Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E10: Week 8: Semi-Finals

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, spanana said:

I also feel like his supporters have bought into his chip on the shoulder philosophy so they just think he is continually being wronged by the show and so his attitude is justified. I also think a lot of his things, like what he said on the radio today, was framed as a joke.  Though I doubt the man was really joking.  So his fans would say it’s a joke.  Which is exactly what Sharna said when responding to a fan who brought it up to her. Sharna’s response was basically learn how to take a joke.

Sharna is an enabler.  She encourages Bobby's behavior with comments like that and it seems like every season both she and her partner have issues with their scores, even when she doesn't choreograph the right dance *cough* Bobby's Argentine Tango *cough*.  Both Sharna and Bobby have been coming off very entitled, their faces when Len gave the team dance a 9 were something to behold.  Nothing is ever good enough for them.  

• Love 4
22 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I haven't watched DWT all season long. Too many things happening right now and too many other shows filling up my dvr….LOL! 

I did happen to tune in yesterday's show just in time for the eliminations. This Juan Pablo everyone keeps talking about was the front runner I take it? The issue I had was not with America but with the judges and Erin Andrews. They were wrong to react the way they did. They shouldn't have no part in giving their opinions about a couple or contestant. What about the other couple that made it, whether or not they weren't better than JP, that couple should be happy and have their "moment". But they couldn't because all the judges and Erin Andrews kept saying "No, no, this is wrong"! TPTB have to know how America votes. The viewers aren't pros. We vote according to our own guidelines and rules. That's the way it goes. It's frustrating, but that's the way America votes. Like I said earlier, I didn't watch the show this season so I don't know why a so called favorite would be eliminated. Maybe something JP said or did turned off viewers? Maybe it was Cheryl? Who knows? But it's certainly wrong for the judges and Erin Andrews to basically call out the last couple that made it through and basically let them know they shouldn't be in the finals. 

The studio audience, judges and hosts normally act stunned and regretful when one of the best celebs is voted off.  This isn't a first and probably won't be the last.  I doubt if Cheryl or JP did anything except to make the viewers think that they are so good that there's no need to vote for them.  I think voter-complacency doomed them.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, spanana said:

I agree I don't think the audience was reacting badly to Alexis not being eliminated.  They were reacting to JP being eliminated.  Those are not one and the same.  If anything, it was the idiot on the stage behind them that will get most of the brunt of angry DWTS fans and etc. since he is the one standing safely despite minimal talents.

Glad to see that at least we don't have both Bobby AND Joe in the finals.  I'm also not sure tonight reflected too well on Jenna.  Joe did nothing in his contemporary besides some lifts and stand there while Jenna used him as a jungle gym, then she got somewhat indignant about it when it was pointed out by the judges...then Joe had his best dance (arguably) after a Carrie Anne coaching session? 

JP being gone is a travesty but I can't say I'm surprised.  The only thing I'm surprised about is that Alexis got more votes than JP.  At least one of Bobby and Joe being in the finals was unfortunately inevitable. 

I did think Milo was a lock for the win but after not having an amazing night, coupled by Evanna peaking at the right time and the insane-ness that is Bobby's fanbase...I'm not sure anymore what is going to happen.  Even more so since there will be very limited voting based on the freestyles so I'm not sure how much that matters.  Last night mattered more.  Alexis has no shot.  I'm calling a 4th place exit for her.

Well, I wasn't referring to the audience's reactions. I was referring to the judges and Erin Andrews' reactions and their comments! The audience is not connected to show directly. Which ever couple these reactions and comments were directed to, I thought it was still in bad taste. It is not the fault of the celeb who doesn't dance good that they're staying on. I've only missed three seasons of DWTS, but the other seasons I've watched there is always a "shocking" elimination. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was scripted all the way down to who wins.

14 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Just like the Jenna/Val shippers, Sharna's supporters are just as responsible for keeping Bobby around. Maybe more so since she's never won.

As much as Im sure Sharna would love to win finally, I dont even think she wants to win with someone like Bobby. Im sure its still blowing her mind they r still in the competition and if she so happen to win with him, I dont think that win be satisfied for her. I think she will want another win that was earned and worthy not just built on popularity.

30 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

I've only missed three seasons of DWTS, but the other seasons I've watched there is always a "shocking" elimination.

And for every shocking elimination, there is always the same reactions from the judges and the hosts.

• Love 2

I usually don't watch very closely, but at the end of the dance with Gleb and Emma and other two, my first thought (knowing that both couples normally do the same thing), was that Gleb had "lost his balance," causing Emma to fall over.  Then he decided to try to make it look like he did it on purpose.  But from there, it appeared obvious that it was a camera-hog ploy.

