Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

As I said, they both need to stop it. Also, Bethenny has been destroying Jason's reputation since they separated and as I pointed out, his job could be in danger because of her nasty comments. He has kept his opinions/side of this out of the public eye, she hasn't by a long shot.

Bethenny stated herself that she was not supposed to talk about Jason and has done so a couple of times on WWHL both before and after the divorce was finalized. As for what he wants, other than for Bethenny to stop talking about him, we know nothing, nothing at all because he has said nothing to the press, nor have his lawyers/families/friends. The only one that can't keep their mouth shut is Bethenny and her good friend Carole. 

I could have this all wrong, but I thought that Bethenny wasn't supposed to discuss the divorce/custody/misc. arrangements as they pertained to Bryn. That she couldn't talk about the legalities of the case in summary. I thought that was one of the reasons she was uncomfortable with Heather asking questions about visitation, etc. And why folks thought that Carole was trying to get it out there when she talked more specifically about it at the reunion. I never understood that she couldn't talk about making a terrible marriage, being unhappy, being sick of it all, not loving him any longer, etc. If that is all the case, again, why wouldn't her go back to court? If I remember correctly, he threatened legal action (through his Attorney) after the WWHL deal, but nothing ever happened. I assumed because there wasn't actually a reason to follow through. Seems smarter than just inundating her with email. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

I could have this all wrong, but I thought that Bethenny wasn't supposed to discuss the divorce/custody/misc. arrangements as they pertained to Bryn. That she couldn't talk about the legalities of the case in summary. I thought that was one of the reasons she was uncomfortable with Heather asking questions about visitation, etc. And why folks thought that Carole was trying to get it out there when she talked more specifically about it at the reunion. I never understood that she couldn't talk about making a terrible marriage, being unhappy, being sick of it all, not loving him any longer, etc. If that is all the case, again, why wouldn't her go back to court? If I remember correctly, he threatened legal action (through his Attorney) after the WWHL deal, but nothing ever happened. I assumed because there wasn't actually a reason to follow through. Seems smarter than just inundating her with email. 

She wasn't supposed to talk about Jason either, at all, yet she did time and time again. Bethenny clearly stated on WWHL, that she was not supposed to talk about Jason, she refused to answer any questions from Andy concerning him but then did talk about him in other interviews and on the show. Bethenny has that mind set that she can say what she wants, the rules don't apply to her but no one is allowed to talk about her or they are picking on her. Seriously, how hard would it have been to not talk about him or have your friend (Carole) talk about him on the show or in interviews? She needs to stop talking about him pubically, having Carole do it for her just as much as Jason needs to stop emailing every day. Bethenny is no innocent nor she is the victim here, the victim in all of this is Bryn, not Bethenny or Jason. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She wasn't supposed to talk about Jason either, at all, yet she did time and time again. Bethenny clearly stated on WWHL, that she was not supposed to talk about Jason, she refused to answer any questions from Andy concerning him but then did talk about him in other interviews and on the show. Bethenny has that mind set that she can say what she wants, the rules don't apply to her but no one is allowed to talk about her or they are picking on her. Seriously, how hard would it have been to not talk about him or have your friend (Carole) talk about him on the show or in interviews? She needs to stop talking about him pubically, having Carole do it for her just as much as Jason needs to stop emailing every day. Bethenny is no innocent nor she is the victim here, the victim in all of this is Bryn, not Bethenny or Jason. 

I don't think I saw her on WWHL, just read about it. Mainly that Jason was exploring his legal options after the things that she said. Why would he have any legal options to explore if she refused to say anything or answer any questions? Maybe he was just trying to scare her? Sounds about right from the things I have heard about him. 

This is what his Attorney said at the time:

"Hoppy’s attorney Bernard Clair said in a statement to Us Weekly that “he and his client were more than a bit surprised and troubled over the personal and private details articulated by Ms. Frankel about the marriage and its demise, and that they were exploring their legal options."

Edited by gundysgirl
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

I don't think I saw her on WWHL, just read about it. Mainly that Jason was exploring his legal options after the things that she said. Why would he have any legal options to explore if she refused to say anything or answer any questions? Maybe he was just trying to scare her? Sounds about right from the things I have heard about him. 

This is what his Attorney said at the time:

"Hoppy’s attorney Bernard Clair said in a statement to Us Weekly that “he and his client were more than a bit surprised and troubled over the personal and private details articulated by Ms. Frankel about the marriage and its demise, and that they were exploring their legal options."

