Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Zoie 1, I hope you know how much we all appreciate your recaps!! I love reading them so I’m prepared for the nonsense that’s coming in the US. Thank you!!

Yes, a thousand likes for Zoie!

• Love 8

A while ago I 'suggested' that they tap into the Orange is the NewBlack thing as they are already doing Big Little Lies.

Can't you just see Phyl with a pack of smokes rolled up in her sleeve? 

Sharon wearing her ankle bracelet. Dummer or Mia as Crazy Eyes... or Maybe Sharon.

Nick disguising himself as a guard. sexy time ensues.

Lily would be "Just NO!

Mop would start a riot over hair conditioner quality... before she slips between the bars and disappears.

Nikki would be 'Momma' and brew hooch in her toilet out of toast.

sarcasm is wasted on the Mal's of the world.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Hah, soon Rey Rey is going to have two of his wimmens in jail. He sure knows how to pick them. 

In my day women rivals fought each other in satin and lily ponds... now it's orange jumpsuits and shanks. 

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Where did Mia get those opal and diamond earrings?  The necklace Rey Rey gave her for their vow renewal looked like it cost 20 bucks, but she has these earrings?🤨

What exactly was her plan?  She bonks Abby, she thinks, and googles, Abby Newman attacked.  Was she hoping to find a story or not.  I don't get her objective. 😕

I liked Sharon's lawyer walking through all of the ways that Rey Rey screwed up his interrogation of her!  

Phyllis turning on the gang of four is no surprise, but wait till Nick finds out.

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

yep..he'll probably get real mad at sharon...🐵

You are so right. He will blame Sharon for JT abusing Vic, he will blame Sharon for hiding the body, hell, while he's at it he will blame Sharon for the situation in the Middle East and climate change.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

You are so right. He will blame Sharon for JT abusing Vic, he will blame Sharon for hiding the body, hell, while he's at it he will blame Sharon for the situation in the Middle East and climate change.

Nick doesn't believe in climate change.  His diaper is and always has been damp.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Where did Mia get those opal and diamond earrings?  The necklace Rey Rey gave her for their vow renewal looked like it cost 20 bucks, but she has these earrings?🤨

What exactly was her plan?  She bonks Abby, she thinks, and googles, Abby Newman attacked.  Was she hoping to find a story or not.  I don't get her objective. 😕

I liked Sharon's lawyer walking through all of the ways that Rey Rey screwed up his interrogation of her!  

Phyllis turning on the gang of four is no surprise, but wait till Nick finds out.

No clue where Mia got those earrings, but I want them. I love Opals and they were pretty. 

Yup, I think Mia was googling Abby to see if there was news of her being attacked. Mia is so self-absorbed, she wanted to see proof of her attack of Abby in writing so she could feel special. Girl is bonkers, and too damn thirsty. God, I hate her. 

• Love 10
On 2/16/2019 at 10:21 PM, jewel21 said:

No clue where Mia got those earrings, but I want them. I love Opals and they were pretty. 

Yup, I think Mia was googling Abby to see if there was news of her being attacked. Mia is so self-absorbed, she wanted to see proof of her attack of Abby in writing so she could feel special. Girl is bonkers, and too damn thirsty. God, I hate her. 

Watch, they'll blame Dummer (Expecting fans sympathy) while we root for the little known WI law that allows summary execution for bimbos with duck lips who lisp.

Summary....get it...hee

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I cannot find one fuck to give about whether Lola lives or dies or if anyone has the sads she might never wake up or if Mia is caught for attacking her thinking she was Abby (what the actual FUCK by the way???) or Rey is upset about any of this or whether Arrrrrrrturrrrro blames Kyle or is distressed about his photo being taken.  Mal actually centred Feb. sweeps around an entire family he introduced a few months ago????

As breathtakingly stupid as the four women in the police station is at least the story is about familiar characters.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
On 2/16/2019 at 7:21 PM, jewel21 said:

maybe on her quinceanera?

• Love 3

So Phyllis spills all to Cricket including naming Mariah as a witness, who gets hauled in and actually talks without a lawyer. WTF is wrong with these people!

Phyllis is so foul and unlikeable I actually enjoyed when Cricket took some shots at her.

I loved Kyle ejecting Dummer from the hospital, but it was too little too late.  And then Kyle gets ejected by the Rosales brothers!  Not fair!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I didn’t watch but Kyle told Summer she was nothing but a distraction for him? Isn’t that a bit harsh? Particularly as he added that she might be responsible for hurting poor little helpless Lola? I’m pretty sure he kissed Summer back. No?

And I can’t with Lola. She’s making me feel bad for Summer. This girl full on macked Fen in front of Kyle (and others) to hurt/humiliate him. Yet Kyle was still the one who apologized to HER.

