Type keyword(s) to search

THE VIEW": WEEK OF 11/12/2018

buffynut
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Megan needed that wine purse for the dry wedding she attended.  Does she know what a dry wedding is ?  Can she not enjoy herself for one dinner without a drink?

The way she talks about drinking I'm going to say the answer is no.

• Love 11

NutMeg just said she is straight shooter.  A fact that squirrels in her neighborhood know all to well.  But, apart from shooting I think she is rarely a straight shooter because she loves to do her sneak attacks (which almost always fail) while interviewing guests.

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Megan needed that wine purse for the dry wedding she attended.  Does she know what a dry wedding is ?

She knows...OH, SHE KNOWS!   Rules and special requests aren't made for tough chicks like her...even if a "dry wedding" is to adhere to a religious tenet.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, fatewemake said:

NutMeg just said she is straight shooter.

She also claims she doesn't surround herself with "yes men." Funny - the way she throws a fit when anyone with different political views voices their opinions, you'd think otherwise.

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Megan needed that wine purse for the dry wedding she attended.  Does she know what a dry wedding is ?  Can she not enjoy herself for one dinner without a drink?

Yes, Meghan's definition of a dry wedding is "a wedding you sneak alcohol into so you don't go into alcohol withdrawal convulsions".

• Love 13
Just now, rickhurst3186 said:

OMG! Megs laugh/giggle is driving me insane today!! What's going on with her?

I can’t stand that valley girl accent of hers!  She has been around for a long time, I’ve seen her on a lot of shows.  There was even a clip of her on the Bill Maher Anniversary show (where she totally got schooled) and she did not talk with that accent.  WTH??  And she just mentioned, in case you didn’t know- Jon McCain was her dad!!

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

? Joy asking Meghan why she didn't join the military,  oh that was hilarious. 

Silly Joy. Meghan is in politics duh,  How would she be able to be on TV living in mid town Manhattan if she joined the military. 

Plus Meghan doesn't have the muscular strength needed when you join the military.  The only strong muscle she has is her jaw and that's because she yaps nearly nonstop.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Joy asking Meghan why she didn't join the military,  oh that was hilarious. 

I feel like Joy was throwing shade when she said "everyone except you" to Meghan, LOL. Plus, she had a bigggg smile on her face while saying it. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I feel like Joy was throwing shade when she said "everyone except you" to Meghan, LOL. Plus, she had a bigggg smile on her face while saying it. 

Absolutely! The shade! ?? that's why I laughed so hard. Makes me think Joy is of the same mindset as most of us. 

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, Haleth said:

But according to Abby, Meghan serves in her own way. ?

Oh, the sacrifices!

Omg- I gave up on this show by then- Abby actually said Meghan serves in her own way?   Was she joking?  If not then she is dumber than I give her credit for

• Love 11

I don't watch any of the Hot Topics segments, all the panelists have huge issues (vocabulary, prudery, inability to make a point, just to name three) and rarely illuminate any subject.  I DVR everyday and if there's a cool guest, like today, I'll watch the interview.

I saw Troye Sivan in Boy Erased, I know he's a pop star, but I'm not familiar with his music.  I do know he's a delightful talk show guest, he's well-spoken, humble, compassionate and smart.  I wish the idiots on the panel would take notice.

• Love 9

Maybe Meghan serves the country through home decor?  What with her wallpapering her house with The Constitution and such?  Remember when Elisabeth used to serve by running marathons while carrying the flag?  Hey, we all make sacrifices. 

• Love 23
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I have nothing but my own eyes to back this up, but her current show is awful.....maybe they're getting ready to cancel it and bringing in Sarah is a way to 1) straighten up MM, 2) get us ready for boring Abby to go. 

I don't think Sarah's husband, family, or therapist would agree to have Sara back on "The View" is Meghan is still there.  Anyone?  Bueller?

• Love 7

I've been following Troye Sivan on Youtube since he was about 15 years old, when he was mostly just vlogging.  He was a friend of other people I was following, and they did a lot of collaborating together, so that's when I started following him. When he was 18, he came out, and that video was huge.  Since then he's become an international music superstar.  When he was young, he played young Wolverine in the Wolverine movie, but this new movie is his big acting role.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

SimonMom....welcome aboard to our daily snark site about The Rich Bitch Meghan. She has many names, MM, Elisa, RBM, you'll get use to them. Enjoy! We welcome you to gather with us in our mutual hate of that stupid Blond.

I will never get used to RBM, because I see the "RB" and my brain wants to complete it as "RBG" (i.e. Ruth Bader Ginsburg), who is awesome, while the RB in question is not.

17 hours ago, springtime said:

Was Whoopi's age mentioned? I'm about ready to drop 6 years off my age too!

While 1955 is recognized as the year Whoopi was born.  There is conflicting information online.

WHOOPI GOLDBERG, who was born in New York City in 1949

I don't think that article you cited is correct for a couple of reasons. First of all, Whoopi's never been a leading lady who took on romantic roles -- no need to youthen her up. Secondly, that she was a teen mom is a big part of her story. Her daughter was born in '73. Had Whoopi been born in '49, she would have been far from a teen mom by then, and while that doesn't mean she didn't lie about her age, why would she also fake up a "I was a teen mom" biography, which would surely bite her in the ass. I think that paper made an error. 

I can't even watch this show lately. I mean, I had it on. I liked the young actor from Boy Erased (and think he was bracing for the worst and ended up relieved at the point of Abby's comments about "conversion therapy"), but nothing stuck with me, except the abiding feeling that this show would be so much better without Meghan. 