All I can go by is what Bethenny herself told Andy, that she was not allowed to talk about Jason, the divorce or their custody agreement for Bryn and Bethenny has talked about all of that on the show, her old radio show and in interviews. Yes, Jason just should have taken her back to court and then had the courts force her to pay all those legal bills for him but he didn't. She could not keep her mouth closed...so we end up with Jason sending her emails and her filing charges against him. Both need to sit down, stfu and play nice for their daughters sake. They each need to love Bryn more than they hate each other and so far, that isn't the case.

• Love 5

My guess is that the legal advice Bethenny is getting is to not talk about custody or anything specifically legal.

It is interesting that there is not more published about whatever gag order there is on either Bethenny or Jason. Does anyone know any specifics? I have read that he tried to get one and was going to court about it in 2013, but there were never any follow-up articles about whether or not he got it. Which seems strange to me. So much publicity that he wanted it, but nothing to say he got it or not. But then I could have just missed it. I can imagine either or both being prohibited from talking about the legalities, but cannot imagine anything imposing either from just talking about the other. Anyone know more about gag orders? All I have ever heard is that they are very hard to get in civil cases, and that in many cases they can be a violation of a persons right to free speech. Could one stop her from saying she was miserable in her marriage, that she was sick of the process, that she wanted it to be over? I thought the purpose of a gag order was to stop the possibility of tainting a jury in the legal process. I remember reading that Bill O'Reilly tried to get one during his divorce because his ex was interviewing that he was a neglectful and abusive person during their custody trial and it was denied. 

• Love 3

"All I can go by is what Bethenny herself told Andy, that she was not allowed to talk about Jason," Whatever happened to "Bethenny always lies?" :) More seriously, if she really was told by the courts that she was not to speak of Jason publically, then Jason needs to address that legally. Since Jason is litigious, and has not pursued Bethenny for her many many public comments about her feelings about him etc etc... I have to assume Bethenny is not under any legal order to never speak of Jason Hoppy.

• Love 8

Translation: "We're going to do everything we can to try and shake as many coins as we can off the Bethenny Money Tree!"

• Love 8
21 hours ago, ryebread said:

I agree.  Same with reasonable people seeing what a maniac Bethenny is.  I can't imagine her outbursts are an 'omg, I lost it' moment either.  I've only read about Jason's anger but I've seen Beth's.  If what y'all say about him is true, these two had no business being together, much less breeding.  I hope it's not genetic because if it is, then Bryn got a double whammy of whack.

If I had to deal with Hoppy,  I'd lose my shit too. No one is saying Frankie is a saint or isn't hard to deal with,  or doesn't have a lot of issues or a lot of other things. The point is that Hoppy comes across as dangerous. Unstable. Menacing. Frankie I can see being a bitch,  Hoppy I can see physically hurting her. 

27 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

"All I can go by is what Bethenny herself told Andy, that she was not allowed to talk about Jason," Whatever happened to "Bethenny always lies?" :) More seriously, if she really was told by the courts that she was not to speak of Jason publically, then Jason needs to address that legally. Since Jason is litigious, and has not pursued Bethenny for her many many public comments about her feelings about him etc etc... I have to assume Bethenny is not under any legal order to never speak of Jason Hoppy.

I suspect mentioning his name or saying no comment isn't at issue,  but detailing stuff about the case is. Logic dictates that. 

• Love 10

Right but I suppose my point is that if Bethenny was violating a court order... There's absolutely no reason for Jason to let it go. Since he is litigious and angry, I have to assume her public comments are not her constantly violating a court order.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Why leave out where I said he just should have taken her to court? Bethenny exaggerates to the point of lying, a lot and I have never said she "always" lies. When she was explaining why she wouldn't answer Andy's questions, she simply stated the facts and moved on quickly, so she was very believable IMO.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

My guess is that the legal advice Bethenny is getting is to not talk about custody or anything specifically legal.

It is interesting that there is not more published about whatever gag order there is on either Bethenny or Jason. Does anyone know any specifics? I have read that he tried to get one and was going to court about it in 2013, but there were never any follow-up articles about whether or not he got it. Which seems strange to me. So much publicity that he wanted it, but nothing to say he got it or not. But then I could have just missed it. I can imagine either or both being prohibited from talking about the legalities, but cannot imagine anything imposing either from just talking about the other. Anyone know more about gag orders? All I have ever heard is that they are very hard to get in civil cases, and that in many cases they can be a violation of a persons right to free speech. Could one stop her from saying she was miserable in her marriage, that she was sick of the process, that she wanted it to be over? I thought the purpose of a gag order was to stop the possibility of tainting a jury in the legal process. I remember reading that Bill O'Reilly tried to get one during his divorce because his ex was interviewing that he was a neglectful and abusive person during their custody trial and it was denied. 

