Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, QuinnM said:

Oh that would mean the support money goes down.  Hoppy can’t have that.  Brynn is worth $12500 a month.  I bet anything this is about a surrogate standing in for Hoppy when he is on the road.  And in that case even if Bethenny doesn’t get sole custody she will have Brynn on her days AND on any day Hoppy is not available as a parent.  Then she keeps track of that over a year.  Then you look at the numbers and maybe go back to court to say the child is in your physical custody 80% of the time.  And then you get sole custody and Hoppy gets a smaller check.

Except you don't get sole custody just because the other parent travels a lot (assuming Jason travels at all).  And of course B is in the position of, having already agreed to joint custody, needing a significant change in circumstances that would require the Court to modify that decision.  It's not that easy.  Change the times they each have Brynn living with them due to parent travel schedules?  Sure, but that doesn't mean you can't have joint custody. 

Courts disfavor changing custody decisions, because it's perceived as harming the child.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Except you don't get sole custody just because the other parent travels a lot (assuming Jason travels at all).  And of course B is in the position of, having already agreed to joint custody, needing a significant change in circumstances that would require the Court to modify that decision.  It's not that easy.  Change the times they each have Brynn living with them due to parent travel schedules?  Sure, but that doesn't mean you can't have joint custody. 

Courts disfavor changing custody decisions, because it's perceived as harming the child.

It will be interesting to see if the court changes custody of a well adjusted thriving child.  It would seem the time for a motion for a change of custody would have been 2016/early 2017 if the situation was exigent and needed to be addressed.  It just seems odd that one can wait almost a year after the offensive behavior and claim there is a need to change custody.

As to travel schedules, it may be just me and I am pretty certain not all parents can afford to tailor their work schedule to suit an exacting schedule of the child.  Likewise, most people tend to tailor their work schedules to accommodate times of physical custody.  I have always wondered if Bryn is allowed to participate in sports or activities that require being in town.  Of course that might also mean that both parents might have to present if they wanted to watch a performance or game.  

It would seem like the safest route for the court would be to let custody stand and order that Jason not directly contact Bethenny or her associates.  Friends and employees don't really want to be the middle person.   

• Love 2

It reminds me of Bethenny, after the break up of her marriage saying she was forced to go through with the wedding because of Andy Cohen.  Sometimes the viewers just draw their own conclusions to the celebs' responses.

That doesn't sound like Bethenny ... She would have been on the cover of every magazine in America if she called it off.  We have never seen a wedding not take place at the last minute--Bethenny would have LOVED to be the first.  After all, she is the one who peed on camera not once, but TWICE.  

Let's review:

NO PROPOSAL ON CAMERA -- Jason's request (Bethenny said that is why they did the picking out the rings later)

NO BIRTH ON CAMERA -- Again, Jason's request.  

NO MOVING BRYNN TO CALIFORNIA -- That was Bethenny's request for her talk show.  Jason said it would keep Brynn away from her grandparents.  That's what spawned the divorce proceedings.  Remember, JUST WHEN THE SHOW WAS STARTING, BETHANY "CLAIMED" SHE HAD JUST HAD A MISCARRIAGE.  If they were planning to divorce, it would be strange for her to want another baby.  (Although some people do it in the hopes of reviving the marriage.)  Bethenny got divorced because Jason was HOLDING HER CAREER BACK.  And now?  SHE DOESN'T EVEN SPEAK TO ELLEN DEGENERES, who was the one who championed  her talk show.  

NO BRYNN ON CAMERA -- Jason's requirement.  

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

That doesn't sound like Bethenny ... She would have been on the cover of every magazine in America if she called it off.  We have never seen a wedding not take place at the last minute--Bethenny would have LOVED to be the first.  After all, she is the one who peed on camera not once, but TWICE.  

Let's review:

NO PROPOSAL ON CAMERA -- Jason's request (Bethenny said that is why they did the picking out the rings later)

NO BIRTH ON CAMERA -- Again, Jason's request.  

NO MOVING BRYNN TO CALIFORNIA -- That was Bethenny's request for her talk show.  Jason said it would keep Brynn away from her grandparents.  That's what spawned the divorce proceedings.  Remember, JUST WHEN THE SHOW WAS STARTING, BETHANY "CLAIMED" SHE HAD JUST HAD A MISCARRIAGE.  If they were planning to divorce, it would be strange for her to want another baby.  (Although some people do it in the hopes of reviving the marriage.)  Bethenny got divorced because Jason was HOLDING HER CAREER BACK.  And now?  SHE DOESN'T EVEN SPEAK TO ELLEN DEGENERES, who was the one who championed  her talk show.  

