Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

I hate the revolving door of co-hosts. it is sinking the show. There is such thing as group chemistry.

The revolving door of co-hosts get has gotten horrible since the season with Nicole, Roise P and RO. Ok that didn't work, so they try Michelle and that didn't work. They add Sunny and airhead Sara Haines and can't make up their minds about CCB and Raven so  add Jediiiiiiahh to the mix. UGH.

They need to have an opening the  just "The View" only and don't have any co-hosts on it because those people are never on the show together!

• Love 1

This show just stinks.  ANOTHER cast member learns she is getting the axe from the gossips rags?  Really?  Again? 

I say that because I totally believe this story.  It's certainly got the most important facts right ... Whoopi hates Paula, yep. Seen that with my own eyes. And we all know that for some impossible to fathom reason, what pleases Whoopi Goldberg is a huge consideration on this show.  And Paula is disliked by viewers imo.  Calling her unpopular is an understatement. Even people who share her opinions sometimes don't care for how she expresses herself or employs slimy argument tactics.  

The thing about not owning her opinions I don't entirely understand.  Is that some reference to her transparent attempts to come across as unbiased by playing the devil's advocate on occasion?  Because she did seem insincere at times.  It was obvious she was actually very contemptuous of some of the ideas or positions she would bring up for discussion.  But it would be just like this show to hire her to be "the impartial journalist" then hold it against her when she actually tried to seem unbiased by deviating from the right-wing vitriol she was hired to simultaneously espouse. You can't win with the bunch of fools who run this show.  The endlessly revolving door by which panelists enter and depart shows that.

As if the constant upheaval weren't proof enough of what a mess The View is, the fact that news of the all these firings gets reported in the gossip rags in such detail shows how tight a ship they are running. The leak like a sieve. It's shameful.  I don't know why anyone would accept a job on this show.  The chances are 50-50 you are going to be dumped on the curb like a bag of trash as the show leaks stories about what a disappointing failure you were as a cast member ...  that or you will actually have to stick around and deal with kissing Whoopi Goldberg's ass.  Which may actually be worse.

• Love 6

I guess ABC execs felt Paula had to go because she wasn't cute, perky or a former child sitcom actress, so they're giving that seat to  CCB, who keeps telling viewers she's a christian, conservative, then explains democrats don't share those values. And she constantly whines that she would rather be back in Cali with her hubby & their nearly grown kiddies. Don't forget these same big-wigs booted Michelle Collins from the show because her stories about relatives lost in the Holocaust, or her experiences with anti-semitism were in the words of Mel Brooks,"Too Jewish."  PS: I like Sunny...

• Love 3
7 hours ago, rcc said:

If it's true then Miss Whoopi has bullied another panelist from this show. ABC enjoys her bluster, self importance and rudeness I guess. She doesn't even watch their news, she proclaimed that she watches BBC News right in front of Paula a while back.

Miss Whoopi is the female equivalent of Donald Trump. Big ego and a bully. 

Don't forget completely uninformed.   

Damn, like @Celia Rubenstein I believe the story and believe ABC leaked it because that seems to be how they roll.  Every single "firing" for the past few years was preceded by a "leak" in a gossip column.   If only the gossip stories about Miss Whoopi were true.   

Paula is a professional broadcaster.  She's smart and I never saw her lose her cool while being mocked or attacked.  For that alone I enjoy her presence on the show.    Now if she quit I could understand.   I said it last year and I'll say it again - The Spew is really The Miss Whoopi Goldberg Hour and it sucks.  

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, rcc said:

99% of that article is just a regurgiation of the daily mail article and Whoopi's Twitter rants. Only two lines from yet another "insider" saying Paula isn't going anywhere. I'm just going to adopt a 'wait and see' and let it all play out before I believe anything.

• Love 1

Of course ABC has to claim Paula is coming back.  Otherwise when she announces that she has "made the decision to leave so I can focus on my other projects, but I had a great run and I want to thank everybody at The View" it won't sound legit. 

• Love 7

"The View: 20 Years In the Making" on TUESDAY, AUGUST 23 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT). The primetime special, with the program's legendary creator Barbara Walters, will feature surprising stories from behind the scenes, favorite memories from celebrity fans, a look back at the show's most talked about moments and will welcome back co-hosts from the past 19 years.   

1 hour ago, springtime said:

"The View: 20 Years In the Making" on TUESDAY, AUGUST 23 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT). The primetime special, with the program's legendary creator Barbara Walters, will feature surprising stories from behind the scenes, favorite memories from celebrity fans, a look back at the show's most talked about moments and will welcome back co-hosts from the past 19 years.   

Oh WOW, that sounds like must see teevee ... NOT!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Oh WOW, that sounds like must see teevee ... NOT!!!

Oh, I don't know.  It might be kind of fascinating to watch a look-back on years gone by and realize the systematic destruction of a fantastic and innovative show is pretty much now complete.  

