Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

How did Nick breathe in that thing? Never mind. His brain doesn’t require a lot of oxygen.

That other braintrust, Kyle, stole a piece of dead guy for... nothing. What a pointless and insulting exercise this Chancellor wild goose chase has been. What family will they dangle in front of Jack next?

• Love 12

I know Jill mostly just shrieked this episode, but it was nice having her back. 

Also, Mariah is looking gorgeous these last two episodes. Her hair is lovely. It looks like she stepped away from the bright orange, and went with a more natural shade. It looks beautiful on her. I'm also enjoying Victoria's hair. It's so shiny. Yes, I'm shallow. 

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, spinxella said:

Y&R has really jumped the shark.

Shouldn't Victor have had more of a reaction? He just looks like he has gas.

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

What family will they dangle in front of Jack next?

I hope it's not Victor's father. I don't want to see Jack, Kyle, and Victor playing tug of war over Albert Miller's bones at his grave unless Jack or Kyle knock Victor into the grave with Albert's femur.

Edited by babyhouseman
wrong name
  • Love 14
(edited)
13 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

How did Nick breathe in that thing? Never mind. His brain doesn’t require a lot of oxygen.

That other braintrust, Kyle, stole a piece of dead guy for... nothing. What a pointless and insulting exercise this Chancellor wild goose chase has been. What family will they dangle in front of Jack next?

giphy.gif

Jackie, THIS is your real father!

giphy.gif

No, Jackie, THIS is your real father!

giphy.gif

Hmmmm, Jackie, maybe THIS is your real father?

giphy.gif

Well, Jackie, it WAS summer, and I was hot, so perhaps, just perhaps this is your real father?

giphy.gif

Oh, Jackie, I DID love a man in a celluloid collar, so THIS may be your real father...

giphy.gif

Hell, kid, it's a crap shoot.  Just be glad THIS ain't your real father.

Disclaimer - poking fun at Mal and this awful storyline, NOT at our Jackie!

Edited by boes
  • Love 20
(edited)
On 7/12/2018 at 5:48 PM, valleycliffe said:

LOL  no, jt wasn't shown....victor is his black leather motorcycle jacket wait for jt to arrive in a dark dusty alley..  then the hooded one arrives....then, previews for next week.

https://boards.soapcentral.com/forum/daytime-drama-series-soap-operas/the-young-and-the-restless/1640875-canadian-thursday-us-friday-episode

I know he's old but a leather jacket in July when the whole center of the country is around 100...but so is he and also a lizard.

3 hours ago, boes said:

giphy.gif

Jackie, THIS is your real father!

giphy.gif

No, Jackie, THIS is your real father!

giphy.gif

Hmmmm, Jackie, maybe THIS is your real father?

giphy.gif

Well, Jackie, it WAS summer, and I was hot, so perhaps, just perhaps this is your real father?

giphy.gif

Oh, Jackie, I DID love a man in a celluloid collar, so THIS may be your real father...

giphy.gif

Hell, kid, it's a crap shoot.  Just be glad THIS ain't your real father.

Blue eyes... lovely chestnut hair... Dena? Did you hit any democratic bashes in the late 50's early 60's. Jack? Dina admired vigahh. Hummm.

Edited by crowsworks
I tried to remove the great animated pics but they were too good
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Also, Mariah is looking gorgeous these last two episodes. Her hair is lovely. It looks like she stepped away from the bright orange, and went with a more natural shade. It looks beautiful on her. I'm also enjoying Victoria's hair. It's so shiny. Yes, I'm shallow. 

What else IS there?

• Love 7

I thought Drinki and Sharon screaming was the best thing ever (and honestly I could watch that over and over again), but I pretty much pee'ed my pants when Dickolas pulled off his JT mask.  Show, you are going down a campy road, and I guess I am going with you.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, bannana said:

I pretty much pee'ed my pants when Dickolas pulled off his JT mask.

