Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

(edited)

I did not believe one word of the story where Jason and Bethenny were shopping around for their own reality show.  Jason never even made a comment to the press.

It was my understanding that per the original pre-nuptial agreement there were provisions within the original for modifications if there were substantial circumstances affecting the terms of the original agreement.  Jason could not force Bethenny to enter into a new agreement.  I just don't think Bethenny could ever be emotionally blackmailed into doing anything adverse to her financial interest.  My guess was always once Jason left his employment and went to work for the Skinny Girl empire such a circumstance was triggered.

I always got the impression these two were pretty much over and done after Bethenny got the Jim Beam deal.   Maybe it was because Jason was a dolt or maybe it was because Bethenny just wanted someone who was on par with her in the earnings and wealth department. 

Had Bethenny's testimony been met with overwhelming support I do not think the case would have been settled.  Jason was not asking for all that much-joint/shared custody.  Once Bethenny capitulated there would be no need for Jason's attorney to continue.  He essentially got what he asked for so why continue a trial?  The Court does have the power to put a halt to the proceedings if one side folds.  I was disappointed in the utter thoughtlessness of the two of them settling this matter before hearing more testimony.  Selfish bastards.   

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

Jason was asking for all that much-joint/shared custody.  Once Bethenny capitulated there would be no need for Jason's attorney to continue.  He essentially got what he asked for so why continue a trial?

But, there was never a question of the two of them sharing physical custody. It was only a question of who would be the primary decision maker in case the two of them couldn't agree and who would be listed as primary for tax reasons. So, I'm not sure that Bethenny actually capitulated on anything as there was nothing to capitulate on. 

• Love 2

I think the "take it now" or the offer is off the table was definitely part of the package. Bethenny had to fear what would come out under cross-examination. Don't you think if she thought she was going to win she would have kept going. Say what you want about her she is not a quitter.

Her brand has taken a big hit with the divorce and the failed talk show. She needed to stop the bleeding. Now.

• Love 4

Bethenny had to fear what would come out under cross-examination.

I'm really not sure I agree with this. As you said, Bethenny is not a quitter. So, I don't think she would have even taken the stand in the first place if she were afraid of what would come out under cross examination. She is way too into making sure it's a fight she can win before going in. Plus, she is well aware of all of her antics that have been caught on camera and has taken ownership of said antics without blinking.

I do think that she was probably advised to shell out more money and make it go away in order to stop hurting her brand. But, I would be willing to bet that she didn't do it willingly. It simply isn't her MO.

Since custody was never a real issue (they were always going to share physical custody), I suspect that Jason was holding out for more money and Bethenny finally took her lawyer's advice and paid it. 

I think the settlement being reached before Bethany's testimony can be viewed from two sides. It's entirely possible that B did want to have to avoid being questioned on the stand and thought she might have to admit to damaging things. It's also possible Jason did not want her to testify because of what she could say about him or evidence she could present to contradict his version of events. It could go either way.

Well we have to agree to disagree. As I understand it Bethenny was able to put out what she wanted to say on direct with her attorney and Jason's attorney did not have a chance to question her. She short circuited that by offering an "enhanced" settlement. I could have it wrong and would be happy to be enlightened by someone who knows more about it.  

As far as the custody part I guess it is a battle to not let her move to California. I could be wrong.

• Love 1

I don't think she would have even taken the stand in the first place if she were afraid of what would come out under cross examination. She is way too into making sure it's a fight she can win before going in. Plus, she is well aware of all of her antics that have been caught on camera and has taken ownership of said antics without blinking.

There are TONS of secrets behind reality tv. Jason could have spilled the beans about any and all of it. Plus, there's all the private stuff about Bethenny and her life that could seriously damage her image if he went public with it. If something as stupid and trivial as "Jason and his father walked around the apt. in their underwear and ate food off the craft services table" makes the trial as hurtful testimony, just imagine what Jason had on her.

• Love 1

But, there was never a question of the two of them sharing physical custody. It was only a question of who would be the primary decision maker in case the two of them couldn't agree and who would be listed as primary for tax reasons. So, I'm not sure that Bethenny actually capitulated on anything as there was nothing to capitulate on. 

