Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

I think I may need to read more than these boards but where do I find the time? Kyle is getting a show? Is it a scripted show? Is she leaving the Housewives franchise?

From The Daily Mail: The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Kyle has inspired a new sitcom to air on TV Land, one which will be based on her childhood upbringing. The half-hour sitcom is set in the 1970s and will revolve around a woman's struggles to support her family after she discovers her husband has been cheating on her. The character, Bonnie Nolan, will be loosely based on Kyle's own mother Kathleen and her tumultuous upbringing with her two sisters.
  • Love 1

From The Daily Mail: The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Kyle has inspired a new sitcom to air on TV Land, one which will be based on her childhood upbringing. The half-hour sitcom is set in the 1970s and will revolve around a woman's struggles to support her family after she discovers her husband has been cheating on her. The character, Bonnie Nolan, will be loosely based on Kyle's own mother Kathleen and her tumultuous upbringing with her two sisters.

Well, right off the bat they are not staying true to real life, I have never read that Kyle's dad cheated on Kathy. LOL

• Love 3

Well, right off the bat they are not staying true to real life, I have never read that Kyle's dad cheated on Kathy. LOL

It's a comedy so I didnt expect that. What makes me LOL struggling mom. Didnt BK and her kids live in BelAir.. yeah thats some struggle.

• Love 2

It's a comedy so I didnt expect that. What makes me LOL struggling mom. Didnt BK and her kids live in BelAir.. yeah thats some struggle.

Yes, in a house that their dad had built and paid for, that Kathy got in the divorce! LOL

LOL it sounds like a remake of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

• Love 2

LOL it sounds like a remake of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Now this is a story all about how

We worked as actors in this town

and I'd like to take a minute

Just sit right there

I'll tell all about our wild lives in Bel Air.

In Beverly Hills "I'm born and raised"

On the film sets are where we'd spend most of our days

Workin' with Bette, the money's all cool

Although it turns out that we'd miss a lot of school

Then a couple of films they were not very good

They didn't make the cash they should

Kim had one major flop and our mom got scared

So she said, "You're gonna marry one of those rich men in Bel Air."

I'll be here all week. ;-p

• Love 24

Just sit right there

*applause*

I bow down to your awesomeness!

• Love 4

Thanks! I hope Kyle makes it clear to Kim that it's inspired not autobiographical.

• Love 2

Just sit right there

OMG You're awesome!!!

• Love 1

Yes, in a house that their dad had built and paid for, that Kathy got in the divorce! LOL

Maybe there are more stories to tell.  House of Hilton was written with a jaundiced eye towards Paris and her family.

But yknow property taxes arent cheap

They built their home closer to the less expensive Sherman Oaks side of Bel Air.   Years ago someone pulled the original deed and I think the value was $60,000.00 back in 1968.

Something has been bothering me about this story of Kim losing it in Cabo.  It's probably nothing, but the story isn't sticking together right in my head.

As I understand it, Kim was signed out of rehab, and a coach was put in as a guardian sort of thing to watch over Kim in Cabo.  The purpose of the coach, as I understood it, was to make sure that Kim didn't drink or take drugs.  Is that right?  I'll assume you said yes.  :)

So, how did it happen that 1) Kim got herself into a mess, and 2) the coach reportedly flew back to Malibu?  I am assuming that the rehab place wouldn't send a teenaged volunteer along to supervise Kim, but they'd assign a well-trained staff member with experience as a coach.  Knowing Kim's propensity to down the liquor or to sniff, I would expect that person to share a room with Kim.  I mean, this wouldn't be a case of "See you at the reception," would it?  I would also expect that before they left, Kim and the coach would sign an agreement with the rehab place so that both sides agreed to the rules.

So, how does it happen that the coach leaves Kim in a disastrous state, in another country, and flies back?  That scenario sounds totally and completely suspicious to me.  If anything tragic happened to Kim, the family could sue that place for every penny it has!  I'm wondering whether anyone really was with Kim or whether it was merely the Hilton publicity machine trying to assure the public that Kim would be well taken care of -- and there was no coach on that trip.  What do you think?

