Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E10: Week 8: Semi-Finals

• Start Topic

Ivana and Keo, check.  Alexis and Alan, check. Milo and Whitney, check.  Joe the Schmo and Jenna gone, check.  Juan Pablo and Cheryl gone and Bobby and Shrarna saved, seriously?  It this kind of thing that makes dents in the show's credibility.  JP and Cheryl have been excellent and could have gone almost  wire to wire.  It was nice to see Cheryl get a real show pony for a change.  DWTS's scoring  method is better than the one used on SYTYCD but maybe the show runners need to reassess the comparative weight given to the audience vote and the judges' scores.  I think that it will come down to Ivana or Alexis and either winning would be fine with me. 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Alexis and Alan costarring Brandon - that was...quite something. The dancing was great and had a good energy about it. I wish another song was chosen (enough it fit the Jive). Maybe because I'm tying the "We're going to fall in love" with their Showmance.

Fun fact: this was the actual song that brandon and tinashe was given for their second jive they had to do but didnt get to because they were saved in week 1.  I guess giving brandon a little solo part was a shoutout to the song choice.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, cali1981 said:

Ivana and Keo, check.  Alexis and Alan, check. Milo and Whitney, check.  Joe the Schmo and Jenna gone, check.  Juan Pablo and Cheryl gone and Bobby and Shrarna saved, seriously?  It this kind of thing that makes dents in the show's credibility.  JP and Cheryl have been excellent and could have gone almost  wire to wire.  It was nice to see Cheryl get a real show pony for a change.  DWTS's scoring  method is better than the one used on SYTYCD but maybe the show runners need to reassess the comparative weight given to the audience vote and the judges' scores.  I think that it will come down to Ivana or Alexis and either winning would be fine with me. 

I would be beyond shocked if Alexis won.  I would put money on any of the other three winning over her.  Not because I dislike her, but she's a decent but unexciting performer with not much of an arc beyond showmance.  She's a very pleasant person and I'd rather see her win than Bobby naturally, but Evanna has much more of an arc and the audience loves Milo.  I feel like Alexis is playing for 4th.

Evanna's Rewrite the Stars dance was what would have been her second foxtrot in week one, had she been asked to do one.  Though I'm sure tweaked and made longer to reflect where she was at now.  Though like everything else, I wish they had used the original music because the singers butchered the number.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 4

Like many, glad to see Joe gone but can't believe JP is also gone.  Although honestly I have to admit that I do not dislike Bobby as much now as I did at the beginning, and I do think he's shown improvement, much more so than Joe ever did.  So I can live with his being in the finale, but I am beyond irritated at losing some really good dancers like Tinashe and JP to get him there.  Evanna and Milo got all my votes last night.  

Would someone please clue me in on what happened between Emma and Gleb?  I was just coming back in from the kitchen, and I saw Emma's reaction, but I didn't see what happened.  I assumed maybe she'd slipped or there had been some kind of mishap she was laughing off, but from some comments on here, it doesn't sound like that was the case.  TYIA!

Lastly, am I the only one who finds it a bit weird/borderline creepy when male celebs dedicate a dance like the AT to their mothers?  

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I never saw anywhere that Carrie Ann said she was jealous when Julianne was added as a judge.

When she cohosted on the Talk earlier this year, she discussed how she was a bit jealous when Julianne Hough was sharing the judges table because she felt like maybe they were pushing her out for a younger and hotter female judge but she soon realize that wasnt the case but she was def. insecure about Julianne Hough.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

When she cohosted on the Talk earlier this year, she discussed how she was a bit jealous when Julianne Hough was sharing the judges table because she felt like maybe they were pushing her out for a younger and hotter female judge but she soon realize that wasnt the case but she was def. insecure about Julianne Hough.

Whatever the reason, I hope Julianne Hough is gone for good. I just couldn't with that nasal, shrill voice.

Carrie Anne can be annoying sometimes, but at least she's tolerable and the three judges have good chemistry.

• Love 3
Just now, boyznkatz said:

Whatever the reason, I hope Julianne Hough is gone for good. I just couldn't with that nasal, shrill voice.

Carrie Anne can be annoying sometimes, but at least she's tolerable and the three judges have good chemistry.

Julianne Hough, I didnt care for her either. I mean she knew her stuff but something about her just rubbed me the wrong way. She just never seemed genuine to me and her valley girl talk did drive me crazy.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, LadyMustang65 said:

Lastly, am I the only one who finds it a bit weird/borderline creepy when male celebs dedicate a dance like the AT to their mothers?  

