Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I found Nate and Ana to be totally juvenile and annoying during their scenes with Devon. Giggling while hacking away at veggies and putting the blender on full blast while Devon clutches his head was not funny. Also, eggs, seaweed, and cheese rind to drink? Blergh. I'd rather deal with the hangover, thank you very much. 

I wonder what is up with Victor being out of reach? His phone is disconnected, his emails are bouncing back...and Summer is probably still in the airport, walking around in confused circles, because gwampa isn't there to meet her and lead her to the outside.  

Also, Ana comparing Devon's loss of Hillary to her loss of her dream, of being a musician, was a bit of a stretch. I'm still confused by what she was trying to say...Devon handled it well. though. I would have thrown my hangover juice in her face. 

I thought the concoction was an emetic rather than a “cure”, more likely to make him barf. But Devon drinking water was the better “cure”.

• Love 2

Just watched today’s eppy.

Rey calls in Nick, Nikki, and Victoria into Paul’s office, which is now an interrogation room. Bye bye Christine’s photo. Rey tells them they found a gun in the stables. They tell him they don’t know how a gun got in there, and they would never leave a gun lying around where their grandkids/kids play. Nick gets fed up and leaves and tells Nikki and Vicky to call a lawyer before saying anything else. After Nick leaves, Rey shows the ladies a shirt covered in blood. Nikki haughtingly informs Rey it does not belong to Victor since he only wears tailored shirts and this shirt is clearly off the rack. Rey tells them the gun is Victor’s and has his prints on it and the shirt is covered in JT’s blood. Nikki says that is impossible and doesn’t make sense. When Rey suspiciously asks why, Nikki covers and says because they have staff almost 24/7 and they wouldn’t leave a gun just lying around.

Devon goes to therapy. His therapist is nice and totally understands why Devon is frustrated with his meddling family and might not want to spend Thanksgiving with Lily. He also acknowledges that Devon must be even more upset since Cane sent Shauna away. He suggests that rather than Devon drink to cope, he should take a low dose of anti-anxiety meds. Devon is resistant and almost walks out but the doctor convinces him to stay. Devon tells the doctor about his mom’s drug habit and Neil’s drinking. The doctor convinces Devon that this is different and he wouldn’t fault a diabetic for taking insulin or an asmathic for needing an inhaler, would he? The doctor reassures Devon it is a low dose, short-term, and this is between just the two of them. Devon seems to agree.

Devon returns home where Nate and Ana have been discussing him this whole time and being super obnoxious. Devon forgot he had a meeting set up and the woman is on her way after meeting with Billy and Phyllis just before. Nate keeps telling Devon he should reschedule and Devon is getting annoyed and sort of snaps. Nate makes a face at Ana like Devon clearly needs help. Personally, I think Devon needs to drive Nate to Rex Rugs ASAP.

Nate leaves when the woman Devon is meeting arrives. I don’t remember her name. She is bitchy with Devon because the singer she wants to be the face of her brand is in Italy and she can’t meet with her face to face. She tells Devon she hates people like him who waste her time. Ana smooths things over and we see Devon having a panic attack. His vision is wavering, his hands are shaking and he’s clutching his chest. Ana and the woman finally notice and ask if he’s okay as Devon’s eyes kind of roll in his head. 

Oh, and this woman indicated to Phyllis earlier that she might be willing to do business with Jabot if she could meet the dark haired guy sitting at a table at the GCAC near them. The guy in question of course is Nick and Phyllis says sure. Later that evening when she’s home with Nick she asks if he’d go on a date with another woman. Nick looks shocked.

That’s really all I can recall.

• Love 14

What is TPTB’s pure obsession with writing dialogue and/or stories surrounding cheating when it comes to Philly? Both characters look, sound, and act absolutely ridiculous and straight-up crazy. Billy basically telling Phyllis today “at least I never cheated on you!” This is a guy who fucked his brother’s wife and his girlfriend’s daughter but wants a badge of honor for not cheating specifically on PHYLLIS. Do the writers think the audience is stupid or is this all (still) written for the same 12 Twitter stans?

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 15

Today YR was pre empted, and they aired a “Classic” epi, the one where Dickolas is drunk in a cabin over Sharon not telling him something or other, anyway, there are flashbacks of all his past relationships, and Syph scenes it’s GT playing Syph, I mean, did they re do a shit ton of old scenes just to maaaaybe air them for a pre empt situation? Did anyone else see this? It was bizarre...

