Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

(edited)
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Also was it established that it was Laurel2 who called Sara rather than Oliver or Felicity who know Sara and have got in touch with her before, or Lyla through ARGUS?  How would L2 have known how to get in touch with Sara?

Laurel was waiting for Sara in the hospital and told Sara that she thought Sara should be there, so if it's not outright stated anywhere else (I can't remember if it is), then it's implied Laurel got in touch with her somehow, probably because Quentin told her how to do it because he was absolutely nutbars when it came to OtherLaurel.

13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't want to belabour this, but how does Sara know that Quentin wanted to find the light with Laurel2?  Was there an offscreen conversation between Quentin and Sara referenced?  When did Sara say that it was something she supported?

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the 5.5 tie-in novel. 

Edited by apinknightmare
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the 5.5 tie-in novel. 

Lol, not only was it mentioned in the 5.5 novel, but Sara was the one to tell Lance to look for their Laurel in BS. So smart when it comes to Laurel, those Lances.

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Lol, not only was it mentioned in the 5.5 novel, but Sara was the one to tell Lance to look for their Laurel in BS. So smart when it comes to Laurel, those Lances.

Really? Bummer it wound up getting him killed LOL. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Really? Bummer it wound up getting him killed LOL. 

Yeah, it's actually pretty sad

Spoiler

"There's another Laurel."

"What?"

"We've got another Laurel running around here."

Sara didn't know what to think. "Explain."

"I don't know how, some Earth-2 thing or something. I just know your sister is here, but it isn't her."

"Where is she? Should we go see her? I know it's not here, but-"

"She's evil, honey. This new Laurel is bad."

"Laurel has an evil twin from an alternate world?"

"I guess so. A doppelganger, or whatever you call it."

Sara sat there for a long moment.

"I don't know what this other Laurel went through before coming here, but it put her on the bad side. I don't know if she can be brought back. She's not our Laurel."

"Maybe, maybe she could be redeemed." Sara thought about her own past, the things she had done, things she couldn't be proud of, things that she should be ashamed of. "People can change. We know they can."

I miss that Lance, logically getting upset at the trauma of having leaving a Laurel lookalike to die rather than taking this bad advice.

• Love 2

So it wasn’t enough to ruin Quentin’s character over BS - they also have to make Sara look like an idiot to prop up this worthless character.  No way Sara goes there after meeting Nazi!Quentin and Fuhrer!Oliver.  

And Sara fans should want her on Legends why? No thank you.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

So it wasn’t enough to ruin Quentin’s character over BS - they also have to make Sara look like an idiot to prop up this worthless character.  No way Sara goes there after meeting Nazi!Quentin and Fuhrer!Oliver.  

And Sara fans should want her on Legends why? No thank you.  

the nazi crossover happened after arrow 5.5 book

(edited)

I thought the book took place between seasons five and six? Oh wait, yes, that would have been before the Crisis crossover.  My mental timeline is scrambled for some reason.  I feel like that was longer ago than it really was.  Sorry.  

Alright, fine, I withdraw my objection.  Well, that particular objection.  I still object, just on general principles. Lol. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 7
(edited)

Spotlight Report's interview with DR...

INTERVIEW: DAVID RAMSEY TALKS ‘ARROW’
By Skyjoker   June 8, 2018
http://spotlightreport.net/on-the-spot-2/interview-david-ramsey-talks-arrow

Thanks to Oz-Comic Con, we had the chance to have a great chat with Arrow star David Ramsey ahead of Oz Comic-Con Melbourne 2018.
SR. What are you most looking forward to do at Oz Comic-Con?
DR. I always talk to Stephen (Amell) about these type of events. Because you know, we work shooting the show about 10-14 hours a day, then we go home and rest, and then we do it again, so conventions are the place where we are able to meet the fans, because they are the ones who make the show possible. It is very important for us to finally get close to them, talk and hear what they have to say. I’m beyond excited to do that tomorrow at the event and during the whole weekend.
SR. Moving to Arrow now. How did the cast reacted when (Spoiler alert) you guys found out a beloved character like Captain Lance was exiting the series after at the end of season 6?
DR. We were shocked and sad to see Paul (Blackthorne) leaving the show. He was one of the three original cast members from the pilot remaining on the show, so it’s now only Stephen Amell and myself.
The ending of season 6 was unreal, it was intense and I believe it was a good way to bid farewell to Paul’s character. However, the producers are quite clever, because when an actor is set to leave or die in the series, they tell the actor in advance, but won’t tell us, so the actor has time to prepare for that, while for us comes as a shock, that actually help us to express our emotions better while shooting, so when we found out we asked Paul about how he was and he said, “hey, I knew like 3 months ago!” (laughs).

It’s always sad to see a colleague leaving, but I’m glad Paul already got a part in another series.

SR. Season 6 was a massive roller-coaster. (Spoilers ahead) The team got divided, Oliver went to Jail, Diggle is now working at Argus and Quentin Lance died. What can we expect from Season 7?
DR. I wish I could tell you (laughs). I saw the script for the first episode of season 7 as is amazing. This season  will probably be one of the biggest and most ambitious to date.

We now had a show-runner of the series who will be taking the role full time, and her vision for the show is superb, I’m sure she will take it to the next level.

Spoiler

Oliver’s time in prison will be hard, and many things will happen while there.

Regarding my character, I can only share with you that he is still working at Argus with Lyla, and teaming up with the others once in a while to take down Diaz once for all. But, many things happen, there are some huge twists that nobody saw coming. It’s so good…I’m so sad I cannot tell you more.

Spoiler

SR. One thing we do know about the new season is that in the new crossover, we will finally get a hint at the Batman universe, as Batwoman is set to debut. What do you know about it?
DR. I know as much as you to be honest. However, I’m really excited to find out what’s going on, as I’m curious about where does Gotham city is in this universe we created, and get to know about Bruce Wayne and what will be the take on the whole Batman legend, because you know there have been some hints at it during all the series, but finally get to see something about it is just awesome.

