Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/bethenny-frankel-ex-jason-hoppy-plea-bargain-stalking/

I don't consider radar online a super accurate source but this is what they are reporting.

TMZ reported it a bit earlier,  http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/21/bethenny-frankel-jason-hoppy-plea-bargain-stalking-harassment-acd/  , so it is possibly true. Question, if Bethenny really is that afraid of him, why was such an easy/short plea deal given to him? Something doesn't add up here IMO. 

• Love 3

Well, I could point out the societal issues on how women reporting men in domestic violence and stalking situations are routinely dismissed and blamed for the behavior of the men they are reporting.... Jason wouldn't be the first guy to get a nice plea deal because he cleans up well and has no prior record, and the woman involved is deemed "hysterical" or "lying".

Unfortunately, guys tend to get a lot of second chances until they end up doing something that can't be hand waved away, like beating the shit out of their victim or murdering them. This is sadly not unique to Bethenny, there's a lot of women who are really that afraid of their ex's who have to deal with their abusers being given chance after chance to stop their behavior. 

I'd counter the why did he get such a sweet plea deal with "Why if he was as innocent as a baby, weren't the charges summarily dismissed with Jason walking out completely vindicated?"

*Mind you, I still haven't found any mention of this on a non rumor mill gossip site so who knows?

• Love 7

Yeah, if there's even a shot that the guy (especially a father) can rehabilitate his behavior, it is generally the way to go. I've seen it play out well (it's enough to scare sense into the guy and he realizes holy shit what am I doing) and also play out not so well. I'm not surprised by this plea deal at all. Hope it works out the right way for everyone's sake. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Well, I could point out the societal issues on how women reporting men in domestic violence and stalking situations are routinely dismissed and blamed for the behavior of the men they are reporting.... Jason wouldn't be the first guy to get a nice plea deal because he cleans up well and has no prior record, and the woman involved is deemed "hysterical" or "lying".

Unfortunately, guys tend to get a lot of second chances until they end up doing something that can't be hand waved away, like beating the shit out of their victim or murdering them. This is sadly not unique to Bethenny, there's a lot of women who are really that afraid of their ex's who have to deal with their abusers being given chance after chance to stop their behavior. 

I'd counter the why did he get such a sweet plea deal with "Why if he was as innocent as a baby, weren't the charges summarily dismissed with Jason walking out completely vindicated?"

*Mind you, I still haven't found any mention of this on a non rumor mill gossip site so who knows?

I disagree. With Bethenny in the spotlight, not just in NY but nationally, I don't see the NY DA cutting Jason this sweet a plea deal unless there was a strong chance Jason would beat the charges in a jury trial. I stand by my initial statement, something doesn't add up with this plea deal. 

• Love 3

You're certainly free to think that but whatever "strong chance" Jason may have had to beat the charges is null and void if he takes a plea deal. 

If "something doesn't add up" about the plea deal, then Jason is perfectly free to not take the deal. Sure, Bethenny is currently in the spotlight for doing some actual good - but at the end of the day, if it's true Jason took a plea deal (still haven't seen this confirmed in legitamite sources) then he did so because he wasn't willing to take the chance at trial.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

You're certainly free to think that but whatever "strong chance" Jason may have had to beat the charges is null and void if he takes a plea deal. 

Technically an ACD isn't even considered a plea deal because the defendent makes no plea, its even less than pleading "no contest". The judge adjurns the case, the person does nothing and never has to go court again and then when that time passes (it can be less than six months) all charges are dismissed and his arrest is nullified. It's not even probation.

I beliece its only allowed in misdemeanor cases which would mean if this is true it's likely the felony charges would be outright dismissed.

• Love 5

Yeah, basically he's got to prove he can manage to not harass her for a few months and then it all can start again *if he hasn't learned a lesson*. Like Otherkate said, the courts do this as a wake up call. Hopefully he's learned what not to do as this point because again, sadly, this often works against the woman in question. 