I don't think Milo had anyone else to dedicate it too. He doesn't seem to have a girlfriend and like most teen boys, the woman he is probably closest to is his mother.

I think a 17 year old is pretty limited with that kind of dance. Poor Witney really had no chance against JP. I hope that doesn't hurt them.

• Love 3

Best part of the night was Jenna's face while waiting for the news of who would go home. She looked about 50 years old.

Second best part of the night was Keo getting those scores. Oh yeah: Evanna too.

Worse part of the night was Joe going home because I really wanted him to win the whole thing so the world would implode.

Second worse part of the night was Cheryl leaving. I can't take my eyes off her, she looks fantastic.

Third worse part of the night was Alexis staying. Can't stand ya Alexis.

My vote: Anyone but the entitled Milo. (Or Alexis.)

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

My vote: Anyone but the entitled Milo. (Or Alexis.)

I know everyone has their own subjective opinions and is entitled to them, including myself, but I can't think of one entitled moment I've seen from Milo this season.  I heard him voice after the show that coming into the season he never thought he would last past week 4 or week 5.  Every time a judge has criticized him, he has defended said judge for their opinion.  Both on air and in interviews.  I've seen him talk on several occasions about how he would never be anywhere without his mother, and usually tears up every time.  Is he entitled by virtue of having a mom in the business?  I'm genuinely curious.

Because I just can't wrap my head around seeing Bobby, Evanna, Alexis and Milo in a final 4 and thinking that Milo is the entitled one in the bunch.  The entitled one in that bunch, to me, is the oldest of the four.

Speaking to the point above, despite the fact it was an AT, I think it was a smart move for Milo to dedicate it to him mom.  The general audience knows who his mom is, or at least some do, and I bet there are people that didn't even make the connection until last night who is mom is.  Yes, Tom sometimes shouts her out and they show her in the audience, but they haven't spent much time on it beyond that.  It was a good connection point for him to the audience.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, LadyMustang65 said:

Ha!  That reminds me of Joe's classic reaction of  "are you high" to Jenna after seeing her choreography to the dance he dedicated to his mom/grandma.  Which also leads to me think that Jenna didn't listen to her partner and maybe that is why he did better under CAI tutelage.  

• Love 4
Just now, LBS said:

Ha!  That reminds me of Joe's classic reaction of  "are you high" to Jenna after seeing her choreography to the dance he dedicated to his mom/grandma.  Which also leads to me think that Jenna didn't listen to her partner and maybe that is why he did better under CAI tutelage.  

A lot of pros write blogs or whatever for those Access Hollywood type outlets and Jenna's about last night is great because she said something about how Joe took the direction more to heart from Carrie Anne and maybe it meant more to him coming from a judge than her just saying it over and over to him.  Which I guess the point she was trying to get across is that she has given the same notes before but it didn't click until CA.  Lol.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, vdw84 said:

Carrie Ann has also been jealous of Jennifer Lopez too. Apparently during their fly girl days, there was quite the competition between Carrie Ann and Jennifer. To this day, they still have the feud going. This came from an online interview I read. I wasn't into the fly girls, and didn't even realize that Jennifer and Carrie Ann were fly girls. Sounds to me Carrie Ann is rather insecure. It would be great if they got Jennifer Lopez to be a guest judge. The looks on Carrie Ann's face would be priceless. 

Well, my fingers sure got a work out last night voting for Milo/Witney. I realized that Alexis/Alan have a 3 point advantage that will count to next weeks votes. Simply cannot let Alexis/Alan win with that nauseating showmance. And besides that, Milo is just a better dancer than Alexis. All my votes last week went to Evanna to get her to the finals, and it worked. Yea for Evanna and Keo. If Milo/Witney were not in the finals, I would definitely vote for Evanna/Keo to win. I hope they come in 2nd.

I am not a betting person, but in this case, I bet the judges are gonna low score Bobby next week to make sure he gets 4th place. I am against judges scoring to fit an agenda, but in this case, I would not mind it at all.

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Love 4

I can't stand CAI, but JLo would NOT be a good look for the show.  On WoD, she has to be treated like a queen at all times.  Can't see that being pleasant to watch with Len and Bruno trying to toe the line.  Oh and also, good riddance to Julianne who made the other three look fantastic (not by virtue of WHAT she said, but HOW she said it) -- she was super annoying.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, spanana said:

Jenna's about last night is great because she said something about how Joe took the direction more to heart from Carrie Anne and maybe it meant more to him coming from a judge than her just saying it over and over to him. 

