Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Everyone in town knowing the ugly things he sprewed  at his ex wife.  

Yes, that sounds like every loving mother's dream -- that her child be exposed to the co-dependence in her mother's relationship with her father, a man she was instrumental in having arrested, who walked free when the charges proved baseless.

7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Bethenny is full of crap 

She really is (she also tampered with her ex's reputation, and not accidentally or as a side effect -- she knew exactly what she was doing, imo).

Edited by film noire
punctuation! arghgh!
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Jason walks free in 6 months.  Tainted but free.  Thousands out of his bank account.  Everyone in town knowing the ugly things he sprewed  at his ex wife.  All out there on google so that someday Brynn can see how a man treats a woman and find that for herself.     He may walk but it isn’t free.  And that speaks volumes.

What, that he sent her mother emails pertaining to her and that her mother didn't feel the need to respond back? I believe that Bryn will realize that her mother was as guilty of nasty behavior as was her father. I also think she will see that her mother loved to slam her father in public but that he never stooped as low. MMV and all.

• Love 14

Guys, I'm just going to stop this now before it snowballs because there's already little hints that we need to remind you to 1) Agree to disagree and 2) you are literally never going to change anyone on the internet's mind so please 3) stop. Re-read. Think. How would you feel if the post you just wrote was directed at you? Because 4) No one here is right, and no one is wrong. Some people hate Bethenney and love Jason. They are right for themselves some people hate Jason and love Bethenney and they are also right for themselves and on and on in never ending iterations. Your opinions are yours. Please please please stop trying to impose them on others. 

• Love 5
On 10/24/2017 at 0:57 AM, film noire said:

"Hoppy's lawyer, Alex Spiro, said Monday that Frankel’s reports were scrutinized. “It is clear from the trajectory of this case that her claims were not substantiated and credited and her motive was questioned,” he said. “Mr. Hoppy is looking forward to moving on with his life.”

Seems to me that the "trajectory of the case" led to additional charges being brought against Jason recently, so I am not sure how the "trajectory of the case" makes it clear that Bethenny's claims were not substantiated and her motives were questioned. Nice attempt at spin, though,  Lawyer Man. 

The more reasonable interpretation of the trajectory of the case (in my opinion) is that the police and prosecutors believed Jason needed to be reigned in  before his behavior escalated, so they arrested him and filed charges.  He then shut his yap and played nice for long enough to convince them he was getting his shit together and could be trusted, so they gave him this deal which requires him to maintain his shit in a state of togetherness for long enough to show that he has learned his lesson. Then he will be off the hook.  I don't get any sense that Beth's motives or claims were not taken seriously from this at all.  Feels like your standard first-time offender, non-violent offense offer that happens every day. 

What it boils down to is that Bethenny basically got what she wanted - Jason can no longer "communicate as he sees fit" or fly up on her in public and freak out.  I don't think she really wanted to see him in jail, for Bryn's father to be a jailbird, lol.  Lord knows it would have probably just made him worse. She just wanted to be left the hell alone and now that will happen.  I would wager she is fine with how it turned out.  

• Love 13
18 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What it boils down to is that Bethenny basically got what she wanted - Jason can no longer "communicate as he sees fit" or fly up on her in public and freak out.  I don't think she really wanted to see him in jail, for Bryn's father to be a jailbird, lol.  Lord knows it would have probably just made him worse. She just wanted to be left the hell alone and now that will happen.  I would wager she is fine with how it turned out.  

This exactly, IMO. I didn't see her wanting Jason in jail.  I think she wanted for Jason to leave her alone. Now he has been told by legal folks who have the ability to take away his freedom that he has to do just that. He has been told by folks other than Bethenny and her gang that his behavior was wrong. He cannot excuse it away. These folks read all of his communications. While they might not have believed it went to the level of locking him away, they did believe that his actions were not those of a reasonable person in his situation. And now he will stop. Hopefully. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Now he has been told by legal folks who have the ability to take away his freedom that he has to do just that

Only for six months. She stated she wanted a permanent no contact order, so she did not get what she wanted.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Only for six months. She stated she wanted a permanent no contact order

True, six months isn't that long but hopefully it will be enough time for Jason to get some help dealing with his emotions and change his behavior patterns, essentially giving Bethenny the long-term relief she was seeking without the complications a permanent restraint order would cause for everyone. 

