Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

On 2/15/2018 at 5:29 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

They really need to put Nick and Sharon back together. Nick has had no chemistry with ChelseaCon, Sage, or Phyll's sister whose name I can't even remember anymore. If for no other sake than Faith's (wherever she may be) please give her a break from the revolving door of her father's love life. 

Hell, no. Of all the things Young has ruined, they've seemingly rolled back Sharon's Nick obsession. I'd rather see her reuinte with Adam than ever look at Nick ever again.

Faith can suck it up. She doesn't have it any worse than Noah who watched his parents divorced over infidelity or Summer, who has to live knowing her origins and watching her family nearly divorce over infidelity or the clusterfuck that has been baby Christian's life (that will be upended yet again if Chelsea leaves town without him and/or his paternity gets revealed).

OTOH, perhaps seeing her parents together as the dysfunctional mess they always were will finally get her away from that idiot notion that she wanted them together in the first place. Either that, or she'll hate that having them under the same roof makes them harder to manipulate and pit against each other.

23 hours ago, jewel21 said:

So now Phyllis and Sharon are going to work together? Is that a pig flying past my window?

I know, right?

I mean, they've both moved on past Nick but I feel like I've stepped in the Star Trek Mirror Universe when I see scenes of them working together and no one's clawing at the other's eyes.

• Love 12

Some interesting developments today.

It turns out JT is actually working for Cricket and Paul.  Remember when he lied to them about his investigation to protect Drinki?  Well, via flashbacks to scenes we never saw, we learn that he didn't fool them, no siree!  So they coerced him into working for them to bring Pricktor down.  Apparently he is doing price-fixing on a global level.  So this was why JT stayed in town.  Apparently his feelings for Victoria are real, but he is still using her to get to her dad, so that will go well.  He got Paul and Cricket to agree to immunity for Vic, and I think I heard that he would get a job with Paul?  Who doesn't think that Prick already has this all figured out?

Kevin is back in town, and I guess I didn't realize that he and JT are friends.  Didn't Kevin try to kill Colleen, and JT saved her?  Anyhoo, it was weird to see them so chummy.  Phyllis and Sharon are now in cahoots, and decide they need to get a hold of Adam's DNA from the police database.  Hijinks, here we come.  Phyllis tries to pressure Kevin into hacking into the GCPD database, by trapping him in the elevator, of course.  He doesn't cave, but then later gives her passwords to gain access. Problem is, they need to get on a police computer.  Sharon tries to access the database from the hotline computer but that doesn't work.  So she, in the middle of the squad room, gains access via a police computer.  Paul even catches her, and she says she is just printing something.  He chides her for using the computer, saying it is a security breach, but allows her to continue.  HAHAHA!!!  She successfully gets Adam's DNA and hands it off to Phyllis, who has been running the coffee shop in her absence.  Hilarious!  Phyllis tells Sharon that it is a match, that Adam is Christian's father.  Rut roh, now what?  

Lilly tells Victoria that Hilary destroyed all their lives.  Vic determines that she would never have lost her company or been poisoned, if it hadn't been for Hilary.  Okay, that is some crazy logic.  Both Lane and Vic shun Hilary at TOTT.  Hil apologizes to Vic and says she is not that person anymore.  Vic says she is a sociopath, and Lily says she is satan.  So I guess Cane is innocent now?  Vic apologizes to Cane because of the sexual harassment bogus charges, and he apologizes back.  Wait, does no one remember that Juliet got fired because CANE TRIED AND DID SET BILLY UP?  And horny Vic made Juliet the fall guy for both Cane and Billy's screw-up.   Not to mention that Vic made horrible business and management decisions leading to that screw-up.  And Billy cut corners and poisoned the face mask.  Wow, they take no accountability for their own actions.  But Vic would happily exonerate her own father for the destruction he rained on Jack and Phyllis.  Not to mention causing the deaths of his grandson-in-law, and his grandson's fiancé.  But Hilary is the scourge of the earth.  Okay, then.  Cannot wait till Vic finds out her own lover is attempting to bring down her father's company.  She's so busy trying to take out Ashley.

