Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

My question is was that dress unzipped in the courtroom scenes when she was sitting? 

I think it's really good that she takes acting classes, but I also believe people who have been longer in the business and have reached more acclaim also do. I didn't find that surprising. 

I really enjoyed that interview. I'm glad that he didn't try to spend most of the time just talking about Arrow and she actually got to talk about several things.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Lol, that just reminds me how in the crossover for the Supergirl episode coverage they had to go back and make sure that she was wearing Oliver's jacket because EBR just randomly decided to wear Oliver's jacket in the Arrow coverage.

I remember that but I don't think they had to go back, did they? I thought the director said he just had to make sure that when they were shooting the scenes she had the jacket. Weren't they filming out of order?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I thought the director said he just had to make sure that when they were shooting the scenes she had the jacket. Weren't they filming out of order?

Yeah, that's what I meant. They had to add it to their continuity for a scene that wasn't even in his episode.

• Love 1
(edited)

THIS 100% - from the above-posted Fangirlish review of S6...

There are not enough angry words in the English dictionary for me to describe how much I hated this whole OTA vs. NTA shit. Well, how I hated NTA because OTA was just standing there wondering what the f*** was happening and who the hell these people thought they were getting this superiority complex. This is an NTA issue, not an OTA one. But these producers were so determined to have the team split — into the good side and the bad side — and have this feud that was laughable beyond measure because it was like Chanel (OTA) vs. Walmart (NTA). Oliver, Felicity, and Diggle are the reason these newbies are here, Oliver especially. They gave them a chance to be something greater than themselves. They gave them a chance to be heroes. But heroes have to be selfless, which NTA was not. Can we focus on the fact that it was Rene that started this whole mess? How he betrayed Oliver by turning him into the FBI as the Green Arrow? Are you freaking kidding me? And yet, he tried to paint himself as the victim here. He and Curtis criticized Oliver whenever they had a damn line in this show. It was disgusting and infuriating to listen to these boneheads whine. Not to mention whatever this show was trying to go for with this whole “sympathy toward NTA” was stupid from the start. No one ever gave a damn about them. It’s like they never realized that. The heart and soul of this show is Oliver, Felicity, and Diggle. Nothing could or will ever change that.
The worst villain — not Big Bad, villain — that Arrow or the Arrowverse has ever given us. What an absolute joke Ricardo Diaz, the Dragon, was. If I were the character’s creator, I’d be personally offended. You mean you took Cayden James, who was a great villain, away from us for this garbage? A whiny, spineless, punk ass loser who only knows how to cower in fear and pretend that he’s intimidating. How these characters — especially someone like Black Siren — was ever afraid of this guy is laughable. But it goes back to the former showrunners, who had no idea what they were doing with this guy. A Big Bad should be someone that is capable of taking on Oliver Queen. Someone that is worthy of Oliver Queen. Diaz was neither. Oliver could’ve and should’ve defeated him with one hand. This show tried so hard to force this narrative that Diaz was a viable threat that it blew up in their faces. Ah, look, more “plot over character” garbage. The worst thing about this whole thing is that Diaz isn’t dead, and this finale showed him alive as if hinting that there’s a possibility that he could come back. I’m done. Just done.
Can you believe there was an entire episode devoted to this loser? Can you believe other, more worthwhile villains didn’t get that luxury? But I know you can believe that I fell asleep during this episode as there were really one two minutes that mattered — and a minute of half of them involved Oliver’s entire 90 seconds in this episode — ON HIS OWN SHOW. I had no desire to see any more of the few minutes I was forced to sit through of this poor excuse of a villain. He’s seriously an embarrassment to villains everywhere. He wasn’t intimidating or threatening or even capable of coming off something other than a joke. Even when he tried to yell and be intimidating it felt like a comedy. What a joke. So the fact I had to sit through so much of this guy was just disgusting. That’s time I’ll never get back.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 15

This was something that we deserved back in season 4 before these producers thought it was a good idea to throw senseless drama their way and have them broken up for a season and a half. Watching a married couple navigate the ups and downs of life isn’t boring. It’s far more exciting than the contrived drama this show has been spewing out.

Yes.  As usual, I agree with just about everything she says.  She's more optimistic about Oliver in prison than I am. though

• Love 2
(edited)

Arrow star Juliana Harkavy in Perth for Supanova
June 22nd, 2018, 03:30PMWritten by Julian Wright
https://www.communitynews.com.au/eastern-reporter/lifestyle/arrow-star-juliana-harkavy-in-perth-for-supanova/

Speaking to Community News ahead of her visit, the actress who plays masked vigilante the Black Canary could not contain her excitement.

“This will be my first time in Australia; I have always wanted to come,” she said.

“I love the beach so I want to get out and lay on the beach, and I love animals so I want to see a koala, though I have heard they can be dangerous.”

But most of her time Down Under will be spent with fans of her show Arrow, which is going into its seventh season.

Harkavy recalled when she found out she secured the coveted role.

“I was shocked beyond belief because I knew it would be a big role,” she said.

“When I got the call, my husband and I were in a mall in LA and I started sobbing there in the middle of the mall.

“It didn’t feel real at the time.

“I had been acting for nine years and this was a huge opportunity.”

She said couldn’t even treat herself immediately after getting the news.

“I didn’t have the money at the time to treat myself, but the role was the treat,” she said.

“I just went home and cried more.”

Supanova is at the Perth Exhibition and Convention centre until June 24.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

JH is in Australia this weekend for Supanova Perth (I only transcribed portions)...

Juliana Harkavy - Supanova Perth Interview - June 2018
Published on Jun 23, 2018, by BB11673

-- JH: "Dinah Drake is incredible, iconic, amazing strong character." Interviewer: "You're the third Black Canary?"  JH: "Third one." Interviewer: "Third one... But you're living up to the part beautifully."