SR. Speaking about the crossovers in general. What has been your favourite moment so far?
DR. Marrying Oliver and Felicity of course. I just loved it, to finally seem them together and being married by me, was a highlight, especially because I’d nothing to do during that episode, and being randomly taken by The Flash just for that, was super fun and clever as well.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, tv echo said:

The ending of season 6 was unreal, it was intense and I believe it was a good way to bid farewell to Paul’s character. However, the producers are quite clever, because when an actor is set to leave or die in the series, they tell the actor in advance, but won’t tell us, so the actor has time to prepare for that, while for us comes as a shock, that actually help us to express our emotions better while shooting, so when we found out we asked Paul about how he was and he said, “hey, I knew like 3 months ago!” (laughs).

It’s always sad to see a colleague leaving, but I’m glad Paul already got a part in another series.

That makes it sound like they decided to write Quentin out, rather than it being Paul's choice to leave.

7 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

That makes it sound like they decided to write Quentin out, rather than it being Paul's choice to leave.

MG said after the finale aired that it was their choice to write him out.

(edited)

Shaken Not Nerd's podcast interview with DR (go to link to listen to it)...

Special guest interview David Ramsey - Melbourne Oz Comic-Con
Dudi   June 8, 2018
https://omny.fm/shows/shaken-not-nerd/special-guest-interview-david-ramsey-melbourne-oz

-- DR: "I haven't experienced anything and I've seen very few things like Oliver, Felicity and Diggle - and that's really the truth. And if I was sitting back as a bird on the wall, or some spectator just looking at the show, I would comment at - 'wow, these three have really kind of found something.' And that really is lightning in a bottle. No one saw that coming. The writers didn't see that coming. They didn't see the chemistry between me and Oliver, me and Stephen happening that way, certainly between the three of us happening that way. So it's just been a wonderful treat... And it's like any other job, right? You go to work, and you like the people you're working with, things happen. You know. So it's great. It's just a great find."

-- Interviewer mentioned that he's seen past interviews where DR said that the Arrow cast has become a family and where DR did impressions of other cast members. DR: "That was a long, long time ago... Yep. I did that."

-- Interview mentioned that DR might be directing an episode in S7 of Arrow. DR: "I am slated for episode 11 of Season 7... You know, I am excited. And I'm excited because Beth Schwartz, our new, fearless showrunner - and Marc Guggenheim and Wendy were also fearless - but I don't think Beth is going to have any mercy on me. She's already kinda given a mandate of upward and onwards, we're going even higher this season, we're taking gloves off... I mean, they kinda give us an outline of what the season's going to be about every beginning of the year - or beginning of the season. And Beth just wants to do big, big, big things... And I don't think episode 11 is going to be the one that's the weak link in the chain at all. She's not going to have any mercy on me."

-- DR: "I just tweeted... On my way here, I just got episode 701. And I read it. And I even said in my tweet, my jaw dropped, and I gave props out to Beth. She wrote me back - she said, 'David, thanks for the shout-out and being such a great response, fantastic. Don't say this, don't say that, don't say that, don't say that, don't say that, don't say that, don't say that. And God forbid, you say this.' So I'm sworn to secrecy."

-- Interviewer then mentioned how DR has impersonated his cast mates, like SA and PB, and asked if there were any other actors or characters he was good at impersonating. DR: "No. Um, I wish there was. I wish I was really good at that. But I'm just not. And the only reason why I'm semi good at impersonating my cast mates is because I work with them 12 hours a day."

-- Interviewer then asked DR about attractions in Detroit (DR's birth city), and DR mentioned several places.

-- DR then played this "Guess WHOM" game (guess who with comic book characters) and answered some silly trivia questions.

-- On what superhero he'd like to play, DR said Moon Knight, but he also said that he'd like to play John Stewart/Green Lantern.

-- DR talked about his fighting testicular cancer campaign. 

-- Interviewer then gave DR an Australian ice cream sandwich, and DR tried it.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)

Heavy Magazine's podcast interview with DR at Oz Comic Con - go to link to listen to podcast (there's more than what's quoted in the article below, but warning: minor spoilers)...

DAVID RAMSEY Talks ARROW And Oz Comic Con [PODCAST]
Dave Griffith   June 8, 2018
https://heavymag.com.au/david-ramsey-talks-arrow-oz-comic-con/

Well the day has finally arrived – Oz Comic Con 2018 opens up to the public today in Melbourne. To celebrate HEAVY Mag caught up with one of this year’s big guests – David Ramsey the man that all fans of the DC Universe will know as John Diggle from Arrow.
Of course through John’s story in the show we have also got to see him wear the Green Arrow outfit on occasion and ask him what it was like to don the gear and if he felt like a superhero when he did? “If you mean feeling like a superhero as in hot and sweaty, then yes,” he says with a laugh. “It is like when you take off that suit it is just soup, man. I know how Steven has stayed skinny for the last six seasons it is just so hot… but you know what it was fun. It was fun being in the Green Arrow outfit and they gave me a crossbow and all, it was terrific. And by the way you do get a little bit more swag and you do get a little bit more of a superhero step when you put the suit on for sure.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

‘Arrow’ Actress Juliana Harkavy Will Make You Sing
by Mandatory Editors Jun 8th, 2018
http://www.mandatory.com/girls/1447521-juliana-harkavy-arrow-will-make-you-sing

While The CW series Arrow is at an all-time low in ratings, it has managed to nab one of its better actresses towards the end of its six-season run — Juliana Harkavy.

