Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Why the hell is power broker mega CEO Victoria running around town talking to everyone in white jeans and a skimpy top? Yes, she can definitely pull that look off. But now she is in Adam's office, confronting him, and Pricktor walks in and counters her. Now she has to cross her arms across her because she is quite literally exposed.

They always put Victoria in power outfits. Locke has obviously diminished her power and she is vulnerable. So now she is dressed as such.

Locke has played her.

Bugs Bunny Wtf GIF by Looney Tunes

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Sally and Adam? Not a bad idea.

Why would Chloe warn Sally off of Adam? Doesn't she want her bestie Chelz free from him? And, are we supposed to believe that Sally has not googled Adam Newman?

Victoria wants a huge, spectacular wedding in the never heard about before Newman Tuscany Palazzo.

200.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Rey goes and wastes time looking for Mariah by going to interrogate Adam? Yeah he kidnapped Mariah who is pregnant with his nephew/neice because..... 

Seems like they're testing Adam and Sally.

Edited by Artsda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Rey goes and wastes time looking for Mariah by going to interrogate Adam? Yeah he kidnapped Mariah who is pregnant with his nephew/neice because..... 

Seems like they're testing Adam and Sally.

Does Adam look a bit healthier and buffed? 

And yeah Rey - this guy just proved he would risk his life for Faith (and really Sharon) so he's going to kidnap and endanger her grown daughter who he barely knows.

I'd suspect Rey first.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Well, I loved the Gloria scenes today. I was worried it meant she was off the show, but, no, she just appointed herself head of JVC. Or whatever alphabet co. that is.

I liked the Adam and Chloe interactions and am liking the Chloe/Sally bonding.

Even Michael, the DA, has never watched ID TV. What is wrong with these people?! A pregnant woman has been missing for weeks, and everyone is all, "yeah, maybe she just needed a time out".

Ashland is def not dying. I know, I have been saying this for some time. But he would never let that kid go if he was.

• Love 8

Well if Stitch is holding Mariah hostage, he is being pretty brazen by showing up at Abby's and going with her to Pricktor to get him to investigate. Weird.

Also, now he is saying that he had to give up the COS job because of his son's problems. I was kind of hoping that it was the Bad Seed Max that had kidnapped Mariah, but that doesn't clock if he is in hospital.

It feels way too obvious that it is Stitch, but Devon is on high alert.

I think it is hilarious that Abby tells Pricktor that Mariah has been missing for weeks, and he's all like, and you just came to me now?

Sharon Case is best when she has storylines of tragedy/grief etc. She does so well. Otherwise she has that weird crazytown look on her face.

They are def going for Adam and Sally and I am all for it. Why the hell not. Except of course crazy Chelz will appear at some point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 8/21/2021 at 6:45 PM, crowsworks said:

This really needs a gag emoji

Girl, I have been *saying* this for months now! Sooo many times a  useful, laugh, surprise, sad, like just do not cut the mustard man...

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Tracey is back and is awesome!

Okay, I didn't want to think it was Stitch, cause it is too obvi, but it is Stitch. And now he is ID'ing some grey haired man whom he saw buying Mariah's protein bars.

Wow, Rey Rey, are you f'ing stupid? Why would Stitch suddenly show up and then also suddenly provide eye witness testimony? I get that Abby is too stupid to figure it out, but Rey Rey? Come on!

Meanwhile, Mariah, who has made zero effort to use the lamps to break her way out of a wooden room, is going into labour.

Stupid People GIF by memecandy

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

did it result in a pregnancy?

Or is the mention of Dena by Tracy an anvil. Hell maybe it would be an op for Victoria to do a flash-back as the 'woman' who was the love of Ashland's life. Victoria stands by him and he dies in her arms and he calls her the woman's name. This could be Stanwick level melodrama...but it might be good so it won't happen. 

Ashland will be faking and take over Newman for the umpteenth time and a chagrinned Victoria will have to work for daddy... or dog forbid Billy

Edited by crowsworks
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Theo figures into this somehow. That's why little Hardluck has Abbott DNA.

Maybe the kid Dina gave away was twins (hey the MWT's never met a story they couldn't reuse) and one wasLocke's dad or something.

Then they could do the Victoria look-alike as the doomed lost love who died and made young Ashland rich. Something about Burgi makes me go all fan-fic-y.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, crowsworks said:

So who is the lucky, 'older', rich woman who used Ashland as her sexy boy toy. 

Katherine? Dina? 

