Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, QuinnM said:

There is some ‘upper hand’ to sole custody.  But visitation is not one of them.

But visitation depends on why joint custody has been removed.

This isn't a case of Jason agreeing to Frankel having sole custody from jump, and any visitation arising out of that initial decision -- this is stripping someone of a legal right they possess (which requires cause to remove) which is different than someone never possessing that right to begin with.

Frankel is asking the court to  strip Hoppy of his legal right to equally co-parent, and if she succeeds in getting sole custody because of "the stalking", that will affect visitation in a very different way than if the judge decides both parents are stable with the child, but unstable as co-parents,  so one will receive sole custody. 

There is every indication that Bethenny intends to block Jason from parts of Bryn's life, 

Yes, I think it's clear she  wants to severly limit his presence in his daughter's life. 

She's not asking for primary physical custody + joint custody,  she's asking the court to do something pretty radical -- remove Hoppy's legal right to decide where Bryn is educated,  her after-school activities/camps, what religious practices she does/doesn't engage in, which doctors and therapists she sees,  any medications she takes,  whether or not she appears on television or in ads for Brynnygirl, and (down the road) what age she is when she goes on the pill /birth control, or wants to have a cosmetic procedure,  or  turn herself into a celeb kid commodity, etc, etc.

That's a very big erasure of his presence as a father in shaping his child's life, imo. He becomes an accessory in his daughter's life, not a parent.

And -- after all this bulshit --  wouldn't it be something if the court decided Hoppy should have sole custody?  That his less flashy life,  extended family, and unpublic day to day existence are all better for Bryn, with Frankel's visitation reserved for fun mom weekends and holidays  -- I hope he'd petition to return to joint custody if that happened (so Bryn's life would remain stable) but neither of them strike me as self sacrificing. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, snarts said:

If Bethenny is awarded sole & primary custody, she can move Bryn anywhere without petitioning the court.  Which, IMHO, is her end game. 

Simply not true.

5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

A court would have to give Bethenny permission to move Bryn out of state if Jason wouldn't agree.  A hearing on what is in the best interest of the child would be conducted and a ruling would be made.  She could not just pick up and leave with Bryn no matter what level of custody she has. 

My mom had sole custody and my dad didn't even want visitation.  She could not move us out of the county let alone the state.  She would have to go back to court with him and his permission.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 6

and if she succeeds in getting sole custody because of "the stalking" that will affect visitation in a very different way than if the judge decides both parents are stable with the child, but unstable as co-parents (even through a third party mediator, if that's in play) so one will receive sole custody. 

I think you mean "it may affect visitation".

She's not asking for primary physcial custody + joint custody,  she's asking the court to  strip Hoppy of his legal right to decide where Bryn is educated, her after school activities, what religious practices she engages/doesn't engage in, what doctors and therapists she sees,  what medications she takes,  what camps (if any) she goes to in the summer, whether or not she appears on television or in ads for Brynnygirl, and (down the road) what age she is when she goes on the pill or birth control, or wants to have a cosmetic procedure as a teen, or wants to turn herself into a celeb kid commodity, etc, etc. That's a very big erasure of his presence as a father in shaping his child's life.

I suppose the question is can Bethenny and Jason have rational discussions with each other about these choices or will their rage at each other make every choice in Brynn's life a war? Take camp for instant. Bethenny wants say... art camp, and Jason wants sailing camp. Since everyone wants their way, the end result is no camp for Brynn. WHat if Bethenny wants Brynn to get braces and Jason just feels it's not a problem? (I actually saw this on a Judge Judy case, where the dad was arguing it was an eclectic procedure that he didn't agree to so he shouldn't have to pay) 

If every decision is an angry battle, what is Brynn learning?

But wouldn't it be something if the court decided Hoppy should have sole custody?  That his less flashy life,  extended family, unpublic day to day existence and Bryn's enjoyment of family time were all better for her day to day -- with Frankel's visitation reserved for fun mom weekends and holidays (I hope he'd petition to return to joint custody if that happened - so Bryn's life would remain stable -- but neither of them strike me as self sacrificing). 

Well, first he'd actually have to ask for it. ;) 

The potentially interesting question is whether Brynn would like it. I mean, what if she *wants* to appear in ads for Brynnygirl?  Or would like to do a fun Mother's day episode of RHONY or whatever? And can't because Daddy hates Mommy, and Daddy hating Mommy is more important than anything else. Likewise, I hope Bethenny doesn't make choices for Brynn based on how much she enjoys screwing Jason over. 

