Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

That's what I mean - it's behavior that seems so beyond the pale that A.) either Mr. Hoppy is that weird and really did it,  B.) Bethenny embellished or....C.) she never said it in court AT ALL and it was the tabs who made it up that she did.

Or D) - the truth is somewhere in between LOL!

I have to say....if my parents or in-laws walked around my apartment in their underwear and ate off of the craft services table while I was doing a photo shoot, there would be hell to pay. And yes, boxers and a t-shirt is "underwear" around strangers.  I mean, damn....stop gorging off the free food and put some clothes on!! What happens next? The PA for the photo shoot walks in on someone scratching themselves? My lord! 

• Love 3

At the age both Bethanny and Jason were when they married I would think that they were both long past the age of "thinking they could change a person".  That type of thinking goes to the young.  Anyone over the age of 35 knows, you are who you are.  When I was young I thought love could fix anything.  By the time I was 30 I figured it out.

I think it's a nice concept that after a certain age you are wise enough to not try to change someone, though in reality I think it's more hit and miss. Too many variables besides age that brings wisdom and common sense.

I disagree with that. When Jason introduce himself in such wonderful manner "Are you ever going to get the stick out of your ass" , Bethenny had already filmed the Martha Stewart Aprentice, she has filmed the first two seasons of RHNY and had a couple of best seller books under her belt. She had already been offered a spin off but most important whether her spin off "skinnygirl in the city" was sucesfful or not and we have no reason to believe it wouldn't , the fact is that by 2010 Bethenny had her cocktail off the ground with help from Mr. Kanbar, Bethenny's cocktail was going to be sucessful with ot without Jason.

I also venture to say that David Kanbar saw who the real Jason was, the one we never got to see during BGM, I read on some articles that Kanbar is the one who put his foot down and basically insisted that Bethenny had a prenup. Jason protested, moaned and groaned, Jason pleaded that they didn't need a prenup, didn't believe in one and that they will never get divorce so a prenup was not necessary. It is say that he only signed the prenup five days before the wedding because Kanbar treatened that without a prenup their partnership was over, he was taking his toys and leaving.

I don't blame him, they were in the middle of negotiations with liquor companies, they were looking for their best bid and the lack of a clear prenup that protected the cocktail line was a major treat to his investment. I don't blame him for putting his foot down, yet Jason still refuse and it is not until 5 days when Bethenny was going to call the wedding off that he finally signed.

I wonder now if all that BS of the runaway bride and the picture was nothing but the set up just in case the wedding had to be cancelled. Betheny surely must be thanking her lucky stars that Kanbar saw through Jason's real intentions way before her.

If Jason is acting like this with a prenup can you imagine without one?

I don't know if David Kanbar knew anything about the "true" Jason. What David Kanbar knew were the statistics for the divorce rate.

• Love 1

I think the fact that they settled is just further indication of both of their selfishness.

Did they ever once consider our enjoyment over these continued proceedings?

Selfish bastards, the both of them!

Exactly!  Here is how I saw this going.  Bethenny testifies.  Gossip  and judging ensues. (This did happen)  Bethenny is cross examined.  More judging, opinion battles ensue.  Jason testifies.  Opinion battles intensify to outright name calling.  People get banned.  Jason is cross examined.  Half of us are proven right and the other half claim that they were not proven wrong.  Most of us are now banned.  Gossip, innuendo, family secrets ….   It was going to be my summer.   Ruined, just ruined.

• Love 9

Except for the latest developments about Jason's father and the fact that they both shoved themselves in the apartment and sleep on those wonderful sofas in that apartment when Jason could have maybe work out some kind of extra bed in his bedroom or stayed in a little hotel as they used to do when they visited the couple. I place the blame strictly where it belongs: Jason

Jason, who had Bethenny three months pregnant but hadn't bothered to tell his parents, who have never met her at that point, they IMO have no fault on this, of course they would loved Jason to visit them every weekend, heck make it every day, they would have loved to have Jason move in there in the house next door if they could spend all their time with Jason and Bryn. It was up to Jason and Jason only to create a bridge that worked for both sides. By Jason constantly reminding Bethenny that his family was normal and she was not , he didn't help. He made Bethenny feel as if she had to adapt herself to his family, she wanted Bethenny to become the extra member of the Hoppy family. Who would want that? Why would he ever think that she would want that?

When they discussed the holidays, Jason wanted to spend every single holiday with his parents, his reason was that Bethenny had no family, Bethenny let him know that she wanted to create her own holidays with her family: Jason and Bryn and that is were the problem was, in Jason's mind his family was Bryn, his parents and Bethenny came as the fifth wheel; in Bethenny's mind her family was Bryn, Jason and her. Bethenny also told him that they could split the time in half and split half holidays with his parents and half just the three of them making new memories with their new family but Jason was having none of that, once again the accusations of not understanding because she was not normal came out flying.

Jason expected that Bethenny and her lack of family roots would be completely happy to have now a new family and will be thankful to have been adopted by the Hoppys, instead of that he overwhelmed her, he didn't manuvered skilllfully and instead created resentment on both sides. He made Bethenny felt she was unreasonable, he made her feel that she was a bitch for even expressing this when any other person would be happy to be embraced in that circle of love. Jason failed to realize that for a person who has been a lone wolf her whole life, changes do not come easily, accepting new people in her inner circle is not easy and she needed time and patience. Even for someone not like Bethenny, it is hard to adapt to new situations and new people, Jason has known and adores his parents his whole life, but for Betheny they were strangers, she was not crazy to feel as she was the odd wheel there. Jason should have taken the time to create strong roots in his own nuclear family first, he should have been the one who helped Bethenny to believe that Bryn and her were his family and most important people in his life.