I was always under the impression that the gag order was just during the actual divorce and custody hearing but I admittedly don't read much about any housewife outside of this forum.

• Love 7

Forgive me, Wirewrap, you're usually so adamant that when Bethenny speaks, Bethenny lies. But really, at the end of the day, I just find it implausible that bethenny is under a court order forbidding her to discuss the divorce or her ex or whatever we think the terms are... and she openly, knowingly, and constantly violates that court order, over years now, and knowing this, Jason has not pursued any legal action for her constant transgressions. That makes me think she's not violating any court order.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Right but I suppose my point is that if Bethenny was violating a court order... There's absolutely no reason for Jason to let it go. Since he is litigious and angry, I have to assume her public comments are not her constantly violating a court order.

It does seem like he is litigious. But usually when he thinks he can get something out of it. In this case, I don't think there is any "there" there. She wasn't doing anything that he could get the courts attention about, so he just made a threat. I actually believe that he likes the fact that Bethenny talks about the sorry state of their marriage. That he believes he comes off looking more sympathetic because he publicly keeps his mouth shut, while using others to do the talking for him. Or sends her hundreds of emails and texts away from the eyes of others, because he cannot haul her into court for no reason.  

• Love 8

ZoloftBlob, you are missing one vital element -- Jason is a saintly fellow, who cares about nothing else but his daughter. He doesn't pursue legal action against Beth because it might hurt Bryn.  Duh!

(Kindly ignore all the lurching and lunging, menacing stares and angry, threatening or taunting emails and texts that he's sent Bethenny while I make this point.)

3 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

It does seem like he is litigious. But usually when he thinks he can get something out of it. In this case, I don't think there is any "there" there. She wasn't doing anything that he could get the courts attention about, so he just made a threat. I actually believe that he likes the fact that Bethenny talks about the sorry state of their marriage. That he believes he comes off looking more sympathetic because he publicly keeps his mouth shut, while using others to do the talking for him. Or sends her hundreds of emails and texts away from the eyes of others, because he cannot haul her into court for no reason.  

Yup, gotta leave those bruises where they don't show. 

• Love 11

Yeah, had any court orders been violated, Hoppy and his lawyer would have been all over that like Luann would be all over a pirate.

• Love 8

Gundysgirl - I just can't see a guy who clearly does want custody etc not taking advantage of his ex violating a court order. Much like people think, myself included, that if Jason is convicted of stalking, that Bethenny will harp on that in custody court, if Jason had the ability to cite "she violated the court order here and here and here" that he'd take it. Jel, I sense the humor in your remark so color me shocked that Jason didn't just meekly walk away with no pre-nup challenge just to do Bryn right. ;)

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Gundysgirl - I just can't see a guy who clearly does want custody etc not taking advantage of his ex violating a court order. Much like people think, myself included, that if Jason is convicted of stalking, that Bethenny will harp on that in custody court, if Jason had the ability to cite "she violated the court order here and here and here" that he'd take it. Jel, I sense the humor in your remark so color me shocked that Jason didn't just meekly walk away with no pre-nup challenge just to do Bryn right. ;)

Agree 100%. No way in the world would he not be in court if he had a reason to be. If Bethenny was violating something. I don't think he has a leg to stand on and is not going to pay the legal fees associated with doing something that won't bring him any more money. So he will use his Attorney to make people think he might have standing when in fact he does not. 

• Love 7

He couldn't walk away with no pre-nup challenge, ZoloftBlob, because, well, his daughter is his number one priority.  He can't stop himself from threatening her mother either -- because daughter is number one priority. Billing her for his monthly clothing allowance  -- clearly because his daughter is his number one priority (I mean you can't have him lounging around in anything less than cashmere underpants right? Could be embarrassing for the kid.). Yelling "I will destroy you" at Bryn's school (good times, btw!) again, daughter number one priority.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Yeah, had any court orders been violated, Hoppy and his lawyer would have been all over that like Luann would be all over a pirate.

