Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

(edited)
17 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Cane has been whispering as his acting choice for months now and I've complained about that for months now. Who else has done this on a soap or any other show? This is NOT acting, Cane. This is a lack of acting ability. Just stop it and start speaking aloud like all of the other actors do on your show. And every other show on TV! 

I am glad it is not just my imagination. I have watched the show since DG started, and I don't remember this constant whispering in other years. 

I laughed out loud when Phyllis told Billy that she was not used to hanging out with pre schoolers. That is only because your grandchild doesn't live in GC, Phyll. I totally expected Victoria to go ballistic when she walked into her home and Phyllis was there. Maybe because she was with Reed she held back? But to me, if someone says they don't want their children at the house you share with your girlfriend, that person likely doesn't want the girlfriend in her home either. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 12
31 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I laughed out loud when Phyllis told Billy that she was not used to hanging out with pre schoolers. That is only because your grandchild doesn't live in GC, Phyll. I totally expected Victoria to go ballistic when she walked into her home and Phyllis was there. Maybe because she was with Reed she held back? But to me, if someone says they don't want her children at the house you share with your girlfriend, that person likely doesn't want the girlfriend in her home either. 

And shouldn't the kids already know who Phyllis is? The grandma who was married to daddy's brother?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Cane has been whispering as his acting choice for months now and I've complained about that for months now. Who else has done this on a soap or any other show? This is NOT acting, Cane. This is a lack of acting ability. Just stop it and start speaking aloud like all of the other actors do on your show. And every other show on TV! 

It's funny because I've been reading complaints about him whispering for over a year now on this site but I actually never noticed it firsthand until yesterday. And then it became super obvious. Don't know why it took me so long to notice, lol. Maybe I need to look up from my phone.

Today was a really good show. I loved the fight between Victor and Nick, and how angry and upset Nikki was at Nick for trying to sabotage the evening.

Mariah (the actress) did such a good job during her scene with Tessa back at the cottage. Really good acting. I felt so bad for her.

Another great scene was Dina freaking out at Ravi that "Graham" wouldn't just abandon her. It definitely appears to be a case of dementia.

Also good? Nikki kissing Jack and Jack's glee, hee.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I am glad it is not just my imagination. I have watched the show since GD started, and I don't remember this constant whispering in other years. 

I laughed out loud when Phyllis told Billy that she was not used to hanging out with pre schoolers. That is only because your grandchild doesn't live in GC, Phyll. I totally expected Victoria to go ballistic when she walked into her home and Phyllis was there. Maybe because she was with Reed she held back? But to me, if someone says they don't want her children at the house you share with your girlfriend, that person likely doesn't want the girlfriend in her home either. 

Billy and Phyllis are dumb as fuck. Why are they always in Victoria's house? Who does that? Are they obsessed with her? Seems like it. 

• Love 16
11 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

Billy and Phyllis are dumb as fuck. Why are they always in Victoria's house? Who does that? Are they obsessed with her? Seems like it. 

If I were Vikki I would tell them to get the hell out of my house and that when Billy sees the kids it should be alone.  She doesn't need this sex starved tramp around her kids.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Shicklove1 said:

If I were Vikki I would tell them to get the hell out of my house and that when Billy sees the kids it should be alone.  She doesn't need this sex starved tramp around her kids.

Well, they're just normal GC kids. I mean who wants to be the lonely weirdo whose divorced parents don't bring their fuck buddies to family events and family game nights?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Shicklove1 said:

I am pretty sure that Vic did say to Billy that she didn't want the kids to be at Phyllis' love nest.  I guess she wasn't specific enough to state tht she didn't want her babysitting her kids at her house!

• Love 7
15 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

Billy and Phyllis are dumb as fuck. Why are they always in Victoria's house? Who does that?

Phyllis does that, she's never been a person who respected boundaries- I think it's bad enough that she's always at the Brash & Sassy office. I guess Victoria's house is considered "community property" so Billy felt her could invite Phyllis whenever Victoria is away. I shouldn't be shocked by Billy's lack of judgement, but still.

