Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, SCS said:

Be that as it may, people can do surprising things when their cubs are involved and Jason is nothing if not her little cub. Also as smores astutely points out:

At that stage, Mrs. Hoppy wouldn't have had any reason to think she needed to protect her son. Yes, she should have know the rules but I stand by what I said, she never had any intent to do anything illegal. 

• Love 8

It doesn't matter though, if she intended to or not.  The fact remains that she did and she had a professional and ethical obligation not to.  People do make mistakes at work, but when they do something along the lines of this, then their reputation would suffer.  That's what happens in this case, people look at Mrs Hoppy and say, hmm, maybe she's not too good of a notary.  Maybe this is the only mistake she's ever made in her notary career, but, sadly, it was a big one and caught in a really big, public way and it's not something that can be excused away with "oh, but she had no intent to do something illegal"   Or, to put it another way, I've paid some speeding tickets because I've been driving down the highway and suddenly there were lights flashing behind me.  When I glance down at the speedometer as I'm slowing down to pull over, I realize that I'm going 12 miles over the speed limit.  5 minutes earlier, I was driving at the speed limit, and I didn't speed up on purpose, it's just one of those things where you just realize "crap! how did I suddenly hit this speed?" but, there I was, speeding, with no intent to do it.  And, I got caught, so I suffered the consequences and paid the ticket.  

Plus, no one really knows her intent.  The cop couldn't know if I was speeding on purpose, because maybe I just think speed limits are stupid, arbitrarily imposed things, like deadlines (TM Craig), or I just accidentally went to fast.  Jason's mother could very well have known the rules and decided that "eh, everyone does it, since it's the kids, no one will know/care" and gone ahead and done it.  She may not have known (though, it's her job to know).  But, no one can say definitively that she did it by accident.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah. Bethenny is one smart cookie and knows all these things, but the actual notary, Mrs. Hoppy, is a baby who while she is a notary, she is not required to know what a notary can and can't do because notaries apparently don't have to know anything about their job.

I still find it hilarious that Bethenny has near super villian capacity to know legal matters but pretty much almost lost this whole thing. If Jason hadn't used his mommy as his notary, he probably would have won.

A fair number of notaries become one because the office needs a notary, and X is picked; yes she should be aware of the notary laws but we don't know how often she notarized any documents.  Mrs. Hoppy's notarizing B's signature was a technical violation, in that they apparently weren't IN Pennsylvania at the time.  That's it. 

https://www.superiornotaryservices.com/blog/notarizing-out-of-state-documents/

Had B and J never divorced, the entire thing would never have arisen.  Of course, I continue to think that had B not gotten pregnant, the relationship would have ended prior to marriage.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 7/21/2018 at 12:07 PM, Gem 10 said:

Why does she hate him so much .. because he’s fighting for their daughter?  I’m clueless as I don’t read anything about them.

He's been really spiteful to the point of being unhinged -- sending dozens upon dozens of nasty emails to Beth and her boyfriend, refusing to communicate with Beth when Bryn is with him, numerous threats of violence, trying to keep her Manhattan apartment (which she fought him and got back), and a few public run-ins at Bryn's school (Jason was arrested at least once) and I think that's when she got the restraining order against him.  He purposely does everything in his power to send misery her way.  Not a good guy, and not a good influence on their child.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 7/24/2018 at 4:19 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

It must really be a blow to her when it does happen. I also think we tend to trust our loved ones in ways we would not trust others, so she probably wasn't on guard against being shafted by her husband and elderly in laws.

Oh, totally THIS ^^^  I wonder what the grandparents were thinking when she went ahead and notarized those papers.  They obviously thought it would pass the smell test if it was challenged.  And they couldn't foresee it was gonna be challenged?  And what about their relationship with and access to their only grandchild - did they not even consider that pulling this shady would put a lock on a Hatfields and McCoys future for Bryn??   And now look -- Beth might get full custody.  I don't know these folks, but judging from their proven behavior, I'm thinking Bryn is probably better off keeping that whole Hoppy clan at a distance.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

He's been really spiteful to the point of being unhinged -- sending dozens upon dozens of nasty emails to Beth and her boyfriend, refusing to communicate with Beth when Bryn is with him, numerous threats of violence, trying to keep her Manhattan apartment (which she fought him and got back), and a few public run-ins at Bryn's school (Jason was arrested at least once) and I think that's when she got the restraining order against him.  He purposely does everything in his power to send misery her way.  Not a good guy, and not a good influence on their child.