Speaking of the 2 bolded - silly trivia

The Douchebag Trial is lasting longer than Luann's marriage. Even if The Douche accepts a plea bargain today - he made it to the 9 1/2 month mark while Luann's marriage lasted 7 months and 5 days

tenor.gif

32 minutes ago, Jel said:

He couldn't walk away with no pre-nup challenge, ZoloftBlob, because, well, his daughter is his number one priority.  He can't stop himself from threatening her mother either -- because daughter is number one priority. Billing her for his monthly clothing allowance  -- clearly because his daughter is his number one priority (I mean you can't have him lounging around in anything less than cashmere underpants right? Could be embarrassing for the kid.). Yelling "I will destroy you" at Bryn's school (good times, btw!) again, daughter number one priority.

edited to add - cashmere Dry Cleaned underpants

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Forgive me, Wirewrap, you're usually so adamant that when Bethenny speaks, Bethenny lies. But really, at the end of the day, I just find it implausible that bethenny is under a court order forbidding her to discuss the divorce or her ex or whatever we think the terms are... and she openly, knowingly, and constantly violates that court order, over years now, and knowing this, Jason has not pursued any legal action for her constant transgressions. That makes me think she's not violating any court order.

I have never said that Bethenny "always lies" ever and this season I even defended her at times. It is when Bethenny tells her boo hoo for me tales that I question her honesty, when she talks about Jason, her mom, her ex step father, Luann and other various HWs. According to Bethenny she is never the aggressor, ever, even when what we see/hear proves the opposite. 

As for what Bethenny said, I took her at her word because she was short to the point and didn't seem all to happy that she couldn't blast Jason. Also, Bethenny didn't start out blasting him on camera, she had others do it for her, like Carole. She really only started to go to town on him this past season, on her radio show and in interviews right before the school blow up. IMO, Bethenny really believes she can say what she wants without negative consequences, because she cries victim each and every time and sadly, so many fall for it. Yes, Jason needs to step away from emailing Bethenny, without a doubt but Bethenny needs to STFU about him. 

• Love 8

The Douchebag Trial is lasting longer than Luann's marriage

We could make a whole list of things that lasted longer than that marriage...

she had others do it for her, like Carole

Or maybe Carole and others know what a douchebag asshole Hoppy is and offered to say what they wanted to of their own free mind.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I have never said that Bethenny "always lies" ever and this season I even defended her at times. It is when Bethenny tells her boo hoo for me tales that I question her honesty, when she talks about Jason, her mom, her ex step father, Luann and other various HWs. According to Bethenny she is never the aggressor, ever, even when what we see/hear proves the opposite. 

As for what Bethenny said, I took her at her word because she was short to the point and didn't seem all to happy that she couldn't blast Jason. Also, Bethenny didn't start out blasting him on camera, she had others do it for her, like Carole. She really only started to go to town on him this past season, on her radio show and in interviews right before the school blow up. IMO, Bethenny really believes she can say what she wants without negative consequences, because she cries victim each and every time and sadly, so many fall for it. Yes, Jason needs to step away from emailing Bethenny, without a doubt but Bethenny needs to STFU about him. 

But this goes to my original question....if she didn't blast him, if she shut Andy down quickly, why did Jason have his attorney out there threatening to sue her after that? If he is going to threaten to sue even when she isn't saying anything, but I guess simply acknowledging that she is involved in some type of unpleasant situation, how on earth can she ever win? How can she make him happy? How can any of the things he says to her in an email ever be defended? 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I have never said that Bethenny "always lies" ever and this season I even defended her at times.

You've never said she always lies (that's me! ; ) and you have defended her.

As for what Bethenny said, I took her at her word because she was short to the point and didn't seem all to happy that she couldn't blast Jason

I think you're probably right about a gag order, but even if Frankel's comment (about not being able to talk about it) was a lie, I think your overall point stands; she shouldn't be publicly blabbing shitty things about her kid's father. That acts like lighter fluid on a situation already in flames, and (if nothing else) her daughter will be reading that crap (if she hasn't already) very soon.

And whatever proxies Hoppy may or may not have used, at least Bryn will not be reading direct quotes from her father, about what a white trash nightmare pig her mother is, and how even though he liked fucking her, he knew marrying her was wrong, and only did it because there was a tv show in the offing and he felt pressured to go through with it.