I know that Billy and Victoria were not a couple when the Philly affair started, but to me Phyllis' presence at Victoria's office and house comes off as intruding.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, bannana said:

I am pretty sure that Vic did say to Billy that she didn't want the kids to be at Phyllis' love nest.  I guess she wasn't specific enough to state tht she didn't want her babysitting her kids at her house!

He knew damn well he shouldn't have Phyllis alone in her home without her knowledge. Phyllis seemed extremely uncomfortable in the beginning but caved to Billy's whim. Then they had the nerve to look surprised when Victoria walked into her own home?!! If Victoria was standing in their living room when they walked in they would throw a damn fit. I don't know why Billy thinks he has free reign on her property just because his children live there. She way too nice because I would call the cops. It is too much. But I have no doubt she won't say anything because she will try to be the bigger person in the situation but this is ridiculous. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ezzylin said:

Phyllis does that, she's never been a person who respected boundaries- I think it's bad enough that she's always at the Brash & Sassy office. I guess Victoria's house is considered "community property" so Billy felt her could invite Phyllis whenever Victoria is away. I shouldn't be shocked by Billy's lack of judgement, but still.

I know that Billy and Victoria were not a couple when the Philly affair started, but to me Phyllis' presence at Victoria's office and house comes off as intruding.

It is intruding. Brash & Sassy is different. That is a company. Billy is a high level executive. If he wants to invite guests then whatever. That is his choice. Victoria's house is off limits. That is her personal and private property. He is basically trespassing. She needs to have a long talk to that babysitter of hers and tell her that wherever Billy comes by to tell him to exit or she will call 911. That will send a message. That is not his house. 

I wish Reed would knock him upside the head with his guitar. Stay out their house. 

• Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

It is intruding. Brash & Sassy is different. That is a company. Billy is a high level executive. If he wants to invite guests then whatever. That is his choice. Victoria's house is off limits. That is her personal and private property. He is basically trespassing. She needs to have a long talk to that babysitter of hers and tell her that wherever Billy comes by to tell him to exit or she will call 911. That will send a message. That is not his house. 

I wish Reed would knock him upside the head with his guitar. Stay out their house. 

It is a private business as in it's not open to the public. It's also owned by Vic. If I were her I'd have Phyllis' ass eighty sixed.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 9

Count me in as thinking it was odd that those kids needed to be introduced to Phyllis, their doting Uncle Jack's ex wife. Come on!  They should know her intimately as Aunt Phyllis. 

I'm on the fence about whether Vikki should forbid Phyllis being around them. On one hand, it's annoying how they insist on being in her home. On the other, can Vikki really dictate who Billy has around the kids when they are having visitation with him. I don't think that's her place. 

I swear, this show insists on painting Mariah as the tragic heroine no matter what she does. First, it was Hilary as the big bad wolf. no matter how much grief Mariah gave Hilary or disrespect as her employee, everything was always hilary's fault. Now it's Devon hurting her despite the fact that Mariah only got with him to stick it to Hilary and she knew fully well what she was doing when she did it. Now it's woe is Mariah and Devon is a dumb jerk for not "seeing" or loving her. I will be so glad when  Devon and Hilary come off prop duty for sainted Mariah. Both characters took huge hits for her to have this story. Her breakup with Devon can't come soon enough. But I just know they'll keep her tethered to him as a "friend" to keep her relevant in Devon and Hilary's story so she can have something to do. 

I thought the show might drop the Dina being sick thread. But I guess it's back on. I really do love this character and her relationships with her family. Jack reaching for and holding her hand as Nikki played was the sweetest thing. 

(edited)
20 hours ago, bannana said:

If Billy hasn't figured that out than he is as stupid as I think he is just for doing THE SEX BEAST and wanting her around his kids.

16 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

It is a private business as in it's not open to the public. It's also own by Vic. If I were her I'd have Phyllis' ass eighty sixed.

