath. He beat me up and tried to kill me. Very long history of crazy behavior. Plus add in alcoholism. I am polite about him in front of our son. My family and I call him The Asshole and his parents The Evils. They are horrifyingly Evil. Apple doesn't fall far, let me tell you. Yet he can be fun, friendly, and charming to those who don't know him or know him casually. Kind of reminds me of Dean. And the EX Evil in law reminds me of Tori. Everything about her, always and forever. Even little kids and their needs must take a backseat to her feelings and needs. Crazy.

Oh @badtvlover I'm so so sorry. God - there are so many of us. The story is always so familiar. I'm sorry you still have to deal with him even for a second in any way. 

That's the reason I say they are evil. They leave carnage in their wake and never look back. Big hugs.

As far as my ex goes, I think anytime he may possibly have bordered on guilt or feelings like guilt, he would verbally attack me.  Turn the tables.  Deflect.  Whatever it took.

I feel like this is what Dean does. He always deflects and starts with his suicidal feelings, his feelings of inadequacy, all about his feelings. Even when he says he feels such shame. Nothing to do with hurting her. Always about him.

The look on his face when the therapist told him that sometimes it has nothing to do with him, and that he needs to just be quiet and listen to her. He could not believe that was something he actually needed to do for his wife. 

Tori, the Narcissist, only wants to talk about herself. Her fairy tale, her soulmate. When it's not about her she's pissed. As someone said up thread, imagine having to be her friend and listening to this shit. And you know it's been like this forever with her.

Maybe they can figure it out - these two crazy kids. I've heard narcissists can often live with each other for a long long time.

Edited by babykin
  • Love 1

I knew we were in for a whole lot of bullshit justifications the moment I saw her ass sitting criss/cross applesauce (indian style for us older people who didn't grow up in the PC era) in the middle of the perfectly made bed, pulling her straw... er, hair across her shoulders.  

I have wondered about this since the very first Tori & Dean show, the amount of time they spend with friends (Tori's friends) is astounding.  I really love my friends. I really enjoy their company but I don't want to constantly be surrounded by anyone.  It always seemed like Dean wasn't just married to Tori but to Mehran, the Guncles, & whatever random chick was her BFF since forever that week.  Even now, Jess & Wolf are fulling involved in the McDermott's marital issues.  It is fine to have a support system but this isn't just that.

I'm trying to find us a portable AC unit to take with us to hell.  Looks like it is gonna be crowded :)

• Love 7

@SilverLake0315 @ramble @psychoticstate -

Same here! Satan, my ex-asshole. I will never say his name. Maybe we need a survivors' thread? 

Isn't it interesting that we've all settled on some version of Satan? It goes to show how evil these beings can truly be. We surely are survivors.

Oh @badtvlover I'm so so sorry. God - there are so many of us. The story is always so familiar. I'm sorry you still have to deal with him even for a second in any way. 

There are far too many of us & I'm so sorry for all of us. I have never been as scared as the times my personal son of Satan described ways he'd kill me & get away with it in such a detached, almost carefree manner. The worst part is I'm almost convinced he could've too. He's wildly intelligent & very crafty. What a waste of intellect & talent. 

I'm trying to find us a portable AC unit to take with us to hell.  Looks like it is gonna be crowded :)

That sounds wonderful! If we're going to be hanging out in the hot zone I'd like a cool breeze to keep things bearable. Ha!

Having spent far too much time wondering why this show was the way it was I think many of you are right. I think Tori wanted some form of pay back, but couldn't own it. She sold this as her sTori & a vehicle to keep their names on TV & instead of Dean looking clean & daddy of the year he had to be the disheveled bad guy. Or I'm giving them far too much credit & they don't care how they appear on TV as long as they're on it. Maybe Dean is one of the guys who rarely bathes, shaves or changes clothes & he just let it all hang out for his bad guy roll. Oh no!  I said all hang out & now I've reminded myself of Dean's wiener & the ownership tattoo. Barf.

• Love 2

Regarding Dean's suicide threat: I personally don't believe it. He loves himself way too much to kill himself. I do think he would push Tori out a window though, if he "thought he could get away with it".