Don't know the guy's work all that well (hadn't watch DWTS for years), but I'm beginning to dislike him as much as others here seem to.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, vdw84 said:

As much as Im sure Sharna would love to win finally, I dont even think she wants to win with someone like Bobby. Im sure its still blowing her mind they r still in the competition and if she so happen to win with him, I dont think that win be satisfied for her. I think she will want another win that was earned and worthy not just built on popularity.

I'm not sure.  She's been getting as defensive as Bobby on social media.   Mind you I get needing to support your partner to a degree, but as somebody else said, she's at the point where she's enabling him.  When DWTS watchers have tried to point out some of Bobby's behavior, she defends it as a joke or talks about how the show is about the journey and Bobby has had the biggest journey blah blah.  She might have deleted her response tweet to someone about Bobby's comments re: JP though.  The learn how to take a joke tweet.  But she's pretty obnoxious herself as she seems to be feeding off Bobby's energy.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, spanana said:

I'm not sure.  She's been getting as defensive as Bobby on social media.   Mind you I get needing to support your partner to a degree, but as somebody else said, she's at the point where she's enabling him.  When DWTS watchers have tried to point out some of Bobby's behavior, she defends it as a joke or talks about how the show is about the journey and Bobby has had the biggest journey blah blah.  She might have deleted her response tweet to someone about Bobby's comments re: JP though.  The learn how to take a joke tweet.

I think the longer Bobby lasts, the more pissed Sharna gets about never winning. If he had been eliminated weeks ago like he should have she would have considered that the expected outcome, but now shes emboldened by his cult of fans. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Maya S said:

Sharna is an enabler.  She encourages Bobby's behavior with comments like that and it seems like every season both she and her partner have issues with their scores, even when she doesn't choreograph the right dance *cough* Bobby's Argentine Tango *cough*.  Both Sharna and Bobby have been coming off very entitled, their faces when Len gave the team dance a 9 were something to behold.  Nothing is ever good enough for them.  

This is why I don't really like her. From her defending the shady behavior of Nick and Bonner, and now Bobby, she lost my respect a long time ago. The pros don't always need to defend their partners. Sometimes, it's better just to do the smart thing and STFU.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, spanana said:

I'm not sure.  She's been getting as defensive as Bobby on social media.   Mind you I get needing to support your partner to a degree, but as somebody else said, she's at the point where she's enabling him.  When DWTS watchers have tried to point out some of Bobby's behavior, she defends it as a joke or talks about how the show is about the journey and Bobby has had the biggest journey blah blah.  She might have deleted her response tweet to someone about Bobby's comments re: JP though.  The learn how to take a joke tweet.  But she's pretty obnoxious herself as she seems to be feeding off Bobby's energy.

Yes.  I remember somebody posted a copy of her tweet response complaining about their AT scores.  Somebody said that it didn't really have AT content and that's why their scores were low.  She responded by saying that 80-90% (don't remember the exact percentage but it was high) was AT.  I thought it looked more like contemporary but whatever.  As a pro, she should know that Bobby has terrible technique and shouldn't agree with him when it comes to scores.  They didn't seem to mind that he got a lot of pimping during Country night.

Agree with a lot of responses.  Gleb is a douche.  When I saw the show on Monday, I couldn't believe he did that to Emma.  She looked uncomfortable and she could have gotten hurt.  He should get fired for doing that.  I remember watching a news story where a mascot was fired since he picked up a cheerleader and started crazy dancing/humping her.  They ended up on the ground just like Gleb and Emma did.  The cheerleader said she was embarrassed and she did get hurt.  If Nikki lasted longer, I have no doubt that Gleb would have choreographed a whole bunch of sexed up numbers with her.

Evanna and JP had the best night.  I was rooting for Milo to win.  But now, I'm rooting for either Milo or Evanna.   She and Keo have improved so much.  She went from a 5 from Len to 10s.  Keo had a journey too.  He made me tear up when he got teary over being in the semi-finals.  He's had a lot of first/second boots.  The only two good dancers that he's had were Jodi and now Evanna.  So it would be nice if he received a mirror ball.

JP's AT was just amazing.  Chery.l and JP had great sexual tension in that dance.  Everything was great from choreography to his technique.  CAI's criticism of JP needing to loosen his upper body is one of the reasons why he looks so good when he does Standard.  He has such a nice frame.  Although, I get her critique for Latin.