Instead resentment grew, he felt more and more left behind by her financial success and pulled away from her even more. He spent more time with his parents and tried to make Bethenny feel guilty for not leaving everything behind and riding with him to PA twice a month. If Jason mentioned to his parents that he needed to take a little bit of time to enjoy his new wife, they would have understood, I am sure that the Hoppys would have not mind if Jason visited them few times a year and they visited the city few times a year, instead Jason made some imposition about being every other week and his parents coming to NYC the other weekends basically they were seeing Jason and Bryn every weekend. For any newly wed couple IMO this is too much, for a person like Bethenny it was probably overwhelming as heck.  

Same when Bethenny prepared this beautiful get away for his birthday, he enjoyed it and had a great time with his pals but then he mentioned that he talked to his parents and they were upset they were not invited, not invited? when they had just spent the whole week with him? but even if they complained to Jason, why did he feel the need to say anything to Bethenny? why did he even bothered to mentioned it to her?  Bethenny said she was so happy that they have had such a great time, she felt as she had nailed that birthday gift, Jason was grateful and happy and she was happy too, then boom, he drops the bomb on her, she was elated and he came and literally pop her ballon with a pin. Why? not only that but then he minimizes her feelings, he goes on a rant to tell her that she doesn't understand the bond he has with his parents because she is not normal and to top it off he let's her know that she will die alone and her own daughter will grow to hate her. WTF? are you kidding me? that is when I realized that Jason was not the outstanding person he pretended to be, who says that? who throws those boulders to the person you say you love?

• Love 8

Maybe Jason and his father started wearing their underwear around the house after Bethenny called Jason 'white trash' or maybe the other way around. Who knows.  The public has been given only  one version of all these claims that Bethenny has made.  And we all know there's three sides to the story: hers, him and the truth.  It's funny though.  This reminded me of how Bethenny would sometimes appear in 'Bethenny Ever After'.  Remember the time she was in an almost see through tank top without a bra on and Jason told her to do something about it.  Double standard Beth.

• Love 2

Maybe Jason and his father started wearing their underwear around the house after Bethenny called Jason 'white trash' or maybe the other way around. Who knows. The public has been given only one version of all these claims that Bethenny has made. And we all know there's three sides to the story: hers, him and the truth. It's funny though. This reminded me of how Bethenny would sometimes appear in 'Bethenny Ever After'. Remember the time she was in an almost see through tank top without a bra on and Jason told her to do something about it. Double standard Beth.

I haven't read all the documents and leaks so forgive me if I missed something, but my interpretation from what has only been said here is that Bethany accused Jason and/or his father were attempting to create a hostile work environment by dressing in underwear, eating from the craft services table, possibly bothering her staff and the photo shoot staff. I don't think the point is that they like to watch basketball in their boxers and have a beer and that klassy Bethany finds that beneath her, but that they were trying to purposely make it difficult for Skinny Girl as a company to conduct business there and force them out of the condo thereby damaging Bethany's best claim to keep the condo since it was bought by Skinny Girl and intended to be used as a live/work space by the company's founder, Bethany. If they force Bethany to relocate her offices by disrupting any business on the premiss then they may have though/been advised that they would be in a better position to claim the condo as a marital asset. I have no idea if any if that is true or legally accurate, but I think that's the point of the whole story.

• Love 5

The Hoppy Hate is strong in these people.

I just wish that Jason had the appropriate parent to deal with Bethenny on her own level. Maybe Kandi can lend him Mama Joyce.

I liked Carol and Bob. They seemed like two people who enjoyed their children and looked forward to enjoying their grandchild. Bethenny had no problems having nannies, assistants and interns on family vacations so why not her in-laws? She had no problem with sucking up to Carol pre-wedding. I saw many a vacation without the Hoppys-the Hamptons, Mexico, California, Colorado, the ill fated "lost at sea". The show two seasons with Bryn was only shot over 8 months-for the two seasons so I guess I wonder-how many vacations does this family need to take?

Bethenny's surprise party was anything but a big deal. There were what 30 or so people there. I mean to hear Bethenny wail about it you would have thought she was given a surprise coronation and was subject to having to rule over a country.

I am definitely on board with a Mama Joyce type as Bethenny next mother-in-law.

• Love 9

"I don't know if David Kanbar knew anything about the "true" Jason. What David Kanbar knew were the statistics for the divorce rate."

Actually he really knew Bethenny. Just like Ramona did. They knew that she would be divorced in a year. Two at most. That is what he was betting on not who the husband would be. It could have been any poor sap. He would never have a chance.

• Love 7

I always felt Jason 1 was a better match for her. He seemed more mature than Jason 2 (and Beth). She needs someone who is very well-established, both professionally and emotionally, to be able to deal with her (call her out on her BS) without resorting to childish behavior himself. Of course, with maturity comes wisdom (sometimes), and with wisdom comes the foresight to make you run for your life when dealing with Beth-types, even when you care about them.

• Love 3

I haven't read all the documents and leaks so forgive me if I missed something, but my interpretation from what has only been said here is that Bethany accused Jason and/or his father were attempting to create a hostile work environment by dressing in underwear, eating from the craft services table, possibly bothering her staff and the photo shoot staff. I don't think the point is that they like to watch basketball in their boxers and have a beer and that klassy Bethany finds that beneath her, but that they were trying to purposely make it difficult for Skinny Girl as a company to conduct business there and force them out of the condo thereby damaging Bethany's best claim to keep the condo since it was bought by Skinny Girl and intended to be used as a live/work space by the company's founder, Bethany. If they force Bethany to relocate her offices by disrupting any business on the premiss then they may have though/been advised that they would be in a better position to claim the condo as a marital asset. I have no idea if any if that is true or legally accurate, but I think that's the point of the whole story.