She did capitulate.  She wanted the primary custody.  She agreed to the shared custody.  The tax consequences is nothing in this case.  It was about having the ultimate control and she didn't get it.

• Love 2

OK, Jason haters & Jason bashers or Jason not-likers or whatever term you wanna use for yourselves cuz Jason reminds you of an ex who treated you badly -- what about that Jason has held a pretty decent job for the whole time he was courting & married Beths?  Does that say anything about his character?  After all, he coulda been a jobless bum like Slade or a struggling actor wannabe like Kelly's pretend boyfriend, Max, right?  OK, running & ducking the Jason haters . . .

Btw, I'm not so sure I believe that story bout Jason shopping around a reality show.  And even if it's true, so the fuck what?  Meantime, the guy still has his pharm rep job.  Sorry, Jason-haters, I'm still not seeing him as the devil so many on here do. 

• Love 3
(edited)

She did capitulate.  She wanted the primary custody.  She agreed to the shared custody.  The tax consequences is nothing in this case.  It was about having the ultimate control and she didn't get it.

One of them still has primary custody. Unless they have decided that going to court anytime a legal decision for Bryn has to be made if they don't agree. Then, one of them has to have primary custody. It was never about sharing physical custody of Bryn.

ETA: New York Law would require one of them to be listed as the primary custodial parent. That is why the both originally filed for it. Jason dropped his petition for whatever reason (Maybe PR, Maybe he didn't think he could win - who knows). But, this was never about sharing Bryn or Bethenny cutting Jason out of  Bryn's life. It was about New York legal requirements.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 4
(edited)

I did not believe one word of the story where Jason and Bethenny were shopping around for their own reality show.  Jason never even made a comment to the press.

Me, neither.  I can NOT see Jason, nor Bethenny, (but I feel more confident about Jason) putting that little girl on display - ever again - in any show.  I just googled Jason and Bryn to see if there were many pictures of them together because if there were and they looked staged or like Jason had called the paps, I might've changed my mind about that.

But all I came away with is that he is cah-ray-zee for that little girl and she, him.  I just said, "awww" a dozen times. Being a good daddy is hot.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1
(edited)

Me, neither.  I can NOT see Jason, nor Bethenny, (but I feel more confident about Jason) putting that little girl on display in any show.  I just googled Jason and Bryn to see if there were many pictures of them together because if there were and they looked staged or like Jason had called the paps, I might've changed my mind about that.

But all I came away with is that he is cah-ray-zee for that little girl and she, him.  I just said, "awww" a dozen times. Being a good daddy is hot.

Didn't they both put Bryn on display already?  Jason and Bethenny both allowed her to be filmed for the reality shows, so they've both shown they have no problem with putting Bryn on display and in front of the cameras. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

One of them still has primary custody. Unless they have decided that going to court anytime a legal decision for Bryn has to be made if they don't agree. Then, one of them has to have primary custody. It was never about sharing physical custody of Bryn.

ETA: New York Law would require one of them to be listed as the primary custodial parent. That is why the both originally filed for it. Jason dropped his petition for whatever reason (Maybe PR, Maybe he didn't think he could win - who knows). But, this was never about sharing Bryn or Bethenny cutting Jason out of  Bryn's life. It was about New York legal requirements.

I'm not an expert on New York child custody laws but everything I've read says joint custody equals joint decision with veto power.

http://research.lawyers.com/new-york/child-custody-in-new-york.html

Also, from what I've read, Bethenny was the one who filed for primary custody and then Jason filed when she did that.  I don't know if he withdrew  the petition.  Maybe someone has a link.

Didn't they both put Bryn on display already?  Jason and Bethenny both allowed her to be filmed for the reality shows, so they've both shown they have no problem with putting Bryn on display and in front of the cameras.

I distinctly remember Bethenny addressing this either during the last season of Bethenny Ever After or afterwards (I think on WWHL with Andy). She said that yes, Bryn was on the show as a baby, but that she wouldn't film her as she got older because it wouldn't be her (Bryn's) choice, and that wouldn't be fair to her....sort of saying that she and Jason were adults and old enough to make the decision for themselves, but Bryn wasn't. Something like that - you get the idea! I think she might have changed her mind when she got her talk show, because I remember Jason disallowing Bryn to be on the show when Bethenny wanted to use her in segments featuring little girls. But I applauded her (and Jason, I guess) for her initial stance.

