Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

On 10/13/2017 at 1:54 AM, bannana said:

Okay, just watched the ep.  What the hells???  Jack took Dina back to her suite where he should have known Graham would get to her.  WTF.  He should have taken her home with him.  Of course, soapy goodness.

Jack wasn't thinking straight. He's great at planning but unexpected curveballs, not so much.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

he camera man is totally going for Ashley’s boobs that are almost completely exposed in that dress!  Every opening shot on her focused on boobs then pan to face...

Flashley?

• Love 7

if they want to back off Messa or Tesriah instead of just dumping the story line have Mariah blow off Devon and THEN find out that Tessa feels only extreme gratitude and affection of the sisterly kind - shattering for both actresses as Tessa would feel so guilty and Mariah blurted out her feelings in front of everyone. Yikes.

you know soaps can't have 'happy couples'

• Love 4

so is it right that they are backing away from the lesbian storyline due to viewer backlash?  or is this some protracted road to romance?  because if it's reaction to viewer feedback it is interesting to me because suggests they don't do much in terms of focus groups in advance because this thing isn't surely getting backlash that wouldn't have surfaced in research too. 

• Love 4

I think I remember them asking about same sex relationships in the Sony survey sent out a couple months ago. I had just signed up a few weeks before that and it was my first Y&R survey like that. Where I could I made sure to give detailed answers support where more then just choosing an answer was allowed. I've been deleting episodes for about a month though because I was tired of everything going on especially with Brash & Sassy, Victor and the sex ring. I've been appreciative of @bannana's summaries that explain what's going on without always being as long as ones posted elsewhere. I still hate that they dropped Victoria & Neil way back when and if they cave to complainers by dropping the lesbian storyline I'm thinking about dropping the show on principal. 

• Love 7

Good show today, and line of the ep comes from Nick to Sharon:  I'm not just some handsome face, there is a brain up here. Hah!

