Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

On 2/22/2024 at 3:56 PM, politichick said:

I just came here to post this very same thing! In the immortal words of Sutton Stracke: This is sus!!!

Definitely more than friends. None of my girlfriends touch me like that. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Definitely more than friends. None of my girlfriends touch me like that. 

Yes, they're either more than friends or they're pretending to be more than friends for publicity. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Isn't Portia 16 yrs old? Hardly a child. In fact, even a much younger teen knows when their parents marriage is about to blow up. Portia grew up in Hollywood where rumors abound and naiveté is non-existent.  

• Like 1

What I’m most irritated about is the fact that Kyle & Mau’s awful family talk aired AFTER the reunion filmed thus making it impossible for Kyle to be roasted like she deserves (by an audience question obviously, Andy would never). There’s not enough money or fame in world that could justify that conversation being filmed (and they have plenty of both). Regardless of the girls’ ages. It’s a new low, even for her. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

Kyle and Mauricio are pretty shrewd - I think Kyle peppered her season with Morgan to get the audience talking as a lead-in to Mauricio's real estate show.

I've always felt this situation mirrored that of another couple (that I also have no personal knowledge of 🤣) - Ramona and Mario. I think Ramona turned a blind eye until Mario's behavior became too obvious. 

Reddit et al have posted screenshots of the full text Kyle sent to Dorit before the reunion. Kyle says she can't reveal her source for information (production) and Dorit says she feels manipulated. Considering these two solidified their alliance with Puppygate I find both their claims laughable. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 2/24/2024 at 8:40 PM, RealHousewife said:

Yes, they're either more than friends or they're pretending to be more than friends for publicity. 

I had never heard of Morgan until the story about her and Kyle initially hit the news. She was a true no one in Country Music, actually still is, but I bet she has really enjoyed the publicity.  

• Like 5
2 hours ago, chlban said:

I had never heard of Morgan until the story about her and Kyle initially hit the news. She was a true no one in Country Music, actually still is, but I bet she has really enjoyed the publicity.  

According to her and her manager, she spent the three days after her name started getting media attention alongside the separation news crying in bed. And almost went to rehab for pre-emptive reasons. So while she may be more used to the publicity at this point and prepared to use it, I don't think it comes quite as easily to her. She never once posted about her appearances on the show and Kyle hadn't even appeared on her own IG feed since August. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Wow - The NY Times, no less, is talking about their separation.   

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/23/style/kyle-richards-mauricio-umansky.html?unlocked_article_code=1.Yk0.4rQP.yRzfWgVJqIco&smid=url-share

She and Mr. Umansky have denied wrongdoing or outside involvement in their relationship. But, like many celebrity unions, theirs has recently been plagued with rumors of infidelity. Ms. Richards’s friendship with Morgan Wade, a country singer, has drawn speculation from some who have wondered if they are more than friends. And Mr. Umansky was rumored to be involved with Anitta, a Brazilian pop singer.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Useful 1

I don't think Mauricio cheated. Kyle is a professional victim. For years any storyline she had beyond cute dogs and a white party was about how someone (Kim, LVP, Kathy, Rinna, Kathy again, etc) was "so mean" to her.

I don't think for a minute that she would allow the narrative to be that SHE was the cheater if it was actually Mauricio. That just doesn't fit with the way she has conducted herself for years. She vaguely insinuated he did - THAT'S total Kyle- and then had to walk it back because he probably didn't.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

The whole "Morgan hip caress" thing confuses me. Whether she and Kyle are in a relationship or not, Kyle has made not attempt to declare or imply a relationship. In fact, she has repeatedly said they are just friends. Kyle has children who are in the middle of a family separation. To me, it seems disrespectful to Kyle for Morgan to touch her that way in a public setting with cameras, knowing it would fuel the rumors and speculation. It also feels maybe a little controlling. I think if it was a male that was in the same circumstances and doing this people might be worried that Kyle was in an unhealthy relationship.

Edited by Beachdreamer
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, nicole21290 said:

According to her and her manager, she spent the three days after her name started getting media attention alongside the separation news crying in bed. And almost went to rehab for pre-emptive reasons. So while she may be more used to the publicity at this point and prepared to use it, I don't think it comes quite as easily to her. She never once posted about her appearances on the show and Kyle hadn't even appeared on her own IG feed since August. 