Ironically I am watching season three right now and while in hindsight I can see the problems, I do think there was some love there. And oh my was Luann  a high handed bitch over how Ramona was dead wrong about all those times Luann "sought an ONS" while married. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, film noire said:

But visitation depends on why joint custody has been removed.

This isn't a case of Jason agreeing to Frankel having sole custody from jump, and any visitation arising out of that initial decision -- this is stripping someone of a legal right they possess (which requires cause to remove) which is different than someone never possessing that right to begin with.

Frankel is asking the court to  strip Hoppy of his legal right to equally co-parent, and if she succeeds in getting sole custody because of "the stalking", that will affect visitation in a very different way than if the judge decides both parents are stable with the child, but unstable as co-parents,  so one will receive sole custody. 

Yes, I think it's clear she  wants to severly limit his presence in his daughter's life. 

She's not asking for primary physical custody + joint custody,  she's asking the court to do something pretty radical -- remove Hoppy's legal right to decide where Bryn is educated,  her after-school activities, what religious practices she does/doesn't engage in, which doctors and therapists she sees,  any medications she takes,  whether or not she appears on television or in ads for Brynnygirl, and (down the road) what age she is when she goes on the pill /birth control, or wants to have a cosmetic procedure,  or  turn herself into a celeb kid commodity, etc, etc.

That's a very big erasure of his presence as a father in shaping his child's life, imo. He becomes an accessory in his daughter's life, not a parent.

And -- after all this bulshit --  wouldn't it be something if the court decided Hoppy should have sole custody?  That his less flashy life,  extended family, and unpublic day to day existence are all better for Bryn, with Frankel's visitation reserved for fun mom weekends and holidays  -- I hope he'd petition to return to joint custody if that happened (so Bryn's life would remain stable) but neither of them strike me as self sacrificing. 

Bethenny had her bite of the apple during the initial custody hearing.  Many tears and no cross by Jason's attorney yielded a joint custody agreement.  Short of Jason returning to direct contact with Bethenny I am not so sure what Bethenny hopes to accomplish.  Are the idiotic daily phone calls to the non-custodial parent still in effect?  Because if that is the rub between them I think a kid who is about to be 8 years old should be able to exist without a phone call or be court ordered to have privacy when the kid calls the other parent.  I question if the call is for the child's advantage or just another dig these two parents stick to each other.

My friend, the family law judge, told me when one side brings up money-as Bethenny did-it really is all about the money.  She also mentioned she kind of doubted the court would find Jason taking the kid to Catholic services something that had to be ceased. Not something Bethenny would be forced to do. Twice in less than 12 months Bethenny has pushed Jason into legal situations.  The arrest that day at the school was centered around Jason saying he didn't care how many attorneys Bethenny hired he wasn't going to back out of his daughter's life.  

Quite frankly if I were Jason, I would have enter to into evidence or take to the psych eval the last episode of the "Bethenny and Fredrik Show", where Bethenny reduces a grown man, an expectant father to tears.  Bethenny and Jason are both intelligent enough to know when to wear their Sunday best.  Only Bethenny insists on showing her ass (literally) and totally malicious side publicly in a regular basis.  I will get about 10 pages of the show doesn't count-but it does.  The name calling the basic viciousness is real.  

I feel for any kid that has to go to a court ordered evaluation.  Bryn is being asked to talk about herself and her parents to a total stranger.  I pity the poor kid if she says something one her parents disapproves of.  From what Jason attorney said it sounds more like an updated forensic evaluation.  I keep thinking what if Bryn says something along the lines she would like to alternate living with Daddy and Dennis.  Regarding the bold it would not be the first time someone swung for the fences and ended up striking out and losing the game.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I feel for any kid that has to go to a court ordered evaluation.  

Me, too -- it's such a stressful situation for a kid old enough to know what the evaluations mean,  and how important they are to her parents -- parents have problems handling the stress of being evaluated, just imagine how worse the stress  must be for a seven year old.

Quite frankly if I were Jason, I would have enter to into evidence or take to the psych eval the last episode of the "Bethenny and Fredrik Show", where Bethenny reduces a grown man, an expectant father to tears.  

Yeah,  I'd probably go there, too -- especially if she were trying to take away my parental rights -- what she did to Fredrik was so crazy and over the top (and so out of control) I'd be worried she'd be triggered and lose her shit like that around my kid.

eta:

.I think a kid who is about to be 8 years old should be able to exist without a phone call or be court ordered to have privacy when the kid calls the other parent.