-- JH: "It was crazy how it came to be... My husband and I had been living in Florida for about 9 years and, luckily at the time, there was a tax incentive, so there was some acting work coming in. So I got a little bit of a trajectory going. Um, and then we decided to move to L.A. after almost a decade. Like, we had just enough money and, like, we had everything we needed. Packed our dogs into the back of a truck, moved to L.A. We were there for three months. Arrow was maybe my second audition that I got and I booked it. So I left him in L.A. and I went and moved to Vancouver. And we've been there ever since. So it's been two years now... It was a totally unexpected miracle."

-- JH started acting at age 9. At that time, her dad had gotten a job at Warner Bros. and was working for DC in their publishing area. He was working with the comics, so she has felt "very connected" to DC comics since she was a child. Her superhero was Batman, not Wonder Woman.

-- JH saved "probably 45 bullet casings" from The Walking Dead. They use fake guns and the bullet casings are easy to take from the set.

-- On what's next for her, JH: "Well, Season 7 of Arrow. I mean, honestly, we shoot - we film for 10 months out the year. So there's not much time for a lot of else. Some people manage to do other things. Like, Echo Kellum, who plays Mr. Terrific - he writes like a script every week. So does Emily from our show. Um, like, there are people who have figured out how to do more than just Arrow... I'm on my second year. I dedicate every ounce of my creational being - creational? creative? - being to Arrow right now. It's kind of all-encompassing. So I'm really excited for Season 7, because that's what all of my stuff's going."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Access Reel's interview with JH at Supanova Perth...

Vlog 2 - Supanova Comic Con & Gaming Perth 2018 - Juliana Harkavy
Published on Jun 23, 2018, by AccessReel

-- JH said that she shot her audition for The Walking Dead in her mom's kitchen at her apartment. She was living in Florida at the time. She found out two days later that she got the role. She also said that Andrew Lincoln was "one of the most welcoming leads" of that show.

-- For Arrow, she said that they have double rehearsals for action (one with stunt doubles). She also said that they do one rehearsal at the beginning of every scene where they just read thrrough the lines, one rehearsal where you stand where you're supposed to stand, and then one where you put everything together.

-- JH got her role on Arrow "very quickly," like four days after she auditioned. She auditioned and got a callback the next day, and then four days later she was moving to Canada.

-- JH said that she found out about Vince (being the Vigilante) "about a week before it happened."

-- She also talked about her dog rescue work.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, jaye.elle said:

... eh? They are heavy as hell and sleep a lot (and get high on a daily basis), but they're not dangerous. I mean, don't go and bug them when they're in the wild but of all the animals we have in this country, koala's are probably the most friendly. Even emu's start wars over here - and don't start me on the cassowary. Girl better back away from my bb's.

Side note - I didn't realise it, but koala's apparently dislike being held. And now I feel horrible for all the times I've cuddled one. Poor things. :(

I've also heard that their breath could knock you out (I'm sure that's an exaggeration) because of how minty it is because they eat eucalyptus leaves? I've a friend who'd visited Australia and that's one of the things he kept mentioning about koalas. 

(edited)

This TV Fanatic writer presented her viewpoint by using lies and omitting unfavorable facts. No surprise, she was up in arms about SA's recent comments about original Arrow characters becoming part of future GA canon. She perpetuated the lie that Arrow's ratings started to drop only after Laurel's death in S4. She omitted mention of the fact that ratings were steady for the first three-and-a-half seasons, even after Oliver & Felicity became a couple and got engaged. She either did not know or intentionally did not say that ratings started to drop immediately after the episode in which Oliver & Felicity broke up (415), which was a few episodes before Laurel's death episode (418).

She also talked about how GA comics sales increased only a little after the introduction of Diggle & Felicity into the comics, but increased dramatically after Ben Percy's GA run that included Black Canary as his romantic partner (as part of DC's across-the-board Rebirth initiative). However, significantly, she neglected to mention that GA sales have since steadily dropped back down and are currently in the 20,000's sales range (same as before Rebirth). She also neglected to mention that comics fans alone, even at the height of Rebirth, would not have sustained sufficient ratings for Arrow to survive one season, let alone six seasons.

It's fine if you don't want Arrow's original characters to be a part of the GA comics, but don't lie and distort/omit facts to fit your argument...

Legacy: Green Arrow Comic Canon vs CW Arrow
Candice Horde at June 23, 2018
https://www.tvfanatic.com/2018/06/legacy-green-arrow-comic-canon-vs-cw-arrow/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, tv echo said:

This TV Fanatic writer presented her viewpoint by using lies and omitting unfavorable facts.

It's fine if you don't want Arrow's original characters to be a part of the GA comics, but don't lie and distort/omit facts to fit your argument...

Legacy: Green Arrow Comic Canon vs CW Arrow
Candice Horde at June 23, 2018
https://www.tvfanatic.com/2018/06/legacy-green-arrow-comic-canon-vs-cw-arrow/

She's a notorious LL/KC stan on twitter. I guess Carissa Pavlica is making it her mission to give them a platform to spread their agenda.

On the plus side, I hardly ever see TV Fanatic mentioned anywhere, so they're just adding noise to their echo chamber.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9
(edited)

I disagree - I think S6 was worse than S4...

The CW: Ranking the most recent seasons of the DC superhero shows
by Leah Smith   June 25, 2018
https://fansided.com/2018/06/25/dc-cw-superhero-shows-ranking-most-recent-seasons/2/

5. Arrow
Coming off of a strong fifth season, things started on a positive note. Oliver’s identity as the Green Arrow seemingly being revealed in the premiere. Him giving up being the Green Arrow to protect William and be a good father. Having Agent Watson show up to gather evidence against Oliver for a trial all appeared to be strong moves to open the season.

Then the wheels completely fell off after the midseason break. Cayden James was not really the season long big bad, Ricardo Diaz was the one pulling the strings. it was a twist that could have worked if Arrow actually took the time to really establish Diaz as a big bad.

Instead, most of the back half of season 6 was spent on the infighting between members of Team Arrow. Most of it was over the differing options over how to deal with Earth-2 Laurel after she killed Dinah’s not dead and not evil boyfriend, Vince. Throw in some sudden distrust of everything Oliver has ever done, and the result was an infighting storyline that lasted for way too long.