Then Lola was upset and a VICTIM because he was making out with Summer AFTER she once again kicked him in the teeth for daring to do something nice for her.

Kyle crying at her bedside is ridiculous to me. Just leave her and her cheap purses to her asshole brothers and go help your father win back Jabot.

This is tone deaf writing. Lola should be crying at Kyle’s bedside and begging HIM for another chance.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 14
On 2/19/2019 at 8:27 AM, miamama said:

I didn’t watch but Kyle told Summer she was nothing but a distraction for him? Isn’t that a bit harsh? Particularly as he added that she might be responsible for hurting poor little helpless Lola? I’m pretty sure he kissed Summer back. No? 

Harsh, maybe, but Kyle is nothing more than a notch on Summer's bedpost once she 'steals' him from Lola. Heck, she was just on about Billy and she sharing a connection only a few months ago so I can't buy any depth of feelings on her part for Kyle when it ebbs and flows so much. This is why I kind of wanted her to be pregnant with Billy's kid so it'd actually allow for her to gain some depth and maturity - if written well.

As for being capable of hurting Lola? Summer caused the death of her unborn cousin by hitting a pregnant Chelsea and she also participating in bullying a kid into a near suicide. Summer can be careless like that about people so while I didn't think Arturo had any reason to think Kyle would violently attack Lola like that, Summer is a different story. Not that she'd violently attack Lola but that she'd do something careless or impulsive that resulted in Lola being hurt.

I'm about done with Kyle prostrating himself for Lola who has become a bit uppity, but it's also been good character development for him and when the right girl comes along for him, he'll be ready for a deeper relationship.

Edited by TobinAlbers
corrected family relationship
  • Love 9

Yes, this was a Nikki Newman centric episode to honour MTS's 40th anniversary.  There is not really anything to spoil, so I will just give a couple of my observations.

Overall, it was nice to see the flashbacks, especially the really old ones with Casey and Paul and Greg.  And even some of the others, because I took about a 15 year break from the show.

The premise is that Nikki is writing a letter to her grandchildren from prison, because no matter what happens, she knows they will hear about her past, and she wants to tell them the real story.  That's nice, but pretty much her past is presented as:

• she married many many times (it looked like 10 or more); they covered all of her husbands by having Nikki write to her gkids what all her names from her marriages are.
  • she's killed a few times, but she left out at least two I can think of.
  • she had a rough start, ended up in a cult and then a stripper.
  • Pricktor is the love of her life and no matter what he did to her, they would always get back together.
  • she's an alcoholic; they included a scene with Neil.
  • her strong friendship with Katherine, and with Jack.
  • Her love of family and friends.

Some of the clips make we want to go look up storylines on wiki. 

There was an awesome clip with Nikki and Kay, and Kay is coaching her on how to seduce Pricktor.  It was hilarious!

I think the episode was okay but because the flashbacks were her memories as she was writing to her gkids, we didn't get any Bobby Marsino or Deacon Sharpe or Nikki and Sharon traipsing through the sewers. 

• Love 12

I enjoyed the Nikki Newman saga, not for Nikki, because it did prove she's been a moron since youth, but to hear all that wonderful background music again. 

Best line from another board (paraphrasing):  Kyle reads a book of poetry to Lola, trying to reach her in her coma.  She awakes and immediately begins raging that he bought the book on Amazon instead of taking it out of the library. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

It's good they were included. I had forgotten Greg.

There were quite a few husbands she listed that I forgot about too.  I remembered Greg, but totally forgot about Deacon, and then there was a Bancroft and a Landers, I believe.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, miamama said:

Thanks @bannana

The premise of the letter to the grandkids does limit the flashbacks. Wonder why they didn’t just let her close her eyes and imagine. I would sooooo love to see the rats.

There are pictures of her entire family on the piano, I bet.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, bannana said:

There were quite a few husbands she listed that I forgot about too.  I remembered Greg, but totally forgot about Deacon, and then there was a Bancroft and a Landers, I believe.

I always remembered Joshua Landers because he was her gynecologist before being her husband. That part of the story freaked me out back then and still gives me an icky feeling now. Joshua also had a not dead crazy wife that dated the the butler Miguel when she was a maid at the ranch in disguise. Nikki's new lunkhead dull as dishwater new husband didn't recognize her so she ended up going crazy with paranoia which lead to her shooting Joshua to death and critically injuring Nikki. I think this is when Nikki and Pricktor had that deathbed not valid wedding that he thought he divorced the original Diane Jenkins for. The divorce was later declared illegal. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I read a recap of the show. Dylan wasn't mentioned. That's probably for the best.

