Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

KC tweeted about this auction as well...

‘Arrow’ actress Katie Cassidy auctioning off digital nude art for $18K
By Emily SmithMarch 19, 2021
https://pagesix.com/2021/03/19/digital-nude-art-of-arrow-actress-katie-cassidy-selling-for-18k/

“Arrow” actress Katie Cassidy is taking the art world by storm with a series of digital nude artworks —where she is seen naked and covered in black and white paint.

Following her divorce and the end of her hit CW show, Cassidy is the first celebrity to put nude artworks of herself on the rapidly emerging NFT digital art market.

The 34-year-old actress — who is the daughter of the late “Partridge Family” star David Cassidy — is auctioning the photos of herself, shot by celebrity photographers The Riker Brothers, on NFT marketplace Opensea.ie at a starting price of $18,000 per image.
Cassidy — who filed for divorce from Matthew Rodgers last year after two years of marriage — told Page Six, “After a year of quarantine, getting divorced and coming off a show for 8 years, I was forced to learn how to love myself and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done.

“I’ve never been happier and I encourage all women to prioritize themselves and learn how to love themselves first and foremost.

“You can’t love other people until you learn how to love yourself. It’s not always easy to look inward and it can be a hard journey, but it’s so fulfilling and empowering.”
The listing for Cassidy’s artwork on Opensea states, “Using black and white paint, a cotton canvas and the human body as her medium, Cassidy has created a new genre of art, shot by celebrity photographers Drew and Derek Riker.

“Setting the tone for Cassidy’s self-love practice, she throws caution and coupledom to the wind and finds that loving herself at 34 years old is what empowers her existence.

“This provocative photograph of Katie Cassidy reveals her bare skin adorned in paint. The tattoo on her back reads, ‘She flies with her own wings’ in Latin.”
The art world is buzzing about NFTs, artworks bundled with nonfungible tokens (NFTs), which are digital certificates of authenticity. These tokens allow for the trading and tracking of digital works that exist only on screens.

Edited by tv echo

17 Times Characters Were Needlessly Killed Off Just Because It Was The Last Few Episodes
Hannah Marder    March 19, 2021
https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahmarder/tv-characters-killed-last-episodes

9. Oliver from Arrow

sub-buzz-6765-1615855075-15.jpg?downsize 

I have to admit, I couldn't watch the last couple seasons of Arrow. Things just got too convoluted. But I still tried to follow the crossovers, and though I thought it was nice for Oliver to die to save Barry, it was really disappointing that Oliver didn't get to finally live out his days in peace.

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

KC tweeted about this auction as well...

‘Arrow’ actress Katie Cassidy auctioning off digital nude art for $18K
By Emily SmithMarch 19, 2021
https://pagesix.com/2021/03/19/digital-nude-art-of-arrow-actress-katie-cassidy-selling-for-18k/

I mean you do you, really. But I don't really know how you "look inward" by getting naked and selling the photos for $18,000. 

It's been a difficult year and if this is rewarding for her that's great but that's a lot of word salad for these pictures. 

I thought it was a photo series being auctioned off for a women’s charity at first. But it’s not right? She’s selling nude artwork of herself for herself? No judgment, just not something I would have expected. 

7 hours ago, Chaser said:

I thought it was a photo series being auctioned off for a women’s charity at first. But it’s not right? She’s selling nude artwork of herself for herself? No judgment, just not something I would have expected. 

I had a look and she says "A portion of proceeds will benefit the Women’s Global Empowerment Fund which offers programs that help reduce poverty and the marginalization of women and their families." 

https://opensea.io/accounts/katiecassidy

Which, good for her but that type of wording usually means the lion's share is profit for her or the photographers and she wants to make some money after a year of not working. Which is understandable. 