The storyline then came to an abrupt end when everybody realized that the plot needed them to work together to stop Diaz. But because of the infighting storyline and the forced redemption arc for Black Siren, Ricardo Diaz didn’t get his villain origin episode until episode 19, way too late in the season.

Diaz just comes off ass a someone desperate for power after a rough childhood. Easily one of the weakest Arrow villains, and yet he gets to survive, meaning he will likely be back at some point. Meanwhile, Quentin Lance dies protecting not his daughter Laurel. The show is clearly setting up for this death to serve as Black Siren’s turn to good, and it would not be surprising to see Laurel as a member of Team Arrow in season 7.

Arrow will first need to dig itself out a pretty big narrative hole when the show returns, that being sending Oliver to a maximum security prison for being the Green Arrow. Hopefully, the new showrunners will breathe some new life into the series that launched the Arrowverse. And season 6 was still better than season 4.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

GREY’S ANATOMY, RIVERDALE, 13 REASONS WHY, THIS IS US… THE COUPLES ARE THE MOST CUTE OF THE YEAR !
magictr | June 24, 2018
https://koztimes.com/greys-anatomy-riverdale-13-reasons-why-this-is-us-the-couples-are-the-most-cute-of-the-year/30218/

Felicity & Oliver – Arrow
Oliver and Felicity are too cute

Necessarily, after The Flash comes to Arrow ! We knew from the beginning of the series, Oliver & Felicity were made to be together. And as good news never come alone, also had the right to a marriage and… Pfiou, it smells really too much to love here !

Betty & Jughead – Riverdale
Hannah & Zach – 13 Reasons Why
Jo & Alex – Grey’s Anatomy
April & Matthew – Grey’s Anatomy
Kat & Adena – The Bold Type
Lydia & Stiles – Teen Wolf
Harper & Monty – The 100
Beth & Randall – This Is Us
Daenerys & Jon – Game of Thrones
Iris & Barry – The Flash
Felicity & Oliver – Arrow
Jane & Rafael – Jane the virgin
Monica & Denver – La Casa de Papel

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

SATURDAY, JULY 21
4:15–5:00 p.m. Arrow Special Video Presentation and Q&A — There has been no shortage of close calls for Oliver Queen when it comes to protecting his Super Hero identity, but in the season six finale, he was finally backed into a corner and forced to reveal himself to the world as the Green Arrow. Now, Oliver will come face-to-face with many of the criminals he placed behind bars, as he makes a new home for himself at Slabside Maximum Security Prison. Oliver will find himself vulnerable in a way unlike ever before when a mysterious new enemy begins to unravel his work as Green Arrow, challenging him to redeem his name or risk losing everything. Join series stars Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Katie Cassidy, Echo Kellum, Juliana Harkavy, Rick Gonzalez and Colton Haynes and executive producer Beth Schwartz at their annual Comic-Con panel to be among the first to learn more about what this means for Oliver and the rest of his team. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Arrow will return to The CW on Monday, October 15 at 9/8c. Ballroom 20

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 4
On 25/06/2018 at 5:28 AM, lemotomato said:

She's a notorious LL/KC stan on twitter. I guess Carissa Pavlica is making it her mission to give them a platform to spread their agenda.

On the plus side, I hardly ever see TV Fanatic mentioned anywhere, so they're just adding noise to their echo chamber.

I just googled her and realised she is the same person who goes around calling Emily a lesbian on twitter and saying how Emily probably finds kissing men disgusting. Pretty much invalidates her opinions in my book. 

@tv echo is pretty much on the money that she is the type that ignores facts if it doesn't suit her own agenda. 

• Love 7
On 6/24/2018 at 3:58 PM, lemotomato said:

I'm LOL'ing at her saying on Twitter she's got receipts and all. Girl, you can't even make valid comparisons.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm LOL'ing at her saying on Twitter she's got receipts and all. Girl, you can't even make valid comparisons.

I also liked how when someone brought up the fact that the ratings in season 4 dropped after Olicity broke up and actually rose when Laurel died she responded that the fact that Olicity getting back together hasn't improved the ratings is proof of her argument (that killing Laurel and disrespecting canon drove viewers away) and it's like ummmm they brought Laurel/Katie Cassidy back also and the ratings didn't improve when she returned either so...

• Love 14
(edited)

Arrow Season 6: The Bad of the Season Was Too Much Infighting
Posted by Dan Wickline June 26, 2018
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/26/arrow-season-6-too-much-infighting/

When it comes to the world of television series, you have to take the good with the bad. And when you’re putting together a season worth of shows, sometimes things work perfectly while other times it’s a swing-and-a-miss. With Arrow going into its first season without flashbacks, the writers changed up a few things. They gave us a false big bad for half of the season, foreshadowed the big ending, and gave us some really fun surprises along the way. We even said goodbye to two characters who’d been with the series since the pilot. But not everything they did worked. One thing in particular had fans complaining online… the split of original Team Arrow and the new crew. Too much infighting.
The basis for the split was that Oliver (Stephen Amell), Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), and Diggle (David Ramsey) spied on Rene (Rick Gonzalez), Dinah (Juliana Harkavy), and Curtis (Echo Kellum), which led to an episode where they were fighting against each other. But if you first take the reason why they did it (someone turned on Oliver and admitted he was the Green Arrow to the FBI), you can kind of understand why they would need to know who, and the odds that the guilty part would just say so is kind of slim. In doing so they found that Dinah was meeting with her old partner Vincent, aka Vigilante, and that’s how it came out. But it was actually Rene who made a deal with the Feds.

Even if you’re on the side of the betrayal of trust by investigating their teammates… two of them had something to hide. It wasn’t enough to justify this giant split, and adding in that they didn’t like the way Oliver ran things is a reason to leave, not a reason to get angry.

Fans quickly tired of the infighting, and it just got to the point it felt like everyone was piling on Oliver. I think there were better ways the writers could’ve taken away his support bases without it being so overly negative. And while I think season 6 was very good, the team infighting brought the season down a bit and was definitely the lowlight of the season.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

This article also contained shots of several comic book panels (not included in quote below)...