• Most of the action happens at the hospital.  We start with the evening before, with Ash, Graham, Jack and Traci all at the hospital, concerned about Dina, and arguing about whether Dina's doctor, whom Graham knows, is complicit.  Ash finally agrees to let the doc treat Dina.  Then we fast forward to the next morning.  Which means Flashley is stilling wear that boobalicious dress, as she and Traci spent the night there, and Jack left briefly to go to Jabot and cancel his meetings and fill in Glo and Ravi.  The doc tells them that Dina had a stroke, a minor one, but if she had not been found when she was, well, she'd be dead.  Graham looks a bit deflated when the doc tells Ash she saved Dina's life.  Then he reminds everyone that he was there too, he called the paramedics, and Ash etc. just glare at him.  Graham is quite officious as he tries to exert his position as Dina's...what?  He didn't play the POA card, so not sure why the doc or anyone would talk to him, when Dina's children are right there.  But he's relentless.  Ash tells him he should get a lawyer as they will be going after him for fraud, at a minimum.  Later they go to Dina's room and encounter lurker Graham in the hall outside.  They order him to leave, and Jack says no one wants him there including Dina.  Graham said he never had a chance to explain himself to Dina, and Ash says, you mean fill her head with more lies.  He lashes out at all of them, calling them self-righteous, and then tells Ash she is an illegitimate loser just like her loser father.  Ash lunges at him and actually gets  a hold of his tie, which was kind of funny.  Traci and Jack hold her back, and those boobs were in the middle of the entire fray.  Graham continues pushing Ashley's buttons, telling her that Dina told him about her father's identity and that she had a mental breakdown all those years ago.  Traci cannot believe Dina would tell Graham, when she didn't even know, and he says that is evidence of how close they are.  Ash says, Graham cannot get to her, he disgusts her; he is a sad, pathetic little liar.  She says: We saw the real Graham last night, the pathetic, snivelling grasping Graham.  The doc comes by to say they can visit Dina one at a time.  Graham says he will go first, and they are aghast.  And damned if he didn't pull out a medical Power of Attorney.  Jaws dropped.
  • Ravi speculates in front of Glo that what happened at the dinner may have caused Dina's health issues, and Glo tries to get out of Ravi  what happened, but he doesn't reveal it.  She says she is part of the family, she was married to John.
  • Prick is at TOTT and Drinki shows up (wearing an unfortunate jacket) to harangue him about his relationship with Nick. He says he didn't start the conflict with Nick, and she says she knows that.  WTF?  She wants him to make peace.  He says if she wants peace she should move back to the Ranch.
  • Sharon shows up at Nick's house, and she is pissed at him for donating his trust fund, that he didn't consult with her and it will affect their children's future.  He assures her he has more than enough money to support his kids long after he is dead.  She goes on a rant about there is never enough money and when you win the lottery why would you give it away.  He again assures her he has enough money.  She reminds him that Lauren is a successful biz person, but she didn't have enough money to pay the $10 million ransom for Scott, only Victor has that kind of money.  Nick says, you got me there, I don't have a rainy day ransom fund!  Noah shows up to pile on Nick as well.  He wants the money and he doesn't want Nick to piss off Gwampire, because he could have been an asset.  Nick says he is done with Prick.  Noah and Sharon leave and go to CL.  Noah is concerned that he disrespected Nick.
  • Ravi encounters Prick at TOTT, when he goes to pick up Ashley's award.  Prick tries to find out what happened at the dinner to cause her to leave her award behind.  He assures Ravi that he knows everything about Ash, but Ravi politely extracts himself without telling Prick what happened. 
  • Nick goes to TOTT where he encounters Prick.  Prick snarks at Nick about needing a family discount, as he must be feeling the pinch.  Nick tells Prick that a portion of the fund he donated will go to orphanages, and Prick is curious as to what he is up to.  Nick admits that he donated the money to spite Prick, but also wanted Prick to focus on one of his other rivals.  Prick says he was never his rival, and if he was willing to spend half a billion to achieve peace, he is impressed.  Nick suggests that they keep the peace, and Prick agrees and they shake on it.  I am not making this up!
  • Drinki shows up at Jabot to see Jack, and she and Glo spar a bit, and Glo mentions that she had drinks with Prick the other night.  Drinki does something very strange, she tells her to go have dinner with Prick, on her, and drops her credit card on Glo's desk.  Seriously?  Glo tells her, no need to be snarky about things, and Drinki says go for it, as regards Prick.  She encourages Glo to make a play for Prick, telling her that she will be treated like a Queen.

Previews:  Cane to Billy:  you are looking at the acting CEO of Chancellor Industries.  Lily to Jordan: There is something I want to talk about with you...us. Dina, in her hospital bed, to Graham: I remember every word you said to me.

• Love 16

Have to add my thanks for the awesome banannacaps. Show sounds like it's getting a bit better. I like that Nikki is standing her ground and not going back to Prick. And Ravi sounds like a real stand-up guy and could be a great character if they did more with him. Still not enough to get me to watch though. When I read that Buttbiscuit and/or Prick are finally getting what they deserve (lose everything, are vilified by GC for the foreseeable future, drop kicked into a volcano), then I will tune back in. 

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, Desperately Random said:

Have to add my thanks for the awesome banannacaps. Show sounds like it's getting a bit better. I like that Nikki is standing her ground and not going back to Prick. And Ravi sounds like a real stand-up guy and could be a great character if they did more with him. Still not enough to get me to watch though. When I read that Buttbiscuit and/or Prick are finally getting what they deserve (lose everything, are vilified by GC for the foreseeable future, drop kicked into a volcano), then I will tune back in. 

Thanks, @Desperately Random.   As for Prick, he already has Victoria back on Team Prick, and today he supposedly made peace with Nick, and Noah was talking about what an asset his Gwampire is.  So I think he will never get what he deserves.  Plus when Abby is humiliated by the Zack criminal activities that she is financing, she too will end up being indebted to her Gwampire. 

Drinki, though, is standing her ground, even pushing Glo towards Prick, but she also agree with Prick when he said Nick started the feud with him.  Sigh.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I wonder who's complaining?  Even my 88 year old strictly Catholic mother really doesn't care. 

From what I've seen on FB and elsewhere it's mostly religious people and a lot of them always use that "we don't want that kind of thing forced down our throats" phrase. Since my mind has been known to roll around in the gutter at times so many people throwing out that line in particular has seemed ironic to me.