• Love 1

so, will nick take one for the team so to speak by schtupping rebecca so phyl can get her contract signed?

please help me here y&r historians......

when phyl and jack were married and he found out kyle was his son, didn't he sleep with diane (at phyl's suggestion) in order to get custody of kyle?

i foggily remember something of the sort...

• Love 1

Good, so I don't feel too far behind in dates. I'm hard at work on another project so I'm streaming the show on the Global app and I must say, there just isn't much that I find interesting especially compared to the BB years. I'm disheartened to see so many core characters gone and the whole focus of the show on the mundane. I really don't care (do u?) about who is schtupping whom and would like to see the glamour of yesteryear-- the Colonade room, the grand feasts, the beautiful clothes, the scheming on a large scale. Everyone sounds and acts like a bunch of niggling adolescents and no one rises above it. Even Nikki who should have replaced the great Katherine as a character is now part of the bubble, bubble, toil and trouble witches' coven. And, how did so many people from Miami end up in General City WI? It looks like TPTB want to segue the show into something it never was by eliminating legacy characters and sets. 

This is all just my opinion I'm sure you understand, but if I didn't have my nose in a new project I wouldn't be watching this whatever-it-is.

• Love 19

I will never get over the fact that Jack has to engage with and listen to Billy talk about Phyllis and their ~relationship~ as if HIS MARRIAGE DIDN’T END BECAUSE OF BILLY. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. My god.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 19

There's more:

Next Week:
Reed to Victoria: I came back for a reason, I want to find out how my dad died
Abby to Lola: I have an offer, that you're not going to be able to refuse
Mariah to Sharon: Please leave her alone
Sharon: Not until I'm sure she's out of your life for good
Victoria to Billy: It's been a rough week, I actually think a party sounds kind of fun
Nikki downs some champagne and stumbles out into the snow. 

• Love 8
On 12/4/2018 at 8:38 PM, jewel21 said:

Devon goes to therapy. His therapist is nice and totally understands why Devon is frustrated with his meddling family and might not want to spend Thanksgiving with Lily. He also acknowledges that Devon must be even more upset since Cane sent Shauna away. He suggests that rather than Devon drink to cope, he should take a low dose of anti-anxiety meds. Devon is resistant and almost walks out but the doctor convinces him to stay. Devon tells the doctor about his mom’s drug habit and Neil’s drinking. The doctor convinces Devon that this is different and he wouldn’t fault a diabetic for taking insulin or an asmathic for needing an inhaler, would he? The doctor reassures Devon it is a low dose, short-term, and this is between just the two of them. Devon seems to agree.

I was surprised that this session actually seemed helpful for Devon but I was annoyed when he got his back up about the medication. Taking medication is not the same as drug addiction. Also, not every person prescribed painkillers get addicted.

On 12/5/2018 at 5:57 PM, HeatLifer said:

This is a guy who fucked his brother’s wife and his girlfriend’s daughter but wants a badge of honor for not cheating specifically on PHYLLIS.

Really! Hasn't he cheated on all his partners?

19 hours ago, Pickles said:

Please, please let Mariah break up with Tessa!

Isn't she just staying with her to keep getting info for the Gang of Four?

• Love 6

Okay, jeez, Mal, you're now stealing from fanfic? To wit: Mariah and Lola actually have a well written conversation, ending with Mariah's decision to break up with Tessa.

Okay,

Cut to Three Witches of Genoa City doing some in-car tormenting of Tessa... Leaving her weeping on the roadside. In the snow. In a semi-fetal position. [You may now infer that I could care less, but it was a Friday afternoon and I'd had a few after enjoying an ep of DOOL, a currently far better show.] Was there no ice she could fall through?

A few scenes later and whadda we got? Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo! Mariah/Tessa hurt-comfort scenario. Mal, maybe upgrade your sources a tad. Or, I hear London's very pleasant at Christmas...

Still with me?

After a few more scenes, and after Phyllis Frau Bluchering into Nick's room at the GCAC, finding whateverhernameis in black scanties, what do we get?

No more Disney lyrics. But Phyllis triumphant. Don't even try for logic here. Why?

Because THE POWER OF PHYLLIS COMPELS YOU!

• Love 14
3 hours ago, pearlite said:

Okay, jeez, Mal, you're now stealing from fanfic? To wit: Mariah and Lola actually have a well written conversation, ending with Mariah's decision to break up with Tessa.

Okay,

Cut to Three Witches of Genoa City doing some in-car tormenting of Tessa... Leaving her weeping on the roadside. In the snow. In a semi-fetal position. [You may now infer that I could care less, but it was a Friday afternoon and I'd had a few after enjoying an ep of DOOL, a currently far better show.] Was there no ice she could fall through?