Did Resident Alien Karaoke Rock? Can Wanda Maximoff Please Get Her Due? Did This Is Us Break You? And More Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso and Mekeisha Madden Toby / March 26 2021,
https://tvline.com/2021/03/26/resident-alien-deputy-liv-sheriff-mike-karaoke-truce-tv-questions/

22 | Did any other For All Mankind and Arrow viewers get a kick out of this? (Yes, it’s a real place.)

for-all-mankind-star-city.jpg 

Edited by tv echo

23 Clever Examples Of TV Shows And Films Making References To Past Characters Their Actors Played
by Hannah Marder    Mrach 28, 2021
https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahmarder/tv-show-references-to-prior-characters-actors-played

20. When Arrow had Oliver make a comment about a vigilante in a hockey mask after the actor, Stephen Amell, played a vigilante in a hockey mask in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2:
sub-buzz-12393-1616623774-8.jpg?downsize 
"In an episode of Arrow, Oliver (played by Stephen Amell) has a line about fighting crime in a hockey mask being pretty cool. That line came just after the second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie came out, where Stephen Amell played Casey Jones, who fights in a hockey mask."

—christinab44a37045e

Edited by tv echo

Elysia Rotaru talked about both her animated voice role in Justice Society: World War II and her live role as Taiana in Arrow...

Justice Society: World War II's Elysia Rotaru Talks Finding the Emotional Honesty of Black Canary
BY SAM STONE    MARCH 29, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-world-war-iis-elysia-rotaru-finding-emotional-honesty-black-canary/

In an exclusive interview with CBR, Rotaru discussed capturing Canary's emotional nuance over the course of the film, working with directors and producers to craft her performance and her time playing Taiana Venediktov on Arrow.
How has it been getting to be Black Canary in this World War II setting?
Elysia Rotaru:
It was super fun diving into it out of the gate when I first got this script. My face already hurts from smiling so much...it's just been so amazing. And having her set in that era too is just that much more fun because we're going back in time. We have some really good elements, [and] the fight sequences are fun. I'm always a little bit speechless when it comes to stuff like this...[but] it was so cool! [Laughs]

I feel like Canary comes off as the most emotionally honest and vulnerable over the course of this film among the ensemble cast. How has it been capturing that and that nuance in your performance?
Rotaru:
I don't want to say the word "easy," but it was really lovely. [Laughs] I joke about myself about that a lot because there's a lot of times, as an actor, where I don't get to really go there. And I think with this role, I had the freedom to do so: The writing was there, the direction was there, the story was there. And it was just so, so lovely to just do it, to be able to go to those levels and enjoy every moment of it. I love doing that kind of work and they just provided the space and had really great faith in us to have fun and get messy with it. Thanks for the compliment, because I think that was one of the biggest elements of her in this piece: How raw can we get her but keep her grounded and real, so thanks for saying that!
We're a year since Arrow went off the air and you got to be a part of that show! How was that experience, looking back now that the series is done?
Rotaru:
It was cool! It was the first big role I booked for [being] on-camera. I'm from Canada and from Vancouver and getting parts like that up here are rare for locals. Having something like that come across my table and being a part of it for so long was another pinch-me moment. Looking back on it, it was pretty remarkable. And working with the small ensemble I was part of -- because I wasn't working with the whole cast -- I was on the island with Stephen Amell, Jimmy Akingbola and Ryan Robbins. It was just the four of us; that was really cool.

I never got to play with Katie Cassidy, but it was nice because you'd just come to set and do your thing with Stephen and Jimmy and just go home; it was just fun to be playing in my physical backyard in Vancouver shooting on location here and having it broadcast worldwide. It was rad and Stephen was lovely to work with on the times we had together on set and he was also a lovely human with outside processes when he was vouching for my visa to be able to expand my reach globally into the States and work as an actor there. He was there and helped me with that, and Jimmy, too, so I got some really great friendships out of that.
What are you most proud of with your performance in this movie?
Rotaru:
That they let me belt out Canary's scream and keep them [in the movie]. It was so rad! And I get to be blonde for a minute [Laughs]. Your comment earlier about being able to see that emotional honesty, that was probably the biggest thing: Being honest in the performance and with those levels is always kind of my goal and my game.

