Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, DivaT said:

That would explain the crappy writing Jack is receiving now. Retrograde justification. 

My biggest fear is that somehow Jack and Gloria's.....whatever *they* are will be used as the catalyst for him and Billy to reunite because Gloria being John's widow will somehow make Billy behaviour towards Phyllis better because reasons.

Ugh. Just let Billy get shot at and have the tearful reunion the Newmans always do for Victor.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, DivaT said:

That would explain the crappy writing Jack is receiving now. Retrograde justification. 

I don't know. Unless Sally wants to go Deep Space Nine and mess with the space-time continuum, Billy's actions can't be justified by what Jack does after the fact. 

I think Jack is reacting to the betrayal. Family (specifically, his dad and his siblings - the constant) has been the single most important thing in Jack's life - which PB has stated in interviews for years. Billy's outrageous betrayal shattered that and therefore everything that keeps Jack emotionally intact. Jack is acting out. 

Sally may tease out stories slowly but she and Bill Bell were always clear about character motivations and ensuring these remained consistent.

The arc will see the brothers battle it out and end with them finally addressing whatever it is that had motivated Billy's actions re Jack's wife (jealousy, a need to "beat" Jack, I don't know) and Jack's pain as a result. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, miamama said:

I don't know. Unless Sally wants to go Deep Space Nine and mess with the space-time continuum, Billy's actions can't be justified by what Jack does after the fact. 

I think Jack is reacting to the betrayal. Family (specifically, his dad and his siblings - the constant) has been the single most important thing in Jack's life - which PB has stated in interviews for years. Billy's outrageous betrayal shattered that and therefore everything that keeps Jack emotionally intact. Jack is acting out. 

Sally may tease out stories slowly but she and Bill Bell were always clear about character motivations and ensuring these remained consistent.

The arc will see the brothers battle it out and end with them finally addressing whatever it is that had motivated Billy's actions re Jack's wife (jealousy, a need to "beat" Jack, I don't know) and Jack's pain as a result. 

The end result makes sense. 

But it just seems the low writing for Jack and the high writing for Billy is just a device to get fans to let go of whatever animosity they had for Billy because "Jack is no better". Designed for us to no longer care what Billy did. 

They even have Jack being so bitter that he gives Hilary bad advice. Telling her to fight dirty and use Devon's skeletons to get what she wants in the divorce. 

Cerebrally, we know Billy can't be justified after the fact. But that doesn't stop folks from no longer being on jack's side. Most the audience is easily swayed. 

11 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

My biggest fear is that somehow Jack and Gloria's.....whatever *they* are will be used as the catalyst for him and Billy to reunite because Gloria being John's widow will somehow make Billy behaviour towards Phyllis better because reasons.

Ugh. Just let Billy get shot at and have the tearful reunion the Newmans always do for Victor.

That's what I think it happening. The "Jack is no better" argument. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

They'll have to pry my animosity for Billy out of me with a crowbar. 

Billy: Jack wants revenge 'cause we fucked.

Phyllis: What's wrong with that guy? Isn't he fucking Gloria? Don't stoop to his level, you're better than that.

Billy: Blah blah why doesn't he like us?

Phyllis: I get you better than anyone ever will.

Audience: Jack is terrible.

Myself and @NinjaPenguins: NOT TODAY, SATAN.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Billy: Jack wants revenge 'cause we fucked.

Phyllis: What's wrong with that guy? Isn't he fucking Gloria? Don't stoop to his level, you're better than that.

Billy: Blah blah why doesn't he like us?

Phyllis: I get you better than anyone ever will.

Audience: Jack is terrible.

Myself and @NinjaPenguins: NOT TODAY, SATAN.

Lol

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Jack: You totally screwed my wife you piece of shit!

Billy: Waaahhh! Why you gotta be so mean to me? Waaahh!

THIS is the logic we are supposed to accept and it's why I won't watch until it changes. And if it doesn't....

• Love 11
4 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Phyl tripped and fell on BILLY'S penis?

If that had happened, she wouldn't even have a bruise.  More the "pebble in my shoe" feeling.....

23 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Here's a thought.  Since ButtBiscuit is a drooling moron of a semi-human being, howzabout Dipshit decide to pay brother Jack back for daring to be upset with him by having ButtBiscuit decide to one up Jack and STEAL GLORIA FOR HIMSELF.  It can end with him being kept in a cage suspended from the ceiling while Gloria feeds him live rodents.

Fade

To

Black.

That's a storyline I could really get behind.