That's an excellent point -- she's now old enough to handle a phonecall on her own, without needing Mum or Dad to facilitate it, so the judge could easily order privacy around parental check-ins. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I think you mean "it may affect visitation".

No,  I meant it will affect visitation --  but thanks for PTVsplaining my thoughts to myself  : )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I need to push back on this.  I'm no fangirl of Beth, but this appears to be a woman who would have zero issues with using a sperm bank to father her child.  I've never bought into the "used him to have a kid" theory.  Just my opinion.

With the utmost of respect, I have a different opinion. I believe that Bethenny Frankel isn't going to pay a cent for anything she can get for free. Bryn came before the sale of SG. And good sperm costs $8-10k.

And while I see no problem with sperm banks, it was clear (to me) from season 1 that she wanted to have a child with a man. Not necessarily a syringe. That being said, no man she has ever been with or will be with in the future was/is going to kowtow to her control and disrespect. Therefore I believe she used him for sperm and never thought it was going to work for the long run. Getting married was a big mistake. She had a good ring though. 

• Love 3

Double posting this.  (Also put in RHONY Media thread)

Lawd, lawd - 

pagesix

Humor me for a minute...what if Bethenny wanted more autonomy with her kid (hence the new custody filing), so she could move to Cali and become a RHOBH, along with her ol' pal Kyle, which might spur a comment such as that in the link?  Just empty fodder I'm sure.  ? 

Also, Jill.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Only Bethenny insists on showing her ass (literally) and totally malicious side publicly in a regular basis.  I will get about 10 pages of the show doesn't count-but it does.  The name calling the basic viciousness is real.  

It's the only reason I watch B & F. It is fascinating to watch her in this new relationship with Fredrick. It does count you are right ! She's a mess with other human beings and it makes me sympathize for her former beaus and her mother and father. 

She is swinging for the fences and may strike out on this soon, so far she comes across as a total sociopathic,  vicious shrew. 

3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Humor me for a minute...what if Bethenny wanted more autonomy with her kid (hence the new custody filing), so she could move to Cali and become a RHOBH, along with her ol' pal Kyle, which might spur a comment such as that in the link?  Just empty fodder I'm sure.  ? 

Absolutely this, although I think she sued Jason for custody so she could get attn in the press for Bethenny and Fredrick!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

It's the only reason I watch B & F. It is fascinating to watch her in this new relationship with Fredrick. It does count you are right ! She's a mess with other human beings and it makes me sympathize for her former beaus and her mother and father. 

She is swinging for the fences and may strike out on this soon, so far she comes across as a total sociopathic,  vicious shrew. 

Absolutely this, although I think she sued Jason for custody so she could get attn in the press for Bethenny and Fredrick!

Though I really don't believe this is in the cards, how completely, totally, stupendous would it be to watch Beth & LVP wrangle for the Queen Bitch In Charge Of All Things tiara?

Princess-Margaret-of-England-Tiara.jpg

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Though I really don't believe this is in the cards, how completely, totally, stupendous would it be to watch Beth & LVP wrangle for the Queen Bitch In Charge Of All Things tiara?

Nahhh, as tough as some think Lisa is, she really does have a big heart/is a softie, Bethenny, on the other hand, enjoys eviscerating others for fun and is cold/hard.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It'd be a beauty because Bethenny would go on a rampage of mocking and belittling LVP with vulgarity and then quietly, out of nowhere  LVP would destroy her to tears with one barbed LVP dig. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, snarts said:

Not true.  If Bethenny is awarded sole & primary custody, she can move Bryn anywhere without petitioning the court.  Which, IMHO, is her end game.  

She's an utterly selfish twat who really shouldn't have procreated with anyone.

I don’t think in NY she can move out of state without agreement or court order.  Visitation can indeed be decided by the Court, but usually the parties manage to agree.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I don’t think in NY she can move out of state without agreement or court order.  Visitation can indeed be decided by the Court, but usually the parties manage to agree.

I am at a loss what Bethenny is seeking to change in the present order. Are these really the issues?

• She wants to have more time with her daughter so Jason doesn't have as many opportunities to see Bethenny because his desire is to see Bethenny and harass her?  I would think by now they are not seeing each other face to face.
  • She wants to market Brynnygirl and Jason won't agree for the child's likeness to be used or for her to appear on TV
  • Bethenny wants to be able to pursue west coast television opportunities and relocate
  • Bethenny wants to pay less child support
  • Bethenny wants to explore her newfound Jewish faith   

I am at a loss as to why any of these issues except pimping marketing Brynnygirl would require Bethenny to have sole custody.  It just seems the time to make this motion would have been a year ago or longer when Jason was doing the stalking.  Unless Jason is absolutely out of his mind I really don't see him counting down the days to April 21st when he is no longer subject to a restraining order.  Can't Bethenny just file for an order of protection without a change in custody?

