Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

What she is entitled to after his death is not necessarily what she is entitled to when he's alive.  Community property is how marital assets are divided for divorce. In the event of divorce, all property is not subject to community property, only the marital assets. During the marriage, one can have separate bank accounts/investments and titles of property in one's own name.

As I said, she would have "at a minimum"  been entitled to a dower's interest. The will would stipulate the division of his estate and to whom and in what proportionate share each of the beneficiaries would receive, which would divide the cash and securities remaining in the accounts after the properties were divided/sold off, etc. and expenses of the estate were paid in full, and the decedent has the right to give the estate to whomever or whatever they so choose, but any surviving spouse is entitled to a dower's interest.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

As I said, she would have "at a minimum"  been entitled to a dower's interest. The will would stipulate the division of his estate and to whom and in what proportionate share each of the beneficiaries would receive, which would divide the cash and securities remaining in the accounts after the properties were divided/sold off, etc. and expenses of the estate were paid in full, and the decedent has the right to give the estate to whomever or whatever they so choose, but any surviving spouse is entitled to a dower's interest.

I have no argument with this.  It means Turd is Dead!  But my point was what she gets after he bites the dust doesn't mean she can take it before.

• Love 5

Eh. I don't have a problem with Jack being ousted at CEO. He's been a horrible CEO for awhile now. Making decisions based on his personal vendetta against Billy. Deciding to step back to look after Dina and putting Ashley in charge for a nano second. Then changing his mind and deciding to run Jabot from home while he looks after Dina. Bringing in a new board member to stack the deck in his favour. And deciding to buy Chancellor Industries without asking anyone. He should have been not only voted out as CEO but ousted from the board as well. Add to all his has done his low blow of telling Ashley that John was not her father (though he did raise her and is the only father she knew) and Jack is a perfect example of how bad (and unbelievable) the writing has gotten for this show. Character assassination by incompetent writers. 

• Love 4

Yes, the writing is shit. But I don't think Jack's character has been ruined. The thing about all that Jack has done is that he did it in about one week. The personal vendetta against Billy I don't buy. He did nothing illegal (unlike B&S and Billy and Victoria). B&S is a competitor who was squatting in Jabot's lab. 

Everything else is as I said one-week-plot-motivated nonsense and so imo Jack's character is still intact. Jack has run Jabot for decades just fine while Ashley has flitted in and out at her whim.

If my brother who ran a big company for decades suddenly in a week behaved as show has him acting I'd sit down with him and see if he's okay; maybe insist he meet with a doctor and if he refused I'd tell him that he needs to step down because I am genuinely worried about HIM. I wouldn't plan a coup by first trashing him to his staff, then hold a secret board meeting, then holler at him that he's a failure and the biggest disappointment in his father's life and has NEVER run this company for shit.

They needed to build up this battle between siblings with a little more time and finesse.

Because the battle is the entertaining part. 

Mal is in a rush to get somewhere, where I don't know.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Yes. Bizarre indeed. And there is the little business of Devon having given Jill the money to buy Chancellor back from Victor or Jack or whomever held it after Katherine willed it to Victor after she died. Did MY not do a little research after he arrived on the scene a couple of years ago? Apparently not. I don't believe for one second that Devon would be okay with handing the company off to someone else without putting in at a very minimum his two cents worth if not more about this, and it doesn't even begin to deal with the fact that his biological father - and you, know, Katherine's son FFS - might have a little something to say about this as well, along with the other blood-related members of Katherine's family like her granddaughter and her grandson. I call bullshit on this stupid development. It doesn't deal with the reality of Katherine's legacy company and family members. And the stupidest - not to mention the most totally out of character shit I've seen in years is Jill of all people just blithely waving buh-bye to a company she fought and schemed to run for decades.

