Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, bannana said:

Hahaha!  Not quite, but that stuff with Thad and Amelia today really messed with my mind.  Remember when Burton and Taylor were on the outs IRL and did that movie where they were always fighting but really in love?  Or maybe I am just dreaming that happened.

wasn't that virginia woolf?

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, miamama said:

But as usual Phyllis is only there as some sort of decoration. Reed went off for his story. Billy went off for his. And Phyllis was nothing but a day player. They should just get Billy a blow up doll. Same diff. 

GT has made it clear that she just wants to play romcom arm candy. Mal is giving it to her. 

• Love 7

I hate that long, curly, dry, flyaway hair. Also hate how that kid acted to his parents, his attorney and the judge. I’d slap his butt into a strict military school in the next 30 minutes. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ezzylin said:

Also, Katie and Johnny sleeping over at Phyllis' apartment gets a major side eye from me. IMO, Victoria should not allow her anywhere near those children, even with Billy present. 

When has Phyllis ever been maternal or domestic? Somebody from Canada writes a synopsis on Y and R. She wondered when Phyllis got domestic and why Buttbiscuit wasn't helping her. OK, she didn't call him Buttbiscuit. That was me. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, miamama said:

The way it's written though clearly Mal wants to erase Villy and let Philly shine, as you say. I mean they even have the kids there. They are a real family now. The Philly family, messy house, all those KIDS, so real. 

They pulled the same crap when they wanted to move past Nick and Phyllis's affair to a legit real love story by suddenly having lil'Noah take to her and constantly reject Sharon and give her the stinkface. Phyllis is supposed to be the 'cool' adult to the kids of whoever she's banging. It's a fast cheap unearned way to 'portray' her human nurturing side.

• Love 14

I laughed at Reed's reaction when Victor told him he was getting a haircut, heh. I bet Reed will be on the phone in the next 30 minutes telling Victoria he's sorry.

I also feel awkward watching AH and TL playing opposite one another. Either they're back together, or their very professional actors because I feel awkward just hearing their lines and seeing them making out. I can't imagine how they must feel acting all this out if they're actually divorced.

Sharon inviting a family of strangers into her house is ridiculous. Put them up in a motel, Sharon. You have money.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

When has Phyllis ever been maternal or domestic? Somebody from Canada writes a synopsis on Y and R. She wondered when Phyllis got domestic and why Buttbiscuit wasn't helping her. OK, she didn't call him Buttbiscuit. That was me. 

She was neither. I mean she looked after Summer but I don’t think I ever saw her preparing breakfast. A character trait of Phyllis is “can’t cook is not domestic.”

And one thing MS always did (which I liked) is roll her eyes during Cassie love fests. 

But now she has no job, no life, no existence except servicing Billy and his children. I’m so pleased her fans are happy. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I also feel awkward watching AH and TL playing opposite one another. Either they're back together, or their very professional actors because

I seem to think they're back together or perhaps working on it by spending more time together. Just based on the timing of TL's return and this story. Why choose to return at this time for a love story with your soon-to-be ex / ex? Especially for TL who doesn't need the money to return to YR ever and successfully made himself with his Production company.

I did enjoy their fight and bringing up the past. Even Vicki with Deacon and running to marry Billy asap.

I laughed at Victor an Nikki's tough love, clean the stables on Reed. 

Phyllis is a home maker spending the morning making pancakes? LOL 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 9

The Phyllis as domestic goddess scenes are excrutiating. 

Mal Young must have some unfulfilled fantasies about staircase intercourse.

I will say that I am a huge fan of Young's subtleties. HERE IS TOXIC VIAL. HERE ARE ABBOTTS WITH TOXIC VIAL. OH NOEZ. TOXIC VIAL GONE. WHAT CAN HAPPEN.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

HERE IS TOXIC VIAL. HERE ARE ABBOTTS WITH TOXIC VIAL. OH NOEZ. TOXIC VIAL GONE. WHAT CAN HAPPEN.

lmao. I didn't watch but did ABBOTTS HANDLE TOXIC VIAL?

Because omg that is so funny. Evil Graham wore gloves so....

• Love 12

Admittedly I listen to the show without watching it. Like I have the Canadian ep playing on my tablet while I watch an NBA game on TV on mute. I'm going to assume Jack licked the vial, though, because Mal cannot write a clever set-up to anything. It's always a two ton anvil dropping on our heads.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

The Phyllis as domestic goddess scenes are excrutiating. 

Mal Young must have some unfulfilled fantasies about staircase intercourse.

I will say that I am a huge fan of Young's subtleties. HERE IS TOXIC VIAL. HERE ARE ABBOTTS WITH TOXIC VIAL. OH NOEZ. TOXIC VIAL GONE. WHAT CAN HAPPEN.