If Bethenny says she is still afraid of Jason, much like how we're all allowed our opinions, so is Bethenny. There's nothing unusual or odd about a woman being frightened about what happens when the person who was harassing them is no longer in fear of repercussions.  If this plea deal is real, Jason now has the opportunity to show that he's not a harasser. 

• Love 4

If Bethenny says she is still afraid of Jason, much like how we're all allowed our opinions, so is Bethenny. There's nothing unusual or odd about a woman being frightened about what happens when the person who was harassing them is no longer in fear of repercussions.  If this plea deal is real, Jason now has the opportunity to show that he's not a harasser. 

Right and remember this is not Bethenny suing Jason.  So her option is to wait and see.  If he starts acting like a normal human being then it's all over.  He reverts to his regular behavior at the end of 6 months and Bethenny will be back in court asking for a permanent restraining order.  It's all on Jason now.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I disagree. With Bethenny in the spotlight, not just in NY but nationally, I don't see the NY DA cutting Jason this sweet a plea deal unless there was a strong chance Jason would beat the charges in a jury trial. I stand by my initial statement, something doesn't add up with this plea deal. 

I agree. No admission of guilt, no punishment, no record, no nothing  -- it's not even a plea deal, under the law -- you don't let a threat walk away with an air kiss like that. Not in New York City (where the stalking laws were radically changed back in '99 to stop things like this from happening) and not with a celeb everywhere in the news/on talk shows/about to appear on a high profile show like "Shark Tank". 

Each side of this is wrong, whatever the situation -- if he really stalked her and they let a dangerous man waltz away, especially with proof of danger via all the  emails/texts, that's beyond wrong.  And if he didn't stalk her and they wasted resources better spent on real stalkers -  just to pursue a bullshit charge levied by a green ADA  -- that's equally immoral.  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, film noire said:

I agree. No admission of guilt, no punishment, no record, no nothing  -- it's not even a plea deal, under the law -- you don't let a threat walk away with an air kiss like that. Not in New York City (where the stalking laws were radically changed back in '99 to stop things like this from happening) and not with a celeb everywhere in the news/on talk shows/about to appear on a high profile show like "Shark Tank". 

Each side of this is wrong, whatever the situation -- if he really stalked her and they let a dangerous man waltz away, especially with proof of danger via all the  emails/texts, that's beyond wrong.  And if he didn't stalk her and they wasted resources better spent on real stalkers -  just to pursue a bullshit charge levied by a green ADA  -- that's equally immoral.  

I agree. Lets hope both sides in this have learned to behave, that Jason will stop bombarding Bethenny with emails and Bethenny will stop talking about Jason on TV/SM. Lets hope they learned to love Bryn more and hate their ex less.

• Love 6

It sounds like Jason may be taking a Tinsley-esque deal, which would make sense.  He hasn't been physically violent, and I believe that B really just wants him to leave her alone.  It seems that she has no issue with the fact that he's Brynn's father and in Brynn's life, she just wanted the emails/texts/calls to stop.  So, if this works as a wake up call to make it all stop, then everyone can move on and go forward with their lives.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Trials are rarer than people think. About 90 - 95% of criminal cases are plea bargained. Why would Jason be any different?  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lemons said:

About 90 - 95% of criminal cases are plea bargained. Why would Jason be any different?  

Because it's an ACD (no charges laid, no admission of guilt, no punishment, no record/arrest nullified, the right to sue for false arrest/imprisonment retained) and six months from now, when the case is dismissed, that dismissal, legally, is the same as a not guilty verdict. 

That offer presents a contradiction -- if they had a case, it would be because he had done things that proved he was dangerous; but if they let him go with an air kiss, he can't have been truly dangerous to begin with. He's not pleading guilty and taking a deal; he's not even pleading no contest; he's walking away free and clear of any serious repercussions,  after being (multiply) charged, two of which charges involved causing someone to fear for their physical safety.

