Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

In other words, Bethenny felt fine with telling her "friends" but not in telling her soon to be in-laws, the grandparents. Pretty shitty/selfish IMO. 

Having literally watched that episode last night, part of Bethenny's begging apology while Jason steamed in anger was that *Jason* wanted to wait until she was three months before *he* told his parents that she was pregnant. So no, Bethenny wasn't selfishly and shittily ignoring her inlaws, *Jason* was controlling the timing of the announcement as he wanted to do it in person.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

In other words, Bethenny felt fine with telling her "friends" but not in telling her soon to be in-laws, the grandparents. Pretty shitty/selfish IMO.

Or someone in production heard the conversation and sold it.  Or Hoppy was looking for extra money.  He likes the money.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Let's see we know she told the camera crew, her assistant, her friend in Florida, the producers and Lisa Rinna just to name a few before the Hoppys.

I personally thought it was kind of sweet they made a plan to surprise the Hoppys and I don't think the reaction was to the plan being busted up more that the Hoppys were about to get a dose of reality TV in a big way.  

Of course none of this has to do with the custody battle.

2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Or someone in production heard the conversation and sold it.  Or Hoppy was looking for extra money.  He likes the money.

I believe Jason was referred to in the article as "some loser no one cares about," I don't think Perez pays for leads or stories-he doesn't have the resources.  Interesting enough the twist on the story is his scoop deprived Bethenny of selling the story.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Nope, it was someone Bethenny told, other wise, she wouldn't have been able to set them up later. from your post, "That was Bethenny baiting the person that leaked the pregnancy news.".

• Love 4
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Well in no way was the my statement meant to imply any such thing that Jason was entrapped.  It was in response to the idea being forwarded here that the two hardly knew each other when they conceived.  It simply isn't true-they were talking about moving in together and Bethenny had accepted Jason invitation. 

What you meant was crystal clear, imo -- they weren't (as you put it) "strangers on a train" when they conceived, but a couple.

blowing his wad in a vagina

(puts yogurt down on desk)

That's okay.

I didn't really want lunch anyway ; )

2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

it was someone Bethenny told, other wise, she wouldn't have been able to set them up later. 

Good catch, WW (and I have to give Frankel credit for using a time honoured ruse to figure out who couldn't be trusted in her inner circle - sneaky, but smart).

~it was good yogurt, too; noosa

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Having literally watched that episode last night, part of Bethenny's begging apology while Jason steamed in anger was that *Jason* wanted to wait until she was three months before *he* told his parents that she was pregnant. So no, Bethenny wasn't selfishly and shittily ignoring her inlaws, *Jason* was controlling the timing of the announcement as he wanted to do it in person.

I posted the clip.  Bethenny was speaking in the first person talking about her age and risk.  She was the one talking about what Jason would say.  Julie, the ever wonderful assistant, told her Jason loved her and asked her to marry him and it was okay.  Jason wasn't even in the room.  Bethenny had summoned him to come over.

If nothing else it is a cautionary tale that if you are pregnant don't tell anyone until you want to make it public.  Not your friends, not your family, your producer, your assistant,  your publicist, the camera crew, Lisa Rinna, the passenger sitting next to you in first class.    

• Love 2

I posted the clip.  Bethenny was speaking in the first person talking about her age and risk.  She was the one talking about what Jason would say.  Julie, the ever wonderful assistant, told her Jason loved her and asked her to marry him and it was okay.  Jason wasn't even in the room.  Bethenny had summoned him to come over.

Because that not the right scene - a little later in the episode, Jason enters Bethenny's apartment and they discuss it. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Wait can we talk about Bethenny's crescent moon eyebrows in that clip??