NO BRYNN ON CAMERA -- Jason's requirement.  

I truly believed all that happened is Bethenny really wanted a husband and family and once she became insanely rich she thought there would be Mark Cuban level suitors.  Rich, handsome, good businessman type.  Bethenny also said she didn't want Bryn not to be born into the world with her parents unmarried.  

I thought the reason for the no airing of the engagement was it was a private moment?  HAHAHA  You do mean the $100,000.00 ring Bethenny deemed an investment and later upgraded?  

They got close to doing on camera birth, damn but for the C-Section.

Am I the only who thinks that Jason would have been okay with moving to California but perhaps he saw the writing on the wall he was soon to ousted?  

Didn't Bethenny announce the miscarriage when she was getting crap for her Lost at Sea adventure?  Or wasit when she describing how she was living a fairytale, she got the husband, the child, the fame and the millions?  I think she then pivoted to talk about the sad news of Giulana Rancic having breast cancer.  I get the two appearances on the Today Show confused.

Ellen Degeneres didn't just champion her talk show she produced it.  When the ratings were crap, Bethenny could wash her hands of it and act as if she was some hired soul force in front of the cameras.  In the beginning it would never feature RHs and by the end, various RHs weren't only one but there were some who would not appear.   (Imagine Jill Zarin, Kelly Bensimon and Alex McCOrd all turning her down.) She did the same with her short lived radio show, where it was going to be no RHs and out of the 13 episode after her great friend Eric Stonehouse, it was Carole and Andy as guests with full on RH talk, and of course her divorce situation.  

Bryn not being on camera is a blessing.  

• Love 5

) She did the same with her short lived radio show, where it was going to be no RHs and out of the 13 episode after her great friend Eric Stonestreet, it was Carole and Andy as guests with full on RH talk, and of course her divorce situation.  

Talking about her divorce non-stop on her talk show, the RH and her radio show ... gee, no wonder Jason went crazy.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Talking about her divorce non-stop on her talk show, the RH and her radio show ... gee, no wonder Jason went crazy.

At one time it seems there was some sort of agreement between the parties not to discuss their divorce.  On a rare occasion Jason's attorney spoke about "exploring legal options".  https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jason-hoppy-exploring-legal-options-after-bethenny-frankel-interview-2015243/  Jason worked so I could see him being offended about Bethenny making the breadwinner comment.  She also wrote a book about being a relationship expert in the midst of the divorce.  I don't know of many public people who spend as much time and energy as Bethenny talking about her divorce.  It has been going on for over five years.  

• Love 5

Why shouldn't she talk about her divorce? Even people who despise her are still fascinated by the subject.

True.  But Jason didn't have the same opportunities to mouth off about HER.  I'm sure he had financial incentives to keep quiet, though.  

Or his being crazy is the reason she was talking about it.

Based on her reality shows and the talk show and its total Bethenny narcissism, I totally think she could turn the Dalai Lama into a screaming maniac.

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 6

But Jason didn't have the same opportunities to mouth off about HER. 

I'm really quite sure that Jason knows who would love to feature him mouthing off about his ex.

I'm sure he had financial incentives to keep quiet, though.  

If he's taking money to keep his mouth shut then I trust we can stop canonizing him for how he's Bethenny sweet victim who keeps quiet about her awfulness because he's just such a great daddy, he'd never badmouth Bethenny where Bryn can see?

Because if he's receiving financial incentive to be silent, then he's complicit in the problem.

• Love 2

Based on her reality shows and the talk show and its total Bethenny narcissism, I totally think she could turn the Dalai Lama into a screaming maniac.

Maybe, but Jason certainly ain't the Dalai Lama.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

True.  But Jason didn't have the same opportunities to mouth off about HER.  I'm sure he had financial incentives to keep quiet, though.  

So. Sometimes life isn't fair. She comes across as a narcissist and he a sociopath. 

Bethenny chose  bad guy Jason. Lu chose bad guy Tom.

Beth chose bad guy Jason to have a child with. 

Looks like Lu ended up with the least to lose.

Why does Lu get all the hate for choosing a loser when Bethenny did the same?

Edited by Happy Camper

Bethenny got knocked up, so I'm not sure one could say she "chose" him to have a child with, per se.

