Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/29/2018

• Start Topic

One of Meghan's talking points on her blue note card must be "Mention my Father's passing.  People think I don't do it enough and guests would rather talk about my Father's death than LITERALLY any other subject even if it costs them movie revenue or book sales." 

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan, 1).  You did not take care of your Dad.  You were not a primary caregiver, and, 2).  Thanks for turning that interview to one of the most depressing one ever, and, 3).  Way to put the guest in an incredibly difficult spot.  I seriously doubt that's what he came to the show to talk about.

All of this! I was actually looking forward to that segment. I know the film is getting poor reviews but as a lifelong fan of Queen, I'm still curious to see it. Now I'm bummed out and feel bad for the actors.

• Love 22

Not on here yet but I have to scream at Meghan just reading about what is going on today.  

AyeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think that she was ready to go back to work. It is not because I don't care for her, but, she goes from extreme anger when discussing politics to over the top enthusiasm when it comes to light topics like exercise.  It is not healthy emotionally, mentally and physically. Sunny said that she has a healthy appetite and she has said that she loves to drink. She is still mourning and I think that she should go see a grief counselor and stay away from topics that will trigger her grief about her dad. 

Yeah, I'm starting to think a few of her coping mechanisms right now are eating and drinking alcohol. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Wings said:

Not on here yet but I have to scream at Meghan just reading about what is going on today.  

Do you have a neck brace handy?  Because yeah, today's show will give you major whiplash.  Because it goes from being waaaaaayyyy up here to waaaaaayyyy down there in a matter of minutes.  Way to kill our buzz, Meghan, jesus.  Who needs Whoopi to ruin a show when you have Meghan?  Cripes.  And p.s. and by the way, everything she said to that guy about their fathers, could have and SHOULD have been said backstage.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Do you have a neck brace handy?  Because yeah, today's show will give you major whiplash.  Because it goes from being waaaaaayyyy up here to waaaaaayyyy down there in a matter of minutes.  Way to kill our buzz, Meghan, jesus.  Who needs Whoopi to ruin a show when you have Meghan?  Cripes.  And p.s. and by the way, everything she said to that guy about their fathers, could have and SHOULD have been said backstage.

Everybody is so relax without Whoopie and Anna brings such lighthearted fun to the show. 

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, Wings said:

Nope not on yet,  but a video of the Oprah discussion popped up on FB and I'm so happy Ana is on! 

• Love 7

Omg "fun" Meghan's voice is making my ears bleed. Meghan thinks she's slick. I see you Meggie. Trying to make it make it seem  like the other hosts are ridiculous and naive. Not one of them said Stacy Abrams had it on lock. They were discussing Oprah just like you. MM is an ass. Just like she tried to get a gotcha clip with Abrams, the other day. Btw Meggie the dems aren't asking for your free advice. 

Love Ana. 

I just have to say I can't stand the announcer and how he always phrases questions.  I'm probably just on edgy but he said something like. "Are Democrats making a mistake bringing in Oprah's,  will it backfire?"  

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I  love Oprah, but why did she have a southern accent during that 6 mile voting speech?

I think she's from Tennessee Mississippi & lapses into the accent when around people who have it.  Just a guess!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 21
42 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:
49 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Here we go. The Bohemian Rhapsody movie is about Meghan and her grief. 

Of course, everything is about Megan and her grief. Up until then it was a fun interview.

That was so uncomfortable to watch.  Yikes.

MM - Joy is never going out to dinner with your husband.  I sure wouldn't.

MM does need to be in therapy.  Losing a family is difficult but we all we lose someone.  Death is a part of life.

1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:
5 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I  love Oprah, but why did she have a southern accent during that 6 mile voting speech?

I think she's from Tennessee & lapses into the accent when around people who have it.  Just a guess!!

She is from Mississippi.  I used to date a guy from Tennessee and he HAD to learn to tone down his accent for a job in Michigan but when he was off he would talk normally.  He said it was difficult to remember to talk midwestern.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, ABitOFluff said:

All of this! I was actually looking forward to that segment. I know the film is getting poor reviews but as a lifelong fan of Queen, I'm still curious to see it. Now I'm bummed out and feel bad for the actors.

I've been excited about seeing "Bohemian Rhapsody", so was disappointed to read it's getting poor reviews.  That sent me online to check out, and Variety's review is here:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/reviews/film-review-‘bohemian-rhapsody’/ar-BBONSyQ

Sounds like a mixed bag, but Queen is...well, Queen, so I'm willing to take a chance on it.  Rami Malik does get a good review for his portrayal as Freddie, and he has the look, if not the height, for the role.  The music alone should be worth it.

MM was a real Debbie Downer in that segment.  Those who say she should have addressed the cancer comments backstage are right.  There was no need, other than her ME-ME-ME sympathy grab, for that to be addressed on stage.  Rather than eliciting sympathy from me, all she got was my annoyance.  She brought down all the fun of today's show.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Am I hallucinating?    There was a very busty blonde woman at the end of the table.  She said this:   I love talking about politics.  It doesn't mean you have to rip each other's heads off.  It means you have to be mature and respectful.    At first I thought it was Meghan McCain, but it can't be.  OH, WAIT!  She was looking at the other (4) panelists.  She means THEM when she says "you."  She doesn't mean herself.  Never mind; it's MM. 