I am at a loss why Jason would be stripped of joint legal custody?

There are times I cannot believe what comes out of her mouth:  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/13/bethenny-frankel_n_4590040.html  Watch the video. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

I'm kinda baffled to this day as to why Bethenny wanted to be a mom so desperately that she "settled" for a risky shotgun baby with some sketchy dork like Jason....other than the way she dotes on her dogs, she just never struck me as the maternal type. She's always been a career-first sort of woman always trying to climb the professional/social ladder even higher. And with the way she was brought up by such uncaring parents and a cold mother, I would've thought she'd recoil at the idea of making the same mistake with a child of her own before investing in some hardcore therapy. I wish she'd opted to wait to get all her shit together emotionally and then had adopted rather than quickly have an oops pregnancy with someone she seemingly barely knew.

Given the way she publicly trashes him, chips away at his relationship with Bryn by keeping her from him and likely talks shit about daddy to/in front of her daughter, I'm not too confident that she should've ever had a child with anyone, despite all her wealth. Jason's still the kid's father and if he wants to be involved in her life and help raise her well, Beth needs to respect that.

He's obviously no picnic either with his own set of issues, so it just makes me sad for Bryn in the end---I honestly have always felt that Bethenny only pushed to have a random kid strictly for status' sake, to have her accessory child she felt she was supposed to have in order to prove that she'd "made it." Jason probably just went along with it all because he knew he'd be set for life. It's just such a shame that the poor kid is being fought over like a chess piece in their ugly battle of wills.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 12

I've been away from all this for so long but here is my 'uneducated' opinion.

I don't question either parent's love for Bryn.

RE:  Jason.   Sometimes in life we are pushed passed our breaking point.  Trust me I know.  I think all the b.s. that came with the breakup has affected him in ways that only he knows (and parents too).  I don't think he is anything like what he has been portrayed.  B's form of self-promoting is extremely destructive these days.  I think Jason has paid the price in this divorce/custody battle.  If he was just about getting money, he would have taken it and ran a long time ago. 

RE:  B.   I understand the need to win.  I understand the drive for success.  Some things in life are more important than press.  Even more important than money.   Success is determined in many ways and so is failure.   The constant 'beating on one person' sounds to me like 'the finger is pointing' in the wrong direction.   If, as a woman, I want advice I'd look for it elsewhere ... you might want to re-think your business plan. 

Overall:   Everything I've said could be total b.s. regarding these two.  I don't know.  

• Love 10

I once worked for a woman exactly like Bethenny.  To the T.  Every single piece of it except her child is/was a boy (he's grown now) and she did eventually marry a very nice man who DOES kowtow (poor man).  Karma comes around.  It always does.  Their apartment and all of their possessions were destroyed by fire when they were out of town, Birkins and all.  I guess the only win in it for her is she got a massive insurance settlement, rebuilt the apartment and got to shop her ass off to replace all that was lost.  Still, these women exist, and they will never be happy.  She made my life hell for many years and that is most of the reason I feel the way I do about Bethenny.  I've been on the receiving end and it ain't pretty.  She can condescend to everyone all she wants but at the end of the day, I'm happy with myself and where I am, and I didn't need to destroy anyone to succeed.  I wonder what ever happened to her assistant Julie...I will NEVER, EVER forget the look on Jason's face when she announced she was moving on.  I felt so bad for him in that moment.  Julie was the thread that held them all safely together.

• Love 12

I don't see any reason to think that either of these two parents disregard or don't care for their child.  Bethenny can be an extremely driven businesswoman and still totally adore her daughter.  Jason can be a difficult and overbearing man and still totally adore his daughter.  But neither of them can forgive each other for her sake.  Sadly this happens all the time in life and in Reality.  The best thing is that the child is too young to be asked to pick sides.  I've seen that over and over.  One parent manages to manipulate the child or children into hating the other parent.  Right now I know of a couple with one adult son.  The wife has managed to persuade the boy that his father is a worthless piece of crap who should be shunned.  The father was never a particularly faithful spouse and I'm sure hurt his wife a ton.  However he is now ill with multiple problems.  And the one person in life he does genuinely adore is his son and only child.  Who wants nothing to do with him and has no contact with him.  When the father dies, the wife will think that is the end of it.  But I suspect the boy will feel differently in a few years.  And how, then will he deal with the fact that he shunned his dying father at his mother's behest?