Both?  It would be great if Traci included it in her latest novel

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Since the kid is gone to Milan, I think the story is done and Kyle's the dad.

Sharon said Rey has to run everything by Paul first? Since when? He runs all over town trying to arrest Adam for everything with no proof.

Stitch's story is so bad. Sharon's seeing through it now too, she's a better detective than Rey. Solving all his cases.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

This is the most bizarre storyline in a long time. Stitch has had a shitty life and in order to get close to Abby again he kidnaps a pregnant Mariah? WTAF??

After torturing us with this story for weeks, we get Stitch taking Abby to the house and unlocking Mariah's door. And then the actual DOCTOR! disappears as Mariah gives birth.

Why did they even do this story?

• Love 7

~5 times during each Y&R show on Global there is a Freedom Mobile ad with Will Arnett barricading the front door after the kids head back to school.  Other than the colour of the door, the view of the brick wall to the right of it reminds me of Lily's house.  I keep expecting Cane the gaslighter to peek in a window. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, bannana said:

I was wondering if there was a COVID outbreak on set that required Camryn to isolate and deliver increasingly cringe-worthy soliloquies for 2 weeks ... that extended to a month. Or maybe she was pre-shooting a lot of scenes to take time off for a vacation or another project.

When EB used to take a month or so off to attend soccer matches in Germany or 3 months for a hip replacement, there were always oddly contrived SLs to work around his schedule. Like plane crashes, presumed "deaths", and awkward times in Kansas or with Ramoana of the Desert (and the demise of Chet's Dummy). When a simple "Victor is working in the European office" would have sufficed.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I'm no Sally fan but Chelsea not liking her because of her past is hilarious. Chelsea who just poisoned a cop to frame Adam and put him in jail. Chelsea who embezzled and some much more is going to hold judgment. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, bannana said:

My guess is when the actor that played Chance was let go, rather than immediately bring back the temp actor (which would’ve actually required offering a contract) the show wanted to explore their options and went with a single, married Abby trying to decide what to do with her life while she wanted for Chance. The producers couldn’t decide what to do about an actor so they gave Abby the story of the surrogacy to give her a story while they continued to deliberate. They realized the surrogacy story was boring and the set-up was stupid as hell and panicked on what they could do to ‘save’ it- the solution being the return of fan favorite Stitch and an even bigger twist of ‘bittersweet’ resolution to Stabby’s doomed love that the producers thought would be entertaining to fans.

Basically, they wrote themselves into a corner, panicked, pulled a character related to Abby back to build a bit of goodwill before ‘wrapping’ up the story with a ‘didn’t see it coming (only we did) twist.

They'd have done better by either:

a) recasting Chance with Melissa’s husband again and playing out the original story for them or

b) if Chance had to bounce and the surrogacy happen, make the threat come from Mariah’s or Tessa’s past. Or heck, maybe a deranged Tucker kidnaps the kid as he’s still pissed Abby mowed him down and didn’t want his grandson raised by her. Makes as much sense as Stitch’s reasoning

c) if you bring Stitch back then use his military background to have had him know Chance with Chance asking Stitch to look out for Abby as his enemies may be coming for her and he can’t come home yet; Stitch and Abby’s old feelings come up as he plays her bodyguard with him dying protecting Abby and/or saving pregnant Mariah so that Stitch is at least able to Abby her happy ending with her baby after all and he’s reunited with his son who passed some months prior. Bowie is given the middle name is Ben. Done!

d) see part c but with Ronan swapped in, feelings with Abby stirred up but Ronan not dying but booking out once Abby and the baby are safe.

Chance being MIA has ruined his character. The show will have to do more work salvaging him than if they’d just recasted him with Melissa’s husband. And Chance was a great, believable good guy. Now he’s gone the way of Frisco Jones on General Hospital as a world saving deadbeat dad and lousy husband.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
On 8/27/2021 at 9:07 PM, TobinAlbers said:

the solution being the return of fan favorite Stitch

Stitch was a fan favourite?  I always thought he must know someone on the show with enough power to get him the original gig and bring him back since he cannot act.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Stitch was a fan favourite?  I always thought he must know someone on the show with enough power to get him the original gig and bring him back since he cannot act.  

He can sit at the Sharon and Phyllis table.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I was actually excited to have Stitch back, which gives support to the theory that absence makes the heart grow fonder, since I never cared for him originally. I'm super disappointed that the writers had him come back merely to ruin the character. It's like JT all over again. Stop bringing back past characters who were good and making them deranged show. Grrr. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

He was never this fan's favorite.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Nope. Where is Ravi or that cute silver fox dude?