The calendar image is too funny, Jel. I imagine Jason just sitting there seething about some petty issue and fighting the urge to fire off one of his hateful little missives, lol. I give him only a 50-50 chance of making it to dismissal if he doesn't get real therapy.  I hope for Bryn's sake he gets his act together. She is getting older and becoming more and more aware and she doesn't need this drama in her life.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 8

I give him only a 50-50 chance of making it to dismissal if he doesn't get real therapy.

If there is anyone in his life that wants him healthy and happy and more importantly Brynn healthy and happy they will insist he get therapy.  Sandwiching some misc question about Brynn into an email that derides her mother for being old, ugly and irrelevant is just sick.  And lets be honest.  If some father showed up at your child’s school to scream at his ex ... is this someplace you’d let your child go for a sleep over?  

He’s got 6 months to get his shit together.  He’s had almost 8 months already so hopefully he’s done something about his decision that abuse it the way to communicate.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I give him only a 50-50 chance of making it to dismissal if he doesn't get real therapy.

He has already gone longer than six months without contacting her so I doubt this will be a strain for him. 

• Love 7

He has already gone longer than six months without contacting her so I doubt this will be a strain for him. 

Depends.  A lot of abusers see their time in court as sticking it to their victim.  They will drag things out so that their victim is kept on edge as to what will happen.  So for a lot of abusers the clock starts when they are done with court.

• Love 7

Then lets hope he's learned something, and isn't *really* watching the calendar with "In 99 days I can start emailing Bethenny daily again, in 98 days I can start emailing Bethenny again..."

If there is a next time - and do note I said if - it will only work against him if it can be shown that *when Jason is threatened with a possible record, Jason can comply, and as soon as that threat is gone, Jason resumes bad behavior*.

I hope he's learned the right lessons here.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Depends.  A lot of abusers see their time in court as sticking it to their victim.  They will drag things out so that their victim is kept on edge as to what will happen.  So for a lot of abusers the clock starts when they are done with court.

Jason did nothing to drag out the case, all of the delays were because of the prosecution.

Perhaps Jason has realized that not having to deal with Bethenny is a priceless gift.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

On loving men: I am adding b to the Hale Berry love them, make a baby with them and then destroy them category. 

Seriously, both of them would have been so much happier if they had just gone to a sperm bank!

• Love 8
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:15 PM, WireWrap said:

Their child custody agreement/court order was in effect for about 3 years when she had Jason arrested (it was settled before she returned to the show), so it is possible that Bethenny thought that if Jason was found guilty or plead guilty to these charges it would/could help her in another custody battle. At this point, I hope both of them leave the other in the past and concentrate on Bryn only.

3 years?  Jeez, time flies!

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:05 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

You know the main thing I got from this dragged-out mess of shit?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5009563/Bethenny-Frankel-s-ex-cops-deal.html

What the ADA said-

'It is clear from the trajectory of this case that her claims were not substantiated or credited and that their motive was questioned,' the attorney said. 

I worked in the Manhattan DA office, a little over 15 years ago, as an ADA myself & I know for a fact that it's a very well-run & extremely organized place -- with a hard-working & top-notch staff. 

So Bethenny, don't try & say that Jason got off easy.  Eh, It's exactly what I thought all along.  She used the system (with her SkinnyGirl dough) to get rid of an annoyance & make Jason look worse & it didn't work for her.  She is such a disgusting character.  Look, Jason ain't no bargain either.  But she is absolutely a disgusting character.  That's just who she is thru & thru.  Shrugging, & rolling eyes hard -- whatever . . . 

Not said by the ADA.  Not sure if the Daily Mail updated the page since you saw it, but now there are 2 (virtually identical) paragraphs:

'It is clear from the trajectory of this case that her claims were not substantiated or credited and that their motive was questioned,' the attorney said. 