I'm thinking Mal writes with a ball peen hammer myself. Or maybe just with that middle word there [juvenile humour].

Philly should maybe drink some of that toxic stuff from AshLab--gwan over to Graham's for cocktails, you two!

And yes Victoria and JT was just weird to watch--but we did get a Deacon Sharp mention! Where is he when we need him?

But then there I was, not able to believe my eyes--NotBilly's get up! What the hell was that with the Nathan Detroit dark shirt and light suit? Does Mal find this attractive?

But then, part 2: my gal Nikki just steps up to the plate with sucky little Reed and hits it right out of the park! Go Nikki! And then, just for a moment, I softened on Victor... Sorry, I enjoyed the disciplinary speech, especially the part about mucking out the stables.

• Love 14

Well, the bigger question about the "toxic" vial of aldehyde is why it was even there in the first place, and biggest question of all is why didn't Ashley remove it from the shelf and have someone remove it to a toxic/volatile chemical disposal bin. Such a ridiculous set up and then leaving it on the same shelf where it was found and wasn't supposed to be at all. That's truly horrid writing. I suppose the Abbotts are being set up for poisoning whomever it is that gets dispatched this way. Gah.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Well, the bigger question about the "toxic" vial of aldehyde is why it was even there in the first place, and biggest question of all is why didn't Ashley remove it from the shelf and have someone remove it to a toxic/volatile chemical disposal bin. Such a ridiculous set up and then leaving it on the same shelf where it was found and wasn't supposed to be at all. That's truly horrid writing. I suppose the Abbotts are being set up for poisoning whomever it is that gets dispatched this way. Gah.

It's spectacularly bad. Like first we have to buy this nonsense that the Abbotts wouldn't sort out the POA/will ASAP. Then we are to believe Graham would not reveal the marriage to Dina, then Ashley and Traci peruse millions of pages of DOCUMENTS in minutes to discover a thick manuscript that someone copies, annotates and Michael superfast enters as evidence that the court accepts...

And now this shit. Highly toxic substance sitting in a perfume lab where the cleaning staff might knock it over.

JFC.

Mal is so so so so so so bad.

• Love 16
Just now, Toomuchsoap said:

Appending my previous post to add that aldehydes are used routinely in the production of perfumes, including such classics as Chanel No. 5 and 22.

right fair enough but the toxic stuff would of course be kept somewhere very safe -- and be very clearly marked -- in the lab.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

Do people really have sex on the stairs, or am I just a prude?

I attribute this to MY's gross predilections/fantasies.  Steps usually lead to rooms where more comfortable accommodations can be found.  No one is so horny that they can't walk a few steps further.

• Love 15
43 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Nope! Talked to my sister today and she was all “ Ewwwww!”

I seem to remember that basically he dumped her, citing irreconcilable differences, just before his movie La La Land (was he a producer or something?) was about to reap all the awards? I don’t know. I just remember thinking the timing was sketchy.

• Love 5

Was Heather Tom playing Victoria when she was involved with Billy, who at one time was played by Heather's brother Billy Tom?  If so, that particular Staircase of Love scene would be squickier than the one portrayed by Amelia and Thad.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Was Heather Tom playing Victoria when she was involved with Billy, who at one time was played by Heather's brother Billy Tom?  If so, that particular Staircase of Love scene would be squickier than the one portrayed by Amelia and Thad.

Amelia Heinle has always been the Victoria to Billy during the love story. It seems like she's been on there forever.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, catalogrrr said:

I seem to remember that basically he dumped her, citing irreconcilable differences, just before his movie La La Land (was he a producer or something?) was about to reap all the awards? I don’t know. I just remember thinking the timing was sketchy.

The timing was sketchy. He filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences -- according to news reports -- around the time his film was reaping rewards. It's not clear he dumped her. They may have both agreed that he would be the one to file for divorce. Like with Pitt and Aniston she filed though he did the dumping. But of course Angie did the dumping and the filing with Brangelina. 

Who knows what's up. I find it all very odd. Like how can you play these scenes in the same calendar year that you are divorcing? 

It's weird for the audience too. Again Mal is tone deaf. If they're a real couple the scenes are nice. But with a public divorce, I just feel sorry for them, tbh. Real life undercuts the stuff they're playing imo.

• Love 9

All right then...

So, Mal, we're playing needle, needle, who's got the needle? And, yes, Graham, Nick may be far too low on the sentient being scale to notice you hemming and hawing around the garbage can with your paper bag full of needle + toxin, but there are others... Speaking of which, wasn't something valuable shoved into that same garbage can a while ago? Isn't it too soon for retreads?