I agree the "sober coach" was probably not from a facility, may not have existed at all, and if it did, was probably some friend or another who agreed to try to keep an eye on Kim, but was no more successful than anyone else in recent memory. She was supposedly in some rehab, but no one knows where, so it seems doubtful she was even checked in anywhere in the first place.

• Love 4

On June 6th Monty's "other" exwife posted something about his daughter Allie doing to see him in LA - because he was losing his battle with cancer.  She posted a pic of text messages they had.  She asked her daughter if he was able to sit through a movie.  It doesn't sound like he's doing well.

• Love 1
(edited)

Do we know if she took the deal?

Her next court appearance is July 16. I think she will be expected to show up if she will accept the plea deal or face trial and the DVD footage being released. Plus Kim will probably be "clean and sober"

by then it will be well over 30 days of her supposed current "rehab stay."

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/06/12/kim-richards-offered-plea-deal-will-not-serve-jail-time/

Edited by BlackMamba

Since they are misdemeanors Kim, is not required to attend her attorney can enter a guilty plea for her.  Can't imagine she wants to go down to the courthouse and be filmed. I am sure the video will be released.

• Love 2

Kim is going to have bills like I can't imagine.  The trip to and from Cabo alone would be unbelievable, especially for a room in one of the best hotels.  I'm assuming that Kathy is covering those expenses, plus any incurred for the wedding (Kim's dress, etc.)  The first rehab has to be paid, and the stint at this new rehab must be staggering with all of the medical care, room and food.  Nothing but the best for Kimmy.

Then, the legal fees for one of the top lawyers in L.A. will be enormous.  Even though this case is fairly cut and dried, it's costly.  Add to that any fine levied by the court  And we can't forget the growing bill for boarding Kingsley.  Then there's her son's rehab.  It seems like it's one thing after another.

Who is paying for all of this?  Are Kathy and Rick footing these bills?  They must be sky high by now!  I wish that there were some ticker that we could watch that keeps a running tab on Kim's expenses.  I think it would be interesting.

• Love 4

Kim is going to have bills like I can't imagine. The trip to and from Cabo alone would be unbelievable, especially for a room in one of the best hotels. I'm assuming that Kathy is covering those expenses, plus any incurred for the wedding (Kim's dress, etc.) The first rehab has to be paid, and the stint at this new rehab must be staggering with all of the medical care, room and food. Nothing but the best for Kimmy.

Then, the legal fees for one of the top lawyers in L.A. will be enormous. Even though this case is fairly cut and dried, it's costly. Add to that any fine levied by the court And we can't forget the growing bill for boarding Kingsley. Then there's her son's rehab. It seems like it's one thing after another.

Who is paying for all of this? Are Kathy and Rick footing these bills? They must be sky high by now! I wish that there were some ticker that we could watch that keeps a running tab on Kim's expenses. I think it would be interesting.

You are answering your own questions.

• Love 4

Kim is going to have bills like I can't imagine.  The trip to and from Cabo alone would be unbelievable, especially for a room in one of the best hotels.  I'm assuming that Kathy is covering those expenses, plus any incurred for the wedding (Kim's dress, etc.)  The first rehab has to be paid, and the stint at this new rehab must be staggering with all of the medical care, room and food.  Nothing but the best for Kimmy.

Then, the legal fees for one of the top lawyers in L.A. will be enormous.  Even though this case is fairly cut and dried, it's costly.  Add to that any fine levied by the court  And we can't forget the growing bill for boarding Kingsley.  Then there's her son's rehab.  It seems like it's one thing after another.

Who is paying for all of this?  Are Kathy and Rick footing these bills?  They must be sky high by now!  I wish that there were some ticker that we could watch that keeps a running tab on Kim's expenses.  I think it would be interesting.

I would assume that her room in Cabo (along with the rest of the bridal party) was paid by the groom's family.  Which makes Kim's insulting the groom and his parents very rich.  I'm not sure how many rehabs Kim has been in this time or who has footed the bill(s) but I did read in one of the rags that the rehab that Kim left for the current place was being paid for by Dr Phil.  So it's possible that Dr Phil has paid for at least part of Kim's treatment and lodgings.