Can I ask how that ButtBiscuit name came to be? It makes me laugh whenever I see it.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Can I ask how that ButtBiscuit name came to be? It makes me laugh whenever I see it.

I no longer clearly remember, and I should since it's the only thing I will call that slug other than the occasionaly "Beely".  He started out with several names, Billy Munster, Butthead, etc., but the ButtBiscuit came along and we never looked back.

I think it was miamama or Cupid Stunt???  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I no longer clearly remember, and I should since it's the only thing I will call that slug other than the occasionaly "Beely".  He started out with several names, Billy Munster, Butthead, etc., but the ButtBiscuit came along and we never looked back.

I think it was miamama or Cupid Stunt???  

I think it was the late, great, wood-respecting Ninja Penguins.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

From what I've seen on FB and elsewhere it's mostly religious people and a lot of them always use that "we don't want that kind of thing forced down our throats" phrase. Since my mind has been known to roll around in the gutter at times so many people throwing out that line in particular has seemed ironic to me.

You would think that religious people would not watch soaps in the first place, given most of the main characters have multiple marriages, divorces, cheat at some point (or many points), engage in paternity roulette, just to name few story line staples of soaps. I think though if they were going to do away with the lesbian story line they would just drop it as if it had never existed, rather than still have Mariah and Tessa pussy footing around each other and the subject. And those two have far and away the most chemistry of any two people on Y&R so if TPTB wanted to ditch the story line they need to ditch Tessa. 

I am actually glad that Nick and Victor seem to have buried the hatchet - for awhile at least. That story line has been done to death. And Nick giving money to orphanages was a nice touch. 

I loved Nicki telling Gloria to go for it where Victor is concerned. I really wish she would. And also don't think Nikki would actually be OK with Gloria moving to the Newman ranch. But I would love it. 

• Love 7

A "who killed Graham" storyline would be fabulous!  Best thing to watch in awhile.  Dina could be accused...a trial would ensue...and someone not expected would have done it.  Reveal on the stand with tears and drama.  Maybe Billy could be the murderer...but we wouldn't want to get rid of the character permanently...always hope for a recast.  Cane!  Yes!  Must think of a reason, though.  I would prefer Victoria so she could be off my screen for awhile.  Send her to temporary prison...the actress could get well--rested and return (I guess a recast is out) after a few months.  Winning! We should write this soap.  Because I am dreading the Victoria brain injury storyline that I am sure is coming up.  We will have her on our screens interminably.

• Love 8

I would prefer Victoria so she could be off my screen for awhile. 

Because I am dreading the Victoria brain injury storyline that I am sure is coming up.

But you have just summoned a perfect defense for her. Not guilty by reason of insanity or mental defect. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

A "who killed Graham" storyline would be fabulous!  Best thing to watch in awhile.  Dina could be accused...a trial would ensue...and someone not expected would have done it. 

Knowing these idiots, the someone not expected would be Graham's third cousin who never liked him because he once stole his bubble wand at a family reunion.

• Love 10

Good news, no memory loss for Dina, but it is unclear whether Graham has snowed her again.