Well Morgan did manage to crawl out of bed long enough to film with Kyle for RHOBH multiple times. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
On 2/25/2024 at 9:48 AM, Sodium Feast said:

What I’m most irritated about is the fact that Kyle & Mau’s awful family talk aired AFTER the reunion filmed thus making it impossible for Kyle to be roasted like she deserves (by an audience question obviously, Andy would never). There’s not enough money or fame in world that could justify that conversation being filmed (and they have plenty of both). Regardless of the girls’ ages. It’s a new low, even for her. 

What kind of parent has THE TALK on national tv?  No matter the ages of her kids it’s insane to me that someone would even consider doing this.  It’s disgusting, and honestly she’s so obsessed with celebrity, she put the “your dad and I are separating” discussion on tv.  Ick.

It’s like - she wants the positives that come from the show- the fans 🙄 the adoration, the money.. but not the negatives.  And there are huge negatives.  She knows that she’s on an REALITY SHOW not a scripted show.  And lady, that’s the gig!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I feel sorry for Morgan because she is being sucked into Kyles world and most likely does not know what she was and is in for. I am sure Kyle said not to worry to her because Maurice is a big philanderer and she was ready to leave him. Who knows whats going on with him. We certainly don’t. 

I feel sorry for anybody Kyle sets her focus on. Those narcissists really pour on the love bombing when it is the suck-them-in stage. She is using her money and her influence to lure this almost daughter aged young woman into her debt. Once there is any pull back you can bet she will use her paid for obligation to her as a weapon. 

Dressing her up so she can take her places in clothes Morgan looks unnatural in. Trying to change Morgans style for her own personal preferences. 

I dont think Morgan will last too long the more Kyle tries to push her with fancy dud wearing which Morgan does not look too comfortable yet in switching too. For Kyles benefit.

I can see why she cried for 3 days after it was her who was insinuated to be the reason Kyles family is falling apart. I do not see her as the type to relentlessly pursue Kyle the older straight married woman to the point Kyle decides to leave her marriage and daughters emotional security in the dust. I am sure whatever is going on has been pushed by Kyles determination to get what she wants. We all have seen for ourselves the lengths Kyle will go to to manipulate the outcome she alone, desires. 

Edited by SassyCat
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

She is using her money and her influence to lure this almost daughter aged young woman into her debt. 

I consider Morgan daughter-aged. She is 26 years younger than Kyle and is several years younger than Farrah. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I consider Morgan daughter-aged. She is 26 years younger than Kyle and is several years younger than Farrah. 

Ok, yes. Fully daughter aged. I wasn’t keeping up with all the details… Thank you RHW for clarifying that. Woo! A 26 year difference! Thats quite a bit. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

The whole "Morgan hip caress" thing confuses me. Whether she and Kyle are in a relationship or not, Kyle has made not attempt to declare or imply a relationship. In fact, she has repeatedly said they are just friends. Kyle has children who are in the middle of a family separation. To me, it seems disrespectful to Kyle for Morgan to touch her that way in a public setting with cameras, knowing it would fuel the rumors and speculation. It also feels maybe a little controlling. I think if it was a male that was in the same circumstances and doing this people might be worried that Kyle was in an unhealthy relationship.

Kyle's never actually used the phrase 'just friends'. Neither has Morgan. The media write-ups of their comments have, however. The most full-throated actual denial was when Kyle was asked if it was just rumours and said 'yes', and that was practically one of the first times she was asked about them after the separation news. Usually they just say 'we're good friends' or blame the media or the tattoos for the extra attention. 

I do find it ridiculous that they apparently didn't expect the fact that Morgan was in NYC to leak, given they posed at a step and repeat (even if the jeweller did take down the one second hip caress once people found it) and went out to numerous dinners together. Andy was generous though, not mentioning her being there at ALL... 

4 hours ago, ww92 said:

Well Morgan did manage to crawl out of bed long enough to film with Kyle for RHOBH multiple times. 