The fit & toned 33-year-old action TV actress picked up a character arc on The Walking Dead in 2013 before snagging the singing part of Dinah Drake’s Black Canary, who found a regular home on Arrow in 2017 with crossovers on Legends of Tomorrow and The Flash.

Check out some behind-the-scenes shots of Harkavy on her Instagram (@julianaharkavy) and learn to love the one good thing left on The CW. Until they wise up and bring back that WB singing frog, Juliana will do just fine.

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, jaye.elle said:

What the feck is this website? It literally reads like an advertisement, complete with pictures of her in revealing clothing with the one video workout at the end. JH is much more than just that.

Also, 'The one good thing left'...? Who do I haveta fight about that comment? haha

It's a male life style website, so yeah the only interesting they would see in Juliana is what she looks like. 

(edited)

Moviehole interview with DR at Oz Comic Con in Melbourne (spoilerish portions are quoted in the Spoilers thread, not here)...

Oz Comic Con Interview: David Ramsey of Arrow
Mandy Griffiths  June 10, 2018
http://moviehole.net/2018138268oz-comic-con-interview-david-ramsey-of-arrow

David: ... You know it’s funny too because I just tweeted out a moment ago, I said “On my way to Oz Comic Con,” I shouted you guys out. “Can’t wait to meet the fans in Melbourne.” Low and behold, in my inbox was episode 7-01. And I gave a shout out to Beth Schwarz, who’s our new showrunner, and just how well it was done and that the fans are going to love it. And Beth said “thanks Dave, the response is fantastic.  Don’t talk about this, don’t talk about that, don’t talk about that, or talk about that, or talk about that, or that or that and definitely whatever you do, don’t talk about that.” I have been sworn.

So that’s in writing. Damn.
David:
I think…maybe it’s well deserved, maybe I’ve earned it.  People think I’m the spoiler king. So I have been told to shut up.  There you go.
Okay so no specifics, but you feel good about it?
David:
Season 7? Oh my god, I just can’t…I don’t know…at the beginning of every season, you talk to the show runners, previous seasons it was Mark Guggenheim and Wendy Mericle and they would tell you what was happening, kind of an overview of what’s happening. The arc, if you will.  And it’s always incredible.  But Beth is just really kind of just going for it.  She’s just really like “we’re going to do this, we’re going to do that” and it’s like oh my gosh.  So it’s just great.  She’s just fantastic and I’m looking forward to doing it.  ...
Going back a little bit, when you filmed the pilot six plus years ago, and “Arrow” was the first DC TV show, did you think you’d still be John Diggle all these years later?
David:
 I didn’t even think it would be on the air.  And not because it was bad.  Just because no one knew.  Actually I should rephrase that, I didn’t think that it would not necessarily be on the air, I just didn’t have the guts to allow myself to think this far in advance.  You know people seeing it all over the world, we just, we didn’t think.  And we were living in the shadow of “Smallville”, believe it or not.  And “Smallville” did 10 successful years. Much of the crew of “Smallville” was working on our show, the gaffers, the grips, so they were shooting in the same city, Vancouver, and to be honest this Green Arrow was in some people’s minds – on the rating of the big DC comic book heroes – a B or a C.  He wasn’t really Batman, Superman, he didn’t have that mythos.  To bring him to life I think was daring.  And I don’t know if people saw – could see six years or seven years down the road – particularly being as successful as it was. Spawning so many spin-offs, nobody saw that.

The Arrow-verse!
David: Arrow-verse, that’s right.  That’s right.  The Arrow-verse.  I mean Greg Berlanti is I think now the most successful showrunner in history, 12 or 13 shows.  It’s just incredible.  Other shows are being developed and it’s just…it all started here. I can’t speak for him, but I would say much of it started with Arrow.

I was watching the first season as it aired and it was interesting, you could see they were still trying a few different things and trying to get the groove, but I think once you kind of hit on the ‘Original Team Arrow’ dynamic…
David:
I think that was the key.  You know, when you found Oliver [Stephen Amell], Felicity [Emily Bett Rickards] and Diggle and the chemistry those three specifically had.  That’s just lightening in a bottle.  It really is just something you can’t plan. And it wasn’t only that the direction of the show, we had no idea Emily was going to walk into the room.  So no one knew that was happening.  I mean, the idea was that there’ll be a powerful love interest between Oliver and Laurel and, also no one saw the chemistry me and Stephen have. I was told at the very beginning “You don’t have much to do in the pilot, David, but you will find out that he’s Arrow and we’ll see where we go from there.”

And that was the brief?
David: That was really it.  Diggle will be integral to the story line, in the sense that you’ll be his friend and no one knew.  No one saw it.

In this last season, you and Stephen, Green Arrow, had a big fight scene which was quite unusual.  Was that fun to film, or was it a little bit strange?
David:
It was both. It was fun because any time you get these really visceral writing as an actor is great to sink your teeth into stuff, you’re pointing at people, you’re screaming at the top of your lungs, you’re crying and all that’s great, for actors.

Actor catnip?
David:
Exactly, actor catnip.  But I think the struggle was just getting the words right. We really worked with the writer to just get that moment right, because we’re recalling the long brewing history between these two men. So you kind of want to get the right emotional arc, throughout the paragraphs, throughout the words, you just kind of want to get the right tone. So that took a while.  But we really relished it.