So to Wirewrap's point -- the ADA is (at the very least) presumably competent enough to not just let a dangerous stalker loose with a fare thee well and a curtsey, which means this sweetheart offer is a considered decision - likely b/c they had a weak case, and thought Hoppy had a very good chance of winning at trial.  If they had a great case, they wouldn't need to kiss his ass like this, just to get him to not go to trial.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

It's quite common in my state for first offenders to be allowed Deferred Prosecution, under certain circumstances. Often they require, no contact, counseling, reformation, etc.  I can see Jason not wanting a full fledged trial, because you never know what could happen.  A safe thing is always better, imo.  I am curious as to what really transpired.  If Jason was over the top and doing illegal stuff, I hope he learned his lesson.  If not and Bethenny is creating drama for drama sake......well, I doubt it will be the end of it.  I hope Jason gets counsel from his attorneys on how to avoid being set up.  The comment about never letting it go....sounds more like Bethenny than Jason.  I can't see her ever allowing Bryn to have peace with her dad.  It just bothers her to no end, imo.  I can't see her ever coming to terms with it.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, film noire said:

Because it's an ACD (no charges laid, no admission of guilt, no punishment, no record/arrest nullified, the right to sue for false arrest/imprisonment retained) and six months from now, when the case is dismissed, that dismissal, legally, is the same as a not guilty verdict. 

That offer presents a contradiction -- if they had a case, it would be because he had done things that proved he was dangerous; but if they let him go with an air kiss, he can't have been truly dangerous to begin with. He's not pleading guilty and taking a deal; he's not even pleading no contest; he's walking away free and clear of any serious repercussions,  after being (multiply) charged, two of which charges involved causing someone to fear for their physical safety.

So to Wirewrap's point -- the ADA is (at the very least) presumably competent enough to not just let a dangerous stalker loose with a fare thee well and a curtsey, which means this sweetheart offer is a considered decision - likely b/c they had a weak case, and thought Hoppy had a very good chance of winning at trial.  If they had a great case, they wouldn't need to kiss his ass like this, just to get him to not go to trial.

It's NYC so I wouldn't necessarily use logic and reasoning with their decisions. And also we just don't know enough about any of this to really know what's happening.  We won't ever know enough to know how they eventually come up with a decision. 

10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's quite common in my state for first offenders to be allowed Deferred Prosecution, under certain circumstances. Often they require, no contact, counseling, reformation, etc.  I can see Jason not wanting a full fledged trial, because you never know what could happen.  A safe thing is always better, imo.  I am curious as to what really transpired.  If Jason was over the top and doing illegal stuff, I hope he learned his lesson.  If not and Bethenny is creating drama for drama sake......well, I doubt it will be the end of it.  I hope Jason gets counsel from his attorneys on how to avoid being set up.  The comment about never letting it go....sounds more like Bethenny than Jason.  I can't see her ever allowing Bryn to have peace with her dad.  It just bothers her to no end, imo.  I can't see her ever coming to terms with it.  

Lest we forget, Ray Rice was offered deferred prosecution too. Jason's transgressions were nowhere near the level of violence of Ray Rice's, but it's not uncommon for states to intervene in that way. The state wants to stop the behavior if they can. Punish the behavior if they need to, but all of this needs to be done in a cost effective manner. Taking a case to trial costs a ton of money for both sides. True Ray Rice's celebrity had an impact on his case, but I bet you there are a bunch of regular people in deferred prosecution who have done things that are similar in nature to what Jason was alleged to have done.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Lest we forget, Ray Rice was offered deferred prosecution too. Jason's transgressions were nowhere near the level of violence of Ray Rice's, but it's not uncommon for states to intervene in that way. 

Rice's offer required a year's attendance in an intervention program (which, iirc, included random drug testing, community service,  and anger management). None of those conditions are part of what the ADA is offering Hoppy.