• It should still be the day after the party but everyone has changed clothes so I am not sure.  Thankfully Ash's boobs are no longer on display, and quite frankly, she looks better in her casual clothes than she did in that dress.  Graham is with Dina in her room, and she tells him she remembers everything including the convo before she collapsed.  So he feeds a line of bull about how he never really hated her, he wanted to, but then he came to see what an amazing person she is and that he is closer to her than anyone and he will stay with her until the end.  Creepy.  He also tells her about his sad childhood.  It is unclear if she buys it, but I really cannot believe she did.  Jack has a meeting with Michael re the medical POA, and Michael says it is valid.  The only thing is to get her to sign another one than makes Jack POA.  He has a plan.  He will not confront Graham, and he will play him.  Ash and Traci are at the hospital pacing and furious with Graham, but when Jack arrives with his plan, they are in. Graham comes out of her room and tells them she is too tired to see anyone.  Traci appeals to Graham, as the kinder gentler Abbott, and he yields, but only if they pay for a year of his mother's retirement home fees. Jack gives him a cheque, and then tells Ash and Traci he will put a stop on it as soon as Dina signs the new POA, but they go to her room and she is not there.  Traci was great today, and I wish they would just keep her.  I am a little surprised no one has told Abby that her Gramma is in the hospital.  She is really going to feel left out now.
  • Hil and Phyllis I guess are friends for reals, because she actually tells her that, as in Jack and she are Hil's only friends, which is why she won't run the story on Ash.  She wants to make amends with Vic, but Phyllis tells her that Vic is a stone cold bitch and she doesn't need her.  Later Phyllis seeks Michael's advice, and tells him about the Billy using her computer thing, and he tells her to tell Billy that she knows.  He also says to stop blaming Vic, because Billy is the one who did it, but Phyllis isn't having any of that.
  • Lily is at BS and just in case we felt boob-deprived now that Ash has covered up, she is wearing a tight dress, and I swear she has new and enhanced boobs. Vic welcomes her, and tells Jordan about her new job.  Then she speaks with Lily to advise her of their non-fraternizing policy, but tells her Jordan is a contractor so it doesn't apply to them, so she should go for it!  Hah! However, Lily still tells Jordan she's not that into him and he takes it very well.
  • Billy is at the GCAC working out and Cane cruises by to tell him about his new job that his almost mommy gave him.  They spar about each other's competence and then Billy tells Cane that Lily  has Juliet's old job.
  • Now Hilary is at the GCAC working out and Jordan wants to spot her, and they flirt and he asks her out.
  • Billy fills Vic in on the Ash dinner fiasco, and about Cane.  He's furious about Cane getting the job.  He then says he feels bad about keeping a secret from Phyllis, and Vic says it is just business, not personal, and oh by the way, Phyllis would do the same to you.
  • Lily sees Cane at the GCAC bar and he tells her about his job and she tells him about hers.  And they talk about contributing fifty fifty.  Earlier Cane had called Juliet to check on her and the baby.  Cane was pretty cocky today. 
  • Phyllis heads to BS to talk to Billy, and Vic leaves with a definite frost in the air.  Phyllis talks about Ash and secrets, and Billy says he has something to tell her.

Previews: Hil to Neil:  I have a favour to ask you.  Nick to Phyllis: when are you going to get it, you are too good for this guy.  Prick to Billy:  I want my daughter back in my life, you are very close to her and I think you can persuade her to do so.

• Love 12
On 10/15/2017 at 8:00 PM, Big Blue Plate said:

so is it right that they are backing away from the lesbian storyline due to viewer backlash?  or is this some protracted road to romance?  because if it's reaction to viewer feedback it is interesting to me because suggests they don't do much in terms of focus groups in advance because this thing isn't surely getting backlash that wouldn't have surfaced in research too. 

I smell a rat. This was way more of a thing ten years ago with the P&G shows and their respective gay and lesbian couples, but TV and society has changed a lot since then. And frankly, I'm sick of stories on this show being beholden to the whim of fans anyway. With few exceptions (exceptions being the level of backlash B&B received for Ridge and Bridget, for example), writers should pick a direction and stick with it.

Which reminds me, are they still teasing both Philly and Villy fans? It's been months since I've read this board and even longer since I actually watched the damn show, so I don't know. I also saw, several pages ago, that Juliette had to take a trip to the hospital a few weeks back. Dare I hope that Cane will not sire another Philsbury dough boy into the world?

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I smell a rat. This was way more of a thing ten years ago with the P&G shows and their respective gay and lesbian couples, but TV and society has changed a lot since then. And frankly, I'm sick of stories on this show being beholden to the whim of fans anyway. With few exceptions (exceptions being the level of backlash B&B received for Ridge and Bridget, for example), writers should pick a direction and stick with it.

Which reminds me, are they still teasing both Philly and Villy fans? It's been months since I've read this board and even longer since I actually watched the damn show, so I don't know. I also saw, several pages ago, that Juliette had to take a trip to the hospital a few weeks back. Dare I hope that Cane will not sure another Philsbury dough boy into the world?