If I were Vikki at this point I would make it clear t0 Billy that I don't want his sex starved bimbo in my house or at my business.   If she has something to tell Billy she can spit it out while they are going at it since that is all they do she has plenty of opportunities

Edited by Shicklove1
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

I agree with posters about the 'girlfriend/fuckbuddy' presence with the kids.  I went thru this with my divorce and found out I could not prevent the gf/fb joining in the visitation (unless I could prove felonious behaviour or registered sex offender status) but I could prevent her from participating in my home that I made clear was mine in the divorce papers.  Billy obviously thinks the FKB house is his, still.  Vic has enough money to buy a new f#cking house and not pass out any keys and get a nanny able to follow instructions.  Draw some lines, Vic.  This is confusing enough for the kids what with the Auntie Phyllis status.

• Love 9
On 2017-07-14 at 7:17 PM, bannana said:

Today's show was jam-packed with action!

• Nick and Prick got into an actual fist fight, and Hilary caught the whole thing on camera.
  • Drinki fled the scene with a gallant Jack, who took her to the Abbott cabin where they kissed!
  • Prick disowned Nick and then later told Scott he values his loyalty and that he is more loyal than some of his own family members.
  • Abby, whiny and insecure, threw a drink in Victoria's face, which surprised her and she lost her balance, fell and hit her head.
  • Mariah realizes that Devon is not that into her, after all, and she sobs in Tessa's arms.
  • Dina got confused when Jack left her to help Drinki, and now Ravi is aware that something is wrong, likely dementia.
  • Kevin and Chloe are holed up in a motel making plans for Portland, or Potterville; at the same time, Doc Demento calls Pricktor and tells him what happened and that Chloe is with Kevin.  Previews show Prick knocking at the motel room door, and Kevin asks, who is it, and Prick says: your worst nightmare.

I dipped back in after a couple of weeks away. What an episode to choose! It was really good. I love Jack with Nikki, maybe because when I first started watching YR, they were married.

Nicholas heart was in the right place, but his interfering and deciding what is best for his other is shades of Victor. 

I kind of want Kevin and "Helen" to live happily ever after.

Is something wrong with Victoria? It seems very strange that she would lose her balance because Abby threw a drink in her face.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Yes, Victoria needs to eat a sandwich.

I missed Friday's ep -- are you trying to tell me that Jack abandoned his mother?!  Oh, what delicious irony!

Yes, and she was quite chagrined!

• Love 6

I want to give spinxella a shout out!  You find some of the best clips.  I love spoilers and get a big kick out of what you come up with!

How nice to see Jack in a moment of happiness.  Show did a pretty nice job bringing some glamour.  A Ravi sighting!  Why are they making such little use of him?

And here is something interesting:  my husband never watches this show.  I happened to have it on and he stopped to watch a few minutes.  (Have you ever tried to describe the relationships between any group of characters on the show to someone who has never watched it? Lordy.)  He did recognize EB from Rat Patrol.  Anyway, he immediately picked up on the vibe between Mariah and Tessa and asked me if they were a couple. 

• Love 8

I would so love to see Jack and Nikki hook up again. They have always had a sweet connection and she needs to get as far away from the Victurd as possible. I'd love to see his head explode when he realizes that Nikki has given up on him forever!! Victoria, you need to kick Billy to the curb once and for all. Forbid him and the slut from your house forever. Phyllis and Billy become more ridiculous every day. They are not hot, they are not appealing, they are not interesting. Phyllis is a grandmother who never sees her children or grandchildren and sees herself as a sex symbol. Yewwwww. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Not as good as Friday's ep, but there were a few interesting developments:

• Nice adult conversation between Jack and Drinki today; I think they are going to go there.  She admits that she has been acting with Pricktor, and she is finished with him, and even references what he did to Jack and Phyllis. 
  • Looks like Victoria has a real injury from her fall, but of course she is blowing it off and will end up in a coma or emergency brain surgery (the latter is just my speculation).  And I predict that Billy will realize how much he still loves her.  Why else are they going down this road?
  • Prick finds Kevin 2.5 seconds after he hangs up with Doc Demento.  There was a laugh out loud moment, when the Doc keeps talking about Maggie, and Prick says: who the hell is Maggie.  Prick realizes the Doc is confused, and actually has no idea anymore who Chloe is.  Over at the motel, which Kev paid for with his credit card, which is how Prick finds him, Kevin convinces Prick to let them go to Portland.  I don't really see what other option Prick has, short of kidnapping and/or murder.
  • Billy was super annoying today, in scenes with Vic and then later with Cane.  I tried not to watch.
  • Reed and Mattie met up to commiserate about their parents.

Previews:  Dina is pissed at Jack for abandoning her; Ravi wants to talk to Ash about her mother.

Edited by bannana
Chloe is crazy but she needs an "l"
  • Love 14

Prick finds Kevin 2.5 seconds after he hangs up with Doc Demento.  There was a laugh out loud moment, when the Doc keeps talking about Maggie, and Prick says: who the hell is Maggie.  Prick realizes the Doc is confused, and actually has no idea anymore who Choe is.  Over at the motel, which Kev paid for with his credit card, which is how Prick finds him,

What the fuck did Chipmunk expect? "Chloe, we need to find you a new identity. I'll just keep my own name and we'll move to Portland, which is exactly where I told everybody I was going. Victor would never think of looking for us there." They should have headed to Florida, changed both their identities, their appearance and back stories. Oh, and pay with cash. Which btw, where are they getting that? What a maroon.

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

What the fuck did Chipmunk expect? "Chloe, we need to find you a new identity. I'll just keep my own name and we'll move to Portland, which is exactly where I told everybody I was going. Victor would never think of looking for us there." They should have headed to Florida, changed both their identities, their appearance and back stories. Oh, and pay with cash. Which btw, where are they getting that? What a maroon.

Yes, and it gets stupider, when you factor in that Doc Demento now truly believes Kevin fled with MAGGIE.  So he thinks Bella is his granddaughter?  Either way, one could presume that he will hunt Kevin down so that he can get his daughter back.  All he has to do now is search for him on people finder. 

• Love 9

This story line just gets more stupid by the day. No wonder soaps are dying like flies with writing like this. We are not stupid, uninformed, uneducated or naive. Unlike the folks who write this drivel.

• Love 4

Finally (albeit in scenes for tomorrow) Nikki draws the (apt) comparison:  Nick, you pulled a Victor.

And thank God at last - this Dina beating her children storyline can only mean one thing:  Cricket with a message all summer!

(Am I alone in believing Marla Adams, against the odds, is one of the best actresses on the show right now?)

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

Tessa and Mariah is definitely happening and I am soooooo into it. It is beyond time they had a gay couple and the fact Mariah is about to take her brother's girl. Lawd. Give it to me.

I love that!  And I kind of like Devon being dumped by Mariah for someone else (anyone else, but Tessa would be great).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

(Am I alone in believing Marla Adams, against the odds, is one of the best actresses on the show right now?)

You're not alone.  She's fantastic, in every scene and with every player.  She never misses a beat.

• Love 10
(edited)

I haven't been talking about this story much due to not wanting to seem like an agenda laced Hevon fan seeking to want Mariah gay to ruin her romance with Devon but....CF and CG have blazing chemistry. They are really good together. I saw the clips for tomorrow's show and this could really be big for Y&R. JMO 

I've already seen the bigots on FB bemoaning bringing "homosexuality to the show." Here's hoping they get used to the reality because Tessa and Mariah are great together. 

@Big Blue Plate MA is amazing. Bringing back Dina really gave the Abbots a boost. Their family dynamic is now fresh and interesting. Dina and Jack are my new favorite screen partners. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Tessa shocked me with her and Mariah today.  Wasn't she just crying over Noah, now she wants his sister?

Tessa is kinda in the middle of a triangle or soon will be. Inconsistency and fickleness comes with the role. 