Edited by tv echo

Arrowverse: 5 Romances That Deserved More Space (5 That Got Enough)
BY KATH LEROY   APRIL 13, 2021
https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-romances-deserved-more-less/ 

What is refreshing about the Arrowverse's approach to portraying romance is its willingness to change the source material. For example, it replaced Laurel Lance with Felicity Smoak as Oliver Queen's true love. The shows also give a lot more space to romance than some comics. However, not all couples in the Arrowverse got as much space as they deserved.
5/10  Got Enough: Oliver Queen And Laurel Lance
Oliver and Laurel are the OTP in the comics but the show decided to go in a different direction. Maybe it was because they had a rather dark past as a couple. Oliver cheated on Laurel with her sister as well as other women. They tried to rekindle their relationship after Oliver returned home but decided they worked better as friends in the end.
1/10  Got Enough: Oliver Queen And Felicity Smoak
One of the longest Arrowverse relationships ran for eight seasons in total. It started with Felicity's crush on Oliver but truly developed in the third season of Arrow when they confessed their feelings for each other. Oliver and Felicity had a lot of ups and downs and their relationship drama didn't sit well with some of the fans. But those who cheered on the couple were happy when Oliver and Felicity reunited in the afterlife as they got their closure this way.

10/10 Deserved More Space: Moira Queen And Malcolm Merlyn (Earth-2)
9/10  Got Enough: Barry Allen And Iris West-Allen
8/10  Deserved More Space: Sara Lance And Leonard Snart
7/10  Got Enough: Nate Heywood And Amaya Jiwe
6/10  Deserved More Space: Sara Lance And Alex Danvers
5/10  Got Enough: Oliver Queen And Laurel Lance
4/10  Deserved More Space: Caitlin Snow And Ronnie Raymond
3/10  Got Enough: John Diggle And Lyla Michaels
2/10  Deserved More Space: Thea Queen And Roy Harper
1/10  Got Enough: Oliver Queen And Felicity Smoak

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow: 10 Best Heartwarming Scenes Of The Entire Series
BY IAN GOODWILLIE    PUBLISHED 5 DAYS AG
https://screenrant.com/arrow-most-heartwarming-scenes/

6/10  The Birth Of Mia Queen
While the exact dynamics of her life changed dramatically during the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" event, Mia Queen was still a hero. The daughter of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak, Mia was destined to be just that.

Her birth was a huge moment for fans of the series as this moment was the culmination of a courtship that started in Season 1. There will come a point that she will continue to play a role in the larger Arrowverse.
1/10  Oliver And Felicity Get Together
From the moment that Oliver and Felicity first awkwardly met at Queen Consolidated, fans knew that this was going to be the show's key romance. And it turned out that they were absolutely right.

While there were a lot of ups and downs for these two throughout Arrow, nothing compares to the moment that they first became a couple. It was a realization of everything fans had been wanting to happen for them.

10/10 Oliver Queen Goes Home
9/10 John Diggle Finds A Green Ring
8/10  Moira Queen Returns To The Show
7/10  John And Lyla Get Married, Again
6/10  The Birth Of Mia Queen
5/10  Roy Proposes To Thea
4/10  John And Lyla Become Parents
3/10  The Bromance Between Oliver And John
2/10  Thea Visits A Lazarus Pit
1/10  Oliver And Felicity Get Together

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

The Transformation Of Emily Bett Rickards From Felicity Smoak To Now
BY DEVON FORWARD    MAY 3, 2021
https://www.looper.com/398958/the-transformation-of-emily-bett-rickards-from-felicity-smoak-to-now/ 