She literally started all of this shit. The vast majority of the emails were Jason contacting Bethenny to see if she had received his earlier calls or emails about things happening with Bryn. She was ignoring him and refusing to communicate. They had an intermediary, which he should have used. It continued to escalate until he made threats. He was arrested the one time and she got a restraining order. However, she used his arrest as a very cynical gambit to push for sole custody. This is stress that she created. At no point, was she able to demonstrate that Jason was a danger to Bryn. And because of this selfish stunt, the judge ordered psych evals on Jason, Bethenny, and Bryn. Neither of them are right, but her personality disorder and control issues are the cause of this mess.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

She literally started all of this shit. The vast majority of the emails were Jason contacting Bethenny to see if she had received his earlier calls or emails about things happening with Bryn. She was ignoring him and refusing to communicate. They had an intermediary, which he should have used. It continued to escalate until he made threats

If they had an intermediary that individual probably told him you don’t get to know where Brynn is and what she is doing every second of the day.  So he took matters into his own hands because he is a very ugly person to co parent with.  I would not have communicated with him either.  Use the intermediary.  Leave me alone.  He’s absolutely unhinged.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

He's been really spiteful to the point of being unhinged -- sending dozens upon dozens of nasty emails to Beth and her boyfriend, refusing to communicate with Beth when Bryn is with him, numerous threats of violence

Is there a source for this? I may be blanking out, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't any threats of violence involved. 

• Love 4
On 7/21/2018 at 4:33 PM, AnnA said:

ETA:   I watched the spin offs.   Bethenny was always Bethenny......difficult.    She never pretended to be anyone else.   

I disagree to a point. She was always an asshole, yes. BUT she tried (at least on camera) to make it seem like she respected his normal life. She flipped when it leaked to the tabs about her pregnancy. She included his mom in dress shopping and cried over her being like a mom to her. She included him in her business dealings before she made it big because they were partners in life. And then when her life changed for the better, his simple normalcy became abnormal. I think they both changed at that point and he started treating her the same way he watched her treat others. And here they are.....

• Love 5
(edited)

It's funny how Jason -  the supposed psycho  - is never the one regularly reported in the news as behaving in an unhinged manner. With the exception of yelling at Betheny and her loanshark fuckbuddy (who should never have been included in a parents day event) and sending Frankel the equivalent of five texts or emails a day (none of them threatening violence) for four months (160 overall, iirc) he's never in the news for losing his shit.

Maybe I missed all the reports about Jason's chronically unstable behaviour -- Jason throwing water on a stranger at a concert, threatening to go after a former intern, a boat captain and a damn uber driver (for not treating him like royalty) Jason dating (and defending) a credibly accused rapist and exposing Bryn to him on multiple occasions (while also tweeting about all the "fake rapes" he's read about over the years), the video of Jason sobbing over a dangerously ill animal,  Jason screaming foul insults at his co-workers. Jason bragging over and over about raising tens of millions for Puerto Rico (when he actually raised 1.4 million) Jason claiming he produced the Grammys and Oscars (when he catered parties for guests at those events), Jason lying about his father (a man beloved by many) and accusing him of forever disappearing from his life when Jason was four.

Funny, I missed all of that crazy shit from Hoppy. 

It's also funny how the one incident we do know quite a bit about (Hoppy confronting Frankel and that usurious piece of shit, Shields) evolved into something completely different, the more the truth came out. Funny how the DA went from painting him as a crazed stalker to "How about we just pretend this never happened six months from now, Mr Hoppy?" Funny, all of it. 

But yeah -- despite all those facts, I guess I have to take her word as pure gold -- she's so stable and trustworthy and honest, right? 

I'm no fan of the man (I think he's often weak and deeply enmeshed with Frankel's sick personality) but Bethenny Frankel tried to turn him into a menacing figure and criminal, and nearly got away with it.  That is beyond fucked up. And now she's sowing instability in Bryn's life by subjecting her daughter (by all accounts, happy and well adjusted) to yet another custody battle,  an unnecessary court ordered psych eval (something Bryn is now more than old enough to understand the implications of) all in service to trying to erase Bryn's father as having any real say in Bryn's life, health, education, and future.  She's playing the same games with Jason she says Bernadette played with her own father -- and apparently doing so without any self awareness -- but Jason is the only problem here.  