Hi Fozzy Bear,

It didn't seem that way from the article that I read about this. She was complaining about people staying at the apartment, etc. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/lawyers-bethenny-frankel-estranged-husband-battle-custody-trial-article-1.1808281

I also don't think that the condo was bought by Skinny Girl.  It was a home with a home office.  This whole thing is very complicated because we just don't know all the details.  Were they shooting in the office or in the actual living areas?  As some one else stated, like it or not, it's Jason's home too.  Was he asked if it was ok to have a crew there?  What were they actually wearing.

It's like the Cookie accusations.  We don't know all the details.  Did Bethenny ask Jason to take care of the dog or did she just assume.  Was there a reason why Jason had Cookie in another room?  Who knows.  We do know that Cookie wasn't the sweetest dog in the world.  We've seen her try to bite.  Did she nip at someone?  Did he put her in the storage closet because Bethenny kept her room and offices locked when she wasn't there?  Who knows.

• Love 2

"I don't know if David Kanbar knew anything about the "true" Jason. What David Kanbar knew were the statistics for the divorce rate."

Actually he really knew Bethenny. Just like Ramona did. They knew that she would be divorced in a year. Two at most. That is what he was betting on not who the husband would be. It could have been any poor sap. He would never have a chance.

Whatever reason Kanbar had, he has literally saved Bethenny millions of dollars so I am sure Bethenny appreciates that.

As the second wife of a man with two children who are now adults. The concept of only dealing with your ex until the child is 18 years old is a fairy tale. Contact doesn't stop until someone dies. There are graduations, weddings, grandchildren, etc. it so much better (but not easier) to keep things civil from the get go. I really wish these two could have settled long before the 11th hour. The only ones that benefits are the lawyers.

• Love 3

He also saved himself a lot of trouble. He knew that Bethenny was a time bomb and he wanted to use her to get his money and then get out. He is just about the only person who scored big with a Reality Show Star and the exception that proves the rule. In almost every other case using a Reality Star is a prescription for failure.

He is one smart dude.

• Love 3

Just one small correction about Jason's 40th birthday that I think changes the thinking. As I remember it, per Bethenny, Jason complained to her about his parents not getting an invite to the golf weekend (I think he wanted them to be included). His parents didn't complain about it. I remember it only because I recall thinking that he kinda needs to cut the apron strings for a guy hitting forty.

I feel bad for the Hoppy's that they're getting so vilified. Putting aside the stupid and trivial underwear story, which may or may not be true, what's their crime? They seem to be nice people that raised two children, one died young, and they want to have a relationship with and spend time with their now only son and only granddaughter. Too much time? For most families - no, but when Bethenny is the wife/ex-wife, apparently yes. I don't see why, after a period of growing pains, all concerned couldn't find a compromise arrangement.

• Love 9

He also saved himself a lot of trouble. He knew that Bethenny was a time bomb and he wanted to use her to get his money and then get out. He is just about the only person who scored big with a Reality Show Star and the exception that proves the rule. In almost every other case using a Reality Star is a prescription for failure.

He is one smart dude.

Bingo! Ding, ding, ding

Which is exactly why I have no problem in calling him what he really is: a GOLD DiGGER

You nailed your assessment of him, he is a glorified albeit smarter gold digger. A guy close to 40 who lived in a shoe size apartment (his own words) and who by his own admission has seen Bethenny on RHNY and surely saw her in the Apprentice, I mean it didn't take of him too long to figure her out: a neurotic and over driven woman who longs for love and a child, a woman who has stared in three seasons of reality TV, has published two best seller books and strike a partnership with the maven David Kanbar. He sure did his homework on her. Now the way he introduced to her makes sense, he had time to study her while she knew nothing about him, he knew she was a smart ass, witty person who would need a lot of reassurance and a lot of emotional manipulation.

During three seasons Jason has played this card of just wanting a normal wife who could bond with his parents and who would love to travel to the country every other week, a Susie homemaker of sort, are you kidding me? That is like the complete opposite of what Bethenny is, it doesn't take a whole to figure out that Bethenny is the antithesis of what Jason and his parents would have dreamt as the perfect wife. Yet Jason, the guy who seemed so traditional in his values agreed for him and Bethenny to have an open relationship in where they were not exclusive just because Bethenny was not ready for it. He agreed to that, why? Simply because he had a plan and he was carrying it out no matter what.

Now it makes sense his insistence that she made up her mind and they become exclusive, his insistence on them moving in together, his insistence that they stopped birth control and see "whatever happen, happens", you would think that those would be demands of Bethenny who wanted to have a baby badly, yet the demands were started by Jason, at least that is how both retold the story. He is the one who proposed and insisted they get married before the baby was born, despite Bethenny wanting to do it after the baby was born, everything was working according to plan until he was demanded to sign a prenup, he fought hard not to, but had no other choice.

But a guy like Jason always has an angle and he guilted Bethenny into modifying the prenup because he felt unprotected, lol that was a master move from GD Jason, Bethenny was dumb to do it, but she did. I am sure the money from that modification, which some articles have at 5M will be what he ultimately will receive. GD Jason has rolled the dice, he has convinced himself that he is entitled and can get more than 5M even though that amount is more than fair, in order to do so he has played all his cards on a row. Whatever ambition he never had to make it big in the business world, he sure has shown a whole lot of ambition during this divorce.