And just touching on directing again, is that something that you’ve always wanted to do, or you just developed an interest in it in the last few years. 
David:
Season two I was sitting in Greg’s office – and by the way I can’t speak well enough of Greg. This isn’t about anything besides the truth really for me. I’m on the show. and I’m in season six, we‘ve done our bit for king and country on this show and so we’re looking at the horizon so, what I’m about to say is really from the heart. There’s no better showrunner that I’ve ever worked for.  And that’s not because he has so many shows on television, I mean shows come and shows go. That’s just the nature of it. But he’s always had an open-door policy. I can literally call the biggest showrunner right now and talk to him and he can say “come let’s talk, let’s have coffee, come to my office.” And I haven’t worked for every showrunner in the business but I have worked for a lot and that’s unusual. And that’s not to put down other showrunners because other showrunners in my experience have had a big job to do and I haven’t run into bad showrunners. But Greg is exceptional and when I met with him, I had a meeting with him. I had several meetings with him but this particular one was in season two and we were just talking about where I’m going, what he sees for the character in the next however many years and it was a very successful season so we knew we were going to go far around that time.  And he asked me point blank “do you want to direct?” and I said “Yeah, I do. I do want to direct.” And I said it very similarly to the way I’m saying it now.  I was so taken aback that he would ask me that, it’s always been something that I really, really wanted to do, but I was just taken aback that he would say that.  And he said “Look, when you’re ready, let me know.” That was season two. We’re going in to season seven, that was five years ago, so I wanted to make sure that when I finally did this, this was something that I’d earned, this was something I felt like I really had something to say.  It wasn’t just about the showrunner asking me direct so I’m going to do it.  But I really wanted to say something, in terms of my directing style; I wanted to even develop a style.  Which I didn’t have at the time. So, it’s been something that’s really been on my heart and it really started with an invitation. So I really can’t say enough about him.  Me being able to direct in a show is in no small part because of Greg Berlanti.
Last question, do you have a favorite moment of playing Diggle so far?
David:
I do.  It’s between me and Stephen.  I’m going to say this, I don’t know how crass it’s going to come across but it’s the truth: it was season one and Stephen at the time, now let me paint this picture: Me and Stephen are incredibly good friends now, we joke, it’s amazing that any scene between he and I makes it to camera straight faced because we’re always joking with each other.  Season one, I’m the chauffeur, I’m the guy driving around, and I’ve said this story before, but in the scene it’s his cover so the camera’s on him and I have to whisper in his ear “Mr. Queen, your car is ready.” So when the coverage is on me, I said the correct line, but now the coverage is on him, I whisper in his ear “Mr. Queen, your car is ready,” but I don’t say that, I say “Mr. Queen, I have the biggest, “blank” you’ve ever seen before in your life.” And it pushes in on his face and he just turns completely red, his eyes go a little bit blank, kind of tilts his head a little bit and he totally breaks character.  Now before that, he was like “David Ramsey, very serious actor, blah, blah” so he didn’t even really know that he could even cross that comedic line with me. And so ever since then we try to crack each other up at every opportunity. And it’s all base humor, it’s like fart jokes, it’s just the dumbest, silliest stuff but we work 12 hours a day together so it’s whatever gets you through, but I would say it was the best story because we really got to know each other a lot.

A defining moment in your relationship – it started with a dirty line.
David:
Most do.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

Clare Kramer mentioned DR in her interview at Oz Comic Con (she also talked about her experience playing Glory on Buffy and other stuff)...

Oz Comic Con Interview: Clare Kramer of Buffy, Bring It On
By Mandy GriffithsPosted on Jun 10, 2018
http://moviehole.net/2018138304oz-comic-con-interview-clare-kramer-of-buffy-bring-it-on

You are doing double duty as both guest and host of Oz Comic Con this year. Are there any particular panels or anything that you’re looking forward to?
Clare:
Oh you know, I enjoy talking to all the actors.  David Ramsey is one of my favorites. He’s so great.  So gracious and he’s such an interesting career.  Everyone of course knows him as Diggle in “Arrow” but he played Mohammed Ali in a biopic in 2000, so there are so many interesting things to talk to him about as an actor.  So yeah, that’s a great line-up.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Comic book TV superheroes Green Arrow, Black Canary and Ironfist in Sydney for Supanova
Raylene Bliss   June 10, 2018 
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/inner-west/comic-book-tv-superheroes-green-arrow-black-canary-and-ironfist-in-sydney-for-supanova/news-story/59f43f0a47acd85583d42cda377b963c

Some of the world’s biggest comic book superheroes, including Arrow’s Stephen Amell, are shooting into Sydney this week.

The Canadian actor, who plays Oliver Queen on The CW superhero series, said it was the Green Arrow’s vulnerability that put him apart from the super hero crowd.

“Like Batman and Ironman he doesn’t have any super powers there is a real vulnerability to him that the fans really respond to,” Amell said ahead of Supanova Comic Con & Gaming.
Amell is now looking forward to spending some time in Sydney with wife Cassandra and daughter Maverick, 4½, after his last whirlwind trip to Australia to promote Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows.
Joining Amell at Supanova Sydney, at Sydney Showground from June 15-17, is his co-star Juliana Harkavy who, after appearing two episodes of the Walking Dead TV series, scored the plum role of Dinah Drake – aka the Black Canary – in Arrow.

Harkavy said growing up in such a physically active family — her mother was a dancer and her father a basketball player while she trained in athletics and dance — was good preparation for the physically demanding role of a TV superhero.

Harkavy said it was great that today’s superhero universe contained so many strong female role models.

“Growing up with Batman and Superman we were always running around with capes but it is pretty cool now to be at the point where we have so many more female super heroes,” she said.
The “supa” line-up includes Matt Ryan (Constantine, Legends of Tomorrow), Summer Glau (Arrow, Serenity, Firefly, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) as well as veteran superstars Chuck Norris, Kathleen Turner and Richard Dreyfuss.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow star Stephen Amell isn’t phased when fans call him Oliver but one thing intimidates him
Jonathon Moran   June 11, 2018
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/arrow-star-stephen-amell-isnt-phased-when-fans-call-him-oliver-but-one-thing-intimidates-him/news-story/434244655f842972dea8e533dfbd96a9

STEPHEN Amell answers to both “Stephen” and “Oliver” when people on the street want to say hello.