• Love 8

Jeuss -- why would you ever announce to the world that you "settled" for the father of your child?

Well, this article is from 2014 so it would have been during the heavy days of the divorce.

And I am going to be honest, I have a lot of divorced friends, male and female, who say much worse. 

Lets also not pretend that this marriage began under idyllic circumstances - they had only been dating for a few months when Bethenny got pregnant (and that act of irresponsibility is on BOTH of them, if Jason didn't want the possibility of a child, his dick should have been wrapped at HIS instance - neither person was an innocent teen). They both made the rather bad call to display their marriage in a reality show. In retrospect (and after watching season 3 this weekend) Bethenny and Jason had problems. I was literally just watching the Perez Hilton baby reveal episode - Perez revealed Bethenny's pregnancy at like eight weeks. Bethenny was legit upset - taking the same position other castmates including Jill of all people, that one doesn't publically talk about the baby until you're three months out because things can happen - and calls Jason. Jason comes in and Bethenny is begging his forgiveness, Jason gets mad and lectures Bethenny on how she has to give this, that he gets to be mad at her that he now has to rush and tell his parents instead of the lovely family gathering he had already planned... It was awkward and ugly and that phrase sums up their interactions.

If Jason had been smart - if the tabloid reveal of his fiancé's baby was really so awful - this would have been a good time to re-evaluate the possible marriage. 

Years later, with a contentious divorce where Jason fought tooth and nail to get a bigger share of the pie than his pre-nup allowed? Yeah I can see Bethenny being less than glowing in describing Jason... and he's hardly been "I still love Bethenny and she's always been the best thing that ever happened to me". And believe me, I don't expect that from ether party. 

When 20 year old Brynn goes looking to see how her parents handled the divorce, she is going to find plenty of bad behavior and shitty actions and comments on both sides.

SuprSuprElevated - "Brynnygirl" is a child's clothing line Bethenny may or may not be coming out with.

Edited by Rap541
"wife" and "baby" aren't the same words :D
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I only recently began monitoring this thread, and have seen reference to this "Brynnygirl" thing a couple of times.  What is this about?  Haven't seen anything about it anywhere but here.

Omg what IS this??  This is new to me too.  Oh dear.

11 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

SuprSuprElevated - "Brynnygirl" is a child's clothing line Bethenny may or may not be coming out with.

She did the website, copyright etc on it.  But she has done that for about 300 things that we’ve never seen.  Luggage anyone?  So I wouldn’t hold my breath.  Plus this is something that has been around since Kathy Lee Gifford’s kids had clothing lines.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Well, this article is from 2014 so it would have been during the heavy days of the divorce.

And I am going to be honest, I have a lot of divorced friends, male and female, who say much worse. 

Lets also not pretend that this marriage began under idyllic circumstances - they had only been dating for a few months when Bethenny got pregnant (and that act of irresponsibility is on BOTH of them, if Jason didn't want the possibility of a child, his dick should have been wrapped at HIS instance - neither person was an innocent teen). They both made the rather bad call to display their marriage in a reality show. In retrospect (and after watching season 3 this weekend) Bethenny and Jason had problems. I was literally just watching the Perez Hilton baby reveal episode - Perez revealed Bethenny's pregnancy at like eight weeks. Bethenny was legit upset - taking the same position other castmates including Jill of all people, that one doesn't publically talk about the baby until you're three months out because things can happen - and calls Jason. Jason comes in and Bethenny is begging his forgiveness, Jason gets mad and lectures Bethenny on how she has to give this, that he gets to be mad at her that he now has to rush and tell his parents instead of the lovely family gathering he had already planned... It was awkward and ugly and that phrase sums up their interactions.

If Jason had been smart - if the tabloid reveal of his fiancé's wife was really so awful - this would have been a good time to re-evaluate the possible marriage. 

Years later, with a contentious divorce where Jason fought tooth and nail to get a bigger share of the pie than his pre-nup allowed? Yeah I can see Bethenny being less than glowing in describing Jason... and he's hardly been "I still love Bethenny and she's always been the best thing that ever happened to me". And believe me, I don't expect that from ether party. 