We also had a very brief Mariah sighting who seems confused and troubled at Sharon and Phyllis being so chummy.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, bannana said:

Question:  can you guys see my recap post?  Cause it doesn't show up when I refresh the topics page.  I will repost if you cannot see  it.

I can see it. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, bannana said:

We also had a very brief Mariah sighting who seems confused and troubled at Sharon and Phyllis being so chummy.

Well at least someone is. I feel like I've stepped into bizarro-land.

Also, yay, Kevin!!

• Love 7
16 hours ago, bannana said:

Question:  can you guys see my recap post?  Cause it doesn't show up when I refresh the topics page.  I will repost if you cannot see  it.

Thanks for the recap! Hijinks here we come had me laughing!

• Love 5

Today was all about secrets and lies.

• Phyllis is conflicted about whether to tell Nick the truth about Christian.  She consults with Billy.  He says leave it alone, Nick will be destroyed, as will others.  Phyllis tells Sharon they need to keep the secret but Sharon is uncomfortable lying to Nick, again, about Christian.  But she promises to keep the secret.
  • Chelz finds out from Phyllis that they did a DNA test and also that Sharon now knows the truth.  Phyllis threatens her, saying she will get her some other way.  Phyllis is obsessed with Chelz going to jail to pay for stealing from Lauren.  But she is not going to tell Nick the truth.
  • Chelz pressures Nick to move up the wedding date, and even though just two days ago he did not like being pressured, he changes it to March 26.  He tells Sharon about the new date and the adoption plans, and she is getting uneasy about this.
  • Devon is so pissed at Hilary that he sends Tessa to tell her that all communications will be via Tessa from now on.
  • Billy sees Hil, who looks gorgeous in white, at TOTT and listens to her tales of woe.  He encourages her to use her platform to make things right.
  • JT and Vic are doing a Valentine's Day do-over.  Billy comes over to pick up the kids and JT nearly bites his head off.  He's getting texts from Paul that he better get something on Prick soon.  JT and Vic go to TOTT but JT apparently didn't hit send on his Open Table reservation.  He tries to use Victoria's status as a Newman to get a table, but she says they should just wing it.  It ends up that they take a carriage ride in the park and have hot dogs from a vendor, and then they come home to an empty house.  They are having sexy times on the sofa (sure hope Reed doesn't walk in) and JT starts talking about NE and a branch he has an interest in.  Hah!  So smooth, JT.
  • Nick tells Chelz that Sharon had something on her mind and wanted to talk to him about it, but they got interrupted by Phyllis.  Chelz looks worried.
  • Hilary closes her show talking about how lies can destroy lives, and she even quotes the bible!  Everyone in town seems to be watching the episode.  Sharon is closing up at CL and is moved by Hilary's words.  She picks up the phone to call Nick to tell him the truth, he answers, and she gets BONKED ON THE HEAD with a thermal coffee pot by someone wearing black gloves.  It must be Chelz, but for some reason they didn't show her face.  It's almost as if Bonker-in-Chief Chloe is back in town.  Not sure what Chelz' game plan is, but she is getting quite desperate.  
Edited by bannana
forgot to include the bonking weapon
  • Love 20
18 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Bannana, that is the best reason for editing I’ve ever seen ???

I actually thought Phyllis was the bonker...

Well, Phyllis is certainly someone I'd suspect doing a drive by boinking. 

Oh, you said "bonking" ..... 

• Love 20
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, bannana said:

Cannot wait till Vic finds out her own lover is attempting to bring down her father's company.  She's so busy trying to take out Ashley.

I can't really blame her. Someone needs to wipe the smug cockiness off Ashley's face.

