Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Sex, Lies & Facials

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sorry, but Avery is a fuckin' spoiled brat.  What college kid needs a $500 throw pillow?  Hope some random drunk kid rips it to shreds.

Wow, it would've been so nice to throw up in a $500 pillow rather than scratching my face up on some random plastic pillow my parents bought from pick a mart.

Why couldn't they see the value of my comfort while vomiting is beyond me.............

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 6

FWIW, Gracious Homes carries fairly moderately price stuff and I would suspect that Ramona got a deal because of the signage provided at the beginning - and it was pretty clear that Avery wasn't getting the $500 throw pillow.

I don't think Avery is more spoiled than most kids from wealthy backgrounds. She appears to be a hard working even headed kid - unlike most of the useless spawn from Orange County franchise who were for the most part complete losers and just as materialistic. 

It's all relative and most college dorms are far more luxurious than the cinderblock cells that were prevalent 20 or 30 years ago. I was sent to school with stuff reflecting my parents' middle class background but in terms of percentage of income, it was probably more money than the Singers are spending for Avery. 

• Love 4
I do think Heather enjoyed the moment as much as Aviva and think she dost protests too much.

I agree. I wish Heather would just own it. I still like Heather, I don't think this makes her a bad person. She got caught up in the moment and behaved inappropriately. We ALL do it. I'd have a lot more respect for her if she would stop deflecting. 

• Love 2

Carole has other stuff to worry about. Now everybody knows the answer when they are playing their favorite parlor game "Six Degrees of Sonja's Bacon."

She gets it in one. Ouch.

Luanne still wins, she gets it in one hour........

• Love 2
I can't speak for Luann, but the issue for me was that they were discussing it loudly, while another woman was speaking. After the runway show and the speeches, if the women chatted casually amongst themselves, it would not have been a big deal. But this woman is up there sharing her story and they are laughing and passing a phone around and drawing a lot of attention to themselves (and away from the cause). JMO

I agree, ghoulina.  I thought it was horribly rude to be laughing and giggling not only while someone was speaking but was speaking about how cancer was claiming lives and how it had impacted her.  That woman (Bonnie?) had more grace than I would have - - I would have stopped talking and asked the table to share with everyone what was so darn funny.  Because we all know that cancer isn't funny.

I could just imagine how Aviva would have reacted if she had been having one of her many alleged charitable events for limb loss and she was speaking about how it affected her and people were laughing over a text.  Release the Kraken!

I am disappointed that Heather didn't tell Lulu she was partly to blame.

• Love 3

Carole's diatribe against George's behavior would have been very well received... after last week's episode.  Not quite as much after a week watching people all over America call her out for giggling along with him.  I'd have more respect if she'd just admit that she'd been lulled into complacency and the reaction of the audience had reminded her that maybe if we all stopped giggling awkwardly over this stuff and ignoring it, we might make some inroads to making it obsolete or at least less common.

Also, it seems to me that for all her high dudgeon about gossip, we've seen her lean in breathlessly to hear her share. 

I'm curious to hear how the Miss USA thing plays out -- it was slander, and if the production company knew it was patently false and aired it anyway, it goes beyond just blaming Aviva.  They're complicit.

• Love 4

Luanne still wins, she gets it in one hour........

Holy Cow! You are exactly right. I forgot about the Johnny Depp guy. That means she shares a distinction with several thousand tourists, Keith Richards and a confused porpoise.

So Carole shouldn't feel so bad.

• Love 1
(edited)
Until I see more, I don't think Miss USA *consented* to be on a reality show. I think she  - and every other woman who was attending the luncheon - signed a standard name and likeness consent which is quite a bit different than consenting to being slandered as part of a storyline on the show.

We'll see.  I think she ain't gonna do nothin'.  She's trying to be another reality ho.  If she threatens lawsuits, that will put an end to it quick.  And an end to any kind of show biz career cuz nobody in the biz would wanna hire her.  Like I said, she ain't doin' nothin'.  It's the risk you take, agreeing to be on a reality show.  You set yourself up for being slaughtered.  Er, just how many people have we heard about suing realty shows?  Zippo.  There's a reason for dat.  They wanna be there.  And they're OK with gettin' slaughtered.  Good luck to 'em.  Not for me.  There's a reason reality shows attract a certain type -- like Sonja (who's sunk so low & her rep is probably so shitty, she has nothing to lose by being on there) or the Moaner or Veevs & George.