It truly was "must see teevee" for many of us.  We watched, we learned, we were spurred to expand our knowledge and understanding of a myriad of things.  And we were entertained.  These days most of the show's entertainment exists on the pages of this forum, provided by a wonderful bunch of intelligent and wickedly funny posters.  The show? Not so much anymore.  

And I'm not learning one hell of lot from this crew and the topics they choose to explore or the views they are cast to espouse.  No Whoopie, you grand old sage, I don't need you to tell me to "do the homework".  I've been doing the homework my whole fucking life and I "get" things.  I haven't had to have anyone take my by the hand and explain the score to me.  I've reviewed, researched, explored all sides and educated myself. And I do all of this before I open my mouth to pretend I'm informed.  I like to actually BE informed.  Many of you on the panel might want to try it sometime.  I know it's a novel approach but talking facts, truths and educated opinions is far more entertaining for your audience than watching you pull just any old thing out of your asses!  And no, Raven, talking hair extensions, Candy Crush and what's the latest on Twitter is NOT a well rounded, well informed, in any way interesting individual.  Just saying.  Go home!!

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, onthebrink03 said:

Oh, I don't know.  It might be kind of fascinating to watch a look-back on years gone by and realize the systematic destruction of a fantastic and innovative show is pretty much now complete.  

It truly was "must see teevee" for many of us.  We watched, we learned, we were spurred to expand our knowledge and understanding of a myriad of things.  And we were entertained.  These days most of the show's entertainment exists on the pages of this forum, provided by a wonderful bunch of intelligent and wickedly funny posters.  The show? Not so much anymore.  

And I'm not learning one hell of lot from this crew and the topics they choose to explore or the views they are cast to espouse.  No Whoopie, you grand old sage, I don't need you to tell me to "do the homework".  I've been doing the homework my whole fucking life and I "get" things.  I haven't had to have anyone take my by the hand and explain the score to me.  I've reviewed, researched, explored all sides and educated myself. And I do all of this before I open my mouth to pretend I'm informed.  I like to actually BE informed.  Many of you on the panel might want to try it sometime.  I know it's a novel approach but talking facts, truths and educated opinions is far more entertaining for your audience than watching you pull just any old thing out of your asses!  And no, Raven, talking hair extensions, Candy Crush and what's the latest on Twitter is NOT a well rounded, well informed, in any way interesting individual.  Just saying.  Go home!!

I agree with most of what you said, but I've seen EVERY show since it's inception & I really don't need a walk down memory lane to be reminded how far it has sunk into the abyss.  If I see BabaWawa on my screen, I change the channel before she gets a chance to say a word.  I blame her & Sweaty Geddie for this crap show (that I can't give up because I love harping about it & reading what you guys have to say).

• Love 9

Things I would like to see in this special:

Bitsy's Plan B meltdown, tearing of the cards and subsequent crawl into Baba's lap.

Baba's assertion that they're all good friends who love each other.

Star's surprise announcement that she's not coming back.

The Rosie/Bitsy throwdown.

Also, Baba asking Marcia Cross if she's gay while Cross' parents sit in the front row of the audience.

Baba repeatedly remarking to Meryl Streep what a departure her role in Mamma Mia is while Joy points out that Streep sang and danced in several previous films.

Baba asserting that the president of Syria is a gentle eye doctor.

And now my poor memory will start to show but didn't she also confuse Harry Truman and Truman Capote?  I'd like to see that too.

• Love 16

ChicagoCita:  Was fan anger over Paula F. getting fired/ having her appearances cut back to a few days a week the reason there was no Whoopie today? 

I guess ABC execs forgot BW created this show to give the audience viewpoints on current issues, from hosts with differing opinions.  CCB & Paula both have strong conservative Christian beliefs.  Should network big-wigs desire to bring back Sherri S ( another CC) that would put three CC's on the panel & they would be forced to change the title of the show to "The Conservative Christian View"......a program more appropriate for CBN.

• Love 1

Paula posted a pic on Instagram of her and Whoopi and the caption says:

End of season #selfie with the incomparable @whoopigoldberg. Also, these smiles aren't fake. XO@theviewabc #PhotoTakenToday

8 hours ago, fl2dc said:

Paula posted a pic on Instagram of her and Whoopi and the caption says:

End of season #selfie with the incomparable @whoopigoldberg. Also, these smiles aren't fake. XO@theviewabc #PhotoTakenToday

'nough said.

• Love 1
On 8/3/2016 at 4:54 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

So Sunny is not going to be a regular, every day member of the panel?  Why????????

I was surprised.  The only rationale I can imagine is that they want to keep her more focused on being a legal analyst on their other news programs - including World News and 20/20.  Or maybe she didn't want to be a full fledged panelist for family reasons?  