• Love 4

This looks interesting - from the Michael Fairman soap site -  

News - Soap Buzz

February 21st, 2018Jamie Lyn Bauer, Janice Lynde, Meg Bennett Reprise Their Y&R Roles For Its 45th Anniversary!

Fantastic news for longtime fans of The Young and the Restless.

Three former leading ladies are returning to the series to help celebrate the top-rated daytime drama’s 45th Anniversary the week of March 26th.

EW.com reports that Jamie Lyn Bauer (Ex-Lorie Brooks), Janice Lynde (Ex-Leslie Brooks) and Meg Bennett (Ex-Julia Newman) are returning for the celebration and in story.  They are taping their episodes beginning today on Wednesday.

Bauer who has also played Laura Horton on DAYS, was front and center on Y&R from 1973 to 1982. She returned to Genoa City for visits in 1984 and 2002.

Lynde, who originated the role of Leslie from 1973 to 1977 and Bennett first came on to the scene in 1986 and played the role for six years on and off, and returned once on-screen in 2002.

It is said that Bennett impressed Bill Bell (Crestor, Y&R) with her script skills, that she also became a script writer for Y&R in the 80′s, and later writing for Sunset Beach, Santa Barbara, General Hospital, GH: Night Shift, Generations and The Bold and the Beautiful.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, boes said:

This looks interesting - from the Michael Fairman soap site -  

News - Soap Buzz

February 21st, 2018Jamie Lyn Bauer, Janice Lynde, Meg Bennett Reprise Their Y&R Roles For Its 45th Anniversary!

Fantastic news for longtime fans of The Young and the Restless.

Three former leading ladies are returning to the series to help celebrate the top-rated daytime drama’s 45th Anniversary the week of March 26th.

EW.com reports that Jamie Lyn Bauer (Ex-Lorie Brooks), Janice Lynde (Ex-Leslie Brooks) and Meg Bennett (Ex-Julia Newman) are returning for the celebration and in story.  They are taping their episodes beginning today on Wednesday.

Bauer who has also played Laura Horton on DAYS, was front and center on Y&R from 1973 to 1982. She returned to Genoa City for visits in 1984 and 2002.

Lynde, who originated the role of Leslie from 1973 to 1977 and Bennett first came on to the scene in 1986 and played the role for six years on and off, and returned once on-screen in 2002.

It is said that Bennett impressed Bill Bell (Crestor, Y&R) with her script skills, that she also became a script writer for Y&R in the 80′s, and later writing for Sunset Beach, Santa Barbara, General Hospital, GH: Night Shift, Generations and The Bold and the Beautiful.

I responded to this in the other thread. I knew Julia had come back in the 2000's.  And I forgot the actress wrote for soaps.

• Love 2

Okay, so this crazy exit storyline for Chelz is perhaps worse than Chloe's exit.

I missed yesterday's CDN.  Today it picks up with Phyllis waking up in the hospital and Nick at her side.  Chelz is at the ranch and convinces Drinki that she has to take the kids from their beds because she and Nick are taking them on an outing the next day.  Not sure why Drinki didn't just say, I'll have them ready for you in the morning bright and early.  But nope, they dragged those boys out of bed and off Chelz went, after a grilling from Drinki, who thinks this has more to do with Nick's battle with Prick.  Chelz then calls Nick from her car and tells him she is going to be working all night long at her studio.  He tells her he is at the hospital and about Sharon.  Chelz is sympathetic and seems relieved to find out that Sharon will be okay.  He says he will be there for a while.  So she's got her head start, except....

Phyllis is on the case.  She is sure Chelz bonked Sharon and is going to flee with the kids.  Phyllis goes to the hospital to convince Nick.  She says she went to his apartment and Chelz and the kids were not there.  He tells her Chelz is at work and the kids are at the ranch and says she is crazy and tells her to get lost.  Chelz calls Prick to ask about the kids, and she tells him her suspicion about Chelz.  He tells her to mind her own beeswax, but then he learns from Drinki that the kids are gone.