Were there rumors about Jason banging every other woman in NYC that Bethenny chose to ignore before they got married? Was there a pic of Jason making out with a woman weeks after he and Bethenny got engaged that she saw and then chose to ignore?

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I'm not sure where this is coming from all of a sudden, but I was definitely on record as being pissed at Bethenny for picking that loser.

Sooooo many were.  I think it comes in with Tom is that everyone warned her. Also,  she was sleepy about it and seemed to get off on the fact that she "stole" him from Sonia. Lu was cruel and she got what she deserved.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

Bethenny got knocked up, so I'm not sure one could say she "chose" him to have a child with, per se.

Were there rumors about Jason banging every other woman in NYC that Bethenny chose to ignore before they got married? Was there a pic of Jason making out with a woman weeks after he and Bethenny got engaged that she saw and then chose to ignore?

Yes, one could say she "chose" him to have a child with, she wasn't using any precautions to prevent getting pregnant (Jason didn't either). They both knew the risk and played the odds. she got pregnant, they got married and the rest is still being written. 

As for rumors, well per Bethenny (at the last reunion and on WWHL) Andy, production and Bravo all pressured her into marrying Jason, making her go against her "gut instinct". LOL Nothing is ever, EVER Bethenny's responsibility. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I'm really quite sure that Jason knows who would love to feature him mouthing off about his ex.

If he's taking money to keep his mouth shut then I trust we can stop canonizing him for how he's Bethenny sweet victim who keeps quiet about her awfulness because he's just such a great daddy, he'd never badmouth Bethenny where Bryn can see?

Because if he's receiving financial incentive to be silent, then he's complicit in the problem.

I am not quite sure where this myth Jason is receiving hush money.  Child support is not hush money.  There are people who find living life in the tabloids and on social media is just taxing and tawdry.  Bethenny claims she needs it for branding.  Jason doesn't need to brand.

It has been five years.  Reality seems to be Jason has totally eschewed any fame he may have had from RHONY.  Obviously he isn't being paid for silence as NDA are a two way street.  Sometimes parents believe they are doing what is in the best interests of the child.  Jason could probably have several very big pay days if he decided to go public-sometimes in a relationship it becomes apparent that one parent may be over compensating because the other parent may be using the child for other purposes.

I get where Bethenny is coming from-she does not want to share and she does not want Jason to weigh in on her choices and antics.  Jason practices his religion and family finds it to be important Bethenny did not.  Bethenny does not have a good track record with family and had said, after Bryn was born she was not affiliated with any religion.  All of sudden married Dennis comes along and she becomes Jewish.  I am all for someone finding their spiritual place but with Bethenny - was it to land Dennis or thwart Jason?  

Sometimes it is just about someone wanting to parent their child without interference.  Maybe both of them are control freaks for very different reasons.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, one could say she "chose" him to have a child with, she wasn't using any precautions to prevent getting pregnant (Jason didn't either). They both knew the risk and played the odds. she got pregnant, they got married and the rest is still being written. 

As for rumors, well per Bethenny (at the last reunion and on WWHL) Andy, production and Bravo all pressured her into marrying Jason, making her go against her "gut instinct". LOL Nothing is ever, EVER Bethenny's responsibility. 

I guess my point is why is Betheny a victim for marrying Jason the jerk, but Luann is a fool for marrying a jerk?

Bethenny made an entire show (Bethenny Getting Married)) over marrying a jerk. What a fool,

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I guess my point is why is Betheny a victim for marrying Jason the jerk, but Luann is a fool for marrying a jerk?

Bethenny made an entire show (Bethenny Getting Married)) over marrying a jerk. What a fool,

I agree! It's always poor Bethenny, she was taken advantage of but with Luann, she got what she asked for/deserved! 

• Love 10

Obviously he isn't being paid for silence as NDA are a two way street. 

So, here's the thing. 

I was actually being a lil facetious since its pretty constantly claimed that Jason is a great dad because he chooses by himself and without financial incentive, to not talk to the press. 

So it becomes a bit irritating that there's also a running argument that poor Jason isn't allowed to talk to the press because he is being paid off to be silent.

I agree! It's always poor Bethenny, she was taken advantage of but with Luann, she got what she asked for/deserved! 