So did Victor, if his facial expression was anything to go by. He seems to visibly deflate as if he just drained the main vein or deposited a load of colon coal in his black spanx of virility.

boes, I was about to feel wounded on poor Jack’s behalf. Then I realized that all those options you posted are still better than Victor or Victor’s daddy. I’m still putting my money on Dina having twins by some Peruvian playboy. It’s not any dumber than anything Mal has produced.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

boes, I was about to feel wounded on poor Jack’s behalf. Then I realized that all those options you posted are still better than Victor or Victor’s daddy. I’m still putting my money on Dina having twins by some Peruvian playboy. It’s not any dumber than anything Mal has produced.

Oh, NO NO NO, I'm in no way dissing Jack, not ever!  I was poking fun at the utter lunacy of this storyline.  

Though Fred Munster is the best of the bunch......

NOT dissing Jackie, just our Mr. Mal and his grrrrrrrrrreat ideas.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, crowsworks said:

What else IS there?

Haha, too true. 

Um....the floral arrangements have been on point, too. Those lovely red and yellow roses at Casa Abbott are stunning, and Sharon's bouquet was also lovely. That's pretty much all I got at this point. 

• Love 8

Boes, you cad, I’m hip to your patter as Neil might say. 

Well, I think I might try my hand at the “find something positive about Y&R” thought exercise. I was going to mention Billy getting jabusted, but I suspect the fallout will be less than satisfactory. Buttbiscuit will become an object of pity, and Phyllis’s love will help him rise from the ashes of addiction like the phoenix Mal imagines him to be. 

Mariah is pretty cool, but Young is using her to prop Hilary and have out of character interactions with the incest twins.

I guess Abby and Arturo aren’t revolting. And Ravi is out there somewhere. 

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Boes, you cad, I’m hip to your patter as Neil might say. 

Well, I think I might try my hand at the “find something positive about Y&R” thought exercise. I was going to mention Billy getting jabusted, but I suspect the fallout will be less than satisfactory. Buttbiscuit will become an object of pity, and Phyllis’s love will help him rise from the ashes of addiction like the phoenix Mal imagines him to be. 

Mariah is pretty cool, but Young is using her to prop Hilary and have out of character interactions with the incest twins.

I guess Abby and Arturo aren’t revolting. And Ravi is out there somewhere. 

You know, while we're scrounging, we might be grateful for a poke-free episode--and I'm not talking Hawaiian fish here.

In fact, I'd say, to use a vintage expression, today's theme was "Let's not and say we did." Mr CoolJazz Neil and Ashley? Nope. Kudos, Ashley, unless you're sleep-deprived. Dina? "Oh Phillip C and I were just friends..." Way to deflate the balloon, Mal. Monster-movie galpals? C'mon--Mal's sportin' with us. [But I liked the cut from the monster-tentacles back to the action.] Nick and Sharon? Victor-induced-rage interruptus. [But that bouquet contained peonies--absolutely seasonal!]

Just a tiny request, Mal--could Jill please eat Kyle and toss the bones, like movie-Henry VIII?

• Love 12

So I guess we're all going as JT for Halloween, right?  Now that the mask is available, it would be a shame not to.  Plus, I already have a hoodie.  It's got Lil BUB on the back, and I'm a 62-year-old woman with big boobs who's only 5'3".  But according to GC logic, nobody will be able to tell me apart from the real JT!  I just hope they're not giving out partially-decomposed vertebrae instead of Snickers bars at the Chancellors'.

• Love 14

Why is Nick doing this?  Does he have a mental problem?  He just was given Christian back, but when the police discover what's he's done, Victor and Nikki will probably get him back.  

• Love 5

Nick gave Victor a taste of his own gaslighting medicine, but being Nick, he also accidentally gaslit his mom, sister, fiancé, and his annoying ex. I’m thinking Nick is actually Jack’s son and inherited the compulsion to give the whole game away to Victor before it was necessary. He should have just punched Victor in the mothballs while wearing the JT mask and ran off into the night. 

• Love 16
On 7/14/2018 at 8:27 AM, jewel21 said:

Haha, too true. 