To me, this says more about Jenna as a teacher than Joe as a student. These threads are loaded with comments about how Jenna has been wanting Joe to be voted off since forever just by watching how she acts toward him. If she's that cold to him while the camera (that she loves) is on her, how is she when the cameras are not on her? At least CAI treated Joe as a human with feelings. Jenna couldn't even pretend to like Joe.

• Love 6

I have a thought about the dancing with the stars results last night. I believe what happen when Cheryl and Juan Pablo got voted off is because everyone assumed that they were going to win the entire contest. So they begin to cast votes for other couples that probably might not have otherwise had a chance to move on. I think a good idea for the dancing with the stars show would be to have a save that the three judges would have to unanimously agree upon and they can only use it one time in the season. If they could have implemented that last night  Cheryl and Juan  Pablo would not have been eliminated. Just a thought.

16 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Two thoughts:

1. It's about time!
  2. WHAT?!?! JP's mom is Not Happy.

People didn’t vote for JV because I thought they were going to win the cast votes for other people to see if they could have a chance to advance. I guess that’s what happens sometimes when you don’t vote 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

I heard Tom ask Emma if she was all right after that.

I wonder if they can fire him now.  Please?

Oh no what happened with Emma? Did she get hurt or something? 

Clearly, I need to stop fast forwarding. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BeeBop88 said:

Well, my fingers sure got a work out last night voting for Milo/Witney. I realized that Alexis/Alan have a 3 point advantage that will count to next weeks votes. Simply cannot let Alexis/Alan win with that nauseating showmance. And besides that, Milo is just a better dancer than Alexis. All my votes last week went to Evanna to get her to the finals, and it worked. Yea for Evanna and Keo. If Milo/Witney were not in the finals, I would definitely vote for Evanna/Keo to win. I hope they come in 2nd.

Last night's scores only counted towards last night's elimination. The voting after last night's show + freestyle scores next Monday will determine winner.

• Love 1

Since I'm the one who brought it up, I'm trying to recall how it specifically went down, but I'm sure somebody else can fill in the details better. Essentially, though, Gleb went off-script and more or less started grinding on Emma horizontally. She did not seem to be in on his little joke and shock-laughed it off but looked really uncomfortable about it all.

Edited by lavenderblue
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, suebee12 said:

Just a random thought...wonder what Milo' AT score would have been if he had gone before JP. Would that have made a difference?

I think he quite possibly would have had a higher score, but that score would still only go towards last night's elimination. And as we have learned, Milo was safe anyways.

The only difference now is the voters' perception of Milo's AT, and I think it unfortunately suffers (even though I loved it) regardless if he went before or after Juan Pablo.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 3

I assumed that Milo and Juan were safe.  I only do on-line voting so it's only about 10 or less votes.  What little I did do, I was trying to save the women.  Last night, we only had six on-line votes.  I cast three for Milo and three for Evanna.

I think the judges should get to pick from the bottom half of the contestants.  I don't know if it would have helped this season since it seemed that Joe and Bobby were always at the top.  But at least, dancers like Tinashe and Juan might be able to stay a little longer.

Yeah, that was just totally unnecessary. He's so gross.

I know everyone has their own subjective opinions and is entitled to them, including myself, but I can't think of one entitled moment I've seen from Milo this season.  I heard him voice after the show that coming into the season he never thought he would last past week 4 or week 5.  Every time a judge has criticized him, he has defended said judge for their opinion.  Both on air and in interviews.  I've seen him talk on several occasions about how he would never be anywhere without his mother, and usually tears up every time.  Is he entitled by virtue of having a mom in the business?  I'm genuinely curious.

Because I just can't wrap my head around seeing Bobby, Evanna, Alexis and Milo in a final 4 and thinking that Milo is the entitled one in the bunch.  The entitled one in that bunch, to me, is the oldest of the four.

Agreed. I expected to hate Milo, I assumed that a show biz kid raised in the business would be obnoxious and entitled, but he hasn't shown that at all. He's got more manners than a lot of 17-year-old kids. Also agreed that Bobby is the one who seems to feel entitled to votes because he feels he's at a disadvantage with his lack of dancing skill (and lack of experience, as he reminds us every single show). 