Carole's diatribe against George's behavior would have been very well received... after last week's episode.

Too little, too late, Carole.  Where were you last week?  You're really fuckin' clueless, Carole.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1
(edited)

I saw photos of Miss USA and Cody on Cody's social media page complimenting Nana but didn't see anything that directly addressed the threesome allegations other than Cody retweeting people's comments directed at Ramona being meddlesome. Good for Nana.

A little background on Cody's family:

Her father, Edmond Cody, invested in surveillance and a gun after repeated robberies at their home. In 2000, robbers attempted to invade their home again and her brother grabbed the gun and shot at them, ultimately killing one. One of the robbers shot Cody's father in the back, leading to his paraplegia. The home health care nurse they had failed to respond appropriately to the decubitus ulcers he had, which worsened his condition. The family sued and were awarded $3 million. Her father died in 2010.

Edited by quetzal

Actually now that you think about it Luann doesn't count for the Johnny Depp dopplegangbanger.  The order is wrong. It went from Luann to Sonja. To count it has to go from Sonja to Louann.

Wait that's not right. I guess it does count. It is just much more sanitary and low risk if you go first and then Sonja.

This stuff get's very confusing.

Thanks Ryebread & MyAimIsTrue for the fashion info. All I remember of the 60s is hip huggers & halter tops. Oh for that body now....

Sounds like women have come a long way on TV if you compare Madmen to RHONY. :/ 

• Love 1
(edited)

No one on this show is worth saving.

I completely agree with that.  Although I hope they all stay (sans George) because I want to see Heather's inevitable bad edit and Ramona's comeuppance.

ETA:   You're welcome.  I enjoyed goggling those images this afternoon.  House didn't get cleaned but whatever.

Edited by ryebread

Heather's blog absolves her of all blame:

"Unfortunately, I get prodded into opening a ridiculous text...." "When Aviva nudged me to read what she had sent, and I finally read it..." I hardly think she was forced. If I remember correctly, didn't she ask several times if she should read it?

Then, "Vivie's got to owe someone for her behavior and antics, turning a beautiful luncheon into a comedy show..." I do think Heather enjoyed the moment as much as Aviva and think she dost protests too much. I do think, however, Aviva & George should be off this show asap!

Carole is vilifying Aviva & George on her last two blogs. Where was her revulsion last year when giggling at him or last episode asking him about his fiancee's squirting orgasms?

No one on this show is worth saving.

I think Aviva prodded her to read the text, but instead of just saying "After the speach. I'm listing" she opened it and then by her own admission made a face instead of just reading it and putting the phone back in her purse. She then asked Aviva if the other women could read it. No doubt Aviva set it up (I don't care who "invited" Miss USA, I'm sure Aviva knew and probably set the invite in motion. It's just too big a coincidence.), but Heather played right into her hands and was pretty blasé about displaying the manners of a bored school girl.

Hey I get it. Due to family and career stuff I've spent a fair amount of my time at charity events and they are usually dull with bad food. You do get bored, but when the speeches start, you turn to look, put on an appropriate "serious" smile, and think of England. It's usually 15 minutes out of your life . Shut up and pretend to be a grown up.

And another question why did Aviva single out Heather as her texting buddy? They don't even like each other. Why not Sonjia? She's the only one Aviva actually seems friendly with.

• Love 1

The problem is he's so over the top, it's uncomfortable to watch. I love a good drama -- whether a screaming match or a hair pulling -- but I'm with the audience on this one: get George off the TV. It's sickening to hear an old man sexually degrade women in all kinds of vile ways.

George isn't a pedophile, (still I wouldn't want my teenage daughter anywhere near him). He might be a necrophiliac; he's definitely a pervert, and also a liar.

... Oh yeah, and George? Get off our TV.