She said that yes, Bryn was on the show as a baby, but that she wouldn't film her as she got older because it wouldn't be her (Bryn's) choice, and that wouldn't be fair to her....sort of saying that she and Jason were adults and old enough to make the decision for themselves, but Bryn wasn't.

I kind of remember something like this, but it seems like BS to me as Bryn was being filmed for the show, so they were already making the choice for Bryn. 

Also, if Jason didn't want Bethenny to use Bryn on her talk show (I don't know because I didn't watch) then I suspect he did that to exert control over Bethenny and not in protection of Bryn. 

Also, if Jason didn't want Bethenny to use Bryn on her talk show (I don't know because I didn't watch) then I suspect he did that to exert control over Bethenny and not in protection of Bryn.

Maybe it was for both reasons? That's my guess.

As for parents who exploit their children on reality tv - I abhor it, but....babies? I soften my stance a little bit on that because, well, they're just babies. When you're older, can you really be embarrassed about how you were as a baby? (Although the parents are still guilty of exploiting the kids...)

Jason didn't pull the plug on Bryn being on the talk show until the divorce was underway. He had no problem with her being on the show prior to that and even appeared on the show with Bryn. 

I kind of remember something like this, but it seems like BS to me as Bryn was being filmed for the show, so they were already making the choice for Bryn. 

Exactly, one more of his manipulative maneuvers, he had no problem with being filmed for Bethenny show during the summer and Bryn being filmed for the talk show when they were together but then he suddenly got scruples when they separated?

Jason trying to be a host? A host of what? I thought his main reason for not wanting to work for Bethenny was his reluctance to quit his job because it provided him security and he hated taking risks. So I guess that might have been another of his fake claims.

The custody issue could not have been used to stop her from moving to LA , even with sole legal custody that can be stipulated as one of the items that required permission directly from the judge. It doesn't mean that if Bethenny got sole legal custody she can just take her daughter and move wherever she pleases, it doesn't work that way.

Jason didn't pull the plug on Bryn being on the talk show until the divorce was underway. He had no problem with her being on the show prior to that and even appeared on the show with Bryn. 

I am sensing an common theme with the RH group and their minor children being allowed on the show post divorce.  In the case of Bethenny and Tamra the minor were allowed to be filmed when both parents consented.  In the case of Camille and Brandi children were allowed on and then consent was withdrawn once Camille and Brandi started making harsh comments about their exes on air.  If I recall Brandi's first confessional started with, "I was married to the king of assholes."  So little wonder the children's father withdrew consent for the subsequent season.

In the case of the Hoppy and Barney children I always presumed it was a precautionary move by the fathers to not allow the children to be filmed once the couples filed for divorce.  It would be hard for me as a parent to tell a child they could not watch a show they were on.  Hopefully, in the case of Brandi her children don't watch her.

I think it should always be a joint decision to allow the children to film.  It is one that needs to be reviewed when the parties go their separate ways.  There are times I find the airing of the pain of the Giudice children a little too real.  Then again Milania calling her dad an "old troll" was entertaining.

I can see the movie now. "Not Without My Daughter 2- Daddy's Story."  With Rob Schneider as Jason, Shelly Duvall as Bethenny and Honey Boo Boo as Bryn.

I would watch that.

I would TOTALLY watch that show.

Good to know because I thought that happened all the time. Or are all of those Lifetime Movies wrong?

I guess each circumstance is different, I don't watch that channel but I do know that with custody arraignment or not when you move your child out of the state you must have the permission of the other parent or the court, otherwise it is called kidnapping. If the physical and legal custody hasn't been determined by the judge and you move the child to another state that hurts your chances of getting primary custody of your child. If the custody has been settled, then you must obtain a court order or the other parent express and written consent. I do have a friend who had to move from NY to NC for a better paying job and her ex agreed to it because her income will lower considerably his child support payment. The child spend the 9 months of school with her and the whole summer vacation with his father and they made it work.

