Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

This was a pretty soapy episode, even after yesterday's soapiness.  I confess, I didn't actually watch the whole show, but I heard and saw some things.

Phyllis, there is nothing at all that is likeable about you.  Good luck.  Not that Nick is a prize, he is definitely not.  But he is kind of what Phyllis deserved, and he walked away.

I was convinced that whole Mia and Rey Rey scene was going to be her hallucination of her nightmare scenario, but it turns out to be real.  I have to think this is where they started to "tweak" the Mal stuff.  Yep, Mia is gone.  Normally, this would've been drawn out for several weeks.

At some point Abby should realize that Arturo is a bully and an asshole.

• Love 14

I'm glad Nick dumped Phyllis,  she of course took no responsibility for anything and just is all about herself. There's nothing appealing about her at all. Just vile and disgusting person. Billy going after her was awesome too!

Where is Faith? Since her mother is in jail, shouldn't she be with Nick? 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, bannana said:

This was a pretty soapy episode, even after yesterday's soapiness.  I confess, I didn't actually watch the whole show, but I heard and saw some things.

Phyllis, there is nothing at all that is likeable about you.  Good luck.  Not that Nick is a prize, he is definitely not.  But he is kind of what Phyllis deserved, and he walked away.

I was convinced that whole Mia and Rey Rey scene was going to be her hallucination of her nightmare scenario, but it turns out to be real.  I have to think this is where they started to "tweak" the Mal stuff.  Yep, Mia is gone.  Normally, this would've been drawn out for several weeks.

At some point Abby should realize that Arturo is a bully and an asshole.

I think, upon mature [& at my age, that's pretty much the only choice] reflection, that we're being hammered with Phyllis at the bottom of the wheel here. Perhaps rather than under it, which would be preferable. I only hope that this isn't the start of any kind of redemption arc.

One of the oddities lately--because of writers' transitioning?--is the way this is sometimes resulting in shocking, virtually tectonic, loyalty shifts. First, as observed the other day, Christine, no one's universal favourite around here, suddenly makes us kvell when opposite Phyllis and her rented Greyhound. And now, Billy, fergawdsake, when facing her yesterday? I was actually rooting for the character--has the earth tilted on its axis?

Mia--just get her off my screen before she self-justifies one more time. Got impulse control issues, hon?

And I'm of exactly the same opinion of Artooooooro as you-crappy, puffed-up little rooster. Off witya.

Topped off with SlowRey. Quite the family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Phyllis if you keep getting dumped for your toxic behavior and selfishness by guys who are even ethically gross cads themselves you mighty want to take a personal inventory 🤔 . You’d think she’d be bored of it by now.

Mia thinks being offended justifies assault and attempted murder. Being married to a sanctimonious cop doesn’t mesh well with that lifestyle. I don’t care if Abby was being a bitch it doesn’t mean she needs her head bashed. Also, notice your actual target before you go Hulk on people. Maybe Mia need to borrow Nicki’s glasses and assault tips. 

PB is in good shape for his age.

Abby is young and attractive and a billionaire, confused why Arturo is her best option. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Phyllis if you keep getting dumped for your toxic behavior and selfishness by guys who are even ethically gross cads themselves you mighty want to take a personal inventory 🤔 . You’d think she’d be bored of it by now.

Mia thinks being offended justifies assault and attempted murder. Being married to a sanctimonious cop doesn’t mesh well with that lifestyle. I don’t care if Abby was being a bitch it doesn’t mean she needs her head bashed. Also, notice your actual target before you go Hulk on people. Maybe Mia need to borrow Nicki’s glasses and assault tips. 

PB is in good shape for his age.

Abby is young and attractive and a billionaire, confused why Arturo is her best option. 

Right?  Her justification was that she wanted to show Abby that she couldn't humiliate her and treat her that way.  So the way to show Abby that is to assault her from behind in the dark?  How would Abby have gotten the message, Mia?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I think she has horrible daddy issues and makes questionable choices in mates.

There was Stich, whatever Summer's husband's name was, Scott.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Then there was the human trafficker...

Also? Arturo has stupid hair.

I hate the mushroom haircut. It isn't flattering to any man. Also tiny, skinny suits. Only Matt Bomer and David McCallum in his prime looked good in them. Any muscles, or ass and they look like crap. 