• Love 11
(edited)

Have no idea if Jason is the evil, horrible red-horned devil you portray him as.  Did he map out a plan to make as much money as possible outta Beths?  Was he planning first to impregnate her, marry her, and then trying to squeeze as much of the Skinnygirl dough as possible outta her?  Is it possible to plan this out in such a calculating way?  I'm not so sure.  You speak as if you were perched on the shoulders of Beths & Jason & lived their lives with them.  Not everything about their lives is public knowledge.  And what is out there may be far from the truth.

Whatever Jason gets from her, I have no prob with.  Women do the same thing to men all the time.  I still don't get the continuing Jason hatred on here.  So if he's a gold digger, so what?  She chose to marry him.  Now she's gotta pay the price.  I still say she cut the court proceedings short cuz she knew it was gonna go really, really badly for her.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 11

Not sure how sociopathic the plan is. It's the pretty standard gold-digging path women have been using since the invention of gold. Find a rich or about to be rich man, get knocked up, get married, hire a good divorce lawyer. And yeah I think Jason was a gold-digger. He may have liked Bethanny, but I think he was in love with her lifestyle (to be fair, I think the same about Bethany-she liked him but loved what he represented). So when she started talking about wanting a baby I'd guess Jason was on board with her getting off birth controll and rolling the dice. I think he absolutely pictured them living a very jet set life, possibley complete with a vanity career for him (the male equivalent of designing purses or whatever). This has never seemed like such a leap to me. It's such an old story told so many times, just with the genders reversed.

• Love 1

what a great way to describe Bethenny...love it!

Not sure how sociopathic the plan is. It's the pretty standard gold-digging path women have been using since the invention of gold. Find a rich or about to be rich man, get knocked up, get married, hire a good divorce lawyer. And yeah I think Jason was a gold-digger. He may have liked Bethanny, but I think he was in love with her lifestyle (to be fair, I think the same about Bethany-she liked him but loved what he represented). So when she started talking about wanting a baby I'd guess Jason was on board with her getting off birth controll and rolling the dice. I think he absolutely pictured them living a very jet set life, possibley complete with a vanity career for him (the male equivalent of designing purses or whatever). This has never seemed like such a leap to me. It's such an old story told so many times, just with the genders reversed.

good thoughts

I have not seen a single poster say they hate Jason. Therefore no Jason hate. Just because a poster sees Jason in a different light and doesn't think he's the bees knees, doesn't mean there's hatred.

IMHO hate is a kin to love and requires a lot more emotion than these wanna be fame whores evoke.

• Love 5

Well, I think one can express hatred without using the actual word.

Here's an example: George is a vile and lecherous man, and I will stop watching the show if he and Aviva aren't fired next season!

• Love 1

That is how I see it as well. I'd Jason started this relationship with the plan of squeezing millions out of her? I am not sure if his plan was conceived since the get go or if it shaped all along, one thing that I always found suspicious is how much Jason changed after Bethenny closed the deal with Beam, he was no longer the supportive guy, he was plain confrontational and at times plain rude and verbally abusive towards her.

IMO Jason has this constant need, sometimes pathological need to be seem as the perfect guy, he is used to be the hero, the small town boy who did great by marrying a reality star, he enjoyed the accolades, trips, staff and golfing trips that Bethenny job provided, but there were few instances in where Jason showed his frustration, and manipulate his way into a lot of money for him, the modification of the prenup is one instance, the other that comes to mind is when he played this game of "I want to work for skinny girl but I don't want to be your employee" even after Bethenny explained to him that he would be her CEO but she still would be the top boss and he refused to work for her. I saw the manipulation right away, Bethenny was so desperate for this fool to be happy and back to being the guy that she fell for that I was thinking she was going to fall for it and give him stockholder rights and make him a partner which is ultimately what I believe he wanted.

Jason knows that her image is important,not only for her but for any business person and that is where I think he has made his mistake, yes, he is very smart and at the end of the day he will come out of this marriage with several millions that he would have never been able to earn as a sale pharm , but I also think that if he would have graciously accepted the money that he weasel himself from Bethenny via the modification of the prenup, all would have been different.

He has acted as if Bethenny blindsided him with the divorce petition, but his own friends of Radar had him moved out of the apartment in three different times during 2012 before the announcement of the separation and Jason refused to do therapy,so where to go from there? Even a blind person knew this was heading towards divorce, then he acted as if Bethenny asking for primary custody was an attempt to ban him from Bryn's life when he knew darn well that they could share time even if Bethenny was named primary custodial. I don't know many mothers who in the event of deciding who should be the primary caregiver would raise their hand and choose the other parent. Jason played this to the max by wearing his ring as the poor sap who is still in love with his wife and trying to make it work while in the meantime he is recruiting family and friends to help him make her life miserable in the apartment so she has to move.

I am not sure when Jason saw this as the opportunity of a lifetime to bank the rest of his life, whether it was at the beginning of the relationship or after the sale of Beam, the only thing that is glaringly evident by him going after her money is that the mighty dollar is now his bottom line, he wants millions in form of a settlement and the apartment to top it all. For merely two years of marriage. When women do it, they are called gold diggers, so if Jason is doing it and can get away with it, kudos to him, but just as I don't have any problem in calling the women who do it gold diggers, I have no problem with calling Jason exactly that.

• Love 7

Well, I think one can express hatred without using the actual word.

Here's an example: George is a vile and lecherous man, and I will stop watching the show if he and Aviva aren't fired next season!

I agree with you about George. It doesn't mean that I hate the man, though. I just don't like him. Hate is too strong a word in my book.