When most people hear the name Emily Bett Rickards they automatically think "Arrow," and with good reason. The young and talented actress is heavily associated with the well-known CW series, as it's the source of her breakout role as Felicity Smoak, a socially awkward genius. Originally meant to be a single episode guest role, Rickards certainly made an impression, and when the show ended in 2020, she'd been in at least 155 episodes, along with appearances in the spinoff series "The Flash," "DC's Legends of Tomorrow," and "Supergirl."
In 2012, Rickards booked one of her first roles, and the one that would prove to be the most important of her career, at least so far. This role is of course playing Felicity in "Arrow." The role was initially supposed to be only a one episode appearance, but the producers and her co-star, Stephen Amell, clearly liked Rickards performance. Felicity continued appearing on the show and developed a more important role, especially in Amell's character Oliver Queen's personal life. In a PaleyFest interview with Collider in 2013, "Arrow" co-creator Marc Guggenheim spoke about Rickards' impact on the show. He stated that "the character of Felicity was really created as a one-off for Episode 3. We just needed a computer technician. But then, we were very lucky that we cast Emily Rickards, who just lit up the screen."
Felicity meets Oliver in Season 1, Episode 3, "Lone Gunman," when the superhero needs a heavily damaged computer fixed while keeping a low profile. As smart and observant as she is, Felicity quickly figures out that there's more to the rich playboy than meets the eye, and that he is really the vigilante called the Green Arrow. Despite this odd start to their relationship, Felicity and Oliver slowly fall in love, and the rest is history. Felicity is a character originally from DC Comics, first appearing in "The Fury of Firestorm" #23 in 1984, but this version looks a lot different from the Felicity fans see in "Arrow." In 2015, the "Arrowverse" version of Felicity was made canon when she was added in the DC relaunch called The New 52 (viaComicBook.com). Apparently, Rickards had such an impact with her role as Felicity that she forced DC to change the canon.
Returning to her roots on the stage, Rickards starred in the production of Zayd Dohrn's play "Reborning," in 2019, about a woman named Kelly who was the victim of a horrific crime as an infant that left her without working nerve endings in her hands. As an adult, Kelly turns to art and doll making to deal with her trauma. In The New York Times review of the production, writer Laura Collins-Hughes praised Rickards' performance, saying that "Rickards smartly dares to go almost feral — harsh, bitter and terrified of parenthood" to portray Kelly's emotional journey. 

On the big screen, Rickards starred in "Funny Story" as Kim, a young woman about to marry her girlfriend, Nic (Jana Winternitz). Nic invites her estranged father, Walter (Matthew Glave) to the wedding, and when he arrives, he discovers that he recently slept with Kim. As the big day approaches, both need to decide whether to come clean or not. Cultured Vultures called it "the performance of a lifetime" for Rickards, and "Funny Story" won many awards on the festival circuit, including the Grand Jury Prize at the Barcelona International Film Festival.

Rickards most recent project is the indie film "We Need to Talk." The film focuses on the character Great Scott (James Maslow), "a self-absorbed online video-game influencer" whose whole world is thrown for a loop when his girlfriend Aly (Christel Khalil) says "we need to talk," so he turns to his online community for support ("We Need to Talk" official website). Rickards' character Amber is one of Aly's close friends who clearly dislikes Great Scott. "We Need to Talk" won a bunch of awards at the FirstGlance Film Festival, including Best Actress for Rickards.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Arrow: The 10 Most Powerful Characters, Ranked
BY DAVID HUTCHISON     MAY 10, 2021
https://screenrant.com/arrow-strongest-characters-power-ranking/

10/10 Felicity Smoak
Felicity has no superpowers, no super strength, and no combat skills, but her ability to hack into essentially any computer system in the world makes her a dangerous ally. With so much of the world on the internet, being able to alter, erase, create and hack data and systems means that Felicity could declare herself or anyone she wanted dead.

With the right virus, Felicity has proven time and time again that she could take down even the Pentagon if she really wanted to
1/10  Oliver Queen
Oliver has proved time and time again that he has what it takes to defeat any enemy that comes his way. From Ra's Al Ghul to Ricardo Diaz, Oliver has bested some of the most formidable and cunning villains the CW has ever seen.

Granted, his team has been by his side and saved his life on a number of occasions, but it's with Oliver's leadership and trust that the team became what it was.

10/10 Felicity Smoak
9/10  Vandal Savage
8/10  Slade Wilson
7/10  Ra's Al Ghul
6/10  Nyssa Al Ghul
5/10  Damien Darhk
4/10  Prometheus
3/10  Malcolm Merlyn
2/10  Ragman
1/10  Oliver Queen

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Arrow Had a Sunny Beachfront? Was Prodigal Son Kiss Amiss? Where Is MIA Benson/Stabler Scene?! More TV Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz, Nick Caruso, Mekeisha Madden Toby and Keisha Hatchett / May 14 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/05/14/prodigal-son-bright-dani-kiss-tv-questions-answers/

12 | Did watching The Flash remind you of all those great beach dates Oliver and Felicity used to have? (Speaking of which, doesn’t this establishing shot like a photo from The O.C.?) ....

the-flash-starling-city-beach.jpg 

Edited by tv echo

Felicity Smoak (Arrow) is a voting option in the "Choose an I.T. person" pool of choices - my team result is quoted below...