Phyllis manages to get in to see Sharon and tries to convince her to tell the police that it was Chelz, even if she didn't see her.  Sharon says she won't lie to the police and cannot believe that Chelz would be violent.

Chelz on the run has multiple flashbacks of her romance with Nick, all of which I ff'ed through.  She seems to regret what she is doing to Nick.  Prick is trying to track down Chelz (he apparently has a GPS tracker on her car!) and finds her car, but it isn't her, it is Jordan.  He says that Chelz sold him her car, and that she needed to leave town in a hurry.

Mariah convinces Nick to go home. Paul questions Sharon, and is quite annoyingly aggressive.  He tells her that her attacker has committed a federal felony. She tells him she cannot remember anything and didn't see her attacker.

Chelz has left Nick a note but he doesn't notice it, and just watches TV.  Victoria's doorbell rings and little Christian is the only one there.  She is stunned to see Christian and brings him inside and calls Nick.  Nick says he will be right over, and on his way out he sees the note, which has the engagement ring in it.  It looks like a rather lengthy note and he sits down to read it.  What about Christian, Nick?  She tells him in the note that she has taken Christian and Connor because she couldn't bear to separate them.  She admits to the theft, that she didn't want her world to be threatened.  She tells him she always needed an escape plan.  She thought nothing would come of the theft, but everything went wrong.  She expresses her shame, but says she cannot go to prison.  Chelz professes her love for Nick.  Nick looks mildly distressed, like he had a bad burrito.

Prick arrives back at the ranch and Phyllis is there with Drinki, who is clueless.  Prick looks solemn, or angry, or annoyed.  I could not quite tell.  

• Love 17

Today was a rather boring episode as the follow up to the Great Escape.

• It's the next day and Prick is telling Drinki that he has people on the hunt for Connor, in addition to the police within a 500 mile radius.  He says she has done multiple felonies and they have her confession in the letter, and that they will find her.  He says she has no one to help her (but at the end  of yesterday's show we did see Chelz talking to someone on the phone, I just assumed it was her mother).  They talk about Chelz picking up the boys, and taking off with them, and that thankfully she brought Christian back.  Drinki says she loves both the boys equally, biology doesn't matter.  Prick says they should go see Christian, and Drinki is worried about barging in on Nick. 
  • Hil and Phyllis are at the GCAC talking about how Devon despises her now, though Phyllis tries to encourage her to keep pursuing him.  Hil says it is hopeless.  Phyllis encourages her to get back on the baby daddy search.
  • Nick is just hanging out with Christian at his apt, er, Chelz' apt.  Wonder how she is going to get that asset back?  He tries to explain the new situation sans Chelz/Connor.  Phyllis comes by to check on him.  He tells her about the letter and he says Chelz wrote something about Christian that doesn't make sense.  He wonders why Chelz returned Christian.  Phyllis says she probably didn't want to deal with kidnapping charges.
  • At the hospital, it seems Mariah and Sharon are still in the dark.  Sharon seems pretty pleased to hear that Nick was pacing the floor worrying about her.  They talk about what a great guy Nick is, especially after Sharon kept his son from him.  Sharon tries to call Nick and Phyllis intercedes.  She then rushes to the hospital to badger Sharon, and to bring her up to speed on Chelz.  Sharon just cannot believe that Chelz bonked her on the head.  Phyllis harangues Sharon -- she doesn't want her to tell Nick the truth.  Sharon doesn't want to lie to Nick again.  Phyllis is generally unpleasant.
  • Drinki and Prick show up at Nick's and there is tension between father and son, but Drinki mediates and tells Nick that his son needs all the love he can get.  Prick tells Christian he is tough, just like his dad and granddad.  EB does a pretty good job playing with little Christian.  Drinki is upset that she allowed Chelz to take the boys, but they both say it is not her fault.
  • Hilary is browsing the sperm donor shopping site.  She starts to have fantasies about having the baby, and the sperm donor takes the baby from her in the hospital.  In another one, she is pregnant and meets the donor, and he is promptly arrested for a triple murder. After all that she decides to give on the donor angle.  She is very emotional and upset, and she and Mariah talk about how they were raised, and Hil breaks down and MARIAH HUGS HER! Of course Devon walks in.  Hil tells him it is personal and none of his business.  She is very frosty toward him. He wants to make some changes to the show, and she blows up and quits.  She starts packing up her stuff, and he informs her she is contractually bound, and cannot quit.