Poor Milo/Witney had to do an AT on the same night.  I think they would have had higher scores for their AT if it was on a different night.  It was good but you can't choreograph a sexy AT with a 17 year old.  Milo's cha cha was off too.  This wasn't his best night.  I think he was so worried about expanding his chest that it threw him off.  Normally, Milo copes pretty well with the height difference.  But I think by expanding his chest, he was trying to be tall but then he had to think about not being too tall for Witney.  And other things were going through his head because I could see it in his dancing.  That being said, it's not like Milo was terrible.  He's still a great dancer.   I do think that Witney will choreograph an awesome freestyle for them.  It will be fun and upbeat like his Charleston.

Bobby was not good.  I think Sharna was trying to cover him up in the salsa.  You couldn't see their lower bodies because of people's heads.  The female pros and Sharna were trying to cover him when you could see him a little.  But there was a section where Sharna and Bobby were facing each other and you could see him.  There was no hip action.  There was pelvic thrusting which is just NO!!  Then he had to rip his shirt and show Len's head in the second number.  Again, Sharna didn't know about it which I think is so disrespectful just like when he started flossing.   I really hope he doesn't win because I do think he's popular. 

Alexia's waltz was beautiful.  Her jive was interesting and overscored.  At least, we got to see Brandon's personality.  My daughters said that he's funny and it was nice to see that side of him on the show.  I agree that they need to do a little intro on the new pros so that the audience gets to know them better. 

Sorry that JP was gone especially with his parents being there.  It should have been Bobby.  At least, Joe's not there anymore.  His quickstep was an improvement. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

And for every shocking elimination, there is always the same reactions from the judges and the hosts.

I agree. There always is and I think it's in bad taste. This does happen in all the reality shows. Which leads me to believe that these shows are scripted more than we think. Even the outcome are probably somehow known before hand. Just my opinion.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, realdancemom said:

P's AT was just amazing.  Chery.l and JP had great sexual tension in that dance.  Everything was great from choreography to his technique.  CAI's criticism of JP needing to loosen his upper body is one of the reasons why he looks so good when he does Standard.  He has such a nice frame.  Although, I get her critique for Latin.

I think JP is better than the male pros at AT.  The male pros have too much ballroom in their movement.   JP was so much more organic.  Really good. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Dancelove said:

Saw JP's Argentine Tango on Youtube.  I would pay to see that at a Tango show.   But then I like dancing.   The people who watch this show must hate it. 

The night of his and Cheryl's salsa my husband kept coming in and out of the room while I had DWTS on..when he walked in at nearly the beginning of their dance he asked who the celebrity was and who was the pro, he was THAT good. I think people who truly love dancing and understand how complex it could be could have at least appreciated him even if he wasnt their fave, hence how many pro's and former contestants have been voicing how angry they are on his and Cheryl's twitter/instagram.

I wouldn't be shocked if he got some dance related opportunities now.

• Love 5
On 11/13/2018 at 1:45 PM, Vickig said:

I have a thought about the dancing with the stars results last night. I believe what happen when Cheryl and Juan Pablo got voted off is because everyone assumed that they were going to win the entire contest. So they begin to cast votes for other couples that probably might not have otherwise had a chance to move on. I think a good idea for the dancing with the stars show would be to have a save that the three judges would have to unanimously agree upon and they can only use it one time in the season. If they could have implemented that last night  Cheryl and Juan  Pablo would not have been eliminated. Just a thought.

Honestly, I don't think JP could have won this show. Not only was he not well-known enough, he didn't have that "arc" that viewers look for - if not an improvement arc, at least an emotional journey, an injury, etc. There was nothing. He just came out and danced well each week but that's not memorable enough. And I'm not a huge fan of Cheryl, so maybe that affected my perception, but some of their dances (like the Gaston one) just did not click for me and even seemed a little weird and "off" even though they were a high difficulty level. 

On 11/13/2018 at 5:07 PM, saber5055 said:

I guess people have differing definitions of entertainment. I find what people are calling his enthusiasm to be put on,  obnoxious and self serving. And now after reading here about what he's been saying today, he can't be gone soon enough for me.

I am really disappointed in Bobby. I read his book (fail, repeat, etc) this past summer and while some of the humor was childish, I liked his strong work ethic and rags-to-riches story. I have no idea why he keeps bashing other dancers on social media. He does not need to do that in order to succeed on this show - he has a ginormous fan base because of his radio show that would have voted him through no matter what. 

