Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I don't know if this is a race horse he bought or a riding horse.  Either way, the story makes no sense because, as usual, it seems as if no groundwork has been laid and so I have lots of questions in my brainpan.

A.  If Phyl wanted a horsie for christmas, shouldn't she be fucking Grampire?  Where would she possibly keep a horse?  Rent a stall at the Raunch? Pretty sure the Abbot mansion has no stables. Does the Chancellor estate have stables, cause it's the first I've heard of them? [if they do, does Esther muck them in her maid's uniform?]  Does Phyl even know how to ride?  When did it become so important to ride with her soulmate? How do you ride with six inch heels, boobflashing dresses and hangover glasses?  The only part of a riding costume she has is the whip.  Phyliss' Own Little Horsie makes no sense.

B.  So I have to go with Billy buying a race horse.  Kinda like the child they will never have together.  Are there no laws that prevent gamblers from owning racehorses (just as felons are not allowed to own firearms)?  Where did Billy get the money to buy a racehorse? Did Ashley advance his salary, cause I don't think he's been back at Jabot long enough to get his first paycheck?  Did he purchase this on Amazon?

Seriously, if they want to show how close/inlove/soulmated-up these two ridiculous people are, then why not stick to the history of at least one of the characters and have he'snotreallybilly buy her a nice Harley and they can vroom-vroom off into the sunset together?  Matching Bikes.  Much better choice and easier on the backside.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, MollyB said:

I don't know if this is a race horse he bought or a riding horse.  Either way, the story makes no sense because, as usual, it seems as if no groundwork has been laid and so I have lots of questions in my brainpan.

A.  If Phyl wanted a horsie for christmas, shouldn't she be fucking Grampire?  Where would she possibly keep a horse?  Rent a stall at the Raunch? Pretty sure the Abbot mansion has no stables. Does the Chancellor estate have stables, cause it's the first I've heard of them? [if they do, does Esther muck them in her maid's uniform?]  Does Phyl even know how to ride?  When did it become so important to ride with her soulmate? How do you ride with six inch heels, boobflashing dresses and hangover glasses?  The only part of a riding costume she has is the whip.  Phyliss' Own Little Horsie makes no sense.

B.  So I have to go with Billy buying a race horse.  Kinda like the child they will never have together.  Are there no laws that prevent gamblers from owning racehorses (just as felons are not allowed to own firearms)?  Where did Billy get the money to buy a racehorse? Did Ashley advance his salary, cause I don't think he's been back at Jabot long enough to get his first paycheck?  Did he purchase this on Amazon?

Seriously, if they want to show how close/inlove/soulmated-up these two ridiculous people are, then why not stick to the history of at least one of the characters and have he'snotreallybilly buy her a nice Harley and they can vroom-vroom off into the sunset together?  Matching Bikes.  Much better choice and easier on the backside.

Oh, MollyB, there you go, applying logic and continuity...

Your questions occurred to me as well: horse, what horse? Billy+money, what money? Buying a horse's ass when you're already one? Whiplash got me again.

Actually, I'm going to delight myself with crowsworks' genital brain parasites, and dogs locked in coitu... Nah, dogs can't help it.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, pearlite said:

Oh, MollyB, there you go, applying logic and continuity...

gift or curse, you decide.

Edited by MollyB
i'm fuckin old and forgot something!
  • Love 7
On 12/7/2017 at 0:41 PM, MollyB said:

Where would she possibly keep a horse?

Well, I guess if the 2 Broke Girls could have a horse behind their Brooklyn apartment, Phyllis could keep it wherever she wants!

• Love 8

Just catching up,  agree that line was out of character for Aunt Jack as he's become, but it was kinda totally sort of vintage Terry Lester Jackass back in the day.

In any event, I loved that scene.  They were wailing on each other.   It was great entertainment. 

• Love 5
On 12/7/2017 at 10:07 AM, pearlite said:

Old Loretto on Brunswick? Argh. Around me, they convert churches from the 1890s into lofts, if they don't just rip them down.

Yup. Proud Loretto girl. The school relocated to the Richard W Scott site with a complete rebuild. I lived around the corner from there a few years ago. They tore down the staircase that was worn on the right side from decades of girls going up and down those stairs. Philistines.

• Love 2

Okay, doing the morning memory-inventory of yesterday's show...