Here's hoping the judge sees through all the shit, and saves Bryn from the mess being made around her.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 21
24 minutes ago, film noire said:

It's funny how Jason -  the supposed psycho  - is never the one regularly reported in the news as behaving in an unhinged manner. With the exception of yelling at Betheny and her loanshark fuckbuddy (who should never have been included in a parents day event) and sending Frankel the equivalent of five texts or emails a day (none of them threatening violence) for four months (160 overall, iirc) he's never in the news for losing his shit.

Maybe I missed all the reports about Jason's chronically unstable behaviour -- Jason throwing water on a stranger at a concert, threatening to go after a former intern, a boat captain and a damn uber driver (for not treating him like royalty) Jason dating (and defending) a credibly accused rapist and exposing Bryn to him on multiple occasions (while also tweeting about all the "fake rapes" he's read about over the years), the video of Jason sobbing over a dangerously ill animal,  Jason screaming foul insults at his co-workers. Jason bragging over and over about raising tens of millions for Puerto Rico (when he actually raised 1.4 million) Jason claiming he produced the Grammys and Oscars (when he catered parties for guests at those events), Jason lying about his father (a man beloved by many) and accusing him of forever disappearing from his life when Jason was four.

Funny, I missed all of that crazy shit from Hoppy. 

It's also funny how the one incident we do know quite a bit about (Hoppy confronting Frankel and that usurious piece of shit, Shields) evolved into something completely different, the more the truth came out. Funny how the DA went from painting him as a crazed stalker to "How about we just pretend this never happened six months from now, Mr Hoppy?" Funny, all of it. 

But yeah -- despite all those facts, I guess I have to take her word as pure gold -- she's so stable and trustworthy and honest, right? 

I'm no fan of the man (I think he's often weak and deeply enmeshed with Frankel's sick personality) but Bethenny Frankel tried to turn him into a menacing figure and criminal, and nearly got away with it.  That is beyond fucked up. And now she's sowing instability in Bryn's life by subjecting her daughter (by all accounts, happy and well adjusted) to yet another custody battle,  an unnecessary court ordered psych eval (something Bryn is now more than old enough to understand the implications of) all in service to trying to erase Bryn's father as having any real say in Bryn's life, health, education, and future.  She's playing the same games with Jason she says Bernadette played with her own father -- and apparently doing so without any self awareness -- but Jason is the only problem here.  

Here's hoping the judge see through all the shit, and saves Bryn from the mess being made around her.

Word! Lost at sea, doesn't have parents (yet eulogized her father when he later passed), homeless, Luann fucks everyone, RBG isn't her friend. Lies.  Lies. Lies.

And we should believe her about Jason? If she will lie about what she puts forth to promote her image there is nothing she won't do when her child is on the line. Poor Bryn has to endure a forensic psych eval, old enough to understand that she is on the line for her own future and will have to live with the guilt if she gets more time with one parent more than the other that "she" determined it.  The saddest part is the forensic psych eval will take place and more than likely the current custody arrangement will stand. All that wasted psyche, tears, and childhood. It is STUPID stupid damage Bethenny brought on herself. 

Jason and his parents never talk to the press. Ever. That says a lot for me. 

PS It was THEIR apartment he lived in until the divorce was final BTW. Not "hers." 

• Love 15

It's so often only after a woman is murdered that people believe her. The hysterical bitch trope is still alive and well. Because if no one else saw it, it has to be a lie. I'm glad B got a restraining order.

• Love 9

Jason and his parents never talk to the press. Ever. That says a lot for me. 

In fairness, by never talking to the press, Jason and his parents, including poor Mrs. "I'm a Notary but bless my heart, I don't know my job even though Bethenny Frankel is a smart cookie who should have known it for me" Hoppy never ever have to answer any questions about just what they were trying to pull with that trust.

Aside from you know, trying to trick Bethenny into letting Jason have assets that he wasn't due, because he signed a pre-nup. 

• Love 6
(edited)
43 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It's so often only after a woman is murdered that people believe her. The hysterical bitch trope is still alive and well. Because if no one else saw it, it has to be a lie. I'm glad B got a restraining order.