In conclusion--I don't think that Jason was duped. I think he may be manipulative. I don't care for him. Yet, I don't hate Jason. It isn't one in the same.

I agree with you about George. It doesn't mean that I hate the man, though. I just don't like him. Hate is too strong a word in my book. .

Not me. I hate him.

A re: their pre-nup modification - is this rumor?

That is how I see it as well. I'd Jason started this relationship with the plan of squeezing millions out of her? I am not sure if his plan was conceived since the get go or if it shaped all along, one thing that I always found suspicious is how much Jason changed after Bethenny closed the deal with Beam, he was no longer the supportive guy, he was plain confrontational and at times plain rude and verbally abusive towards her.

IMO Jason has this constant need, sometimes pathological need to be seem as the perfect guy, he is used to be the hero, the small town boy who did great by marrying a reality star, he enjoyed the accolades, trips, staff and golfing trips that Bethenny job provided, but there were few instances in where Jason showed his frustration, and manipulate his way into a lot of money for him, the modification of the prenup is one instance, the other that comes to mind is when he played this game of "I want to work for skinny girl but I don't want to be your employee" even after Bethenny explained to him that he would be her CEO but she still would be the top boss and he refused to work for her. I saw the manipulation right away, Bethenny was so desperate for this fool to be happy and back to being the guy that she fell for that I was thinking she was going to fall for it and give him stockholder rights and make him a partner which is ultimately what I believe he wanted.

Jason knows that her image is important,not only for her but for any business person and that is where I think he has made his mistake, yes, he is very smart and at the end of the day he will come out of this marriage with several millions that he would have never been able to earn as a sale pharm , but I also think that if he would have graciously accepted the money that he weasel himself from Bethenny via the modification of the prenup, all would have been different.

He has acted as if Bethenny blindsided him with the divorce petition, but his own friends of Radar had him moved out of the apartment in three different times during 2012 before the announcement of the separation and Jason refused to do therapy,so where to go from there? Even a blind person knew this was heading towards divorce, then he acted as if Bethenny asking for primary custody was an attempt to ban him from Bryn's life when he knew darn well that they could share time even if Bethenny was named primary custodial. I don't know many mothers who in the event of deciding who should be the primary caregiver would raise their hand and choose the other parent. Jason played this to the max by wearing his ring as the poor sap who is still in love with his wife and trying to make it work while in the meantime he is recruiting family and friends to help him make her life miserable in the apartment so she has to move.

I am not sure when Jason saw this as the opportunity of a lifetime to bank the rest of his life, whether it was at the beginning of the relationship or after the sale of Beam, the only thing that is glaringly evident by him going after her money is that the mighty dollar is now his bottom line, he wants millions in form of a settlement and the apartment to top it all. For merely two years of marriage. When women do it, they are called gold diggers, so if Jason is doing it and can get away with it, kudos to him, but just as I don't have any problem in calling the women who do it gold diggers, I have no problem with calling Jason exactly that.

Well when you get right to it didn't Beth and Jason use EACH OTHER to a certain extent?   Bethenny desperately wanting to have a baby because her biological clock was running out soon (been there, done that) and Jason with whatever neferious plan he was supposedly concocting?  I don't see Jason mapping out some evil master plan but YMMV.

I think I was totally misunderstood. I was referring to David Kanbar the guy who used Bethenny to front Skinny Girl as being the person who knew that Bethenny could never stay married. He was the one who was smart enough to encourage/force Bethenny to do a pre-nup to protect his interests until he could cash out and get away from her crazy ass. 

I am team Jason all the way. Bethenny is one of the top ten worst Reality Personalities of all time.

Number four in my book of the all time horrible knuckleheads.

• Love 3

Trooper York - that's how I read your post (I thought you were referencing the business partner), so I was amused by the replies!

Number four in my book of the all time horrible knuckleheads.

I'm curious - who's 1-3?

• Love 1

Well when you get right to it didn't Beth and Jason use EACH OTHER to a certain extent? Bethenny desperately wanting to have a baby because her biological clock was running out soon (been there, done that) and Jason with whatever neferious plan he was supposedly concocting? I don't see Jason mapping out some evil master plan but YMMV.

I'm a big Bethanny fan still, but yes. I think they used each other. Again, I think that happens in these obviously doomed realationship. Rich guy needs a pretty polite hostess and mother to help with his business image and a pretty woman needs to be taken care of. I don't see this as being any different. Bethanny needed/wanted someone to help her create the happy family she wanted and was good for her career. Jason needed/wanted someone to elevate his lifestyle from middle class to wealthy. Happens all the time. The gold-digger and the spouse who feels like they're entitled to what they paid for. I don't really see this as any different.

• Love 2

I'm not really sure how, as a mature woman, Bethenny arranged to get married by becoming pregnant....imo they both used each other and Jason could have used protection as well.

Not that they don't adore their daughter....but she didn't deserve this drama at an early age.

How stupid Jason and B were - he had/has a loving family and friends - B not really.

(edited)

Hi Fozzy Bear,

It didn't seem that way from the article that I read about this. She was complaining about people staying at the apartment, etc. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/lawyers-bethenny-frankel-estranged-husband-battle-custody-trial-article-1.1808281

I also don't think that the condo was bought by Skinny Girl.  It was a home with a home office.  This whole thing is very complicated because we just don't know all the details.  Were they shooting in the office or in the actual living areas?  As some one else stated, like it or not, it's Jason's home too.  Was he asked if it was ok to have a crew there?  What were they actually wearing.

