Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

My favorite was when he said it was biased propaganda. (On FOX NEWS!) And he's name-calling a panel with two conservative panelists!

This is the same guy who screeches about how there's a war on old white men and other nonsense?

I can't believe this guy has a fan base. Actually, I can. Scary!

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11

EDIT: Putting this here. Sorry, I posted it in the weekly thread.

4 hours ago, Tunia said:

WOW - Tough crowd on Joy's Twitter page.  Some of the comments are wicked.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were McCain ghost accounts, LOL. She is that pathetic that I could actually believe it.

Anyway, I wanted to post this article talking about what happened Friday for this quote alone. For someone who supposedly doesn't care, Melania and co. care quite a lot! God bless YNB!

Specifically, Brown was reacting to a high-profile interview the Queen Of "I Don’t Really Care, Do U" gave to the network’s 20/20, in which she expressed the opinion that she could care less about rumors of her husband’s various and myriad alleged infidelities. To which Brown responded, "Is it possible that she’s not concerned with his mistresses because she was one of them? Is that possible that it doesn’t affect her in that way?" Which, damn, Shirley!

Per Deadline, the show’s co-hosts didn’t spend much time on that particular topic, possibly because they didn’t want the president’s press secretary yelling at them, too. But that didn’t stop Sanders from calling out the show as a whole for "bullying" the very rich woman in the very expensive clothes, dubbing it both "sad" and "disgusting" in the process. And while those were technically private tweets, given that Sanders tweeted them from the @PressSec account, and the status that the administration’s online hategasms have taken in the hierarchy of official communications, we have no choice but to assume that the United States is now at war with The View.

https://news.avclub.com/we-regret-to-inform-you-that-america-is-now-at-war-with-1829732562

• Love 3
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Listen to the song that is at the top of Joy's twitter feed...It is fantastic. 

Strange to hear this song today since just hours ago I came across a post in another forum that included a chart almost identical to these lyrics.  It won't let me copy and paste the chart, but I'm including the link here:  https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211215674

Giving credit to the author:  Jackson Katz, The Macho Paradox: Why Some Men Hurt Women and How All Men Can Help

and the forum poster:  Heartstrings

• Love 2

This topic is titled, "The View in the Media." It is for media-related items about the show, The View. What this topic is not is a place to post content from guest/former/current panelists' social media accounts, particularly content that that has nothing to do with the show, The View. 

28 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Radar Online is reporting MK and The View are "in talks" and that the producers are very "hot" on her.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2018/11/01/megyn-kelly-in-talks-to-join-the-view-execs-are-very-hot-on-the-idea/23577776/

Sooooo, the obvious question is - if MK is added, who goes?

15 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I read that she needs to settle her current contract first, hope NBC's gets rid of the non compete clause and then she said she"d be interested in a seat at the table should one come available.  

ARE THEY HIGH? NBC JUST GOT RID OF HER  BECAUSE SHE'S A LIABILITY (AND AN EXPENSIVE ONE).

They'd have to double the length and content of the View-Your-Deal segments (and bump them to every day) to even consider affording her.

Besides, she would take over the show. Ugh. Oh my word, I think I'd rather have McCain. 

I want Joy to go start her own talk show and get herself free of this hellscape where she is not appreciated. I've been noticing for the last few days, the camera hardly ever focuses on her, despite the fact that she's in the physical middle of the table. 

Also, why can't we just have Ana?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Tunia said:

Sooooo, the obvious question is - if MK is added, who goes?

Ooh, ooh - may I make a suggestion?   Although, I would think MK would be better on a political show.  Maybe a pundi(n)t on some show or other.

38 minutes ago, General Days said:

Also, why can't we just have Ana?

Ana is not interested in a full-time gig with The View.

Edited by Tanichka

I've been celebrating NBC finally firing Megyn Kelly the past week, but I honestly would take her over Meghan McCain ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. I doubt they'd have both on at the same time either. I know we had the year of the Rosie's, but Meh-gun's much too self-centered to be a #2. Maybe The View's done with Meh-gun now that they've wrung out the attention from her famous father's passing and she's bulldozed all her chances to get it together by shrieking and being a nonstop asshole. Joy just tore her a new one earlier this week.... Coincidence?

But I think this is just Megyn Kelly trying to raise her own profile. She's said some other things that are bullshit trying to threaten NBC and protect her image on the way out. Can't stand her.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I call BS. If MK signs, Joy walks and Sunny, too. The View dies.

I don’t think the ladies will give up the gravy train that easily.  They’ve stuck it out with MM.

• Love 1

‘The View’ Adds CNN’s Ana Navarro as Guest Co-Host

“The View” is adding Republican strategist Ana Navarro as a guest co-host one day a week, Variety has learned.

Navarro will fill in on “The View” every Friday, rounding out the Season 22 panel with Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Meghan McCain, Sunny Hostin, and Abby Huntsman. Goldberg takes Fridays off as the moderator, which is why the show needs a sixth rotating cast member at the Hot Topics table.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

ABC execs can't be that dumb that they'd hire someone who struck out at two other networks.  Megyn Kelly is toxic.

They just booted Roseanne for her racist crap. Megyn Kelly also has a history of being a racist. And after her latest stunt, pretending not to understand why Blackface is wrong? To even bring her on after that?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They just booted Roseanne for her racist crap. Megyn Kelly also has a history of being a racist. And after her latest stunt, pretending not to understand why Blackface is wrong? To even bring her on after that?

I didn't have a problem with how her blackface comment started out: (paraphrasing) we did that when I was a kid and didn't think twice about it. I thought she was going to follow that by saying she now realizes that it was so very wrong, and hurtful. But, damn, she said she still doesn't "get" the objection to it. As Dr Angelou famously said " ... when we know better, we do better." I have no desire to see MK even as a guest on this show, and surely not as a host. Pfftt. 

• Love 6

Guys, let's move on from the Megyn Kelly speculation. When it's announced she's actually going to be on the show (should that ever occur) you may resume discussing her. 

4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/views-meghan-mccain-sputters-rage-sunny-hostin-says-republicans-put-country-trump/

I enjoy that Raw Story still shreds her even after she attacked them, lol. Outside your little bubble of nepotism, Meggie, nobody is afraid of you.

Yeah, I love how they won't back down.  And they made a good point.  Sunny was trying to express her VIEW, and NutMeg rudely interrupted her several times, while Sunny was very polite and patient.  And the NutMeg started having a hissy fit.

• Love 12