How Arrow’s Take on Felicity Smoak Made Her (Brief) DC Universe Debut
by Brian Cronin   June 27, 2018
https://www.cbr.com/felicity-smoak-arrow-dc-universe-debut/

Today, we look at how Felicity Smoak made her way from the DC Universe to the Arrowverse and then back to the DC Universe all changed.

Oddly enough, not only did Felicity Smoak debut in the DC Universe, but she actually was a rather major character in a DC Universe title for over 75 issues! That’s a pretty big run for any character!

Felicity debuted in Fury of Firestorm #23 (by Gerry Conway and Rafael Kayanan), where she is someone who is not happy about Firestorm’s method of saving the day, as his rescue of a train ended up ruining all of her equipment that was being shipped on the train…
At the time, there were not a whole lot of comic book characters who were computer experts, so Felicity was a bit of a novelty. Sadly, her software company took another hit when Firestorm stopped a bad guy by magnetizing a building, a building where Felicity’s software business was, which ruined her computers again!
Note that the comic book agrees that it was a bad thing for Ronnie to do, but the Professor (who shares the Firestorm body with Ronnie Raymond) chastises him mostly just for making Felicity more angry at him and not because it is super damn disturbing to just essentially pants some lady in front of a bunch of people. That’s some messed up stuff right there, Ronnie, and if a comic book character did something like that today, you better believe there would be quite the negative reaction.

Anyhow, Ronnie’s dad, Ed Raymond, goes to work at a new newspaper and somehow Felicity also works there…
Ed asks her out, but she is now an attorney and while she likes Ed, she reveals that her real purpose is suing Firestorm to heck…
Her case against Firestorm actually gets to court, and Firestorm makes an eloquent opening statement…
The next issue, she drops the case.

Then, in Fury of Firestorm #50, Ed Raymond is kidnapped and Felicity calls Ronnie for help, revealing that she knows that he is Firestorm!!
She and Ed get married at the end of the issue, after Firestorm saves his dad…
Felicity continued as a regular cast member in the series, even as John Ostrander took over the series and took the book in some wild new directions. She was Ronnie’s step-mother, so she stuck around to pretty much the bitter end of the series (when it ended with #100).

Then she mostly went into limbo, although she still popped up in the occasional Firestorm comic book.

Okay, so now the TV show Arrow needed a computer expert in their third episode and so they used the name of one of the few female computer experts in the DC Universe not named, well, you know, and so Felicity Smoak made her Arrow debut…
Emily Bett Rickards was so good at the role that they quickly bumped her up to a regular cast member and she soon both learned Arrow’s secret identity and began to work for him as his computer expert…
She and Arrow also fell in love and, this past season, got married…
The “New 52” was a continuity reboot and Green Arrow was one of the most affected characters. Three years into his series, two writers of Arrow, Andrew Kreisberg and Ben Sokolowski and artists Dennis Sampere and Jonathan Glapion brought Felicity into the DC Universe in Green Arrow #35, where she reveals herself to Green Arrow and his associate, John Diggle (also from the Arrow series) as someone hired to kill him…
She explains that she wouldn’t take the job and instead wants Green Arrow’s help to “save the city”…
At the end of this arc, in Green Arrow #40, she is offered a job at ARGUS, but appears to stay with Green Arrow and Diggle…
But the next issue, Henry returns as Green Arrow’s tech guy and Felicity hasn’t been seen since. She presumably took the ARGUS job. Well, we can at least hope she some day returns!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)

25 Things About Arrow That Make No Sense
BY MATT MORRISON – ON JUN 28, 2018 IN LISTS
https://screenrant.com/arrow-biggest-plot-holes-make-no-sense/

23 LAUREL HAS A LIGHT / SARA HAS A DARKNESS
As Laurel stumbled along the path to becoming Black Canary in season three, it was said that she had a light inside of her that her sister Sara lacked and that Sara wore a mask to hide her demons as much as to help others.

This was a complete reversal from the status quo of both characters in Arrow's second season.

Sara had been depicted as a sweet soul, desperate to leave the life of an assassin behind her, whose codename - Canary - was based on her musical laugh. Laurel, by contrast, gave into addiction and corruption, as she "let the darkness inside."
22 IS LETHAL FORCE OK OR NOT?
The fifth season episode "So It Begins" almost saw the end of New Team Arrow before it had truly begun. Several members of the team had issues when they discovered that, before he became the Green Arrow, Oliver had been a violent avenger known as The Hood, who did not shy away from using lethal force.

Despite this, one episode later in "Vigilante", many of the same heroes who questioned whether or not they could follow Oliver because of his violent past were questioning why they couldn't look the other way regarding Vigilante - another costumed crime-fighter new to Star City, who utilized lethal force!
20 INCONSISTENT FIGHTING SKILLS
It has been noted that the fighting skills of Arrow's characters change depending on the needs of the story.

No character emphasizes this better than Laurel Lance during her quest to replace her sister, Sara, as The Canary.

Early seasons established that Laurel had taken self-defense classes and could disable a bouncer twice her size. Season three saw her training with boxer Ted Grant and assassin Nyssa al Ghul. This was not enough to prevent Laurel from becoming easy prey for the muggers of Starling City and she required constant rescuing.

Yet somehow, by the end of season three, Laurel was suddenly able to fight multiple League of Assassin members simultaneously, without difficulty!
17 LAUREL'S BLACKMAIL PLOT
"Birds of Prey" saw Laurel being rehired as an assistant D.A. to try mob-boss Frank Bertinelli, after having been previously fired because of her drug abuse. It was later revealed Laurel was only rehired by Assistant D.A. Adam Donner as a means of sparking further publicity for the trial, to set a trap for The Huntress.

When D.A. Spencer revealed that Donner had acted without her approval and that Laurel wasn't really rehired, Laurel threatened to expose Donner's actions to the press if she wasn't given her job back.