Maybe it really won't matter and she will rack up as many appearances next year and and and Jed will get tossed into the Opening Credits on days they join the panel.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Love those super-low journalistic standards at breibart.com  

Not everyone is thrilled though about this new chapter in her life. “I’ve gotten a lot of pushback by people on the right – Twitter, Facebook, social media,” she said. “They call me a turncoat, they call me a trader, they say I’m betraying them by leaving Fox News.”

Yeah.  They call her a "trader".  Because you know. She's trading beads to Native Americans on Manhattan Island or something.

• Love 15

Raven is an actress. She would be better off acting.

Paula is better off spending more time at GMA. Better people over there. Professional and obviously a nicer group to work with.

If not for Joy The View wouldn't be worth a damn thing.

The Whoopi bullshit show can continue with the rest of the new hosts kissing her EGOT rear. For me, I will only watch when Joy is moderating as I've done for a while now. If I want to know what's going on without seeing the Whoopi bitch face then I will read about it at this site.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 10

I got the impression they were just phasing Paula/Raven/CCB out from all the other articles, too, instead of giving more fodder for headlines. Which doesn't really make sense, because even if they say they're not fired, if they're never there the headlines will come anyway... And they sure didn't mind firing Michelle, who deserved it much less than Raven and CCB. But maybe they thought it wouldn't get as much attention because she's pretty much unknown.

As long as Sunny/Sara/Joy are at the table the majority of the time, I don't care how long they wait to bring down the ax.

• Love 3

As long as Sunny/Sara/Joy are at the table the majority of the time, I don't care how long they wait to bring down the ax.

I like this trio-combo too (sorry, Vinyasa!), and, frankly, think we really don't need any more than the 3 of them unless Meredith would come back.   Joy will always be my #1 ~ I love her sarcasm and she just makes me feel happy!

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 8

So it's going to be Whoopi and Joy with Sara, Raven, Paula, Candice, Sunny and Jedidiya rotating in and out.  Am I understanding this right? 

With the exception of Joy and Sunny, all I can say is I can't believe THESE are the people they are keeping and they kicked Michelle off the show.  Whoopi, Sara, Raven, Paula, Candice and Jeidyaaa just stink compared to her. Actually most of them just stink, period.

Someone shoot me a pm if there is ever a day when it is going to be just Joy and Sunny hosting the show.  I can't promise I will be back in the fall for this mess otherwise. There is just no reason. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

So it's going to be Whoopi and Joy with Sara, Raven, Paula, Candice, Sunny and Jedidiya rotating in and out.  Am I understanding this right? 

With the exception of Joy and Sunny, all I can say is I can't believe THESE are the people they are keeping and they kicked Michelle off the show.  Whoopi, Sara, Raven, Paula, Candice and Jeidyaaa just stink compared to her. Actually most of them just stink, period.

Someone shoot me a pm if there is ever a day when it is going to be just Joy and Sunny hosting the show.  I can't promise I will be back in the fall for this mess otherwise. There is just no reason. 

I'm thinking the same thing.  (I'm quite enjoying my "time off" from this idiocy.)  I gave up on Live with Kelly & Whoever because she's a lost cause, so I'm left with my Canadian show, The Social & maybe The Talk while I'm eating lunch.  We'll see in the Fall .....

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm thinking the same thing.  (I'm quite enjoying my "time off" from this idiocy.)  I gave up on Live with Kelly & Whoever because she's a lost cause, so I'm left with my Canadian show, The Social & maybe The Talk while I'm eating lunch.  We'll see in the Fall .....

Then you're doing better than I am because The Talk is about it for me! 

10 hours ago, MsTree said:

Then you're doing better than I am because The Talk is about it for me! 

And you're doing better than me !  I don't like any of the other morning shows.

I guess I will go back to taping Jimmy Kimmel to watch while I have my morning coffee and tidy the house again. Oh, and that other guy, the English one. Love him!

Kiss my hiney, View!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And you're doing better than me !  I don't like any of the other morning shows.

I guess I will go back to taping Jimmy Kimmel to watch while I have my morning coffee and tidy the house again. Oh, and that other guy, the English one. Love him!

Kiss my hiney, View!

James Corden?

• Love 2

If you can find it, I recommend watching him in Gavin & Stacey, a Britcom. It's about the romance between (duh) Gavin and Stacey, but it was written by Corden and Ruth Jones, who play their respective best friends and absolutely steal the show. One of my favorites from the days when BBC America used to show actual British shows that we can't get here.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I noticed that it's already "set to record" without anything to do with me, so .... I may watch (or not).  I've already seen most of what they're going to show.

My dvr did the same thing this morning.   It must hate me, LOL.  I'll probably watch for the old stuff (and no, I don't mean Babs although she is hosting it of course)  but don't care about the current crap - once is enough for me on that. 

• Love 1