Hoppy's lawyer said that the ruling was a clear sign that Frankel's claims 'were not substantiated or credited and that their motive was questioned'

It looks like a badly worded attempt to quote Jason's lawyer.  And it just doesn't sound like a DA's office to say this publically.

As to the Manhattan DA's office being very professional, there are several recent questions about people with power having pull over DA Vance.  I doubt B has the kind of clout needed for this, but.....

• Love 6

Thanks for clearing that up, Mrs. Peel, cuz I remember thinking what kind of dumbass ADA would say that considering they were the ones who brought the charges in the first place. 

ETA: "Brought" or "filed" or whatever it is they do.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 7
On 10/24/2017 at 3:57 AM, film noire said:

I think the Daily Mail misattributed a quote from Spiro (Hoppy's lawyer) to the ADA, Scoobie -- both the Daily News and Us credit Spiro with it:

"Hoppy's lawyer, Alex Spiro, said Monday that Frankel’s reports were scrutinized. “It is clear from the trajectory of this case that her claims were not substantiated and credited and her motive was questioned,” he said. “Mr. Hoppy is looking forward to moving on with his life.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/bethenny-frankel-ex-husband-takes-plea-deal-stalking-case-article-1.3582923

“We are pleased but not all surprised that the charges were dismissed,” the pharmaceutical executive’s attorney Alex Spiro told reporters after Monday’s hearing. “It is clear from the trajectory of this case that her claims were not substantiated or credited given that their motive was questioned. Mr. Hoppy looks forward to moving on with his life and his daughter.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bethenny-frankels-ex-jason-hoppy-issued-6-month-stay-away-order/

That makes more sense. I found it hard to believe an ADA would comment like that about a possible victim.  What a waste of time and money on the state's side and Bethany and Jason's sides. Although who cares about Bethany and Jason  wasting their money. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I dunno ... for people who tend to obsess, they can keep it together for a while, but eventually they blow ...

14 hours ago, QuinnM said:

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Jason did nothing to drag out the case, all of the delays were because of the prosecution.

Jason was offered essentially the same " behave yourself" plea deal that he just accepted ages ago but he refused to take it.   So in that sense he was indeed dragging things out himself, a choice that conveniently allowed him to remain engaged in conflict with Bethenny.  I wonder how long he will be able to hold it together now that he has been totally muzzled, with no outlet for his anger.  

The clock is ticking, indeed. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Jason was offered essentially the same " behave yourself" plea deal that he just accepted ages ago but he refused to take it

The reported deal had him pleading guilty, having a record and anger management classes. This outcome means him never pleading for shit and all charges dismissed. Not the same at all.

Under the NY Statute this isn't even considered a deal. Also, it can only been offered in misdemeanor cases so the felony charges were reduced or dismissed. 

• Love 7

I feel like, reading between the lines that during this six months they’ve hired a custody communicator or some sort of handler as a go between and it all got dismissed because 1) the DA knew nothing would stick, 2) Bethenny doesn’t have to deal with him directly so she gets the ability to communicate with a reasonable party (in her opinion) and he gains the ability to communicate about his daughter with a reasonable party (in his opinion...and mine). 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The reported deal had him pleading guilty, having a record and anger management classes. This outcome means him never pleading for shit and all charges dismissed.

I'm sure that to Jason, the differences between deals you noted is important.  It gives him something to cling to so he can feel like he won, or at least beat the worst of the charges. But if you break it down, I'm not sure he really came out that far ahead of the original deal he was offered. 

Often deals of his type have lots of strings attached, counseling and anger management training among the most common. I would guess Jason had such a requirement as part of his plea - he sure as hell needs it. So he probably didn't manage to escape that aspect of what was originally offered.

And it's not as if this second deal didn't come without a price tag. While Jason may not have had to plead guilty or have a permanent criminal record, the fact is that all the publicity generated by his case as it dragged on and on means everyone knows about it (and it's embarrassing details) and has formed an opinion. Many people believe him to be guilty (or nuts or worse). Of course that's not the same thing as actually admitting guilt, but a conviction in the court of public opinion is not insignificant.  And it will follow him around for the rest of his life, just like a criminal record would.  He will never be able to erase it from the internet or people's memories. 