Being recognised as his character from hit superhero television series Arrow is almost inevitable for the Canadian actor who has starred on the show for six years.

“Every now and then I run into someone who calls me Oliver,” Amell told Confidential.
He is due in Australia later this week for the annual three-day Supanova Comic Con and Gaming event at Sydney Olympic Park that starts on Friday.
Some of his fans have even had his autograph tattooed on their bodies.

“I wouldn’t say it is weird, it doesn’t bother me,” Amell said. “But it is a little bit intimidating, that’s for sure.”

Being invited to Supernova and seeing the support of fans, says Amell, show him what an impact Arrow has made around the world.

“When we make the show in Canada we don’t think a lot about the way that it affects people, so it is fantastic to meet fans,” he says. “It makes the work that we do rewarding.”
There has long been talk of Amell starring in a Hollywood movie for the DC Comics character in the same vein as Aquaman and Superman. While keen, it isn’t something Amell is banking on.

“The idea of taking a giant amount of money and working for two months to make 90 minutes of screen time — where we usually take eight days to make 45 minutes of screen time — that would be amazing,” he says.

“But I don’t know if it is possible. I certainly wouldn’t say no.”

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, TwistedandBored said:

I really don’t get this culture of tattooing some celebrity’s picture or autograph in your body. That is just extreme to me. 

Just no. 

I was watching the Graham Norton Show a couple of years ago and there was a guy in the audience that tattooed them all over the place. I don’t remember if it was a Dr Who or Marve guy who signed his arm that he had saved a special place for but I do remember Graham shuddering though, he does that well. 

(edited)

Ugh - SuperNerds UK's podcast interview with KA at HVFF-London last month..

#83 MEHCAD BROOKS, MARISOL NICHOLS, & KIRK ACEVEDO INTERVIEWS
JUNE 12, 2018 BY SUPERNERDSUK
https://www.orbitaljigsaw.com/podcasts/supernerdsuk/83-mehcad-brooks-marisol-nichols-kirk-acevedo-interviews/ 

-- Interviewer noted that HVFF-London has "gotten a lot bigger" and also noted that SA really "put his shift in" and stayed longer than the scheduled times. He also talked about JB and JB's panel (he thought JB was very "charismatic"). He also said that, at some comic cons, it's obvious that the stars are just there for the money and can't wait to exit the con; however, he said that, at HVFF, all of the stars really seemed to enjoy being there and interacting with the fans.

-- Interviewer: "How have you found it being... probably the nastiest villain ever to grace Arrow?" KA: "I love it. I love it... I love how the Olicity fans despise me." Interviewer: "Ah man, I love that too." KA: "I love it. And then I just go at them on twitter so hard... These people are just nasty on twitter, though." Interviewer thought that 'The Dragon' episode (Diaz's origin story) was "the best episode of Arrow in, like, five years." KA mentioned the "dragon logo" (which replaced the usual arrowhead) as being "cool."

Edited by tv echo
7 minutes ago, tv echo said:

"I love it. And then I just go at them on twitter so hard... These people are just nasty on twitter, though."

He goes at them on twitter so hard, and then complains about the meanies. Poor #KidVicious :*(

• Love 20

We're so nasty yet you're the one hurling your disgusting fans on the Olicity fandom telling these different girls they are going to "get what's coming to them." 

Just cause he gets all sad that most people call him Avocado and would rather have Chase back.

I really feel feel like someone should tweet him the  photo of his HVFF line being empty and him twiddling his thumbs against a photo at the same time of Josh Seggra line being huge. Olicity fans can give you lots money dick....unless you're an asshole, to which you get didly squat.  Clearly youre not getting much from your fellow dude bros misognist fans egging you on twitter.

What a sad pathetic little man.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Olicity fans can give you lots money dick....unless you're an asshole, to which you get didly squat.

That's what makes me laugh at him. Olicity fans are loyal and willing to shell out cash. Chase was a villain we loved to hate, and JS will benefit from that in his future projects. Look how great Hallucination Chase was and the reaction to his return. 

KA managed to lose me as a long time fan with his wonderful attitude, and the continual hype of his sad, subpar villain ensures I'll avoid his future work. 

• Love 14

"I love it. I love it... I love how the Olicity fans despise me."

What the hell do Olicity fans have to do with him being a villain on the show? He's not trying to get with Oliver nor Felicity. Dude is a troll, IMO.

• Love 5

KA: "I love it. I love it... I love how the Olicity fans despise me." Interviewer: "Ah man, I love that too." KA: "I love it. And then I just go at them on twitter so hard... These people are just nasty on twitter, though."

He certainly has an inflated opinion of his importance to the show and his relevance to the Olicity fandom. I can’t say I’ve seen that many Olicity fans tweeting or tagging him directly. It sounds more like he’s playing up to the Reddit crowd than anything else.  

All I can say is that my Olicity loving self is just waiting for him to leave so that we can get a better villain, or at least one I can understand without closed captioning. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, kes0704 said:

He certainly has an inflated opinion of his importance to the show and his relevance to the Olicity fandom. I can’t say I’ve seen that many Olicity fans tweeting or tagging him directly. It sounds more like he’s playing up to the Reddit crowd than anything else.  

All I can say is that my Olicity loving self is just waiting for him to leave so that we can get a better villain, or at least one I can understand without closed captioning. 

I think when he liked the kill Felicity Smoak tweet and he was rude to a fan who brought it up he got some attention from Olicity fans but after that most Olicity fans choose to write him off and not give him any attention other then the odd fan here and there. And no one I ever seen tweet him has been "nasty" but just hasn't kissed his gigantic ego driven ass.

• Love 4
(edited)

Digital Fox's interview with DR at Oz Comic Con (Jun. 9-10, 2018) - no spoilers, nothing new...

