Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

I like her too even though I think she's delusional about the state of her relationship with Adam and that she really should have been more wary of a friendship with Bethenny. I like Carole even though I think she needs to get a real job that is intellectually stimulating because surrounding herself with these idiots has stunted her ability to use her brain.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I like her too even though I think she's delusional about the state of her relationship with Adam and that she really should have been more wary of a friendship with Bethenny. I like Carole even though I think she needs to get a real job that is intellectually stimulating because surrounding herself with these idiots has stunted her ability to use her brain.

Not to get in the middle of the Bethenny/Carole grudge match but seemed to me as if Bethenny was expressing that Carole had gone to the banal side of the conversation with her recent relationship with Tinsley.  Didn't Bethenny say something about they just talk about fake eyelashes?  Granted it had to be daunting for Carole to talk about Bethenny all the time but what a departure.

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh okay, she called Adam an operator, not an opportunist.

Totally different.

I'm sort of getting the idea that Bethenny, now that she has had this epiphany in regards to Puerto Rico, is sort of considering the lives of the other cast members rather shallow.  I mean she's been involved for a couple of minutes with #thiscrisis, but yeah, the rest of them are silly.  Got it.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Bethenny is asking someone to "please stop screaming"?  

Wow.

And she really was screaming herself just a few moments before. I think Beth thinks that, because Tinsley’s voice becomes more shrill when she screams, and Beth’s does not, it’s okay to tell her to stop screaming.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

And she really was screaming herself just a few moments before. I think Beth thinks that, because Tinsley’s voice becomes more shrill when she screams, and Beth’s does not, it’s okay to tell her to stop screaming.

I think Bethenny believes anything she does is fine but that no one else is allowed to do the exact same thing. LOL

• Love 15
(edited)
On 5/10/2018 at 8:48 PM, ryebread said:

If he was using Carole and then called her, "crying and begging" and asking for "more Carole in my life", yeah, that qualifies as a little bitch, imo.

That said, Carole revealing that he did that (if he did) - complete with shaking hands to indicate he was all!shook!up! - was a whole nother definition of bitch.

It was just another self-promotional opportunity to show us how much "gorgeous," 20-something Adam can't get enough of her.

I wonder how much she paid via her publicist for those social media celebrity mentions.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Oh okay, she called Adam an operator, not an opportunist.

Totally different.

I'm sort of getting the idea that Bethenny, now that she has had this epiphany in regards to Puerto Rico, is sort of considering the lives of the other cast members rather shallow.  I mean she's been involved for a couple of minutes with #thiscrisis, but yeah, the rest of them are silly.  Got it.

Yeah, he is an operator but he is pretty!!!!

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think Bethenny believes anything she does is fine but that no one else is allowed to do the exact same thing. LOL

You’re right. Did you see Alonzo’s excellent post in the epi thread?

Tinsley : Sonja

Beth : Jill

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, missy jo said:

I still like Carole. There had to be at least one of us, lol. 

There’s dozens of us! Dozens! 

Ok maybe not. But at least 3 or 4 of us. I can see where some of the things she says and does could rub people the wrong way. She’s certainly not without her quirks.

But overall I think she’s interesting and intelligent.  She’s led a full and interesting life. \sarcasm\ I mean despite being a hideous, old barren widow, ofc \sarcasm\

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

@ItIsAboutThePasta - though many are differently credentialed, you've just described pretty much every.single.cast.member of every.single.RHO.

Ha! And yet none of them get me as riled up as Carole (ok... maybe Ariana from VDPR).  It must be something about the Cool Girl patina wearing off to expose the Insecure Mean Girl.@ItIsAboutThePasta you nailed Carole perfectly.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ItIsAboutThePasta said:

What kills me about Carole is her hypocrisy and her lack of honesty.  Nothing about her really adds up. 

She's supposed to be this amazing journalist and author, but really what has she done?  She wrote one story that was based on her life, and then some chick lit that piggybacked on the theme.  I think What Remains was heavily edited and redone before publishing, and then she had a writing partner for Widow's Guide.  I've read her blogs and she is a terrible writer when she writes on her own without an editor.  Shockingly bad.  Incorrect spelling, grammatical errors, misused words, metaphors that don't make any sense.  If she didn't have the Kennedy connection, she never would have gotten a publishig deal.  She's not truly a "writer", because she doesn't write and doesn't show any inclination to.  After those books, what did she do?  She wrote some columns for Glamour, in which getting to interview celebs like the Kardashians was deemed "so her".  She couldn't get it together to publish a book of essays, even after several deadline extensions, which ultimately got her dropped by her publisher.  She tried to put together some basic ass cookbook with Adam, couldn't sell it to anyone, and it got her dropped by her agent.  Since then she's done nothing, save for some little one-pager in Cosmo (this year) about her running the marathon.  And with all of those projects she acted like it was the biggest pain in the ass for her to actually have to sit down and write.  And her shock! that there are actual deadlines? in writing!?, like she'd never heard of such a thing before.  Because Carole loves to play stupid when it suits her.

She droned on and on and on about the election and how informed and intelligent she was about it all, yet she did nothing to be actively involved.  She didn't work for Hillary's campaing or use her profile on the show to raise money or anything.  She just bitched on Twitter.  I simply do not buy that someone who was truly a hardworking, ambitious journalist and writer would one day stop and then show no desire to be part of their field after that.  Until someone offends her, then she gets up on her high horse about her journalistic pedigree.  It's all smoke and mirrors with her.  She just flits from thing to thing, and now she's found some amount of fame/popularity on a reality show and it's gone to her head and made her an asshole.  She has nothing going on, so she contrives lame ass boring storylines for herself.  Adam, the failed cookbook, her feud with Luann, foster kittens and dog weddings, her election mania, the marathon, now the feud with Bethenny.

She claims that whoever she is currently beefing with is a Mean Girl, never recognizing that she does all of the things she disdains in others.  She talks shit about the other women behind their backs and in her THs, she body shames them, she slut shames them, she lords her supposed intellect and alleged journalistic background over them.  She chides the other women for letting a man (Tom) come in between their friendships, yet she turns on her friends when they criticize her boyfriend.  Adam is wonderful and perfect and how dare Bethenny or anyone else ever say anything remotely critical or negative about him! 

She spent the entirety of her relationship with Adam telling everyone that it was super casual and not a big deal and just fun for now, then she tries to claim the breakup was on par with Luann getting a very public and embarrassing divorce.  She and Adam are just FWB, yet it would be a betrayal if he dated someone else.  And she has no self-awareness that 1) this is probably what he did to Nicole when he started seeing Carole and 2) he conveniently shows back up for filming and paid/sponsored vacations.

She behaves badly and then hides behind stronger friends in order to get away with it and she never owns up to anything.  She laughs off the possibility that Nicole might have been hurt by the situation with Adam or that it might be awkward for Luann. No one knew about the pedo joke she made until Carole brought it up on the show, and Carole's the one who kept giving it life by dragging out that ridiculous overwrought feud with her.  She forced Bethenny to leave Jules' brunch because Luann was there, and then let B take the fall for it. 