The hysterical bitch trope is used against  women with valid accusations who are being dismissed and ignored by friends, family and the police  -- none of which applies to Frankel  -- she was heard by the cops, Hoppy was arrested, the DA overcharged him twice/ ended up forced to back down due to not having any evidence that Hoppy was a danger to her physical safety (not to any inepitude or unwillingess on their part). But for all that, he is still seen as a stalker -- how that serves any woman being genuinely stalked is beyond me, but hey, job well done, Bethenny, job well done.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
29 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Bethenny was NOT lost at sea. She DID at the time have parents. She was NOT homeless, Luann does NOT fuck literally everyone, and RBG did have her personal cell phone number and they connected socially. If you are referring to what's behind closed doors that we are not seeing being the level of murderous rage I like you hope that never ever comes to pass or even close to it that is truly tragic.  Not hysterical bitch trope but I do see your point.  Bethenny lies and exaggerates. A lot. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

This is all true and we've seen some abusive controlling spouses and partners on these shows. He was increasing his contacts and threats. She got a restraining order. He does not seem to have re-escalated the offensive contact. But I'm not going to paint him with the broad brush of an abuser when we've seen some actual individuals on Bravo that scare me more than Jason does (future murderer Joao from Below Deck: Med, aspiring rapist Bryan from Below Deck: Med, Russell Armstrong, Jim Bellino, Josh Taekman (who Bethenny used to date), George Teichner (Aviva's dad), Kenya's ex Matt, Brooks, Brianna's husband Ryan, Tamra's ex Simon and her son Ryan, Apollo Nida, and Bethenny's rapist ex).

• Love 6
(edited)
21 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

This is all true and we've seen some abusive controlling spouses and partners on these shows. He was increasing his contacts and threats. She got a restraining order. He does not seem to have re-escalated the offensive contact. But I'm not going to paint him with the broad brush of an abuser when we've seen some actual individuals on Bravo that scare me more than Jason does (future murderer Joao from Below Deck: Med, aspiring rapist Bryan from Below Deck: Med, Russell Armstrong, Jim Bellino, Josh Taekman (who Bethenny used to date), George Teichner (Aviva's dad), Kenya's ex Matt, Brooks, Brianna's husband Ryan, Tamra's ex Simon and her son Ryan, Apollo Nida, and Bethenny's rapist ex).

Wow!   That's some list.   I had no idea!

Based on what we know I wouldn't paint Jason as an abuser either but like you said, she did get a restraining order. They don't hand them out like parking tickets.   I know because I had to get one once.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Some of those really scared the shit out of me. Apollo went racing up to the house after Phaedra kicked him out. He then starts  in on Phaedra and grabs a power drill and starts whirring it while following her through the house. I thought he was honestly going to kill her. That one legitimately scared me.

5 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Based on what we know I wouldn't paint Jason as an abuser either but like you said, she did get a restraining order.  They don't hand those out like parking tickets.   I know because I had to get one once.

Restraining orders aren't easy to get, but I think Jason probably course corrected because he now knew he couldn't have a "typical" dysfunctional parenting relationship with Bethenny.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

Based on what we know I wouldn't paint Jason as an abuser either but like you said, she did get a restraining order. They don't hand them out like parking tickets.   I know because I had to get one once.

Well actually, a temporary one isn't all that hard to get. The harder part is a month or so later when you get to get a permanent one (where the evidence is really examined and considered), and many are often dropped at that point. Only speaking from experience here. So who knows which side of the coin Bethenny's situation lies.

• Love 4

I actually thought the idea that Bethenny was openly talking about mixing Ambien and alcohol and acting the fool on camera was the better point to make.

Because an argument can be made that Dennis may have hidden his addiction from her... but that scene was on Bethenny's own damn show.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

And they’re off. It’s unfortunate this has to be done right on top of Dennis’s death. But obviously Hoppy doesn’t give a shit. 

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/16/bethenny-frankels-ex-questions-her-parental-judgment-after-dennis-shields-death/

He's a viper. 

ETA: he's standing on the edge of a very slippery slope to be arguing about potential non-parental caregiver fitness. His elderly parents look after Bryn at times, no? Hate to say it, but advanced age is a risk factor for catastrophic illness and death. What if one of them had a stroke or sudden heart attack, while looking after Bryn, in the car, driving? And, is his father, who barged into a business meeting in his underwear, showing some early signs of dementia? Is the sainted Mother Hoppy of The Travelling Notary Stamp in full possession of all her faculties?  Should we question Jason's judgment in allowing his parents to look after Bryn from time to time?

And he does this days after she's suffered a huge loss. If Bethenny were to drag him to court just days after one of his parents died, I'd be disgusted too. But I don't believe Bethenny would sink that low.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 11

Bethenny should have used better judgement in bringing Dennis around Brynn. She's not the only mother to foist her new boyfriend on her child but really, she should know better if she's so protective of her daughter. It is not wise or healthy for the child to be exposed to boyfriends just because of the emotional damage it might do to get attached and then he's gone. And taking Dennis on school runs (which is parental) was deliberately to make Jason angry and if not it was poor judgement on her part.  Plus she picks not the best guys....Date all you want, just don't bring them around the kids.