I thought it was so strange that we had no follow up of Nick going to Vic's to pick up Christian, of Nick telling his sister and his parents and the police.  It was quite anti-climactic.  Plus Nick just looks like his favourite hockey team lost the playoffs, not like his fiancé left him after lying to him and committing felonies.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, bannana said:

• He tells her about the letter and he says Chelz wrote something about Christian that doesn't make sense.  

Nick is -- how do I put this? -- slow on the emotional uptake, so even this note from Chelsea would leave him puzzled:

"Dear Nick,

You are not Christian's biological father.  Adam is Christian's father.  Which means the seed that begat the child known as CHRISTIAN ANDREW NEWMAN belonged to your brother (ADAM NEWMAN) not you (NICK NEWMAN). My heart is breaking for you (the man who did not father Christian) but even though Adam is Christian's real father, I'm sure you'll always love Christian (ADAM'S  SON)  as if he were your own (WHICH HE IS NOT) so I am leaving CHRISTIAN  (aka CHRISTIAN ANDREW NEWMAN, fathered by ADAM NEWMAN) with you (THE MAN WHO DID NOT FATHER CHRISTIAN).

I am also taking Connor and leaving the ring.  A desperate act to cover my tracks. The gun and the cannoli, as it were. Farewell."

Nick reads:  "Wait -- Chelsea bought cannoli? And then took it? But what will my biological son Christian and I eat tonight for dessert?"

22 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

Why is Sharon on oxygen?

The story fumes are killing her.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 23

I sm intrigued by your ideas, film noire, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. 

Ideally, Chelz would reveal Christian’s true paternity through a series of simple pictures. Sure, Nick would spend hours tittering and, perhaps, self-pleasuring to the drawings of the hate sex that led to CAN. The truth behind the bold ink lines would soon dawn on Nick, leading him to scale a tall Genoa City building with a Barbie doll clenched in his hairy knuckles until Paul calls in the National Guard. Nick will plead guilty to misdemeanor manpain and be sentenced to community service as Hilary’s sperm donor. Once in a great while, always after midnight, Nick will sadly slip one hand through the front slit of his boxer shorts while the other reaches under his pillow for the worn and wrinkled picture Chelsea drew for him. Five seconds later, he falls asleep and dreams of satisfying a lusty banana cream pie.

Or something like that.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I am intrigued by your ideas, film noire, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. 

; )

Ideally, Chelz would reveal Christian’s true paternity through a series of simple pictures. Sure, Nick would spend hours tittering and, perhaps, self-pleasuring to the drawings of the hate sex that led to CAN. The truth behind the bold ink lines would soon dawn on Nick, leading him to scale a tall Genoa City building with a Barbie doll clenched in his hairy knuckles until Paul calls in the National Guard. Nick will plead guilty to misdemeanor manpain and be sentenced to community service as Hilary’s sperm donor. Once in a great while, always after midnight, Nick will sadly slip one hand through the front slit of his boxer shorts while the other reaches under his pillow for the worn and wrinkled picture Chelsea drew for him. 

LOL (You are so so fucking funny, Ninja ;) 

Five seconds later, he falls asleep and dreams of satisfying a lusty banana cream pie.