I think we are reaching the end of that. Watching the CDN has me suspecting we might be in for some weird Cane/Lily/Billy drama coming. Suddenly their rivalry seems to have been reignited out of nowhere. They were fighting over Jill and snarking over Lily. We had that Lily and Billy awkward hug a few episodes back. 

• Love 5

I think since JT isn’t going anywhere pairing Billy with Lily might be the least horrid option available. 

I hate Lane. Lily is trapped and has been for years. CK is way too young to be stuck in a boring marriage for this long. And Billy vs Cane is a believable rivalry rooted in history. Billy vs Jack is asinine. It’s not actually a rivalry. It’s one brother having to deal with a backstabbing loser asshole. Abbotts don’t conduct themselves this way, in any case. They are tight. Especially Jack and his siblings. Also show wants to keep Jack and Phyllis friends while Billy-Jack hate each other. Doesn’t fly. Not when Phyllis is central to their rift.

Billy can’t be an Abbott in any believable way while schtupping Jack’s longtime love.  IDGAF what stans and GT want. Philly destroys Billy as a character. He wasn’t even part of the recent big Abbott drama. Not in a real way. 

Villy is forced and tired. Phyllis is given a lobotomy to sell Philly. Neither is working. They have swallowed the show for the past two years in some form. Enough already.

I think Lily and Billy vs Cane has some possibilities. Better than the status quo anyways.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

They did this scene cut of it being right after the party and then flashforward to the next morning. 

Right, so I saw the fast forward to the morning after, but Ash et al were still in party clothes.  So do we assume that once they learn that Graham has the POA for Dina, Jack rushes off to a meeting with Mikey, and Ash and Traci abandon their vulnerable mother to the mercenary Graham?  Why would they do that.  It was weird.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, bannana said:

Right, so I saw the fast forward to the morning after, but Ash et al were still in party clothes.  So do we assume that once they learn that Graham has the POA for Dina, Jack rushes off to a meeting with Mikey, and Ash and Traci abandon their vulnerable mother to the mercenary Graham?  Why would they do that.  It was weird.

They said they were there all night. Jack just went to the office to get stuff together and then he went back to the hospital. No one had left or changed. Everyone else did cause it was the next day.

• Love 1
Just now, TwistedSoul7 said:

They said they were there all night. Jack just went to the office to get stuff together and then he went back to the hospital. No one had left or changed. Everyone else did cause it was the next day.

In my recap of that day, they were still there the next morning in party clothes, they had an entire scene where Traci was awoken and Ash said she didn't sleep all night.  So a couple of minutes in that ep they went from night before arriving at hospital to morning at hospital, all in party clothes.  Jack at the office with Glo was in suit from the night before, then yesterday's ep everyone had changed clothes including Graham.  It's not a big deal, just weird that they didn't have a throw away line about someone going to get fresh clothes.  Otherwise we have to assume it is an entire day later.

• Love 4

Today was a boring ep except for the Dina storyline.