LOL. (I agree the eyebrows could be better, but I thinks she looks pretty lovely otherwise  -- I like her hairstyle/colour, her make-up is pretty (I like that soft pink lip) and her face is still recognizably "hers".)

eta: loosely related to Bethenny and spilled size-of-a-lima-beans news:

Lucille Ball spent ten years trying to conceive. When she finally thought she might be pregnant,she and Desi had to spend the weekend waiting to find out if -on Monday morning -- the rabbit had died. Sunday night, Desi's asleep and Lucy is knitting while listening to the radio. Winchell's radio show comes on, and the lead story is "Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz are infanticipating!" She wakes up Desi and they celebrate, because they both know Winchell's sources are so good, he is 100 percent trustworthy she's finally pregnant ; ) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Because that not the right scene - a little later in the episode, Jason enters Bethenny's apartment and they discuss it. 

I really doubt that Jason knew the dangers during the first trimester of a pregnancy, let alone that of someone Bethenny's (then) age, as most men don't know this. I'm pretty sure Bethenny had to fill him in on that when she first told him she was pregnant, which is why he would asked not to tell his parents until she/they were past that initial danger period. I also think Bethenny told him she wasn't going to tell anyone either but apparently she did anyway.

• Love 5

If your argument was that Bethenny didn't tell the inlaws because she decided not to and therefore was selfish and shitty - then the scene in question counteracts that because Jason clearly talks about how they had held off telling the inlaws because he wanted to wait until she was three months along and that they could do it together at the Hoppy family home. 

Because that was the original plan according to Jason in that scene, that they weren't telling his parents until she was three months and to where they could do it in person. Jason was angry that Bethenny's fame led to Perez Hilton assholishly spilling the beans publically early. He was angry that the special moment he had planned where he (and Bethenny) told his parents she was pregnant at three months was ruined. She obviously didn't tell the inlaws she was pregnant because of his plans for the moment. 

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, film noire said:

LOL.

I agree the eyebrows could be better, but I thinks she looks pretty lovely otherwise  -- I like her hairstyle/colour, her make-up is pretty (I like that soft pink lip) and her face is still recognizably "hers".

I agree - I like the way she used to look so much better.  But those eyebrows, omg.  In the talking head she was fine but the actual clip where she's with Julie, horror!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

If your argument was that Bethenny didn't tell the inlaws because she decided not to and therefore was selfish and shitty - then the scene in question counteracts that because Jason clearly talks about how they had held off telling the inlaws because he wanted to wait until she was three months along and that they could do it together at the Hoppy family home. 

Because that was the original plan according to Jason in that scene, that they weren't telling his parents until she was three months and to where they could do it in person. Jason was angry that Bethenny's fame led to Perez Hilton assholishly spilling the beans publically early. He was angry that the special moment he had planned where he (and Bethenny) told his parents she was pregnant at three months was ruined. She obviously didn't tell the inlaws she was pregnant because of his plans for the moment. 

Bethenny tells Jason that there is a chance she could miscarry the baby and that they shouldn't tell anyone, so he agrees and tells her to not tell his parents but then Bethenny decides to tell people anyway. Then the not so secret, secret is exposed in a very public way because, once again, Bethenny told others when she advised Jason they shouldn't. So, Yea, she was selfish/shitty for not letting Jason know she was telling people and risking what did happen.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I saw the scene with Jason.  Before Jason it was Bethenny running down what and who the early news would affect.  She was the one talking about the Hoppys being disappointed.  Jason simply agreed with her and how there was no way to "fix it".  What Jason didn't waste time on was calling Perez Hilton names.  If anything maybe Jason should have seen the forest for the trees and that press will always reign supreme and now social media.  

Was I the only one who hoped the marriage would work?  In the beginning I was happy for the little Hoppy family.

https://parade.com/40301/francarpentier/0611-bethenny-frankel/ 
What is Jason like as a father? 
“My husband is incredible! He loves to interact with Bryn and have a purpose: He’s the burp master, diaper-changer, sponge-bather for the most part. Since I breastfeed, he wants to feel necessary. He is incredible. Zero disappointments. His heart is made of candy.”