Also, Rice's deal (he should have gone to jail) was extremely unusual for NJ  -- less than 1 percent of all domestic violence/ aggravated assault cases in Jersey end up in the intervention program that piece of shit attended:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/ray-rices-assault-charges-were-dropped-how-unusual-is-that

I thought Hoppy was crazy stonewalling them when they upped the charges,  but looks like he made the right call - there will be nothing that can be used against him to revisit custody.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

The problem that Bethenny encounters is that with fighting custody, she will likely end up, once again, with a Child Custody Evaluation that is conducted by an expert.  They interview the parties, family members, witnesses, the child, review records, etc. They actually evaluate the parents, to determine mental state, personality traits, strengths, weaknesses, suitability, availability, etc.  This is RISKY for Bethenny.  Having her psychiatric records reviewed, behind the scenes interviews, input from friends, etc.  I suspect she knows it would NOT be good. Regardless, of what they may say about Jason.....she'd be vulnerable too, imo.  To me, that's the only hold up to fighting for sole custody.  I also suspect that she has considered a way around that.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, film noire said:

Rice's offer required a year's attendance in an intervention program (which, iirc, included random drug testing, community service,  and anger management). None of those conditions are part of what the ADA is offering Hoppy.

Also, Rice's deal (he should have gone to jail) was extremely unusual for NJ  -- less than 1 percent of all domestic violence/ aggravated assault cases in Jersey end up in the intervention program that piece of shit attended:

Also, the biggest difference in the Ray Rice case is they had an uncooperative victim who never wanted him charged at all, married him the day after he was indicted and refused to testify. 

It's official, the details are what we were reported by TMZ and Radar.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The problem that Bethenny encounters is that with fighting custody, she will likely end up, once again, with a Child Custody Evaluation that is conducted by an expert.  They interview the parties, family members, witnesses, the child, review records, etc. They actually evaluate the parents, to determine mental state, personality traits, strengths, weaknesses, suitability, availability, etc.  This is RISKY for Bethenny.  Having her psychiatric records reviewed, behind the scenes interviews, input from friends, etc.  I suspect she knows it would NOT be good. Regardless, of what they may say about Jason.....she'd be vulnerable too, imo.  To me, that's the only hold up to fighting for sole custody.  I also suspect that she has considered a way around that.  

I don't specifically know NY law, but where I practiced the law discouraged multiple change of custody petitions, to the point that a petition for change couldn't be made in the first 2 years after a custody order unless there was serious harm claimed to the child.  I doubt this argument between the parents would be enough.  And so many states (including NY I believe) now use joint custody as the standard that sole custody is likely difficult to get at all (if the other parent fights it).

the saddest thing is that, by not being able to be civil to each other, they are hurting their daughter.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I don't specifically know NY law, but where I practiced the law discouraged multiple change of custody petitions, to the point that a petition for change couldn't be made in the first 2 years after a custody order unless there was serious harm claimed to the child.  I doubt this argument between the parents would be enough.  And so many states (including NY I believe) now use joint custody as the standard that sole custody is likely difficult to get at all (if the other parent fights it).

the saddest thing is that, by not being able to be civil to each other, they are hurting their daughter.

Their child custody agreement/court order was in effect for about 3 years when she had Jason arrested (it was settled before she returned to the show), so it is possible that Bethenny thought that if Jason was found guilty or plead guilty to these charges it would/could help her in another custody battle. At this point, I hope both of them leave the other in the past and concentrate on Bryn only.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It's official, the details are what we were reported by TMZ and Radar.

What a load of judicial bullshit this was. Months of the gossip press framing the story as "Hoppy MUST be guilty" (just b/c he was charged) and even more hype after the ADA piled on more serious charges ("He must REALLY be guilty now!")  and in the end, an impending dismissal with no admission of guilt, no punishment, no record, no anger management, no community service. And the dismissal will come in six months, not the usual 12. 

We'll never know (b/c I doubt Hoppy will break his silence now) but I wonder what evidence Hoppy's lawyer offered to force the ADA to back down? 

6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The problem that Bethenny encounters is that with fighting custody, she will likely end up, once again, with a Child Custody Evaluation that is conducted by an expert.  