"Orange you glad I DID say BANANA?" (humphumphump). 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

Why is Hillary still on this show? I am so tired of her, and her aimless storyline. She wants Devon back. He doesn't want her. She wants to leave. He doesn't want her to leave. Who the **** cares? The daydreaming about her possible baby daddy was sooo dull, I had to ff. Does anyone really want Hillary to bring a mini Hillary into the world? Not me. Do TPTB really think Hillary is such a fan fave that she deserves a continued front and centre storyline? Am I just out to lunch? Because I can't stand her, and don't understand why she is still on my screen. Why could ChesleaCon not have taken HillaryCon with her? 

I love that Mariah is now calling Sharon "Mom", and hope she continues to. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Why is Hillary still on this show? I am so tired of her, and her aimless storyline. She wants Devon back. He doesn't want her. She wants to leave. He doesn't want her to leave. Who the **** cares? The daydreaming about her possible baby daddy was sooo dull, I had to ff. Does anyone really want Hillary to bring a mini Hillary into the world? Not me. Do TPTB really think Hillary is such a fan fave that she deserves a continued front and centre storyline? Am I just out to lunch? Because I can't stand her, and don't understand why she is still on my screen. Why could ChesleaCon not have taken HillaryCon with her? 

I love that Mariah is now calling Sharon "Mom", and hope she continues to. 

Thank God. I thought I was the only one who loathes Hilary. I despise even more than Phyllis or ButtBiscuit.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Thank God. I thought I was the only one who loathes Hilary. I despise even more than Phyllis or ButtBiscuit.

I don't know who I hate more but when Hilary has scenes with either of them it almost make them seem human compared to her. When Butt and Phyllis have scenes with anyone else they are just as awful as always.

• Love 4

I love Hilary. Always have. She's suffered from poor writing much like Sharon did for so many years. The more the show destroyed her character to prop up their pets (first Ashley, then Mariah) and had her as some cartoon villain, the more I rooted for her and hated their golden girl(s). Now they've thrown her under the bus for Cane and I love her and root for her even more. 

Hilary is also on because Mishael Morgan can act and has charisma and screen presence. She's a chemistry magnet and is very sexy.  She's capable of driving story and remains the ONLY young actress on this show who has all these qaulities.  The actress has pulled off every storyline the show has given her despite most of it being crap. She's a star and I'm glad that TPTB recognizes this and keeps her in story front and center. She's earned it. 

Hilary is also on because she's polarizing. Love or hate, but there aren't many that can be apathetic about the character. 

• Love 8

Must agee... Hilary has almost as many bus tracks as Sharon... and still she is a magnet for the eyes. Let her and Mariah team up instead of Phyliss. Why is Mariah forced into the ingeniue roll when she should be tough and salty and she and Hil can rule GC while tamping down the Worst parts of the other's naughty antics. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, DivaT said:

I love Hilary. Always have. She's suffered from poor writing much like Sharon did for so many years. The more the show destroyed her character to prop up their pets (first Ashley, then Mariah) and had her as some cartoon villain, the more I rooted for her and hated their golden girl(s). Now they've thrown her under the bus for Cane and I love her and root for her even more. 

Hilary is also on because Mishael Morgan can act and has charisma and screen presence. She's a chemistry magnet and is very sexy.  She's capable of driving story and remains the ONLY young actress on this show who has all these qaulities.  The actress has pulled off every storyline the show has given her despite most of it being crap. She's a star and I'm glad that TPTB recognizes this and keeps her in story front and center. She's earned it. 

Hilary is also on because she's polarizing. Love or hate, but there aren't many that can be apathetic about the character. 

What storyline was Hilary in that propped Ashley (I just cannot recall)?

• Love 1

I like Hilary a lot, but I can acknowledge she’s a world class asshole a lot of the time. There really isn’t any pretending otherwise by the show, unlike on another show that shall remain nameless and features a vile, hateful, nasty, heartless, violent, toxic, manipulative bag of ass who is inexplicably written as a poor, put-upon innocent victim. Not that this other show has made me bitter. Not me. Hilary is a damn treat in comparison.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I like Hilary a lot, but I can acknowledge she’s a world class asshole a lot of the time. There really isn’t any pretending otherwise by the show, unlike on another show that shall remain nameless and features a vile, hateful, nasty, heartless, violent, toxic, manipulative bag of ass who is inexplicably written as a poor, put-upon innocent victim. Not that this other show has made me bitter. Not me. Hilary is a damn treat in comparison.