Who would you say is Jason’s “Number One” girl? You or Bryn? 
“Seriously, I worried that I’d be chopped liver, but Jason loves us both so much. I think he loves how much she and I love each other.”

As a new mom who’s also a new bride, how do you keep the romance alive? 
“Well, no sex for two weeks. Jason is counting down as if it we’re an Advent calendar. Date night is cliche but important. I need to work on dressing as if I’m not in a garbage bag. It’s really bad. I’m an animal.”

You gave birth the day before Mother’s Day. Did Jason, who seems quite charming and generous, get you a Mother’s Day gift? 
“Jason gave me cards and flowers for Mother’s Day but got me beautiful eternity bangles from Kristen Farrell for my ‘push gift.’ Kristen Farrell also did my wedding band and engagement ring.”

What are you planning to get Jason for his very first Father’s Day? 
“Not a clue. Maybe the Neiman Marcus cuff links with Bryn’s fingerprints on them.”

I guess Bethenny was truly always really into herself.  Anyway I was hoping they would make it.  If they didn't I was hoping they would be that cool divorced couple who supported each other.  

• Love 5
On 3/12/2018 at 4:15 AM, film noire said:

Jeuss -- why would you ever announce to the world that you "settled" for the father of your child?

So, if she sees the father as "less than", by extension, she must feel the same about Brynn.  Or at least if I were Brynn, that is how I would feel.  Way to build self-esteem, loonie tune. 

To think/feel it is one thing, but to say it out loud for her daughter to hear is another.  

• Love 5

Jextella, if I may add to your last sentence .....

and read and read .... oh .... and read!  

We all know how these articles work.  Poor Brynn will be getting married and this kind of stuff will be added to the article.  You know ... because it’s newsworthy.  (Lol ... how does one show an ‘eyeroll’?)

6 hours ago, Jextella said:

So, if she sees the father as "less than", by extension, she must feel the same about Brynn.  Or at least if I were Brynn, that is how I would feel.  Way to build self-esteem, loonie tune. 

To think/feel it is one thing, but to say it out loud for her daughter to hear is another.  

I would think the Jason/Bethenny years when viewed by Bryn would cause her some real issues when it comes to love and trust.  Mom and Dad could not leave the room without saying, "I love you," if that behavior is settling what behavior is satisfied?

Imagine the kid living with mom and dad got divorced because dad wasn't good enough anymore.  

Interesting is Bethenny enters into a settlement agreement for custody and it seems as if she spent a majority of the duration of the "settlement" fighting it.  Maybe Bethenny will learn the hard way sometimes settling is irrevocable.  You have to live up to your word.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5
On 3/12/2018 at 12:15 PM, Rap541 said:

Yeah, you can feel bad for poor Perez Hilton if you like but I think he earned a few names being called on that one. If *Bethenny* had chosen to tell people at eight weeks it's one thing, Perez telling the world when she was still in that time where women miscarry was Perez being an asshole. 

Wait? Who told Perez? If the camera crew and friends knew before his parents that’s risky for leaks and bad. I understand he wanted to wait until they were three months safe or to tell the Hoppys in person. That sucks . I don’t blame him for being disappointed . 

On 3/12/2018 at 5:49 PM, WireWrap said:

I really doubt that Jason knew the dangers during the first trimester of a pregnancy, let alone that of someone Bethenny's (then) age, as most men don't know this. 

He works in pharmaceuticals (allegedly ) so I would bet he knows about drugs affecting fertility and the repro system . 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Wait? Who told Perez? If the camera crew and friends knew before his parents that’s risky for leaks and bad. I understand he wanted to wait until they were three months safe or to tell the Hoppys in person. That sucks . I don’t blame him for being disappointed . 

He works in pharmaceuticals (allegedly ) so I would bet he knows about drugs affecting fertility and the repro system . 