• Love 6

Jack, Ashley and Billy were each removed from the CEO position by a simple vote (Jack for going on a one-night bender). But despite all the Abbotts (aka the majority of the board) wanting Phyllis out they must scheme and plot and use new employee Kerry (!??!) and her inexplicable loyalty to the cheating trash (Kerry must know by know what Phyllis did to Jack, no?)  to remove Phyllis (an admitted co-conspirator in a homicide) from that office.

ok

Edited by miamama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Jack, Ashley and Billy were each removed from the CEO position by a simple vote (Jack for going on a one-night bender). But despite all the Abbotts (aka the majority of the board) wanting Phyllis out they must scheme and plot and use new employee Kerry (!??!) and her inexplicable loyalty to the cheating trash (Kerry must know by know what Phyllis did to Jack, no?)  to remove Phyllis (an admitted co-conspirator in a homicide) from that office.

ok

So Mal was still writing these crappy scripts.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, miamama said:

ok

Fuck.

Then I vote they just kill Kerry and dump her body in Phyllis purse.  Put Rey 

Rey on the case and they'll get away scot free.  

That's quite the executive team Jabot's got right now, isn't it?  We've got a low rent Medusa heading up the joint, with support from the delusional Norma Desmond wannabe, Lauren and ohsuchEXCELLENT help from that inverted asshole, ButtBiscuit.

John Abbott's legacy is in such safe hands.......

5 hours ago, Diane M said:

Summer is way too selfish to give up part of her liver to save Lola.  It will have to be Kyle.

Good thing it's a liver Lola might need a part of because if it was a brain, she'd be shit out of luck in that town.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8

So Mia lies about being pregnant and manages to find a pregnant lady at the hospital so she can pay her for her pee and use it on a pregnancy test to fool Rey Rey. Rey Rey is stupid. No way I would trust Mia to take a pregnancy test on her own. That bitch would have to strip naked and pee on the stick while I held it under her. Meanwhile Mia just flounces into the bathroom with her coat and purse. Gah. How on earth did Rey ever become a detective?!

• LOL 8
  • Love 13

I was so excited on Friday cause I thought we were rid of Mia, but now she is going to fake a pregnancy and hang around for a while.  How will she get pregnant?

Detective Rey Rey had no probs with locking up the woman he loves, but is going to cover for the woman he loathes?

5 hours ago, miamama said:

ok

I was wondering the same thing.  Why not just have the Board vote out Phyllis.  Hell, I think even Lauren would vote against her.

• Love 12

I knew Mia was gonna fake it. She'll probably steal someones (Abby?) baby to pass off .... wow what a mindblowing twist... never saw that before.

Someone theorized that Phyl was helping JT - now that would be a twist and good so it's (Prickvoce) "Not gunna happin"

• Love 7
5 hours ago, crowsworks said:

I knew Mia was gonna fake it. She'll probably steal someones (Abby?) baby to pass off .... wow what a mindblowing twist... never saw that before.

Someone theorized that Phyl was helping JT - now that would be a twist and good so it's (Prickvoce) "Not gunna happin"

Hmm, sperm-stealing, baby-stealing, pee-stealing. What's next? Poop theft?

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
On 2/25/2019 at 5:05 PM, peacheslatour said:

God, I hate Mia. And Phyllis. I hate Mia and Phyllis.

Mia is Phyllis. Did I just blow your mind?

11 hours ago, pearlite said:

Hmm, sperm-stealing, baby-stealing, pee-stealing. What's next? Poop theft?

God I hope so. Mal’s scripts need to be kidnapped and burned.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, bc1795 said:

Mia doesn't have to go to such extremes to explain the baby.  When it's time, she can buy a doll and wrap it in a blanket. 

It's not as though Rey will figure it out.

Yep, it obviously worked for Mother Rosales.  She named her dolly Arturo and now it's gonna become a REAL boy and marry Abby!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

So the highly ethical Rey Rey confirms that since Mia is preggers with his baby, he will keep her attempted murder activities a secret.  In fact, he acknowledges to her that it was an ACCIDENT!  I cannot wait till Sharon kicks him in the nuts.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, crowsworks said:

So is Kyle or Dummer gonna be a match. Spoilers say Kyle makes a deal. I bet the Mal-ignant answer is Dummer makes him promise to be with her to save Lola. Girl is not right. 