Don't leave us hanging. Dish!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DivaT said:

I have to disagree with the above comparison. The difference is that Sharon suffered from poor, out of character writing for 10 years! LML started it after Cassie's death, then every single writing regime after that continued with the destruction of that character. Sharon has been used to prop Phick, Phyllis, Adam, Chadam, Navery, Dylan, Scott- I could go on and on. That's why I don't care SSM had Sharon get her life back together in record time- it was long overdue. Sally did what previously head writers promised, but ultimately failed to deliver- she "fixed" Sharon. She wrote her as the woman she we first met over 20 years ago.

Hilary, on the other hand came to Genoa City hell bent on destroying Neil's family. It's not like she's being written OOC like Sharon was. Hilary has always been about Hilary, which doesn't mean that she can't change, but still. However, I do think that her current storyline of having baby fever is beyond stupid and it just shows that Mal has no idea what to do with her. If Bill Bell was writing this, Hevon would have reunited before Hilary's role in Juliette's lie was revealed, then Hilary would've discovered that she was pregnant, leaving Devon conflicted. Yes, it's predictable, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense than what Mal is writing now. 

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 16

I really like the disagreeable, nasty, duplicitous Hillary. We needed one truly despicable person on this show besides Victor. I can’t even stand to see his face anymore. I’m always interested to see what devious plot Hillary is going to come up with next. She doesn’t need to be with Devon. He’s too boring and good. Phyllis could have been another one to root for as a bad person but she’s gotten to be so snarly, thin lipped and hateful, I just want her to go away with Buttbiscuit. Far, far away never to return. In fact, I really can’t find one person to root for on this show at all. Plus the fact that the plot is all over the planet. Well, yeah, I can find one person to like— Mariah. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Must agee... Hilary has almost as many bus tracks as Sharon... and still she is a magnet for the eyes. Let her and Mariah team up instead of Phyliss. Why is Mariah forced into the ingeniue roll when she should be tough and salty and she and Hil can rule GC while tamping down the Worst parts of the other's naughty antics. 

Maybe the show had hopes of Mariah picking up Sharon's mantle as the new young heroine. I'm assuming this because they put an inordinate amount of effort into telling us hilary was evil and underserving to juxtapose her against Mariah to sell Mariah as good, white hat, and deserving. It worked. Mariah is now the bestest gal that everyone loves while Hilary  bears much scorn. 

18 hours ago, bannana said:

What storyline was Hilary in that propped Ashley (I just cannot recall)?

When the show first decided to change Hilary's character after her coma and she became obsessed with running Genoa City, her first "victim" was Ashey. She had to get rid of Ashley to run a company that Devon owned. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ezzylin said:

I have to disagree with the above comparison. The difference is that Sharon suffered from poor, out of character writing for 10 years! LML started it after Cassie's death, then every single writing regime after that continued with the destruction of that character. Sharon has been used to prop Phick, Phyllis, Adam, Chadam, Navery, Dylan, Scott- I could go on and on. That's why I don't care SSM had Sharon get her life back together in record time- it was long overdue. Sally did what previously head writers promised, but ultimately failed to deliver- she "fixed" Sharon. She wrote her as the woman she we first met over 20 years ago.

Hilary, on the other hand came to Genoa City hell bent on destroying Neil's family. It's not like she's being written OOC like Sharon was. Hilary has always been about Hilary, which doesn't mean that she can't change, but still. However, I do think that her current storyline of having baby fever is beyond stupid and it just shows that Mal has no idea what to do with her. If Bill Bell was writing this, Hevon would have reunited before Hilary's role in Juliette's lie was revealed, then Hilary would've discovered that she was pregnant, leaving Devon conflicted. Yes, it's predictable, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense than what Mal is writing now. 