Build A TV Detective Team And We'll Tell You How Likely They Are To Solve Your Murder
By Kat Pickhardt   May 17, 2021
https://www.buzzfeed.com/katherinepickhardt/build-a-tv-detective-team 

This team is 100% likely to solve your murder.
Your detectives are packing a lot of brain power. The rest of your team might be a bit unconventional, but it's clear you put a lot of thought into the overall group dynamic. They might not play by the books, but there is certainly no stopping this team!

• Love 1
(edited)

26 TV Relationships That Were So Compelling, People Kept Watching The Show Just For Them
by Kelly Martinez    May 19, 2021
https://www.buzzfeed.com/kellymartinez/tv-relationships-that-kept-people-hooked

3. Felicity and Oliver from Arrow:
sub-buzz-708-1620932922-5.jpg ...
"Honestly, the show wouldn't have lasted without Olicity. They were perfect for each other. I'm still bitter about how things ended, but at least they're in a paradise dimension where they can be happy together forever."

—mysarahtahir

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

How TV has embraced dybbuks, golems and other Jewish lore
BY ESTHER D. KUSTANOWITZ | MAY 21, 2021
https://www.jweekly.com/2021/05/21/how-tv-has-embraced-dybbuks-golems-and-other-jewish-lore/ 

Generally, Hebrew or Jewish practice pops up to explain something exotic or unexplainable. That computer code that the “Arrow” team can’t interpret? It’s actually gematria, Jewish numerology. That sacred book on “Sleepy Hollow” with the undecipherable language? It’s a book of spells with Hebrew letters in it. That tattoo on supernatural detective John Constantine’s arm? It lives among other tattoos of spiritual/demon-invoking power, but is also Hebrew.

• Useful 1
(edited)

In The HBO Max DC Era, It’s Time For The CW’s Arrowverse To End
Paul Tassi   May 23, 2021
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/05/23/in-the-hbo-max-dc-era-its-time-for-the-cws-arrowverse-to-end/?sh=45531cf5315b 

DC media is evolving, lately. Yes, they are still trying to make the DCEU work, but more importantly, they’re trying to compete with Disney Plus’s Marvel offerings by bringing potentially high quality, high profile DC TV shows to HBO Max, ....

The Arrowverse, increasingly, doesn’t fit. Neither in tone, quality or budget. And it’s a gap that’s only growing wider by the year.

Of course, the show that started it all, Arrow, is dead. Arrow found success as a dark and gritty offering its first few seasons where Oliver Queen was on a quest for vengeance. It lost its magic as time went on, but eventually after it ended, passed the baton to The Flash.

The Flash is just…extremely poor these days, and has been for a few years now. It feels like every episode takes place in the same three rooms with some rehash of the same three problems (Barry has lost his speed, a metahuman is doing bad things, a supervillain is faster than Barry). The show’s budget feels non-existent these days, like some sort of bad riff on Doctor Who type camp, without any of the charm.
And the one show that is actually pretty good in the Arrowverse right now is Superman and Lois, but it’s sort of emblematic of what I’m talking about here. That show has a way higher production budget than these others, better writing and a more grounded tone. Here’s David Ramsey, former Arrow actor, on the difference between directing Superman and Lois and episodes of these other series:
"I don’t think it’s a small secret that it’s a family show that has Superman in it, and you feel that. You feel that in the scope, in the way it’s shot, you feel that in the writing, and obviously in the performances. And that’s not taking away anything from the other shows. It’s just a different type of pace, and a different look.”
But…it is taking away from those other shows. Seeing how much better these series could be if they were taking cues from Superman and Lois makes them feel even worse by comparison in their current iterations. Superman and Lois has more or less divorced itself from the Arrowverse entirely, even though those characters were born there, and it’s only served to help it thrive.