I like Carrie Ann. I have no trouble believing that she's probably got a bitchy side a mile wide, particularly back in her dancing days, but I think she gives useful comments and I like that the judges have all been there from the beginning. 

Julianne was not a good addition to the panel for me, aside from the shrill, nasally uptalk, she just came across like a little kid emulating the adults. Like she watched old episodes of reality shows to get an idea of how to make her comments and it just came across fake. I liked her a lot in her first few seasons as a pro, but the shine wore off with repeated exposure. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

During that whole bit I was reminded of a moment on "American Idol" years and years ago where some guy's parents were in the audience, and he gave this really lovely speech about them being so supportive of him and all that, and he was going to dedicate the song he was doing to them.

That song? "Let's Get it On". Cue everybody giving each other, "...WTF...?" expressions :p. I think Simon actually burst out laughing, too. 

3 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I don't think Milo had anyone else to dedicate it too. He doesn't seem to have a girlfriend

I was saying last night that I wonder how many girls out there will be lining up to want to go dancing with him after this season's said and done :D. 

3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Second worse part of the night was Cheryl leaving. I can't take my eyes off her, she looks fantastic.

I loved that white outfit she had on for her second dance. She's stunning. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Worse part of the night was Joe going home because I really wanted him to win the whole thing so the world would implode.

Now that Juan Pablo is out, I kind of wish this could have happened. I would honestly die laughing if Joe had won.

At any rate, I broke up with the show before the athletes season and unfortunately agreed to get back together this season. I'm going to seriously think about a permanent break up.  

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I like Carrie Ann. I have no trouble believing that she's probably got a bitchy side a mile wide, particularly back in her dancing days, but I think she gives useful comments and I like that the judges have all been there from the beginning.

I understand why people don't like Carrie Anne, but she does IMO have her moments and she is knowledgeable on dance if not ballroom.  I think my issue with CA tends to be hyperbole as she likes to speak in "best ever in blah blah seasons" and "best male contestant ever" but I think her memory is short and she doesn't remember a lot of things that happened.  However I think the package with Joe last night was an example of helpful dance knowledge that she can impart to the celebs.  I know the package is severely edited so it's hard to know if it was CA's advice that clicked or something Jenna did herself, but she spoke to him in a way he understood and improvements were made (even if minimal).

Also at least kudos to CA if she owned up publicly to being insecure about Julianne.  Not a lot of people would do that and she's not wrong in the sense that often when people bring in a newer younger woman into something like this, it's because they may want to oust the older regime or want fresh blood.  Especially where women are concerned.  Women often have a sell by date in the industry.  So I can understand her initial insecurity in that particular situation.  On the part of TPTB, I think they probably realized that Jules coming back season to season wouldn't be a guarantee and so they needed CA since Jules likely wouldn't be a long term addition.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, lavenderblue said:

Since I'm the one who brought it up, I'm trying to recall how it specifically went down, but I'm sure somebody else can fill in the details better. Essentially, though, Gleb went off-script and more or less started grinding on Emma horizontally. She did not seem to be in on his little joke and shock-laughed it off but looked really uncomfortable about it all.

How gross. I really hope he is gone next season. With Brandon emerging as a star, maybe they won't need him.

• Love 6

I saw Gleb do that to Emma and was all WTH is he doing chucking her onto the floor when aren't the couples suppose to match each other. Then he gives the camera a big grin, which made him more disgusting than ever before. Which is saying something. I can always pick Gleb out of group dances since he's the one always staring at and grinning at the camera, regardless of where he is on the dance floor. His partner just gets in the way of him being a star in his own mind. I'd be plenty happy if the show sent him packing off to ... wherever.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

I saw Gleb do that to Emma and was all WTH is he doing chucking her onto the floor when aren't the couples suppose to match each other. Then he gives the camera a big grin, which made him more disgusting than ever before. Which is saying something. I can always pick Gleb out of group dances since he's the one always staring at and grinning at the camera, regardless of where he is on the dance floor. His partner just gets in the way of him being a star in his own mind. I'd be plenty happy if the show sent him packing off to ... wherever.

I will never understand why they brought him back a second time.

• Love 7

While I think Joe was the worst dancer this season and he was worse than Bobby as a dancer, as a person I still find him less obnoxious.  He did an interview post show last night saying he was somewhat relieved to be eliminated because he didn't want to be the reason that Alexis and JP went home.  I'm sure he's relieved for more reasons than that, but he at least acknowledged that there were better dancers that deserved to move on over him and was gracious about it.