I've never seen Y&R go back and note that a small detail, such as a loan has been paid off, years after the main story line but.....it wouldn't matter if Jill hasn't paid back all of Devon's loan. After a sale any money owed Devon would be paid out to him. Just like when you sell a house with a mortgage. The mortgage company does not have any say on who you sell it to, and neither would Devon.

Since Jill bought the company from Victor, and did not inherit it from Kay, she really doesn't have to answer to anyone. But the point is Jill would never sell it. She has always thought of the legacy of everything Chancellor, especially when it came to Phillip's offspring Phillip III & Chance. They were the ones who would've had part of Chancellor Industries if Katherine wouldn't have killed their father/grandfather.

I don't understand what Tucker/Devon interest would be.  Kay screwed the Philip heirs by killing their dad/grandfather, and the Reynolds heirs by cheating them out of a fair share in the will. Devon got 5X the cash, more than an equitable share of Kay's fortune. He should be more than set, he had enough to buy and start the his own namesake company. He hardly even knew Kay, much less have feelings about her company.  Tucker wouldn't care, he's the one who tried to destroy Kay's company in the first place, he never had in feeling for it.

• Love 9

Hillary really is gorgeous, I thought she'd had her hair cut, like Halle Berry, it would suit her. Those earrings were perfect with her dress. She opens Canes door, and its Lilly!!:

So,  Nikki tells Victor, that she bought the park, wahoo! With his money!! Merry Christmas you pompous ass! 

• Love 8

So a broken clock is right twice a day and this should probably go in Unpopular Opinions, but I really enjoyed today's episode... the first in weeks.  It felt good and really.  Loved the scene with Phyllis and Jack - writing and acting... (And I can't believe I liked the writing because it's been so bad for so long I have been reduced to uncharacteristic silence.  There's just nothing to say.)  I thought - where's my Kevlar - Billy and Ashley were great too - writing and acting.  Anyway I really enjoyed it.  I'm disappointed, more broadly, that Dina has been reduced to dotty.

I think they're gonna make Billy CEO.  I don't know why... just a feeling.  Which will kill some of you, but I like conflict on my shows and the Abbotts all pissed at each other sounds fun to me and soapy goodness.

Speaking of which, the whole Victor tricking Nikki home and Nikki buying the park with the loot... classic soapy goodness.  Just too bad it isn't written for far more fun.  I dunno, thought this was a good one.  

I apologize unreservedly.  :) 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Diane M said:

If Nikki bought the park with Victor's money, doesn't that mean that he can now build those sleazy condos?  

No, a) he didn't press charges, and b) its in her name! 

I'm sure he will try though..

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

I think they're gonna make Billy CEO.  I don't know why... just a feeling.  Which will kill some of you, but I like conflict on my shows and the Abbotts all pissed at each other sounds fun to me and soapy goodness.

I like conflict too. But this .... I can't even entertain it. At all. 

However:

Just now, HeatLifer said:

He's rushing to give Philly everything and make them the main characters. Soon, Billy will be Victor's boss.

So, yeah, Billy could end up taking Jack's job AND wife. I mean why not? What's Jabot to Jack? Jill is selling Chancellor. Jack can have a heart attack and decide It's not WORTH IT. I want to travel the world and give to the poor. Philly should have the house and my blessings to fuck all over it. Time for me to be put out to pasture.

I wonder if Kyle is coming to manoeuvre into position at the helm. He wouldn't take Jack's calls today so my theory that he is concerned for his father's welfare is out the window. He's just going to come back a father hating asshole. Yay. Someone else to shit on Jack.

• Love 13

Why would Kyle vote “no confidence” in his dad’s tenure at Jobot? He hasn’t been in GC in how many years? Who has been in touch with him and how did that person influence his vote? Buttbiscuit? If he ends up being CEO of Jabot and CI, I am truly, once and for all, no kidding—DONE WITH THIS SHOW. Why would the writers shit on the only person worth rooting for on this show now?! 