Stitch was never this fan's favourite!  Ravi & Dr. Silverhair were great; Ravi with his young Jeff Goldblum vibe and Dr. Silverhair had a great sense of humour and was perfect for Ashley.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Stitch was never this fan's favourite!  Ravi & Dr. Silverhair were great; Ravi with his young Jeff Goldblum vibe and Dr. Silverhair had a great sense of humour and was perfect for Ashley.

Ashley! I couldn't remember who he was dating. Yes, he was wonderful. And young Jeff Goldblum vibe is perfection, good eye. We can never have nice things.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 4
On 8/27/2021 at 8:07 PM, TobinAlbers said:

Chance being MIA has ruined his character. The show will have to do more work salvaging him than if they’d just recasted him with Melissa’s husband. And Chance was a great, believable good guy. Now he’s gone the way of Frisco Jones on General Hospital as a world saving deadbeat dad and lousy husband.

Awww, I hope they don't ruin Chance's character with this awful storyline, it's already done enough damage. It takes away shared first baby experiences for three couples in love... Mariah/Tessa...Abby/Chance...Devon/Amanda (or Elena).

If Chance is undercover he's probably playing one of the bad guys. Whatever group he infiltrated is going to blow up a building, kidnap a governor, or something like that. He can't just pick up and leave because Abby somehow produced a full term baby in 5 months.

But I suppose Chance being a deadbeat dad is a way for Devon to get custody of his son. I have no problem with that, I'm more interested in Chance having his own son than watch him raising Devon's . I'm waiting for Chance to have Phillip Chancellor the V, or for some young women from his past to appear in GC with him. It would continue the history of classic Y&R for me.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, deirdra said:

When Stitch was first on as Dylan’s BFF from the military and all we knew about him was that he was a doctor and had a wife and kid, I seem to recall the reception to him being quite positive- even more than towards Dylan. Soon he was on contract and then suddenly he was on the outs with his wife for cheating on her, related to the recently introduced Kelly, and began romancing his way around town which is when affection for him began to turn. Stitch seemed like a lesson in how a cool supporting character could be turned into a leading character that you grow to hate.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

Dr. Silverhair had a great sense of humour and was perfect for Ashley.

But it would be even better if he fell for Tracy and Ashley returned and was like "What!" 

He and Tracy would be super

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Everyone seems to be social distancing this episode. Ashland is falling over and Nate's asking from feet away if he's ok.

Why does this baby need 3 last names? The baby has like 2 first names, a middle and 3 last?

Edited by Artsda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

So Phyllis is in charge of the Newman event? She is wearing a headset and saying shit about the client to her employees?

In no world would the General Manager/Owner of a hotel be the event manager for an event. This is hilarious, not.

There must be some sort of deal that MS has that she is on Show for so many minutes each day; otherwise, why is she there?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, bannana said:

There must be some sort of deal that MS has that she is on Show for so many minutes each day; otherwise, why is she there?

Satan is her agent.  

And his office is in one of ButtBiscuit's huge nostrils.

Who knew the Evil One would have such crap taste in AKTORS?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Nikki looked great in her dress, flattering to her figure for a change!!

So damned sick of the satin dresses they are putting on Phyllis with slits up to her crotch and her going bra less or undercups for her aging girls!  

And Sally got another red dye job!  The color is too severe against her facial tones and her hair is way too long.  Why are these ladies with daytime jobs being given party dresses to wear so much?!

Phyllis walking around with a headset was so ridiculous and not remotely real.  No idea why she gets so much damned airtime.  Every time I hear her say “dotter” I want to drop kick her to Italy!  Just wait until that Italian duo comes back… 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

For goodness sakes, put a bra on Phyllis and some spanx on those thighs. She does seem to like stomping around shaking those girls back and forth and up and down. Then we’re treated to Sally striding in wearing that hideous dress and that hideous hair color/style. She could be (and used to be) so attractive. Are TPTB trying to make her look cheap and sleazy? And please take Victoria out of those skin tight white pants and that pink slouchy blouse. Who the hell dresses these women?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Though it is high time for the richest woman in town to get a good bra fitting.

How long have we waited and asked for this woman to be treated to the right undergarments to flatter her older figure? She’s a beautiful woman and deserved better than what they were giving her in the wardrobe department!

• Love 6