Then apparently Graham thinks, if I can't shoot up Dina, how about Ashley? I know, diabetes! Mal, just go away.

And then Nikki puts the maraschino cherry on the Sharon Canonization Sundae! And Mal says, double your money, double your fun! Check out this shocker! Nikki swoons into Sharon and calls her an angel! Are ya happy, fans?

• Love 7

Hmm, so Graham is setting Ashley up. I wondered what he was up to inviting her to see Dina. (who thought she was the cleaning lady. ) Why would Ashley even sit and have a meal with that creep,let alone  be nice ( pass my needle etc ,I'm diabetic.) I'd have poked him! 

Then he doesn't need it, too late, Ashley's fingerprints are all over it, awful writing, so obvious.

Nicky yelling the odds about Reed, she sent hers off to boarding school.

I do want to see Reed with his hair cut, and for him to stop running every time he doesn't get his own way.

Cane leaves the twinnies AND the baby, and is off to bring Lilly home

Good grief! 

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:50 PM, jewel21 said:

I only had time to watch part of today's episode. I'll finish it tomorrow but I did love the judge giving Reed his punishment. Poor little rich boy needs to grow up.

Ah, ye olde affluenza infecting the Newman youth.

• Love 5

I found the show pretty boring today.  Except for that moment when Pricktor was  creepily watching his daughter wrap her legs around her half dressed ex husband.  It was like a double ick factor, because I still cannot get over these scenes between AH and TL if they are truly not together.

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, bannana said:

I found the show pretty boring today.  Except for that moment when Pricktor was  creepily watching his daughter wrap her legs around her half dressed ex husband.  It was like a double ick factor, because I still cannot get over these scenes between AH and TL if they are truly not together.

holy crackers.....

LOL  i did read a spoiler about victor being blown away by a discovery....

• Love 5

The thing is if AH and TL have decided to hold off on divorcing why not say so? They are paired as a couple so it would add to their storyline to admit they are reconsidering. 

Instead it’s just weird.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

what do y'all think of graham getting ashley's fingerprints on the hypodermic needle?

is he going to shoot up dina and off her (inheritance) and then ashley will take the fall?

he sure is one slimy asshat...

It seems like this is where they’re going but it is dumb. Why would Ashley poison her mom? Who would believe she would? Especially immediately after her lab is robbed? Wouldn’t it be obvious it’s a frame job by the guy who stands to inherit Dina’s money?

Her mom isn’t even her problem any more plus she gets no money if she dies. So what would Ash’s motive be?

Framing Ash for trying to kill Graham maybe? But again why? She thinks he’s trash but killing him? Or Graham frames her for trying to kill Jack. Also stupid af.

This Graham character is stupid. He shouldn’t be in this story. I don’t even want to watch the Alzheimer’s story anymore. His presence and Dina’s “crimes” have turned it completely cartoonish.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, miamama said:

It seems like this is where they’re going but it is dumb. Why would Ashley poison her mom? Who would believe she would? Especially immediately after her lab is robbed? Wouldn’t it be obvious it’s a frame job by the guy who stands to inherit Dina’s money?

Her mom isn’t even her problem any more plus she gets no money if she dies. So what would Ash’s motive be?

I imagine euthanasia and Dina"s quality of life. Graham would need to get Ashley to express that she supports mercy killing if the patient becomes critical and have witnesses overhearing her.

• Love 5

I'm of the opinion that Graham is probably the one who will be killed, probably by Dina. I think he will probably try to administer the fatal syringe to Dina and somehow she'll struggle and in the process of trying to wrangle it into her, he'll poke himself with it or something equally ridiculous, since the plunger would have to be depressed in order to administer enough to kill himself with it. Talk about hoist on one's own petard! Anyhow, Ashley or Jack will probably find Dina with his body and she'll relay what happened (if she can remember it), or, more likely, she'll black out or freak out and won't be able to explain what happened, leaving a gap in the events. Paul will be brought in to investigate and the "evidence" will lead back to Ashley. Now why this wouldn't be highly dubious in relation to the recent break-in at the lab is beyond me. Ashley doesn't really have any reason to off Graham except he's a weasel con, but Graham certainly had every motive in the world to kill Dina to the tune of several million dollars.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I imagine euthanasia and Dina"s quality of life. Graham would need to get Ashley to express that she supports mercy killing if the patient becomes critical and have witnesses overhearing her.

But injecting her with some horrid toxin from her lab? I just think it’s goofy. Ashley has had no part of being Dina’s caregiver and all of a sudden she needs to commit a mercy killing? 

Wouldnt put it past Mal. Just saying I don’t buy it.

• Love 9