The above is from Carole's blog and it is way too little too late. Last week she was giggling about squirting orgasms.

I personally tweeted Carole at least 50 times (yes I was angry) about "getting George off my TV" and calling what he does sexual assault. And I saw dozens of tweets to her saying the same thing. On everything she tweeted.

I will say, I am glad she is at least saying it now.

• Love 4

Rhetorica: The show evolves from the very late 50s, I believe, to 1968ish.  So the fashions went from buttoned up school marmy to swingin' 60s.  I think this is why Aviva's fashion choices don't faze me that much because I love that era. I've seen Aviva copy all of these looks:

mad-men-jones_400.jpg

This: http://molempire.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/mad_men_season_2_fashion_6-594x418.jpg

This:  http://ris.fashion.telegraph.co.uk/RichImageService.svc/imagecontent/1/TMG9167689/k/Mad-men-cover_2177867a.jpg

Betty's Parisian look (the middle one) was everything.  Best outfit on Mad Men, hands down. 

No one brings up sex more than Carole.

There is no way in hell that Carole brings up the topic of sex more than Sexy J herself. 

• Love 2
The above is from Carole's blog and it is way too little too late. Last week she was giggling about squirting orgasms.

Indeed. I get the feeling that she is making a fuss now to curry favor with the viewers. Her protestations are falling on deaf ears with me. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Actually now that you think about it Luann doesn't count for the Johnny Depp dopplegangbanger.  The order is wrong. It went from Luann to Sonja. To count it has to go from Sonja to Louann.

Wait that's not right. I guess it does count. It is just much more sanitary and low risk if you go first and then Sonja.

This stuff get's very confusing.

Who went first with Harry? 

Edited to add:

Not only do we know Sonja, Luann, Aviva, and half of Manhattan have been Duboned, but we also know about The Amazing MaxMax's contributions to this Sonja-hosted STD potluck. The way it spreads, Sonja's bacon must have come from wild boar.

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 1

I personally tweeted Carole at least 50 times (yes I was angry) about "getting George off my TV" and calling what he does sexual assault. And I saw dozens of tweets to her saying the same thing. On everything she tweeted.

I will say, I am glad she is at least saying it now.

Should she have said something earlier? Of course she should have. The point to me is that she said something now. She didn't wait until George did something specifically to her. Her blog is epic. I would call it a rant, which I absolutely love. She seems like she is completely over this bullshit.

• Love 7
(edited)

Yeah, well, I hope more viewers are all over Andy Cohen's scummy ass for calling George's misogynist bullshit hilarious.  Carole's too skeered of him to do that.

Er, if Simon is right, it looks like Andy Cohen is getting roasted by viewers on Twitter -- awesome!

http://bravoratings.com/2014/03/12/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-season-6-ratings/

Calling misogynist behavior hilarious is inexcusable.  And no, nobody has moved on from him doing that.  He wishes everyone would, but I fucking won't, Andy Cohen, you dick.

Just as I predicted, ratings are plummeting.  It's not just George, who should never be on the show ever again.  Same for Veevs.  She's just too evil, nasty, unpleasant & vile.  I don't want to see this awful woman anymore.  The big question to me is -- how out of touch is Andy Cohen, that he found this stuff with George hilarious & wanted to make him the star of the show?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

Did we discuss on TWOP how the ratings are affected negatively when people DVR?  Is that true?  Do you think this is why Heather wrote that?

I thought she wrote that because she wanted people to live tweet with her rather than watch the episode later. 

• Love 1

Aviva not filming at these times makes no sense to me. Don't get me wrong less Aviva the better. She really is just a puzzle, isn't she?

To me, it's not that baffling. She's been a pampered narcissist her whole life. She's used to doing what she wants, and not doing what she doesn't want to do. And people with this personality trait always find a way to get out of doing stuff they don't want to do, even if it's a contractual obligation, by coming up with excuses. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find my inhaler.

• Love 7
(edited)

I thought it weird how Carole went to the masseuse, incognito, to get to the bottom of the rumor.  Here is where Carole loses me:  If she's so confident and secure, why does she let someone like Aviva get her so hepped up she gets grabby on a staircase and why does she care if Russ slept with Sonja 2 years ago?