If we all need to confirm it, then I will say it. I thought Bethenny married Jason because she was pregnant and because at the time, she was locked into the mindset that a successful woman had to be married and had to have a child or else she wasn't fulfilled. I don't think she was taken advantage of because she's an adult and there was no gun to her head. No one deserves a crummy marriage, no one asks for a relationship to fail, but Bethenny definitely made poor decisions along the way. She was not taken advantage of.

Luann, like Bethenny, is a grown ass woman who was capable of seeing the red flags in the Tom situation. No one deserves a crummy marriage, no one asks for a relationship to fail, but Luanne made some poor decisions along the way. She was not taken advantage of. 

The sad reality is that dumb decisions and poor decisions sometimes have shitty consequences. Neither woman deserves a prize for their choices.

• Love 11

That isn't a choice, that's playing the odds and losing.

If we all need to confirm it, then I will say it. I thought Bethenny married Jason because she was pregnant and because at the time, she was locked into the mindset that a successful woman had to be married and had to have a child or else she wasn't fulfilled. I don't think she was taken advantage of because she's an adult and there was no gun to her head. No one deserves a crummy marriage, no one asks for a relationship to fail, but Bethenny definitely made poor decisions along the way. She was not taken advantage of.

Luann, like Bethenny, is a grown ass woman who was capable of seeing the red flags in the Tom situation. No one deserves a crummy marriage, no one asks for a relationship to fail, but Luanne made some poor decisions along the way. She was not taken advantage of. 

The sad reality is that dumb decisions and poor decisions sometimes have shitty consequences. Neither woman deserves a prize for their choices.

HealthyUniformGermanspaniel-size_restric

I think it comes in with Tom is that everyone warned her. Also,  she was sleepy about it and seemed to get off on the fact that she "stole" him from Sonia. Lu was cruel and she got what she deserved.

There is that too. Plus, she didn't just steal him from Sonja, she also stole him form whoever he was on a date with the night she met him.

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:22 AM, BBHN said:

That isn't a choice, that's playing the odds and losing.

HealthyUniformGermanspaniel-size_restric

There is that too. Plus, she didn't just steal him from Sonja, she also stole him form whoever he was on a date with the night she met him.

Playing the odds IS a choice.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Higgins said:

Playing the odds IS a choice.

Bethenny had said she always wanted a child.  I would agree not using birth control is pretty much a choice.  Bethenny dated Jason for a year before she conceived-I am pretty certain she mentioned that they decided not to use birth control as the relationship progressed.  In all the times Bethenny spoke of her pregnancy she never said accident, slip up, she always used positive terms like miracle, and grateful.

• Love 8
On 3/30/2018 at 8:57 PM, Happy Camper said:

Good point!

• Love 4

Possibly because Jason's faults weren't quite as evident at Tom's faults initially.

Also, did anyone confront Bethenny with a picture of Jason making out with another women weeks after their engagement?

• Love 7
On 7/18/2018 at 9:58 PM, RedDelicious said:

Bethenny isn't happy UNLESS her life is in a state of chaos. That is status quo for her. She needs it for sympathy. She isn't happy unless people are fawning all over her telling her how bad her life is.

Her reaction to Tinsley was so Scheana.

ETA: Cry me a fucking RIVER.

Absolutely.  She doesn't want the custody case settled, because then she would have one less tragedy to blame her miserable personality on.  This is how she acted the season she came back...always crying, frenetic speech patterns, general cranky bitchiness.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Absolutely.  She doesn't want the custody case settled, because then she would have one less tragedy to blame her miserable personality on.  This is how she acted the season she came back...always crying, frenetic speech patterns, general cranky bitchiness.

IMO, she wants sole custody of Bryn and will not stop until she has it. She tried for that during the initial custody battle but settled for shared, refiled for primary (which makes her the ONLY one allowed to make legal decisions for Bryn) and if she succeeds in that, she will go for sole again in a couple of years. She has to have total control over everyone/everything no matter what, even Bryn.

7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I agree with you about Dorinda's shit-stirring.  I've had friends who will claim that if you didn't tell them it was private, they would blab it to whomever was standing next to them.  "You didn't say not to tell."   Yeah, that was back in Junior High.

I don't think Dorinda was shit stirring this time because she knew Bethenny told most of the others how unhappy she was with their accommodations, so she thought Tinsley needed to know because Tinsley was the only one that Bethenny didn't complain to. 