When 20 year old Brynn goes looking to see how her parents handled the divorce, she is going to find plenty of bad behavior and shitty actions and comments on both sides.

Bethenny and Jason dated almost a year before she got pregnant.  Bethenny claimed at the time she didn't think she could get pregnant.  So they weren't exactly strangers on the train exchanging bodily fluids.  In fact the third season opens with Jason and Bethenny deciding to cohabitate  with Jason wanting more in the future.  Jason was upset that Perez Hilton got the news because he had not told his parents.  Bethenny suggested he get them to NYC right away so they could tell them and Jason said it wasn't practical as they both worked.  It is a three hour one way drive.  It wasn't ugly it was reality that the grandparents should find out about a future grandchild before the public.  The one who acted ugly was Bethenny name calling Perez Hilton.  Personally, once they announced their engagement  throwing out Bethenny being pregnant was a 50/50 proposition.   

Far tackier than talking about settling for someone you have had a child with is any discussion about how conception occurred and who was primary in the responsibility for contraception when there is a child involved.

Bryn won't have to go looking at age 20-she lived it.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

I'm surprised she hasn't found a way to capitalize on Cookie's passing.  I guess Brynnygirl isn't THAT bad but man, Bethenny will try to connect anything to her brand and make money off it.  I guess that's what entrepreneurs do.  Ugh.

• Love 2

Bethenny and Jason dated almost a year before she got pregnant.  Bethenny claimed at the time she didn't think she could get pregnant.  So they weren't exactly strangers on the train exchanging bodily fluids. 

Yeah, if Jason didn't want a baby, then Mr. Winky should have been plastic wrapped for the sex.  No one was a fifteen year old virgin. Jason was a 30+ theoretically intelligent man. "I can't get pregnant" - if that was actually said and I suspect it was not - I suspect Bethenny assumed her age made it unlikely - is the female version of "I was told I was sterile". Jason is a big enough boy to know slipping his dick in and blowing his wad in a vagina means baby risk - he chose to take that risk. He was not entrapped because he had every opportunity to wear a condom. 

I apologize if I seem a little firm on this point, I just feel fairly strongly that grown ass adults who think with their genitals shouldn't get free passes. If Jason didn't want a baby with Bethenny, his response to "I probably can't get pregnant" should have been "well, let's just be careful, I have Trojans right here".

The one who acted ugly was Bethenny name calling Perez Hilton. 

Yeah, you can feel bad for poor Perez Hilton if you like but I think he earned a few names being called on that one. If *Bethenny* had chosen to tell people at eight weeks it's one thing, Perez telling the world when she was still in that time where women miscarry was Perez being an asshole. No woman deserves that, can you imagine how any woman would feel having her pregnancy announced publically at 8 weeks and then having to explain publically two weeks later how her baby died in her womb and miscarried? I'm sorry, I don't think Perez was the victim here.

• Love 8

What Perez Hilton did was indefensible.  

I remember I was back home for Christmas over 20 years ago and I confided in my younger sister that I was newly pregnant. She decided it was okay to tell her husband who just happened to be friends with the older brother of one of my friends from high school.  My BIL told the brother (who lived a thousand miles away and didn't even know me!) who then told his sister (who lived another thousand miles away!) who proceeded to tell her mother back home who then told everyone in town I was pregnant. I was only four weeks along!  I was horrified. This happened over the course of a week and back in the days of landlines, for Pete's sake! And I'm just some nobody! 

Perez Hilton putting Bethenny's pregnancy news on blast across all of America was a (typically) shitty thing of him to do. He deserved a lot more than just being called a few names, imo.

The only thing that made it worse was how Jason responded to it. He was a complete asshole. He acted like it was Bethenny's fault somehow, all pissed off at her. It made me sick watching her squirm and apologize like she was guilty of something. He should have been worrying about her feelings and the stress it had caused her. Instead he was all about his pathetic, needy, clingy parents and how he was possibly going to be denied his *big moment* announcing he'd knocked up a woman he barely knew.  I knew then and there Jason was a selfish irredeemable asshole who didn't really care about Bethenny and their marriage was a huge mistake! 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Perez Hilton putting Bethenny's pregnancy news on blast across all of America was a (typically) shitty thing of him to do. He deserved a lot more than just being called a few names, imo.