• Love 9

Bobby Bones has been a PITA since week 1. I don't like his personality or so-called humor. At first I was sure that Sharna didn't like him either. Now I don't know.  She is very defensive of Bobby and his attitude. Is she kissing his ass because he got her an appearance on CMA? Talk about standing out like a sore thumb. Sharna in there with a bunch of yee-haw men and women. LOL!

Bobby is whipping up  his crowd on the radio. He is getting them prepared to vote their fingers off in order to get that trophy. I am thinking that the judges will low score him so that he won't win.  Who knows if that will be successful.  This whole  show season has been one huge Bobby clusterfuk.

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tasha Brand said:

Oh?  This I've got to hear.  What did Carter and Bolton do?

Nick Carter was accused of sexual assault by an ex-girlfriend after the show, and Sharna defended him because he was nice to her on the show. Wow, she knew him for 3 months and discredited someone who dated him? I don't know if he was guilty or not, but she should have shut it.

As for Bonner Bolton, he grabbed her private parts on TV and she piped up about what a great guy he was and condemned all the outrage.  

I guess it's unfair to put Bones in the same category as those two, but he's still an ass.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

Bobby Bones has been a PITA since week 1. I don't like his personality or so-called humor. At first I was sure that Sharna didn't like him either. Now I don't know.  She is very defensive of Bobby and his attitude. Is she kissing his ass because he got her an appearance on CMA? Talk about standing out like a sore thumb. Sharna in there with a bunch of yee-haw men and women. LOL!

Bobby is whipping up  his crowd on the radio. He is getting them prepared to vote their fingers off in order to get that trophy. I am thinking that the judges will low score him so that he won't win.  Who knows if that will be successful.  This whole  show season has been one huge Bobby clusterfuk.

Heard a radio ad for a viewing party for the finale in support of Bobby on my local radio station this morning. In Massachusetts. Seems like the parent media company for the stations his show airs on is going all out to get him the win. I wonder if he might just be able to pull off the win. Ugh. 

• Love 6

Oh, yes...BB is getting massive help from iHeart Radio, etc....and they have many stations, and all seem to be falling in line to force this win.  I really don't understand why.  Do they believe that manipulating a win to get that tacky trophy well bring in new fans to his show?  

There is a side to Bobby that seems decent...he does like introducing new talent and helping them with their careers.  However, I've often suspected it's part of a "kingmaker complex"....more about boosting his own ego than genuinely wanting to help new performers.

I have to admit that I voted for David Ross....but not to the point that I felt he should actually win the trophy.  He's a great guy, and worked hard...but he never truly learned to dance.  What I liked most about David was the fact that he knew his limitations...and was gracious to the other contestants.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

She actually was unhappy when Simone Biles was eliminated three seasons ago.  Vivica A. Fox's elimination shocked the hell out of her, too.

Yeah, I remember her having scripted shock look on her face with simone biles got eliminated but did she go on a rant on instagram live about it afterward? I truly dont even understand why any of the judges had a shock look when simone got voted off, they literally pushed that girl to her breaking point with their stupid comments about her smiling too much or not smiling enough but yet they got a girl this season (alexis) that cant stop smiling to save her ass but they hardly say anything.

43 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Nick Carter was accused of sexual assault by an ex-girlfriend after the show, and Sharna defended him because he was nice to her on the show. Wow, she knew him for 3 months and discredited someone who dated him? I don't know if he was guilty or not, but she should have shut it.

As for Bonner Bolton, he grabbed her private parts on TV and she piped up about what a great guy he was and condemned all the outrage.  

I guess it's unfair to put Bones in the same category as those two, but he's still an ass.

In all fairness, I think Sharna is just trying to keep the piece when she has messy partners as do alot of the pros. I think she knows her partners are already getting attacked, so to not add more fuel to the fire she tries to calm the drama and just defend them even if she feels they r warrant the abuse. Now, as far as the nick thing, she should have stayed out of it and defended him privately or from afar. Just because he may have treated u well doesnt mean he has a history of treating everyone like that. She came off delusional and kinda self serving because it was like just because he was respecful of her, its noway he would have done that to another woman, like she is some prize.

• Love 1

It makes you wonder why Bobby is so hell bent on winning this stupid trophy to the point that he has to trash other competitors. Is it going to help his career that much? I don't remember anyone becoming an A-lister from winning Dancing With the Stars, except Normani and Zendaya, but they were going to become stars anyway. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

It makes you wonder why Bobby is so hell bent on winning this stupid trophy to the point that he has to trash other competitors. Is it going to help his career that much? I don't remember anyone becoming an A-lister from winning Dancing With the Stars, except Normani and Zendaya, but they were going to become stars anyway. 