David Ramsey on Arrow, Oz Comic-Con and More - Digital Fox Explores
Published on Jun 13, 2018, by Digital Fox

Edited by tv echo
30 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I'm having trouble getting any audio sound, and I don't know why.

I did too. I had to listen to it on my mobile, it’s the only way it worked.

(edited)

One person's opinion (refreshingly, Olicity is not blamed for Arrow's weaker seasons) - the other Arrowverse shows are also talked about, but I didn't quote those portions...

Arrow is currently the best Arrowverse show
Josh Baggins   June 14, 2018
https://bamsmackpow.com/2018/06/14/arrow-currently-best-arrowverse-show/

Arrow started as the pillar of this superhero community until The Flash stole its spotlight. Let’s look back at how the shared universe unfolded year by year and how Arrow has come full circle to once again be the ace in the Arrowverse.
Once upon a time, Arrow was the only DC show on television. Its advent on the CW filled a superhero hole on the small screen with its kinetic editing and nifty fight intervals.
The second year showed no signs of slowing down with Manu Bennett terrorizing our hero as Deathstroke, a suped up maniacal rival of the hooded bowman. Although the finale glimpsed the show’s storytelling fatigue since it did look somewhat similar to the previous year’s as the big bad threatened Star City’s destruction again.
On Arrow, the bout between Oliver and Ra’s al Ghul was one of the most memorable duels ever on TV, nevertheless, after two and half years of fantastic entertainment, the agile archer was slowly losing his footing. The third season culminated in yet another attack on Star City.
Repetition would unfortunately propagate into an unwanted component of the expanding Arrowverse. At this point in the series’ cycles, The Flash is fresh and Arrow is showing signs of aging.
Meanwhile, Arrow has taken a turn for the worse. The once provocative past-present strategy is weighing the show down as the fourth flashback storyline plods along. And magic is now inexplicably a featured element in a show that thrived on its grounded grittiness. Damien Darhk is the mystical villain who threatens to blow up Star City (because no one has tried that before).

With four shows on the CW’s DC lineup, The Flash is clearly outpacing the rest of the super friends.
Arrow struggles to keep from drowning in its timeline structure for its fifth and final year of flashbacks. The show actually learns from past mistakes and develops an intriguing backstory for Prometheus, who has a convincing dynamic with Green Arrow. Prometheus gets under Ollie’s skin like no other villain and focuses on tormenting the marksman rather than blowing up the city.

With Legends and Supergirl remaining as the B-list shows in the Arrowverse, that leaves Arrow and Flash as the heavy hitters, and after their respective seasons 5 and 3, Arrow was closing back in on The Flash’s lead.
Finally, to take us back to where it all began, Arrow returns to its grounded nature in Season 6. It may not be quite as good as the first few years, but Greg Berlanti is pointing Arrow in the right direction.

Ricardo Diaz materializes into a well-rounded powerless gangster with unlimited resources. He acquires multiple armies for Team Arrow to take down and the action choreography keeps getting more creative; assembling ridiculous maneuvers weekly, which are often shot in impressive long takes.

The courtroom dramatics intensify the suspenseful back and forth of whether or not Oliver will be officially outed as the Green Arrow. After another spectacular showdown with Diaz, Ollie finally gives himself up and the season ends with the Green Arrow in a supermax prison – an invigorating stage with unlimited potential for Season 7.

With every show in this DC shared universe seemingly on a downhill trajectory year after year, Arrow is the first to climb back up, and for the time being is fittingly sitting on top of the Arrowverse.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I don't think this is a spoiler, since we already know that FBI Agent Watson survived S6...

Sydelle Noel on season 2 of Netflix’s ‘GLOW’ and being a strong Black lead
by PORSHA MONIQUE   June 14, 2018
https://rollingout.com/2018/06/14/sydelle-noel-on-season-2-of-netflixs-glow-and-being-a-strong-black-lead/

Sydelle Noel is an experienced actress, known for her roles in the Netflix series “GLOW: the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling” (2017), the blockbuster film Black Panther (2018) and the TV series “Arrow” (2012).

In Black Panther, Noel played one of the badass women in the Dora Milaje military. In “Arrow,” she plays an intelligent, no-nonsense and determined FBI agent. In GLOW, she plays the colorful character of Cherry Bang, a professional stunt woman whose career peaked during the Blaxploitation era, and is looking for her chance to become a star.
During the 2018 American Black Film Festival, you’re on the Strong Black Lead panel. Tell us what a strong Black lead character means to you and what they represent.
It’s very simple for me. A strong Black lead means having confidence in yourself, owning who you are and not letting anybody else throw you to the side. In this industry, I had agents who told me that I need to lose weight and stop working out as much, [that I was] “too muscular.” It wasn’t until I got with a great agency who told me “let’s own that muscular side of you.” If I wasn’t that toned, I don’t think I would’ve gotten these two roles in Black Panther [and "GLOW”].
What’s up next for you?
About a month ago, I just finished shooting a film with a friend of mine, Gina Carano. You get to see me playing a villain for the first time, which is great. It’s called Daughter of the Wolf, it’s an action-thriller which is pretty cool. The character I play is called Hobbs. I’m not sure when it’s coming out, probably next year because we just finished shooting.