Um....the floral arrangements have been on point, too. Those lovely red and yellow roses at Casa Abbott are stunning, and Sharon's bouquet was also lovely. That's pretty much all I got at this point. 

Aren't the red and yellow roses at the Abbott mansion the same ones that are always there? The only reason I ask is that I don't like the colour red, and hate red and yellow together, so I always find that arrangement jarring. In fact I have always figured they were silk flowers, and was thinking just a few days ago that they really need to update the floral arrangement! I am glad though that someone is enjoying them! 

• Love 2

I had only just noticed them. Then again, I usually just listen to the show rather than watch it since I'm usually on my phone. Maybe that arrangement is fake and has been there for the past twenty years, haha. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, spinxella said:

AQnYJE.gif

Wait, what????  I need to watch today's CDN!!!!

I have been waiting a long time for this.  This may be one storyline they did the right way. Slow, obstacles, and then kismet.   Happy sigh.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I had only just noticed them. Then again, I usually just listen to the show rather than watch it since I'm usually on my phone. Maybe that arrangement is fake and has been there for the past twenty years, haha. 

For a minute there I thought you were referring to Kneel and Ashley.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, jewel21 said:

Absolutely fucking brilliant, Ninja!

Yep, NinjaPenguins, you did it.

I'm not only really ####DEAD####, I'm also most sincerely  ####DEAD####.

• Love 13

Summer seemed OOC today a ton. Summer the one who defended Victor when he put a stranger in her mothers bed, is all "team Nick" Victor deserves it? I also like how that entire fake Jack was left out of the memory lane by Nick. He could have pointed it out to Summer when he got to her spot at the table.  I guess I should be grateful Nick was allowed to mention the gaslighting of Sharon.

• Love 6

Nick being all Dark Horse was embarrassingly stupid.  Yes, he should have done it, just not called a meeting of his "girls" with a glass of champagne to announce it all.  Silly fake psychopath!  I did like that Dummer has finally cut the cord from Grampwire and is all team Dark Horse Daddy now.  And, Nick is not really dark.  He is wearing a nice suit and he frowns a lot.  That would be just every guy in a suit who has gas.

WTF is wrong with Drinki?  She is officially a shitty mother.

Okay, I truly hope Hilary is dead.  I know that sounds bad.  But we know she is leaving, there is no way to recast this character.  So she is either dead or in a coma for a really, really long time.  And Lily will feel like shit for a long time, though, it is not entirely her fault.  I know I could not pay attention to driving with that constant haranguing in my ear.  Hilary brought it on her own self.  Has she ever just shut the fuck up?  No.  But Lily will never get over it.  And I guess Shawna will  move in on Devon.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, bannana said:

Nick being all Dark Horse was embarrassingly stupid.  Yes, he should have done it, just not called a meeting of his "girls" with a glass of champagne to announce it all.  Silly fake psychopath!  I did like that Dummer has finally cut the cord from Grampwire and is all team Dark Horse Daddy now.  And, Nick is not really dark.  He is wearing a nice suit and he frowns a lot.  That would be just every guy in a suit who has gas.

WTF is wrong with Drinki?  She is officially a shitty mother.

Okay, I truly hope Hilary is dead.  I know that sounds bad.  But we know she is leaving, there is no way to recast this character.  So she is either dead or in a coma for a really, really long time.  And Lily will feel like shit for a long time, though, it is not entirely her fault.  I know I could not pay attention to driving with that constant haranguing in my ear.  Hilary brought it on her own self.  Has she ever just shut the fuck up?  No.  But Lily will never get over it.  And I guess Shawna will  move in on Devon.

Well, yesterday caused two responses in me that I'll only admit once: (1) I actually didn't loathe Nick during his [unfortunately incomplete] litany of Victor's malfeasances; and, (2) I actually didn't totally despise Lily when she went at Hilary--and, yes, folks, I don't like Shawna at all--she's working something here. Good luck with Devon, hon.