• Love 2

Good episode!

Marla Adams, as you've said above, is just more and more interesting--she's playing so many layers, and doing a fantastic job! Loved her purring at Ravi, then turning on a dime toward Jack.

Of course, as we've noticed, the GirlTrain has been coming down the track toward Mariah and Tessa for a while now. And the payoff was actually almost fresh--that's saying something at this point.

What really got me, though, was when Old Buggerlugs tried a pre-emptive strike on Nikki: "Oh, you're not going to lie down like a wet rug?" [mini-Shatner pause] "Well, I've already planned to leave." Okay, then Victor, make it farther than Mexico this time. I hear Tierra del Fuego is lovely this time of year. Tasmania?

• Love 8
18 hours ago, bannana said:

I only caught a bit of the show today, but I wanted to let everyone know that I think they are going there, re Mariah and Tessa.  They had a "moment" today!

Yes, they sure did. I think Tessa is gay, and I do love them both

Can this please, please please be the end of Chloe/Kevin/weird Doctor an bully Victor?? 

Also , can this be the end of Nikki and the bully? 

I see sparks between Abby and Scott!

• Love 7
(edited)

Thought Jack and Ashley were hilarious today... it was well written dialogue, well delivered by both.  Davidson's facial expressions were hilarious. 

And loved those lines especially (paraphrasing)

I ran into Victor today

With your car, I hope. 

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 10

Also, I am good with Jack and Nikki.  There are so many right things about it, starting with age.  But I don't know where that leaves Phyllis... current morass aside, I like GT.  I wish there was a good place for her.  

I don't know about the lesbian love story... I just have a hard time imagining it playing well - or be being played honestly - on Y&R.  They used to like a good STD or sexual violence story but the nuance of gay?  And women?  I thought straight women often preferred gay romance between men?  I have so little faith in the show to do it properly.  But I gotta say the actresses are playing it well.  There's chemistry. And I recall it was hugely popular on Guiding Light when they did it.   

• Love 5
On 7/16/2017 at 5:28 PM, Tippi said:

And here is something interesting:  my husband never watches this show.  I happened to have it on and he stopped to watch a few minutes.  (Have you ever tried to describe the relationships between any group of characters on the show to someone who has never watched it? Lordy.)  He did recognize EB from Rat Patrol.  Anyway, he immediately picked up on the vibe between Mariah and Tessa and asked me if they were a couple. 

Thank you for this! I thought that I was the one starting with the dementia, not poor Dina! I have been noticing this slow build towards Mariah and Tessa as a couple for a while now, and would be willing to bet good money that Y&R is FINALLY going to go with a Gay Storyline with these two. Honestly, out of all the potential romantic partners these girls have so far been paired/tested with, I have only seen true chemistry between the two of them. FWIW.

• Love 9

I have always been a fan of Marla Adams back in the day when I was in high school and she was one of the best on several soaps---she is old school and knows how to do it--I also hope that she is not wasted on some sort of dementia storyline as I am a caregiver of a 90 year old parent and dealing with that in real life and am looking for a little escape (reason I am here so seldom these days) I mostly watch Y& R on Demand because I can be interrupted 4 times in 4 minutes and it is that or cable news and after awhile my eyes cross at that---used to watch "Bull"and loved "This is Us" but if it can't be interrupted I can't follow it---sometimes I watch all 5 episodes of Y&R on the weekend and it is not lost on me that the ONLY reason I ever went back to Y& R after several years was because my mom and I could watch together but now she doesn't care much---but every once in awhile there is a little spark and she remembers so I will take it---sorry to be a downer--this was meant to be Marla love---as for Mariah and Tessa---I look for what some of you see but it seems so erratic I just don't know

• Love 21
(edited)
8 hours ago, Oly said:

I have always been a fan of Marla Adams back in the day when I was in high school and she was one of the best on several soaps---she is old school and knows how to do it--I also hope that she is not wasted on some sort of dementia storyline as I am a caregiver of a 90 year old parent and dealing with that in real life and am looking for a little escape (reason I am here so seldom these days) I mostly watch Y& R on Demand because I can be interrupted 4 times in 4 minutes and it is that or cable news and after awhile my eyes cross at that---used to watch "Bull"and loved "This is Us" but if it can't be interrupted I can't follow it---sometimes I watch all 5 episodes of Y&R on the weekend and it is not lost on me that the ONLY reason I ever went back to Y& R after several years was because my mom and I could watch together but now she doesn't care much---but every once in awhile there is a little spark and she remembers so I will take it---sorry to be a downer--this was meant to be Marla love---as for Mariah and Tessa---I look for what some of you see but it seems so erratic I just don't know

I'm glad you can get some enjoyment and sometimes even a sense of connection with your mom watching Y + R.  What you're doing for her is such an immense act of love.

And you're so right about Marla.  What a treat it is to watch her.

All the best, Oly.

Edited by boes
  • Love 17
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:39 PM, Big Blue Plate said:

Also, I am good with Jack and Nikki.  There are so many right things about it, starting with age.  But I don't know where that leaves Phyllis... current morass aside, I like GT.  I wish there was a good place for her.  

I don't know about the lesbian love story... I just have a hard time imagining it playing well - or be being played honestly - on Y&R.  They used to like a good STD or sexual violence story but the nuance of gay?  And women?  I thought straight women often preferred gay romance between men?  I have so little faith in the show to do it properly.  But I gotta say the actresses are playing it well.  There's chemistry. And I recall it was hugely popular on Guiding Light when they did it.   

I'm with you here. I don't have any confidence that a lesbian storyline - or a a gay romance between men - will be handled well. There are too many naysayers and bible thumpers out there who are going to be hurling complaints about it to the point of jamming up the CBS and Sony phone sytems and their online forums. This story will be dropped as fast as it's launched. Or before it completely gets off the ground. And I have a greater beef with it, actually. Why is it that film writers are always gungho about featuring two women in a sexual relationship and not men? Isn't is actually sexist? Why do they assume that viewers will accept one and not the other? I would think that they'd probably be thinking that daytime viewers - who are primarily female - would be more interested in seeing men in romantic relationships. Why is a lesbian relationship regarded as more benign or more acceptable or more sensual than the other? I fail to get it.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

I'm with you here. I don't have any confidence that a lesbian storyline - or a a gay romance between men - will be handled well. There are too many naysayers and bible thumpers out there who are going to be hurling complaints about it to the point of jamming up the CBS and Sony phone sytems and their online forums. This story will be dropped as fast as it's launched. Or before it completely gets off the ground. And I have a greater beef with it, actually. Why is it that film writers are always gungho about featuring two women in a sexual relationship and not men? Isn't is actually sexist? Why do they assume that viewers will accept one and not the other? I would think that they'd probably be thinking that daytime viewers - who are primarily female - would be more interested in seeing men in romantic relationships. Why is a lesbian relationship regarded as more benign or more acceptable or more sensual than the other? I fail to get it.

Ahem ...buttsecks is icky.

/s

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 4

Oly, huge hugs.  My mom and I also watched Y&R together.  Actually, I got her hooked!  She was the only senior I knew who routinely asked me for spoilers!  

I don't think Y&R will go there with Mariah and Tessa, although they would make a cute couple.  Instead, they'll probably have Sharon giving birth to triplets, one of which (Tessa) was not identical.  Insert eyeroll here.

• Love 9

Do women prefer to see two men together?  Is that the rule? Never knew that.  I know I don't though. I am not interested in any romance that doesn't have a woman involved at the heart of it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DivaT said:

Do women prefer to see two men together?  Is that the rule? Never knew that.  I know I don't though. I am not interested in any romance that doesn't have a woman involved at the heart of it. 

Personally I don't need sex scenes at all. Implied, sure. Even a little kissin' is just ducky, but the type of garbage that pasess as hot sex on Show are deplorable to me.

• Love 11