She claims to be a feminist and about female empowerment, yet she excused and encouraged George's disgusting and sexually predatory behavior.  She was absolutely sickening the way she talked about and to Jules about her eating disorder, yet she somehow skates on all of that.

And I could maybe overlook some of these things, and have a small amount of sympathy for her deep-seated insecurity, if she wasn't such a smug petty bitch while acting like Cool Girl.

Many writers/authors have horrid grammar, spelling, ect, which is why most books are gone over by editors before they are published, Carole is not alone in this category. LOL She admits that she used an editor with WR and it is very possible that someone "helped" her write WG, they are 2 very different types of books. She is an award winning journalist though from when she worked for ABC, which again, is a very different style of writing from writing books. I think that she really only had 1 good book in her, WR and should stick to writing articles now.  I believe she stepped away from journalism because it reminds her too much of her late husband (he was also a journalist), she seems stuck in time.

As for the election, she did get actively involved by going door to door to get people to vote. As for her being more active on camera, I'm not sure how much more she could do on camera as they only started filming a few weeks before the election. 

Yes, Carole is a "mean girl", she either learned it from Bethenny or revealed it when she and Bethenny became besties. As for her getting upset with Bethenny over Adam, Bethenny was singing Adams praises until he dared to say No to her and then, only then did Bethenny start smack talking him AND Carol and she did it behind Carole's back on camera. So, Yeah, I can see why Carole was confused at first and then got angry about it. Bethenny played Carole, not the other way around.

Carole didn't "force" Bethenny to leave Jules brunch, it was Bethenny's idea to leave and to do it without saying good bye. Look, I'm not saying that Carole hasn't been an ass but she isn't any worse than Bethenny, IMO, she isn't as bad/mean/spiteful as Bethenny is. And Ramona/Sonja also thought George (Aviva's slimy dad) was funny/adorable until Ramona/Aviva had their falling out.

• Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, ItIsAboutThePasta said:

What kills me about Carole is her hypocrisy and her lack of honesty.  Nothing about her really adds up. 

She's supposed to be this amazing journalist and author, but really what has she done?  She wrote one story that was based on her life, and then some chick lit that piggybacked on the theme.  I think What Remains was heavily edited and redone before publishing, and then she had a writing partner for Widow's Guide.  I've read her blogs and she is a terrible writer when she writes on her own without an editor.  Shockingly bad.  Incorrect spelling, grammatical errors, misused words, metaphors that don't make any sense.  If she didn't have the Kennedy connection, she never would have gotten a publishig deal.  She's not truly a "writer", because she doesn't write and doesn't show any inclination to.  After those books, what did she do?  She wrote some columns for Glamour, in which getting to interview celebs like the Kardashians was deemed "so her".  She couldn't get it together to publish a book of essays, even after several deadline extensions, which ultimately got her dropped by her publisher.  She tried to put together some basic ass cookbook with Adam, couldn't sell it to anyone, and it got her dropped by her agent.  Since then she's done nothing, save for some little one-pager in Cosmo (this year) about her running the marathon.  And with all of those projects she acted like it was the biggest pain in the ass for her to actually have to sit down and write.  And her shock! that there are actual deadlines? in writing!?, like she'd never heard of such a thing before.  Because Carole loves to play stupid when it suits her.

She droned on and on and on about the election and how informed and intelligent she was about it all, yet she did nothing to be actively involved.  She didn't work for Hillary's campaing or use her profile on the show to raise money or anything.  She just bitched on Twitter.  I simply do not buy that someone who was truly a hardworking, ambitious journalist and writer would one day stop and then show no desire to be part of their field after that.  Until someone offends her, then she gets up on her high horse about her journalistic pedigree.  It's all smoke and mirrors with her.  She just flits from thing to thing, and now she's found some amount of fame/popularity on a reality show and it's gone to her head and made her an asshole.  She has nothing going on, so she contrives lame ass boring storylines for herself.  Adam, the failed cookbook, her feud with Luann, foster kittens and dog weddings, her election mania, the marathon, now the feud with Bethenny.

She claims that whoever she is currently beefing with is a Mean Girl, never recognizing that she does all of the things she disdains in others.  She talks shit about the other women behind their backs and in her THs, she body shames them, she slut shames them, she lords her supposed intellect and alleged journalistic background over them.  She chides the other women for letting a man (Tom) come in between their friendships, yet she turns on her friends when they criticize her boyfriend.  Adam is wonderful and perfect and how dare Bethenny or anyone else ever say anything remotely critical or negative about him! 

She spent the entirety of her relationship with Adam telling everyone that it was super casual and not a big deal and just fun for now, then she tries to claim the breakup was on par with Luann getting a very public and embarrassing divorce.  She and Adam are just FWB, yet it would be a betrayal if he dated someone else.  And she has no self-awareness that 1) this is probably what he did to Nicole when he started seeing Carole and 2) he conveniently shows back up for filming and paid/sponsored vacations.

She behaves badly and then hides behind stronger friends in order to get away with it and she never owns up to anything.  She laughs off the possibility that Nicole might have been hurt by the situation with Adam or that it might be awkward for Luann. No one knew about the pedo joke she made until Carole brought it up on the show, and Carole's the one who kept giving it life by dragging out that ridiculous overwrought feud with her.  She forced Bethenny to leave Jules' brunch because Luann was there, and then let B take the fall for it. 

She claims to be a feminist and about female empowerment, yet she excused and encouraged George's disgusting and sexually predatory behavior.  She was absolutely sickening the way she talked about and to Jules about her eating disorder, yet she somehow skates on all of that.

And I could maybe overlook some of these things, and have a small amount of sympathy for her deep-seated insecurity, if she wasn't such a smug petty bitch while acting like Cool Girl.

Well you've clearly got strong feelings and given this a great deal of thought, so I'm not going to waste time trying try to sway you or point out the many inaccuracies. Although I do feel compelled to correct that she absolutely did volunteer for Hillary's campaign.  So, no, her political activism was not limited to "bitching on Twitter."   

However, I would like to say that I am 100% positive I could come up with a list this long - or longer - about almost ANY housewife (from any city) pointing out the discrepancy between things they say, and things they actually do.  In fact, I'm positive I could pen a mini-novel about Sonja alone. No ghostwriter needed.  But I guess none of the other women act like "cool girls" so their lying, dishonesty, atrocious behavior is OK? 

As WireWrap said above, the woman is FAR from perfect.  She 100% has flaws, as they ALL do.  I guess I just don't get why some are so adamant in their hate for the woman when she's probably exhibited a small FRACTION of the nasty, vile behavior that women like Ramona have done over the years.  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Well you've clearly got strong feelings and given this a great deal of thought, so I'm not going to waste time trying try to sway you or point out the inaccuracies. Although I do feel compelled to correct that she absolutely did volunteer for Hillary's campaign.  So, no, her political activism was not limited to "bitching on Twitter."   