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Why would Kyle vote “no confidence” in his dad’s tenure at Jobot? He hasn’t been in GC in how many years? Who has been in touch with him and how did that person influence his vote? Buttbiscuit? If he ends up being CEO of Jabot and CI, I am truly, once and for all, no kidding—DONE WITH THIS SHOW. Why would the writers shit on the only person worth rooting for on this show now?! 

I actually think Billy will duke it out with Cane for Chancellor. Billy needs to be in good with the Abbotts -- his first two years were spent on the outs with Jack and he's a recast who hasn't been established as an Abbott. I think that's a priority for Mal. He's been all adorable and sweet with Jack and Ashley since Mal started. Among the Abbotts, the battle is between Jack and Ashley for now and from what I've read in interviews it seems to stem from their gaping wounds re: Dina. In theory I don't mind it -- it's just so badly executed and rushed.

If Billy becomes Jabot CEO it will be because Jack and Ashley ask him to, which is likely under Mal and would be it for me. I'm not watching now (except for the odd Jack clip). But Dina's going to die and if Jack gives Jabot to Billy?? It would actually hurt me to read recaps. Jack lives for Jabot. It's his lifeline and his constant. He would never give it up. He would die first. To give it to his loser brother who is fucking Phyllis??? Wouldn't happen and it would no longer be Jack.

All that said, I just think Mal really likes PB -- I'm pretty sure he's leading in episode counts since Mal started -- so I don't see him being tossed aside quite yet.

As for Kyle Mal is probably doing what every HW for the past 15 years has done with aged sons. Bring them back HATING their father with every recast. 

• Love 10

Billy isn't fit to be the head of a pin, let alone a company. 

Kyle, that little garden gnome sister fucker, will probably come home and ask to be adopted by Buttbiscuit. 

Maybe Nikki bought the park to give Nick a place to work. Great apes can probably push a broom and there's plenty of hedges to masturbate behind. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, miamama said:

I like conflict too. But this .... I can't even entertain it. At all. 

However:

So, yeah, Billy could end up taking Jack's job AND wife. I mean why not? What's Jabot to Jack? Jill is selling Chancellor. Jack can have a heart attack and decide It's not WORTH IT. I want to travel the world and give to the poor. Philly should have the house and my blessings to fuck all over it. Time for me to be put out to pasture.

I wonder if Kyle is coming to manoeuvre into position at the helm. He wouldn't take Jack's calls today so my theory that he is concerned for his father's welfare is out the window. He's just going to come back a father hating asshole. Yay. Someone else to shit on Jack.

I wondered why we heard Kyle's name out of the blue. I bet he's coming back! How old is he, and can Sharon date him..lol

• Love 8

This is  The young and the Restless.  Jack will be back in charge,  mmmm....let's see. This is Wednesday,  so..........by next Thursday.  It will probably happen while we're all sleeping.

Nikki?  When you are scheduled to give your husband his first appointed BJ,  bite down hard, spit it out and simply  say  "Call the police now, fuckhead." 

• Love 9

So Dina walks into a video conference and it's cause to get rid of Jack? If it didn't ruin this guy's reputation and career then it wouldn't have hurt Jack's and would have probably earned him Brownie points for being a devoted son.

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

So Dina walks into a video conference and it's cause to get rid of Jack? If it didn't ruin this guy's reputation and career then it wouldn't have hurt Jack's and would have probably earned him Brownie points for being a devoted son.

Exactly.  And it's nothing compared to Ashley's sperm-stealing ways.  Plus, all she got out of that escapade was Abby - so much for much praised "creativity".  

A Chia pet would have been better.

• Love 8

Damn that was the best video of 2017. I can't decide what's better. Little girl coming in like a boss. Or baby boy in his walker entering like the start of an alien invasion.

lol.

And yeah, one video call went weird and OMG! (see Jack's terrible awful no good week to give Ashley a reason to steal his job) What if the server was down???? Because that's NEVER happened in business. What if they had to resume the call LATER???? My gods, he is a failure. Jabot is dooooomed.