• The Abbott kids (sans Billy) spend the entire episode trying to find Dina.  It was a bit hilarious, if it were not so sad, because they realize that Graham has checked Dina out with the okay of the Doc, presumably the day after her stroke.  They rush from the hospital to Dina's room to Graham's room to the airport where Graham has chartered a jet.  The trio are standing behind a chain link fence yelling, mother, mother, we are here, and Graham is twirling his mustache, as Dina sits in a wheelchair looking out of it and forlorn.  It was kind of heartbreaking.  So here is what I don't get.  Dina's room had a big window.  If you thought that a bad guy was going to hurt your mother, and you are staying in that hospital overnight anyways, why would you not stand guard outside that room looking through the window any time that Graham the Grifter is with her.  Stupid Abbott kiddies, you did a bad job of protecting your frail and vulnerable mother.  Step it up and fix it!
  • For some reason, Hil really wants to get back in the good books with Vic.  She appeals to Neil for help, who is not so inclined.  She drops in on Vic and Nick's meal to do the same and Nick encourages Vic to hear out Hil.  WTF?  By the end of the ep, Hil has convinced Vic that she will not betray her and offers to sign a contract for an interview that sets out all the terms.  Not sure why this is so important to Hil, but she seems to suddenly be in a "short term ratings spike does not = long term connections to wealthy people" mode. 
  • Wow, there was an entire storyline/convo between Billy and Phyllis where he says he wants to come clean with her and they talk about honesty and blah blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....and he never tells her a thing.  She is pretty much begging him to tell her something.  He doesn't.  And at the end of that she tells him how much she loves him.  Argh and puke.
  • Prick was on the move today.  He really wants to know what happened at Ash's dinner.  He tries to get it out of Neil, then he calls Ash, who basically says, my mother had a stroke, so no can talk, and then he even tries to get it out of Billy.  He informs Billy about Dina's stroke and has the gall to tell him that he should not go to the hospital to support his sisters.  And idiot Billy agrees.  Then Prick tells Billy he would like his help to persuade Vic to come back to his loving man bosom, and he will make it worth his while.  
  • There was some stuff between Phyllis and Nick at the GCAC gym.  He tells her Billy is not worthy of Vic or Phyllis.
  • Oh, and at that Nick/Vic meeting, they bemoan the state of the Newman family and that they cannot forgive him for killing Adam, but Vic says he has been helpful to her.  Nick says he and Prick made a truce, but you cannot call it peace.  And when Prick is talking to Neil, he says that Neil went against his own children, but Neil says never again.  Prick says he cannot agree that he would put his children over his business interests.  No shit, Sherlock.

Previews:  Cane to Vic in the GCAC: It is obvious that whatever you did wasn't good enough, and she throws a drink in his face.  Mariah to Tessa in the Underpants:  Then I am confused, what is going on with us, Tessa? Mikey to Jack at the Abbott Mansion:  Look Jack, I am trying, and Jack, enraged, interrupts, and says, I mean it, come up with a solution, or I will. 

• Love 16
10 hours ago, bannana said:

Today was a boring ep except for the Dina storyline.

• The Abbott kids (sans Billy) spend the entire episode trying to find Dina.  It was a bit hilarious, if it were not so sad, because they realize that Graham has checked Dina out with the okay of the Doc, presumably the day after her stroke.  They rush from the hospital to Dina's room to Graham's room to the airport where Graham has chartered a jet.  The trio are standing behind a chain link fence yelling, mother, mother, we are here, and Graham is twirling his mustache, as Dina sits in a wheelchair looking out of it and forlorn.  It was kind of heartbreaking.  So here is what I don't get.  Dina's room had a big window.  If you thought that a bad guy was going to hurt your mother, and you are staying in that hospital overnight anyways, why would you not stand guard outside that room looking through the window any time that Graham the Grifter is with her.  Stupid Abbott kiddies, you did a bad job of protecting your frail and vulnerable mother.  Step it up and fix it!
  • For some reason, Hil really wants to get back in the good books with Vic.  She appeals to Neil for help, who is not so inclined.  She drops in on Vic and Nick's meal to do the same and Nick encourages Vic to hear out Hil.  WTF?  By the end of the ep, Hil has convinced Vic that she will not betray her and offers to sign a contract for an interview that sets out all the terms.  Not sure why this is so important to Hil, but she seems to suddenly be in a "short term ratings spike does not = long term connections to wealthy people" mode. 
  • Wow, there was an entire storyline/convo between Billy and Phyllis where he says he wants to come clean with her and they talk about honesty and blah blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....and he never tells her a thing.  She is pretty much begging him to tell her something.  He doesn't.  And at the end of that she tells him how much she loves him.  Argh and puke.
  • Prick was on the move today.  He really wants to know what happened at Ash's dinner.  He tries to get it out of Neil, then he calls Ash, who basically says, my mother had a stroke, so no can talk, and then he even tries to get it out of Billy.  He informs Billy about Dina's stroke and has the gall to tell him that he should not go to the hospital to support his sisters.  And idiot Billy agrees.  Then Prick tells Billy he would like his help to persuade Vic to come back to his loving man bosom, and he will make it worth his while.  
  • There was some stuff between Phyllis and Nick at the GCAC gym.  He tells her Billy is not worthy of Vic or Phyllis.
  • Oh, and at that Nick/Vic meeting, they bemoan the state of the Newman family and that they cannot forgive him for killing Adam, but Vic says he has been helpful to her.  Nick says he and Prick made a truce, but you cannot call it peace.  And when Prick is talking to Neil, he says that Neil went against his own children, but Neil says never again.  Prick says he cannot agree that he would put his children over his business interests.  No shit, Sherlock.