However, I would like to say that I am 100% positive I could come up with a list this long - or longer - about almost ANY housewife (from any city) pointing out the discrepancy between things they say, and things they actually do.  In fact, I'm positive I could pen a mini-novel about Sonja alone. No ghostwriter needed.  But I guess none of the other women act like "cool girls" so their lying, dishonesty, atrocious behavior is OK? 

As WireWrap said above, the woman is FAR from perfect.  She 100% has flaws, as they ALL do.  I guess I just don't get why some are so adamant in their hate for the woman when she's probably exhibited a small FRACTION of the nasty, vile behavior that women like Ramona have done over the years.  

They also all get their fair share of criticism, too.

For me, I don't even bother with Ramona and Sonja because I've written them off as lost causes. Carole, however, actually seems liked she is stable and sensible enough that she should know better.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Well you've clearly got strong feelings and given this a great deal of thought, so I'm not going to waste time trying try to sway you or point out the inaccuracies. Although I do feel compelled to correct that she absolutely did volunteer for Hillary's campaign.  So, no, her political activism was not limited to "bitching on Twitter."   

So Carole's bad behaviour shouldn't receive negative attention simply because there are women who behave worse than her?

And it's unfair to insinuate that the poster is suggesting that the other women don't lie and behave poorly just because they haven't posted about the other women in here...this is a thread dedicated to Carole. It's not fair to assume what they think because they aren't talking about Tom, Dick and Harry in a Carole thread.

Carole exhibits almost all of the same poor traits that the other women do - she may not be as frequent about it as a Ramona or Sonja but it doesn't therefore make her excused from the conversation of bad etiquette and mean spirited behaviour. And as someone who isn't a fan of Carole, I can say that her hypocrisy and cattiness (yes, there is evidence of both) is bothersome to me because it's completely embedded in a condescending attitude that I interpret as her thinking she's better than the other women without realizing how she is also guilty of acting like them. Phaedra is another example of someone who was critical of everyone else and relied on her lawyer smarts to try and one up everyone when she was very much involved in vile behaviour and she hid behind this religious facade. But to be clear, Carole isn't even on the same hemisphere of awful as what I think Phaedra Parks is - but my point is that when people see your attitude as being condescending, your own bad behaviour gets highlighted that much more.

All of the other women act like complete fucks, but they have an ounce of humility to them that I think Carole lacks.

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

So Carole's bad behaviour shouldn't receive negative attention simply because there are women who behave worse than her?

And it's unfair to insinuate that the poster is suggesting that the other women don't lie and behave poorly just because they haven't posted about the other women in here...this is a thread dedicated to Carole. It's not fair to assume what they think because they aren't talking about Tom, Dick and Harry in a Carole thread.

Carole exhibits almost all of the same poor traits that the other women do - she may not be as frequent about it as a Ramona or Sonja but it doesn't therefore make her excused from the conversation of bad etiquette and mean spirited behaviour. And as someone who isn't a fan of Carole, I can say that her hypocrisy and cattiness (yes, there is evidence of both) is bothersome to me because it's completely embedded in a condescending attitude that I interpret as her thinking she's better than the other women without realizing how she is also guilty of acting like them. Phaedra is another example of someone who was critical of everyone else and relied on her lawyer smarts to try and one up everyone when she was very much involved in vile behaviour and she hid behind this religious facade. But to be clear, Carole isn't even on the same hemisphere of awful as what I think Phaedra Parks is - but my point is that when people see your attitude as being condescending, your own bad behaviour gets highlighted that much more.

All of the other women act like complete fucks, but they have an ounce of humility to them that I think Carole lacks.

I suspect the problem Duke2801 had was the misinformation in the initial post, which is what I called out. I admit, I have a hard time just calling out Carole for the nasty behaviors she/Bethenny did together because 1) I believe that Bethenny was THE dominate/boss of the 2, 2) they both did it together as a team, especially against Jules. Now, that doesn't mean that Carole hasn't been as ass all by herself, she has been but the examples given in the initial post were base on incorrect information IMO.

As for "humility", I don't believe Bethenny has any either, in fact, may of the HWs lack it, not all but quit a few. I suspect Bravo looks for women that lack it on purpose. LOL

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, anonymiss said:

They also all get their fair share of criticism, too.

They certainly do, and the List of Ugly is long:  Sonja making con woman promises to producers who lost earnest money based on her lies, Bethenny slut shaming  (and dating that predatory creep, Cerrusi) Ramona...well, being Ramona (and throwing a glass at a co-worker). Luann having no problem marrying an anti-Semite and bearing his children (and treating his bigotry as if it were some madcap part of being French) and on and on.  Radziwill (imo) has earned her place in the Hall of The Heinous for criticizing/deriding a woman with disordered eating  (especially minus any apology or awareness of what she did) but honestly, at this point, they're all guilty of doing something unspeakable (with the exception of Tinsley - so far) and no one housewife is coming from a place of clean hands.  

I suspect Bravo looks for women that lack it on purpose. LO

I'm sure it's part of the psych test they give them as to their suitability for reality tv -- unlike normal employers (who run from narcs with deep scars and no self awareness) Bravo looks at that kind of woman,  licks their collective lips, and shoves a contract in their face.  

ETA: Carole did work for HRC's campaign.

"I actually worked for the Hillary Clinton campaign, so that’s why you see I’m very passionate about it and very vocal about my support of her because I worked for the campaign, and I think you see part of that on the show,"

http://toofab.com/2017/05/03/rhony-star-carole-radziwill-dishes-on-her-election-party-and-what-really-went-down-with-ramonas-invite-exclusive/

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I suspect the problem Duke2801 had was the misinformation in the initial post, which is what I called out. I admit, I have a hard time just calling out Carole for the nasty behaviors she/Bethenny did together because 1) I believe that Bethenny was THE dominate/boss of the 2, 2) they both did it together as a team, especially against Jules. Now, that doesn't mean that Carole hasn't been as ass all by herself, she has been but the examples given in the initial post were base on incorrect information IMO.

As for "humility", I don't believe Bethenny has any either, in fact, may of the HWs lack it, not all but quit a few. I suspect Bravo looks for women that lack it on purpose. LOL

The post that was 'corrected' was based on a single episode where she went door to door in Pennsylvania but from my memory (and I did a subsequent google search to be sure), I went several pages in and couldn't find any evidence of Carole volunteering as part of Hillary's campaign. Was she promoting Hillary on social media? Yes. Was she part of fundraisers or canvassing votes (when the cameras weren't around), etc.? There's not much evidence to suggest that she did. But that wasn't my argument so I'm not going to delve too much into that because I'm not particularly bothered by how much or how little she personally invested in campaigning for Hillary. 

And again, this is a Carole thread. If you don't want to speak about Carole's nasty behaviour without mentioning Bethanny, then by all means but if someone chooses to discuss the positive and/or negative of the individual who this thread is dedicated to without referencing every other woman on the show, it's not fair grounds to insinuate what their feelings are about the other women. It's disingenuous to come into a Carole thread and complain about someone sharing their thoughts on Carole as if poor Carole is the only person that ever gets criticized despite being the supposedly least despicable of the group (as if that's some kind of accomplishment)...come on now, ALL of these women get criticism and if you really don't want to hear Carole criticism and would rather talk about how nasty Bethanny is, then maybe the Bethanny thread or the episode thread where people can speak in real time about how horrible Bethanny behaves (which happens very often) may be the best place to hang out if that's the discussion one is looking to engage in. 