Having trouble here; hold on a minute--there must have been something. This is a bulleted rant, not a recap:

• Oh, Hilary and Jack--nothing good's going to come out of that--don't care.
  • Sharon goo-ing at Scott, as show telegraphs their inevitable break-up--don't care, part 2.
  • More of those stupid pottery Christmas mugs and stinky little Faith finagling to get her way [imagine our suprise] as Busy Career Mom Sharon manages those pesky coffee pots--mild alertness, because I truly can't stand Faith.
  • Will Devon buy downtown Genoa City? Is Sharon the repository of community spirit vs rampant soul-less capitalism? Eyelids drooping, off to the kitchen for wine.
  • Ashley, my gal, sporting shades of brown that no one's seen since 1977--these coordinate nicely with Ravi's horrible shirt and corduroy jacket--is someone doing bad fashion history in wardrobe? Ravi limply reveals his career-change. This is all messily written and deflated from what it might have been. And what happened to Ravi dressing a bit more snappily?
  • Faith doing a Stefano diMera at the door to the cafe in Chancellor Park as the inevitable PDA with Scott and Abby rolls out--such a cliche that I snorted out loud. The cats don't mind.
  • And the horrible little conniver knows the value of moving hot information quickly, so off to Mariah. Let us all now venerate Suffering Sharon in advance, and get that out of the way.
  • Ashley in battle-mode vs. Victoria! Could have been interesting. Michael pops up like a jack-in-the-box--non-compete clause! Something good comes out of the stupid Brash and Sassy crap! And did someone flush B & S down the hopper when I wasn't looking? If so, good.
  • Ashley teleports back to Jabot, proves to Ravi how much he means to her...in some sense or other...more bad writing

And frankly, that's all that floated to the surface.

Edited by pearlite
not saying
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Was it chocolate brown? I hope not, I've been buying a lot of chocolate brown clothes lately. It's my best color. :(

I think the skirt was--the blouse was pure 1970s, and a nasty shade of rusty lighter brown. Sorry, I'm pretty much phobic about brown anything--navy blue person.

Now...speaking of clothes/wardrobe and Ravi: Euw re the company, but clothes are much better.

DQksYo2VwAAV95Q.jpg

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, pearlite said:

Having trouble here; hold on a minute--there must have been something. This is a bulleted rant, not a recap:

• Sharon goo-ing at Scott, as show telegraphs their inevitable break-up--don't care, part 2.
  • More of those stupid pottery Christmas mugs and stinky little Faith finagling to get her way [imagine our suprise] as Busy Career Mom Sharon manages those pesky coffee pots--mild alertness, because I truly can't stand Faith.
  • Will Devon buy downtown Genoa City? Is Sharon the repository of community spirit vs rampant soul-less capitalism? Eyelids drooping, off to the kitchen for wine.
  • Ashley, my gal, sporting shades of brown that no one's seen since 1977--these coordinate nicely with Ravi's horrible shirt and corduroy jacket--is someone doing bad fashion history in wardrobe? Ravi limply reveals his career-change. This is all messily written and deflated from what it might have been. And what happened to Ravi dressing a bit more snappily?
  • Faith doing a Stefano diMera at the door to the cafe in Chancellor Park as the inevitable PDA with Scott and Abby rolls out--such a cliche that I snorted out loud. The cats don't mind.
  • And the horrible little conniver knows the value of moving hot information quickly, so off to Mariah. Let us all now venerate Suffering Sharon in advance, and get that out of the way.
  • Ashley in battle-mode vs. Victoria! Could have been interesting. Michael pops up like a jack-in-the-box--non-compete clause! Something good comes out of the stupid Brash and Sassy crap! And did someone flush B & S down the hopper when I wasn't looking? If so, good.
  • Ashley teleports back to Jabot, proves to Ravi how much he means to her...in some sense or other...more bad writing

Thank you for this and I mean it, remembering a show with this much Faith in it is above and beyond.  I too have an intense dislike for the little tyke.  If Mal wants to do something right, have the whole Adam dead baby and baby switch storyline reversed and hand that kid back to Ashley.  That'll teach her.

Perhaps Sharon can go off her meds and lock Abby up with nothing but an endless loop of her talking about her DOD to watch - that'll teach her.

Lots of people needing to be schooled.

• Love 9

Faith always shows up to be featured around this time of year. It's as if the show thinks we won't enjoy Christmas without our 11 year old vixen.  

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 3

If I was Ravi I'd be kind of annoyed I no longer had a nice new job with a much larger salary, responsibility, title, and benefits. Thanks a lot, Ashley.