Previews:  Cane to Vic in the GCAC: It is obvious that whatever you did wasn't good enough, and she throws a drink in his face.  Mariah to Tessa in the Underpants:  Then I am confused, what is going on with us, Tessa? Mikey to Jack at the Abbott Mansion:  Look Jack, I am trying, and Jack, enraged, interrupts, and says, I mean it, come up with a solution, or I will. 

This is NOT Phyllis. While, she does have history of being desperate and putting up with crap from men, she's the kind of person that confronts and makes a scene.

Great that show has stopped pretending that Neil was some grande victim of Hevon's treachery. He did plenty wrong. 

• Love 6

When Phyllis saw Shick kiss in Paris she FREAKED out in private. Threw shit around and lost it. Then she pretended all was cool for weeks (I think, maybe days) until Nick realized she’d been in Paris and lied. So he confronted her and it all came out but it was played as Phyllis pretending to be ok but internally whacked out.

But I still agree this is not Phyllis. She’s been way too calm amid *others* knowing how she’s being made a fool of by this lying trash. She wouldn’t tolerate it. Remember her insistence Jack say nothing re Marco? Her reason: She couldn’t stand *people knowing* she was made such a fool. Unless she’s planning to DESTROY Billy and this is the build up her behaviour is bullshit. Not a complicated love, as I suspect Mal is trying to sell.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, bannana said:

For some reason, Hil really wants to get back in the good books with Vic.  She appeals to Neil for help, who is not so inclined.

There was a time that Neil caved to her every "request", because she used her captivity as blackmail.  Why isn't she doing that anymore?  Did she get something in return for dropping it?  Or did Neil confess?  I wasn't watching consistently around that time, so I really don't know what happened.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, miamama said:

When Phyllis saw Shick kiss in Paris she FREAKED out in private. Threw shit around and lost it

i thought when she got her freak on in sharon's suite and cut up all her lingerie was hilarious....she was screeching like a banshee and bouncing on sharon's bed....bsc...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

There was a time that Neil caved to her every "request", because she used her captivity as blackmail.  Why isn't she doing that anymore?  Did she get something in return for dropping it?  Or did Neil confess?  I wasn't watching consistently around that time, so I really don't know what happened.

I don't think anyone outside of the Winters clan knows what Neil did, and I am not sure why she isn't holding it over his head to this day.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, bannana said:

I don't think anyone outside of the Winters clan knows what Neil did, and I am not sure why she isn't holding it over his head to this day.

I think it's because TIIC want to "redeem" Kneel and make him seem like a font of wisdom and good works. It was interesting seeing him interact with Victor today, I remember when they used to be good friends and then Victor fired him for reasons and they didn't speak for years.

• Love 8

Mikey is at the Abbott mansion while Jack is railing about Graham spiriting away Dina, and Mike says Graham was within his rights.  Jack is furious and wants Mikey to come up with a solution.  Mikey doesn't think Graham will hurt Dina.  He is working on revoking the POA.  He tries to reassure Jack.  Phyllis shows up and Mikey leaves.  She tells Jack about BS plans and Vic's interview.   Jack is distracted by his family issues.  He wants Phyllis to lead the charge against BS. 

Vic and Billy are at BS.  Billy seems subdued but he is focussed on work, and Vic knows he is worried about Ash. Some nonsense about how well they know each other.  Vic tells Billy she is going on the HH, and says she is using Hil; Lily walks in and overhears and warns Vic about Hil.  Vic is not worried. Lily suggests they slow down because the rush job Vic wants costs a lot, and Vic rather dismissively tells her they have a strategy and they are not slowing down. Billy wonders whether Lily makes a good point, and the new employee slinks her way out of Vic's office, suddenly realizing she is really just a glorified minion.

New besties Phyllis and Hil are back at the GCAC talking about Hil convincing Vic to be on her show.  Phyllis commends Hil for using Vic without her knowing it.