• Love 15

LOVE that video of the little girl marching in and then here comes baby brother gliding through at high speed! So adorable and hilarious!

There is no way that anyone with any compassion would have been upset that Dina hijacked the video conference.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Pickles said:

There is no way that anyone with any compassion would have been upset that Dina hijacked the video conference.

Which leaves us with Ashley - because nothing is more important than honoring Daddy by selling more hemorrhoid facial mask, nuttin'.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I agree, the person who hung up on Jack, was an ass! 

I was trying to imagine this situation. A CEO is talking with me by Skype but he is interrupted by his elderly mother who clearly is confused and (I guess because I'm not an idiot) has dementia. I would see that he is trying to balance his love for his mother and his work and I would be heartbroken for him and soooooo in love with him and his decency and his company that I would be loyal FOREVER.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, miamama said:

I was trying to imagine this situation. A CEO is talking with me by Skype but he is interrupted by his elderly mother who clearly is confused and (I guess because I'm not an idiot) has dementia. I would see that he is trying to balance his love for his mother and his work and I would be heartbroken for him and soooooo in love with him and his decency and his company that I would be loyal FOREVER.

So this actually happened to me.  I was visiting my mother who had Alzheimer's and I told her I had to go on a conference call and I went to the guest room, my old bedroom.  I had done this many times over the years, but by then, she was like Dina, and she walked in and started talking to me loudly, and I was desperately trying to mute my phone, to shoo her out of the room.  Not on  Skype, thankfully.  She just could not get it, and thought I was just chit chatting with friends.  Luckily my work colleagues knew the situation.  In Jack's situation, I would think the woman on the other end would be empathetic as well.

• Love 10

So JT and Mack have split, what a surprise! He also lost his job, and took the one in GC. He's invited to Victoria's for Christmas, to see Reed of course.

Scott was starting to get all macho wasn't he, seeing JT and Abby laughing, then him inviting her out. I don't think it was a date, but miss overreacting , took it as such.

Boring...

• Love 5

Okay, everyone: in the midst of that beautifully constructed Christmas Eve show, where affecting character writing, beautiful props, and interesting plot twists reigned supreme...

Not one of you commented on NotBilly in his UNDERPANTS? I'm still suffering.

• Love 6

While true to life, watching Billy and Phyllis march through their apartment half dressed was so gratuitous that it was actually a turn off. I think we were supposed to tee hee at Billy wearing green and red holiday undies but Phylly as always was just too much.

Hilary's appearance at the Abbott Christmas was wasted. At least have Hilary take Jack out for drinks to drown their sorrows and Hilary thanking Jack for taking her in and his apologizing for inviting her to such a crummy dinner before splitting to go opposite ways. 

• Love 13

Hilary's appearance at the Abbott Christmas was wasted. At least have Hilary take Jack out for drinks to drown their sorrows and Hilary thanking Jack for taking her in and his apologizing for inviting her to such a crummy dinner before splitting to go opposite ways. 

I dug the glanced Hil and Phyl were exchanges while the Abbotts went at each other hammer and tongs. I wonder if Hil was wearing a wire.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, pearlite said:

Okay, everyone: in the midst of that beautifully constructed Christmas Eve show, where affecting character writing, beautiful props, and interesting plot twists reigned supreme...

Not one of you commented on NotBilly in his UNDERPANTS? I'm still suffering.

I'm told this leaked scene was JT's rehearsal tape for this episode.

giphy.gif

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

LMAOOOO. Rehearsal tape? Mal literally writes "sex" on the script and JT/GT are like, "k."

Sexy times just come naturally to these two, 

giphy.gif

GT and Der ButtBiscuit, they got it, right?

Edited by boes
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

While true to life, watching Billy and Phyllis march through their apartment half dressed was so gratuitous that it was actually a turn off. I think we were supposed to tee hee at Billy wearing green and red holiday undies but Phylly as always was just too much.