• Love 9
(edited)
46 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

IMO, she wants sole custody of Bryn and will not stop until she has it. She tried for that during the initial custody battle but settled for shared, refiled for primary (which makes her the ONLY one allowed to make legal decisions for Bryn) and if she succeeds in that, she will go for sole again in a couple of years. She has to have total control over everyone/everything no matter what, even Bryn.

I don't think Dorinda was shit stirring this time because she knew Bethenny told most of the others how unhappy she was with their accommodations, so she thought Tinsley needed to know because Tinsley was the only one that Bethenny didn't complain to. 

I’m sure every Mother wants custody, but does anyone here think that for one minute Jason would let that happen?  I’m just sayin.  No favoritism here, but IMO he would fight and do everything possible to have Bryan at least half the time.  I don’t know the law and don’t know from custody but no way.  Is it possible that Beth could get full custody even some day?  What does it take?   If she got sole custody, how would she be able to work her business and do this t.v. Show and everything else she Does?  Would Bryn grow up with nannies?  I’m sure Jason would just love that.  I don’t understand all this stuff.

I just can’t stand Dorinda anymore.  Besides being a loud drunk, she’s a nosey body.  She goes from room to room and talks shit to everyone of them  about each other.  A real phony.  Then she hugs and kisses them when she sees them after she knocks them.  She has too much of a high opinion of herself.  She’s such a good person, my ass.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, BG-RealityBabbler said:

I don't think Dorinda needed to step in on Bethenny's behalf to let Tinsley know what Bethenny felt about the accommodations. If Bethenny wanted Tins to know, she would have known straight from her own mouth. Dorinda was doing what she does best - outside of drinking - stirring the pot.

She wasn't stepping in on Bethenny's behalf, she was letting Tinsley know that this was part of the reason Bethenny was unhappy overall. 

15 minutes ago, kicksave said:

I’ve never heard of a fish allergy before...shellfish allergy is pretty common though. Ramona knew it was fish soup...why didn’t she warn Bethenny? And yes...Bethany needs something! Mood stabilizers, Prozac or hormones...take your pick!

All three plus other psych meds. LOL

2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m sure every Mother wants custody, but does anyone here think that for one minute Jason would let that happen?  I’m just sayin.  No favoritism here, but IMO he would fight and do everything possible to have Bryan at least half the time.  I don’t know the law and don’t know from custody but no way.  Is it possible that Beth could get full custody even some day?  What does it take?   If she got sole custody, how would she be able to work her business and do this t.v. Show and everything else she Does?  Would Bryn grow up with nannies?  I’m sure Jason would just love that.  I don’t understand all this stuff.

She tried to get sole custody the first time, even after the custody Judge told her she wasn't going to get it, she tried anyway. Yes, I do think Jason will do all he can to stop her from getting it but his pockets have a bottom, Bethenny's don't and she could care less if he goes belly up fighting her. Right now, she is fighting for primary custody, which means that only she has any legal say in anything connected to Bryn, her schooling (Bethenny was talking about home schooling her), her medical care/decisions, her religious affiliations/up bringing, when she can and can't travel, every thing. If she wins, Jason will have no say in anything that Bryn does/doesn't do, none. And I don't know how she is going to pull this off, if she wins, with all of her traveling unless she now plans to never leave the city when Bryn is with Jason, in school, at a friends house because if something should happen and Bryn need medical help, Jason isn't allowed to make any decisions for his/their daughter. 

• Love 8
(edited)
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She wasn't stepping in on Bethenny's behalf, she was letting Tinsley know that this was part of the reason Bethenny was unhappy overall. 

All three plus other psych meds. LOL

She tried to get sole custody the first time, even after the custody Judge told her she wasn't going to get it, she tried anyway. Yes, I do think Jason will do all he can to stop her from getting it but his pockets have a bottom, Bethenny's don't and she could care less if he goes belly up fighting her. Right now, she is fighting for primary custody, which means that only she has any legal say in anything connected to Bryn, her schooling (Bethenny was talking about home schooling her), her medical care/decisions, her religious affiliations/up bringing, when she can and can't travel, every thing. If she wins, Jason will have no say in anything that Bryn does/doesn't do, none. And I don't know how she is going to pull this off, if she wins, with all of her traveling unless she now plans to never leave the city when Bryn is with Jason, in school, at a friends house because if something should happen and Bryn need medical help, Jason isn't allowed to make any decisions for his/their daughter. 