• Love 16

I'm torn, because I think if there's really a discussion going on about how Brynn grieves for Dennis going on then yes, Dennis was a factor. On the other hand, there's a huge number of people functioning right now with addictions who don't have their ability to be around children questioned. I mean, I'm pretty certain Bryn has been around Luann and LUANN IS AN ALCOHOLIC. So is Bethenny a bad parent for allowing her child to be around Luann? Or Dorinda?

And I somehow doubt Jason's associates are pure either... I mean sure, why not demand drug tests of everyone in Bryn's sphere while we're at it?

But then that drunk mess at the holidays with Bethenny waking up in the wrong bedroom? Thats the point I'd raise. Not the now dead boyfriend who seems to have shocked all of his friends with his accidental overdose.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

then that drunk mess at the holidays with Bethenny waking up in the wrong bedroom? Thats the point I'd raise. Not the now dead boyfriend who seems to have shocked all of his friends with his accidental overdose.

They raised both. Lots of shit gets raised in custody battles which is why I cannot believe the courts don’t seal the proceedings the public doesn’t need to have access to such information.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

And they’re off. It’s unfortunate this has to be done right on top of Dennis’s death. But obviously Hoppy doesn’t give a shit. 

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/16/bethenny-frankels-ex-questions-her-parental-judgment-after-dennis-shields-death/

I was really hoping that this wouldn't happen, and I'm not privy to the information to know whether or not there is even a modicum of justification for it, but from here, it just feels filthy.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Bryn has been around Luann and LUANN IS AN ALCOHOLIC.

Luann is a friend (more likely just a coworker) not someone presented as a parental figure (possible future step parent) and isn't having breakfast with Brynn, going on school runs and picking her up and tucking her in at night.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Bethenny should have used better judgement in bringing Dennis around Brynn. She's not the only mother to foist her new boyfriend on her child but really, she should know better if she's so protective of her daughter. It is not wise or healthy for the child to be exposed to boyfriends just because of the emotional damage it might do to get attached and then he's gone. And taking Dennis on school runs (which is parental) was deliberately to make Jason angry and if not it was poor judgement on her part.  Plus she picks not the best guys....Date all you want, just don't bring them around the kids.

It was always my feeling that Bethenny was supplanting Jason with Dennis and that was a major reason for the custody explosion. But if she's grieving and is concerned for Bryn at this point in time, she can't have Jason criticized in court for refusing to delay the hearing AND not allow him a conversation regarding how to address death with Bryn. 

In truth I've been trying to stay away from this thread and Jason may be a jerk but I just cannot see Bethenny's actions as anything but an attempt to wipe him from Bryn's life completely.

• Love 18

I can't remember caring so much about something one of these tv people/tv people adjacent did. This, to me, is the lowest of the low, and the fact that he does this to her now, that he is capable of striking like this, mere days into her grief, makes me believe every single thing she's ever said about his despicable character.

He is the worst -- nevermind Bethenny -- I worry for Bryn if she ever does anything to cross her father.  Now that I have seen what he is capable of -- shudder.

He could have sent an email to her, Bethenny, I know we have our differences, but I would like to put those aside for a moment to tell you how very sorry I am about Dennis. Please know that I am here to help out with Bryn in any way I can, even if it's just for a few hours on your Bryn days, if you need a break.

That's it. Some kindness in light of her pain, instead of going in for the kill, when she is so weak and vulnerable. I'm genuinely sickened by it.

• Love 18
On 7/29/2018 at 2:49 PM, HunterHunted said:

Some of those really scared the shit out of me. Apollo went racing up to the house after Phaedra kicked him out. He then starts  in on Phaedra and grabs a power drill and starts whirring it while following her through the house. I thought he was honestly going to kill her. That one legitimately scared me.

Restraining orders aren't easy to get, but I think Jason probably course corrected because he now knew he couldn't have a "typical" dysfunctional parenting relationship with Bethenny.

I HAVE to ask.  I just started watching Below Deck Med and need to know why Joao is so bad.  I have only seen 2 eps and haven't figured everyone out yet.

That is CREEPY about Apollo.  I don't watch Atlanta so had no idea.  I think Jason is pretty awful but in a generic awful way not a if my body goes missing talk to Jason way.