I guess what I'm saying is I think he is both a narcissist and a sociopath. Tori seems to be a narcissist and a basket case.

I feel like I just watched a demented version of the Breakfast Club.

• Love 5
(edited)

I can see Tori pushing Dean out of a window, if she thought she could spin it to make her look like a victim, and then get a book deal and a TV show out of it.

"I was trying to catch him--I wanted to save him---he's my prince---really, I was trying to catch him--ask the cameraman, he was there!  Now I'm a single mom of 4 with noooooo help!!!"

"Wait....new TV show......Dean's gone...I'll name it 'Dean is hisTORI' and it'll be about me trying to cope with widowhood and motherhood all at the same time.  I can do this!"

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 13
(edited)

Isn't it interesting that we've all settled on some version of Satan? It goes to show how evil these beings can truly be. We surely are survivors.

There are far too many of us & I'm so sorry for all of us. I have never been as scared as the times my personal son of Satan described ways he'd kill me & get away with it in such a detached, almost carefree manner. The worst part is I'm almost convinced he could've too. He's wildly intelligent & very crafty. What a waste of intellect & talent.

That sounds wonderful! If we're going to be hanging out in the hot zone I'd like a cool breeze to keep things bearable. Ha!

Having spent far too much time wondering why this show was the way it was I think many of you are right. I think Tori wanted some form of pay back, but couldn't own it. She sold this as her sTori & a vehicle to keep their names on TV & instead of Dean looking clean & daddy of the year he had to be the disheveled bad guy. Or I'm giving them far too much credit & they don't care how they appear on TV as long as they're on it. Maybe Dean is one of the guys who rarely bathes, shaves or changes clothes & he just let it all hang out for his bad guy roll. Oh no! I said all hang out & now I've reminded myself of Dean's wiener & the ownership tattoo. Barf.

A lot of us have gone through hell with our exes. So maybe hating this show and having to listen to the sext that shall not be named (blow job or doggy style is my bet...tame) AND hear about Dean's willie and tats by it (barf a little in my mouth every time I think about it) we aren't riding the bus to hell. Maybe just purgatory. Still bring the A/C and nail polish. I will bring margaritas.

I personally think Dean looks like he smells. Even when he is "cleaned" up. And Tori just looks like a Barbie doll that talks. Stupidly and selfishly, but still talks. The friends need to butt out and Tori needs to stop putting them in bad situations with her relationship. And I firmly believe this whole show is a crock and made up. Which the friends may or may not be aware of.

Sorry this didn't quote right. I'm on my phone.

Edited by badtvlover
  • Love 3
(edited)

Watching this show was cathartic for me in a weird way. Seeing Dean's behavior, and watching Tori's reaction(s) to it, confirmed for me that despite my own weaknesses, I was strong enough to leave someone that was destroying me. Totally why I watch trashy reality TV - to feel better about my own life :)

Dean really looks like he smells, and is so dirty. I can't imagine touching him. I thought he was playing that up too. Like "Oh , I'm so miserable and ashamed, I can't even take care of myself. Poor me."

Tori's hair is just disgusting and so fried. Doesn't she have one true friend that would tell her it's not a good look? She should grow it out and start over as a brunette. That would actually be a nice sTori in US Weekly. "Tori's Makeover: New Look, New Life".

She looks so unhealthy. She basically starves herself and never exercises. She has that very skinny, not toned look. 

Ready for my trip to hell. 

Edited by babykin
  • Love 4

Tori seems like such a suck ass (ohh no, maybe that's the sex!) with friends. I hope when she's off camera she reciprocates and listens to THEM for a change. But we've probably all had that draining friend who only talks about themselves. And I'm still not convinced that Wolf and the cast of school friends didn't come from central casting.

She just needs a darker shade of blond and some eyebrows. And the makeup? A lighter lip color besides clown red, no long fake lashes on top, and a little mascara under the eye to stop them from looking so buldgy/muppety.