• Love 11

Okay, so based on today's CDN, it looks like the Chloe lie re Adam will be exposed. It seemed odd that we were suddenly focussed on Chelz' grief, and next thing you know, Chloe is shit-faced.  So I guess Nick (seriously?) figures out that something happened with Chloe and Adam.  Will he learn that she took him hostage and had him blown up (or kept him hostage somewhere)?  I guess this the Chloe

Spoiler

exit story;  but it opens up about what Prick knew as well.

• Love 5

So I guess Nick (seriously?) figures out that something happened with Chloe and Adam.

Nick?! As in Nick Newman? Not possible.

Seriously, how did this happen? It seemed on yesterday's show that the person who might have said something about Chloe's admission that she "had to take justice into her own hands" was Scott. Since I haven't seen this episode yet, you mentioned she gets snockered, so is it that Kevin had to pour Chloe into the PH after her little spree at the UG and she blurts out something to Nick? And when is EH actually departing? Since we know from spoilers that Kevin proposes and Chloe accepts and there were photos posted that showed an aborted wedding (which were posted either last week or the week prior), this would seemingly mean that those scenes won't be upcoming for another 3 or 4 weeks. So this leads me to think that she can't be outed yet - and may never be outed at all, because the timing for her Tourette's confession doesn't seem to work within the constraints at play here.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Maybe she blurts something out to Chelzz who then repeats it to Dick who then reinterprets it and comes to some kind of accidentally correct conclusion?

Is it just me, or is anyone else snoring into their pillow at the prospect?

BTW, because the last few days have been storyline Sargasso Sea for me, I found that the gasp of horror I emitted upon seeing Nikki's staggeringly vile green dress woke me right up.

• Love 6

After seeing Amelia today there is no doubt in my mind anyway she has an eating disorder or the effects of the split are taking a toll on her eating...she is all bone and her face looks unhealthy and gaunt.

Both Mariah and Hillary are looking great with hair and makeup these days!  MTS does herself no favours wearing anything that shows off boobs!  

They are closing the Chloe storyline quickly for a change, yay, she will be gone soon and we will have some closure on Adam I hope too!  Is he alive or dead?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, miamama said:

Yeah Amelia is disturbingly thin. She's already tiny so if stress is adding to it, yikes. Poor thing. 

When my hubby left I went from 130# to 91#.  Friends were following me around with tuna sandwiches and lasagna.  Stranger still, I was eating lots of food, but the stress metabolized it in seconds.  After the divorce, I gained back the weight and my sanity.  I did offer my ex to anyone who wanted to lose a few pounds.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, MollyB said:

When my hubby left I went from 130# to 91#.  Friends were following me around with tuna sandwiches and lasagna.  Stranger still, I was eating lots of food, but the stress metabolized it in seconds.  After the divorce, I gained back the weight and my sanity.  I did offer my ex to anyone who wanted to lose a few pounds.

I enjoyed that phenomenon myself. And the opportunity, when divorcing someone, to answer the question "Have you lost weight?" with "Yes, 190 pounds, thanks."

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, pearlite said:

I enjoyed that phenomenon myself. And the opportunity, when divorcing someone, to answer the question "Have you lost weight?" with "Yes, 190 pounds, thanks."

LOVE THIS!!!!!

• Love 6

My friend is a nursery school teacher and she was going through a really bad divorce.  She was reading the kids a book about nightmares in bed.  One of the kids asked "Miss Carolyn have you ever had a nightmare in your bed?  She replied "I used to have a nightmare in my bed but I divorced it.".  

• Love 13

Sorry to break it up here ( coz the ex stuff is hilarious ) but what the hell sweater is Nikki wearing. It's much too revealing for a woman of her age especially around her teenage grandson. ?

Speaking of which, Eileen Davidson is in possession of what I will euphemistically refer to as a pair of low hangers.  After today's show, memo to wardrobe:  the scripts may date back to 1987 but Nikki and Ashley have the bodies of 2017 year olds.    Plus it's not fair on Tracey Bregman that after years she's finally being challenged for most inappropriately dressed woman of a certain age.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

And then the murders began...

Hahaha!!!!!!!  

And we have today's interwebnet winner!  Ab Fab, Peacheslatour!!!!

Edited by boes
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

but what the hell sweater is Nikki wearing

I gotta hand it to JM for his poker face.  All I could do is watch to see all those straps go pop-zing, kind of like when you overtighten guitar strings (in cartoons),

20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

And then the murders began...

the fact that my ex died two years after the divorce is purely coincidental.