Mal has Philly holiday underpants planned next year. Valentine underpants with red hearts. Easter underpants with bunnies on them. Philly fans will be clamoring for them to be sold. The horse can wear Philly underpants.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Boes, where in the hell did you get that dancing gif? It's killing me. In a good way. Unlike Billy.

There's this site called Giphy that has perfect accessories for all things ButtBiscuit.

• Love 3

So I just binge watched the last two weeks of Show.  It is truly tragic what is happening.  Thanks goodness that I am not recapping, because I don't think I could at this point, and I have recapped during some dark days.

A few observations:

• holy contrived shit to get Drinki back with Pricktor.
  • I liked Traci actually voting against Assley and calling her out during the Christmas Eve dinner.  I know it was all to be about the family splitting apart, but I sure liked Traci taking a stand for once.
  • Does anyone anywhere ever want to see Chelz "wrapped" as a present?  Or Phyllis running around in her Christmas undies?  Or, the worst, Billy sporting what looked like short shorts from the 70s, with his pre-Phyllis Jamaica T-shirt on?  Oh, I guess that was an xmas shirt.
  • I still love Dina more than I love this show.  Strumpets in stereo!  Last person who ever said strumpet was Phoebe Tyler.
  • I have never been an Ashley fan, but my dislike of her has gone to levels I can only describe as hatred.  Not saying Jack is right, but she couldn't be more wrong in how she has handled every single thing, and that includes Ravi.  I hope he sues Jabot at some point.
  • Kyle?  Voting against his dad, with supposedly no coercion from Ash?  WTF?
  • Abby had a scene a few weeks ago with Lily where she said she was going to tell Scott to choose between her and Sharon.  That never happened and nothing Abby does indicates she wants to be with Scott.  It is more like she hate/likes him.  She is an idiot. Her reaction to JT saying let's go have some fun was OTT ridiculous.
  • Jill blowing into town, literally, on a helicopter on the grounds, WTF?  Her plan to sell CI sounds not credible, but then what on this show is lately.
  • And, that Christmas bs quadrant of stories.  Yeah, no.
Edited by bannana
  • Love 18

What I hate is how they present women as businessmen. NOT! 

Ashley railroading Jack out, sleeping with Ravi etc.

Jill selling Chancellor on a whim.

Victoria with B&S, then Newman acting like a witch with Abby et al.

May malfeasance suffer the wrath of a million (or more) pissed off women.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

The same half-sister and half-wit who diddled his little cupcake's twu wuv Austin? I'm no Nick fan, but I say Cry banana and let slip the baboons of war!

So long as those baboons don't come out sporting a tool belt and nothing else...

• Love 14
19 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

The same half-sister and half-wit who diddled his little cupcake's twu wuv Austin? I'm no Nick fan, but I say Cry banana and let slip the baboons of war!

Dickolas' dream of world domination....

giphy.gif

Ala Philip K. Dick, Do baboons dream of electric bananas......

Edited by boes
  • Love 15

Hmm, well I didn't mind Nick in just a tool belt, don't judge.

I doubt Scott can pass that kiss off, as a HNY kiss. Sharon is such a dolt, if she missed the looks between the two of them.

Are JT and Victoria going to become a couple this quickly? Absurd!.

It's not on today, but I sure miss the previews at the end..:( 

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 5

I miss the previews at the end, too. It just ends so abruptly now. And I guess we need the previouslies since Mal keeps skipping time and scenes all over the place. Without a refresher, no one would know wtf is going on. Ridiculous pace.

I didn't mind Nick in the tool belt either. He's kind of a dolt but he is attractive. I think he's the only character I find good looking on this show these days. Lord knows Victurd and Billy aren't making me melt, heh.

I wonder if they're going to do with an drinking problem for Reed? Or if Nikki reminding him of her alcoholism will wake him up?

• Love 8