Bobby on the other hand was on his radio show this morning talking about how he had to pretend to be sad for JP last night but was secretly happy because one of the best dancers was gone...now context and he may have full well been kidding and meant it as a joke. But way too many of Bobby's "jokes" are usually the at the expense of other contestants and more often than not, not in a funny way. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, spanana said:

Bobby on the other hand was on his radio show this morning talking about how he had to pretend to be sad for JP last night but was secretly happy because one of the best dancers was gone...now context and he may have full well been kidding and meant it as a joke. But way too many of Bobby's "jokes" are usually the at the expense of other contestants and more often than not, not in a funny way. 

What an ass. I'm sure he'll be whining when they score his probable shit show freestyle accordingly next week. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, spanana said:

While I think Joe was the worst dancer this season and he was worse than Bobby as a dancer, as a person I still find him less obnoxious.  He did an interview post show last night saying he was somewhat relieved to be eliminated because he didn't want to be the reason that Alexis and JP went home.  I'm sure he's relieved for more reasons than that, but he at least acknowledged that there were better dancers that deserved to move on over him and was gracious about it.

Here’s the thing I don’t get (as a non-crazy country music fan who doesn’t listen to his radio show): if Bobby’s “people” heard him admit to that, WHY in the hell are they voting for such a snide and arrogant jackass (who still didn’t even dance during his first dance)? 

When he was bragging about how he managed to finish all of the steps to the salsa “for the first time ever”, I instantly thought about the Chris Rock comedy bit when he’s making fun of people who are bragging about “taking care of their kids” or “never having gone to jail” by saying “You’re supposed to take care of your kids. You’re not supposed to go to jail. What do you want? A cookie?”

I was dying to ask Bobby if he wanted a cookie after he bragged about doing ONE basic step during the 8th week of a 9 week season. 

The whole “an 8 is my 10” thing was ridiculous too. It indicated that he knows he can’t dance and he’s relying on 8s to serve as inflated scores to use as evidence to support his false claims of why he should stay. 

I just can’t stand the continuous “Woe is me” BS he spews. He’s not confident; he’s cocky and appears to have a chip on his shoulder. He really needs to find a good therapist too. I’d love to hear him say something about Milo, Evanna or JP being dancers/performers before this show to their faces. 

If he talks about his radio show as being the biggest one in the country ONE MORE TIME.....

I saw Lionel Richie serve as an advisor  on “The Voice” one season and he said one of the most beautiful and important things that everyone needs to remember, no matter what they do in life.

”Don’t tell other people how good you are; let them tell you.”

Milo is pure class and puts Bobby, someone who is more than twice his age, to shame. I’d love a classroom full of students who are as mature as Milo. He acknowledged the judges’ comments last night because not only were they correct, but he also knew the judges were doing their jobs...the ones they’ve done for years, not 8 weeks. So refreshing!

I was re-watching the first group dance from last week and during the scoring, after Len gave them a 9, the ONLY people who weren’t booing Len were Milo, Evanna and Emma. It’s really subtle, and I had to watch it a few times, but when I saw those 3 people accept the 9 and were grateful for it, it spoke volumes about their character.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 14

I wouldnt even trust the judges to make reasonable choice. I rather the bottom two be the lowest scorers of that night and allow the viewers votes combine with determine who is eliminated.

• Love 2

Bobby also went on Twitter. mocking the people who were outraged that JP was eliminated.   His defenders keep citing his enthusiasm...and how it makes him entertaining.  Sorry, that schtick got old around the third week....he ceased to be entertaining.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

His defenders keep citing his enthusiasm...and how it makes him entertaining. 

I guess people have differing definitions of entertainment. I find what people are calling his enthusiasm to be put on,  obnoxious and self serving. And now after reading here about what he's been saying today, he can't be gone soon enough for me.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I guess people have differing definitions of entertainment. I find what people are calling his enthusiasm to be put on,  obnoxious and self serving. And now after reading here about what he's been saying today, he can't be gone soon enough for me.

I guess the same people find Howard Stern "entertaining."

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

Bobby also went on Twitter. mocking the people who were outraged that JP was eliminated.   His defenders keep citing his enthusiasm...and how it makes him entertaining.  Sorry, that schtick got old around the third week....he ceased to be entertaining.