Based on their behaviour on the show, they are all shades of awful and I, nor anyone else should have to apologize or even have to explain why pointing out my issues with one cast members does not equate to co-signing the behaviour of all the other women as being okay. 

I didn't claim that any of the women had much humility just that they've had moments where they're exhibited humility, even Bethanny in some few cases. Nothing about Carole sticks out to me. Maybe there are examples, but it's clearly not a trait that I personally associate to Carole. I just have little patience for people I perceive as condescending and Carole fits that in my books. And I'm never letting her walk back from how she treated Jules. Even Bethanny kind of came around on Jules but Carole was completely vile with how she handled it. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

The post that was 'corrected' was based on a single episode where she went door to door in Pennsylvania but from my memory (and I did a subsequent google search to be sure), I went several pages in and couldn't find any evidence of Carole volunteering as part of Hillary's campaign. Was she promoting Hillary on social media? Yes. Was she part of fundraisers or canvassing votes (when the cameras weren't around), etc.? There's not much evidence to suggest that she did. But that wasn't my argument so I'm not going to delve too much into that because I'm not particularly bothered by how much or how little she personally invested in campaigning for Hillary. 

And again, this is a Carole thread. If you don't want to speak about Carole's nasty behaviour without mentioning Bethanny, then by all means but if someone chooses to discuss the positive and/or negative of the individual who this thread is dedicated to without referencing every other woman on the show, it's not fair grounds to insinuate what their feelings are about the other women. It's disingenuous to come into a Carole thread and complain about someone sharing their thoughts on Carole as if poor Carole is the only person that ever gets criticized despite being the supposedly least despicable of the group (as if that's some kind of accomplishment)...come on now, ALL of these women get criticism and if you really don't want to hear Carole criticism and would rather talk about how nasty Bethanny is, then maybe the Bethanny thread or the episode thread where people can speak in real time about how horrible Bethanny behaves (which happens very often) may be the best place to hang out if that's the discussion one is looking to engage in. 

Based on their behaviour on the show, they are all shades of awful and I, nor anyone else should have to apologize or even have to explain why pointing out my issues with one cast members does not equate to co-signing the behaviour of all the other women as being okay. 

I didn't claim that any of the women had much humility just that they've had moments where they're exhibited humility, even Bethanny in some few cases. Nothing about Carole sticks out to me. Maybe there are examples, but it's clearly not a trait that I personally associate to Carole. I just have little patience for people I perceive as condescending and Carole fits that in my books. And I'm never letting her walk back from how she treated Jules. Even Bethanny kind of came around on Jules but Carole was completely vile with how she handled it. 

Just an FYI, Bethenny never came around to Jules, except to give her, her divorce attorney's number/name (I think) but she never apologized for the things she said/did to Jules the entire season. Both Carole and Bethenny were extremely nasty/ugly to her. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Many writers/authors have horrid grammar, spelling, ect, which is why most books are gone over by editors before they are published, Carole is not alone in this category. LOL She admits that she used an editor with WR and it is very possible that someone "helped" her write WG, they are 2 very different types of books. She is an award winning journalist though from when she worked for ABC, which again, is a very different style of writing from writing books. I think that she really only had 1 good book in her, WR and should stick to writing articles now.  I believe she stepped away from journalism because it reminds her too much of her late husband (he was also a journalist), she seems stuck in time.

I think her conversational skills, TH quips & blog posts differ so wildly from her published works that it really makes me suspicious as to how much of that was really her writing and how much was the editors.  As for her stint at ABC News, I'd really have to see the receipts on what exactly she did to contribute to those stories.  Did she win an award or was she on a production team that won an award?  Where are the awards in her house?  You know Carole would talk about them, display them and they would be behind her on the green screen in her THs.  I get the sense that she was part of a production team, coordinating logistics behind the scenes, but not contributing much actual writing.  Again, I have to look at her body of work that is publicly available vs what she vaguely claims she did.  I'm not trying to take anything away from her love for her husband or her genuine grief over his death, but I suspect that her stepping away from journalism was more about her not being able to hack it on her own than anything else.  It's why she never wrote the (contractually obligated) book of essays or the cookbook with Adam.  She crafted this identity as a journalist/writer, but she doesn't really have the drive or ability to do it, and it's too late to admit the truth now.  Carole talks about her career in journalism the way Sonja talks about her marriage to Old Man Morgan.  She's living in the past just as much as Sonja is.  These are things that Carole did 20 years ago that have virtually no connection to who she is or the life she leads now.  Yet she trots the skeleton of her dead and buried career out as a means to elevate her position in her own mind and prove that she's smarter, more informed and more accomplished than the other women.

7 hours ago, film noire said:

ETA: Carole did work for HRC's campaign.

"I actually worked for the Hillary Clinton campaign, so that’s why you see I’m very passionate about it and very vocal about my support of her because I worked for the campaign, and I think you see part of that on the show,"

http://toofab.com/2017/05/03/rhony-star-carole-radziwill-dishes-on-her-election-party-and-what-really-went-down-with-ramonas-invite-exclusive/

As with her fudged journalist credentials, I don't believe the spin that Carole puts on any of her endeavors.  The only thing she specifically mentions in that article is what we saw on the show, the door-to-door canvassing at the tail end of the campaign.  As RHJunkie pointed out, there is no evidence that she did anything for the campaign beyond that.  Bethenny even directly asks her why she isn't more actively involved in the election/politics if she's so passionate about it, and Carole demurs that she would have to pick up her life to move to DC.  Bethenny counters that there's plenty of politics in NY she could get invovled in, and Carole doesn't have a response.

11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Carole didn't "force" Bethenny to leave Jules brunch, it was Bethenny's idea to leave and to do it without saying good bye. Look, I'm not saying that Carole hasn't been an ass but she isn't any worse than Bethenny, IMO, she isn't as bad/mean/spiteful as Bethenny is. And Ramona/Sonja also thought George (Aviva's slimy dad) was funny/adorable until Ramona/Aviva had their falling out.

Force was probably too strong a word (Carole just gets me so riled up!), but she was definitely the catalyst for their rapid departure.  They had both agreed ahead of time that they weren't going to stay for the whole thing, but the minute Luann showed up Carole started pouting and telling Bethenny she wanted to leave nownownow.  They did say goodbye to everyone and then did that kind of weird semi tour of the indoor pool before running out the door once Luann joined them.  You're right that Bethenny is also a total asshole during the entire brunch.  I'm a fan, and I probably wouldn't have been bothered by her badgering about the construction, but that's just my personality.  I fully understand why Jules (or anyone else) would have been annoyed and offended by what she was saying.  These are not her friends, she just met them!  Take your own advice, B, and "dip your toe in" before you start hammering them like an angry prosecutor.