That's Bryn's conception story, as told by her mother to the press  -- what could possibly hurt a child to hear that? It's perfectly delightful! 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

But this goes to my original question....if she didn't blast him, if she shut Andy down quickly, why did Jason have his attorney out there threatening to sue her after that? If he is going to threaten to sue even when she isn't saying anything, but I guess simply acknowledging that she is involved in some type of unpleasant situation, how on earth can she ever win? How can she make him happy? How can any of the things he says to her in an email ever be defended? 

She only took the high/legal road that 1 time, she proceeded to blast him on her radio show, on the HW show and in interviews. I agree that Jason should have taken her back to court, he was a fool not to but I suspect it was because of the cost. He doesn't have the deep pockets Bethenny has and she know it. As for what is in the emails, we only know about a few of them and 1 we do know about says that she was told not to talk about him/Bryn but that she kept doing it nonetheless. Seriously, all Bethenny had to say, to convey her feelings, is that she is "glad" the divorce is over and she is moving on with her life, nothing more. But, she couldn't do it, she had to make nasty comments about him, even calling him a thief on the show last season before all these emails started and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he started sending them shortly after that comment and a few choice others she made on her radio show. I can't defend his emails because I don't know what most of them said and what she had said to/about him (if anything) to warrant such a strong reaction from him. In reality, we don't even know if he sent a barrage of emails all at once or in groups daily or if they were sent out 1 a day over 10 months time. 

Bottom line, we have never heard Jason's side of anything, only Bethenny's spin/side, so IMO, it is wrong to condemn him based on Bethenny's word. Who knows, I may end up agreeing with her after all the facts come out but my gut says that at worst, they were both playing this game and are equally guilty and there is always the possibility that Bethenny's champions here will find out that she is in the wrong as well.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, film noire said:

You've never said she always lies (that's me! ; ) and you have defended her.

I think you're probably right about a gag order, but even if Frankel's comment (about not being able to talk about it) was a lie, I think your overall point stands; she shouldn't be publicly blabbing shitty things about her kid's father. That acts like lighter fluid on a situation already in flames, and (if nothing else) her daughter will be reading that crap (if she hasn't already) very soon.

And whatever proxies Hoppy may or may not have used, at least Bryn will not be reading direct quotes from her father, about what a white trash nightmare pig her mother is, and how even though he liked fucking her, he knew marrying her was wrong, and only did it because there was a tv show in the offing and he felt pressured to go through with it.

That's Bryn's conception story, as told by her mother to the press  -- what could possibly hurt a child to hear that? It's perfectly delightful! 

I agree, It's sad for Bryn. To me it comes off as Bethenny hating the father of her child more than she loves her daughter and how do you explain that away when Bryn gets older and realizes it?

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She only took the high/legal road that 1 time, she proceeded to blast him on her radio show, on the HW show and in interviews. I agree that Jason should have taken her back to court, he was a fool not to but I suspect it was because of the cost. He doesn't have the deep pockets Bethenny has and she know it. As for what is in the emails, we only know about a few of them and 1 we do know about says that she was told not to talk about him/Bryn but that she kept doing it nonetheless. Seriously, all Bethenny had to say, to convey her feelings, is that she is "glad" the divorce is over and she is moving on with her life, nothing more. But, she couldn't do it, she had to make nasty comments about him, even calling him a thief on the show last season before all these emails started and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he started sending them shortly after that comment and a few choice others she made on her radio show. I can't defend his emails because I don't know what most of them said and what she had said to/about him (if anything) to warrant such a strong reaction from him. In reality, we don't even know if he sent a barrage of emails all at once or in groups daily or if they were sent out 1 a day over 10 months time. 

Bottom line, we have never heard Jason's side of anything, only Bethenny's spin/side, so IMO, it is wrong to condemn him based on Bethenny's word. Who knows, I may end up agreeing with her after all the facts come out but my gut says that at worst, they were both playing this game and are equally guilty and there is always the possibility that Bethenny's champions here will find out that she is in the wrong as well.

But he threatened to sue after she took the high road on WWHL. Again, didn't see the interview, but from what I read in the attached, it sounded like she just discussed the marriage and took some blame herself. If she hammered away at him, they didn't report it in this article, and from what others have said, she refused to blast him to a (probably) disappointed Andy. Yet this was what made him threaten legal action. So if she takes the high road in an interview, and he is still pissed at her, who knows what else pisses him off? Her breathing? Existing? Being rich? Being happy?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jason-hoppy-exploring-legal-options-after-bethenny-frankel-interview-2015243

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

but my gut says that at worst, they were both playing this game and are equally guilty and there is always the possibility that Bethenny's champions here will find out that she is in the wrong as well.