It's like the Cookie accusations.  We don't know all the details.  Did Bethenny ask Jason to take care of the dog or did she just assume.  Was there a reason why Jason had Cookie in another room?  Who knows.  We do know that Cookie wasn't the sweetest dog in the world.  We've seen her try to bite.  Did she nip at someone?  Did he put her in the storage closet because Bethenny kept her room and offices locked when she wasn't there?  Who knows.

THIS.  Exactly!  

We just don't know exactly what happened.  And then consider the source.  to me, if Bethenny says, OMG Jason's dad was in his underwear, I'm being victimized by his awful underweared self, I don't immediately think "OMG!  Jason's dad is a malicious son of a bitch!"  I kind of consider the source and the context (nasty divorce and a woman prone to high drama), and I think huh, he seemed like a nice guy, I wonder what happened.  Like if there was a misunderstanding, if he and Jason thought the crew was taking a break and was out the door, or what.  I figure there's PROBABLY a little more to the story than the black-and-white version Bethenny feeds the press, or wants her fans to believe.

And for everyone being judgy about Jason's parents, remember that they lost Jason's brother at a young age.  If they seemed like they wanted a lot of contact with their son, I gave them a bit of a pass on that.   

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 5
(edited)

Have no idea if Jason is the evil, horrible red-horned devil you portray him as.  Did he map out a plan to make as much money as possible outta Beths?  Was he planning first to impregnate her, marry her, and then trying to squeeze as much of the Skinnygirl dough as possible outta her?  Is it possible to plan this out in such a calculating way?  I'm not so sure.  You speak as if you were perched on the shoulders of Beths & Jason & lived their lives with them.  Not everything about their lives is public knowledge.  And what is out there may be far from the truth.

Whatever Jason gets from her, I have no prob with.  Women do the same thing to men all the time.  I still don't get the continuing Jason hatred on here.  So if he's a gold digger, so what?  She chose to marry him.  Now she's gotta pay the price.  I still say she cut the court proceedings short cuz she knew it was gonna go really, really badly for her.

Agree.  All they got through was their direct testimony.  Lawyers know-- direct testimony is rehearsed.  Everything that came out on the stand was pre-planned, BELIEVE ME, question for question and answer for answer. [edited to add:  I know you're a lawyer, Scoobs, saying this to everyone else who isn't one.]  Cross-examination is the opposite-- the witness doesn't know what's going to come at them.  Bethenny did something pretty awful here.  She got through her direct testimony, slammed the crap out of Jason publicly (knowing exactly what she'd be saying, and that it would be public since the courtroom wasn't sealed), and then settled.  She smeared Jason and didn't wait around to get smeared herself.  In fact, she didn't get cross-examined on the crap she said during her direct exam... so if there was another side to her version of events, we never got to hear it.  COWARD.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 6

Third worst reality show star: The Situation.

Second worst reality show star: Danielle Staub

Worst reality show star of all time: Omarosa.

When she was on Bethenny's talk show it was like Godzilla vs. Rodan! You had nobody to root for!

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not really sure how, as a mature woman, Bethenny arranged to get married by becoming pregnant....imo they both used each other and Jason could have used protection as well.

Not that they don't adore their daughter....but she didn't deserve this drama at an early age.

How stupid Jason and B were - he had/has a loving family and friends - B not really.

I don't think Bethenny arranged to get married by becoming pregnant.  Didn't Bethenny finally admit she knew Jason wasn't "the one" or the love of her life (paraphrasing) as she was walking down the aisle on her wedding day?  In retrospect it appears Bethenny had serious second thoughts regarding marrying Jason.  Jason sure could have used birth control but ultimately Bethenny controls her own birth control choices.  She wanted a baby and went off birth control.

Edited by beesknees

Not me. I hate him.

A re: their pre-nup modification - is this rumor?

That is definitely not a rumor, you can find it in multiple online articles. What has never been confirmed is the exact amount but several online articles also have the amount at 5M

There is also one of the first episodes of the last season where Bethenny and Jason were directly talking about the modification and Bethenny telling Jason that she did it because of his constant complains about feeling unprotected and to make him happy yet he still was not happy, the paraphrased quote from Bethenny IIRC was that if they got divorced Jason would definitely be taken care of financially and would not be unprotected.

The modification has been referred also by gossip rags constantly when they have speculated as to how much Jason will receive.

Agree.  All they got through was their direct testimony.  Lawyers know-- direct testimony is rehearsed.  Everything that came out on the stand was pre-planned, BELIEVE ME, question for question and answer for answer. [edited to add:  I know you're a lawyer, Scoobs, saying this to everyone else who isn't one.]  Cross-examination is the opposite-- the witness doesn't know what's going to come at them.  Bethenny did something pretty awful here.  She got through her direct testimony, slammed the crap out of Jason publicly (knowing exactly what she'd be saying, and that it would be public since the courtroom wasn't sealed), and then settled.  She smeared Jason and didn't wait around to get smeared herself.  In fact, she didn't get cross-examined on the crap she said during her direct exam... so if there was another side to her version of events, we never got to hear it.  COWARD.

Bethenny did something awful? How so? Did she put a pistol on his forehead for him to settle? He didn't have to settle at all.

He could have waited for her to be cross examined, he could have given his testimony and clear his name. Why didn't he do that? At the end the agreement was nothing unexpected, he knew they would be sharing time so I fail to see how this is a home run for Jason, it might be a home run for those who think that bethenny wanted to keep her daughter all to herself but if you know anything about custody, you would know that with primary custody they were bound to share anyway. No huge win for Jason that would be the payoff of a settlement.