Months prior to the news, to be fair. Kyle actually said in the NYT article:

“She told me at the NAMI event she almost wanted to leave at one point — she was like, This is so stressful,” Richards said in an interview. “I realized and appreciated later her hanging in there for me.”

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

Dressing her up so she can take her places in clothes Morgan looks unnatural in. Trying to change Morgans style for her own personal preferences. 

I dont think Morgan will last too long the more Kyle tries to push her with fancy dud wearing which Morgan does not look too comfortable yet in switching too. For Kyles benefit.

I can see why she cried for 3 days after it was her who was insinuated to be the reason Kyles family is falling apart. I do not see her as the type to relentlessly pursue Kyle the older straight married woman to the point Kyle decides to leave her marriage and daughters emotional security in the dust. I am sure whatever is going on has been pushed by Kyles determination to get what she wants. We all have seen for ourselves the lengths Kyle will go to to manipulate the outcome she alone, desires. 

The clothes changes have occurred in both directions, to be fair. Kyle's been seen wearing Morgan's jeans, hoodies, jackets, etc, and Morgan and Kyle were joking on the April Amazon Live they did together that shopping is not a good idea with Kyle (or their friend Jenn) because she just encourages Morgan to buy whatever. Which she doesn't mind doing. Shoes are a big one for her, for example. 

I think it might be a good idea not to infantalise Morgan too much or be too cynical about Kyle. Kyle seems to be quite in awe of Morgan's 'wisdom' and approach to life, and follows her lead at times that we've seen, and Morgan's own lyrics in songs like Fall in Love With Me aren't exactly passive about going after what she wants either. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Morgan is using Kyle to advance her career. Nobody ever heard of her before she took up with Kyle. There could be a bit of sugar mama thing going on.

Several months ago I read that Morgan signed to go on tour. She will be touring heavily nationwide beginning in a few days, through August.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Morgan is using Kyle to advance her career. Nobody ever heard of her before she took up with Kyle. There could be a bit of sugar mama thing going on.

Several months ago I read that Morgan signed to go on tour. She will be touring heavily nationwide beginning in a few days, through August.

Perfect! We should orchestrate a Primetimer meet up in some city where she is touring and go to her show wearing Kyle wigs.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Kyle and Morgan met through rehab, right?

Otherwise I don't know how Kyle would have known she exists, unless she's a hardcore country music fan.

Also you're not supposed to start relationships while in rehab, right? Especially not with other patients.

21 hours ago, SassyCat said:

I feel sorry for Morgan because she is being sucked into Kyles world and most likely does not know what she was and is in for. I am sure Kyle said not to worry to her because Maurice is a big philanderer and she was ready to leave him. Who knows whats going on with him. We certainly don’t. 

I feel sorry for anybody Kyle sets her focus on. Those narcissists really pour on the love bombing when it is the suck-them-in stage. She is using her money and her influence to lure this almost daughter aged young woman into her debt. Once there is any pull back you can bet she will use her paid for obligation to her as a weapon. 

THIS is a coworker of mine.  Well, coworker implies she works. 

I have said it several times, but the REAL KYLE was on this season.  And this is why I want her to be gone.  She is a horrid person and treats people like toys or minions and then when she is done, bye bye.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Before the media really mentioned her name in connection with Kyle, she'd already opened for Turnpike Troubadours, Chris Stapleton, Luke Combs, Brooks & Dunn, Ashley McBryde, Jason Isbell, American Aquarium, etc, plus had done plenty of high profile festival gigs. Kyle doesn't have the connections or ability to get those for her anyway, even if the timing were different, lol. Even this Alanis tour she's going on, the first time she opened a show for her was in 2022 - much earlier in her and Kyle's friendship. 

She has a couple if isolated shows in March, her own headlining gigs mid-April through mid-May, and then the Alanis/Joan Jett tour in June through August. 

3 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Kyle and Morgan met through rehab, right?

Otherwise I don't know how Kyle would have known she exists, unless she's a hardcore country music fan.

Also you're not supposed to start relationships while in rehab, right? Especially not with other patients.