Shockingly, DA Spencer agreed to this, despite the fact that a disgraced lawyer with Laurel's history of corruption should have had no credibility as a witness!
11 DINAH DRAKE'S CONTROL OF HER POWER
Oliver Queen was impressed when he first saw video footage of Dinah Drake using her metahuman powers in the fifth season episode "Second Chances". He commented that she had far greater control of her sonic scream than both Black Canary and Black Siren, being able to aim it better and modulate its pitch. He was even more impressed when he saw her in action and offered her a position on Team Arrow as the new Black Canary.

Despite this, one episode later in "Bratva", Dinah Drake claimed that she didn't have that much control over her power beyond turning it on and turning it off!
5 BLACK SIREN'S THEFT IN "COLLISION COURSE"
"Collision Course" revealed that Black Siren had secretly withdrawn the funds Cayden James had ransomed from Star City from a bank in Corto Maltese.

Ignoring the question of how Siren managed to get the account information needed to make a withdrawal in the first place, there are several problems with this scenario.

The chief one is how Black Siren got to Corto Maltese, when all travel in and out of Star City was shut down. Another problem is why Black Siren - who was only in it for the money - returned to Star City after betraying her villainous allies in the first place!

4 DIAZ'S TRAP FOR GREEN ARROW
The sixth season episode "Fundamentals" sees Ricardo Diaz embark on a complex plan to end Oliver Queen's life. After arranging for Oliver to be dosed with the hallucinogenic drug Vertigo, Diaz and his men prepare an ambush for Green Arrow at the SCPD headquarters.

Ignoring how Diaz could accurately predict a drugged Green Arrow's behavior, this plan completely contradicted Diaz's earlier efforts.

He originally wanted to see Oliver Queen disgraced and imprisoned, not wanting to turn Green Arrow into a martyr.

Indeed, when the trap fails, Diaz shrugs it off, saying that he still needs Oliver Queen alive. So why the complex plan to destroy him?
1 DIAZ SPARING BLACK SIREN
Black Siren turned on Ricardo Diaz at the end of "Docket No. 11-19-41-73". Unfortunately for her, Diaz saw her treachery coming  and had armed himself with technology that could negate her powers.

Despite being characterized as a madman who couldn't control his temper and had destroyed other underlings for far less than outright treason, Diaz spared Black Siren's life.

What made this particularly nonsensical was that Black Siren turned because she feared Diaz so much.

She described him as the craziest, most dangerous man that she'd ever known. This from a woman who had been the right-hand of the psychotic speedster Zoom.

25 THEA NEVER FOUND THE ARROWCAVE UNDER VERDANT
24 TEAM ARROW DOESN'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC
23 LAUREL HAS A LIGHT / SARA HAS A DARKNESS
22 IS LETHAL FORCE OK OR NOT?
21 A.R.G.U.S.
20 INCONSISTENT FIGHTING SKILLS
19 THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS' HONOR CODE
18 EVERYONE LIES TO THEIR LOVED ONES CONSTANTLY
17 LAUREL'S BLACKMAIL PLOT
16 ARROW ABANDONS AN UNCONSCIOUS ARSENAL
15 NYSSA FORGETS HER BLOOD OATH OF REVENGE
14 THE LEGAL SYSTEM
13 NO QUESTIONS ABOUT SIREN X'S CAPTURE
12 THE PLAN TO BRAINWASH ROY HARPER
11 DINAH DRAKE'S CONTROL OF HER POWER
10 DIGGLE'S WORKING FOR A.R.G.U.S. AS A CIVILIAN
9 LAUREL'S GUN-HANDLING IN "SARA"
8 OLIVER'S NEW TEAM IN SEASON 5
7 "SIN EATER"
6 RICARDO DIAZ WORKING WITH CAYDEN JAMES
5 BLACK SIREN'S THEFT IN "COLLISION COURSE"
4 DIAZ'S TRAP FOR GREEN ARROW
3 DINAH LANCE'S CHANGE IN ATTITUDE
2 FBI AGENT SAMANDRA WATSON REFUSING TO DO HER JOB
1 DIAZ SPARING BLACK SIREN

ETA: I went back and checked what Oliver said about Dinah Drake in 511 (Second Chances)...
Curtis: "Anyway, take a look. The video isn't clear enough for facial recog, but she's real all right. I've watched it, like, 10 times. The woman can fight."
Oliver: "She can focus the sound better than Black Siren, and she is more skilled at hand-to-hand. This is almost like - what was that word that you used?"
Rory: "Bashert."
Oliver: "Yeah, that."
Curtis: "It almost sounds like you'd be willing to give her a look."
Oliver: "Call Rene. We're going to Hub City."

(Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHDGiLuiCLQ )

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)

FYI - Matt Morrison also wrote those Arrow episode reviews at MyGeekyGeekyWays.com that I posted last season. Here's his ScreenRant bio..

Matt Morrison

Matt "Starman" Morrison has been writing about comics since before the word "blogging" was coined. He got his start writing for the legendary DC Comics digital fanzine Fanzing, before receiving his own column, The Mount. Since then he has gone on to write for over a dozen websites, including 411 Mania, Comics Nexus and The Cult of Nobody. He holds both an MS in Information Science from the University of North Texas and a BFA from the University of Texas at Arlington. Known as a font of comic book history trivia, he has delivered lectures on the history of American Comic Books, Japanese Manga and Cosplay at over a dozen conventions and served as an Expert In-Residence for a course on Graphic Novels for Librarians at the University of North Texas. In addition to his work for Screen Rant, Matt is currently the Managing Editor of Kabooooom.com, the house critic of Explore The Multiverse and writes reviews for No Flying, No Tights – a graphic literature and anime review site aimed at teachers and librarians. He also maintains a personal blog – My Geeky Geeky Ways – which hosts his extensive episode guide for the television series making up The Arrowverse as well as his comedic Let’s Play videos. What little spare time he has is devoted towards acting, role-playing, movie-riffing and sarcasm. You can follow his adventures on Twitter, @GeekyGeekyWays and support him on Patreon.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Err-Oh: The 25 Biggest Mistakes Only Hardcore Arrow Fans Caught
June 29, 2018 by Brian Cronin
https://www.cbr.com/biggest-mistakes-arrow-show-cw/

25. WE’RE NOT IN CENTRAL CITY ANYMORE…
In Season 3 episode “The Magician,” Oliver and his sister, Thea, discuss Malcolm Merlyn at a coffee shop called the The Grind & Jolt Cafe.

