Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

On 12/24/2017 at 10:10 AM, Bronzedog said:

Congrats, Sara and Max!  Feel bad for the baby, though.  Having a birthday so close to Christmas sucks.  I know from experience.  Don't do combo presents, Sara!

When is your birthday, BronzeDog?  Mine is December 22.  And I agree wholeheartedly ... don't do combo presents!

• Love 1

I am so happy for Sara and her family.  She seems like such a nice person.  Growing up I had a friend who had a Christmas birthday.  Her parents did a small family thing on her "real" birthday but on June 25th they celebrated her birthday again and that is when she had the birthday parties and big gifts.  I could see Sara doing something like this for her daughter.

• Love 4

Joy is the poster child for the War on Christianity.

Incidentally, while he was governor Pence refused to accept vetted Syrian refugees into IN, so if anyone knows religious intolerance, it's Mikey.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, geekburger said:

He is basically calling on ABC to can The View or fire Joy...he is disgusting.

Wouldn't the Christian thing be to forgive Joy and pray for her?  He sounds like he is being vengeful.

1 hour ago, Qoass said:

Maybe Jesus told him to.

I think he misheard Jesus.  Jesus probably said be joyful and not so dour all the time.

42 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Maybe if MM brings it up the "base"--her favorite word of all-- Joy will tell her to talk to Clay about Pence's beliefs (on LGBTQ). 

I thought "tribal" was her favorite word?

• Love 7
17 hours ago, geekburger said:

He is basically calling on ABC to can The View or fire Joy...he is disgusting.

Well, I guess he's a viewer!   Does he not have more important things to worry about?  Let Meghan handle this.

• Love 4

Whatever, it was a joke with a smidgen of truth and poor Pence needed an apology evidently. But I hear he is just fine now......lol. At least ABC didn't require her to apologize again on the show.

Now, ABC -  get MM to apologize to all the people she insults daily. Even the one in the Oval that she supports but kinda doesn't but whatever, party over country.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Seriously???  That’s pathetic.

She was probably asked to do so by TPTB.

Apparently Pence said she should apologize to the audience. WHICH SHE ALREADY DID. Where's all that Christian forgiveness and mercy again?

I'm not worried though. She signed a 3-year contract after her first year back, which means she's still a part of the show until August 2019 at least. By then, nobody will even care about this (and hopefully Meghan will no longer be on the show either), just like that nurse nontroversy a couple of years ago.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Whatever, it was a joke with a smidgen of truth and poor Pence needed an apology evidently. But I hear he is just fine now......lol. At least ABC didn't require her to apologize again on the show.

Now, ABC -  get MM to apologize to all the people she insults daily. Even the one in the Oval that she supports but kinda doesn't but whatever, party over country.

I am amazed that a politician is that thin skinned AND that he pays that much attention to an opinion show.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Tanichka said:

I am amazed that a politician is that thin skinned AND that he pays that much attention to an opinion show.

AND it wasnt even that great of a joke (sorry Joy). Its literally the oldest joke in the book.  Its prob public domain by now. The whole thing is ridiculous.  Shit, even #45 can laugh.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Tammee said:

AND it wasnt even that great of a joke (sorry Joy). Its literally the oldest joke in the book.  Its prob public domain by now. The whole thing is ridiculous.  Shit, even #45 can laugh.

It was a comment not a joke and I have half a mind to email Pense giving support to come out of the closet.  LMAO!   I crack myself up all the time and the reason I do not need to remarry. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Tammee said:

What was the joke, if you don't mind telling me.  Thank you.

I'm proud of Joy - and disappointed in Disney - whatever. It was a joke with a grain of truth. Glad ABC did not require Joy to make an on air apology. And hate that I think MM had a lot to do with this. But I think MM did. I cannot ever agree with MM, I don't trust her and she quotes other people (especially on twitter and her blue cards) and the rest of the panel channel their feelings and knowledge. They have heart - MM has an agenda.

• Love 7

I agree that MM may have played a role in the phone call, however, this was a HUGE deal in the self-described religious community.  They successfully corralled their forces and made several thousand phone calls/emails to ABC and Bob Iger.  I can't find the article now, but I saw coverage of Iger's call with shareholders.  I believed he mentions 3,000 phone calls and 20,000 emails.  

The Left is like herding kittens.  The Right has it down to a science.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh LAWD. Meghan done and gone and gotten herself mocked. Meghan makes the gun reform debate about herself.

This is so good, because when you quote what she actually said, it sounds even worse than watching her say it.

• Despite Goldberg's clarification, McCain steered the conversation back to herself. She then explained she's having a difficult time saying, "I think that it sometimes gets mixed up, that maybe you're less empathetic, you're less hurt, you're less somehow affected by school shootings in one way or another . . . And I felt it so much, especially being on this show, especially being the only person that I think comes from gun country."
  • But McCain pivoted back to the fact that gun reform was a challenging discussion for her. "I don't think right now it's a very interesting place for someone like me," she said. "The CNN town hall was a huge step backwards. I felt bad for the way it was handled. I thought it was really inappropriate, and I want to have more conversations that are civil."
  • Love 6

And both Whoopi and the article are wrong; as the survivors of Parkland and all the other students have said that this IS against the NRA TOO, because of their refusal to do anything and having so many politicians in their pockets.  And there's nothing wrong with that. People had guns BEFORE that fucking NRA was created. You can have one without the other. But Meghan can't seem to grasp that.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But Meghan can't seem to grasp that.