I wouldn't exactly consider Normani an A lister. I never heard of her before DWTS and I haven't heard a word about her since. Zendaya I do agree with.

I think the ones that got the most out of doing DWTS were Brooke and Erin!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Sharna also claimed she was presenting facts and staying objective, by linking folks on her twitter to a very biased Backstreet Boys fan website that posted an extensive one sided view of the accusations.  It was basically a several paragraphs rant trying to paint his accuser as a lying slut and Nick as a wronged angel.  Yet Sharna linked this site on her page as an objective source about the accusations.

CA and the judges have been shocked at recent eliminations, but Juan Pablo is the first time I remember CA actually posting an after show rant about someone's elimination.  I haven't seen that in a long time.  I guess it was made somewhat worse since it happened right after his stunning AT, which is probably one of the best dances the show has ever seen. 

I think Bobby is so hell bent on winning because of his huge old chip on his shoulder.  It's not that winning will do a thing for his career.  It's that he needs the validation and needs to prove his "haters" and the judges and everyone wrong.  He needs to prove he has has the biggest and baddest fanbase.  It's like he has all of his pride wrapped up in where he finishes on this stupid show, whereas I think the other three finalists want to win of course, but will probably ultimately be happy no matter where they end up.  Bobby is the type that could come in 2nd and still complain, despite being a crappy dancer.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I wouldn't exactly consider Normani an A lister. I never heard of her before DWTS and I haven't heard a word about her since. Zendaya I do agree with.

I think the ones that got the most out of doing DWTS were Brooke and Erin!

Normani had songs on the charts after dwts. I'm not familiar with her music, but apparently a lot of other people are.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, spanana said:

I think Bobby is so hell bent on winning because of his huge old chip on his shoulder.  It's not that winning will do a thing for his career.  It's that he needs the validation and needs to prove his "haters" and the judges and everyone wrong.  He needs to prove he has has the biggest and baddest fanbase.  It's like he has all of his pride wrapped up in where he finishes on this stupid show, whereas I think the other three finalists want to win of course, but will probably ultimately be happy no matter where they end up.  Bobby is the type that could come in 2nd and still complain, despite being a crappy dancer.

I encourage everyone to take a few minutes to check out his Twitter page. You guys should see the level of insane self-adulation that is thinly veiled as tweets.

It’s so obnoxious and ridiculous that I cannot even begin to describe it accurately. 

Edited by Bridget
Grammar is always important!
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

I encourage everyone to take a few minutes to check out his Twitter page. You guys should see the level of insane self-adulation that are thinly veiled as tweets.

It’s so obnoxious and ridiculous that I cannot even begin to describe it accurately. 

I went there and looked. Damn, the guy sure is in love with himself. And he sure does have a lot of time to tweet for someone who works so hard!

Barf.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

I went there and looked. Damn, the guy sure is in love with himself. And he sure does have a lot of time to tweet for someone who works so hard!

Barf.

Right?! Isn’t it kind of hilarious in a pathetic sort of way? His freakin description of himself is enough to make me want to puke.

It’s not like he should be practicing dance steps or anything instead of tweeting or re-tweeting the same exact crap he has already posted! Haha! 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, sinycalone said:

I have to admit that I voted for David Ross....but not to the point that I felt he should actually win the trophy.  He's a great guy, and worked hard...but he never truly learned to dance.  What I liked most about David was the fact that he knew his limitations...and was gracious to the other contestants.

^This. I didn't vote for David, because I wasn't voting back then, but I felt the same way. I did vote for John this season for this reason, and also because he was a decent dancer.

• Love 3

After reading every post on all 4 pages, Wow! Quite a campaign going on here.

First, about Juan Pablo.  Yes, he's a very good dancer.  Yes, he's learned very well from Cheryl.  Yes, they appeared to have a very good partnership.  But it seems to me there's been questions about his fan base from the very beginning,  questions about whether he was he getting the votes.  Were his scores a little too high as if the judges are trying to help keep him in the competition.  I've seen many here mention they "forgot" him or his dance.  There was nothing particularly striking to remember. No drama.  Yeah, so he just wasn't getting the votes.  I don't think it was all that shocking really.  It happens most seasons.  Someone is really good but they get "shockingly" eliminated when really they just didn't have fan support.  CAI, she can cry me a river. She knows how this works.  She over scores one, another suffers the consequences.  She's gone on rants before.  I think it's more face-saving than anything else.