Well let's see there was the production people, the editing people, the camera crew, her friend Terri and Lisa Rinna-who she really didn't know.

Bethenny first mentioned the plan about taking the Hoppys out to dinner to celebrate.  Then Jason came over and she told Jason of the news item, and wanted Jason's parents to come to New York straight away so they could be told.  Jason said they lived three hours away and they worked.  Just an interesting side note-Bethenny said she did not have her engagement filmed because it was too private.  Maybe Jason was trying to create boundaries about what made the airwaves and was disappointed with the big reveal. 

IIRC shortly after Bethenny's pregnancy news went public Ramona had an event and Bethenny did not go because she was ordered to bed rest due to bleeding.  Alex took that as a sign to deliver the news Bethenny was done with Jill.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Jextella said:

Bethenny's filter>>>>>download aborted.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Not really. Most Pharm Reps have little knowledge about anything medical outside of the products they sell, they are sales people, not medical professionals for the most part. Although there are some pharmacists/nurses/medically trained people working as Pharm sales reps, no one, including Jason, has ever claimed he was anything beyond a sales rep, so I doubt that he knew anything before Bethenny filled him in.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Not really. Most Pharm Reps have little knowledge about anything medical outside of the products they sell, they are sales people, not medical professionals for the most part. Although there are some pharmacists/nurses/medically trained people working as Pharm sales reps, no one, including Jason, has ever claimed he was anything beyond a sales rep, so I doubt that he knew anything before Bethenny filled him in.

There are many pharmaceuticals that can prevent miscarriage . Maybe he sells those or is familiar with them. Most familiar with drug formularies also have basic knowledge of things like this especially pharma reps. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

There are many pharmaceuticals that can prevent miscarriage . Maybe he sells those or is familiar with them. Most familiar with drug formularies also have basic knowledge of things like this especially pharma reps. 

I think we would have heard about it when Bethenny informed him on the show but no, there was no indication that he had prior knowledge, none. 

• Love 1

I really doubt that Jason knew the dangers during the first trimester of a pregnancy, let alone that of someone Bethenny's (then) age, as most men don't know this. 

That's not exactly a flattering description, you know. A thirty five year old man who has no idea that the early months of pregnancy are not unicorn rides and gummi bear dinners. 

Of course, no one knows if Jason knew this or didn't but really, the idea that he knocked someone up and never looked up the potential for issues is kinda pathetic on his part. If, of course, he was this ignorant. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Jextella said:

So, if she sees the father as "less than", by extension, she must feel the same about Brynn.  Or at least if I were Brynn, that is how I would feel

Will this mother/daughter relationship go the way of the Bethenny/Bernadette relationship?

Stay tuned.

I can't

Gotta go.

17 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Not really. Most Pharm Reps have little knowledge about anything medical outside of the products they sell,  

Absolutely untrue.

17 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

At the very least.

16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think we would have heard about it when Bethenny informed him on the show but no, there was no indication that he had prior knowledge, none. 

Doesn't mean he didn't know it just means we didnt see it.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Rap541 said:

That's not exactly a flattering description, you know. A thirty five year old man who has no idea that the early months of pregnancy are not unicorn rides and gummi bear dinners. 

Of course, no one knows if Jason knew this or didn't but really, the idea that he knocked someone up and never looked up the potential for issues is kinda pathetic on his part. If, of course, he was this ignorant. 

Yes, the assumption  that he had no knowledge of first trimester risks is ... odd.

• Love 5

OK guys. Lets just all watch our tone when disagreeing with people here. Nothing is being removed (yet) but at this point with no new questions or information it seems that we're veering dangerously close to a dead horse here. Please please please keep in mind that 1) everyone is not required to agree, 2) that you're very unlikely to change someone's opinion and 3) when disagreeing you must be respectful of your fellow posters. Thank you! Make it nice!!

64qoZ.gif

• Love 9
22 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Many are RNs.