Well, let’s talk about the kid here.  The kid seems to love the Father and Grandparents.  Wouldn’t it be in Bryns best interest for Beth and Jason to have 50-50?  Wouldn’t everyone by happy then?  I don’t see why not.  I don’t know what’s going on with them.  To spend all that money in and out of court is ridiculous to me.  They should just share her already.  She’s about 8 yrs old now, right.  They all should ask Bryn what she wants.  Is that allowed lol.  My auto correct is making mistakes .. not me.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

And I don't know how she is going to pull this off, if she wins, with all of her traveling unless she now plans to never leave the city when Bryn is with Jason, in school, at a friends house because if something should happen and Bryn need medical help, Jason isn't allowed to make any decisions for his/their daughter. 

That's not true.   The custody arrangement can be written so that when Bryn is with her father he can decide and arrange for her to get medical assistance.    Let's not forget that it's 2018 and everyone has a cell phone. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Well, let’s talk about the kid here.  The kid seems to love the Father and Grandparents.  Wouldn’t it be in Bryns best interest for Beth and Jason to have 50-50?  Wouldn’t everyone by happy then?  I don’t see why not.  I don’t know what’s going on with them.  To spend all that money in and out of court is ridiculous to me.  They should just share her already.  She’s about 8 yrs old now, right.  They all should ask Bryn what she wants.  Is that allowed lol.  My auto correct is making mistakes .. not me.

I agree with you, the custody arrangement is currently 50/50 with both parents having a say in Bryn's life but Bethenny filed for primary custody which means that she has final legal say about Bryn. That doesn't mean Jason doesn't get to see her but it does mean that he has no legal say in anything about Bryn from her medical care/needs, her schooling or religion. Again, Jason is NOT trying to change the custody status, Bethenny IS. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I agree with you, the custody arrangement is currently 50/50 with both parents having a say in Bryn's life but Bethenny filed for primary custody which means that she has final legal say about Bryn. That doesn't mean Jason doesn't get to see her but it does mean that he has no legal say in anything about Bryn from her medical care/needs, her schooling or religion. Again, Jason is NOT trying to change the custody status, Bethenny IS. 

She should just leave it like it is.  Bryn needs both parents, and from the looks of it, Jason seems like a good a Father.  If the kid is happy, they should just call it a day.  It should be all about Bryn.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

She should just leave it like it is.  Bryn needs both parents, and from the looks of it, Jason seems like a good a Father.  If the kid is happy, they should just call it a day.  It should be all about Bryn.

By all reports, Bryn is happy/well but Bethenny is not, she wants total control. The judge ordered an psych eval on Bryn and the hearing was set for June 10 but nothing has been said in the press about what happened. I suspect that Bethenny, if the hearing wasn't postponed, lost her bid for primary custody otherwise she would have announced it on SM and in interviews but again, nothing from her at all.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

By all reports, Bryn is happy/well but Bethenny is not, she wants total control. The judge ordered an psych eval on Bryn and the hearing was set for June 10 but nothing has been said in the press about what happened. I suspect that Bethenny, if the hearing wasn't postponed, lost her bid for primary custody otherwise she would have announced it on SM and in interviews but again, nothing from her at all.

I wonder if the psych eval was completed, but the results were not what Bethenny had hoped for. For sure if anything was happening in her favor she would ensure that it would have gone public somehow.

If this is the case, kadooz to Jason for not leaking it to the press.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I wonder if the psych eval was completed, but the results were not what Bethenny had hoped for. For sure if anything was happening in her favor she would ensure that it would have gone public somehow.

He didn't leak anything to the press the last custody battle or during the divorce. Any comment the tabloids/press used from his "side" were comments his lawyer made in court and culled directly from the court transcripts. 

• Love 7
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

He has never said anything so far I think, so will not discuss anything now.  For that, I give him credit.  To tell the truth, I’ve been team Jason from the beginning, and that’s my perogative and I don’t care what anyone thinks.  And, I’ve always liked his parents as they seem like decent people who seem to love Bryn to pieces.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 20
23 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

This is not information that Jason would be able to see.  In New York the HIPAA laws are respected in custody hearings.  The judge sees it.  The litigants get a very general summarization that is approved before they see it.  After all the reports are submitted to the judge/arbitrator then they make a decision.  So nobody gets kadzuus.  Jason doesn’t know what Bethenny’s says and she doesn’t know what his says.  Both as the parents see what Brynn said.  Although in some cases, in some states the guardian ad litem (or minors appointed rep) shields the result from both parents in the best interest of the child.  It is a very interesting court filing.