Now, about Bobby.  I follow him on Instagram.  I haven't seen any bashing of other competitors.  So I went looking on twitter, scrolling back a week.  Still didn't see any bashing of other competitors.  By "bashing", is that being defined as mentioning "I don't have experience like they do"?  IMO that's just stating a fact.  IMO that's not having a chip on his shoulder either.  On Instagram, IMO, he's been pretty humble, repeatedly thanking his fans for voting for him or "if you can", "if you have time" could you please vote again.   Is he supposed to forfeit because he's not as talented as the others (ohh but he better not say so!)?  Monday night was he supposed to volunteer in tribute to take the place of Juan Pablo's exit? Of course not!  He's a competitor.  His whole life has been a competition to bring himself out of desperate poverty.   DWTS is just another competition.  Competitors compete.  Is he hellbent on winning? LOL! I don't think he's that deluded, though he will say he's off to rehearsals to "go get that mirrorball".  He's amazed enough as it is that he made it to the finals.   

On his twitter I noticed he had RT'd/replied to a couple presumably nasty tweets, taking a fairly gentle tone.  I say presumably because not only were the tweets deleted by the originator, the whole account was deleted.  Sometimes people tweet out stuff not really understanding that there is someone on the other end reading what they sent, they get embarrassed and delete.  On his IG, he showed a lengthy rant from someone who was campaigning with a petition for DWTS to dump Bobby and bring back Juan (not gonna happen!).  Bobby just quietly said to not do that.  That it doesn't bother him but it gets his fans upset.  Anyway, I'm just not seeing this horrible person being described.

Finally, about Sharna.  Yes, she's definitely "complicit" in Bobby still being on the show-she's his coach.  She shouldn't be expected to quit on him or forfeit either. Of course she'll defend him against trolling, nasty messages on social media, in interviews, etc. It's part of the job.  Same as any other pro has done.  But of course, Sharna knows Bobby, unlike most of us.  And I think she'd be very proud in the unlikely instance of winning an MBT with Bobby.  Who's the greater challenge? Bobby or someone who can dance better?  And yes, of course her fans will try their best to get that MBT for her.  I doubt she will get it this time but I don't begrudge her fans from trying.

All JMO!

• Love 4

So JP didn't get the votes.  Ok.  But here's the thing - back when the show was good, a male who could dance like that who comes to the show with virtually no fanbase could actually win.  Gilles Marini on paper one of the best dancers and he had no fanbase when he started, but people who watched the show could not deny his talent.  He ultimately got beat out by someone with a ginormous fanbase. Great Female dancers get bumped all the time, because women watch this show and they are hypercritical of their own sex.  This is the first time I can remember that a talented MALE dancer did not go to the finals.  Lots of males go down to defeat but they never had the ability this JP does. 

This is why I hate the show now and refuse to watch. Ever since the Palin fiasco back in season 11 It's become tribal in the way people just line up in droves behind a favorite whether or not they are nice people or can dance.  So goes DWTS .

• Love 5

I really hope he was trolling with that, but I highly doubt it.

I think he was being a jerk. But then again, I think he is mostly a jerk (except when he encouraged viewers to donate to the fire victims).

Obviously, mileages vary and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But in my review of his twitter page, Bobby simply came across as a big crybaby/man-child. He has the emotional intelligence of an 8 year old. All this woe is me, judges are harsh, I have no dance experience (as if that should give him an automatic pass to the finals). I am obviously not a fan, and he has many of those, so congrats to them on getting him through? If it was my choice, he would be long gone and Juan Pablo would be in the finals.

Basically, this is how he’s come across to me this season:

DAC32CA3-277F-4C79-AA4A-F8981728E4B5.jpeg

Edited by A.Ham
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Dancelove said:

So JP didn't get the votes.  Ok.  But here's the thing - back when the show was good, a male who could dance like that who comes to the show with virtually no fanbase could actually win.  Gilles Marini on paper one of the best dancers and he had no fanbase when he started, but people who watched the show could not deny his talent.  He ultimately got beat out by someone with a ginormous fanbase. Great Female dancers get bumped all the time, because women watch this show and they are hypercritical of their own sex.  This is the first time I can remember that a talented MALE dancer did not go to the finals.  Lots of males go down to defeat but they never had the ability this JP does. 

This is why I hate the show now and refuse to watch. Ever since the Palin fiasco back in season 11 It's become tribal in the way people just line up in droves behind a favorite whether or not they are nice people or can dance.  So goes DWTS .

Charlie White. 