When she confronted Sonja she said it didn't happen.  She called Russ and HE said it didn't happen. But even after both confirmations, she still dons a disguise to visit the masseuse to "get to the bottom of this rumor".  Odd behavior, imo.

ETA:  This info is from Carole's blog this week. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1

Did we discuss on TWOP how the ratings are affected negatively when people DVR?  Is that true?  Do you think this is why Heather wrote that?

Actually, I read that DVR viewing only counts in the ratings if you watch the recorded program in the next 48 hours. So I think Heather is trying to get people to watch the show live to get the ratings up. (In addition to live tweeting).

• Love 2

Yeah, well, I hope more viewers are all over Andy Cohen's scummy ass for calling George's misogynist bullshit hilarious.  Carole's too skeered of him to do that.

I guess since it's just so funny, he would also find it funny for George to behave the same way with him and rub his ancient penis up against his back. 

• Love 1
I thought she wrote that because she wanted people to live tweet with her rather than watch the episode later.

Tweets help ratings now, in ways I don't get.  It's one of the things the CW cited when they renewed Beauty and the Beast, which gets approximately 2 viewers.  I think she's after that general social media buzz because it's counted (and because it might attract new viewers).

Actually, I read that DVR viewing only counts in the ratings if you watch the recorded program in the next 48 hours. So I think Heather is trying to get people to watch the show live to get the ratings up. (In addition to live tweeting).

I think there's different metrics.  There's Live + 3 days, I think, and Live + 7.  That last one I'm sure of, because I read an article claiming The Walking Dead audience increased by 10 million when they included Live + 7.

But really, with a show like this...I think it lives or dies on social media as much as actual audience size.  And this show right now really has no buzz, far as I can tell.  It's certainly not like ATL.

Heather can't admit her role in spreading the gossip because it's the thing she calls out as being negative about Ramona.  

Carole's blog is kinda awesome.  Maybe she's going to start bringing it on-screen. 

• Love 3

I wonder if Aviva was aware of how little she might be missed when she decided to not be a apart of certain events? Likewise Ramona? Some of the best scenes this year have included neither of them. I loved Heather's rooftop party, the gals swimming and having fun in the Berkshires, and most of the stuff at Saratoga. For all that the season has sucked in lots of ways, there has also been some great female bonding and good times. Almost none of the good times include Ramona or Aviva. Looks like Aviva will carry on per usual and miss the Montana trip, while Ramona will just bitch and moan her way through it, making everyone wish she would have stayed behind (maybe they don't have a/c in Montana). Although I detest Ramona to her very core, I always thought she was necessary for this show. Her absence has made me realize this is probably not the case.

• Love 3

Did we discuss on TWOP how the ratings are affected negatively when people DVR?  Is that true?  Do you think this is why Heather wrote that?

I thought she wrote that because she wanted people to live tweet with her rather than watch the episode later.

She said that, but even if half the viewers were DVRing, that still leaves a whole lot of folks to live tweet with her.  How many can one live tweet with at a time? 

Which also makes me wonder:  Do the Hos get some kind of reward/kickback/whatev when they get people to follow them/tweet them on twitter?  If so, that might be another reason to encourage tweets.

Or it could be she wants to help ratings. Or, just like she says, she just likes to live tweet with 250,000 people at a time.

I'm curious to hear how the Miss USA thing plays out -- it was slander, and if the production company knew it was patently false and aired it anyway, it goes beyond just blaming Aviva.  They're complicit.

According to Alex McCord's blog, when you agree to appear on the show, which Miss USA did, then the waiver you sign includes a clause prohibiting you from suing Bravo. However, there is no such waiver against suing a cast member. I hope she sues Aviva. Suing George doesn't make any sense because it's just hearsay. Aviva is the one who broadcast the gossip. If anything, maybe it'll force a retraction. Aviva will have to say that she made it up (doubtful she'd admit to this), or that she just repeated what her father told her, but that he made it up. Either way, it would be an acknowledgement of sorts that she uses her lecherous father for a storyline.