• Love 9
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:22 PM, peacheslatour said:

AHA! That's why Victoria is so skinny! Everyone knows cocaine is an appetite suppressant. That's also why Buttbiscuit can never know, what with having nostrils like a giant shop vac, there'd be no tootskie left for anyone else!

Wasn't there some kind of rumor that made the rounds early on when AH first was cast in the role of Victoria that she had some kind of drug issue and that was the reason she was written out of whatever soap she had been on previously? I came across that on the old TVwOP several years ago.

I just got a gander at the red(?) dress Ashley wore to the office. To work. Around her employees. Ye Gads. What in the world are these wardrobe people thinking? Nikki's green boob dress and now Ashley's. Why don't these actresses just say NO. They're unflattering and unprofessional and poorly fitted on them. It's so bad that it actually makes me laugh out loud. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I just got a gander at the red(?) dress Ashley wore to the office. To work. Around her employees. Ye Gads. What in the world are these wardrobe people thinking? Nikki's green boob dress and now Ashley's. Why don't these actresses just say NO. They're unflattering and unprofessional and poorly fitted on them. It's so bad that it actually makes me laugh out loud. 

She looked utterly unprofessional. 

• Love 8

I'm so confused how this show's bread-and-butter are corporate stories but they don't dress anywhere close to work appropriate. Compared with the ladies of Oakdale on ATWT who for the most part were dressed very classy. Even Emily Stewart who actually *was* a hooker for a while didn't have her twins bursting out on the job like Lauren and Ashley do on a regular basis.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

She looked utterly unprofessional.

I've watched shows like Bones and Scandal and can't for the life of me figure out how women, who are professional (doctors and lawyers and such) can move around in their skin tight revealing dresses and six inch fuckme shoes.  It's more fake than Wrestling.  And Assley shaming "jackie" =shudder= for being unproffessional?!??  Get a mirror, gurl....

• Love 12

Let them wear some of Chelsea's designs.  Or, Lauren could do another crossover with B&B and let Ridge whip up something for her.  Anything would look better than these outlandish get ups.

• Love 5

The only thing I am interested in is Chloe being outed as a kidnapper and murderer.

I wonder of Pricktor will detail for Scott all of the crimes he committed against Jack et al. 

Why did Scott say he  co-wrote a  book with the psycho who kidnapped him as a baby?  He wrote a book with Sheila?

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, bannana said:

The only thing I am interested in is Chloe being outed as a kidnapper and murderer.

I wonder of Pricktor will detail for Scott all of the crimes he committed against Jack et al. 

Why did Scott say he  co-wrote a  book with the psycho who kidnapped him as a baby?  He wrote a book with Sheila?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotty_Grainger

Answering my own question.  I completely forgot about this storyline.

• Love 3

Liking the vibe between Sharon and Scott. **existing stage left immediately**

(small voice) me too.

I can see they are chem testing Scott with several of the women on the show and I'm actually glad of that. With the last few writers they'd bring on a character and already be set on who they'd be paired with come hell or high water or crashingly bad non-chemistry. I like Scott with Sharon and would love to see a slow-build relationship with them, especially because I want her to stay far, far from Nick. But I'm okay with their testing him with other actresses as well. I truly do not want Phyllis to be the one they go with, please, please, no. Other then her...okay.

• Love 12

God, Chelsea is dumb. "Oh, Chloe and I are best friends! We watch each other's children! We sit and drink wine and watch movies! I would know if she'd been involved in Adam's death!" Yeah, like you knew who Gabriel Bingham really was, you ninny?

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

God, Chelsea is dumb. "Oh, Chloe and I are best friends! We watch each other's children! We sit and drink wine and watch movies! I would know if she'd been involved in Adam's death!" Yeah, like you knew who Gabriel Bingham really was, you ninny?

Yeah she's just great at reading people. Who knew that Dullen was gonna go all PTSD on Connor and kidnap him. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

"So, your mom is Ashley Abbott?"

Yeah, she was in a baby switch storyline kind of like you and your mom were. Your bestie Sharon was the other mom. 

Is he going to interview Jack and Phyllis? "Mr. Newman is paying me a lot of money. Marco wasn't THAT bad, was he?"

• Love 5
On 3/29/2017 at 9:07 AM, PatsyandEddie said:

Liking the vibe between Sharon and Scott. **existing stage left immediately**

Me too. I like that he is NOT a Newman and seems to like her. He reminds me kind of like Dylan in the respect that they just befriended her and saw her without judgement first. He is aware of who she is and her baggage and doesn't care. I think Scott will be good for her (like Dylan was). Also it gives her a new group to interact with. She has never been in the Baldwin circle like that and I am sure Lauren will NOT approve.

• Love 13