The article has interesting information about this topic

http://www.legal-aid.org/en/las/kyr/custodyandvisitation.aspx

What if I have an order of custody, and I want to move to another state?

"Unless the child’s other parent has agreed to the move, a parent who seeks to relocate must first seek permission from the court, especially if the other parent has rights of visitation. This is true even if the parent seeking to move already has sole custody. Visitation is considered an important mutual right of both the child and the non-custodial parent, and the court must first determine whether such a move is in the child’s best interests before permitting a change that has the potential to affect the quality of the relationship between a child and the child’s non-custodial parent."

I could only side-eye Bethenny's screechfest talk show so I didn't see many episodes, but are you saying Jason and Bryn were on the talk show?  The one that just got cancelled?

OK, Jason haters & Jason bashers or Jason not-likers or whatever term you wanna use for yourselves cuz Jason reminds you of an ex who treated you badly --

I may not have had a dog in the fight before, but now --- my hackles are bristling. 

• Love 2

Well, my worst ex was nothing like Jason and I still think Jason isn't an innocent little boy in this marriage. I'm fully capable of seeing Bethenny in a bad light - she has a streak of self interest (I'm being kind) that isn't difficult to see. The problem... is that I see the same streak in Jason. Made worse in that its hard for Jason to not get the gold digger label. He did sign a pre-nup, his wife does make a ton more money than him and he take the settlement rather than have his day in court. Its hard to say he can't be bought when.... he can indeed be bought.

• Love 3

Zoloft Blob, his 'day in court' wasn't him fighting a tort that only impacted him or other adults -- it would involve testimony that would be public that tied into a custodial fight over their little girl.  I can't criticize anyone for coming to a settlement.  There has been **zero** proof that he was 'bought off' - just as there is zero proof that Bethenny lost what she most wanted in this fight.

(edited)

OK, Jason haters & Jason bashers or Jason not-likers or whatever term you wanna use for yourselves cuz Jason reminds you of an ex who treated you badly --

I don't hate Jason, I am happily married to a wonderful guy and consider myself lucky in that regard. I still don't like Jason. So please do not generalize with your profile. I just don't like Jason, period. I do not wonder why you don't like Bethenny as that is your prerrogative and it is mine to not like him. I also used to work doing secretarial work in a family law office so I happen to know about custody cases and what not so I knew since the beginning that this case was more of a media hype than what was really happening which is very standard.

I was able to see through his agenda since early on and the more I saw the more I didn't like. I saw through his passive aggresive antics as clear as the day is long , the first time a red flag rose for me was even before they were married.  Bethenny said she didn't want to get married until after the baby was born and Jason insisted on getting married before the baby came. Bethenny agreed and told him she wanted a very small wedding with only family and friends maybe 25 tops. Jason wasn't having it , he said he needed to invite to all his frat boys and altogether the count came to 75, which is fine. The problem for me was went he left everything up to her, if you want to have a big party then pull your weight,  Jason couldn't be bothered, he sat back let her do everything and when she dared to complain because he wasn't participating he looked at her in surprise, almost as if he expected that he didn't need to be bothered with anything. That is the first time when I thought this was not going to work, Jason was too happy sitting in the sidelines and letting others pull the weight, no initiative, no wonder he never excelled in his sales business. Bethenny was asking for his help in several occasions and all he bothered to do was to get the marriage license. Bethenny was pregnant, working on her book and also on her business ventures, in the meantime Jason has his regular job and could have helped much more but chose not to. Yest he had time to watch games and go regularly on golfing trips with his buddies.

Jason is IMO the classic passive agressive guy who is charming and comes across as very likeable to all but who does very underhanded crap behind close doors because that is how he manifests his anger. One thing is for sure if I wasn't sure before when Bethenny said time and time again that there was a different Jason who was not perfect behind closed doors, his behavior during the divorce has left me no doubt that in fact Jason was only playing up a character on TV.

Edited by Leroux
  • Love 8

Guys, sorry I didn't catch this earlier (LOTS to read here!) but please, don't make this personal, I'm not deleting anything because you all are quoting a lot and I don't want to make it confusing but from now on, snark the show (or in this case Bethenny and Jason) not each other. Quoting each other is fine, making assumptions and generalizations about each other isn't. I don't want to close this thread but I will if it continues to be a fighting ground. Thanks. 