Naturally, the various shows in the Arrowverse re-used sets and props. In this instance, the coffee cups at the The Grind & Jolt Cafe are actually labeled “CC Jitters,” as they are re-used props from the set of The Flash, where CC Jitters is the regular Central City coffee shop that the cast of the Flash always hang out at. Maybe CC Jitters is a franchise cafe and they opened a pop-up shop in Star City.
22. A PHONE…FROM THE FUTURE!
In the Season 1 episode “Odyssey,” Oliver and Slade break into Eddie Fyers’ camp. Oliver takes out the agent in the communications room. For a moment, Oliver has access to a phone for the first time since he got onto the island. He calls his estranged girlfriend, Laurel, who is at school.

She answers him, but she does so on a cell phone that was not around when the scene was set, which was at the end of 2007. This was just after the introduction of the very first iPhone earlier that year, but Laurel answers a later model.
18. OLIVER…THE HACKER?
During his time with A.R.G.U.S. in the flashbacks, we learned how Oliver learned some basic computer hacking skills. These were impressive enough that he got through people’s firewalls and also faked some bank transactions, neither one were easy feats.

That’s why it is bizarre that by the time Felicity is introduced on to the series, Oliver cannot do simple web searches without her help. It doesn’t make any sense. It’s good to give Felicity something to do, but it contradicts their own continuity from just a few episodes earlier!
9. NOT EXACTLY GIVING IT THE OL’ COLLEGE TRY
When Laurel was hurt by Damian Dahrk in Season 4, she gets rushed to the hospital and she seems to be out of the woods. However, she then crashes and the doctors come in to try to revive her. This then leads to a number of mistakes.

The Arrow writers may need to take some notes from Grey’s Anatomy for their medical procedures.

First off, they use a defibrillator on top of Laurel’s gown, which would possibly set her clothes on fire. Then, they stop chest compressions after just a minute, which is far too quick. Finally, they announce her hour of passing as, “11:59.” Hospitals use military time, so they would have said, “23:59.”
5. THEY TERAFLOPPED THAT LINE
Emily Bett Rickards routinely has the tough assignment of going through a whole pile of technical words in every episode as computer expert Felicity Smoak explains things to her less-technically savvy teammates. However, on occasion, that tech-speak is hilariously off base.

Even the smartest tech geniuses can get their words mixed up and in this case another take would have been needed. 

One notable example happened in Season 1’s “Darkness on the Edge of Town,” when Felicity mentioned that she was sifting through a bunch of information, but there was “at least a teraflop of data to go through.” Teraflop refers to processing speed, not storage. The term they were looking for was terabyte.
3. SHE SAID/SHE SAID
When Laurel passed, she made Oliver promise her something. When we finally got the full promise a season later, in Season 5’s “Legacies,” it had actually changed.

Even the smallest changes can catch a fan’s attention, especially when it’s the final words of a character.

Laurel originally said, “…tonight it was just a reminder that anything can happen, which is why I need you to promise me something,” but when they flashed back to the scene, it was now, “After tonight, I realized anything can happen. Which is why I need you to make me a promise”. You’d think they’d be able to check that to get it right.
2. HARD TO AVOID THE NEWS THESE DAYS
In Season 3’s “The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak,” the evil hackers take control of Starling City’s power system and shut it down. We see this through a bunch of power transformers sparking and all the lights going out in the city.

The bad guys then announce their demands by taking control of every TV set in the city. However, these TV sets work on electricity, which we just saw them shut down throughout the city. So how did the TVs work?

25. WE’RE NOT IN CENTRAL CITY ANYMORE…
24. HOW OLD IS OLIVER’S DAD?
23. PREMATURE ARROW
22. A PHONE…FROM THE FUTURE!
21. REAL LAW AND ORDER TYPES
20. TAKE MY BREATH AWAY
19. WHERE DID THEY GET KRYPTONITE?!
18. OLIVER…THE HACKER?
17. VANCOUVER PRIDE
16. MAGICAL BOW
15. YOU’RE FORGETTING SOMETHING, OLIVER!
14. CAN YOU HEAR THAT PAPER?
13. FLATLINING ON THE PLOT POINT
12. SARA LANCE HAS REALLY GOOD HEARING
11. BULLETS ARE NOT GOOD FOR INFLATABLE LIFE RAFTS!
10. AN ODD USE FOR RAT POISON
9. NOT EXACTLY GIVING IT THE OL’ COLLEGE TRY
8. PYRAMID SCHEME PROBLEMS
7. CGI FAIL
6. SAFETY FIRST, BUT COME ON
5. THEY TERAFLOPPED THAT LINE
4. LOOKING DOWN THE BARREL
3. SHE SAID/SHE SAID
2. HARD TO AVOID THE NEWS THESE DAYS
1. FEELING SO DISCONNECTED

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Err-Oh: The 25 Biggest Mistakes Only Hardcore Arrow Fans Caught
June 29, 2018 by Brian Cronin
https://www.cbr.com/biggest-mistakes-arrow-show-cw/

18. OLIVER…THE HACKER?
During his time with A.R.G.U.S. in the flashbacks, we learned how Oliver learned some basic computer hacking skills. These were impressive enough that he got through people’s firewalls and also faked some bank transactions, neither one were easy feats.

Did we see Oliver use computer skills in the flashbacks? The only time I remember was when he and Slade broke in and Oliver phoned Laurel.

I know he had mad skilz in the pilot episode but I thought the reason they walked that back (and brought on Felicity) is because audience reaction thought it wasn't believable.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

18. OLIVER…THE HACKER?

That’s why it is bizarre that by the time Felicity is introduced on to the series, Oliver cannot do simple web searches without her help. It doesn’t make any sense. It’s good to give Felicity something to do, but it contradicts their own continuity from just a few episodes earlier!