I hope you're wrong.  Maybe the deal is that Kyle will donate part of his live, and Arturo will allow him to visit Lola whenever he wants.  I can't see Summer doing something so selfless as donating part of her liver to anyone, let alone Lola.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, bannana said:

So the highly ethical Rey Rey confirms that since Mia is preggers with his baby, he will keep her attempted murder activities a secret.  In fact, he acknowledges to her that it was an ACCIDENT!  I cannot wait till Sharon kicks him in the nuts.

I hope Abby gets a shot as well.  After all her loyalty to this family, this "stand by her man" and his troglodyte relations, to have Rey Rey call what Mia attempted to do to her an "accident" because Mia cracked the wrong noggin deserves at least one well placed stiletto kick.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, boes said:

I hope Abby gets a shot as well.  After all her loyalty to this family, this "stand by her man" and his troglodyte relations, to have Rey Rey call what Mia attempted to do to her an "accident" because Mia cracked the wrong noggin deserves at least one well placed stiletto kick.

Well, it's not that dissimilar to what Nikki did, no? Jeebus. Rey would never have been allowed to arrest Mia in the first place. Can you imagine what it would be like if every officer of the law could slap a handcuff on a relative every time they pissed them off. Ty Rexx's Bail Bonds would be overflowing. BTW, it's conveniently located next door to Rexx's Rugs.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Well, it's not that dissimilar to what Nikki did, no? Jeebus. Rey would never have been allowed to arrest Mia in the first place. Can you imagine what it would be like if every officer of the law could slap a handcuff on a relative every time they pissed them off. Ty Rexx's Bail Bonds would be overflowing. BTW, it's conveniently located next door to Rexx's Rugs.

And Nikki was protecting her daughter from someone assaulting her.  In her own words, Mia says she wanted to humiliate Abby like she humiliated her.  Although I cannot understand how pushing someone from behind in the dark and breaking their phone is "humiliating".  

• Love 17

Okay, that was the most hilarious trial ever.  I lost count of all the things they were doing that were entirely out of the realm of reality, and decided to just roll with it and enjoy it. 🤣

One thing I noticed, no one yet knows that Sharon spilled to Rey Rey, and Phyllis, who is being shamed at the end of her testimony by, well, everyone, says that Christine asked her about details that she didn't reveal and notes that someone else snitched.  How is that they are so stupid they don't realize it was Sharon?

• Love 11

The director gave one direction:  HAM.IT.UP.

They chewed so much scenery today they ate the craft table.

The wicked bitch sisters at the end were hilarious.  You're treacherous, Mom!  No, you're treacherous, Sum!  LOVE YOU 4eEVER!

Also, great line from Michael next week:  I have never had a client lie to me as much as you two!

Is he wearing a wig?  I know he's had his roots done. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

i am betting the "deal" dummer makes with kyle is for him to marry her before she goes into surgery to give lola a piece of her liver..

IMO, there is nothing too low for dummer to do in order to get what she wants..just like her mother.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

The director gave one direction:  HAM.IT.UP.

They chewed so much scenery today they ate the craft table.

The wicked bitch sisters at the end were hilarious.  You're treacherous, Mom!  No, you're treacherous, Sum!  LOVE YOU 4eEVER!

Also, great line from Michael next week:  I have never had a client lie to me as much as you two!

Is he wearing a wig?  I know he's had his roots done. 

One thing I'm fixed on now: Phyllis is millimetres off her revival arc. So, ludicrous and loathsome [which pretty much epitomizes Phyllis and Summer as a duo] as that snippet of bonding was, I smell the acetone odour associated with Snakella rising from the bottom of the wheel.

Or, to put it bluntly, if her daughter's on her side, shouldn't we see that side of Phyllis? Sorta like asking, if Hank Himmler liked Hitler, shouldn't we see the goodness he sees?

Now, Michael's hair. A constant source of fascination to me--I always checked for that ole oxidization orange resulting from orange-based brown dye on grey/white hair. Top lighting brings it out every time. DOOL watchers may recall a similar effect on Mr Hogestyn, prior to his excellent reversion to silver. CLB sporting a piece? Could well be, if we're not seeing the oxidization.

Yup, that's about how interesting that trial is. Oh, maybe except for whatever somebody's doing to Tessa's hair. Nasty.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

KRUD...

perusing a different board and it was suggested that the deal dummer makes with kyle is HE HAS TO VOTE FOR THE PITVIPER for ceo instead of someone like say jack...

if her goes along with it, it would be like sticking a shiv in his brothers back...

of course mal is still writing this dreck so i can see it happening.😡

• Love 1