And the second plea deal offered to Hoppy is pretty strong evidence of how weak the case is, and of how little the ADA believes Hoppy is a real danger to Frankel. 

You don't offer a dangerous stalker a deal with no admission of guilt, no punishment, and no record.  Not in NYC, where the laws were changed to strengthen the stalking laws, not lighten them. You don't offer someone who hounded a woman into fearing for her physical safety a handshake and a "Fare thee well, my good man! Off you go into your totally innocent life!" plea deal.

You offer that deal to a man you know is no threat to anyone. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

I'm sure his lawyer did it proactively as a warning shot to Frankel that even this was too much discussion of Jason, his motives and what he did or did not do in the relationship:

"And [it is hard] when the woman is the breadwinner. I think fame, attention, and money does not bring out the best in everybody. I think that money, in many ways, is the root of all evil....I write about mutual respect...People should be in relationships with people that really accept them and understand them…[Jason and I] brushed [issues] under the rug...Cracks become craters. Little things that you see in your relationships and your friendships…I feel like in our personal lives, we [women] don't [acknowledge them]. I think men are just better about that than women."

She not-so-subtly accused him of having issues with his male identity  (his wife as breadwinner) then again not-so-subtly hints at him having ego problems (couldn't handle fame, attention or money) and lacking respect/not understanding/accepting her, and brushing issues aside.  

Edited by film noire
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

I'm sure his lawyer did it proactively as a warning shot to Frankel that even this was too much discussion of Jason, his motives and what he did or did not do in the relationship:

"And [it is hard] when the woman is the breadwinner. I think fame, attention, and money does not bring out the best in everybody. I think that money, in many ways, is the root of all evil....I write about mutual respect...People should be in relationships with people that really accept them and understand them…[Jason and I] brushed [issues] under the rug...Cracks become craters. Little things that you see in your relationships and your friendships…I feel like in our personal lives, we [women] don't [acknowledge them]. I think men are just better about that than women."

That could be right. Makes him seem like an even bigger dick, though. He tries to scare her so she will stop doing something he doesn't like, even if she isn't doing anything that crosses any lines that the court has put down. It seems as though even people that think she is in the wrong think that she took the high road during the interview, yet he is still not happy and turns to threats. Scary stuff. 

• Love 6

She not so subtly accused him of having issues with his male identity  (his wife as breadwinner) then not-so-subtly hints at him having ego problems (couldn't handle fame, attention or money) and lacking respect/not understanding/accepting her, and brushing issues aside.  

Well, she certainly seems to have him pegged correctly...

• Love 7
Just now, gundysgirl said:

. It seems as though even people that think she is in the wrong think that she took the high road during the interview

I don't think she took the high road at all -- I think Frankel believed she was oh-so-cleverly slamming and insulting him, while being able to claim clean hands.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, film noire said:

I don't think she took the high road at all -- I think Frankel believed she was oh-so-cleverly slamming and insulting him, while being able to claim clean hands.

I can see how he could think it was a slam. Might have been. But she has talked about it before. And didn't he talk on their show about how the dynamics changed when she was the breadwinner? None of it was a revelation or something that was new news. I would just find it shocking that she is not allowed to give her opinion on what went wrong in the marriage without facing a judge. Hence the silly threat. And later hence the silly emails. And texts. Almost seems like there is a pattern here......

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

None of it was a revelation or something that was new news. I would just find it shocking that she is not allowed to give her opinion on what went wrong in the marriage without facing a judge. Hence the silly threat. And later hence the silly emails. And texts. Almost seems like there is a pattern here......

But once divorced,  it's not her place to discuss *his* psychology/motivations/etc  -- you lose that intimate right (if you ever had it to begin with) once the marriage is dissolved, imo. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:55 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Financially Hoppy is doomed. He's been getting billed from Alex Spiro's office for every minute of work. Money he will never recoup.

Douchebag is going down!