I was able to see through his agenda since early on and the more I saw the more I didn't like. I saw through his passive aggresive antics as clear as the day is long , the first time a red flag rose for me was even before they were married.

I kept reserving judgement.  You know reminding myself that we are only seeing minutes of a life in the 30 minutes of tv.  But then the baby was coming.  Bethenny went into labor dangerously early.  She started throwing things in a bag and told Jason to call the hospital and the doctor.  We see her ask several times, who are you talking to?  Jason was calling friends and family.  She said call the doctor over and over.  It wasn't until her assistant took his phone away that he even helped his wife.  Then we watch her assistant call the hospital.  So that's when I decided I didn't care for this man.  Hate?  Puleeze he is only in my life on tv.  But I do have an opinion and it is not a good one.

• Love 3

Jason is IMO the classic passive agressive guy who is charming and comes across as very likeable to all but who does very underhanded crap behind close doors because that is how he manifests his anger. One thing is for sure if I wasn't sure before when Bethenny said time and time again that there was a different Jason who was not perfect behind closed doors, his behavior during the divorce has left me no doubt that in fact Jason was only playing up a character on TV.

First off, I don't hate Jason , I can't even bother to hate my ex and he was worst than him. I dislike his antics and his passive agressive ways , which brings me to the post above. I found a while ago this link and had it saved but forgot, I read it again today and it was ringing a bell all over  about Jason . I have copied some excerpts

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Living-With-the-Passive-Aggressive-Man/Scott-Wetzler/9780671870744/excerpt

" Problems arise with the passive-aggressive man because of his fatal flaw: an indirect and inappropriate way of expressing hostility hidden under the guise of innocence, generosity or passivity".

Passive-aggressive tactics aren't that easily read at first; it takes a while to figure out what this guy is getting at: the blur of meaning lies in his genius for creating discrepancies between how he pretends to be and how he acts, which is a better indicator of his true intentions and feelings. You're always receiving mixed messages because he wants you to guess what he wants almost as much as he wants to fool you or string you along

This is a man who's driven to appear above suspicion, guiltless and guileless. That's why you find that most passive-aggressive men negotiate the world as "nice guys" denying even the slightest hint of hostility or conflict.

He's the yesman. On occasion, his quick-change sentiments delivered to the right person at the right time may serve to get him what he wants. As a guy who just wants to fit in, he may reach some level of success, but he's a poor leader and decision maker; he avoids big responsibilities, and he'll stop short of a top spot.

Aggression employed to destroy, such as a husband who "accidentally" incinerates papers you need for work tomorrow, versus aggression used to build, such as fighting for what you believe is right, is more significant than how often the impulse is discharged.

The passive-aggressive man may pretend to be sweet or compliant, but beneath his superficial demeanor lies a different core. He's angry, petty, envious, and selfish. He's often not as good as he pretends to be, but neither is he as bad as he feels he is.

Very interesting article indeed.

Today. 6:54 am

Zoloft Blob, his 'day in court' wasn't him fighting a tort that only impacted him or other adults -- it would involve testimony that would be public that tied into a custodial fight over their little girl.  I can't criticize anyone for coming to a settlement.

And when this process started, Jason knew it was going to be public and about a custodial fight. He could have settled then and instead decided to run up his legal bills and keep the public eye on his custody fight.I think its a fair assumption that he got something better than what was origanally offered in order to settle but if this is about not dragging people to court and making things public, Jason could have spared us all and his little girl and taken the origanal offer.

Mind you, I don't think that was realistic, but I am not the one saying he settled to spare his little girl the public furor. I don't think the child was much on the minds of either participant and I really don't think either parent comes off as "the good one" in this.

• Love 1

I think its a fair assumption that he got something better than what was origanally offered in order to settle but if this is about not dragging people to court and making things public, Jason could have spared us all and his little girl and taken the origanal offer.