Alex McCord's take on Nana bringing suit against George and Aviva.  Allegedly, Alex was with Nana's attorney last night and they were waiting to see what was aired.:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/173520/the_raunchy_comment_that_may

OMG - Alex's voice just grates.  Why do we have to view a video to get her thoughts?  She's a fugly bad laugher.  She reads what she is speaking - I am having a hard time getting through this.  All her vocal ticks and she thinks she's so clever.  Ugh.  Do not bring her back!

I saw photos of Miss USA and Cody on Cody's social media page complimenting Nana but didn't see anything that directly addressed the threesome allegations other than Cody retweeting people's comments directed at Ramona being meddlesome. Good for Nana.

A little background on Cody's family:

Her father, Edmond Cody, invested in surveillance and a gun after repeated robberies at their home. In 2000, robbers attempted to invade their home again and her brother grabbed the gun and shot at them, ultimately killing one. One of the robbers shot Cody's father in the back, leading to his paraplegia. The home health care nurse they had failed to respond appropriately to the decubitus ulcers he had, which worsened his condition. The family sued and were awarded $3 million. Her father died in 2010.

There's more info in the George thread.

Betty's Parisian look (the middle one) was everything.  Best outfit on Mad Men, hands down. 

I thought it was more Patsy from AbFab.

I thought it weird how Carole went to the masseuse, incognito, to get to the bottom of the rumor.  Here is where Carole loses me:  If she's so confident and secure, why does she let someone like Aviva get her so hepped up she gets grabby on a staircase and why does she care if Russ slept with Sonja 2 years ago?

When she confronted Sonja she said it didn't happen.  She called Russ and HE said it didn't happen. But even after both confirmations, she still dons a disguise to visit the masseuse to "get to the bottom of this rumor".  Odd behavior, imo.

When did Carole go incognito?  Is that a sneak peek next week?

• Love 1
(edited)
Suing George doesn't make any sense because it's just hearsay.

Exactly right.  George hasn't appeared again & said they had a threesome.  And Veevs didn't make a direct accusation either.  There is no lawsuit.  But it does make me very suspicious of Miss USA & what her motives are.  To create some attention & PR for herself over threats of a lawsuit?  She's an attractive young lady.  What her character is actually like, I have no idea.  The same can be said for Cody as well.  Sorry, but I'm suspicious of anybody who agrees to appear on a reality show.

Alex feels sorry for Kells.  Er, huh?  WTF?  Kells is a deluded lunatic.  She still believes people don't think she's completely out of her mind.  Oy.  Maybe it's hiding her penis for so long that's making her so nuts.  Let it go free already, Kells.  Let it finally go free.  Its probably tired of being bound up in teensy weensy running shorts.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Just a shoutout and a thanks to whomever (or whoever?) compared this episode and the gossipy gal to the movie "The Women". I was unfamiliar with it, but with your comments, as well as those from Carole in her blog (she loves this movie), I am going to check it out. I love these forums not just for the snark, but for the insight. I was unfamiliar with Grey Gardens before I got hooked on TWoP, and I am so glad I was introduced to such a lovely and disturbing documentary.

• Love 4

Agree with all posters that Aviva and George need to go.  He is disgusting and I can't believe that she enjoys, even brags, about his words and actions.

Ramona and Kim are ridiculous about the girls going away to college. I think they're crying because they feel sorry for themselves that they will be alone once they go. I took my daughter 1500 miles away to college and there were tears when we said good-bye at the school.  I felt proud that she was in a good college and didn't even think about pulling the "feel worry for me cause my child is gone for four years."

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm confused about the "reporting" posts about Avery and Emory and also about bed sheets.  Where is that info coming from?

Do you have a crystal ball to see into the future or are you referencing a blog or an un-aired episode?

Edited by Talented Tenth
  • Love 1

Exactly right.  George hasn't appeared again & said they had a threesome.  And Veevs didn't make a direct accusation either.  There is no lawsuit.  But it does make me very suspicious of Miss USA & what her motives are.  To create some attention & PR for herself over threats of a lawsuit?  She's an attractive young lady.  What her character is actually like, I have no idea.  The same can be said for Cody as well.  Sorry, but I'm suspicious of anybody who agrees to appear on a reality show.