Oh course Abby and Scott kiss in public in broad daylight. What a bunch of boobs.

Sharon and Scott need to stop doing it in every room in the house. If I were Mariah, I'd be screaming about brain bleach right about now.

No one mentions Delia and her very special tree planted in Chancellor Park that Victurd wants to tear down.

Hilary running story ideas by Jack? I wonder how long she'll play by the rules.

• Love 10

If I was Ravi I'd be kind of annoyed I no longer had a nice new job with a much larger salary, responsibility, title, and benefits. Thanks a lot, Ashley.

Oh, I'd be a lot more than annoyed. This is the worst manipulative bullshit I've ever seen her pull. And now he's screwed, he can't quit because of the stupid non compete clause and if he stays Ashley is going to expect him to work for less  money than he could make at Newman and jump when she gets the itch. If she had any honor at all she would have offered to match Vics offer. Stay classy Assley.

• Love 12

Now, just to be positive for a change, I did enjoy Gloria and Dina's bitchfest. The actresses were having fun; it was well played, it showed some urbanity in terms of the two characters, and it made a nice change from community "wholesomeness" and Victor's eternal bullroar.

• Love 15
On 12/9/2017 at 3:43 PM, boes said:

I too have an intense dislike for the little tyke. 

Every time she's on screen, I loudly mock her (yes, I'm 7), then my dog slowwwwwly walks away from me.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

I hate myself for watching that clip!  Shoulda known better. 

lol. Sorry. I felt disgusting posting it.

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm sorry, this is getting on creepy and uncomfortable levels. 

Well that was only one clip of many moments of lip licking and dirty whispers and what I want to do with you is throw you on...

In other words we are well past creepy and uncomfortable. Also Philly has a bedroom set in Summer's Barbie house now. Everything the stans asked for the stans got.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, miamama said:

8 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

I hate myself for watching that clip!  Shoulda known better. 

lol. Sorry. I felt disgusting posting it.

6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm sorry, this is getting on creepy and uncomfortable levels. 

Well that was only one clip of many moments of lip licking and dirty whispers and what I want to do with you is throw you on...

In other words we are well past creepy and uncomfortable. Also Philly has a bedroom set in Summer's Barbie house now. Everything the stans asked for the stans got.

I know there are some who just want to see Philly sex (which is what Mal is giving them, clearly), but I have to believe there is a "large" part of that fanbase who hates this. Like, they have to hate this. JT and GT look absolutely embarrassing and ridiculous. The Emmy noms ain't coming for these "powerhouses."

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I know there are some who just want to see Philly sex (which is what Mal is giving them, clearly), but I have to believe there is a "large" part of that fanbase who hates this. Like, they have to hate this. JT and GT look absolutely embarrassing and ridiculous. The Emmy noms ain't coming for these "powerhouses."

They shouldn't complain -- if they do. They got their wish. Victoria is out of Philly's story. They are playing house and fucking all the time.

The Stan Dream. lmao.

Have you ever seen anything like this? I mean for two longterm characters who are middle aged? It's no longer an affair. So what's with the gross sex all the time? It's cringe-worthy. And they have no story. Presumably this is setting up story, but so far they are the new Lane. They come on once maybe twice a week to have sex or make out and pander to the fans who want to see them happy and cuddling all. the. time.

I will say this. I LOVE that Jack seems to be freed of them. He hasn't had any meaningful scenes with either of them since THE FIRE. That stupid moment when he caught them making out was a blip and nothing story-wise. Phyllis and Billy have nothing to do with Jack's big story with Dina. Phyllis hasn't even discussed Dina's Alzheimer's with Jack. He's had a few conversations with Hilary and of course Ashley and Nikki and a tiny tiny bit with Billy. But Phyllis is just being HAWT and utterly pointless.

Could this be the silver lining we Jack fans so richly deserve? He is truly free of Phyllis?

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, miamama said:

They shouldn't complain -- if they do. They got their wish. Victoria is out of Philly's story. They are playing house and fucking all the time.

The Stan Dream. lmao.

Have you ever seen anything like this? I mean for two longterm characters who are middle aged? It's no longer an affair. So what's with the gross sex all the time? It's cringe-worthy. And they have no story. Presumably this is setting up story, but so far they are the new Lane. They come on once maybe twice a week to have sex or make out and pander to the fans who want to see them happy and cuddling all. the. time.