3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Disgusting.  Jason COULD have handled this like a person who cares for his kid more than hates his wife but no.  Does he REALLY want to go there?  Had he handled this better perhaps it would have gone a long way to heal whatever is their problem. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Well, Beth is the one filed for sole custody.  So why shouldn't Jason bring it up?

Really. Her behavior on the show has been questionable at best, even without the Dennis situation. imo the judge should watch a few episodes of Bethenny’s shows and order a psych evaluation - nobody with npd should raise a child, and there are a ton of red flags in plain sight.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, Jel said:

I can't remember caring so much about something one of these tv people/tv people adjacent did. This, to me, is the lowest of the low, and the fact that he does this to her now, that he is capable of striking like this, mere days into her grief, makes me believe every single thing she's ever said about his despicable character.

He is the worst -- nevermind Bethenny -- I worry for Bryn if she ever does anything to cross her father.  Now that I have seen what he is capable of -- shudder.

He could have sent an email to her, Bethenny, I know we have our differences, but I would like to put those aside for a moment to tell you how very sorry I am about Dennis. Please know that I am here to help out with Bryn in any way I can, even if it's just for a few hours on your Bryn days, if you need a break.

That's it. Some kindness in light of her pain, instead of going in for the kill, when she is so weak and vulnerable. I'm genuinely sickened by it.

Agree 100%.  Wonder how he will finance THIS court drama?  What a fucking asshole.  He has not one ounce of human kindness.  I would think B is an absolute shit if she did the same thing.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Rap541 said:

If it's a genuine concern, he has the right to raise it but the timing is showing poor judgement... and makes me wonder how genuine the concern is

Isn’t the timing about her wanting full custody and new questions regarding drug use?

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

There is a lot none of us know for sure (although I don't believe any overtures on Jason's part would be welcomed by Bethenny), but Jason asked for time to meet with Bethenny to discuss Dennis' death and how it should be addressed to Bryn. Bethenny denied his request. I don't understand why Jason should be expected to accommodate Bethenny's request for a delay due to her grief if she won't accommodate his request to address their daughter's feelings on the subject and how to approach those feelings. 

I had not read that.  Did B deny it because it was too soon or?  I can see needing some time to process the whole thing before meeting with Jason.  Was Bryn with Jason at the time?  I don't see how waiting for B to get her wits about her before plunging into how to tell/deal with Bryn and how it will be upsetting to her is wrong.  I hope when Jason's parents kick she gives him time to process before meeting to discuss how it should be addressed with Bryn.  Kids do need time to deal with this sort of thing and I see no reason why she could't have been protected from the news until both parents were calm and able to tell her the news at a better time (better meaning B wasn't so raw).

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I don't understand why Jason should be expected to accommodate Bethenny's request for a delay due to her grief if she won't accommodate his request to address their daughter's feelings on the subject and how to approach those feelings. 

While I agree I don’t think Bethenny is in any place to discuss anything for oh let’s say a week.  Do we know when he wanted to meet with her?  Previous court discussion indicates that the two of them work through a mediator due to Jason’s stalking issues.  Is this his way to circumvent those so he can again verbally harass her?  Nope, he burned that bridge with the stalking order.  This is why people need to work this stuff out.  Working it out in the middle of a funeral is just not a good idea.

The judge seems to agree.  He described Hoppy as lobbing grenades across the table and set the next hearing for mid March.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I had not read that.  Did B deny it because it was too soon or?  I can see needing some time to process the whole thing before meeting with Jason.  Was Bryn with Jason at the time?  I don't see how waiting for B to get her wits about her before plunging into how to tell/deal with Bryn and how it will be upsetting to her is wrong.  I hope when Jason's parents kick she gives him time to process before meeting to discuss how it should be addressed with Bryn.  Kids do need time to deal with this sort of thing and I see no reason why she could't have been protected from the news until both parents were calm and able to tell her the news at a better time (better meaning B wasn't so raw).

2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

While I agree I don’t think Bethenny is in any place to discuss anything for oh let’s say a week.  Do we know when he wanted to meet with her?  Previous court discussion indicates that the two of them work through a mediator due to Jason’s stalking issues.  Is this his way to circumvent those so he can again verbally harass her?  Nope, he burned that bridge with the stalking order.  This is why people need to work this stuff out.  Working it out in the middle of a funeral is just not a good idea.