But if Hoppy had taken any deal involving an admission of guilt, I'm sure he feared that Frankel would use that to revisit custody, and also feared any admission would have impact on the evaluation of his fitness for joint custody.  That's no longer a possibility.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, film noire said:

What a load of judicial bullshit this was. Months of the gossip press framing the story as "Hoppy MUST be guilty" (just b/c he was charged) and even more hype after the ADA piled on more serious charges ("He must REALLY be guilty now!")  and in the end, an impending dismissal with no admission of guilt, no punishment, no record, no anger management, no community service. And the dismissal will come in six months, not the usual 12. 

We'll never know (b/c I doubt Hoppy will break his silence now) but I wonder what evidence Hoppy's lawyer offered to force the ADA to back down? 

But if Hoppy had taken any deal involving an admission of guilt, I'm sure he feared that Frankel would use that to revisit custody, and also feared any admission would have impact on the evaluation of his fitness for joint custody.  That's no longer a possibility.

This is from the page 6 report, https://pagesix.com/2017/10/23/bethenny-frankels-ex-takes-deal-in-stalking-case/  , "Assistant District Attorney Travis Wolf said the DA’s office was extending the offer because Hoppy has no criminal record and a significant portion of the communications related to the couple’s daughter." I bolded what I think is important to this question even though Bethenny is quoted saying that she is still scared of Jason. I read this as most of the emails were Bryn related.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

This is from the page 6 report, https://pagesix.com/2017/10/23/bethenny-frankels-ex-takes-deal-in-stalking-case/  , "Assistant District Attorney Travis Wolf said the DA’s office was extending the offer because Hoppy has no criminal record and a significant portion of the communications related to the couple’s daughter." I bolded what I think is important to this question even though Bethenny is quoted saying that she is still scared of Jason. I read this as most of the emails were Bryn related.

Thanks, Wirewrap -- interesting comment, since the ADA had seen all of the emails (and thus how many were about Bryn) when they hit Hoppy with harsher charges this summer.  I think something more must have been shown to them. (Not necessarily anything negative or angry on Frankel's part, but maybe her return emails answering his made it clear it was talking vs. stalking.)

And Page Six is so frustrating:

"Hoppy was arrested last January after he showed up at their 6-year-old daughter’s school and allegedly yelled at Frankel: “I will destroy you. You can get all the lawyers you want, you’ve been warned.” A few weeks earlier, he allegedly threatened his ex and her then-beau. “There’s nothing you can do to stop me,” he barked, according to court papers. “You’ll be sorry. You’ve been warned. I can’t help it. She’s pure evil. You’ve been warned. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

That all happened at the school, not in two separate events.  And Frankel  (per the court docs ABC saw) never claimed Hoppy said he would "destroy her".

We should be writing Page Six, not them ;)

Edited by film noire
typos
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

Thanks, Wirewrap -- interesting comment, since the ADA had seen all of the emails (and thus how many were about Bryn) when they hit Hoppy with harsher charges this summer.  I think something more must have been shown to them. 

And Page Six is so frustrating:

"Hoppy was arrested last January after he showed up at their 6-year-old daughter’s school and allegedly yelled at Frankel: “I will destroy you. You can get all the lawyers you want, you’ve been warned.” A few weeks earlier, he allegedly threatened his ex and her then-beau. “There’s nothing you can do to stop me,” he barked, according to court papers. “You’ll be sorry. You’ve been warned. I can’t help it. She’s pure evil. You’ve been warned. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

That all happened at the school, not in two separate events.  And Frankel  (per the court docs ABC saw) never claimed Hoppy said he would "destroy her".

We should be writing Page Six, not them ;)

All of the reports, page 6, ROL, TMZ, ect. , have had incorrect info in them at times since this all began.

I suspect that Jason/his lawyers provided Bethenny's emails to Jason, all of them, to the DAs office and that made the difference. 

• Love 5

Where has (who has) Brynn been with all this time that Bethenny has been in Puerto Rico? She's in school so I highly doubt that Bethenny would take her out of class to go to a ravaged country. Also for when she tapes Shark Tank. I suspect the latter is just a few days per month and the nanny just keeps her at home or she visits her father at that time. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

All of the reports, page 6, ROL, TMZ, ect. , have had incorrect info in them at times since this all began.