Often the custody challenge is brought to force a change in behavior as opposed to a change in custody.  I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the goal in Bethenny’s case.  She sure seems freaked about what will happen when the restraining order was lifted.

Watching SM it seems different.  The basic looks like the same Wed-Wed but the travel with Brynn has started again.  Plus a number of weeks she has had Brynn earlier than Wed and later than Wed.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

This is not information that Jason would be able to see.  In New York the HIPAA laws are respected in custody hearings.  The judge sees it.  The litigants get a very general summarization that is approved before they see it.  After all the reports are submitted to the judge/arbitrator then they make a decision.  So nobody gets kadzuus.  Jason doesn’t know what Bethenny’s says and she doesn’t know what his says.  Both as the parents see what Brynn said.  Although in some cases, in some states the guardian ad litem (or minors appointed rep) shields the result from both parents in the best interest of the child.  It is a very interesting court filing.

Often the custody challenge is brought to force a change in behavior as opposed to a change in custody.  I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the goal in Bethenny’s case.  She sure seems freaked about what will happen when the restraining order was lifted.

Watching SM it seems different.  The basic looks like the same Wed-Wed but the travel with Brynn has started again.  Plus a number of weeks she has had Brynn earlier than Wed and later than Wed.  

Sorry, my post was not very clear. I meant that if Bethenny lost her bid to pursue full custody, Jason has kept it quiet. Not sure if this is the case for sure. I wonder when we will find out what is happening there.

I have just a bit of experience with this. My husband sued for full custody of his daughter, he and his  ex went through the psych eval. Everyone was interviewed, including me. There were video observations of my husband interacting with his daughter, and also same with his ex.

The entire experience was completed in a very timely manner. The outcome was positive.

I wonder why Bethenny went for full custody? 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

There is no way to determine if there had been any change to the custody agreement by any post Bethenny puts on her SM because there is no way to verify when it was filmed/picture taken. Bethenny could easily be taking trips with Bryn during her normal visitation schedule and then posting them after she gets back to NYC. IMO, had Bethenny gotten any changes made to the existing custody order, she would be crowing about it on SM and in the press. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Sorry, my post was not very clear. I meant that if Bethenny lost her bid to pursue full custody, Jason has kept it quiet. Not sure if this is the case for sure. I wonder when we will find out what is happening there.

I have just a bit of experience with this. My husband sued for full custody of his daughter, he and his  ex went through the psych eval. Everyone was interviewed, including me. There were video observations of my husband interacting with his daughter, and also same with his ex.

The entire experience was completed in a very timely manner. The outcome was positive.

I wonder why Bethenny went for full custody? 

Because she is a control freak and she can't stand to share anything let alone her daughter with her father/his family (otherwise known as "Them"). LOL

• Love 13
(edited)
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yup, absolutely true.  I wonder where that case stands?  It means Bethenny can do all her travelling and work because she can hire a nanny or take Bryn with her without Jason's permission.   That is what she wants, full control, as in everything else.  

This article says the court date would have been May 10th, but I've read nothing about it.  

https://www.eonline.com/news/919535/judge-orders-bethenny-frankel-and-jason-hoppy-to-get-forensic-custody-evaluations-with-bryn

Edited by weaver
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, kicksave said:

I’ve never heard of a fish allergy before...shellfish allergy is pretty common though. Ramona knew it was fish soup...why didn’t she warn Bethenny? And yes...Bethany needs something! Mood stabilizers, Prozac or hormones...take your pick!

Beth says she hates taking pills, but in her case she needs something to calm her down before she has a heart attack from all her stress.  This court thing has to stop if she knows what’s good for her.  Court is the base of all her problems.  She’s never at rest.  Anybody can see that.  She’s got to come to an understanding with Jason once and for all.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

This is an example of someone hating their ex more than they love their child. Or perhaps I should say, allowing their hate for an ex to override the best interests of their child. 

All the money spent on legal fees would have been better spent on true, deep therapy and family counseling. 