The other thing that we don't know is what else came up that wasn't part of Bethenny's testimony.  Unlike tv reports that outline $$ or the evaluation of the child are often delivered to litigants after the court room banter has started.  So for all we know Jason's forensic request was denied.  Or the report on their daughter's evaluation was delivered.  Then B/J came to a settlement.  The fact that Brynn's evaluation had information that one or both of the parents did not want made public or was damaging to one of them may have been the reason for settling.  

So please do not generalize with your profile. I just don't like Jason, period. I do not wonder why you don't like Bethenny as that is your prerrogative and it is mine to not like him.

I don't particularly dislike Bethenny.  I have found her funny & entertaining sometimes.  But I don't trust her & I think she's cagey.  Was she duped by Jason somehow?  Er, I have a hard time believing that.  I am indifferent to Jason.  I don't know enough about him especially to like or dislike him.  What has bothered me enormously is what I've seen (by some) as the projection of personal feelings & situations & experiences to judge him in an extremely negatively way.  Strikes me as being prejudiced & I didn't care for it.  

Now, on the other hand, Jason may be the terrible, awful guy so many here seem so truly convinced he is.  I still remain unconvinced or swayed by any comments I've seen here, to believe he is evil incarnate.  Too much is based on hearsay for me to come to a comfy conclusion about it.  

I am extremely annoyed Beths cut the court proceedings short cuz I woulda liked to have seen how it was gonna go.  I was hoping a shit-ton of juicy stuff was gonna be revealed, so I'm deeply disappointed.  Drats!

• Love 1

The other thing that we don't know is what else came up that wasn't part of Bethenny's testimony.  Unlike tv reports that outline $$ or the evaluation of the child are often delivered to litigants after the court room banter has started.  So for all we know Jason's forensic request was denied.  Or the report on their daughter's evaluation was delivered.  Then B/J came to a settlement.  The fact that Brynn's evaluation had information that one or both of the parents did not want made public or was damaging to one of them may have been the reason for settling.  

That is a possibility as well.

Bethenny has said that Jason had taught Bryn to refer to her as the witch , while dad was the prince and she was the princess so I wonder if during the psychological evaluations Bryn might have slipped something like this and was on the written reports. There are many possibilities to speculate about.

I agree with you about George. It doesn't mean that I hate the man, though. I just don't like him. Hate is too strong a word in my book.

In conclusion--I don't think that Jason was duped. I think he may be manipulative. I don't care for him. Yet, I don't hate Jason. It isn't one in the same.

I think one has to actually know a person to have such a strong emotion....we are only reacting to someone we do not have a personal relationship with.  I don't "connect" on such a personal level with Bravo housewives.

• Love 2

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jason-hoppy-hires-an-investor-to-help-in-his-divorce-battle-39279

The custody battle over their daughter, Bryn, may be over, but Bethenny Frankel and Jason Hoppy have yet to reach a divorce settlement after filling in January of 2013.

Now, as the divorce moves forward, In Touch Weekly can exclusively reveal that Jason has hired an investor to back him up in the proceedings. “It’s like a loan, in exchange for a stake in the outcome,” legal expert Bryan Konoski tells the new issue of In Touch, adding that the pharmaceutical sales exec now stands a better chance at getting what he wants.

And after Jason reportedly demanded a casual $10 million from Bethenny, insisting he helped launch her Skinnygirl cocktail brand, hiring an investor could get him just that. “The investor gets a percentage,” Konoski explains. “But it’s worth it.”

I'm confused. Wasn't the Skinny Girl brand already launched before Jason and Bethenny even met? I could have sworn that she worked with a business partner (whose name escapes me) to launch the brand if not prior to meeting Jason, then definitely prior to their marriage.

Am I remembering this wrong?

I'm confused. Wasn't the Skinny Girl brand already launched before Jason and Bethenny even met? I could have sworn that she worked with a business partner (whose name escapes me) to launch the brand if not prior to meeting Jason, then definitely prior to their marriage.

Am I remembering this wrong?

You are not remembering wrong. I remember when Bethenny provided 20k worth of her cocktail for Jill's charity event.

That charity event was taped in October 2008 iirc , Bethenny hadn't even met Jason then , they never met until the end of 2008 and only started dating exclusively until June 2009.