I liked her outfit today.  Very pretty, vibrant colors look good for her.  Now just tick-a-lock and we'll all be cool

• Love 4

Former Nun typing at same time! What did Joy say she would bring if she went out to dinner with MM and her husband ? I played it twice and cc didn't pick it up.  Perhaps a AK 15 or whatever they are?  She loves to talk politics to hear everyone's point of view?  I think she's hit the Jim Beam already.  

They had to talk about the same lunch where she put away the wedding soup and the chicken Parma. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

They had to talk about the same lunch where she put away the wedding soup and the chicken Parma. 

And don't forget dessert, too, Bitch.  Again with the Bitch today. 

Edited by Cementhead
Because a dessert is not the same thing as a desert.
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Tunia said:

I've been excited about seeing "Bohemian Rhapsody", so was disappointed to read it's getting poor reviews.  That sent me online to check out, and Variety's review is here:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/reviews/film-review-‘bohemian-rhapsody’/ar-BBONSyQ

Sounds like a mixed bag, but Queen is...well, Queen, so I'm willing to take a chance on it.  Rami Malik does get a good review for his portrayal as Freddie, and he has the look, if not the height, for the role.  The music alone should be worth it.

MM was a real Debbie Downer in that segment.  Those who say she should have addressed the cancer comments backstage are right.  There was no need, other than her ME-ME-ME sympathy grab, for that to be addressed on stage.  Rather than eliciting sympathy from me, all she got was my annoyance.  She brought down all the fun of today's show.

Yes she prob should have gone backstage.  But i think she's turned a corner to  not be so emotional.  Lets see next week.  But i have questions about that cancer.  Did they have something in common?  Work in the same bldg somewhere? you know where Im going with this.  Sick bldgs maybe?  Is there black mold in the senate bldg and offices...

• Love 1

A mature political discussion seems great, but it sounds off  coming from the person who has had meltdowns when a debate doesn't go their way.had

I know the grief thing will bother some, but I thought it was okay in this moment simply because the actor's father went through the same thing and his Facebook post was brought up on the view.

I'm glad that Ana will be a guest co-host on Fridays. Everyone looked more relax and the table looks better without Whoopi. 

Abby's husband voted for Hilary and debates Meghan's husband about it. I guess this means he voted for Trump, which would be awkward considering who he married. 

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I know the grief thing will bother some, but I thought it was okay in this moment simply because the actor's father went through the same thing and his Facebook post was brought up on the view.

I don't think any of us have an issue with Meghan's grief but she finds a way to turn almost every topic into something about herself. In today's instance I think she could've mentioned it backstage, especially since I'm sure the actors would've preferred to talk about the actual movie they were there to promote. It was so light-hearted until she brought that up.

• Love 24

1 HOUR AGO, ABITOFLUFF SAID:

All of this! I was actually looking forward to that segment. I know the film is getting poor reviews but as a lifelong fan of Queen, I'm still curious to see it. Now I'm bummed out and feel bad for the actors

Oh yea, im not going to pay any attention to those.  The fans will truely love it. The concert scenes are going to be wild. I predict many many awards for Sir Rami.  Looks like he really nailed it

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I don't think any of us have an issue with Meghan's grief but she finds a way to turn almost every topic into something about herself. In today's instance I think she could've mentioned it backstage, especially since I'm sure the actors would've preferred to talk about the actual movie they were there to promote. It was so light-hearted until she brought that up.

She is MEghan for a reason and her bringing up her grief on a topic about kids, or celebrity news or whatever is a bit much. I know she's hurting, but bringing it up all the time isn't healthy. 

But for this segment I thought it was okay mainly because the actor made his father's cancer and death public and it was discussed on the show. Even if Meghan wasn't there, I think someone would have brought it up.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

And I don't think those are recent developments.

Almost certainly not. The way she so proudly declared she's not going on any diet on today's show, in addition to constantly talking about getting drunk, support this.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Tunia said:

WHOA MM Witch - Such disrespect for Joy.  She just earned a bitch-slap with her evil eye and head jerking at Joy.  Oh, if I could just have five minutes with her...

MM really is something else.

GifMeme13062102112018.gif

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

I felt it was more "a presentation," similar to the Black pastors' sermons she heard growing up...and still today.  The story sounded better with that "southern" embellishment.

• Love 12

Once again, Meggie invokes bearing arms in 1776 in her anti Brit tirade.  I am not a monarchist, but why is she going back to a war that was more than 200 years ago?  Ana tried to come back with a comment about troops at the border, but she got out-shrieked by Meggie.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

What a treat!!  Ana Navarro!!!  Yahoo!!

Ana is always a treat!   But what a"Farrell's ZOO," with Ana and WITHOUT Whoopi!   If they stick to it, Fridays will be almost perfect (and you know what I mean).