Definitely not. Kyle has been extremely clear that she's not sober in that sense, she didn't have a drinking 'problem'. Certainly she didn't go to rehab or do AA. Morgan had been sober for years by the time they met. Kyle also didn't stop drinking until at least nine or so months after she first started DMing with Morgan. They met in the person the first time in February 2022  and she stopped drinking in mid-July 2022.

Kyle is a country music fan and has talked about it before. The reason she heard Morgan was because she was listening to The Highway, which is a SiriusXM country music station. Maren Morris even talked about texting with her (and knowing Morgan) when she was on WWHL not that long ago. 

Edited by nicole21290
  • Useful 3
16 minutes ago, nicole21290 said:

Before the media really mentioned her name in connection with Kyle, she'd already opened for Turnpike Troubadours, Chris Stapleton, Luke Combs, Brooks & Dunn, Ashley McBryde, Jason Isbell, American Aquarium, etc, plus had done plenty of high profile festival gigs. Kyle doesn't have the connections or ability to get those for her anyway, even if the timing were different, lol. Even this Alanis tour she's going on, the first time she opened a show for her was in 2022 - much earlier in her and Kyle's friendship. 

She has a couple if isolated shows in March, her own headlining gigs mid-April through mid-May, and then the Alanis/Joan Jett tour in June through August. 

Definitely not. Kyle has been extremely clear that she's not sober in that sense, she didn't have a drinking 'problem'. Certainly she didn't go to rehab or do AA. Morgan had been sober for years by the time they met. Kyle also didn't stop drinking until at least nine or so months after she first started DMing with Morgan. They met in the person the first time in February 2023  and she stopped drinking in mid-July 2023.

Kyle is a country music fan and has talked about it before. The reason she heard Morgan was because she was listening to The Highway, which is a SiriusXM country music station. Maren Morris even talked about texting with her (and knowing Morgan) when she was on WWHL not that long ago. 

Maybe. I don't know if she was or wasn't an alcoholic.  I do know based on the show she drank a ton.  Got grabby with her coworkers and alcohol made her feel a way she didn't like.  Not a healthy drinker at the very least.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, nicole21290 said:

Definitely not. Kyle has been extremely clear that she's not sober in that sense, she didn't have a drinking 'problem'. Certainly she didn't go to rehab or do AA. Morgan had been sober for years by the time they met. Kyle also didn't stop drinking until at least nine or so months after she first started DMing with Morgan. They met in the person the first time in February 2022  and she stopped drinking in mid-July 2022.

The Highway is one of the XM stations that I listen to but I still had never heard of Morgan before Kyle/RHOBH. I noticed a few years ago that Kyle kept posting about Morgan Wade and her music and going to her concerts (and for some reason I originally thought she was posting about Morgan Wallen and thought it was odd she'd be a Morgan Wallen fan 🤣). I thought Morgan Wade was some friend's daughter who was trying to get a music career going and Kyle was helping her  out by promoting her on her IG. I did recognize the song Wilder  Days when I heard it but never paid attention to who sang it.

Kyle might not have the country music connections but she does have a huge public platform. Her promoting Morgan on her IG and being "papped" with her in public definitely helps.

• Like 2
On 2/26/2024 at 8:10 PM, nicole21290 said:

I'm sorry, her manager said that?  Makes a nice little story, might bring some sympathy from someone.  As I said, I had never heard of her and I bet I'm not alone. I am sure some people even cared enough to seek out her music. Pretty sure that's what recording artists want.

• Like 5
(edited)
On 2/27/2024 at 4:00 PM, SassyCat said:

I can believe Morgan was upset in the beginning but I also believe she has taken advantage of the publicity. She put Kyle in a one of her videos as her love interest. She has appeared on the show more than once and has been photographed with Kyle several times. So Morgan seems to know what she's doing.

And I do still think Mauricio cheated, Kyle caught him and that started the changes in her appearance and behavior. 

Whatever the case, this story has been beaten to death. I'm about as weary of it as I am of seeing Taylor Swift and her boyfriend everywhere. I'd be fine if Kyle didn't return next season. Time to move on. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 10
25 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I can believe Morgan was upset in the beginning but I also believe she has taken advantage of the publicity. She put Kyle in a one of her videos as her love interest. She has appeared on the show more than once and has been photographed with Kyle several times. So Morgan seems to know what she's doing.