Meghan doesn't want to grasp that.  She wants to believe she belongs to some cool club and these are her peeps and the only people who understand her blah blah blah.

• Love 5
On 3/10/2018 at 11:01 PM, slasherboy said:

What was the joke, if you don't mind telling me.  Thank you.

Sorry for the delayed response @slasherboyI have to paraphrase. It was started when VP Pence said he talked to God, and Joy had offended Christians worldwide.  Anyway, the joke was something like (insert name here) said they talk to God. That's not wild though, whats wild is when God talks back.  That's basically it.  And she was low voiced and they were all chuckling on something else.  It was really no big deal.  Imho anyway

• Love 2

Let's hope that this article changes Whoopi's ass-kissing  of MM. 

If Whoopi has any pull at all with the powers that be,  maybe this will be the start of MM's end on the show. 

Sure, I believe in the Easter Bunny, too. 

Edited by Tosia
Hoping against hope.

Scary indeed. Funny when they go to lies to feel validated in their hate of something, like here:

In fact, this flat-out set of lies from Goldberg — that the student marches weren’t political and had nothing to do with the NRA — is really just par for the course

for a failing mid-day program that simply can’t seem to stop itself from crossing the line of decency and angering at least half the country with its snarky liberal rhetoric.

Nice try. These kind of "news" outlets, like we see from McCain herself regularly, are seething because they've failed to take down The View's ratings or its co-hosts. I wouldn't be surprised if McCain had reached out to the Parkland student she mentioned on the show privately to instigate a response to Whoopi, but if so, she needs to try harder because I don't think this story will gain any traction. It's like a drop in the ocean.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Scary indeed. Funny when they go to lies to feel validated in their hate of something, like here:

Nice try. These kind of "news" outlets, like we see from McCain herself regularly, are seething because they've failed to take down The View's ratings or its co-hosts. I wouldn't be surprised if McCain had reached out to the Parkland student she mentioned on the show privately to instigate a response to Whoopi, but if so, she needs to try harder because I don't think this story will gain any traction. It's like a drop in the ocean.

This isn't even a blip any thinking person's radar.  The gun lovers are really reaching. 

The author should also mention half the country is put off by Meghan's snarky conservative  rhetoric. 

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 4

Maybe The Whoopster will think twice before she pulls some ludicrous theory out of her ass to "explain" a situation she knows absolutely nothing about.  Geez.  I wish someone REALLY went after her for her bullshit!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
Using the same word twice in a sentence is not good!!
  • Love 4

That entire article sounds as though it could have been ranted by Ol' Orangie himself, especially the verbiage here:

for a failing mid-day program that simply can’t seem to stop itself from crossing the line of decency and angering at least half the country with its snarky liberal rhetoric.

"failing", as in New York Times, CNN, MSNBC...

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Tammee said:

Sorry for the delayed response @slasherboyI have to paraphrase. It was started when VP Pence said he talked to God, and Joy had offended Christians worldwide.  Anyway, the joke was something like (insert name here) said they talk to God. That's not wild though, whats wild is when God talks back.  That's basically it.  And she was low voiced and they were all chuckling on something else.  It was really no big deal.  Imho anyway

Thanks, Tammee.  You're right, no big deal.

• Love 1

the comments, on twitter, are good. 

mostly people angry at Meghan, and then a few bots and offensive memes about David Hogg.   But a LOT of people saying they can't stand the way Meghan acts on The View. 

• Love 6

I'm wondering if she was forced to take the day off - like when Sherri was, and she roamed the streets of NYC crying all day. MM, otoh has dragged Clay Akin into her fight on twitter and it is not going well. Plus, WG didn't say MM was sick but MM is pretending she is with a cutsey  cartoon.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Ooh, details please!

this was in response to someone named Kurt Eichenwald pointing out that Meghan's "#fuckcancer" and her numerous tweets containing the word fuck, prove that her pearl-clutching about David Hogg's "strong language"  is phony.  

Having been a Clay fan since he was first on Idol, I'm disappointed in him about this.  First, that Meghan is "my girl."  Second, that he seems to be taking her word for what Hogg said, and how Meghan responded, instead of taking the time to watch it himself.  I HOPE he's not genuinely OK with the bashing of these students that is taking place by Meghan and by Fox News. 

It looks like Meghan cried to Clay that all those mean The View watchers were trashing her on Twitter, so he defended her, and she retweeted him. 

She also got the "#fuckcancer" people/person to tweet that people were wrong for being offended that they use the word fuck on their site.  Once again, Meghan completely misrepresented what the issue was.  It wasn't about #fuckcancer, it was about Meghan be OK with the  word fuck in the context that SHE agreed with, but not in a context that she disagreed with.  

Anyway, Meghan McCain caused me to be on Twitter telling Clay Aiken he is wrong.  I'm arguing with Clay Aiken, whom I adore, on Twitter, and rethinking my fandom. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 10

Some of the memes in there are HILARIOUS. And of course after Aiken's tweet defending his "GIRL," and then thanking the first person to respond (disagreeing with him), he went away. I lauged my ass off at someone calling her an "ICON."

• Love 4