I also feel like his supporters have bought into his chip on the shoulder philosophy so they just think he is continually being wronged by the show and so his attitude is justified. I also think a lot of his things, like what he said on the radio today, was framed as a joke.  Though I doubt the man was really joking.  So his fans would say it’s a joke.  Which is exactly what Sharna said when responding to a fan who brought it up to her. Sharna’s response was basically learn how to take a joke.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, spanana said:

I also feel like his supporters have bought into his chip on the shoulder philosophy so they just think he is continually being wronged by the show and so his attitude is justified. I also think a lot of his things, like what he said on the radio today, was framed as a joke.  Though I doubt the man was really joking.  So his fans would say it’s a joke.  Which is exactly what Sharna said when responding to a fan who brought it up to her. Sharna’s response was basically learn how to take a joke.

Just like the Jenna/Val shippers, Sharna's supporters are just as responsible for keeping Bobby around. Maybe more so since she's never won.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I'm really glad for Keo and Evanna. They got no help from TPTB and totally earned it on their own. You go girl.

This, times 1,000.  !!!!   Evanna has improved week after week after week.  Hardly any love from the judges - well, not in the beginning, but since it looks like she might have a chance, now they're piping up.  How brave of them.  She is an exquisite dancer, to my untrained eye anyway.  I'd love to see Keo and her win.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

He's the male Jenna. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

To me, this says more about Jenna as a teacher than Joe as a student. These threads are loaded with comments about how Jenna has been wanting Joe to be voted off since forever just by watching how she acts toward him. If she's that cold to him while the camera (that she loves) is on her, how is she when the cameras are not on her? At least CAI treated Joe as a human with feelings. Jenna couldn't even pretend to like Joe.

After seeing Joe in action, I can’t blame Jenna.  He couldn’t even say “You look amazing, I can’t wait to spend some time inside with you” to Becca on TB, and just sat around on BIP while Kendall, who I loathe, had to put all the effort in the showmance.  The guy is lazy.  He waits for others to put things in motion.  Still can’t believe he was a stockbroker. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

He couldn’t even say “You look amazing, I can’t wait to spend some time inside with you” to Becca on TB,

I read this several times without seeing the "with" between "inside" and "you" and all I could think was, I'm grateful he never did say that. LOL!

• Love 17
23 hours ago, SHD said:

I wanted Alexis to go, but man, how bad must she feel when she's called safe and everyone (audience, hosts AND judges) start booing the results. I know it was because JP was leaving, but there's a whole studio of people basically saying "It should've been YOU, Alexis!"

I didn't see the booing that way. I thought everyone was booing because Bobby advanced to the finals.

• Love 8

As much as I try to avoid spoilers, I do know that Joe went home tonight, but I have no idea who else was eliminated.  That being said...

Round 1:

Bobby-At least he has shown improvement this season, and has somewhat toned down the hyperness that he had at the beginning.  At least until he got to the judges table. <eye roll>

Alexis-Very pretty. I liked it as a dance, but I agree with Len about the lack of waltz content.

Joe-I'm glad he's out. Len and Bruno's comments were hilarious.  Carrie Ann, an 8? What are you smoking?!

Juan Pablo-Um, wow! Let me go cool off, that was fire!

Evanna-I'm not a big fan of contemporary, but that was well done, and the story behind it was touching.  Also, as much as I haven't been a fan of Keo's in the past, he's really stepped up his game this season.

Milo-It was a really good dance to end the first round. I probably would have thought is was great if he had gone before JP.  Sometimes it is hard to believe/remember that he is only 17.

Round 2:

Bobby-I have to give him credit-he is trying hard, and it's showing.  I do wish he would quit pulling "surprises" on Sharna.  At least he's realistic about his ability(or lack thereof).

Alexis-I just can't with the guys' costumes, lol! It was fun and energetic, but I think she lost the timing a little bit towards the end, so I personally don't agree with the perfect score.

Joe-Holy crap, he actually danced! It wasn't great, but he danced! Added bonus for him, he went out on a high note. What does it say about Jenna, though, that Carrie Ann did more for/with him in one week than she did all season?

Juan Pablo-And again, wow! But, after listening to the comments from Erin and Tom, why do I have the feeling that he is about to be a shock elimination?

Evanna-This dance seemed really short to me. Also, with all of the lights and fog I couldn't really see what they were doing, so this one was just "meh" for me.

Milo-I'm not sure why, but I didn't really enjoy this one. It was instantly forgettable and overscored, IMO.

And now I will go watch the results.

• Love 4