And I do still think Mauricio cheated, Kyle caught him and that started the changes in her appearance and behavior. 

Whatever the case, this story has been beaten to death. I'm about as weary of it as I am of seeing Taylor Swift and her boyfriend everywhere. I'd be fine if Kyle didn't return next season. Time to move on. 

Teddi (apologies to all who just were triggered) basically alluding to Mo cheating on her podcast months ago.  I think he either was caught cheating or caught talking to someone on IG and that is what Kyle is alluding to.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
8 hours ago, Slakkie said:

Teddi (apologies to all who just were triggered) basically alluding to Mo cheating on her podcast months ago.  I think he either was caught cheating or caught talking to someone on IG and that is what Kyle is alluding to.

Kyle has a lot of henchmen(women) doesn't she?  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 5:47 PM, Natalie68 said:

Maybe. I don't know if she was or wasn't an alcoholic.  I do know based on the show she drank a ton.  Got grabby with her coworkers and alcohol made her feel a way she didn't like.  Not a healthy drinker at the very least.

And Kyle is an adult child of an alcoholic, so she needs to be careful. Adult children often end up with their own drinking problems, they marry alcoholics or they have some other kind of addiction. It’s discussed in the ACA literature. Look at Kim Richards .Kyle did say she didn’t like watching herself last season when she was drinking, particularly in one episode where she got aggressive with Sutton. 

Morgan may have been carving out a career for herself before RHBH, but it’s fair to say she’s gotten much more widespread publicity due to the show and her relationship with Kyle. I had never heard of her before. I expect this is true for many other people. 

I found Kyle hard to watch this season and had a difficult time sympathizing with her. I felt bad about her friend’s suicide but that was about it. I think she was horrible to Sutton, not very nice to Dorit and showed some narcissistic traits more openly than I’ve seen in previous seasons. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
(edited)

So, I'm watching a YT video of Reunion clips. They showed Kyle going after Kathryn over Faye. Kyle wants Kathryn to feel worse for Faye and for Kathryn to discount her own feelings, and I had forgotten about that moment, but Kyle is a piece of shit for that. 

Faye brought about her own bad press by publishing a book about Nicole Brown, her friend who was murdered by her ex, not that long after Nicole was murdered. Faye can write about her life, whatever, but if she thought she wasn't going to catch heat for discussing Nicole in that way, she's a complete idiot.  

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

So, I'm watching a YT video of Reunion clips. They showed Kyle going after Kathryn over Faye. Kyle wants Kathryn to feel worse for Faye and for Kathryn to discount her own feelings, and I had forgotten about that moment, but Kyle is a piece of shit for that moment. 

Faye brought about her own bad press by publishing a book about Nicole Brown, her friend who was murdered by her ex, not that long after Nicole was murdered. Faye can write about her life, whatever, but if she thought she wasn't going to catch heat for discussing Nicole in that way, she's a complete idiot.  

Kyle IS an awful person and I guess with Rinna gone, it is more obvious.  Just listened to a couple of Morgan Wade songs.  Not my cuppa.  Her voice is very grating to me.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, Surrealist said:

So, I'm watching a YT video of Reunion clips. They showed Kyle going after Kathryn over Faye. Kyle wants Kathryn to feel worse for Faye and for Kathryn to discount her own feelings, and I had forgotten about that moment, but Kyle is a piece of shit for that. 

Kathryn was too lovely and classy for this show. 

• Like 6
On 2/25/2024 at 9:48 AM, Sodium Feast said:

Kyle put her own kids' emotions on tv, while refusing to talk about her own or BE HONEST about what's going on with her and Mau.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
On 3/1/2024 at 11:32 PM, izabella said:

Kyle put her own kids' emotions on tv, while refusing to talk about her own or BE HONEST about what's going on with her and Mau.

I can't with Kyle and her outrage. "What makes you so entitled to think that you are owed an explanation of everything that's going on in my bedroom?"