• Love 5

A lot of meds are also contraindicated for pregnancy, so he'd need to be aware of that, as well, for any meds he happened to rep for.  I'm obviously not a guy, but, I can't think of anyone around me who was in their 30s and was unfamiliar with the concept of people waiting a bit to announce a pregnancy "just to be safe." Out of all of my single, male relatives, they're all aware that it's usual to wait, because it can be risky.  They might not know all the things that could happen, but they know that people wait because you could lose the baby.

• Love 4

She's named after Jason's deceased brother, Brian.  

Yup, well aware that the child is named after Jason's brother who died tragically and left the entire Hoppy family bereft.  My opinion? Let children have their own names. Particularly when insisting on naming the baby after the dead relative to where you give a female child a rather odd and unattractive name that will always lead to the question of "Why are you named that?"

But really, it's not a pretty name and doesn't go well with either Hoppy or Frankel, it has a painful association to the family, and at best it sounds like a kid who was named by hipsters. In my opinion, if it sounds like something you'd name a pet dog or cat, don't name your child that.

• Love 4
On 3/13/2018 at 11:16 AM, Jextella said:

Not necessarily an apples to apples correlation,  she is also half Bethany and Bethany thinks a lot of herself. 

I often can't stand Bethany,  but the amount of vitriol she engenders in people,  I mean more than the chick who helped her boyfriend fake cancer and more than Phaedra who accused a castmate and her husband of wanting to rape another castmate,  it floors me. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Not necessarily an apples to apples correlation,  she is also half Bethany and Bethany thinks a lot of herself. 

I often can't stand Bethany,  but the amount of vitriol she engenders in people,  I mean more than the chick who helped her boyfriend fake cancer and more than Phaedra who accused a castmate and her husband of wanting to rape another castmate,  it floors me. 

You are right.  Apples and Oranges. "More Bethany" doesn't make up for "less Jason". 

For me, the vitriol stems from Bethany's "all about me" mentality. In all things.  Even in what she passes off as charitable work. 

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  Thanks much, though.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I mean more than the chick who helped her boyfriend fake cancer and more than Phaedra who accused a castmate and her husband of wanting to rape another castmate,  it floors me. 

Frankel brought a credibly accused rapist on multiple outings  with Bryn -- that is top five housewife awful, imo (if nothing else, keep your kid out of your fucked-up sex life -- male or female parent). And (lesser, but still ugly) slapping the captain who contradicted her (about being lost at sea) with a gag order was also pretty hideous -- drives me nuts when rich people use money to bully those who don't have any financial resources to fight back.

eta:

she is also half Bethany and Bethany thinks a lot of herself. 

She does -- I wonder what the impact is on Frankel of Bryn looking exactly like Hoppy?  (That's got to be weird, no?   For anyone, not just her -- your kid is the spitting image of someone you desperately hate.) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

Jeuss -- why would you ever announce to the world that you "settled" for the father of your child?

Because that's what she did? Not that big of a deal, imo.

Not necessarily. There is no reason for her to have that same feeling about Brynn in any way.

I'm sure Ramona, for example, has many opinions about Mario which she certainly wouldn't ascribe to Avery. Heck, many people who have bad divorces have opinions that about their exes. That doesn't mean they feel that same way about their kids.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Yup, well aware that the child is named after Jason's brother who died tragically and left the entire Hoppy family bereft.  My opinion? Let children have their own names. Particularly when insisting on naming the baby after the dead relative to where you give a female child a rather odd and unattractive name that will always lead to the question of "Why are you named that?"

But really, it's not a pretty name and doesn't go well with either Hoppy or Frankel, it has a painful association to the family, and at best it sounds like a kid who was named by hipsters. In my opinion, if it sounds like something you'd name a pet dog or cat, don't name your child that.