To me, this is the future for DC. It feels like all these Arrowverse shows should wind down (Supergirl and Black Lightning already are) and DC needs to move into sinking more money and shifting the tone and writing for not necessarily more “serious” shows, but simply better ones. ... But the Arrowverse has been drowning in lighthearted melodrama ever since Arrow died, and probably a bit before that, and it’s only getting worse. This corner of the DC universe has run its course.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2
(edited)

From an India-based media outlet...

Top 10 DC Couples From Movies & TV Shows
By Gokul Chettiyar   May 26, 2021
https://otakukart.com/top-10-dc-couples-from-movies-tv-shows/ 

7. Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak: The Arrow
The Arrow is a CW TV show that initiates the Arrowverse within the DC Universe. Unlike the comic books where Oliver Queen, aka Green Arrow is in a relationship with Black Canary, the show has its own version for Oliver Queen’s love interest. In the show, Oliver Queen is with Felicity Smoak. This relationship has been a strong one, being there in majority of the series. Just like Oliver’s comic book antics with Black Canary, he here too proposes to Felicity multiple times. Out of the foyer times, she finally accepts once as they get married and even have a baby together.

10. Raven and Beast Boy: Titans
9. Kid Flash and Artemis: Young Justice
8. Dick Grayson and Starfire: DC Animated Movie Universe
7. Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak: The Arrow
6. Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy: Harley Quinn
5. Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle: Gotham
4. Aquaman and Mera: Aquaman
3. Barry Allen and Iris West-Allen: The Flash
2. Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor: DC Extended Universe
1. Superman and Lois: DC Extended Universe

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I Think I'm Done With the Arrowverse
Rob Bricken    May 27, 2021
https://gizmodo.com/i-think-im-done-with-the-arrowverse-1846892975 

I think another large part of the problem is that the various series had been building up to Crisis on Infinite Earths for so long, that the mass, interconnected story they’ve been telling over the last decade felt like it had reached its natural conclusion by ending Oliver Queen’s journey, freeing Barry Allen from his fate, and pitting our heroes against the most powerful enemy in the entire multiverse. Everything since then has been an epilogue that keeps going on and on and on. It’s much harder to care about whatever evil nitwit Barry Allen is facing off against to save Iris after he helped save entire universes last year. Even Lex Luthor’s villainous schemes to rule Earth are harder to get excited by because the stakes are so small compared to what’s come before. ....

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy is moving on from superheroes and ready for the next thing — digital art and cryptocurrency
Lacy Baugher-Milas   May 30, 2021
https://www.insider.com/arrow-star-katie-cassidy-nrt-superheroes-interview-2021-5 

Though many fans of The CW's superhero universe may have been devastated earlier this year when the network chose not to pick up a proposed all-female "Arrow" spin-off, titled "Green Arrow and the Canaries," at least one person wasn't: leading lady Katie Cassidy.
But, to hear Cassidy tell it, the decision to ground the Canaries is likely the best choice for all involved.  

"I'm actually okay with it not going," Cassidy told Insider in a wide-ranging phone conversation in April. "That whole show was such a blessing. Not only for myself but for everyone involved. I loved it. It was a wonderful experience. I really feel as though we have... [we] really milked it."

And after eight years, Cassidy says she's ready to "do something fresh."
Cassidy's life recently has been marked by change. But between filing for divorce in January 2020, the final episode of "Arrow" airing later that same month, and the onslaught of a global pandemic that saw everyone adjust to life in lockdown, the actress has done her best to use these setbacks to push herself in a new direction — just probably not one her fans expected.

The confluence of these events prompted Cassidy to not only engage in an extended period of self-reflection, but to dive into the emerging world of NFTs (non-fungible tokens), and her newfound interest in cryptocurrency gave rise to an unexpected passion project.

The actress has just released her first NFT drop, a series titled ME.SHE.WE., in which she explores herself, the persona she presents to her fans, and the way those two identities intersect. A set of gorgeous digital portraits, the series mixes cotton canvas, black and white paint, and the human body to create something striking, dramatic, and wholly original.