Then remember that Perez reported that Bethenny had given birth to a boy after 12 hours labor when in fact she was still in labor with a girl.  That was Bethenny baiting the person that leaked the pregnancy news.  So she told someone a lie and bingo the lie was reported by Perez.  And that was the last we heard from Perez about Bethenny for a long, long time.  I would hate to be the person feeding Perez.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, if Jason didn't want a baby, then Mr. Winky should have been plastic wrapped for the sex.  No one was a fifteen year old virgin. Jason was a 30+ theoretically intelligent man. "I can't get pregnant" - if that was actually said and I suspect it was not - I suspect Bethenny assumed her age made it unlikely - is the female version of "I was told I was sterile". Jason is a big enough boy to know slipping his dick in and blowing his wad in a vagina means baby risk - he chose to take that risk. He was not entrapped because he had every opportunity to wear a condom. 

I apologize if I seem a little firm on this point, I just feel fairly strongly that grown ass adults who think with their genitals shouldn't get free passes. If Jason didn't want a baby with Bethenny, his response to "I probably can't get pregnant" should have been "well, let's just be careful, I have Trojans right here".

Yeah, you can feel bad for poor Perez Hilton if you like but I think he earned a few names being called on that one. If *Bethenny* had chosen to tell people at eight weeks it's one thing, Perez telling the world when she was still in that time where women miscarry was Perez being an asshole. No woman deserves that, can you imagine how any woman would feel having her pregnancy announced publically at 8 weeks and then having to explain publically two weeks later how her baby died in her womb and miscarried? I'm sorry, I don't think Perez was the victim here.

Where has it ever been indicated or mentioned  Jason didn't want the child?  Or was entrapped?  Bethenny had endometriosis, which is why perhaps she thought getting pregnant would not be possible. They were both excited over the prospect of having a baby.  When Bethenny had her spin off, these two constantly told each other "I  love you", so I find what Bethenny said about Jason rather revisionist.  

I don't feel sorry for Perez.  Never like the guy before or after his reinvention.  I was responding to the comment about Jason and his anger.   See note below as to the people Bethenny revealed her pregnancy. The one who showed a lack of anger management was Bethenny going off on Perez Hilton and name calling and ranting. Jason was referred to as "sSome loser no one really cares about,"  ouch.  Here is what Perez had to say about the situation: 

Sperminated!!!!

Oops!

We just outscooped her on her own scoop!

Real Housewives of New York star Bethenny Frankel announced over the weekend that she was engaged to some loser no one really cares about.

BUT, what she didn't reveal is that she's also pregnant!!!!

Yup, sources reveal exclusively to PerezHilton.com that Bethenny, pushing 40, is expecting her first child. No doubt she was hoping to sell that story to some tabloid.

Sorry!

A source very close to Frankel, who is getting her own spin-off show on Bravo, tells us: "Bethenny premeditated all of this! She got pregnant and got engaged all for her own show."

No shit!

Congrats anyways!

*Just a little aside-three years ago on RHOBH, Bethenny invited the ladies to her house in the Hamptons.  Lisa Rinna had a conversation with Bethenny about the last time she saw Bethenny told Rinna she was pregnant and not told anyone. I am not blaming Rinna for the leak- but I do find it interesting, that Bethenny, who obviously didn't know Rinna well felt free to tell her about her pregnancy.  At the time Rinna was trying to be cast for the first season of RHOBH and didn't get the role.   

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Then remember that Perez reported that Bethenny had given birth to a boy after 12 hours labor when in fact she was still in labor with a girl.  That was Bethenny baiting the person that leaked the pregnancy news.  So she told someone a lie and bingo the lie was reported by Perez.  And that was the last we heard from Perez about Bethenny for a long, long time.  I would hate to be the person feeding Perez.

I remember Jill tweeting her congratulations on the birth of their boy.  http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/baby-blunder-jill-zarin-congrats-real-housewives-co-star-bethenny-frankel-new-baby-boy-article-1.180444  

• Love 5

Calling it "revisionist" makes it sounds like Bethenny is being intentionally misleading. I don't think  she is.

I think it is common for someone to look back on a relationship's beginning with increased negativity after it has failed and they're going through a hellish divorce. She was basically second guessing herself. Nothing more.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4

Where has it ever been indicated or mentioned  Jason didn't want the child?  Or was entrapped?  Bethenny had endometriosis, which is why perhaps she thought getting pregnant would not be possible.

I suppose - and forgive me Zoeysmom if I am wrong - that you intentionally raised the point that Bethenny told Jason she couldn't get pregnant to suggest that Jason was entrapped into marriage by the pregnancy. I didn't see any reason to make that point other than to suggest that Jason was somehow used or victimized by Bethenny.