Noah and Tessa are at the GCAC gym and Tessa is ecstatic because she hears her new EP being played.  Devon shows up and they agree they need to celebrate with dinner at the Underpants.  Mariah hears the EP as well at GC Buzz and looks wistful.  Devon goes to GC Buzz, and Mariah has her suitcase and says she is ready for their trip.  Devon tells her about the change of plans, and they are going to dinner to celebrate first.  Now they are all at the UP and celebrating.  Tessa and Mariah have some awkward convos.  Devon and Noah talk about his relationship with Tessa and how great it is going.  Devon kisses Mariah in front of Tessa and they exchange looks.  Devon gets a call and tells the group that Tessa has a gig in Madison and Milwaukee arranged by Newman!  Tessa is uneasy about him but agrees.  Later Tessa tells Mariah she is happy with Noah, he is the first guy who has treated her well, and Mariah asks is that the reason that she sometimes seemed like she didn't want to be with a man.  Mariah says she is confused and wants to know what is going on between them.  Tessa says she didn't intend to send mixed feelings.  She says the timing is off.  She says she made a commitment to Noah, and he makes her feel happy and loved. She doesn't want to hurt Noah and Mariah says she doesn't want to hurt him either:  Sparing him the pain I am feeling right now is the only thing keeping me from crawling in a hole and staying there.  Tessa tells Mariah to focus on Devon.  They get ready to leave for Chicago, and Tessa hugs Mariah and tells her to be happy and forget everything else.

Cane is with Juliet at TOTT and she bursts into tears when he asks her about her check-up.  She is overwhelmed that he actually cares.  He tells her he got the Chancellor job and she hugs him, and blames that and the  crying on hormones.  Cane tells Juliet that Lily has her old job.

Hil and Lily are sparring at the GCAC gym.  Lily warns her to stick to her word re the Vic interview.  I feel like Show must have gotten a bulk buying discount on workout wear because everyone is sporting chic threads.  Hil wants to know what Vic will do about it if she doesn't play nice.  I thought they were going to actually get into a catfight.  Hil tells Lily that she is back with Jordan, and Lily informs her that she turned Jordan down, so Hil is second choice.

Cane is on the phone with Ben Hochman, and Vic shows up.  She warns him to not come after BS after what he did to her company.  She says something about Ben, and how he had his sights set on her company and she shut him down.  And Cane says, rather creepily:  That was after you had sex with him, and it obviously wasn't good enough, and she throws a drink in his face.  She tells him he has no class.  Cane says he is stating the facts, she fired him for having sex with a co-worker and then she goes and has sex with a prospective business partner.  She says she fired him because of his lies.  He challenges her, saying has she never lied to advance her business career.  And she says nothing.  He says; spare me of your righteous indignation.  Vic says she feels sorry for Jill, swindled by Cane's father and tricked into giving over control of Chancellor to a petty, incompetent snake like him.  Juliet walks in and says, no Victoria, petty is canning someone and using your influence to blackball them out of future employment.  Vic says she seems to be doing fine on the money she extorted from Vic, and Juliet says, are you serious.  Um yeah, Juliet, you did extort her. Vic says she feels sorry for this child having the two of them as parents and she stomps off, and Juliet winces in pain.  Cane decides that Juliet should live  with him, because of her condition!

Billy and Phyllis are now at TOTT, and he talks about how lucky he is to have her.  They do a weird seduction thing, including under the table.  I believe these scenes were supposed to be hot but they just made me laugh. 

Mikey checks in on Jack again, and Jack gets a call from his PI who has been unable to get the flight plan and they really don't where Dina is.

Vic is driving and seems agitated and I guess she hits something because her airbag goes off. 

Previews:  Paul to Sharon and Scott: I have an update on Alice.  Phyllis to Jack on the phone:  Plans have changed, we don't just need to move fast, we need to move now.  Juliet coming down the stairs at the Chancellor house, while Lily and Cane are in the living room.  Juliet is in a robe and says: It will not take me long to get used to living here, and Lily says to Cane, you are living together?

Edited by bannana
  • Love 15