I realize someone may not want to live with the stigma of a guilty plea and criminal record (aside from the being embarrassing, it can have employment and other consequences) but the fact is Jason is still facing that risk. This deal didn't make that go away.  There is no guarantee he will make it through the next six months without getting into trouble again.  If he does, he is right back where he started ... or, depending on what he does, he could end up facing even more charges. And more publicity. And generating more stories for his daughter to read one day. 

I'm just not convinced that in Jason's case, this second deal is the greatest bargain ever made given how he will basically still endure many of the same repercussions he faced with the first one.  But that is just one of the hazards of being a D minus list celebrity, I guess. Your shit gets put out there to entertain people. You won't get the chance to live it down because the public loses interest and moves on. And you are forever stuck being "that guy" who did whatever dumb ass thing. That's the position I see Jason in.  I fear he is going to find it difficult to live with, criminal record or not.

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Under the NY Statute this isn't even considered a deal. Also, it can only been offered in misdemeanor cases so the felony charges were reduced or dismissed. 

The charges were reduced as part of the offer, not in advance as if the case fell apart. It's the state's part of the compromise. It may not technically fall under the heading "deal" in the statute, but it is in reality exactly that ... a deal negotiated by the parties.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

sure that to Jason, the differences between deals you noted is important.  It gives him something to cling to so he can feel like he won, or at least beat the worst of the charges. But if you break it down, I'm not sure he really came out that far ahead of the original deal he was offered. 

Not having a criminal record seems a very real difference to me.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Not having a criminal record seems a very real difference to me.

Lots of people are still held in public contempt despite escaping convictions, though... Lizzie Borden, OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony. 

Of course I'm not putting our Jason on the same level as them, heh ... just pointing out that social stigma is not limited to only those who end up with a criminal record. Shitty publicity stinks for a lifetime, especially when you are nobody like Jason with very little means to redeem yourself in the public eye - and you have the power and control issues he seems to have. 

I don't think anything short of a total acquittal would please him. He didn't get that. Record or no record, I would bet he is one bitter, frustrated guy. 

• Love 7
Just now, Celia Rubenstein said:

don't think anything short of a total acquittal would pleae him. He didn't get that. Record or no record, I would bet he is one bitter, frustrated guy. 

All charges will dismissed. I imagine Jason is crazy happy but since he hasn't given an interview who knows.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

All charges will dismissed. 

The charges don't go away unless he can behave for six months.  It's not a given that will happen. 

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I imagine Jason is crazy happy but since he hasn't given an interview who knows.

I imagine him as being very angry he was falsely accused, publicly humiliated by being arrested and booked, forced to spend a fortune defending himself, and that Bethenny essentially got her way so far as barring him from contacting her.  

Now with the pressure on even higher for the next six months, knowing how easy it would be for Bethenny to have him arrested again if he does the slightest thing, that she has that power over him .... happy is not the word I would use to describe him, lol

It seems to me the only way a person would be crazy happy with the way things turned out is if he knew he was totally guilty and felt like he had dodged a bullet by getting this deal. But I think Jason lacks the capacity to accept that he did anything wrong and totally sees himself as the innocent victim in all this, and he is anything but happy right now.

• Love 7

All charges will dismissed. I imagine Jason is crazy happy but since he hasn't given an interview who knows.

Ah... but you're not crazy angry, biakbiak :)

It does make a difference. 

I hope this isn't Jason's mindset but having seen it in some family members exes....

It is entirely possible that he is enraged at the idea that he is now publically on a leash for the next six months, especially if he considers himself blameless. And a lot of people who don't get smacked hard interpret the light smack as "I didn't do anything wrong! Why am I even in any trouble at all! RAGE!"

He didn't get the charges dismissed with a "you're innocent, Bethenny was a liar so walk free!" - the charges will be dismissed in six months if he continues to ALTER HIS BEHAVIOR. He's not free to email Bethenny daily as he wishes and as he pointedly told her in that one released email that he planned to do. If he wants the charges dismissed, he has to do as Bethenny wants and stay on the leash like Bethenny's little trained dog, not yelping his displeasure. One wrong move and he's punished and everyone knows he's a little whipped bitch dog who isn't even allowed to speak to Bethenny unless he wants to go to jail.