Oh, that is correct, I never even thought about Dylan! 🙃  They did show scenes with her and Vic and Nick, as well as Sharon.  They didn't show any of the grandkids I believe, except they showed a scene about Cassie's death.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

I think this is when Nikki and Pricktor had that deathbed not valid wedding that he thought he divorced the original Diane Jenkins for. The divorce was later declared illegal. 

hmmm. i think the death bed wedding was because nikki was dying (not really) from some kind of terminal illness but she got better...however memories get confused with other memories sometimes..

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Jaded said:

I always remembered Joshua Landers because he was her gynecologist before being her husband. That part of the story freaked me out back then and still gives me an icky feeling now. Joshua also had a not dead crazy wife that dated the the butler Miguel when she was a maid at the ranch in disguise. Nikki's new lunkhead dull as dishwater new husband didn't recognize her so she ended up going crazy with paranoia which lead to her shooting Joshua to death and critically injuring Nikki. I think this is when Nikki and Pricktor had that deathbed not valid wedding that he thought he divorced the original Diane Jenkins for. The divorce was later declared illegal. 

I remember being a little icked out by that too at the time but what I really remember most about that storyline was when Dr. Landers said that he found Nikki to be a "fascinating woman". I remember thinking "fascinating"? All she does everyday is wander around the ranch alone waiting for somebody (usually Katherine) to come by and visit. I actually thought a handsome doctor could have done better than Nikki Newman.

The other thing I remember was I felt so bad for Miguel. He finally found himself a girlfriend who turned out to be a crazy, murdering stalker. Poor guy just couldn't catch a break.

I can't remember if that was the time that Victor got Diane to divorce him quickly so he could remarry Nikki on her deathbed. Too many near-death experiences to remember what happened with this one.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, boes said:

Thanks, Spinxella, so much, for always bringing us such great clips and information!

Yes, thanks Spinxella. I really appreciate the clips you put up since I can't bring myself to watch this show on a daily basis.

I'm really hoping that now Phyllis becomes a pariah to everyone in Genoa City. I would love to see some Karma smack her in the face and she loses everything. Her home, her job and that none of her exes will give her the time of day. I hope even Dummer turns her back on her. And just wait till JT turns up alive and Sharon, Vicki and Nikki are turned loose. Then Phyllis will really be sorry she turned a traitor.

Also, I guess this is further confirmation that JT is alive because how else will Nikki get off her latest homicide charge  and Christine lose another case by having it blow up in her face.

• Love 14

Phyllis is an unrepentant snake 🐍 and her daughter is following in her footsteps. 

Mia is a piece of work. I hope her slow husband, who makes Harriet the Spy look like a Quantico professor, stubbles onto the truth. She seems mostly concerned with converting her ass. Very Phyllisian. 

Victor’s empty threats are empty. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

Well Phyllis is homeless again. 

There's always the dumpster

7 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

She can go to the GCAC like she always does. Maybe Dummer will go keep her company. 

IN the DUMPSTER

3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Phyllis is an unrepentant snake 🐍 and her daughter is following in her foot

Victor’s empty threats are empty. 

Maybe Nikki will have a health crisis. In Jail. Then Phyl really will be sleeping in the dumpster.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

In the previews for next week it shows Rey Rey cuffing Mia.  So in the span of a few days he has arrested his wanna be girlfriend and his wife!

The court scenes with everyone glaring at Phyllis today were hilarious.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, crowsworks said:

There's always the dumpster

IN the DUMPSTER

Maybe Nikki will have a health crisis. In Jail. Then Phyl really will be sleeping in the dumpster.

IN THE DUMPSTER is my new favourite tag line!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Has Phyllis been going by the last name "Summers?"

I thought it stood out to me, that was how Christine addressed her in court while she address the other 3 all by last name Newman. Nikki Newman, Sharon Newman, Victoria Newman then there's Phyllis Summers. Not Abbot or something else. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Has Phyllis been going by the last name "Summers?"

I thought it stood out to me, that was how Christine addressed her in court while she address the other 3 all by last name Newman. Nikki Newman, Sharon Newman, Victoria Newman then there's Phyllis Summers. Not Abbot or something else. 

Rampage Von Pitviper McBackstabbingbitch wouldn't fit on the subpoena.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

So I know ya hate the Mal writing around here almost as much as you hate Jason Abbott, but I thought today had a lot classic soapy goodness... Billy wailing on Phyllis, Nick wailing on Phyllis, the ace up Mia's sleeve.  I thought it was good.  Though Arturo bugs me and Kyle makes the most unconvincing doctor since Nate Hastings.

And really, is there anything sexier than 80 year old Peter Bergman lounging around the living room in his undershirt?  Be still my heart.  

• Love 2