I’m still auditioning. I don’t take anything for granted, [["GLOW”]s still on hiatus right now, so I’m auditioning for whatever is in between “GLOW” until it comes back up again. Hopefully, you’ll probably see me in the seventh season of Arrow as well since I’m still recurring and my character didn’t die. So you’ll probably be seeing me in that as well.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

Denver Comic Con Q&A: John Barrowman talks “Arrow,” what he enjoys about conventions, and much more
By: Terry Terrones  June 13, 2018
http://gazette.com/denver-comic-con-qa-john-barrowman-talks-arrow-what-he-enjoys-about-conventions-and-much-more/article/1627667

Denver Comic Con runs this Friday through Sunday and it will be loaded with celebrity guests. One of those is a DCC regular - John Barrowman. The British born, American raised actor, writer and performer is best known to U.S. audiences for his roles in “Arrow” and “Doctor Who” but there’s a lot more to Barrowman than Malcom Merlyn or time traveler Captain Jack Harkness. When I talked to Barrowman I found him to be smart, funny, and easy to relate to. Below is a transcript of our conversation. 
Gazette: Do you ever get to socialize with other celebrities at cons?
JB:
We do sometimes. Sometimes we socialize when we’re on the plane, we socialize at the bar in the evening, but other times I just go and do my thing. For me, it’s not about socializing or partying, for me its to be there for the fans. If I can socialize with the celebrities, fine, but sometimes I’ll just go back to the hotel at night and go to bed. That’s what my focus is.  

However, when some of us get together, certain cast members, we do like to have a ruckus, we do like to go out and maybe go out to a karaoke bar. We have been known to cause a little bit of turmoil in the cities that we’re in, which is kind of fun. 

Gazette: What cast members would those be?
JB:
I’m not going to tell you those secrets but everyone who reads this will know its either cast from “Torchwood” or cast from “Arrow.”

Gazette: Last time we saw Malcom Merlyn, he was stepping on a mine on Lian Yu to save Thea’s life. It seemed like that was the end of the Dark Archer. That said, this is “Arrow,” where people thought to be dead aren’t. Have we really seen the last of Malcom Merlyn? 
JB:
I have no idea but if they ask me back I would happily go back as long as all the "t’s" were crossed and the "i’s" were dotted. But it’s not up to me, it's up to the writers. I understand the writing team has all changed, some of the production team has changed. So you never know. I do know that the fans have been saying, all over the country, that they want Malcom Merlyn back, they miss him. If they write me a good story, I’d be happy to do it. In fact, my sister and I have talked about it and we’d even like to write the episodes. 

Gazette: You’d be up for that?
JB:
My sister and I have written nine novels together, we do the “Torchwood” comics for Titan Comics, we’ve done about five series of those. We also wrote the backstory for DC for the Malcom Merlyn comic book. ...
Gazette: What projects are you currently working on?
JB:
Right now I’m doing the graphic novels with my sister and we’ve been going to different networks and movie companies for the series of books that my sister and I have written, the “Hollow Earth” series, for that to be made and put on the screen.

I’ve been doing convention stuff. I’ve kind of taken a little bit of a break, in a sense. But when I say a break, I filmed a TV show with a couple of people in the UK, which is going to be released this summer, so there’s other stuff. It’s not just all America centric, I work all over. 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Good RG interview - he comes across quite well in this one...

CBS Local Interview-Rick Gonzalez
Published on Jun 12, 2018, by CBS Local News

-- RG first talked about how he became an actor and his early acting roles. He also talked about working with Dennis Quaid and Samuel L. Jackson, and learning about professionalism on set. He talked a lot about working on Coach Carter. He also talked about doing comedy.

-- The interviewer then asked RG what it's like playing one character on Arrow (after playing different characters in a bunch of movies). RG: "I think, for me, it's been exciting... Well, for me, I grew up, uh, reading comic books. I grew up collecting Marvel. Uh, Wolverine and Punisher were my favorite. Um, so being a part of like a universe like this was like, dream come true, you know... I didn't know who Wild Dog was, when I got the part, but after doing the research and getting to know him, I reali - got even more excited because he did kinda feel similar to the Punisher and Wolverine. So, in my own way, I was kinda like fulfilling that fantasy as a child to kinda play a badass, you know... I mean, it's been great... Tackling Rene Ramirez-slash-Wild Dog has been a lot of fun. Uh, you know, it's a lot of work in terms of, like, you know, physicality of it all, and just kinda staying in shape, to kinda make the character come alive... But I can't complain, it's a lot of fun."

-- RG said that he has Crohn's Disease and was diagnosed at 17. He also said that he wasn't always responsible about taking care of it but now that he's older and medicine is better, he's more responsible and can manage it better. He said that you just "keep trucking along."

-- The interviewer then asked RG for his "mindset" about what happened in Puerto Rico. RG said that people are still suffering and that things have still not progressed there in the way that things have changed in New Orleans or even Texas. He has felt sadness and disappointment, and sometimes anger. He thought that it was a "deeper issue than just donating money." He was "glad to see that there were so many people who cared."

-- RG mentioned student activists like Emma Gonazales as showing that young people do care about issues.

-- The interviewer then asked him about playing Jesus in the Lady Gaga video. RG said that he was told that he was kissing Norman Reedus, as Judas, in that video. He said that Norman "can really ride a motorcycle."

-- RG said that he'd like to produce his own projects. He's 38, so it's about "identity" for him now and "understanding your identity," so he'd like to "have some projects and connect on that level."

ETA: Here's the CBS Local article about this interview...

Rick Gonzalez: ‘Being On Arrow Is A Dream Come True’
June 14, 2018    DJ Sixsmith
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/06/14/rick-gonzalez-arrow-samuel-l-jackson-old-school/

Edited by tv echo
3 minutes ago, tv echo said:

The interviewer then asked him about playing Jesus in the Lady Gaga video. RG said that he was told that he was kissing Norman Reedus, as Judas, in that video. He said that Norman "can really ride a motorcycle."

Dirty

• Love 3
(edited)

This SA interview is a mixture of nonspoilery and spoilerish comments, so I've quoted the nonspoilery portions below and the spoilerish portions in the Spoilers thread...