Her son is a Davis so I would imagine that his needs are being taken care of by his father's family.  Kim's lawyer seems to be a family friend of Kathy.  I got nothing on Kingsley.

When it was announced that Kathy was cutting Kim off monetarily, I assumed that Kim's monthly allowance was over but that it would not include things like treatment bills.  Who really knows?

• Love 2
You are answering your own questions.

No, I'm not.  I'm asking them.  It seems easy to assume that Kathy might handle the bills since she presumably has the most money.   As others have pointed out, Kathy reportedly stopped enabling Kim.  If that's the case, how would those bills of Kim's be paid?  Another thing -- we've probably all read of people down on their luck whose plights have been publicized in the paper, and people have sent them donations.  I wonder whether Kim has had the same thing happen, especially because people remember her from her acting days and/or are longtime fans.  It sounds a little bit far fetched, but I'll bet it's happened.

• Love 1

If Kyle thinks she had it bad when Kim accused her of stealing her goddamn house, imagine what happens when she accuses her of stealing her goddamned CHILDHOOD for the series.

If they're truly estranged... we could end up seeing more than we might have if the project took off a few years ago.

• Love 6
(edited)

Her son is a Davis so I would imagine that his needs are being taken care of by his father's family. Kim's lawyer seems to be a family friend of Kathy. I got nothing on Kingsley.

Rumor is Kim/Conrad lawyer has represented the Kardashians and Faye. Im sure hes on retainer and needed often dealing with the village idiots.

Kim is planning staying in rehab for three months but shes not the nicest patient (acc. to ROL)

http://www.inquisitr.com/2177291/real-housewife-kim-richards-is-enrolled-in-90-day-rehab-report/

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

This whole thing is really beginning to piss me off. I'm almost Kim's age and grew up watching her. I liked her with Disney and was strangley facinated by her eyebrows. LOL She always looked so concerned! Excited when she joined the show and shortly after disappointed in the spiral down she had taken. Now with the rehabs.

On a personal note. MODS please feel free to delete. I did the rehab thing in the 80's. A few times. FF to 2006 when i was diagnosed with several chronic pain issues. After 12 years of never abusing my meds, I've decided to come off the pain meds. One…they don't cure anything and Two I moved out of state to where I am treated like a criminal on active probation and have been shuffled off to Doctors From Hell.

I called today to see if I could get a medically supervised detox was told NO. I wasn't abusing my meds. I'm a high risk of another stoke and I can't get help. What the fuckity fuck kind of shit is that?!!!!

Sorry…I'm a lil sensitive and 100% in GD pain people! ;)   

• Love 9

Kimberly posted on her IG a pic of herself & Kim.  "Strength shows, not only in the ability to persist, but the ability to start over.  I love you".   Then Kim responded to the post (so she seems to have access in rehab), "I love you so much, you are my light".    https://instagram.com/p/3-Sf2pJe9I/?taken-by=kcjay

Nice sentiment, but wow what pressure Kimberly has being strong for her mother, and seemingly carrying the burden of her mother's sobriety.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Notnowimbusy, truer words were never spoken.  It should be interesting in coming years to see whether Kim's children follow the same path or stay far away from alcohol and drugs.  We already know that her son has had trouble, but we don't know about the girls.  I had a friend in college whose mother was an alcoholic and called her at all hours of the night, crying on her shoulder.  Sometimes, my friend got so depressed over it.  Like Kim, my friend's mother looked at her daughter as her confidante and supporter, and in her altered state had no idea that she was putting her daughter through the wringer.  It's a huge load  on the kids to have to care for a parent, no matter what their ages are.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

There was that episode where Kim and her daughters were in a hotel, and one of the daughters was laughingly telling the story about how she took some kind of pill and passed out in the shower and woke up some time later with the water still running. I thought it was chilling, given Kim's problems, and given how they all seemed to laugh it off. Can't remember which daughter that was.

• Love 3

Kimberly posted on her IG a pic of herself & Kim. "Strength shows, not only in the ability to persist, but the ability to start over. I love you". Then Kim responded to the post (so she seems to have access in rehab), "I love you so much, you are my light". https://instagram.com/p/3-Sf2pJe9I/?taken-by=kcjay

Nice sentiment, but wow what pressure Kimberly has being strong for her mother, and seemingly carrying the burden of her mother's sobriety.