I will grant you that Ramona was bizarrely accepting of George until the whole fracas at the charity event when she had him thrown out.  But I don't think Sonja was ever cool with him, even before he got really gross with her.  She seemed put off and maybe a little offended that Aviva had tried to set them up.  And then as soon as he showed how disgusting he was, she was done with him and only laughed off his presence in social situations because, IMO, she was just trying to keep things light and casual because it all made her so uncomfortable and she didn't want Aviva to feel bad about her pig of a father.

10 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Oh I totally agree!  The other women, especially Jill, Sonja & Ramona, have been absolutely vile at various points.  And I could write for pages and pages about the reprehensible things that Ramona has said and done over the years, expressing virtually no remorse afterwards.  My post was specific to Carole because this is the Carole thread, but I don't give the other women a pass for any of their shitty behavior.  I do genuinely enjoy Bethenny, but she can be wretched and sometimes hard to watch.  Her behavior towards Jules was unforgivable, especially since she should know better and be more sympathetic given her insider's perspective.  But I suspect that Bethenny (and Carole) felt incredibly threatened by Jules and her openness about her ED, because it might shine the spotlight on their own food/body issues.  I don't think either ever apologized to her or acknowledged how fucked up their beheavior towards Jules was and they really should have.  They were next level awful.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, ItIsAboutThePasta said:

(Carole just gets me so riled up!)

I love that you can say this, because that is exactly how I feel about certain housewives and their personalities. Carole annoys me, but Bethenny gets me so riled up. I think it's just her abrasiveness and the caustic way that she talks over the others. It triggers something in me. 

Same with RHoBH. Dorit annoys me like a mosquito that I just want to swat away, Teddi's voice and hand movements make me yell at her whenever I see her, but something about Erika's personality and the way she is so dismissive and above it all makes me seethe and feel total discomfort.

It's great that we have these forums to vent our strong opinions and I really appreciate that people can express without being judged or shamed for their perspectives.

Edited by Happy Camper
added a word: caustic caus·tic ˈkôstik/Submit adjective 1. able to burn or corrode organic tissue by chemical action. "a caustic cleaner" synonyms: corrosive, corroding, abrasive, mordant, acid "a caustic cleaner" 2. sarcastic in a scathing and bitter wa
  • Love 11
(edited)
14 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

And I, not anyone else, should have to explain or apologize for pointing out errors or inaccuracies about a certain housewife in a thread dedicated to said housewife.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Just an FYI, Bethenny never came around to Jules, except to give her, her divorce attorney's number/name (I think) but she never apologized for the things she said/did to Jules the entire season. Both Carole and Bethenny were extremely nasty/ugly to her. 

They did have a decent one on one with each other where Jules talked about her eating issues. If I recall correctly, Bethanny didn't act like an asshole and judgemental in that sit down, but I think that may have been before their dinner showdown which pretty much sums up Bethanny - she can smile with you one minute and then her 'honesty' will bite you hard the next and she goes too far and then she apologizes or infers some kind of regret for how she handled things...rinse and repeat. For as much shit as she gives Ramona, Bethanny does the exact same thing about always talking before thinking and thinks demonstrating some kind of awareness for her behaviour makes her this really self-aware and honest person. It still makes her an asshole often. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

And I, not anyone else, should have to explain or apologize for pointing out errors or inaccuracies about a certain housewife in a thread dedicated to said housewife.

Of course...but I'm not sure why you're pointing that out to me when I at no point ever suggested otherwise.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

They did have a decent one on one with each other where Jules talked about her eating issues. If I recall correctly, Bethanny didn't act like an asshole and judgemental in that sit down, but I think that may have been before their dinner showdown which pretty much sums up Bethanny - she can smile with you one minute and then her 'honesty' will bite you hard the next and she goes too far and then she apologizes or infers some kind of regret for how she handled things...rinse and repeat. For as much shit as she gives Ramona, Bethanny does the exact same thing about always talking before thinking and thinks demonstrating some kind of awareness for her behaviour makes her this really self-aware and honest person. It still makes her an asshole often. 

Bethenny went right back insulting Jules without skipping a beat and Bethenny doesn't apologize, she rationalizes why you deserved her rudeness/ugly behavior/wrath. Nothing is ever Bethenny's fault, someone always "makes "me" go there" . I'm not saying that the others don't do stupid/mean stuff but they don't blame their victims as often as Bethenny does and she is no more evolved than Ramona because they both repeat their nasty/bad/horrid behaviors over and over again, apologize/rationalize, rinse, repeat. LOL

• Love 13
(edited)
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny went right back insulting Jules without skipping a beat and Bethenny doesn't apologize, she rationalizes why you deserved her rudeness/ugly behavior/wrath. Nothing is ever Bethenny's fault, someone always "makes "me" go there" . I'm not saying that the others don't do stupid/mean stuff but they don't blame their victims as often as Bethenny does and she is no more evolved than Ramona because they both repeat their nasty/bad/horrid behaviors over and over again, apologize/rationalize, rinse, repeat. LOL

I'm not a defender of Bethanny and she more often than not pisses me right off but this isn't Bethanny's thread so I don't wanna take it off course, lol. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Bethenny never came around to Jules, except to give her, her divorce attorney's number/name (I think)

Gotta tell ya, if I were in need of a divorce attorney, I'm fairly certain that Bethenny Frankel's would be the last one I would retain.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, ItIsAboutThePasta said:

I think her conversational skills, TH quips & blog posts differ so wildly from her published works that it really makes me suspicious as to how much of that was really her writing and how much was the editors.  As for her stint at ABC News, I'd really have to see the receipts on what exactly she did to contribute to those stories.  Did she win an award or was she on a production team that won an award?  Where are the awards in her house?  You know Carole would talk about them, display them and they would be behind her on the green screen in her THs.  I get the sense that she was part of a production team, coordinating logistics behind the scenes, but not contributing much actual writing.  Again, I have to look at her body of work that is publicly available vs what she vaguely claims she did.  I'm not trying to take anything away from her love for her husband or her genuine grief over his death, but I suspect that her stepping away from journalism was more about her not being able to hack it on her own than anything else.  It's why she never wrote the (contractually obligated) book of essays or the cookbook with Adam.  She crafted this identity as a journalist/writer, but she doesn't really have the drive or ability to do it, and it's too late to admit the truth now.  Carole talks about her career in journalism the way Sonja talks about her marriage to Old Man Morgan.  She's living in the past just as much as Sonja is.  These are things that Carole did 20 years ago that have virtually no connection to who she is or the life she leads now.  Yet she trots the skeleton of her dead and buried career out as a means to elevate her position in her own mind and prove that she's smarter, more informed and more accomplished than the other women.

As with her fudged journalist credentials, I don't believe the spin that Carole puts on any of her endeavors.  The only thing she specifically mentions in that article is what we saw on the show, the door-to-door canvassing at the tail end of the campaign.  As RHJunkie pointed out, there is no evidence that she did anything for the campaign beyond that.  Bethenny even directly asks her why she isn't more actively involved in the election/politics if she's so passionate about it, and Carole demurs that she would have to pick up her life to move to DC.  Bethenny counters that there's plenty of politics in NY she could get invovled in, and Carole doesn't have a response.