Now, after those two shaming admissions, I'll add that Mal likely thinks he got Nick to channel Michael Corleone's debut as Godfather...nope, Mal, Nick is barely Nicholas Corcacca, sorry. And inquiring minds want to know what products Dark Horse will be involved with marketing...

• Love 10

Charlie went over to Hillary's to have sex with Hillary's foster daughter (I cannot remember names!). Lily found out and went charging over there. She read Charlie and the girl the riot act. Hillary came home and started arguing with Lily. The foster girl suddenly went missing. Charlie, Hillary and Lily get in Lily's car and drive around looking for her. Still arguing with Hillary, Lily doesn't watch the road and has an accident. This is all I know. I am in the US, not Canada. :)

• Love 7
14 hours ago, bannana said:

I think Hillary will miscarry, and her hatred for Lily will be even stronger after Lily causes her to lose her baby. And not able to stare at Lily's face anymore because the hurt and anger is too great, Hilary will leave GC forever. Or at least that's what I think Mal will go with. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I think Hillary will miscarry, and her hatred for Lily will be even stronger after Lily causes her to lose her baby. And not able to stare at Lily's face anymore because the hurt and anger is too great, Hilary will leave GC forever. Or at least that's what I think Mal will go with. 

I hope she tries to kill Lily and only succeeds in injuring her and is sent to the slammer for twenty years.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Charlie went over to Hillary's to have sex with Hillary's foster daughter (I cannot remember names!). Lily found out and went charging over there. She read Charlie and the girl the riot act. Hillary came home and started arguing with Lily. The foster girl suddenly went missing. Charlie, Hillary and Lily get in Lily's car and drive around looking for her. Still arguing with Hillary, Lily doesn't watch the road and has an accident. This is all I know. I am in the US, not Canada. :)

Thanks, Pickles!

• Love 3

Based on what we saw, it looks like she is dead for realz.  Dr. Nate pushed out the GC doctor and insisted on taking her into surgery, in a very black room.  Then we see Nate, upset, in front of an empty bed.  Then we see, but do not hear, him giving bad news to the Winters'.

Charlie also tells Cane that Lily blew through a red light because she was arguing with Hilary, but Lily doesn't remember this and doesn't know that Charlie told Cane.  Lily is completely fine but doesn't remember what happened.

In other news, Stepford Drinki convenes a meeting of the Newmans and suggests Brick and Big Daddy become partners.  Yeah, no.  Then Abby says she is going with Nick and tells them it is because she has been marginalized at Newman.  Vic puts her down one more time.  Vic says she hasn't decided.  Drinki says she is siding with Prick over her own son.  We learn from Nick that Noah is joining Dark Horse to set up a London office.  Prick poo poos Dark Horse's inexperienced Exec Suite and tells his son he will fail, and he will make sure of it.  Then Jack arrives and Nick announces he is a Board member and Executive Consultant.  Prick derides Jack.  Everyone else leaves, and Vic tells Prick she will stay at NE, she wants to be COO and wants in writing that she will take over when he steps down.  He agrees, and beams with pride.

Sharon is thinking of dumping Nick.

• Love 14
(edited)

I hate how every time there is a surgery scene under Mal, the doctors are in a black room with no lights. Bitch please, surgery rooms are super well lit, don't give me this artsy bullshit. They did the same thing when what's her face died, Sam's mother. 

They certainly made it seem as though Hilary died today, but I'll believe it when I see it. 

Dark Horse sounds ridiculous, but I like the thought of Jack and Nick teaming up. "Dark Nick" comes off more as "smarmy Nick."

Shawna can go away forever. She can take my new, annoying, noisy neighbours with her. It's 11 PM and I'm seriously seconds away from ringing their bell and telling them to shut the fuck up.  

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Shawna can go away forever. She can take my new, annoying, noisy neighbours with her. It's 11 PM and I'm seriously seconds away from ringing their bell and telling them to shut the fuck up.  

Be careful, Jewel21, it could be ButtBiscuit.  Now that Phyllis kicked him out he has to live somewhere. 

• Love 10