Seeing Sara pop in at the end of yesterday's episode just made me miss her. 

• Love 10

Ohhhhhhhhh and by the bye....RBM couldn't pass basic training, or pass the physical, she's toooooooo oinky to join the military. Whaaaaaaa. Okay my curiosity is up, I've gotta turn today's episode on to see Joy throw some real New York shade!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, fatewemake said:

Plus Meghan doesn't have the muscular strength needed when you join the military.  The only strong muscle she has is her jaw and that's because she yaps nearly nonstop.

I'd think her drinking arm is in pretty good shape also.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

They should've given the Melania topic way more attention IMO. 

I am glad that they didn't discuss Melania more.  I remember Megan becoming hysterical  because she felt that the panel was being too mean to her. She pouted, shrieked and made baseless accusations against the other ladies. I didn't need a replay of that.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

Meghan's laugh is so fake, and that dress she had on yesterday was so crazy weird.  She really needs to find a mirror somewhere.  They must make sure she doesn't get a chance to check out her appearance.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I can't tell if that's Whoopi's makeup or his on that blonde kids sweater. 

Definitely Whoopi's. His sweater was clean as he walked out, dirty after he hugged Whoopi. But she don't wear at no makeup, y'all! (I really don't think she's ever said that, but it seems like something she'd say.)

6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Oh, yes, she was!

You love the military so much, why don't you join it, Meghan!

4 hours ago, General Days said:

I will never get used to RBM, because I see the "RB" and my brain wants to complete it as "RBG" (i.e. Ruth Ginsburg

My mind always goes to Resting Bitch, as in resting bitch face

• Love 5

I actually enjoyed today's show. Very little crosstalk, no Meghanmonologue. She had to have been spoken to about being insanely rude and hogging the table; there's been a huge change the past couple days. I didn't feel like I was watching Meghan McCain's View today, and I haven't been able to say that in a while.

I'd love to meet her brother Jimmy, the "fun one."

Abby said her name today, and she said normally, rhymes with Tabby, not Ahhbee. I don't know why the show's announcer says it so weirdly.

And, sucking one's thumb until 13? I've never heard of that. Is it relatively common?

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I remember Megan becoming hysterical  because she felt that the panel was being too mean to her. [Melania]

She went bonkers when Joy said, "Happy Birthday, Melania." Totally nuts to see that happen. But then, she later said, after the "I don't care, do you" jacket, that she was finished defending Melania, that the jacket's message was so inappropriate that she could no longer defend FLOTUS.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm confused? Can you explain what this means?

Not sure which you would like explained so I'll do both: 

5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Idon't think Sarah's husband, family, or therapist would agree to have Sara back on "The View" is Meghan is still there.  Anyone?  Bueller?

CoffeeWineWater is saying she doesn't think anyone in Sara's circle would allow her back on the View with Meghan there. (I lol'ed at the therapist reference) ?

The Bueller part is a reference to the teacher in the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". The teacher, played by Ben Stein, does roll call and keeps saying "Bueller...", but Bueller is not there. 

Bueller

Expression used to convey waiting for a response when there is none.

Does anyone want to go to the movies? Bueller? Bueller?

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Bueller

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Stacee said:

Not sure which you would like explained so I'll do both: 

CoffeeWineWater is saying she doesn't think anyone in Sara's circle would allow her back on the View with Meghan there. (I lol'ed at the therapist reference) ?

The Bueller part is a reference to the teacher in the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". The teacher, played by Ben Stein, does roll call and keeps saying "Bueller...", but Bueller is not there. 

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Bueller

? I understand Bueller .

I just didn't understand where  Sara's family came into it. Maybe I dont understand the "joke" of Sara's family not allowing her back on the show if Meghan was there. ?

It's ok, I dont need to understand everything ?

The original post wasn't mine. My name is in the quote box in your post but that wasn't me.

I'm  the confused box?

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I don't think Sarah's husband, family, or therapist would agree to have Sara back on "The View" is Meghan is still there.  Anyone?  Bueller?

49 minutes ago, Stacee said:
6 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Idon't think Sarah's husband, family, or therapist would agree to have Sara back on "The View" is Meghan is still there.  Anyone?  Bueller?

Actually that was my Bueller stuff was my quote...but Stacee's explanation is correct.  I meant to answer the question, but I had a doctor's appointment+errands, so I was gone for several hours.  (There's a trick to providing the quote within a quote.)

16 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I, for one, think Sara is easy-going and just let's meghanspeak slide off her shoulders.

Sara has told us that she has a therapist...that's probably what helps let things appear to slide off her shoulders.  Several of us think her new job was a way for ABC to keep her.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

? Joy asking Meghan why she didn't join the military,  oh that was hilarious.

If Meghan's military brothers were watching, they probably cracked up at that one.  Could Meghan have passed the physical?

• Love 8
9 hours ago, fatewemake said:

She would have the muscular strength after basic training. And the nonstop yapping,the drill sergeant would correct that in no time. Yeah. I'm kind of liking the idea of Meghan in the military. She still has time to do it.

• Love 1

IMO the show is in damage control after MM last week. It sure is tamer and I think hot topics are lukewarm and practically nonpolitical in order to appease RBM tantrums. There are so many things that have happened that are not discussed. Hopefully the next two days will explore them since MM will be gone.

• Love 13