Force was probably too strong a word (Carole just gets me so riled up!), but she was definitely the catalyst for their rapid departure.  They had both agreed ahead of time that they weren't going to stay for the whole thing, but the minute Luann showed up Carole started pouting and telling Bethenny she wanted to leave nownownow.  They did say goodbye to everyone and then did that kind of weird semi tour of the indoor pool before running out the door once Luann joined them.  You're right that Bethenny is also a total asshole during the entire brunch.  I'm a fan, and I probably wouldn't have been bothered by her badgering about the construction, but that's just my personality.  I fully understand why Jules (or anyone else) would have been annoyed and offended by what she was saying.  These are not her friends, she just met them!  Take your own advice, B, and "dip your toe in" before you start hammering them like an angry prosecutor.

I will grant you that Ramona was bizarrely accepting of George until the whole fracas at the charity event when she had him thrown out.  But I don't think Sonja was ever cool with him, even before he got really gross with her.  She seemed put off and maybe a little offended that Aviva had tried to set them up.  And then as soon as he showed how disgusting he was, she was done with him and only laughed off his presence in social situations because, IMO, she was just trying to keep things light and casual because it all made her so uncomfortable and she didn't want Aviva to feel bad about her pig of a father.

Oh I totally agree!  The other women, especially Jill, Sonja & Ramona, have been absolutely vile at various points.  And I could write for pages and pages about the reprehensible things that Ramona has said and done over the years, expressing virtually no remorse afterwards.  My post was specific to Carole because this is the Carole thread, but I don't give the other women a pass for any of their shitty behavior.  I do genuinely enjoy Bethenny, but she can be wretched and sometimes hard to watch.  Her behavior towards Jules was unforgivable, especially since she should know better and be more sympathetic given her insider's perspective.  But I suspect that Bethenny (and Carole) felt incredibly threatened by Jules and her openness about her ED, because it might shine the spotlight on their own food/body issues.  I don't think either ever apologized to her or acknowledged how fucked up their beheavior towards Jules was and they really should have.  They were next level awful.

Carole began working as an intern at ABC News in 1985.  Her awards were all as part of a production team.  What I disagree with is Carole claiming her "decades long" career at ABC News.  "I have decades of working it at ABC News. I covered campaigns. I’ve covered countless political stories and interviewed senators and congressmen and politicians and governors, so I have a pretty good understanding of how Washington works."   As a paid employee Carole has maybe a decade with ABC News, and according to Carole part of that was as a secretary.  I also have issues with the use of the word "covered".  Carole was not the on air talent and but for the way she speaks I would think both she and Anthony were upfront in the 1993 Menendez trial.   She may have written (doubtful) researched (likely), interviewed witnesses, produced and that has such a broad application but she did not cover the stories or events.  Anthony's tenure at ABC news was even shorter than Carole's.  Anthony joined ABC Sports in 1988, moved to the news division in 1989, was diagnosed and received treatment for testicular cancer, sidelined due to a recurrence in 1994.  Carole also had to take leave and essentially never returned to ABC to care for Anthony.  

I think we pretty much saw Carole's work for the HRC campaign.  She and her mother went to Pennsylvania, with a camera crew in tow, and worked  knocking on 40 doors (at least we got a count this time) and threw an election party, (sponsored by Skinnygirl) with a camera crew in tow.

It seems to me that Carole's writing about her days at ABC News have extended her tenure with ABC News.  Even her return in 2003, was not an ABC production, it was a Jerry Buckheimer's, which aired on ABC as a six episode documentary.  Carole would have been involved in one episode.

To me because Carole's career path has stalled a few times I think she goes back to what she was comfortable with and adds the greatest gravitas -journalist.  Andy Cohen got a degree in broadcast journalist and worked for CBS news for 10  years with his final position at CBS being lead producer of the morning show. Andy seems quite comfortable with the title of Television Personality.  Maybe Carole should give it a try.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I would get Jason's. haha

Or Katie Holmes'. 

No wait. I would marry Kelsey and then get Camille's.

Don't get Jason's. The divorce took forever, but he never ended up with more than was set out in his prenup.

Katie Holmes' was her dad who agonized over her prenup. She kept putting off her marriage to Tom until the prenup was done. Her dad also helped Katie escape from Tom.

I think Kelsey was too high on coke to sign a prenup, but Camille helped him get and stay clean during their relationship.

Hire Katie's or Camille's.

• Love 4
On 5/18/2018 at 2:29 PM, WireWrap said:

Yes, Carole is a "mean girl", she either learned it from Bethenny or revealed it when she and Bethenny became besties.

Inaccurate. Carole's nastiness was on display long before Beth rejoined the cast. For some, it was hard to see because it's dark up Holla's arse and Holla was a fan favorite. Hollerin' for Holla.

On 5/18/2018 at 4:19 PM, RHJunkie said:

And it's unfair to insinuate that the poster is suggesting that the other women don't lie and behave poorly just because they haven't posted about the other women in here...this is a thread dedicated to Carole.

Preach.

On 5/18/2018 at 4:54 PM, WireWrap said:

I admit, I have a hard time just calling out Carole for the nasty behaviors she/Bethenny did together because 1) I believe that Bethenny was THE dominate/boss of the 2, 2) they both did it together as a team, especially against Jules.

Bingo. Do ya think maybe this is also why some have a hard time seeing that Carole was nasty in prior seasons and are suddenly surprised at how awful she is?  Substitute Heather's name in your post above, and Aviva's for Jules.

This is the way Radzi rolls. I suspect she always has. It didn't start, and won't end, with Bethenny.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, ryebread said:

Inaccurate. Carole's nastiness was on display long before Beth rejoined the cast. For some, it was hard to see because it's dark up Holla's arse and Holla was a fan favorite. Hollerin' for Holla.

Preach.

Bingo. Do ya think maybe this is also why some have a hard time seeing that Carole was nasty in prior seasons and are suddenly surprised at how awful she is?  Substitute Heather's name in your post above, and Aviva's for Jules.

This is the way Radzi rolls. I suspect she always has. It didn't start, and won't end, with Bethenny.

For me the difference is that Aviva came for Carole first and Carole fought back. Did she go overboard, Yes and even Heather told her she did. That is another difference between the Heather/Carole friendship and the Bethenny/Carole friendship, H/C could and did call each other out for bad behavior, it wasn't blind backup no matter what but with the B/C friendship, it was total backup no matter how awful 1 of them was. So, maybe your theory just shows the differences between the 2 dominate HWs, that being Heather and Bethenny, Heather was/is more grounded, caring, compassionate and more willing to move on, Bethenny is not.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ryebread said:

Agree to disagree.  Carole flung poo first.

Yeah, I very much disagree with the premise that Carole only responded to Aviva drawing first blood. 