For Jason to clim that he had anything to do with launching, negotiating or even helping is IMO a joke.

(edited)
And after Jason reportedly demanded a casual $10 million from Bethenny, insisting he helped launch her Skinnygirl cocktail brand, hiring an investor could get him just that. “The investor gets a percentage,” Konoski explains. “But it’s worth it.”

What the biggie here?  Beths spoke of this & it was discussed earlier in the thread.  Does it seem shady?  Welcome to the world of dealing with lawyers.  It ain't pretty, but everyone has to -- at some point.  I agree with the guy quoted above.  It is worth it.  Cuz now Jason can have as sly & aggressive a lawyer as Beth has.  Can someone please explain what's wrong with this?  

I'm not sure what to think of Jason anymore, but should Beths & her expensive slickster celeb-monger attorney be able to just squash him like a bug & swat him away?  Oh, that's sounds real fair.  

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I don't think there's anything wrong with it either. Lawyers are expensive and divorces can be complicated.

I'm not sure what to think of Jason anymore, but should Beths & her attorney be able to just be squash him like a bug & swat him away?  Oh, that's sounds real fair.

Actually, I think that's exactly what she expected. That he would give her the baby, take what she offered and walk away.

• Love 3

Jason, I'm sure, is no angel but Bethenny is a manipulative narcissist. I have no problem with him seeking a large settlement. Skinnygirl took off big time during Bethenny Getting Married & Ever After. He did play a significant role in her success, whether she likes it or not.

• Love 4
(edited)

iirc, during BEA, she was grousing about how hard it was to "get things going" & Jason asked if she wanted him to help.  He made a few calls & they ended up going to Montreal to meet the manufacturer.  The result of that visit was increased production & the SG line prominently displayed in a lot more high end wine & liquor stores across the country.  Their new condo was a result of their increased income as a direct result of Jason stepping up to handle business affairs that she couldn't!!!  YMMV.

Forgot to mention that she thanked him for everything he did ON THE SHOW & said NONE of it would have been possible without his help!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 4

You are not remembering wrong. I remember when Bethenny provided 20k worth of her cocktail for Jill's charity event.

That charity event was taped in October 2008 iirc , Bethenny hadn't even met Jason then , they never met until the end of 2008 and only started dating exclusively until June 2009.

For Jason to clim that he had anything to do with launching, negotiating or even helping is IMO a joke.

I do remember that event. At the end of it Ramona and Simon with his red pants danced, lol

So this investor gives him the money to pay for his lawyer? Then when he gets his settlement he gets his money back plus a percentage of the settlement? Isn't that what shark loans do? Instead of the title of his car he is signing off a percentage of his settlement, right?

I am still confused though, I thought that Bethenny was court ordered to pay his lawyer fees by the judge, there were articles about it, so if she is paying for his lawyer fees why does he need an investor?

iirc, during BEA, she was grousing about how hard it was to "get things going" & Jason asked if she wanted him to help.  He made a few calls & they ended up going to Montreal to meet the manufacturer.  The result of that visit was increased production & the SG line prominently displayed in a lot more high end wine & liquor stores across the country.  Their new condo was a result of their increased income as a direct result of Jason stepping up to handle business affairs that she couldn't!!!  YMMV.

Forgot to mention that she thanked him for everything he did ON THE SHOW & said NONE of it would have been possible without his help!!!

I felt that was all for TV entertainment. I think Bethenny tried to include Jason to make him feel more useful. If you recall he didn't want to work for Bethenny (which I get). Jason was just at the right place at the right time, but he didn't do squat to make the deal happen.

• Love 6

Sheesh, someone over at The Post really does NOT like our gal Beths-

http://pagesix.com/2014/06/13/bethenny-frankel-celebrates-setting-custody-battle-with-boozy-bad-behavior/?_ga=1.171842016.1578229990.1340949624

What is she still doing with that bruttish, thuggy-looking over-the-hill frat dude anyway?  Yeah, I know he's the son of some rich prominent lawyer, but he looks like serious bad news.  He just has the look to me of someone who's gonna beat the absolute crap outta her.  She does not have very good taste in men (er, mild understatement).

• Love 1