They've really screwed their brand ... I wonder if they realize it. I see a 2013 "Dean and Tori's backyard bash" is coming on. Happy family doing domestic stuff amidst the fairly tale. Who can watch either of them anymore without think of Dean's tattoo or Tori's hysterical crying face? Most couples would choose to ignore an affair story and let it pass. It's not like Brad cheated on Angelina - these two dummies are C list at best and made some bucks with their brand of reality. But it wasn't exactly earth shattering to the world. But how does Tori go back now to cupcake baking mom brand?

• Love 4
(edited)

They've really screwed their brand ... I wonder if they realize it.

This. I represent one of the audiences they probably see as prime for this show: new to the Tori and Dean "brand" and hopelessly, irrationally addicted to reality TV. I've watched a lot of crap in the last 20-plus years, but this was just too much. I not only can promise them I'll never watch another chapter of the Tori and Dean "fairy tale," (blech!), there's no way in hell I'll watch anything else they're in.

Nice job.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 4

"Dean and Tori's Backyard Bash"? I had no idea, so had to Google that just now. Then, I thanked the universe for somehow making me miss that one. I guess I tuned these two out years ago after watching most seasons of their reality show but then totally skipping their last season.

Tori's description of their "Backyard Bash" show on her website (August 2013) leaves me with one thought. These two have been doing these reality shows for years and making a living off their kids from the time the first one, Liam, was in utero. After all these years, and after this latest fiasco of a show, I think it's high time they leave the kids out of it and get show(s) on their own or find a new line of work.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ugh, the tacos!  Tori giggling like she was just so BAAAAAD for actually eating such a thing!  She needs a trough full of them.   She looked like an idiot at the restaurant, sipping from her little soup cup and then just sitting and watching Dean eat.  Men abhor that.  But he can't show how he feels about that...not now.  He has to gush with compliments every time she blows her nose.  He was so obsequious with her it made me cringe.

Well, she does want him to baby her.  I'm totally using this sentence at least one time this week!  

She makes me want to take a nap.  She's so exhausting.  Like I said, those poor little cuties.  The fallout of this all is just so selfish of her.  Dean, hell, I don't blame him.  Isn't that a kick?  Boney and caved in breasts.  And that's just with her mouth closed.  When we all know he wants dirty sex and for her to STFU after.  Sad way to live but she picked her soul mate herself.  Oh, Happy Father's Day.  Heh.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

Maybe Heather can give us the one Ramona Singer left at her Berkshires home? (Apologies to anyone who doesn't watch RHNY.)

I can see Tori pushing Dean out of a window, if she thought she could spin it to make her look like a victim, and then get a book deal and a TV show out of it.

My wish would be for Hattie to push them both out and then slay us with one of her one-liners. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Good news! I went down to our basement and found the almost brand new portable A/C unit that we got a couple of years ago so we could use it while waiting for our central A/C system to be fixed (totally replaced, actually). It's just what we'll need in hell. Hey, who says we can't be happy and comfortable there? As long as the company and conversation are good, we have some nice drinks, and we've got A/C, I'm good. Manicures and pedicures would be a nice bonus too.

Btw, when I was trying to figure out just how many seasons I watched Tori and Dean's old reality show and which season I quit watching, I checked Wikipedia and it made me remember something. I watched  through to the end of the fifth season, not knowing then that the sixth season would be the final one. Wikipedia says the final episode of the fifth season was entitled, "Eat, Drink and Remarry" and it aired on June 7, 2010, which makes me vaguely remember that now. Didn't they renew their wedding vows in that season finale? I remember Tori's mom was there, having just sort of reconciled with Tori. They only had Liam and Stella at that point.

Anyway, if they renewed their vows then after only about four years of marriage, what's with all these rumors that they're trying to get a new season or show featuring a vow renewal? What's the deal, renew the vows every four years? A bit freaking ridiculous if you ask me. These two need to realize that they have completely exhausted any ideas (gimmicks) for reality show episodes and just move on already.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 3

I can't, I can't take the way she sits during narration. Slightly turned, yet won't move a muscle, talking from the side of her face with a worried look on her face the whole time. She looks like she's afraid if she exhales wrong, she's going to cut the cheese.

• Love 3