To argue that he wanted to spare his daughter the embarrassment is a joke given all the antics he has pulled. More so when there is evidence that the judge did in fact forbid him from continue hacking into her email account and requested him to turn in the tapes of the conversations he had taped from her and her lawyers. Maybe her lawyers requested the judge to let them use the evidence of the email hacking and the recorded phone calls.

The funny part is that he could have requested the audience to be closed to the press, Bethenny could have too, but so could Jason so he obviously was rolling the dice. Jason didn't have to settle anything at all if he didn't want to. If somebody had made up lies that involved my parents I would de damned if I won't have my say in court to clear his name at least.

As far as he picking up Bryn on Bethenny's days, easy to prove with a simple calendar and school records. Cookie's stayed at dog's hotels, easily verifiable by the place records, and the other incidents, there were witnesses who given the circumstances and with subpoenas could have come to testify, like the magazine crew. There is also previous records of Bethenny asking the judge for Jason to stop shoving his family and friends in the apartment. So some of it is not just Bethenny's saying. Jason has already expressed some of his complains as well. That Bethenny called him white trash, that he left with the pots, pans and toys. So it is not as if he or his team haven't had their say.

I would have loved if the audience continued and we got the testimony of all parties involved, but lets just be clear that in order for both of them to settle, they both agreed to it. Jason could have refused or could have dragged it out until he had the chance to give his testimony.

• Love 5
(edited)

Bethenny did something awful? How so? Did she put a pistol on his forehead for him to settle? He didn't have to settle at all.

He could have waited for her to be cross examined, he could have given his testimony and clear his name. Why didn't he do that? At the end the agreement was nothing unexpected, he knew they would be sharing time so I fail to see how this is a home run for Jason, it might be a home run for those who think that bethenny wanted to keep her daughter all to herself but if you know anything about custody, you would know that with primary custody they were bound to share anyway. No huge win for Jason that would be the payoff of a settlement.

To argue that he wanted to spare his daughter the embarrassment is a joke given all the antics he has pulled. More so when there is evidence that the judge did in fact forbid him from continue hacking into her email account and requested him to turn in the tapes of the conversations he had taped from her and her lawyers. Maybe her lawyers requested the judge to let them use the evidence of the email hacking and the recorded phone calls.

The funny part is that he could have requested the audience to be closed to the press, Bethenny could have too, but so could Jason so he obviously was rolling the dice. Jason didn't have to settle anything at all if he didn't want to. If somebody had made up lies that involved my parents I would de damned if I won't have my say in court to clear his name at least.

As far as he picking up Bryn on Bethenny's days, easy to prove with a simple calendar and school records. Cookie's stayed at dog's hotels, easily verifiable by the place records, and the other incidents, there were witnesses who given the circumstances and with subpoenas could have come to testify, like the magazine crew. There is also previous records of Bethenny asking the judge for Jason to stop shoving his family and friends in the apartment. So some of it is not just Bethenny's saying. Jason has already expressed some of his complains as well. That Bethenny called him white trash, that he left with the pots, pans and toys. So it is not as if he or his team haven't had their say.

I would have loved if the audience continued and we got the testimony of all parties involved, but lets just be clear that in order for both of them to settle, they both agreed to it. Jason could have refused or could have dragged it out until he had the chance to give his testimony.

The assumption here-- and it's not an implausible assumption, since the settlement happened after Bethenny finished giving her direct testimony-- is that she finally upped her settlement offer after she finished.  By no means is that a gun to anyone's head, but it would simply mean she wanted to smear Jason before offering him something she knew he'd be likely to accept.  He could have turned it down, sure.  Of course Bethenny is the person who offered Alex $400 to appear on her talk show, so I'm assuming Bethenny was behaving similarly with Jason-- offering something grossly unfair until she'd had the chance to launch her grenades.  Am I making assumptions?  Absolutely.  But you asked why awful... in the context of litigation, that progression shows a certain amount of venom and cowardice.  So that's why.  

Edited by OhGromit

My worst reality stars from Bravo

I admit that I am a Bravo bitch and watch most of their shows and not much of other networks so here are my top ten

1) Teresa Guiduce + 1 - the pain that this crook inflicted on her creditors and their families I cannot overlook.

2) Apollo Nida- same rationale as above

3) Brandi Glanville - when she involved innocent children in her story line and made up a whole lawsuit I was done with her

4) Kim Zolciac - boasting about her affair with a married man with disregard for the wife and kids and making up cancer

5) Melissa Gorga+ 1 for putting her in-laws through the ringer in her quest for fame.

6) Ritchie Wakile - same as above but added points for being a gross human being. Kathy makes this list too

7 Aviva's dad - this pervert need to be put in jail for sexual harassment

8) Jacqueline's Laurita - for trying to pass her nonsense water as some cure for autism

9) Tamra Judge- for involving her dumb son into trying to take advantage of a dumber drunk woman

10) Jill Zarin - for using her husband cancer scare as a tool to plan her revenge against her friend and go to the extreme to plot behind cameras to take her down.

Bethenny? Not even close , whatever she did are situations that most people struggle with, in laws relationships, a hasty relationship that didn't work, a nasty divorce, they are nothing compared to what other Bravo celebrities have done, not even close in my book.

The fact that anybody would find Bethenny worst that Teresa Guidice is puzzling to me but as always to each their own.

• Love 3

Not necessarily. Settlement offers are sometimes given with a deadline or certain conditions, ie. I'll up the offer, but only if you agree to settle TODAY.

The modification has been referred also by gossip rags constantly when they have speculated as to how much Jason will receive.

Thanks. I googled the story, and the modification is indeed mentioned. But they all say "slight" modification, so who knows. After reading how Bethenny's SG sale was so inaccurately reported, I don't see how anyone has any idea.