If you were not suggesting that Bethenny intentionally lied to Jason about her fertility, then I apologize. I just don't understand why'd you'd bring it up at all. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I'm surprised she hasn't found a way to capitalize on Cookie's passing.  I guess Brynnygirl isn't THAT bad but man, Bethenny will try to connect anything to her brand and make money off it.  I guess that's what entrepreneurs do.  Ugh.

I disagree with you, RedDelicious. :D

Brynnygirl is THAT bad.  I have a feeling that Brynn would have come up with a better name.  

• Love 3

Anyone who has had real life exposure to Perez knows that he's pretty much a POS. Someone who runs around talking about a woman's pregnancy before she reveals it herself should take whatever comes there way afterwards. I would wring his neck. 

I don't know Jason personally, but have several colleagues who have had a myriad of experiences with him. I've heard the words "psycho" and "weirdo" bandied about more than anything else. I would also take the idea that he (or his "team") does not reach out to the media (my field) with a very large grain of salt. A hill of salt, if you will. 

That said, none of that means that he isn't a good parent to his daughter. The fact that sole custody does not mean removing visitation has been well-covered above. I hope, however this works out, that their daughter has as many loving family members as she possibly can. Children need that more than anything else. That includes high-strung Bethenny, weirdo Jason, his needy parents, and anyone else who loves her and is willing to support her throughout her life. I actually do believe that the judge will put her needs above the needs of her cuckoo parents. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What Perez Hilton did was indefensible.  

I remember I was back home for Christmas over 20 years ago and I confided in my younger sister that I was newly pregnant. She decided it was okay to tell her husband who just happened to be friends with the older brother of one of my friends from high school.  My BIL told the brother (who lived a thousand miles away and didn't even know me!) who then told his sister (who lived another thousand miles away!) who proceeded to tell her mother back home who then told everyone in town I was pregnant. I was only four weeks along!  I was horrified. This happened over the course of a week and back in the days of landlines, for Pete's sake! And I'm just some nobody! 

The only thing that made it worse was how Jason responded to it. He was a complete asshole. He acted like it was Bethenny's fault somehow, all pissed off at her. It made me sick watching her squirm and apologize like she was guilty of something. He should have been worrying about her feelings and the stress it had caused her. Instead he was all about his pathetic, needy, clingy parents and how he was possibly going to be denied his *big moment* announcing he'd knocked up a woman he barely knew.  I knew then and there Jason was a selfish irredeemable asshole who didn't really care about Bethenny and their marriage was a huge mistake! 

Jason and Bethenny met in November of 2008, over Labor Day weekend in 2009 they were talking about moving in together.  They weren't strangers.  The were engaged before the pregnancy announcement in October of 2009.

Gee how could Bethenny have possibly contributed to the release of her pregnancy news?  Maybe by peeing on a stick in front of camera crew and producers announcing the results and calling friends.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/videos/perez-hilton-leaks-bethennys-pregnancy   Bethenny seems to be worried about the baby, and the timing of the announcement.  I just don't happen to agree with the description of Jason's reaction.  Notice also the huge engagement ring Bethenny has on her finger.  Betehnny described the plans completely contrary they wanted to have a nice dinner after the three month mark and celebrate the pregnancy.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yes. A name like Growinggirl. 

Yes, like that. 

As long as Brynn didn’t suggest ‘Daddysgirl’ I think it would have been ok.  :D

• Love 3
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

In other words, Bethenny felt fine with telling her "friends" but not in telling her soon to be in-laws, the grandparents. Pretty shitty/selfish IMO. 

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I suppose - and forgive me Zoeysmom if I am wrong - that you intentionally raised the point that Bethenny told Jason she couldn't get pregnant to suggest that Jason was entrapped into marriage by the pregnancy. I didn't see any reason to make that point other than to suggest that Jason was somehow used or victimized by Bethenny.

If you were not suggesting that Bethenny intentionally lied to Jason about her fertility, then I apologize. I just don't understand why'd you'd bring it up at all. 

Well in no way was the my statement meant to imply any such thing that Jason was entrapped.  It was in response to the idea being forwarded here that the two hardly knew each other when they conceived.  It simply isn't true-they were talking about moving in together and Bethenny had accepted Jason invitation. Additionally I am just repeating what Bethenny said.   What I took away from Bethenny's declaration is the two were involved in a relationship and used no contraception and they happily conceived Bryn.  At no time that I recall has Jason  ever said or even been credited with blaming Bethenny for the pregnancy or not wanting the baby.

• Love 5