My cousin went through a very contentious custody battle a few years ago.  Every time a form was printed or photo copied, she was billed.  Seriously.  And the fee by no means represented thirty seconds of a secretary's time.  I realize we're talking different types of law, but I'm sure criminal lawyers are just as good at billing for every second their mind dwells on a case.  I just thought of my client while I was on the toilet - bill for thirty minutes.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

But he threatened to sue after she took the high road on WWHL. Again, didn't see the interview, but from what I read in the attached, it sounded like she just discussed the marriage and took some blame herself. If she hammered away at him, they didn't report it in this article, and from what others have said, she refused to blast him to a (probably) disappointed Andy. Yet this was what made him threaten legal action. So if she takes the high road in an interview, and he is still pissed at her, who knows what else pisses him off? Her breathing? Existing? Being rich? Being happy?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jason-hoppy-exploring-legal-options-after-bethenny-frankel-interview-2015243

She was talking about him when his lawyer said that though, it was only after he threatened to go after her that she got quiet and only for a short time. I honestly don't think Bethenny is capable of keeping her mouth shut when she dislikes someone, even when the courts order her to. Bethenny made the "thief" dig after that interview and that comment was only 1 of dozens she made on the show/radio show and in interviews she has given since the divorce was finalized. All the while, Jason has kept his mouth closed, he has never uttered a nasty word about her to the press and he could have. At some point, she needs to ask what is most important to her, hating her daughters father or loving her daughter more......right now, IMO, she hates him more. As for Jason, he may well be in the same hate filled boat Bethenny is in but it is also possible that there is more to his side which could explain the few emails we know about, we just don't have enough info from him. BUT, we have seen Bethenny do this destroy at all costs to others before, so she does have a history of this type of behavior. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

I can see how he could think it was a slam. Might have been. But she has talked about it before. And didn't he talk on their show about how the dynamics changed when she was the breadwinner? None of it was a revelation or something that was new news. I would just find it shocking that she is not allowed to give her opinion on what went wrong in the marriage without facing a judge. Hence the silly threat. And later hence the silly emails. And texts. Almost seems like there is a pattern here......

At the time of that WWHL episode, in the link, they were in the middles of the divorce and there was a gag order in place. Neither side was to talk about the divorce or each other at all to/in the public.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I hear you about the gut feeling, WW. My gut says the opposite, but hey that's what keeps things lively and debatable, right?  (And I recall you sticking up for Bethenny this season sometimes, too.)  I appreciate you saying that you recognize he could be guilty; I try to recognize he could be innocent with my many "allegedly"s. However, I gotta say that I will be surprised if it turns out that she made those things up!

• Love 5

I just don't think Bethenny is under any current injunction from the court to not discuss her marriage/Jason. If such an order exists, it's clearly not very strict as many people here cite multiple examples of Bethenny talking about her marriage. Considering the acrimony between them, I just don't believe Jason would let it go if he genuinely believed Bethenny was under a court order to not discuss the marriage or him in any way. He HAS been quick to enforce things like Bryn not being on the show, and not being photographed... so he does lash out when he thinks he can win. 

This is one of those things that if it was actually true that Bethenny has been openly violating a court order... He really has no reason to not get it addressed. 

Jel - I will be honest. I'd MUCH RATHER Jason be found not guilty, that Bethenny was just being an evil hosebeast, because at the end of the day, if he's guilty, he's a real fucking asshole in a way that his initial appearance on the show never would have made me believe. 

• Love 9
Just now, Jel said:

I hear you about the gut feeling, WW. My gut says the opposite, but hey that's what keeps things lively and debatable, right?  (And I recall you sticking up for Bethenny this season sometimes, too.)  I appreciate you saying that you recognize he could be guilty; I try to recognize he could be innocent with my many "allegedly"s. However, I gotta say that I will be surprised if it turns out that she made those things up!

It is hard to look past someone's past bad behavior when you don't like them and it is just as hard to recognize their bad behavior when you do like them.  Ahhhh, the wonderful/confusing/ever changing world of HW viewers! LOL I really do suspect that blame lies equally on both sides with these fools.

• Love 4

That could be right. Makes him seem like an even bigger dick, though. He tries to scare her so she will stop doing something he doesn't like, even if she isn't doing anything that crosses any lines that the court has put down. It seems as though even people that think she is in the wrong think that she took the high road during the interview, yet he is still not happy and turns to threats. Scary stuff. 

giphy.gif

• Love 5
14 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

My cousin went through a very contentious custody battle a few years ago.  Every time a form was printed or photo copied, she was billed.  Seriously.  And the fee by no means represented thirty seconds of a secretary's time.  I realize we're talking different types of law, but I'm sure criminal lawyers are just as good at billing for every second their mind dwells on a case.  I just thought of my client while I was on the toilet - bill for thirty minutes.