"It all really forced me to learn how to love myself. I had no other choice. My show had ended, my career was totally changing, and then the world was totally changing," Cassidy said. "And that's sort of what inspired me to do this."
One of her biggest personal accomplishments during the final season of "Arrow" was her directorial debut. She directed the third episode of season eight, an adventure-filled hour called "Leap of Faith."

"Directing was…. my eyes were popping out of my head like a kid in a candy store," she said. "The whole experience was so incredible."
Cassidy's episode featured the long-awaited return of Willa Holland as Thea Queen, a superhero known as Speedy. Because the character hadn't been seen onscreen in several seasons, Cassidy saw an opportunity to play around a bit with Thea's backstory and what might have happened to her in that intervening time period in a new way.

"I told [Willa], look, you've been gone for a couple of years. You've been fighting in the mountains. Maybe something happened," she told Insider. "So this is the first time we see her since then, and I got to give her this gnarly scar on her face! She of course still looked stunning. But it was like stuff like that — it gave the character more depth. There was some richness involved, layers there."

Helming an episode of "Arrow" also helped Cassidy realize she's "not just an actor" but an "overall creator," with varied artistic interests.

Though she couldn't reveal the name of her next project, she did tell Insider that she "ended up getting a movie to direct right before the pandemic," a film she described as a "raunchy comedy" that is only just now beginning to come back together again, production-wise.

To hear Cassidy talk, she wants to do a little bit of everything as her career continues to grow, from acting to directing to even writing. (She helped pen a pilot for another project she couldn't name over the course of the past year as well, a book-based series she's hoping to both star in and direct.)

But though she laughs and says "never say never" when asked about the possibility of returning to the world of superheroes and pleather pants, Cassidy's clearly hoping to branch out a bit beyond that in the coming months and years.

"I like the idea of original content. We need more of that," she said. "Everywhere we look for the last, what eight to ten years? It's superheroes. Before that, it was vampires. We go through cycles."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Implicit references to Lauriver and Olicity in this article...

Is Netflix's Lucifer The Best DC TV Adaptation?
BY LISSETE LANUZA SÁENZ   MAY 31, 2021
https://gamerant.com/netflix-lucifer-best-dc-comics-tv-adaptation/

... If fans care about the show it’s not just because of Lucifer himself, but because of the people around him, the relationships he’s formed.

In general, the Arrowverse, for example, has struggled with this kind of commitment. Arrow – their first show – introduced a couple no one cared about and stumbled upon one that a lot of people did by mistake. The Flash has gotten to the point where the couple is the only thing that works, and they don’t take advantage of it enough. Legends of Tomorrow has never made much sense, but the ever-changing roster has made it harder and harder to commit emotionally. Newer shows like Superman and Lois at least have an established family dynamic that works, but even in Superman and Lois, it’s not every character that clicks, just the main four – and not all the time.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Here Are the Best Superhero Shows to Watch on Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, Hulu, and More
Lindsay MacDonald   June 10, 2021
https://www.tvguide.com/news/best-superhero-shows-watch-netflix-hulu-amazon-disney/ 

Arrow
The Green Arrow might not have been a household name like Superman or Batman, but thanks to The CW's recent take on the character, Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) managed to launch an entire DC multiverse, thank you very much. Arrow tells the story of entitled billionaire playboy Oliver Queen and his return home after spending five years on a deserted island. Though he maintains the party-boy persona by day, by night he hunts down criminals in his city armed with a bow and arrow and a whole lot of martial arts skills. [Watch on Netflix]

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I had been posting news about DR's appearances (as director and/or guest star) in the other Arrowverse shows this season in the Arrow Stars in Other Roles thread. But it's not really an "other" role. DR is still playing John Diggle...