A few scenes later and whadda we got? Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo! Mariah/Tessa hurt-comfort scenario. Mal, maybe upgrade your sources a tad. Or, I hear London's very pleasant at Christmas...

Still with me?

After a few more scenes, and after Phyllis Frau Bluchering into Nick's room at the GCAC, finding whateverhernameis in black scanties, what do we get?

No more Disney lyrics. But Phyllis triumphant. Don't even try for logic here. Why?

Hahaha!!  Pearlite, pure hilarious genius!!

Edited by boes
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, pearlite said:

Ha!!

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎06 at 4:34 PM, Capricasix said:

Today’s Canadian eppy is a repeat of yesterday’s. I guess Global didn’t want to be two eps ahead of the US.

I honestly thought I was losing my mind, especially since the episode description was different from the one the day before, or it was at least with my service provider. Actually most of my episode descriptions have been off lately. I wonder if they're running a day ahead or behind? I haven't cared enough to go back and see if I could figure it out. 

I was not a fan of Chelsea on Two and a Half Men, so I recoiled when I saw Jennifer Taylor playing Rebekah Barlow. Hopefully that's done with now.

Also, how did Nikki get into bed without at least noticing some weird shadows on the other side of the bed where, presumably JT's, jacket and pants were laid out?

• Love 3
17 hours ago, misokinesia said:

Also, how did Nikki get into bed without at least noticing some weird shadows on the other side of the bed where, presumably JT's, jacket and pants were laid out?

I presume Nikki has perfected never looking at Victor's side of the bed, just in case Victor is laying there, spanxless and ready for some lovin'.  The Sergeant Schultz "I saw nothing!" excuse in all regards is the secret to her marital success with Count Chokula.

The smell of the grave emanating from those clothes can't be any different than his usual odor.

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, misokinesia said:

I was not a fan of Chelsea on Two and a Half Men, so I recoiled when I saw Jennifer Taylor playing Rebekah Barlow. Hopefully that's done with now.

Thank you! I knew I recognized her but I couldn't for the life of me place her. It was driving me nuts!

• Love 6

Gosh, Lola's such a brightener! I usually don't care about the younger crowd, but this girl's playing the hell out of her character. Plot-wise, we all knew her four-course extravaganza would do the trick, but still. I could live without the obvious DI [= dramatic irony] of the upward-mobility-by-contact interchange between Lola and Mia--but there was a crack about GC's wealthiest former stripper--or I wrote that line in my head. It's possible.

FenFen is a giant turd. Hot and cold running obnox.

By contrast, Reed's hair is fabulosissima! And the kid can underplay, which is nice. I'm over JT done gone.

I refuse to even use up neurons on recalling Cane. What's DG got on someone?

Then, the deliciously soapy asininity of Nikki getting a makeover chez Rosales, at the dubious hands of Mia:

• Nikki's hair is wondrous--such body!
  • Nikki's scheme--just us gals with two stubborn hubbies...
  • ***Nikki takes a drink, and is once again, double the entertainment value!
Edited by pearlite
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I'm so happy Reed is back. And I agree that his hair is fabulous. I didn't watch today's eppy yet, fell asleep at 6:00 PM, heh. 

I love it too. I don't see what gender has to do with how long or short one wears their hair.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I love it too. I don't see what gender has to do with how long or short one wears their hair.

Agreed.  I think it looks great on him.  During my hippydom days I had it long, past my shoulders for a while, gave my mother the vapors (what will the neighbors think?!?!) but she recovered.

So did the neighbors.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, boes said:

Agreed.  I think it looks great on him.  During my hippydom days I had it long, past my shoulders for a while, gave my mother the vapors (what will the neighbors think?!?!) but she recovered.

So did the neighbors.

My son always had really long hair, he was such a pretty child people thought he was a girl. I asked him once if it bothered him and he said no, I know I'm a boy.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Back in the 60's, my mother's friend had a son with long hair.  He worked summer as a mail carrier and one of his customers commented to another "Jesus Christ delivered my mail today"

Yeah, he used to get that a lot too when he was in high school. I wonder if valley will be in a humoring us mood today and link the Canadian spoilers. 

/hint, hint

• Love 3
Just now, peacheslatour said:

Yeah, he used to get that a lot too when he was in high school. I wonder if valley will be in a humoring us mood today and link the Canadian spoilers. 

/hint, hint

Hmmmm.....nobody ever compared me to a diety.......

and probably never will.......

• Love 5