Among Jews of European descent, it's a deeply rooted practice to name a child after a deceased relative.  The idea is that the soul of the departed loved one, or his or her good works, will live on in the child given that person's name.  Bryn doesn't have the exact same name as Jason's brother but a name that's suggestive of it.  Often the name that's chosen just has the same first letter as the namesake's name.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bethenny chose the name based on this practice, since her father was Jewish.  It's meant to be a joyous reminder, not a painful one.  I'm the product of a mixed marriage, and I was named after my Jewish grandfather (but an Irish name, so it brings in both families).  If anyone ever asks me why I'm named what I am, I'd be happy to say why.  It's good to be connected to your heritage.

And I think Bryn is a very pretty name.

• Love 10

Yeah, I am aware of the lovely Jewish custom, and I have to be honest, I don't think the Hoppy clan is Jewish and I am pretty certain they had significant input in how the kid was named. 

I think it's lovely that you like the name Bryn. Personally I don't care for it in the slightest but that certainly doesn't mean others can't like it. I will even concede it's not the worst reality show kid name I've heard - thats a tie between the poor lil Duggar spawn named Spurgeon and the Little People Big World baby named Ember... cause they love campfires so.... (sigh)

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, I am aware of the lovely Jewish custom, and I have to be honest, I don't think the Hoppy clan is Jewish and I am pretty certain they had significant input in how the kid was named. 

I think it's lovely that you like the name Bryn. Personally I don't care for it in the slightest but that certainly doesn't mean others can't like it. I will even concede it's not the worst reality show kid name I've heard - thats a tie between the poor lil Duggar spawn named Spurgeon and the Little People Big World baby named Ember... cause they love campfires so.... (sigh)

I can recall the name Bryn being around for some time... a couple of decades or more maybe?  It's not original to the skinny girl.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, film noire said:

Frankel brought a credibly accused rapist on multiple outings  with Bryn -- that is top five housewife awful, imo (if nothing else, keep your kid out of your fucked-up sex life -- male or female parent). And (lesser, but still ugly) slapping the captain who contradicted her (about being lost at sea) with a gag order was also pretty hideous -- drives me nuts when rich people use money to bully those who don't have any financial resources to fight back.

eta:

She does -- I wonder what the impact is on Frankel of Bryn looking exactly like Hoppy?  (That's got to be weird, no?   For anyone, not just her -- your kid is the spitting image of someone you desperately hate.

My mom desperately hates my dad and I look just like him,  my dad hates my mom and I sound just like her. It was interesting as a child. 

• Love 4

Bryn is an old Welsh name.  My best friend in high school went to Bryn Mawr College.  There's nothing new about it, as @SuprSuprElevated says.  I never suggested the Hoppys are Jewish--unless they go to church as some kind of strange Sunday pastime.  I'm pretty sure that no name Bethenny didn't like, regardless of how much the Hoppys might've wanted it, would've passed muster.  And since it starts with a B, it pays tribute not only to her father but to Bethenny herself (and her mother, but I doubt that was a factor).  I have no idea how the Duggars figure into this discussion, except as givers of stupid names, which I don't think Bryn is.  I think what it is is a rare glimpse into Bethenny's tender side, which makes it even nicer.  And I say this as someone who was once a fan of hers, but definitely not anymore.  Even a stopped clock and all that.  And I do think that the Jewish tradition of keeping loved ones alive in the names of their descendants is a lovely one, even if that was said sarcastically.

• Love 6

She does -- I wonder what the impact is on Frankel of Bryn looking exactly like Hoppy?  (That's got to be weird, no?   For anyone, not just her -- your kid is the spitting image of someone you desperately hate.) 

It depends, I suppose. Ramona doesn't seem to hold it against Avery.

• Love 4

And I say this as someone who was once a fan of hers, but definitely not anymore.  

Me, too.  I wonder how many others in this forum are former fans? I know a few are (from what they've posted) but not everyone (as in, some people saw through her and disliked her from jump -- smarter than me ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6