Just to play devil's advocate - isn't it plausible she had no idea they were going to invent a disgusting threesome storyline involving her? Maybe they told her to show up at this luncheon to interact with the HW's since she had recently met Aviva (and George and Cody) at Jill Zarin's party at the Hamptons. Going by her talk with Ramona, she seemed to have no idea what Ramona was talking about.

• Love 3

George hasn't appeared again & said they had a threesome. And Veevs didn't make a direct accusation either. There is no lawsuit. But it does make me very suspicious of Miss USA & what her motives are. To create some attention & PR for herself over threats of a lawsuit?

She is probably revolted being linked to that disgusting pig, and threatening to sue is better than just letting that obvious lie hang in the air, without refuting it with everything she's got.

• Love 1

Just to play devil's advocate - isn't it plausible she had no idea they were going to invent a disgusting threesome storyline involving her? Maybe they told her to show up at this luncheon to interact with the HW's since she had recently met Aviva (and George and Cody) at Jill Zarin's party at the Hamptons. Going by her talk with Ramona, she seemed to have no idea what Ramona was talking about.

Or maybe an appearance on TRHONY is a contractional obligation of Miss USA. The winners seem to make a lot of reality TV appearances and I was always under the impression that Trump wrote them in as a part of their duties as Miss USA.

• Love 1
(edited)

Miss USA would have to be able to prove that Aviva knew what she was saying was false and was lying with the intention to harm. There is no recourse for gossip.

Edited by psychnurse

Or maybe an appearance on TRHONY is a contractional obligation of Miss USA. The winners seem to make a lot of reality TV appearances and I was always under the impression that Trump wrote them in as a part of their duties as Miss USA.

But even if you're obligated to appear on reality shows to promote the Miss USA pageant, that doesn't mean the show has free reign to slander you, right? And legally speaking, even if the show isn't liable because of the waiver, she can still go after the cast. (I think.... Again, this is according to Alex's blog).

The winners seem to make a lot of reality TV appearances and I was always under the impression that Trump wrote them in as a part of their duties as Miss USA.

And many reality TV personalities make appearances on Trumps Apprentice.  What a tangled web!

Miss USA would have to be able to prove that Aviva new what she was saying was false and was lying with the intention to harm. There is n o recourse for gossiping.

Right. Libel and/or slander are extremely hard to prove. I just hope she could use a lawsuit, or the threat of one, to force some sort of retraction or apology. I don't know her from Adam, but she doesn't deserve her reputation to be smeared like this just because she agreed to appear on this show.

• Love 1
(edited)

Have to say, Alex really annoys the fuck outta me.  She's speaking like THE resident expert on Housewives shows AND New York nightlight.  Er, no.  She says beauty pageant winners are all over NYC events.  Okaaaay.  Er, huh?  Since when, Alex?  I've never seen any.  What the fuckety fuck are you talking bout, hun?  Go away, please.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
I have to get used to all these multiple threads. I was really trying to avoid reading a thread dedicated to him. Blech.

quetzal:  I haven't clicked on the thread even once because I have a slight case of Carolenoia - I think Andy is stalking these threads and he's checking to  see how many hits George's thread is getting.   

I don't want him to think George is interesting enough for him to keep around for next season.  Assuming there is one.

Hi Andy!  /crazy

• Love 2

I have to get used to all these multiple threads. I was really trying to avoid reading a thread dedicated to him. Blech.

I hear ya.  I am not a fan of a thread for each episode but I do like the character threads.  Helps from side tracking the show discussion.  (ex, all the Bethenney crap and all the stuff that was 'dug' up on Cody/Dana.)

Right. Libel and/or slander are extremely hard to prove. I just hope she could use a lawsuit, or the threat of one, to force some sort of retraction or apology. I don't know her from Adam, but she doesn't deserve her reputation to be smeared like this just because she agreed to appear on this show.

Agreed.  Perhaps it will be enough to force a retraction.

• Love 1