(edited)

I announce that I am not maligning Kim's daughter in my following statements.

I believe that Kimberly needs to be exposed to life outside of her luxury bubble. Kim has had repeated opportunities for help IN rather SUMPTUOUS ACCOMMODATIONS and with Doctors flexing left and right to help--she did not want nor did she appreciate her fortunate situation. I surmise(esp. after viewing Kim et al.)that Kim, Kimberly,... would view those with the SAME physiological issues but LESS monetary/financial purse or accessible assets to be...derelict, unimportant. Just flotsam and jetsam. So, perhaps, volunteer work in that arena by Kimberly may be apropos in order to unveil true strength and courage.

And, yes, I do realize that Kimberly is young and loves her mother. But, I do so weary of people being referred to as courageous and strong when really...

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 5

Kimberly posted on her IG a pic of herself & Kim.  "Strength shows, not only in the ability to persist, but the ability to start over.  I love you".   Then Kim responded to the post (so she seems to have access in rehab), "I love you so much, you are my light".    https://instagram.com/p/3-Sf2pJe9I/?taken-by=kcjay

Does Kim have a key on a chain around her neck in that picture?  For her private room???

It looks like it to me, Rehoboth.  Maybe it's to Kingsley's kennel?  To Kim's car?  To the side entrance of the Polo Lounge?  It definitely doesn't look like jewelry to me.

• Love 4
(edited)

Notnowimbusy, truer words were never spoken.  It should be interesting in coming years to see whether Kim's children follow the same path or stay far away from alcohol and drugs.  We already know that her son has had trouble, but we don't know about the girls.  I had a friend in college whose mother was an alcoholic and called her at all hours of the night, crying on her shoulder.  Sometimes, my friend got so depressed over it.  Like Kim, my friend's mother looked at her daughter as her confidante and supporter, and in her altered state had no idea that she was putting her daughter through the wringer.  It's a huge load  on the kids to have to care for a parent, no matter what their ages are.

There is a name for this in the therapeutic community: covert or emotional incest. It's when a parent looks to a son or daughter to fulfill emotional needs that should only be filled by another adult. It can have a romantic undertone (i.e. a son becoming "the man of house" or a daughter being "Daddy's favorite girl"), or it can be strictly emotional (i.e. being the rock for an addict parent). It's hugely damaging. There are those that believe it is worse than actual, physical abuse because it's "unseen," and subsequently insidious, the kids in question can never really point to anything having been done wrong, and they're left with this deep feeling of violation that they struggle to understand. A lot of survivors of covert/emotional incest go on to become addicts and/or have major relationship issues. I feel for her kids.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 8

If that article is accurate in stating that kim is not participating in treatment activities at the rehab facility, then she may well be AT rehab, but she is most definitely not IN rehab. I believe this is because she intends to give the appearance of recovery while remaining actively using her substances of choice. I truly hope that when she actually has to face a judge in court, she is required to account for her lack of cooperation and total dishonesty with the process.

• Love 4

This whole thing is really beginning to piss me off. I'm almost Kim's age and grew up watching her. I liked her with Disney and was strangley facinated by her eyebrows. LOL She always looked so concerned! Excited when she joined the show and shortly after disappointed in the spiral down she had taken. Now with the rehabs.

On a personal note. MODS please feel free to delete. I did the rehab thing in the 80's. A few times. FF to 2006 when i was diagnosed with several chronic pain issues. After 12 years of never abusing my meds, I've decided to come off the pain meds. One…they don't cure anything and Two I moved out of state to where I am treated like a criminal on active probation and have been shuffled off to Doctors From Hell.

I called today to see if I could get a medically supervised detox was told NO. I wasn't abusing my meds. I'm a high risk of another stoke and I can't get help. What the fuckity fuck kind of shit is that?!!!!

Im sorry about this. Really I am.

• Love 10
If that article is accurate in stating that kim is not participating in treatment activities at the rehab facility...