Does she think everyone missed the season she brought Brandi to spread malicious gossip about what goes on in Denise's bedroom? And proceeded to insist Denise be open and honest the rest of the season? She is a bully and a hypocrite. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 10
(edited)

I was watching a YT clip of the Top Ten Fights on the show. Got to #8 which is Kyle v Carlton. The "Don't you dare command me!" fight. 

I've never seen someone hate another person quite like Carlton hates Kyle. 😂

Edited by Surrealist
  • LOL 5
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I was watching a YT clip of the Top Ten Fights on the show. Got to #8 which is Kyle v Carlton. The "Don't you dare command me!" fight. 

I've never seen someone hate another person quite like Carlton hates Kyle. 😂

Hehehe, any way we could get Carlton back? 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
16 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Hehehe, any way we could get Carlton back? 

The thought "Get someone to love you the way Carlton hates Kyle" came into my head while watching it. 😂

• LOL 5
(edited)

Watched an old episode. Kyle and Erika look at luxury cars. Kyle says that Big Kathy used to drive Kathy, Kim and Kyle around. No seatbelts back then. If Kim and Kyle started misbehaving or arguing, Big Kathy would hit the brakes so they’d go flying. Kyle tells this story laughing. Like it’s cute.

Kyle still has no idea that she had a s- - - mother.

ETA: Never mind that Big Kathy would send Little Kathy flying, too. And she was just minding her own business.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
19 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Watched an old episode. Kyle and Erika look at luxury cars. Kyle says that Big Kathy used to drive Kathy, Kim and Kyle around. No seatbelts back then. If Kim and Kyle started misbehaving or arguing, Big Kathy would hit the brakes so they’d go flying. Kyle tells this story laughing. Like it’s cute.

Oh crap! Which ep is it?

I've been watching old Reunion eps and some of those are super cringe now. Lol.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

An interview she did with Paris on her podcast was published yesterday, and I was actually surprised at how quickly Kyle started talking about her mother in a way that absolutely wasn't just positive. Paris was raving about her grandmother throughout and Kyle pointed out that she was much tougher with her daughters, far less sweet and kind. She also told a story later about how scared she was of bees because of her allergy and how Big Kathy would basically hold one in her hand right in Kyle's face and, laughingly, then "I was more scared of HER." Also made a point of saying how she felt the need to give her daughters structure because she didn't have that growing up. 

• Sad 4
54 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

Oh crap! Which ep is it?

I've been watching old Reunion eps and some of those are super cringe now. Lol.

I think that it’s Season 10, Episode 20. Slightly past halfway through.

52 minutes ago, nicole21290 said:

An interview she did with Paris on her podcast was published yesterday, and I was actually surprised at how quickly Kyle started talking about her mother in a way that absolutely wasn't just positive. Paris was raving about her grandmother throughout and Kyle pointed out that she was much tougher with her daughters, far less sweet and kind. She also told a story later about how scared she was of bees because of her allergy and how Big Kathy would basically hold one in her hand right in Kyle's face and, laughingly, then "I was more scared of HER." Also made a point of saying how she felt the need to give her daughters structure because she didn't have that growing up. 

I am listening to this now. Thank you.

Kyle claims to never have been competitive with Kim!

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, nicole21290 said:

As much Housewife Kyle annoys me, my heart breaks for little girl Kyle. I think Big Kathy loved her daughters, but she certainly did a number on them. I'm glad Kyle went the opposite direction of how she raised her girls. I can't imagine her even thinking of scaring one of her kids like that. Her childhood definitely explains her anxiety. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

As much Housewife Kyle annoys me, my heart breaks for little girl Kyle. I think Big Kathy loved her daughters, but she certainly did a number on them. I'm glad Kyle went the opposite direction of how she raised her girls. I can't imagine her even thinking of scaring one of her kids like that. Her childhood definitely explains her anxiety. 

Fear was definitely a big part of it. She was already shy (one of the reasons Kathy wanted her acting, she says) and then more fear on top of that. She also said she slept in a bed with her mom until fifteen because she was scared from the horror movies she did which is WILD.