Funnily enough, they referenced his skills again when Felicity left the team in 416. She reminded him about the time he returned all the money Adam Hunt swindled from people and told him he'd be fine without her on the team.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Funnily enough, they referenced his skills again when Felicity left the team in 416. She reminded him about the time he returned all the money Adam Hunt swindled from people and told him he'd be fine without her on the team.

Helped that by then the show had also said she'd idiot proofed most of her programs.  But I took that line more than anything as Felicity saying he'd figure out a way to manage since he'd figured out a way before she was there.  Oliver did say that the Arrow that returned the money from Hunt was a specialized piece of tech he'd gotten but he'd gotten it somewhere so Felicity at that point was going to let him look elsewhere again. 

I do agree that it's unlikely Oliver was incapable of doing a simple name search or even needed her to look up the arrow's serial number.  More likely he just wanted to see her and work with her again.  So I rather love those lame excuses.   

• Love 4
(edited)

5 Things We Want to See in Arrow Season 7
Dan Wickline   June 30, 2018
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/30/5-things-want-see-arrow-season-7/

Return of the Huntress
There was talk about this last season that they might have brought Jessica De Gouw back for an appearance — and being she was one of the first costumed guests in the series, it would be nice to see her return. And with Oliver out of commission for the first few episodes, having a “Birds of Prey” episode with Dinah, Laurel, Felicity, and Helena could be a lot of fun.
A sign of redemption
While he’s in prison, I think it would be good for Oliver to come across an antagonist from the past few seasons who is actually changing their life for the better. Someone that Green Arrow could’ve killed but didn’t, and now they’re in prison working on their education or helping other prisoners or something. Give Oliver a sign that he’s doing more than just taking out the trash.

Return of the Huntress
Solo missions
Star City having a good year
A sign of redemption
Show us how it’s done

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Neal Adams' advice to aspiring artists, and what he thinks of 'Arrow'
Alexa Villano   July 1, 2018
https://www.rappler.com/life-and-style/career/205904-artist-neal-adams-advice-artists-arrow-tv-show-feelings

Artist Neal Adams, known for modernizing some of the today's most popular DC characters told the audience at the TOYCON 2018 to find their own style of drawing.
Neal was instrumental in bringing Batman back to its Dark Knight roots following the Batman show starring Adam West in the '60s. He also did covers of Superman, Green Lantern, and Green Arrow, to name a few.
During the Q and A, Neal, who runs his own production company Continuity Associates, was asked about his feelings on the show Arrow starring Stephen Amell.
"We call the Arrow show the Neal Adams show," he said.

"If they can't borrow it from Green Arrow, they'll borrow from Batman and bring Ra's al Ghul and all the rest of them...it's everybody that I've drawn on the DC Comics is on the Arrow show. So it will be pretty hard for me to complain about it."
As for Stephen Amell, Neal in jest said of the actor: "I think Stephen Amell is terrific if he would smile a little bit more. He's supposed to smile at the wrong placeslike Robinhood, [sic] we need a little bit of that." ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The Top 25 CW Ships of All Time, Ranked
By Lindsay MacDonald 

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-top-25-cw-ships-of-all-time-ranked/

4. Oliver and Felicity, Arrow
Olicity is one of those weird ships that was probably never in the original plans for the show but somehow became a cornerstone of it. Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity's (Emily Bett Rickards) chemistry was palpable from the get go, and they've traveled from strangers to friends to husband and wife, despite the seriously rocky road they had to take to get there. They're also one of the rare couples that provide fans with just as much entertainment during their domestic happiness as their angsty breakups, which is not easy. The only thing that would make them more perfect is an Olicity baby, right?

• Love 3

This article appeared on the website for Warner Channel, which is available in Latin American and Southeast Asia. The article was in Spanish, and the translation is below. Even though voting for the TCA is over, I was still shocked to see some kind of official promotion of it.

5 REASONS WHY OLICITY IS ONE OF THE BEST COUPLES IN TELEVISION

Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards compete in the Teen Choice Awards

Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak are finally married and happy, after fighting for their love for almost 6 seasons. "Arrow" fans love their story, and that's why they are great candidates to win the Teen Choice Award for Best Television Couple .

To celebrate your nomination, we reviewed 5 reasons why you deserve to take the title:

- Since the beginning of the series, the chemistry between Oliver and Felicity was more than obvious. At their first meeting, we could see the protagonist smiling for the first time thanks to the sympathy of his wife.

- They complement each other. Felicity is a very important part of the "Arrow" team, without her help, it would be impossible for Oliver to fight crime in Star City.

- Also, Felicity is one of the few characters that always tells Oliver the truth, no matter how hard it is. He is not afraid to face it when necessary.

- They could never separate permanently, in one way or another, they were always together again leaving all the problems aside.

- In real life, Stephen and Emily are great friends, and that shows on and off the screen.

1530728926-0-5b3d11de5d0e7.jpg

• Love 6

This is one of the funniest things I've read in quite a while. Guess where Laurel, Oliver and Felicity end up. You'll be surprised at the reasoning, LOL!

8 TV Love Triangles That Worked (And the Three That Didn't)

While there are arguably more offending love triangles on this list, the thing that made this particular one was deplorable was its execution (or lack of). Before Arrow had even begun, avid comic readers were expecting to see lovers Green Arrow and Black Canary come to life on-screen. This iconic relationship was briefly explored in the first season of the show, but it was sidelined when Oliver Queen began to have feelings for Felicity Smoak.

Instead of building up what could've naturally been a wonderful love triangle with Oliver struggling to choose between Laurel (the woman he is destined to be with) and Felicity, Arrow's showrunner Marc Guggenheim decided that the show's protagonist would fall in love with Felicity and only Felicity - regardless of what the fans wanted or expected from the show. As a result, Laurel was left out in the cold.

Following the inception of 'Olicity', Arrow's standard started to rapidly decline, and before long it was more reminiscent of a daytime soap opera than a gritty superhero show. Laurel became a background character, and Katie Cassidy was horrifyingly under-utilised, before unfairly being written out of the show for no apartment reason - which again impacted the viewing figures.