Hilary was redeemed for 2 full years after her entrance story. So this idea that she's always been the way she was written after the coma is wholly inaccurate. Yeah, she cheated on blind Neil with his son. She had alot of guilt and remorse for that. Devon and Hilary wore Scarlet letters for years. Still do to an extent cause they weren't allowed an ounce of happiness ever. Unlike Philly who were quickly washed clean and currently live in bliss. 

So, again, this is just like Sharon. Only difference is Sharon has been on longer  so she had years of decent writing to allow fans to love her before she was bused. Hilary hasn't ever really been allowed that kind of protagonist writing that gets the audience to form a truly positive opinion for the character. 

I'm hoping that this time, the show takes the opportunity to give Hilary more positive writing for an extended period of time instead of throwing her under the bus to get fans to root for these characters they are too lazy or inept for the writing do the work or whom they don't trust the actress/actor to pull the story off without being propped. Find another villain, at least. Give her a rest. 

8 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't want Hillary to be redeemed. I like having a real villain on the show with real claws. I hope TIIC don't decide to change her into a Mary Sue, it's fun to have someone we love to hate.

Maybe fun for you but it sure isn't fun for Hilary's fans. Much like it wasn't fun for Sharon fans for the past 8 years watching her be written into the ground for every new and old heroine the show wanted to make on her back. 

Honest question: would you be fine with the show doing this to a character you love? Or is it good for Hilary because you don't like her and want to be justified in hating her? 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, DivaT said:

Maybe the show had hopes of Mariah picking up Sharon's mantle as the new young heroine. I'm assuming this because they put an inordinate amount of effort into telling us hilary was evil and underserving to juxtapose her against Mariah to sell Mariah as good, white hat, and deserving. It worked. Mariah is now the bestest gal that everyone loves while Hilary is bears much scorn. 

When the show first decided to change Hilary's character after her coma and she became obsessed with running Genoa City, her first "victim" was Ashey. She had to get rid of Ashley to run a company that Devon owned. 

I do remember Hil saying she was going to "run GC".  I cannot remember that she went after Ashley or a company she owned/Devon owned.  Again, I simply cannot recall, can you fill in some blanks for me?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, DivaT said:

Honest question: would you be fine with the show doing this to a character you love? Or is it good for Hilary because you don't like her and want to be justified in hating her? 

Answer:  Billy Abbott.  Who we currently are oppressed by bears little resemblance to the character I liked.

Hillary has never, other than a few episodes of fleeting regret, been anything other than a variation on a theme of constant vengeance and delusional self entitlement.  No worries about her trumpeting her "strengths" and her "troubles", she never shuts up about them.  If self pity was an Olympic sport, she'd be covered in gold. With the obvious exception of what Kneel did to her.

Her character hasn't suffered any "assassination" that I can see - she's pretty much now what she's always been since her introduction.  

No need for justification in "hating" her that I can see.  She's acting pretty much like she was introduced.  Your Hillary seems more like a wish list of what might have been but never was.

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, bannana said:

I do remember Hil saying she was going to "run GC".  I cannot remember that she went after Ashley or a company she owned/Devon owned.  Again, I simply cannot recall, can you fill in some blanks for me?

Dr Neville and Ashley went to Devon about funding Neville's research in some start up. He originally said no but Hilary convinced him to do it because she felt grateful and thought others could use the same "miracle". Ashley and Hilary were both running it but they bumped heads. Devon told them to work it out. They couldn't. But for some reason, Devon chose ashley to run it. She became sick. Hillary found out she was sick and used the knowledge to blackmail her to step down because she could no longer do the job due to being too tired and falling  asleep at her desk (that literally happened..lol). Hillary then became the villain so that we all could root for Ashley to regain her place in running Devon's company. 

• Love 3