Kim Richards participate with the others there?  When Conrad had his infamous airplane blow-up, you may recall that he called the other passengers "peasants."  That's what we are -- PEASANTS!!!  You don't expect Kim to associate with the likes of people like us, do you?  She's a STAR!   She's related to Mr. and Mrs. Rick HILTON, by golly!  No way is Kim going to play checkers with anyone ordinary, given her lofty place in society.  Maybe you're being a wittle bit hard on wittle Kimmy.  :)

• Love 6

That really pisses me off. It doesn't matter whether you abused them or not, your body is still physically dependent on them.

I'm so sorry they won't help you. The system sucks.

• Love 6
(edited)

It must be strange BEING Dim (thanks, BlackMamba)Richards. Apparently, thoroughly disinterested and uninterested in virtually anything that is not a chemically mind altering substance. Having access to all of this wealth, power, and connections and, thereby, the wherewithal for worldwide"study"(academics, artistry, societal,...)and to just allow all of that delicious opportunity and that potential to languish, wither, and die. Wow!

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 6

Thanks for the support. I've been on the phone all day. I give up.

Please don't give up. It sounds like you may have to go outside of the profit based "pill" doctors/established medical system and possibly make contact with a local non-profit recovery center. You may have to tell them that you are addicted to the pain meds and need help getting off of them safely and staying off of them. Also check with your local COUNTY non-profit hospital to see if they have any programs or referrals.Fight for your life as though you have some other sort of terminal illness that you are determined to eradicate from your body!

• Love 6
(edited)

After all the trouble that Kim has been in, you'd think that she'd be totally embarrassed and would want all the help that she could get to be off of alcohol and drugs.  What amazes me is that, despite the problems she has caused, she still doesn't want help.  She has a deeply engrained stubborn streak that makes her look at anyone who tries to help her as being against her.  I don't think she has a remote chance of getting well.  What she needs is someone who will knock her off her perch, shame her into having some humility, and then maybe she'll accept help willingly.  Right now, she is so sure that she's right and the world is wrong that there's no changing her mind.  She'll serve her time, but I think all she wants is to be left alone to live her drugged up life.  I'd like to see her get an entire attitude transplant!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 7
(edited)

Am I wrong to feel slightly nervous? Brandi has finally been axed which is great. But please Bravo and Evolution lets make sure Kim stays fired and has limited screentime as possible. I dont her getting the Porsha and LuAnn treatment. Dont let this be an opening to slide her back in the mix since Brandi wont be feeding her manipulations. The less Kim the better.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 8

Rumor is she's gone, right? 

I just hope it's gone permanently.  My fear (that sounds like I care a lot- I don't, but I can't think of a better word) is that they'll allow her a few scenes where she can look happy and coherent and project an image of sobriety regardless of the reality.  I wouldn't want to see that, so I'd rather she just fade off into the sunset, even if her sister's still around.

• Love 2

Kim didn't need Kathy and Kyle to support while she was doing the show.  it seems she gave up her Bentley and is now driving a Jeep, She was making pretty good bank, her children were grown and she wasn't supporting them.  There was a time when people jumped up and down and swore Kim Richards was rich from residuals.  Then there was the rumor she received $23,000 a month in spousal support  for life.  SO right about now, I think she has probably given up the Sherman Oaks rental, paying for storage, and using her health insurance benefits to diddle around in rehab.  Early to mid-July she will check out and join her sister in London for the big wedding.  I expect to see Kim return from time to time on RHOBH to pick up a check.  SHe really needs the show to jump start her acting career,.  

Kim didn't need Kathy and Kyle to support while she was doing the show. it seems she gave up her Bentley and is now driving a Jeep, She was making pretty good bank, her children were grown and she wasn't supporting them. There was a time when people jumped up and down and swore Kim Richards was rich from residuals. Then there was the rumor she received $23,000 a month in spousal support for life. SO right about now, I think she has probably given up the Sherman Oaks rental, paying for storage, and using her health insurance benefits to diddle around in rehab. Early to mid-July she will check out and join her sister in London for the big wedding. I expect to see Kim return from time to time on RHOBH to pick up a check. SHe really needs the show to jump start her acting career,.

Well, I think her cameo in Snarknado 3 is going to be a big boost :/

• Love 7