Why Stephen Amell Wants The ‘Arrow’ Writers To Live Like There’s No Tomorrow In Season 7
Jun 15th 2018 | Mitch Knox
http://themusic.com.au/interviews/all/2018/06/15/stephen-amell-mitch-knox/

When The Music makes contact with Stephen Amell ahead of his appearance at Sydney’s Supanova Comic-Con & Gaming expo, the Arrow star is in the middle of enjoying some hard-earned family time on holiday in Istanbul.
In Amell’s view, the cleaning of Arrow’s slate on the way into season six was a necessary step to move forward, and not only because the fifth season – with its cyclical conclusion of the flashback storylines that had shared time with the present-day narrative since the show’s first episode – symbolised the conclusion of the first ‘volume’ of the Arrow mythos, but because being freed from that initial framework’s grasp allowed the creative team the room to stop looking backwards and begin laying the seeds for adventures still to come.

“I think that, in a lot of ways, it was a transitionary year,” he muses of Arrow’s sixth year. “There was such a finality to season five, for a variety of reasons, that I don’t know that we could have just pivoted and done some of the things in season six that we’re going to do this coming year.

“Overall, I’m very proud of the year, I’m very proud of the show, I’m very proud of the cast. I thought we did a great job of introducing a couple of new characters – or not introducing, per se, but really weaving a few characters into the fabric of the show. I thought that was great. I’m excited – very, very, very excited – for season seven.”
“We have a new showrunner this year, Beth Schwartz, who’s been with the show since season one,” he explains. “[The writers] have a very clear vision of what they want season seven to be, and what I asked them to do – and it’s not up to me – but what I asked of them is to not just assume that we have an eighth season. I wanted them to write like, ‘If you have a good idea, and you have something you’ve always wanted to do or see on the show, then just do it! Do it right now!’
Another upside of season seven’s take-no-prisoners potential is – much like CW stablemate Supernatural, which underwent a similar transition after its fifth season, powering through a post-Apocalypse lull in its sixth to unexpectedly enjoy an extended, prosperous second era – Arrow feels increasingly as though it’s a show that is being made to engage its existing fans, with less and less concern for attracting new viewers. While streaming services certainly make a show as long-running as Arrow more accessible to new audiences (and that’s definitely a good thing), those who are tuning in on a regular basis during regular-season screenings are unquestionably its raison d'être. So, it makes sense that – again, much like Supernatural – the show will be looking to find new and unexpected ways to repay that loyalty in its next batch of episodes. Although, uh, probably not by crossing over with Scooby-Doo.

“Obviously, you want to lean into things that you think fans would want, right?” Amell reflects. “Concurrently, I’m all for things that make fans mad, because mad is no different than happy. The only thing that I don’t want is indifference.

“I always joke with fans about my alter-ego, Evil Story Steve. If you were to tell me, you know, that four people died in the season premiere of Arrow in season seven, I’d be very sad … but my alter-ego, Evil Story Steve, would be like, ‘Oh – that’s very exciting; why’d that happen?’

“So, I think that making fans happy, clearly, is what you wanna do when you’re on a show in general because you want people to keep watching, as long as you’re not afraid to lean into things that may make them go, ‘But why would you do that? I hate that. That’s awful,’ because that’s not actually what they mean. If someone screams out on Twitter, ‘I’m gonna stop watching the show!’ they’re probably not gonna stop watching the show, you know what I mean?”
“One of the things that I’m most proud about is that, 25 years from now, if they made a Green Arrow film, they would have to make it with John Diggle and Felicity Smoak and Thea Queen and Sara Lance and a lot of the characters that we’ve brought in and have created as we’ve gone along. I hope that not only do those characters start to exist in the comic books if they haven’t already – and some of them have – but I would hope that if you were looking at the blueprint of how to do a successful Arrow show, people would be like, ‘Yeah, you have to have those characters – those characters are a part of it now.’ And the fact that we created a bunch of them, or at least reconstituted some of them in some instances, that’s the most impactful thing that we’ve done.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, tv echo said:

“Obviously, you want to lean into things that you think fans would want, right?” Amell reflects. “Concurrently, I’m all for things that make fans mad, because mad is no different than happy. The only thing that I don’t want is indifference.

Uhhhhh...mad fans become indifferent fans if you piss them off long enough, my guy. This is an unsurprisingly awful take LOL. 

• Love 18
(edited)
10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Uhhhhh...mad fans become indifferent fans if you piss them off long enough, my guy. This is an unsurprisingly awful take LOL. 

I've never understood the all attention whether good or bad is good attention thing. I suppose I understand it in theory, but if a show pisses me off and they continue to do the thing that pisses me off, I usually drop the show. Hatewatching gets old quickly.  

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 4
(edited)

I feel like I've heard similar sentiments from people involved in every scripted drama I've ever loved. I get that "the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference." And I also understand that drama needs tension and conflict, which means there are always going to be aspects of a story that upset and frustrate the audience. But there has to be some kind of payoff for that, and that's where I feel like this show continually misses the mark. What was the payoff for Oliver and Felicity's breakup? What was the payoff of the civil war? What was the payoff of the Susan storyline?

I can sit through an unpleasant storyline if I feel like it's illuminating something about the characters or setting up an important event, but that's almost never the case with this show. Even worse, it's obvious that the writers very rarely write storylines or characters that they want us to hate. There's no intentionality about it, as evidenced by how surprised Mark and Wendy always were when they discovered the audience was reacting negatively to R'as, Susan, NTA, Dragon, [fill in the blank]. So "it's better to hate something than be indifferent to it" always ends up feeling like a post hoc justification for their failures, rather than an actual storytelling strategy.

Having said all of that, there have been many more things I've hated about this show than things I've liked, and I'm still watching, LOL. It's just that my love for the things I've liked (namely OTA and Olicity) is enough to outweigh the things I've hated. At least so far. *ominous chuckle*

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 12