I have not seen a single poster say they hate Jason. Therefore no Jason hate. Just because a poster sees Jason in a different light and doesn't think he's the bees knees, doesn't mean there's hatred.

Um, OK.  How bout Jason bashing?  Any better?  There's been plenty of that on this thread.  Hey, I'm not saying he's anything so great.  I never understood what his deal was in getting together with her.  She's not much to look at, she's nasty as fuck & she's a PITA.  So if he got a ton of dough by being with her, good for him.  He deserves whatever he gets for however long he was able to stand her.  Just like I hope Kelly's hooker (pretend boyfriend), Max, got some divorce settlement cash outta her.  Pretending to be her boyfriend is all kinds of ick & deserves massive compensation.

• Love 1
(edited)

The assumption here-- and it's not an implausible assumption, since the settlement happened after Bethenny finished giving her direct testimony-- is that she finally upped her settlement offer after she finished.  By no means is that a gun to anyone's head, but it would simply mean she wanted to smear Jason before offering him something she knew he'd be likely to accept.

So Jason's dignity has a price.  That's not surprising.  I wonder how much he sold it for, I'm sure he got more than it's worth. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 4

Um, OK.  How bout Jason bashing?  Any better?  There's been plenty of that on this thread.  Hey, I'm not saying he's anything so great.  I never understood what his deal was in getting together with her.  She's not much to look at, she's nasty as fuck & she's a PITA.  So if he got a ton of dough by being with her, good for him.  He deserves whatever he gets for however long he was able to stand her.  Just like I hope Kelly's hooker (pretend boyfriend), Max, got some divorce settlement cash outta her.  Pretending to be her boyfriend is all kinds of ick & deserves massive compensation.

She was all that and more when they met, she never hid who she was and he seemed to accept her, it is not like Bethenny played it down and pretended to be this virginal country girl who could fit the role of perfect housemaker, Jason knew what he was getting himself into. On the other hand IMO Jason played the role of the supportive and wonderful boyfriend who could do no wrong until he got married and guilted her into changing the prenup and then the real Jason came alive.

Last time I checked the only ones who expect a massive compensation for services rendered are hookers and gold diggers so yes, that would be just like Jason to expect millions for only two years , he probably thinks he is all that and he deserves the money. Pfffttt 

I agree.  Anybody could tolerate Bethenny deserves what he can get.

• Love 2

So if he got a ton of dough by being with her, good for him.  He deserves whatever he gets for however long he was able to stand her.

And of course he was held hostage and forced to have a child with her and marry her, and was never ever a willing participant in this little farce?

Oh right, he's an adult and its often claimed he's even bright.

By no means is that a gun to anyone's head, but it would simply mean she wanted to smear Jason before offering him something she knew he'd be likely to accept.  He could have turned it down, sure.

But didn't. He didn't turn down the offer. He could have but didn't. Like someone else already said, Jason had a price in mind and shut up when it was met.

• Love 3

The assumption here-- and it's not an implausible assumption, since the settlement happened after Bethenny finished giving her direct testimony-- is that she finally upped her settlement offer after she finished.  By no means is that a gun to anyone's head, but it would simply mean she wanted to smear Jason before offering him something she knew he'd be likely to accept.  He could have turned it down, sure.  Of course Bethenny is the person who offered Alex $400 to appear on her talk show, so I'm assuming Bethenny was behaving similarly with Jason-- offering something grossly unfair until she'd had the chance to launch her grenades.  Am I making assumptions?  Absolutely.  But you asked why awful... in the context of litigation, that progression shows a certain amount of venom and cowardice.  So that's why.

How about the possibility that Jason didn't like hearing all the shit he did becoming public and public opinion changing about him? It's one thing doing all that petty immature shit behind closed doors and another seeing it in print for the world to see.

I don't see it as bashing when it comes to any reality tv personality. Just a difference of opinions. They offered themselves up for judgement and I'm more than obliged to dish.

I love that there are different opinions and views. It's what makes forums interesting to me.

• Love 4

I bet Jason is happy that he has so many fans and many who are team Jason, they will be his fanbase for the new show he is shopping around.

http://www.allabouttrh.com/bethenny-frankel-jason-hoppy-shopping-separate-reality-shows/

So much for him not wanting to be on the spotlight, uhmm

Bwahahahaa! That's priceless! I haven't laughed this hard since I found out Raging Ryan over on the OC was trying to sell his PTSD therapy weekend as a TV special. Those two dudes are great. Just innocent down to earth guys who happened to marry reality stars of questionable physical and emotional attractiveness. Out of love. Perhaps they could team up and start a show called Thebomb.com about how to make it in reality show business.

• Love 3

Both Bethenny and Jason are a couple of "fame whores". I am afraid reality TV is creating these idiots that actually think their fan base is similar to the Hollywood stars. These two take the cake....... yea it is all about Bryn----- as long as she helps keep their names in the press. Go Bethenny--- go Jason---- just go away and take care of your kid!

• Love 2

I bet Jason is happy that he has so many fans and many who are team Jason, they will be his fanbase for the new show he is shopping around.

http://www.allabouttrh.com/bethenny-frankel-jason-hoppy-shopping-separate-reality-shows/

So much for him not wanting to be on the spotlight, uhmm

You know what's funny about this 'article' is that the headline says they're both shopping for reality shows but the article actually states that Bethenny is shopping for a reality show and Jason is shopping to host a show (nothing about a reality show).  The source of this is Naughty but nice Rob who doesn't exactly have a great rep for reliability.