At the season six premiere party, she was - from my perspective - already working to cut Aviva from the herd when she feigned incredulity to Heather that, omg can you believe it? "Aviva's here." (Why wouldn't a member of the cast be at a contractually obligated event and the inaugural event of filming, no less?) 

Then, at the lunch rendez-vous that would launch BookGate, before any references were ever made to What Remains, Carole acted put upon, rolled her eyes and grimaced, leapt at the opportunity to wax offended at the insult to the craft to which she's dedicated her life, and sneered "that's not a book, that's a letter to your mother" regarding Aviva's essay. 

To me, it is particularly clear in retrospect that Carole had Aviva pegged for the condescension she'd slung at LuAnn the year prior. IMO, she planned to deploy the same passive aggression but (stupidly, after the blowup in St. Barth's) didn't expect Aviva to give it and more back to her with both barrels. 

And while I do regard Heather as fundamentally less twisted than either Carole or Bethenny, I thought there were plenty of instances when she and Carole fed into each other's bad behavior. Although Heather was definitively the more reasonable and decent of the pair, she did drunkenly chase Aviva around LuAnn's Hampton home and, after trying to affect that initial summer detente between Veevs and Carole, became increasingly entrenched in Carole's grudge. 

It would have been interesting to see how Heather reacted to Carole's pervertedness the following season vis-a-vis Jules. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

And while I do regard Heather as fundamentally less twisted than either Carole or Bethenny, I thought there were plenty of instances when she and Carole fed into each other's bad behavior. Although Heather was definitively the more reasonable and decent of the pair, she did drunkenly chase Aviva around LuAnn's Hampton home and, after trying to affect that initial summer detente between Veevs and Carole, became increasingly entrenched in Carole's grudge. 

100%.  I did not like Heather.  Thug in a cocktail dress. Instigator and a bully in a skully. That said, I softened toward her after she left the show.  Partially, because...she left the show.  Respect. Her SM lead me to believe there might've been some trouble starting to brew in her marriage and she chose her family.  I like that she's learned to take better care of herself and seems to plan her work and work her plan.  

But boy, oh boy, I thought she was just heinous in the season of the Montana trip. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ryebread said:

100%.  I did not like Heather.  Thug in a cocktail dress. Instigator and a bully in a skully. That said, I softened toward her after she left the show.  Partially, because...she left the show.  Respect. Her SM lead me to believe there might've been some trouble starting to brew in her marriage and she chose her family.  I like that she's learned to take better care of herself and seems to plan her work and work her plan.  

But boy, oh boy, I thought she was just heinous in the season of the Montana trip. 

I wonder how Heather feels about Carole/Bethenny fall out.  By the end Heather's last season I go the impression Carole had thrown Heather over for Bethenny.  It had to have smarted.  Heather's partner had frozen her out of wages for 18 months from Yummie Tummie, so it had to hurt when she had to forego her RH salary.  Her story line of fighting Spanx was pulled out from under her.  I can see where Carole and Heather are probably commiserating over the Bethenny situation.

I hate to say it but the most boring season ever was Kristen, Carole, Heather, Aviva and Montana they could even get an out of the country trip.  RHOBH goes to Calgary and party with Steven Tyler and on to Amsterdam and NY got the Berkshires without an air conditioning and a dusty dude ranch.  

• Love 7
(edited)

I am always flummoxed by the idea that Bethenny is somehow responsible for Carole's mean girl behavior. It has been there the whole time. She immediately started in on Lu when she first joined this show. As referenced above and she went for Aviva immediately (and I can not STAND Aviva). To throw it back to ancient history, her bestie decades ago was Carolyn Bessette. While lovely, poised, and since her death pretty much canonized, Carolyn was not known "on the streets" for her pure as snow behavior. Carole is not some naive girl brought to the brink of meanness by Bethenny. She is very familiar with it. And I think her favorite tactic is to separate someone from the pack and isolate them. 

I always kind of liked Carole, even though I had a hard time with her whole feet on the dashboard, I'm just a carefree bohemian thing (transparent.) I've followed her on Instagram for years and had to unfollow her this past summer. It was very clear to me that she was changing into almost a Kardashian type - all vacations (paid for by who knows who), ass shots, promotions, and questionable content. I found it just unappealing. She definitely strikes me as one of those people who doesn't have the best sense of self and so she adopts the personality of whomever she attaches herself to at that time. That type of friend gets really close, really quickly and then abandons you just as quickly for her next host. Tinsley is ideal for now because she feeds into Carole's need to believe in a true love scenario with Adam and so she'll wear the frilly Tinsley-esque dresses and act like a 10 year old, but eventually, Tinsley will also be replaced.

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 19

Bethenny knew exactly what she was doing and what kind of reaction she'd get when she brought Adam into the mix. Adam has been (and most likely will forever be) Carole's trigger word. I disagree when people say that Carole has treated this relationship as casual.  She has been anything but casual with Adam since day 1.  She boasted to any and all (and even in the face to face with Luann IIRC) that once they hooked up they were "pretty much living together". Ramona made a comment in season 7 about how Carole was "screwing Adam" and Carole flipped her shit and was like don't call it that!!!! Meanwhile Carole wants an emoji for screwing so she can announce it to the world (and Adam's mother)

In the opening of season 8 they are (Carole's words) "nesting" which IMO had definite implications of making a home together, complete with a menagerie of animals all named Baby and she was calling Adam "Papa". Read into that what you will. She also had the cat epiphany and said that although she had set up things in her life up to be temporary some things might not be so temporary after all (Adam?). Then we jump to season 9, why even mention that they are "shacking up" when they were supposedly already practically living together and he is moving out? It's to make her look like the cool one in their break-up that most likely happened back during season 8 since they had that weird on camera discussion about their eventual break-up. Carole even did an interview about them nesting and that they were getting engaged and then she did a ha ha the engagement part is a joke but I think she really wanted one from him (the dog wedding probably got her hopes up). 

I think Bethenny knows things about this relationship and knows there's something off about it. Bethenny said some sly little hints when in season 9 she was discussing Tom being a bald loser and how you never hear about Adam running around on Carole (just he way she said and the look in her eye to me seemed like Bethenny knew something was up  http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/search?q=carole+radziwell&max-results=8) And then she really caught Carole off guard with the "when did you two last have sex" when Carole showed up after court (going to fight for her widdle baby boy) and Carole was all flustered and seemed looking for a quick answer said 'this morning" but it somehow rang false. I know everyone was like "Oh look how youthful, free and easy Carole is riding on his handlebars weeeee", when frankly it just made her look silly and foolish and just highlighted the age difference even more. You don't downgrade from convertible (Russ) to bicycle (Adam), it was so phony and staged and I was embarrassed for her to film this ridiculousness on more than one occasion.

Adam has said he wants kids and most guys don't want to start a family in their 40's or 50's.  And Carole might live into her 90's and who wants to start a family in your 60's or 70's? Luann warned her not to get serious about someone so much younger but since Carole was in her I'm aging backwards period she felt she was  fresh dewy debutante and the same generation as Adam. 