The judge seems to agree.  He described Hoppy as lobbing grenades across the table and set the next hearing for mid March.

My apologies; the information regarding Jason requesting a discussion with Bethenny was included in the Page Six article this morning. Apparently, it's been updated and the request is no longer mentioned.  And there's now this article in US Weekly states the following:

A source in the courtroom told Us Weekly that the pair were in court on Thursday because Frankel previously requested for another trial to gain primary custody of Bryn.

“Bethenny, in Bryn’s best interest, asked for a new trial. The minute the judge agreed to that today, Jason’s side brought up the Dennis stuff,” the source said. “The judge said now you’re throwing ‘grenades.’ Jason and his team were OK with Bethenny as a mom when they walked into the courtroom, but then once Bethenny got what she wanted, they didn’t think the was a good mom.”

I just hate every bit of this story.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Agree 100%.  Wonder how he will finance THIS court drama?  What a fucking asshole.  He has not one ounce of human kindness.  I would think B is an absolute shit if she did the same thing.

This must have been a scheduled court date in the ongoing case filed by Bethenny for full custody.  I'm a bit surprised they didn't ask for a postponement, but they didn't.  She didn't mind disparaging him in her papers asking for full custody.   When was Jason going to bring this stuff up otherwise?  I do not blame him one single bit.  He has to use every bit of evidence at his disposal to retain his existing agreement.   

• Love 20
Just now, chick binewski said:

My apologies; the information regarding Jason requesting a discussion with Bethenny was included in the Page Six article this morning. Apparently, it's been updated and the request is no longer mentioned.  And there's now this article in US Weekly states the following:

A source in the courtroom told Us Weekly that the pair were in court on Thursday because Frankel previously requested for another trial to gain primary custody of Bryn.

“Bethenny, in Bryn’s best interest, asked for a new trial. The minute the judge agreed to that today, Jason’s side brought up the Dennis stuff,” the source said. “The judge said now you’re throwing ‘grenades.’ Jason and his team were OK with Bethenny as a mom when they walked into the courtroom, but then once Bethenny got what she wanted, they didn’t think the was a good mom.”

I just hate every bit of this story.

Thanks!  I always forget to check Page 6!  The story is awful.  Jason is acting like a shark with blood in the water.  Neither parent is blameless with their fight but right now is a time to come together as best they can for Bryn.  Even if that means just not being an asshole and trying to use it to advance their own side.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, weaver said:

This must have been a scheduled court date in the ongoing case filed by Bethenny for full custody.  I'm a bit surprised they didn't ask for a postponement, but they didn't.  She didn't mind disparaging him in her papers asking for full custody.   When was Jason going to bring this stuff up otherwise?  I do not blame him one single bit.  He has to use every bit of evidence at his disposal to retain his existing agreement.   

I agree no one has acted in an admirable way so far in their court cases.  I don't see how Jason bringing this up right now is in the best interest of Bryn.   His daughter will see his lack of empathy one day and how he used the death of someone she apparently liked to his advantage.  That is a shit move.  I will also say again, that if B did the same thing if roles were reversed I would say the same about her.  He has seen how B acts on this show forever and NOW he is concerned how she acts on it?  No one knows how much B knew about his Oxy consumption.  Maybe he didn't have a problem with them and made a dosage mistake that cost his life.  His wife for sure thought he was a good dad and didn't keep his kids from him.  

• Love 6

This is the last prior article I could find on the topic of the custody case.  In early March the judge said they had to stick with their existing custody agreement, and ordered psychological evaluation for Bryn.  There was to be another court date to follow through.  That presumably was this week's court date.  If Bethenny had let it be and say OK, based on this judge's opinion, let us continue the existing joint custody agreement, it probably would have ended the whole matter.  But no, she asked for a new full custody trial.   So no sympathy to her from me.  

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/08/judge-wants-bethenny-frankels-daughter-to-see-psychologist/

• Love 19

THIS is  the Jason that I've seen since back in the reality show days.  And, he's disgusting.  Where is his showing of a "real family" now?  Is this how a real family handles the death of someone close to them?  He lost his brother, he can't manage a tiny bit of empathy for Bethenny?  Nope, he has to throw out a giant accusation right after he didn't get his way.  It's not like he went to court with this info before Dennis's death.  It's not like he was in court, regretfully, with this info when the new broke last week.  He didn't give a shit about it until he didn't get his way today. 