I suspect that Jason/his lawyers provided Bethenny's emails to Jason, all of them, to the DAs office and that made the difference. 

I eta'ed that right before you replied to me - great minds think alike :)

4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Where has (who has) Brynn been with all this time that Bethenny has been in Puerto Rico? She's in school so I highly doubt that Bethenny would take her out of class to go to a ravaged country. Also for when she tapes Shark Tank. I suspect the latter is just a few days per month and the nanny just keeps her at home or she visits her father at that time. 

I'm guessing Frankel probably schedules everything around when Bryn is with Jason?

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Jason never lost custody and they have equally custody so she most likely schedules the trips when she doesn't have Brynn. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thx @film noire and @biakbiak  I wasn't being snarky. It was just a legitimate question. 

Oh my god, I knew you weren't  -- sorry if anything in my reply sounded "off" (and I have no info, I'm genuinely guessing -- she might well be using the nanny, or even one of her long time assistants (?) or just keeping it to when Jason has Bryn).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, film noire said:

Oh my god, I knew you weren't  -- sorry if anything in my reply sounded "off" (and I have no info, I'm genuinely guessing -- she might well be using the nanny, or even one of her long time assistants (?) or just keeping it to when Jason has Bryn).

Doesn't Bethenny claim she doesn't have a "nanny" for Bryn? I suspect whoever she uses is an "assistant" that has child care training but also works for Bethenny/SKG when Bryn is with Jason, this way she can claim she doesn't have a nanny for her. LOL

• Love 5

I was just concerned about her child. Nobody sounded off but I didn't want y'all to think I was being nasty about it because even tho my first thought is for her daughter, I'm amazed at all the good that Bethenny is doing for those in need. No lip service from her. She's out in the trenches (so to speak) and organizing away to get some real help out there to those in need. I dare say that she's doing as much as our government is. She has become a one man army. 

Some people donate money to organizations. They have administrators etc on their payroll. The money that does gets dispersed can be cents on the dollar. Bethenny isn't taking a piece of the pie. If she takes money for water, it all goes to water or the transportation (what she can't get from people's donations of aircrafts) to get the water to those in need. She also got a lot of pharmaceutical companies to donate antibiotics and insulin. I'm impressed. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I dare say that she's doing as much as our government is.

I'll go one further ; ) At this point, I think Frankel (and other private donors, like celeb chef Ingrid Hoffman) are doing more (and more effectively) -- between doing on-the-ground work herself/helping others do on-the-ground work/getting goods actually dispersed/airlifting the sick out/etc. 

• Love 5
(edited)

You know the main thing I got from this dragged-out mess of shit?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5009563/Bethenny-Frankel-s-ex-cops-deal.html

What the ADA said-

'It is clear from the trajectory of this case that her claims were not substantiated or credited and that their motive was questioned,' the attorney said. 

I worked in the Manhattan DA office, a little over 15 years ago, as an ADA myself & I know for a fact that it's a very well-run & extremely organized place -- with a hard-working & top-notch staff. 

So Bethenny, don't try & say that Jason got off easy.  Eh, It's exactly what I thought all along.  She used the system (with her SkinnyGirl dough) to get rid of an annoyance & make Jason look worse & it didn't work for her.  She is such a disgusting character.  Look, Jason ain't no bargain either.  But she is absolutely a disgusting character.  That's just who she is thru & thru.  Shrugging, & rolling eyes hard -- whatever . . . 

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

No the divorce settlement wasn't made public.

Got it.  I find it telling that a zillionaire with an army of the best attorneys money can buy wasn't able to defeat someone like Jason in the stalking case.  It speaks volumes.  

• Love 8
Just now, Jextella said:

Got it.  I find it telling that a zillionaire with an army of the best attorneys money can buy wasn't able to defeat someone like Jason in the stalking case.  It speaks volumes.  