I personally hope Jason doesn't have the sort of rage issues I just outlined. 

• Love 8

If he behaves for six months, but starts up again in the seventh month, will that have any kind of legal impact? Or is it more he met the requirements of this agreement, so it (this thing he just got) won't factor in?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Lemons said:

That makes more sense. I found it hard to believe an ADA would comment like that about a possible victim.  What a waste of time and money on the state's side and Bethany and Jason's sides. Although who cares about Bethany and Jason  wasting their money. 

The DA would never want to open themselves up to a malicious prosecution claim by making a comment like that.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The DA would never want to open themselves up to a malicious prosecution claim by making a comment like that.

Prosecutors are also way too team-oriented to speak out like that and they tend to have trouble admitting they were wrong about anything.  

I knew someone was being misquoted the minute I saw that, lol

• Love 7

Jason will always be that dude who was arrested for stalking and harassing his ex. Always. He will be the dude that the criminal justice system said was behaving in a way that was inappropriate and unacceptable and warned to stop if he wanted to keep hold of his freedom. Every time there is an article or a mention of him, there will be a mention of the fact that he was once told by legal authorities that the behavior he thought normal was in fact not normal. That he had to be threatened to act differently in the future. He might not be in jail, but it will always be there and always some will wonder if he would have continued to behave like a first class asshole had folks in authority not told him to stop. That is his future. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

M9st people don't know who the hell Jason Hoppy is and there most likely won't be articles written a about him in the future.

Of course. Most people won't know who the hell he is, but some people will. Not random people like us, but people who might actually play an active and important role in his life. People who want to hire him for a job, get involved in a relationship with him, parents of kids who are friends with is daughter. People who might want to give him the side-eye because to some he sounds like a guy with a bit of a problem controlling himself. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

Of course. Most people won't know who the hell he is, but some people will. Not random people like us, but people who might actually play an active and important role in his life. People who want to hire him for a job, get involved in a relationship with him, parents of kids who are friends with is daughter. People who might want to give him the side-eye because to some he sounds like a guy with a bit of a problem controlling himself. 

He has maintained the same job for quite a while. This type of custody problems are pretty common and unless something drastic occurs, I doubt that his reputation will change.

I am glad that the situation is over and I am willing to give the dude a chance.

who hasn't sent stupid emails and engage in crazy cyber stalking during a break up? There was zero violence.

Yes, he was wrong but imo it is his past.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

He has maintained the same job for quite a while. This type of custody problems are pretty common and unless something drastic occurs, I doubt that his reputation will change.

I am glad that the situation is over and I am willing to give the dude a chance.

who hasn't sent stupid emails and engage in crazy cyber stalking during a break up? There was zero violence.

Yes, he was wrong but imo it is his past.

*raises hand*  Um, I can easily state that I have never sent stupid emails or engaged in crazy cyber stalking during a break up.  Sorry but that isn't normal behavior. 1-2 stupid emails, you get a pass.  But 600+ emails...  That's a whole 'nother story.  

I hope he takes the warning well and adjusts his behavior accordingly. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, smores said:

It is, but, the reality is that you can not hire someone for a multitude of reasons and it's really hard to prove that the ONLY reason you weren't hired was because of the arrest.  

I am aware but working in HR this wouldn't be a read flag if actual references checked out.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Exactly.

Kids and young people are constantly being warned to remember that whatever they put out on social media now can be seen by people later. And of course what they don't put out out there themselves can still be found easily. All it takes is one Google search. Jason's business was actually written up  in all the tabloids. People won't even have to make a special effort digging through his social media to learn about him ...  it would take them about two seconds to Google him and find out everything.

The list of people who may look at Jason differently because of his arrest is long ... future employers, relationship partners, his kid's friend's parents, just like you said, Gundysgirl. I would add to that list his customers, co-workers, neighbors, people at the gym ... anyone who has contact with him on any kind of personal or business level. And he will never be sure what effect the arrest is having on what people think of him or how it is effecting his prospects. And it will never go away. 