This is the full quote, by the way:

"I think, being a single mom and raising daughters, it was really important for her to teach us not to be afraid or fearful, whatever that may be, you know. I mean we were women who all lived alone in our house, you know, or my grandma, your great grandmother, lived with us growing up, and so it was her,  grandma and your mom, Kim and me, and she just didn't ever want us to be afraid. So she really wanted us to be brave. That was a really big thing for her. I think that's really formed who I am today and not always in the best way, you know. Like I think I have to be tough all the time, otherwise you're weak. And sometimes I'm like, it's okay to be weak, sometimes it's okay to need help. But I can remember I was so afraid of bees because you know, I'm severely allergic to them. And when she would see me be afraid, it bothered her because she wanted me to be strong and tough. So she would grab the bee and literally grab with her hand, squish it like - And she'd be like, don't ever be afraid. I'm like now scared of you. You're actually the most scariest thing I've ever seen, talking to me and squeezing in your hand like that. She thought she was helping me, but I think she was traumatizing me a little bit."

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 3/12/2024 at 12:22 AM, nicole21290 said:

Fear was definitely a big part of it. She was already shy (one of the reasons Kathy wanted her acting, she says) and then more fear on top of that. She also said she slept in a bed with her mom until fifteen because she was scared from the horror movies she did which is WILD.

This is the full quote, by the way:

"I think, being a single mom and raising daughters, it was really important for her to teach us not to be afraid or fearful, whatever that may be, you know. I mean we were women who all lived alone in our house, you know, or my grandma, your great grandmother, lived with us growing up, and so it was her,  grandma and your mom, Kim and me, and she just didn't ever want us to be afraid. So she really wanted us to be brave. That was a really big thing for her. I think that's really formed who I am today and not always in the best way, you know. Like I think I have to be tough all the time, otherwise you're weak. And sometimes I'm like, it's okay to be weak, sometimes it's okay to need help. But I can remember I was so afraid of bees because you know, I'm severely allergic to them. And when she would see me be afraid, it bothered her because she wanted me to be strong and tough. So she would grab the bee and literally grab with her hand, squish it like - And she'd be like, don't ever be afraid. I'm like now scared of you. You're actually the most scariest thing I've ever seen, talking to me and squeezing in your hand like that. She thought she was helping me, but I think she was traumatizing me a little bit."

Thank you. Seeing it in context, it does sound like Big Kathy meant well, but I still feel for Kyle. 

However, I was extremely surprised Kyle said she thinks she has to be tough all the time. I know she got on to Sutton about crying, but Kyle has probably cried more than any other Housewife in the whole franchise. She never gave the vibe she wanted to come across as a tough chick, stoic, stiff upper lip, none of that. She's also been open with her mental health issues for many years and everything. I can see her being sensitive about looking like she has the perfect marriage and is the perfect mom, but that's different from feeling pressure to be tough, not showing weakness and being uncomfortable asking for help. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

You are a very kind, compassionate person!!

Someone already posted about this, but in “Paris in Love,” Paris says that she kept a diary/journal when she was a child. She wrote about a boy she liked. Kathy, Kim and Kyle found the diary/journal and read these passages, cackling with glee.

• Sad 3
  • Angry 1
22 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

You are a very kind, compassionate person!!

Someone already posted about this, but in “Paris in Love,” Paris says that she kept a diary/journal when she was a child. She wrote about a boy she liked. Kathy, Kim and Kyle found the diary/journal and read these passages, cackling with glee.

People are soooo rarely all good or bad. She speaks a lot about Paris as an even younger child.

"So we went [to New York] and I had a little twin bed in your room with the crib, and you were just the cutest thing. And because I was the youngest and didn't have a little sister, to me, that was really exciting because now there was someone younger than me, there was a baby in the family, so I wouldn't, I didn't have to be the baby. And I know I've told you this before and I've shared this story before, but I would sneak in your crib and pull you out and pull you in the bed with me, and I would cry because I loved you so much. And I was like, even now, I'm like, why was I twelve years old crying because I love this baby so much? It was - You were just so sweet and so cute, and I just was obsessed with you. Your mom was like, she wasn't one of those moms who was like, don't touch the baby. So I was changing diapers, making bottles, laying with you, and we really bonded since you were an infant."

• Like 2
  • Love 2