• Love 23
(edited)

I don't follow any of these women on SM or in the tabloids so I only know what I see on the show and read here on PTV.   I'm not exactly sure of the difference between primary and sole custody either but I do know that joint custody comes in several flavors.   There is joint custody as it pertains to making decisions for the child, e.g., medical care, education, religion, social activities, etc.  That is common and makes sense.   The other joint custody scenario is a shared living arrangement (which I think is the case with Bryn) i.e., a child physically moves back and forth living in two different homes on an equal time pre-determined schedule.  I'm not in favor of this.    I think each parent should have adequate accommodations in their home for the child but IMO forcing that child to split their time living in two places is wrong especially as the child gets older and develops friendships.   When they're toddlers and pre-schoolers, it's not so bad.  I guess it wouldn't be as difficult if both parents lived in close proximity (e.g., in the same building or on the same block) but that's usually not the case after a divorce.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

I don't follow any of these women on SM or in the tabloids so I only know what I see on the show and read here on PTV.   I'm not exactly sure of the difference between primary and sole custody either but I do know that joint custody comes in several flavors.   There is joint custody as it pertains to making decisions for the child, e.g., medical care, education, religion, social activities, etc.  That is common and makes sense.   The other joint custody scenario is a shared living arrangement (which I think is the case with Bryn) i.e., a child physically moves back and forth living in two different homes on an equal time pre-determined schedule.  I'm not in favor of this.    I think each parent should have adequate accommodations in their home for the child but IMO forcing that child to split their time living in two places is wrong especially as the child gets older and develops friendships.   When they're toddlers and pre-schoolers, it's not so bad.  I guess it wouldn't be as difficult if both parents lived in close proximity (e.g., in the same building or on the same block) but that's usually not the case after a divorce.   

O.k. .. that makes sense.  So what exactly do they have now?  They must live near each other as Bryn is older now, goes to school and has friends, so she probably can live in two places.  I sort of remember that Jason’s parents live in the city now also.  That would be a big help also.  Anyhow, I love Bethenny on the show, love her wit and the hilarious things that come out of her mouth.  The only thing I don’t get is her marriage that was.  She met and married him and had Bryn.  Things went south quickly.  How could you love a person one minute and divorce him the next?  IMO, I don’t think he was so bad as portrayed.  We only heard her side.  She liked his parents one minute, then made fun of them and where they lived the next.  She switched from love( if it was love) to hate in a flash.  He took a lot of shit when living in her small apartment with all of her assistants in their faces all the time.  No privacy.  We don’t know his side at all, do we?  People paint him as a monster.  Where do they get that information?  From Bethenny?  If that’s the case, I don’t believe he was that bad.  She’s funny on the show, but living with her would be another story.  IMO, 50-50 is the right thing, but hey, I’m no expert.  We see one side .. hers.  I would just LOVE to hear his side, then we could state our opinion.  The guy has been quiet.  Whatever.  I also don’t do SM or read the tabloids.  So, how do we know the truth in all of this?  We can’t.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

O.k. .. that makes sense.  So what exactly do they have now?  They must live near each other as Bryn is older now, goes to school and has friends, so she probably can live in two places.  I sort of remember that Jason’s parents live in the city now also.  That would be a big help also.  Anyhow, I love Bethenny on the show, love her wit and the hilarious things that come out of her mouth.  The only thing I don’t get is her marriage that was.  She met and married him and had Bryn.  Things went south quickly.  How could you love a person one minute and divorce him the next?  IMO, I don’t think he was so bad as portrayed.  We only heard her side.  She liked his parents one minute, then made fun of them and where they lived the next.  She switched from love( if it was love) to hate in a flash.  He took a lot of shit when living in her small apartment with all of her assistants in their faces all the time.  No privacy.  We don’t know his side at all, do we?  People paint him as a monster.  Where do they get that information?  From Bethenny?  If that’s the case, I don’t believe he was that bad.  She’s funny on the show, but living with her would be another story.  IMO, 50-50 is the right thing, but hey, I’m no expert.  We see one side .. hers.  I would just LOVE to hear his side, then we could state our opinion.  The guy has been quiet.  Whatever.

They have a 50 50 split, Bryn is with 1 for a week then the other for the following week. They both live in the city, so not all that far from each other or her school. And both can make decisions, like medical, for her. Bethenny is now seeking to be THE only parent to make any/all decisions regarding Bryn and I suspect if she is successful in this, she will then go for sole custody and cut Jason out of Bryn's life for good.

Yes, we have only heard "her" side, Jason has never spoken about Bethenny, their divorce or Bryn's custody publicly throughout any of this. Oh, and Bethenny now blames Andy/production/Bravo for her marrying Jason, she claims they "pressured" her into getting married! In other words, nothing is ever Bethenny's fault, ever! LOL

• Love 7