I had money put into an escrow account that was to be held until I provided one document. Once I provided the documentation $500 was taken from my escrow account - it was literally 5 sentences - 100 bucks a sentence

Can you imagine what Alex Spiro has charged to review all 150+ of those emails? In addition, he has appeared in court 3 times with Jason so far. Those are hefty fees when the lawyer has to travel to court.

• Love 4

I don't know specifically about NY, but where I live many criminal defense attorneys charge flat fees.  Now, that can be high if you settle quickly.  Money up front for obvious reasons.

I don't know what to think about the charges - and I fall on the side of thinking B over-dramatizes things.  But there was something there to get the prosecutors to file charges.  And then I can't figure why he wouldn't take a plea, because going to trial could be very difficult.  IF he's not just ignoring reality, I can only assume he has another set of emails/voicemails/whatever that put his emails in a different light.  Why his attorneys wouldn't show those to the prosecutors to get the charges dropped, I don't know.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Why his attorneys wouldn't show those to the prosecutors to get the charges dropped, I don't know.

Maybe Hoppy's attorney showed the ADA some emails from Frankel to Hoppy for context, and that's why the second plea deal was dropped to no admission of guilt/no record of guilt?

• Love 4

Lost at sea...

Doesn’t have parents...

Homeless....

Luann fucks everyone...

Bethenny spins the truth into hyperbole that works for her. This time it’s not gonna fly, Jason knows her game held his ground and was right do so. IMHO. This  will all get dismissed . The girl who cried wolf , who was raised by wolves is just exaggerating again. 

• Love 9
On 10/2/2017 at 2:27 PM, gundysgirl said:

Herein lies the problem-the use of the word threat.  Jason's attorney said he was exploring options.  That is not a threat that is a comment in response to Bethenny dancing around some sort of agreement or order regarding speaking about the divorce.  It has been pretty well established that Jason didn't threaten to destroy Bethenny at the child's school.  There has been a verbatim (according to Bethenny) recital of what was said and it was said to Dennis.  

My theory is there is something going on between Jason and Bethenny regarding Bryn and either her behavior or what tales she carries back and forth between the parents.  I don't necessarily believe it is related to the show.  Going back to last January, perhaps it was some sort of comment about Dennis' role in Bryn's life.  Only a theory.  There was something that caused Jason to want to meet with Bethenny and I doubt it was so he could deride her.  Be it Jason not having Bryn available when Bethenny calls or whatever Jason feels Bethenny is doing contrary to the court order, he apparently thought as parents they could meet and reach an agreement on whatever the parties were sparring over.  He was wrong and continuing a one sided conversation was not going to make the meeting happen

Reality is Bethenny is who she is and has a well documented history of engaging with people when it benefits her and then demanding no further contact when they are no longer useful or disagree with her.  Jason is the only person who she has to share someone with and it is arguably the most important person in her life.  It is an adjustment for both parties and neither gets to be totally in charge.

• Love 10
On 10/4/2017 at 0:32 PM, Mrs peel said:

I don't know specifically about NY, but where I live many criminal defense attorneys charge flat fees.  Now, that can be high if you settle quickly.  Money up front for obvious reasons.

I don't know what to think about the charges - and I fall on the side of thinking B over-dramatizes things.  But there was something there to get the prosecutors to file charges.  And then I can't figure why he wouldn't take a plea, because going to trial could be very difficult.  IF he's not just ignoring reality, I can only assume he has another set of emails/voicemails/whatever that put his emails in a different light.  Why his attorneys wouldn't show those to the prosecutors to get the charges dropped, I don't know.

I would concur-criminal defense attorneys charge up front because if their clients go to jail they have a hard time collecting.  The Giudices are a perfect example of why defense attorneys don't go hourly.  By the time Teresa paid the fines she was strapped.  Teresa is one who had nothing nice to say about her attorneys after her sentencing.  Evidence she dropped a bundle when she retained counsel.

I do get why the DA filed, Bethenny seems sympathetic on the surface.  She felt she had exhausted her civil remedies with the C&D.  I think it fell more into the annoying portion of the statute.  I don't believe Bethenny ever felt physical threatened-but her claims of "torture" probably were persuasive.  There had to be some reason the DA was so assertive then backed off.  From what I have read there was a certain bit of push back from Bethenny with snarky camera angles and her general demeanor.  In the long run this is probably a less expensive alternative for Jason as this case would be a dog in family court.  If I were a prosecutor I would offer the slow plea and let the chips fall where they may.  There has to be a reason the prosecution is never quite ready for trial.

• Love 8