I will say this. I LOVE that Jack seems to be freed of them. He hasn't had any meaningful scenes with either of them since THE FIRE. That stupid moment when he caught them making out was a blip and nothing story-wise. Phyllis and Billy have nothing to do with Jack's big story with Dina. Phyllis hasn't even discussed Dina's Alzheimer's with Jack. He's had a few conversations with Hilary and of course Ashley and Nikki and a tiny tiny bit with Billy. But Phyllis is just being HAWT and utterly pointless.

Could this be the silver lining we Jack fans so richly deserve? He is truly free of Phyllis?

I'll never understand that type of stan. I've shipped so, so, so many pairings over the years. I currently ship pairings. And I would NEVER want to see sex all the time. I want STORY. I want MEANING. Some of my favorite scenes between my couples is when they're fighting, lol. I'm weird.

As actors, I cannot believe JT and GT are OK with this. That's more creepy to me than anything, to be real.

I want Jack to never talk to Phyllis again, so I know I'm a long way from that.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'll never understand that type of stan. I've shipped so, so, so many pairings over the years. I currently ship pairings. And I would NEVER want to see sex all the time. I want STORY. I want MEANING. Some of my favorite scenes between my couples is when they're fighting, lol. I'm weird.

As actors, I cannot believe JT and GT are OK with this. That's more creepy to me than anything, to be real.

I want Jack to never talk to Phyllis again, so I know I'm a long way from that.

I'm pretty sure Phyllis is going to get fired from Fenmores/Jabot because of SEX. So you might get your wish. lol.

As for the rest, I'm with you. I loved Phack 1.0 because they had the best fights. Plus I think soap sex is really really embarrassingly bad and the dialogue "I've never LOVED like I LOVE you." "You GET me." RME.

I legit am loving Jack's new pairing with his mom. lmao. THAT is good chemistry.

• Love 12

Nice to see JT back. Is he back for good? 

Lilly seems to be missing Cane, just as he gets it together( he's far more tolerable apart from her ) Abby is going to give Scot an ultimatum, hmm, okay then...

A mystery buyer for Chancellor park, I'm wondering if it might be Jill. I'd love it to be Nikki, just to piss the moustache off! 

• Love 8
On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎09 at 8:51 AM, pearlite said:

Okay @pearlite, this is a  recap! Thank you.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Okay @pearlite, this is a  recap! Thank you.

Modest, very modest thank you for all your wonderful recaps!

I can't even bullet observations from yesterday's CDN, for reasons offered in the posts above. That shite of MY's stuck out so badly from the fabric of the rest of the show [polyester that it was]--it didn't even work within the mediocre confines of

• Lily's ruminating on New, Improved, Successful Cane!
  • JT displaying potential unpleasantness [and excessive use of hair product]
  • Abby's boring reveal/girlie chitchat with Lily
  • The unbearable suspense of whether or not Hilary will maintain the Jabot-financed clean 'n squeaky positivity [irony for you fans of it]

Those scenes we really dare not mention might be the biggest example of pandering I've ever seen on a soap, and I'm not prone to hyperbole.

• Love 15

Damn, I thought Nikki was going to say, she had purchased the park, but she moved Victors money to an offshore account. I really want that pale blue coat she was wearing today.

.Faith tells Mariah she saw Scott kissing Abby, just as  Scott tells Sharon he loves her.. fireworks! maybe not

Hillary is invited over to Jacks for Christmas, I suspect Dina will have something to say :)

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 7

I don't like how they're doing "Previously on The Young and the Restless" but not showing us scenes for the following day. It feels like something is missing.

I would love for the mystery buyer of the park to be Jill. She never even crossed my mind but it would make perfect sense.

And Billy finally mentioned DeeDee's tree. About time.

I wonder how awkward it must be for TL and AH to play opposite one another?

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I don't like how they're doing "Previously on The Young and the Restless" but not showing us scenes for the following day. It feels like something is missing.

I would love for the mystery buyer of the park to be Jill. She never even crossed my mind but it would make perfect sense.

And Billy finally mentioned DeeDee's tree. About time.

I wonder how awkward it must be for TL and AH to play opposite one another?

I think Nikki bought it. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

I think Jill bought the park.

And WTF  Victor! You drain Nicks bank account to teach him a lesson, but when someone does it to you, it's embezzlement!

I wish someone would drain that asshat of his blood.  

• Love 14