• Love 5

I really hope he was trolling with that, but I highly doubt it

Me neither. That reeks of sarcasm because he knows damn well there's been an outcry over JP, from not only fans but pros and fellow celebs. He can GFO anytime now. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, A.Ham said:

I think he was being a jerk. But then again, I think he is mostly a jerk (except when he encouraged viewers to donate to the fire victims).

Obviously, mileages vary and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But in my review of his twitter page, Bobby simply came across as a big crybaby/man-child. He has the emotional intelligence of an 8 year old. All this woe is me, judges are harsh, I have no dance experience (as if that should give him an automatic pass to the finals). I am obviously not a fan, and he has many of those, so congrats to them on getting him through? If it was my choice, he would be long gone and Juan Pablo would be in the finals.

I also have seen his tweeter rants and he complains that the judges hate him and that his scores are too low.  Then he is being passive aggressive by saying that he has no dance experience and no athletic training (like DeMarcus and MaryLou).  When the show first started, he called out Tinashe and DeMarcus on the show and on twitter.  He even complained that GMA was not giving him enough love.  Now, he wants to prove his haters are wrong.  As others have mentioned, haters is a strong word that usually only kids/tweens use.

He has lots of fans.  I think it's o.k. to ask them to vote for him without all the negative stuff.  It would also be nice if he said something like, "Let's give Sharna her first mirror ball" instead of making it all about him and proving his haters wrong.  It is nice that he gave Sharna a shout out for the CMA.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Uke said:

Now, about Bobby.  I follow him on Instagram.  I haven't seen any bashing of other competitors.  So I went looking on twitter, scrolling back a week.  Still didn't see any bashing of other competitors.  By "bashing", is that being defined as mentioning "I don't have experience like they do"?  IMO that's just stating a fact.  IMO that's not having a chip on his shoulder either.  On Instagram, IMO, he's been pretty humble, repeatedly thanking his fans for voting for him or "if you can", "if you have time" could you please vote again.   Is he supposed to forfeit because he's not as talented as the others (ohh but he better not say so!)?  Monday night was he supposed to volunteer in tribute to take the place of Juan Pablo's exit? Of course not!  He's a competitor.  His whole life has been a competition to bring himself out of desperate poverty.   DWTS is just another competition.  Competitors compete.  Is he hellbent on winning? LOL! I don't think he's that deluded, though he will say he's off to rehearsals to "go get that mirrorball".  He's amazed enough as it is that he made it to the finals.   

On his twitter I noticed he had RT'd/replied to a couple presumably nasty tweets, taking a fairly gentle tone.  I say presumably because not only were the tweets deleted by the originator, the whole account was deleted.  Sometimes people tweet out stuff not really understanding that there is someone on the other end reading what they sent, they get embarrassed and delete.  On his IG, he showed a lengthy rant from someone who was campaigning with a petition for DWTS to dump Bobby and bring back Juan (not gonna happen!).  Bobby just quietly said to not do that.  That it doesn't bother him but it gets his fans upset.  Anyway, I'm just not seeing this horrible person being described.

Finally, about Sharna.  Yes, she's definitely "complicit" in Bobby still being on the show-she's his coach.  She shouldn't be expected to quit on him or forfeit either. Of course she'll defend him against trolling, nasty messages on social media, in interviews, etc. It's part of the job.  Same as any other pro has done.  But of course, Sharna knows Bobby, unlike most of us.  And I think she'd be very proud in the unlikely instance of winning an MBT with Bobby.  Who's the greater challenge? Bobby or someone who can dance better?  And yes, of course her fans will try their best to get that MBT for her.  I doubt she will get it this time but I don't begrudge her fans from trying.

All JMO!

Bobby comes off not only with a huge old chip and very passive aggressive with his comments.  Keep in mind that the man also has many avenues for venting, which includes interviews post show as well as his own radio show that gives him a huge platform every day (or I assume his show is every day?)  Not to mention he posts a lot of instagram stories, which disappear a day after he posts them.  He's done whining there about the judges, Vegas odds, etc.  This is a man who just went on his radio show the day after JP's elimination and said that he was happy JP got booted and he had to pretend to act sad the night before.  Whether he claims he meant it as a joke or not, it's still a crappy comment to make and many "jokes" generally are only claimed to be jokes after the fact when called out.  Sharna enabled this behavior by telling a fan to "learn to take a joke".  I don't even know how his fans rationalize that outside of "it's a joke" or they think it didn't happen and other people are making it up, despite the fact many people heard it first hand.