Batwoman boss and David Ramsey tease Diggle's role in Luke's Batwing 'destiny'
By Chancellor Agard     June 09, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-david-ramsey-diggle-luke-batwing/ 

"He really helps a major character take their next step into their own destiny of becoming a full-fledged superhero," Ramsey told EW in May, before Batwing's introduction was announced. "Diggle has always been the person who can really tap into the humanity of our major characters. That was really what he did for [Arrow's] Oliver Queen [Stephen Amell]. If you remember, the first time we saw Oliver, he was a killer. He met John Diggle and really tapped into his humanity, and it went further when he met Felicity Smoak [Emily Bett Rickards]. So that talent of really being able to tap into one's humanity is really part of the superhero power of John Diggle, and that's what he brings to Kelly Olsen on Supergirl, and that's what he brings to Batwoman."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow: 10 Underrated Moments That Aren't Talked About Enough
BY GEORGE CHRYSOSTOMOU     JUNE 11, 2021
https://screenrant.com/arrow-underrated-scenes-moments/ 

4/10  The Fake Wedding
Oliver-Felicity-Wedding.jpg 
Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak's relationship is a complex one. They've been on a rollercoaster of emotions, but one awkward encounter saw them having to fake a wedding. In a plan to trap the villain known as Cupid, the ex-couple used themselves as bait to lure her in.

After recently breaking up, they still had to face one another at the altar. However, all of the words that Oliver spoke in that brief moment were completely true. He shared his heart and soul in the process of getting a fake marriage, creating a beautiful moment for the future husband and wife.

10/10 Oliver's Makeshift Bows
9/10  Wildcat's Underground Training
8/10  The Dragon's Solo Episode
7/10  Constantine's Arrival
6/10  The Human Target
5/10  Making A Documentary
4/10  The Fake Wedding
3/10  League Of Heroes
2/10  Trial By Combat
1/10  The Suicide Squad

Edited by tv echo
21 hours ago, tv echo said:

I had been posting news about DR's appearances (as director and/or guest star) in the other Arrowverse shows this season in the Arrow Stars in Other Roles thread. But it's not really an "other" role. DR is still playing John Diggle...

Batwoman boss and David Ramsey tease Diggle's role in Luke's Batwing 'destiny'
By Chancellor Agard     June 09, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-david-ramsey-diggle-luke-batwing/ 

Reminder: DR is appearing as Diggle in tonight's episode of Batwoman (following LoT).

(edited)

10 Most Wholesome Family Moments In Arrow
BY ABBEY MACKINNON   JUNE 16, 2021
https://screenrant.com/arrow-wholesome-best-family-moments/ 

5/10  Felicity Explaining Oliver's Mission To William
After William's mother died, Oliver and Felicity raised Oliver's son. Due to the demands of Oliver's job as mayor, his mission as the Green Arrow, and the time he eventually spent in prison, Felicity was the most present parent in William's life. Felicity looked after and loved William like her own son; she taught him about computers and helped him with his homework and science fair projects. As an adult, William even referred to Felicity as his mom.

William struggled to accept his dad's dangerous activities as the Arrow, but Felicity took the time to explain to him why his dad was a hero. She let William watch footage of Oliver fighting criminals while she talked to him about how she was able to love and trust Oliver while also worrying about him. Even though Oliver wasn't physically there for the conversation, it was an important bonding moment for the three of them and William got to see finally his dad as a hero.
3/10  Oliver And Felicity Raising Mia
Oliver and Felicity semi-retired at the end of season 7 to take care of their family, especially their new baby, Mia. Oliver missed the beginning of his son's life, but he got to be there for Mia's birth. He only got to spend a brief amount of time with his wife and daughter before being taken away by the Monitor, but the montage of their family is a heartwarming display of Oliver's growth as a character and as a father.
1/10  Oliver And Felicity's Wedding Reception
Oliver and Felicity eloped spontaneously with a very limited group of people, but they later had a reception for the rest of their friends and family. The episode was full of many memorable moments, not the least of which being when Quentin Lance gifted Oliver with the watch that his father gave him on his wedding day.

10/10 Emiko Being Accepted By The Queens
9/10  Oliver Becoming William's Dad
8/10  Sara Reuniting With Her Father
7/10  Oliver And Diggle Calling Each Other "Brother"
6/10  Moira Revealing She Knew Oliver Was The Arrow
5/10  Felicity Explaining Oliver's Mission To William
4/10  Thea Finding Out Oliver Was The Arrow
3/10  Oliver And Felicity Raising Mia
2/10  Oliver Talking To His Adult Son
1/10  Oliver And Felicity's Wedding Reception

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1