And even if he doesn't care that Bethenny lost Dennis.  Even if he wants her to hurt more, how about Brynn?  He's admitting that Brynn had a relationship with Dennis.  Even though Dennis and Bethenny dated (and I don't, for the record, think Bethenny was trying to make Dennis her "new Daddy",), Brynn knew Dennis, he was around, so she just lost probably the first person in her life.  You would think Jason would want to do whatever he could to try to make this situation ok for Brynn, though I'm sure it's a shitty thing to have to listen to her being sad about Dennis.  Still, it's crucial that this sort of thing be handled well with a child, and it's really important for kids in Brynn's shoes that it's ok for them to grieve.  If this were Jason's parents, it would be on Bethenny to make the same sort of "space" for Brynn.  It's just disgusting that he's going to try to use this as a weapon.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, smores said:

THIS is  the Jason that I've seen since back in the reality show days.  And, he's disgusting.  Where is his showing of a "real family" now?  Is this how a real family handles the death of someone close to them?  He lost his brother, he can't manage a tiny bit of empathy for Bethenny?  Nope, he has to throw out a giant accusation right after he didn't get his way.  It's not like he went to court with this info before Dennis's death.  It's not like he was in court, regretfully, with this info when the new broke last week.  He didn't give a shit about it until he didn't get his way today. 

And even if he doesn't care that Bethenny lost Dennis.  Even if he wants her to hurt more, how about Brynn?  He's admitting that Brynn had a relationship with Dennis.  Even though Dennis and Bethenny dated (and I don't, for the record, think Bethenny was trying to make Dennis her "new Daddy",), Brynn knew Dennis, he was around, so she just lost probably the first person in her life.  You would think Jason would want to do whatever he could to try to make this situation ok for Brynn, though I'm sure it's a shitty thing to have to listen to her being sad about Dennis.  Still, it's crucial that this sort of thing be handled well with a child, and it's really important for kids in Brynn's shoes that it's ok for them to grieve.  If this were Jason's parents, it would be on Bethenny to make the same sort of "space" for Brynn.  It's just disgusting that he's going to try to use this as a weapon.

Totally agree. I'm honestly bummed that Jason has once again proven himself to be the pathetic human being I remembered him to be. Poor Bryn... They both really should be putting her first. Anywhoodle. Jason is a dique, hopefully he gets a grip and stops being such a shady twat. 

• Love 6

He didn’t bring it up before because he had no evidence.  He didn’t bring it up on Tuesday until Bethenny again asked for a new trial for full custody and was granted it.  

No I don’t think he cares that Bethenny lost Dennis.  Bethenny is trying to take Bryn from him.   That is what he cares about.  

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, film noire said:

In my opinion, yes - because real families don't surrender joint custody of their children willingly or easily, right?

Today, Hoppy asked that joint custody continue, but Frankel demanded sole custody and a trial.  I don't see how trying to marginalize Bryn's father in Bryn's life (especially in the wake of Dennis' death) in any way promotes the health and stability of that child.  And how is Bethenny asking for a trial  (in which evidence will be given as to whether Hoppy is fit to retain joint custody) in any way Hoppy's fault for bringing a mud-slinging trial into their lives?

I agree. Frankel opened this door, not Hoppy. And since she's determined to reduce Bryn's father to having no more decision-making power than an uncle in his own daughter's life -- itself an attack of epic proportions -- she can't cry foul when the man refuses to surrender his daughter to Bethenny without a fight.

Under the current agreement,  Hoppy has the right to weigh in on Bryn's education, medical care and emotional issues; why would any parent give up that right? Never mind the dozens of ways that plays out in a child's life, just look at one huge issue they have between them: under the current custody agreement,  Betheny is forbidden to use Bryn for marketing purposes, or put her on tv or social media. Last spring, Frankel trademarked a company called "Brynnygirl":  without Jason having joint custody,  how long do you think it will be before that child's face is all over that brand? How long before that child becomes a public commodity, as her mother has become? Why would any parent give up the right to protect their child from that kind of life?

I'm not enamored of either of them, but if cusotdy is split,  I figure the kid has a shot at not disappearing totally into either of her parent's issues.  And that aside, no way would I ever surrender my child to Frankle's sole judgement. In the last year alone, she left her young child in the sole care of an addict who just overdosed. She publicly admitted mixing drugs and drink.  She posted a video showing herself suffering a sob and scream breakdown in the presence of her child and seizing dog.  She posted deeply private information about her child's emotional state online.  There are so many red flags, here, there should be a matador in the courtroom.

Well said!

• Love 10