Perhaps the main reason why this love triangle is at the top of this list is because it never really had the chance to become a love triangle. Poor execution ruined what could've been a wonderful storyline - and in many ways, ended up ruining the show.

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 11.04.24 AM.png

• Love 1
(edited)

I was super ambivalent about celebrating the 4th yesterday, but the commentary about that article on Twitter made the day a lot more entertaining than I was expecting.  One enterprising soul decided to create a poll, despite the fact that who Oliver "likes likes not just like" (huh?) seems to have been conclusively established.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  (Currently, Olicity is winning 90%-10%)

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 2

How can a love triangle that never even existed ruin the show? ?

This is honestly quite sad. It just seems like they're mad that Oliver didn't look at Laurel twice once Felicity fell into his orbit. 

I also don't understand why anyone would even want a love triangle. They're the worst and also even more soap opera-y than anything, which is what a lot of comic stans claim is a problem with the show. Color me confused.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

This is one of the funniest things I've read in quite a while. Guess where Laurel, Oliver and Felicity end up. You'll be surprised at the reasoning, LOL!

It feels like the guy wrote this entire article just so he could put Olicity at #1 in the negative column and then vent about it - also, another example of someone stating his opinions as if they were facts (the new normal).

• Love 4
(edited)

No mention of her role on Arrow...

10 Things You Didn’t Know about Charlotte Ross 
Nat Berman  July 5, 2018
https://www.tvovermind.com/entertainment-news/charlotte-ross

Few actors or actresses can go to Hollywood, hit the ground running, and put together a 32 year career that has made them successful and popular. Charlotte Ross, who is 50, has done exactly that. You may have seen her on Glee, in the soap Days of Our Lives, or even in TV commercials and infomercials. She can be seen as a physical actress or romantic interest, but even at 50 she is also known for her modeling various hairstyles. Though she is known for her many talents, there are some things that seem to contradict what you see her do on the screen. This list will sample 10 of those things that you may have never known about Charlotte Ross.

1. The best decision she ever made had nothing to do with acting.
In fact, it was exactly the opposite. She says when she decided to take time off from acting to begin raising her son it was exactly what she needed to keep her career going. This result was not planned by Charlotte, but it is a perspective from a rear view mirror. She could charge up her child raising batteries and recharge professionally at the same time.
4. One of her acting roles almost cost a major network more than $1 million in fines.
The scene was in the police drama NYPD Blue in the episode “Nude Awakening.” During the episode, her butt was seen naked as she was getting ready to take a shower. The FCC ruled that the scene violated decency laws for primetime television, and slapped a $27,500 fine on each of the 52 ABC stations that aired the episode. ABC challenged the ruling, and a court ruled that the FCC guidelines that were supposedly violated were vague, and the decision was overturned.
9. She used a TV show to earn a Gold record.
Singing in the TV show “The Heights” one of her selections was “How Do You Talk to an Angel.” The album soundtrack reached #1 on the Billboard charts in 1992.

1. The best decision she ever made had nothing to do with acting.
2. She lost out to Christina Applegate for a TV role.
3. Charlotte has visions of being a producer.
4. One of her acting roles almost cost a major network more than $1 million in fines.
5. Her parentage screams for an academic career.
6. She didn’t graduate from college.
7. She is a vocal animal activist.
8. The name of her son is both unique and creative.
9. She used a TV show to earn a Gold record.
10. She knows Tae-Bo.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Chris King explores How ‘Arrow’ Season 7 Can Dig Deeper Into Family Themes

Since its premiere on The CW in 2012, Arrow has done a terrific job of exploring various family dynamics through its wide array of characters. The series has provided us with the complex history of the Queens, the inspiring reunion of the Diggles, and the great tragedy of the Lances.

Although Arrow Season 6 suffered from many problems with its underwhelming villain, Ricardo Diaz, and out-of-character squabbles from most of the show’s major players, one aspect that remained mostly successful throughout the season was the theme of family. These types of intimate moments came from Oliver Queen, John Diggle, and Rene Ramirez, and they were the highlights of Arrow’s most uneven season yet.

So, when Arrow returns for its seventh season this fall, it needs to continue to emphasize the importance of family. In fact, Arrow should go all in on this idea in Season 7 and reaffirm that Team Arrow is the best representation of family on the series.

The article focuses on:

OLIVER’S JOURNEY AS A FATHER

THE IMPORTANCE OF TEAM ARROW

OPPORTUNITIES TO EXPLORE FAMILY IN SEASON 7

• Love 1

I’d like to see in-show examples of the supposed love triangle that justify it being called a love triangle. 

Also, I wish people would stop saying Olicity is why the show became a soap opera considering the Oliver and Lance sisters backstory and Oliver/Laurel/Tommy in season 1. 

• Love 13
14 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

While there are arguably more offending love triangles on this list, the thing that made this particular one was deplorable was its execution (or lack of). Before Arrow had even begun, avid comic readers were expecting to see lovers Green Arrow and Black Canary come to life on-screen. This iconic relationship was briefly explored in the first season of the show, but it was sidelined when Oliver Queen began to have feelings for Felicity Smoak.

Instead of building up what could've naturally been a wonderful love triangle with Oliver struggling to choose between Laurel (the woman he is destined to be with) and Felicity, Arrow's showrunner Marc Guggenheim decided that the show's protagonist would fall in love with Felicity and only Felicity - regardless of what the fans wanted or expected from the show. As a result, Laurel was left out in the cold.

Following the inception of 'Olicity', Arrow's standard started to rapidly decline, and before long it was more reminiscent of a daytime soap opera than a gritty superhero show. Laurel became a background character, and Katie Cassidy was horrifyingly under-utilised, before unfairly being written out of the show for no apartment reason - which again impacted the viewing figures.

Perhaps the main reason why this love triangle is at the top of this list is because it never really had the chance to become a love triangle. Poor execution ruined what could've been a wonderful storyline - and in many ways, ended up ruining the show.

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 11.04.24 AM.png

The only time it was ever a love triangle was in Katie Cassidys imagination and fan fiction.

• Love 8