It's up to the state not her attorneys, it was a criminal not a civil case.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

If they misquoted an ADA, or anything in the DM piece is incorrect, please let us know.  Hard to believe what the ADA said about Bethenny?  Not for me.

I think the Daily Mail misattributed a quote from Spiro (Hoppy's lawyer) to the ADA, Scoobie -- both the Daily News and Us credit Spiro with it:

"Hoppy's lawyer, Alex Spiro, said Monday that Frankel’s reports were scrutinized. “It is clear from the trajectory of this case that her claims were not substantiated and credited and her motive was questioned,” he said. “Mr. Hoppy is looking forward to moving on with his life.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/bethenny-frankel-ex-husband-takes-plea-deal-stalking-case-article-1.3582923

“We are pleased but not all surprised that the charges were dismissed,” the pharmaceutical executive’s attorney Alex Spiro told reporters after Monday’s hearing. “It is clear from the trajectory of this case that her claims were not substantiated or credited given that their motive was questioned. Mr. Hoppy looks forward to moving on with his life and his daughter.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bethenny-frankels-ex-jason-hoppy-issued-6-month-stay-away-order/

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Look at the result.  The DA's office would not have allowed this result if there was anything to this.  Just a bunch of crap & bullshit from Bethenny.  

I agree - they had no case.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Eh, whatever, it doesn't matter.  Whoever said it was right.  Look at the result.  The DA's office would not have allowed this result if there was anything to this.  Just a bunch of crap & bullshit from Bethenny.  

A-frickin’-men! She is vile. My theory is that the reason Hoppy was upset and sent so many emails was because she was being difficult about the necessary normal parent to parent communication that has to happen.  Dr appts, piano recitals, CCD, whatever. The context of his tirade was (rightly so) that he will NEVER ever sit idly by and let Brynn not have a dad , and for Brynn to grow up without a dad like allegedly Bethennys Mom did to to her dad. Bethennys MO of hyperbole sent it into the stratosphere. All BS. 

I hope part of the deal was that they have a structured neutral third party mediator to handle these issues with in the future. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

All BS. 

It certainly smells like complete bullshit.  We went from "DEAR GOD RUN FOR YOUR LIVES HE'S ONE STEP AWAY FROM THE HILLSIDE STRANGLER!" to mwah! mwah! air kisses and a group hug -- the only thing missing was the ADA giving Jason a mani pedi and a goody bag before he left court.

And in a post-fact era, far too many people will insist he did it/got away with/the DA cut him unfair slack, even though it's pretty clear there was no case. His reputation, among some,  will always be "the stalker ex". That's her kid's father; that's a burden Bryn will have to carry down the road (if she's not already snooped/looked around online).

Hooray for Frankel doing so much for Puerto Rico, but it very much looks like her altar ego, Frankelstein,  used the court system to play out a narc-driven psycho drama against an ex who - however unpleasant he may be  -- did nothing to make her "fear for her physical safety". 

Pay attention, Dennis - the past is prologue, buddy.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13

Well, if she tries pulling this bullshit again, she better have more to go with than getting 2 or 3 emails a day.  Cuz now her name is mud in the DA's office & her credibilty is shot.  But I guess she's got something to whine & cry about for the whole next season, right?

• Love 6
15 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Eh, whatever, it doesn't matter.  Whoever said it was right.  Look at the result.  The DA's office would not have allowed this result if there was anything to this.  Just a bunch of crap & bullshit from Bethenny.  

It doesn’t matter if the comment came from the ADA or Jason’s Attorney? I would think that it does. 

• Love 6

It doesn't.  The result speaks volumes.  Jason walks free.  May be hard for some to comprehend, but Bethenny is full of crap 

Jason walks free in 6 months.  Tainted but free.  Thousands out of his bank account.  Everyone in town knowing the ugly things he sprewed  at his ex wife.  All out there on google so that someday Brynn can see how a man treats a woman and find that for herself.     He may walk but it isn’t free.  And that speaks volumes.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 6