It may not be a conviction or guilty plea, but even being arrested for being a stalker is a pretty damning thing to many people.

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It's illegal to not hire someone based on an arrest.

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I am aware but working in HR this wouldn't be a read flag if actual references checked out.

If being arrested didn't matter to employers, it wouldn't be a question on every job application on earth.

6 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

*raises hand*  Um, I can easily state that I have never sent stupid emails or engaged in crazy cyber stalking during a break up.  Sorry but that isn't normal behavior.

Nope, no email/cyber stalking from me, either ... that is not how one moves on from a break up in a healthy way, I agree.

• Love 7
On 10/28/2017 at 0:02 PM, biakbiak said:

Probably no interview because no one cares. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

being arrested didn't matter to employers, it wouldn't be a question on every job application on earth.

The question on most job applications is if you are convicted of a crime. I also didn't say it didn't matter just that it is illegal to make an arrest the reason for not hiring someone. You can't ask in NY or in California and many other states about arrests and in Jason's case his arrest will be vacated so he wouldn't be required to divulge it on any job application in any state. 

7 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Probably no interview because no one cares. 

I agree which is why I don't think this will haunt Jason.

• Love 4

Employers google, too.  They might even do a preliminary Google search before deciding who they want to see for an interview. Or so I have heard.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Jel said:

Employers google, too.  They might even do a preliminary Google search before deciding who they want to see for an interview. Or so I have heard.

he is a very successful pharm rep. As long as he hustles they don't care. There was no violence and his sales record speaks for itself.

Whatever happened is ugly but he is not a danger for potential co workers or clients, imo.

now, if one of my girls were to date the man, I would gladly let her know about his crazy behaviors.

• Love 5

he is a very successful pharm rep.

Is he?

I'm not trying to be flip or snarky. His work, and his success at it, really never seems to be mentioned in any article and I thought he stopped being a pharmaceutical rep when the show was active.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Is he?

I'm not trying to be flip or snarky. His work, and his success at it, really never seems to be mentioned in any article and I thought he stopped being a pharmaceutical rep when the show was active.

He sure is or so I heard.

he reps for a very well known firm with blockbuster products. He might not be up to Bethany's expectation but he does quite well.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It's illegal to not hire someone based on an arrest.

It's illegal to not hire someone for a whole host of reasons. Employers still do it every day. They just call it something else. It is illegal to not hire someone because they are pregnant, or black, brown or old. Yet it still happens all the time. 

2 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Is he?

I thought the same thing. I know what he use to do, but wasn't aware he was still employed in this industry. It is just never mentioned in any of the articles I have read, and I remember reading someone say he had given up his career to work for Bethenny, but no word that he had gone back to doing what he had done before. 

11 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

*raises hand*  Um, I can easily state that I have never sent stupid emails or engaged in crazy cyber stalking during a break up.  Sorry but that isn't normal behavior. 1-2 stupid emails, you get a pass.  But 600+ emails...  That's a whole 'nother story.  

I hope he takes the warning well and adjusts his behavior accordingly. 

Raising my hand high. Have never done anything remotely like this. 

Edited by gundysgirl
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The list of people who may look at Jason differently because of his arrest is long ... future employers, relationship partners, his kid's friend's parents

Yes. The reality is, in many cases, if you are going to send your young daughter over to a sleepover at the home of a child who has a single father, some are going to be extra cautious. They just are. In that way, it sucks for him. My brother-in-law fought hard for custody of his daughter when she was three. She was sexually abused by her mother, but no one knew that. The thing that hurt the most was that many parents would not let their daughter spend the night at his home. And they told him that. And he is such a good guy. But then imagine a situation where you realize that the father seems to have some issues. Some anger issues. Some issues with boundaries. Issues that got him arrested. Issues that he was unable to deal with save for the intervention of the court system making him stop.  I think that many people would give this some serious thought before they dropped off their daughter at his pad. 

• Love 5