Carole has been away from ABC news about as long as she ever worked there. She calls herself a journalist but I don't think I've ever even seen a clip of her on air. All of this talk of being embedded in war zones and I saw one or two pics but nothing else, not even an article from or about her time there. But even if she was there she was paid to be there while Bethenny was there to help people on her own dime. She calls herself a writer but she hates to write. A coworker's SO is a writer and has had books published and her poetry represented by our city and she is always writing and carries notebook with her at all times. She can't stop writing.  Carole puts out fluff pieces that are on a high school level. She can't even finish a cook book that meant a lot to Adam even though Teresa (NJ) has like 4 and Bethenny has 8 books (not all cookbooks), the Countess has a book, they all have them except the one who boasts about being a writer (yes, she has 2 but she wrote those eons ago). She never has said exactly what her Emmy's and Peabody were specifically for which makes me believe it was part of a group effort and not an individual award. She said in her blog she founded a charity, what charity? Who won the Nobel prize because of Carole's contribution? Is she taking credit for getting this woman on the ball? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jody_Williams 

The only thing Carole is more psychotic about than Adam is her career. Bethenny knew right where to get her. Adam and her career, can't wait to see how this plays out and how down and dirty the reunion is.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Bethenny knew exactly what she was doing and what kind of reaction she'd get when she brought Adam into the mix. Adam has been (and most likely will forever be) Carole's trigger word. I disagree when people say that Carole has treated this relationship as casual.  She has been anything but casual with Adam since day 1.  She boasted to any and all (and even in the face to face with Luann IIRC) that once they hooked up they were "pretty much living together". Ramona made a comment in season 7 about how Carole was "screwing Adam" and Carole flipped her shit and was like don't call it that!!!! Meanwhile Carole wants an emoji for screwing so she can announce it to the world (and Adam's mother)

In the opening of season 8 they are (Carole's words) "nesting" which IMO had definite implications of making a home together, complete with a menagerie of animals all named Baby and she was calling Adam "Papa". Read into that what you will. She also had the cat epiphany and said that although she had set up things in her life up to be temporary some things might not be so temporary after all (Adam?). Then we jump to season 9, why even mention that they are "shacking up" when they were supposedly already practically living together and he is moving out? It's to make her look like the cool one in their break-up that most likely happened back during season 8 since they had that weird on camera discussion about their eventual break-up. Carole even did an interview about them nesting and that they were getting engaged and then she did a ha ha the engagement part is a joke but I think she really wanted one from him (the dog wedding probably got her hopes up). 

I think Bethenny knows things about this relationship and knows there's something off about it. Bethenny said some sly little hints when in season 9 she was discussing Tom being a bald loser and how you never hear about Adam running around on Carole (just he way she said and the look in her eye to me seemed like Bethenny knew something was up  http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/search?q=carole+radziwell&max-results=8) And then she really caught Carole off guard with the "when did you two last have sex" when Carole showed up after court (going to fight for her widdle baby boy) and Carole was all flustered and seemed looking for a quick answer said 'this morning" but it somehow rang false. I know everyone was like "Oh look how youthful, free and easy Carole is riding on his handlebars weeeee", when frankly it just made her look silly and foolish and just highlighted the age difference even more. You don't downgrade from convertible (Russ) to bicycle (Adam), it was so phony and staged and I was embarrassed for her to film this ridiculousness on more than one occasion.

Adam has said he wants kids and most guys don't want to start a family in their 40's or 50's.  And Carole might live into her 90's and who wants to start a family in your 60's or 70's? Luann warned her not to get serious about someone so much younger but since Carole was in her I'm aging backwards period she felt she was  fresh dewy debutante and the same generation as Adam. 

Carole has been away from ABC news about as long as she ever worked there. She calls herself a journalist but I don't think I've ever even seen a clip of her on air. All of this talk of being embedded in war zones and I saw one or two pics but nothing else, not even an article from or about her time there. But even if she was there she was paid to be there while Bethenny was there to help people on her own dime. She calls herself a writer but she hates to write. A coworker's SO is a writer and has had books published and her poetry represented by our city and she is always writing and carries notebook with her at all times. She can't stop writing.  Carole puts out fluff pieces that are on a high school level. She can't even finish a cook book that meant a lot to Adam even though Teresa (NJ) has like 4 and Bethenny has 8 books (not all cookbooks), the Countess has a book, they all have them except the one who boasts about being a writer (yes, she has 2 but she wrote those eons ago). She never has said exactly what her Emmy's and Peabody were specifically for which makes me believe it was part of a group effort and not an individual award. She said in her blog she founded a charity, what charity? Who won the Nobel prize because of Carole's contribution? Is she taking credit for getting this woman on the ball? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jody_Williams 

The only thing Carole is more psychotic about than Adam is her career. Bethenny knew right where to get her. Adam and her career, can't wait to see how this plays out and how down and dirty the reunion is.

Love your post.

This idea there is a rift between the two of them was exacerbated because Dorinda Medler went and carried tales back to Bethenny.  Dorinda doesn't have the dissing Richard Medley excuse because she would not have seen it.  Carole would have known about the Adam stuff if it was that important to mention a day away to Carole.  

My guess is Bethenny pretty much stated what is up with Adam -he is an operator-it seems he manages to pop back in during filming.  

Carole pretty much showed her ass when she went after Bethenny's career.  No reason to tear hers down to make Carole's look better.

Carole's first Emmy was for a piece she worked on traveling to Cambodia.  Here is her account and this is 1990 she would have been in Cambodia.  " As I sit in a Los Angeles restaurant waiting to interview Olivia Wilde, my mind trails back 20 years earlier, to a restaurant in Bangkok where I once waited for Olivia's mother, award-winning producer and journalist Leslie Cockburn. (I was a young production associate at ABC News and assigned to work with Leslie on a documentary about Cambodia.) I first met Olivia, in fact, while working for her mother. Leslie had an editing room set up in the family's Georgetown home, where I sat and logged videotapes. Olivia was just a little kid, but she already had a unique poise."

Here are all the folks who worked on it:  http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/474863/Peter-Jennings-Reporting-From-the-Killing-Fields/   Notice where Carole is listed.  Hardly "her piece on Cambodia".  Here is a list of the Emmy Awards for Documentaries and News 1990-no Carole but Anthony got an Emmy  as a producer  http://emmyonline.com/download/1990-Nomination_Winners.pdf  See page 17.  Could not find any awards in 1991.

Anyway I guess my point is according to Carole she started working at ABC in 1985 and she describes herself as a "young production associate" in 1990/91.  She met Anthony in 1993 and married him 1994 and then took leave to care for him.   I am curious when she became this seasoned journalist.  

Carole worked as a "journalist" for 10 years.  Hell Luann was a journalist for a couple of years in Italy on a sports news show.  On air talent.  She did a short stint on a show after Anthony died.   Work wise Carole entered the work market 32 years ago worked as a journalist for 10 and has written two books and done so interviews for a Glamour.  She now has five years as a reality star.  

• Love 8