He also thinks everything is a conspiracy theory.  Like there was one week a few weeks ago where his dance for some reason didn't get immediately posted on the DWTS youtube channel.  I assume there was either a technical error or a music problem or something.  It got posted by the next morning.  Bobby posted on his instagram story (which I'm sure is long gone) about how fishy it was that his was the only dance not posted and blah blah.

Nobody is telling the man to drop out or that should Sharna shouldn't be coaching him...or I'm sure some are, but I haven't seen that here.  The issue is that he does name drop contestants and yes, it is still rude to name drop Tinashe and Demarcus, also the only two black contestants, about how he can't be good like them because he doesn't have the experience that they do or whatever they said.  He made sure that people knew that they had a leg up over him and made sure they knew it fast.  Bobby could talk about his own journey and experience without having to constantly drop names.  It's the same reason he's obsessed with the dang Vegas odds and has talked about it either on air/in interviews or posted pics of them on social media at least 10 plus times.  I've seen him post that stupid pic of all the contestants and the updated odds pretty much every week.

If people want to like Bobby, that's cool and their prerogative.  But he's by FAR been the whiniest contestant on social media this season, much more so than the actual minor and young adults on the show.  Everything is a problem, nothing is fair, everyone has it easier than him, etc. 

Also just for me personally, I like it when people show me they work hard by just putting their head down and working hard. I don't need said person to tell me how hard they are working and how they are working harder than every person ever in the history of the world.  Just do the work and shut it.

• Love 11

I'm dying to know about the extensive dance experience that Demarcus had according to Bobby lol...

Yeah, the guy needs to be called out for name dropping the only two black contestants for supposedly having dance experience when there were plenty of ringers this season.  On top of that, Demarcus had no more advantages than he had, except that Demarcus was nicer and a better dancer.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I'm dying to know about the extensive dance experience that Demarcus had according to Bobby lol...

Yeah, the guy needs to be called out for name dropping the only two black contestants for supposedly having dance experience when there were plenty of ringers this season.  On top of that, Demarcus had no more advantages than he had, except that Demarcus was nicer and a better dancer.

I assume he thought Demarcus had an advantage over him because he was physically fit and strong in that way, so well conditioned and such.  Which I know nothing about Bobby's workout regime, but I assume he is not well conditioned. Or maybe Demarcus supposedly just had an advantage because football players tend to do well on this show.  I get the whole professional athletes have an advantage thing, but I'm pretty sure Bobby could find a way to claim that Danielle also had an advantage over him.  Or Nancy with her broken foot.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I think he called out Tinashe and DeMarcus on the first show because they were the two highest scorers.  He kept saying that Tinashe was a professional dancer and I think he just said that DeMarcus was a performer.  Since he can't use dance experience for him, he just said that he's not a pro athlete.

I remember during Disney week, he made a comment about not having time to go to Disney like the others because he had to work and had no time for fun.  It's always something.

• Love 3

As others have mentioned, DWTS loves the attention Bobby is bringing them.  The fact that quite a bit of that attention reflects negatively on the show, doesn't seem to matter.  ABC is using him on AI...and he's also getting that show additional publicity.  (As an aside, I don't think he was a very good mentor last year.  He gave very little constructive criticism...mostly it was about boosting his career.)

Hopefully, TPTB will end the nonsense and not let him win.  In fact, he should be fourth.  The other 3 contestants are far better than him, have worked extremely hard, and have improved a lot.  Of course, I'd say that he should have been eliminated weeks ago....but he's managed to make himself into a martry to the "haters."

I won't be watching the finale.

• Love 1

I really hope Evanna and Keo manage to win. It seems like they have peaked at the right time in the competition. However, I won't be mad if Milo wins either.

I find Bobby very annoying. He acts so immature and obnoxious. I do think he is serious about the show, but a bit delusional about how well he does.

I am surprised Juan Pablo was eliminated, but glad Joe left.

I think the showmance did actually help Alexis and Alan. Perhaps that resonates more with her fanbase? I can see younger voters finding them a cute couple and voting for them for that reason. I do think Alexis deserves her spot in the finals though. Bobby is the one who should have been eliminated.

• Love 5
On 11/16/2018 at 10:41 AM, Beatrice said:

Charlie White. 

If you had Tom Brady and Ross Walker  competing on DWTS one of them would have to be dropped before the finale.  Teammates have the problem of splitting the vote   I didn't even watch that season because A. Meryl Davis is an overrated ice  dancer.  and B. Charlie White is a far superior human being and I knew he was going to be dropped in favour of the maks machine another spoiled baby like Meryl desperate for a win and insufferable if they don't. 

Edited by Dancelove