Farrell's Zoo: a giant scoops of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, chocolate chip mint, peppermint, and spumone ice cream.  Then orange, raspberry and lemon sherbet alternated with scoops of vanilla to create a second layer. Poured over the entire bowl, the following toppings: strawberry, chocolate, pineapple, butterscotch and blackberry. Three bananas cut crosswise and spaced evenly around the bowl. A stripe of whipped cream decorated the edge of the bowl between each banana slice. Rosettes of whipped cream sprayed on top of each banana and topped with a plastic toy animal. The crowning touch: chopped toasted almonds and cherries sprinkled generously over the whole bowl.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I felt it was more "a presentation," similar to the Black pastors' sermons she heard growing up...and still today.  The story sounded better with that "southern" embellishment.

ok good point. I get it now. I can see that for effect or flourish

• Love 5

Our vocabulary lesson for today.  Ms McCain made a very common error when introducing the "Bohemian Rhapsody" segment, but in her business it shouldn't happen.  BIOPIC.

She said BY-op-ik.  It's a biographical movie: BIO - PIC (picture).    Ohhhhh...those dreaded blue cards.  

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Our vocabulary lesson for today.  Ms McCain made a very common error when introducing the "Bohemian Rhapsody" segment, but in her business it shouldn't happen.  BIOPIC.

She said BY-op-ik.  It's a biographical movie: BIO - PIC (picture).    Ohhhhh...those dreaded blue cards.  

Yes, and she also used "extradite" incorrectly, but I cannot recall what the topic was.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yes, and she also used "extradite" incorrectly, but I cannot recall what the topic was.

I started to comment on that at the same time, but I looked it up and there's enough wiggle room in the definition that she wasn't truly wrong.    She doesn't want to "extradite" politics from conversations.

4 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I started to comment on that at the same time, but I looked it up and there's enough wiggle room in the definition that she wasn't truly wrong.    She doesn't want to "extradite" politics from conversations.

I didn't find that when I looked it up, can you share a link?  It just jumped out as being completely off when she said it.

52 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

She doesn't want to "extradite" politics from conversations.

Once again trying to sound smart but sounding foolish. Why couldn't she just say remove politics from conversations?  And not for nothing but Meghan is the one who usually brings politics into the conversation.  What did you have for dinner last night Meghan?  As a Republican I had and All American burger.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

What did Joy say she would bring if she went out to dinner with MM and her husband ? I played it twice and cc didn't pick it up.  

Joy said she'd bring along a food taster, Probably not a bad idea.

Once again we got the classic MM reaction when Joy said " Let me talk. " She threw her hands in the air , rolled her eyes and looked around to see if anyone else was as mad as she was. Of course no one was. Poor Meghan  ....  she never gets to talk. Wait , she did get to talk and totally bring down the Queen discussion . 

• Love 23
56 minutes ago, bannana said:

She said something about not wanting to extradite political talk from conversations (at holiday parties, etc.). I think she meant excise. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

I know Oprah is from Mississippi, but she normally does not have an accent. I just thought it  was weird.

Love Ana. Glad to hear that she will be a regular.

I remember Oprah talking about this. She'll take on someone's accent  when they're talking to her , it was on her show years ago.  I have a friend who does this. She normally has no accent but her family is from Kentucky.  So she will just be talking normally and as soon as she talks with someone southern all baby'sand honey's and  ya'll's coming falling out lol. Cracks me up.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Once again, Meggie invokes bearing arms in 1776 in her anti Brit tirade.  I am not a monarchist, but why is she going back to a war that was more than 200 years ago?  Ana tried to come back with a comment about troops at the border, but she got out-shrieked by Meggie.

She's a lunatic ? who'd gets outraged about the royal family. Her anger doesn't even make sense.  

As I've already commented MM voice was extra screechy and did my head in. I wanted add Meghan's fun side felt fake as hell to me. Whoopi was on wwhl last night Andy  asked WG about joy and Meghan's dispute earlier in the week.  I just thought maybe MM was trying extra hard to be "fun".

Have a good weekend you all. I'm going to try to avoid all the over speculation on the news this weekend about the election.  

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Tunia said:

WHOA MM Witch - Such disrespect for Joy.  She just earned a bitch-slap with her evil eye and head jerking at Joy.  Oh, if I could just have five minutes with her...

Right.... Joy shutting MM's overtalking butt down with "Listen Can I speak?".... as MM muttered "I didn't do anything"....  was a thing of beauty.  Keep pushing back Joy!!!

3 hours ago, ari333 said:

What I saw was Oprah using the southern accent for dramatic effect when telling the story about a man being refused the right to vote.  She was dramatizing the voice of the people telling him he couldn't vote.  When she spoke as herself, she sounded like her normal Oprah self.  

Abby using John McCain's funeral as an example of Presidents being friends and "why can't we all get along" was interesting.  Especially since Trump was purposely not invited to the funeral.    It basically bolstered Joy's point, that it isn't politics that divide us, it's Trump.  

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Am I hallucinating?    There was a very busty blonde woman at the end of the table.  She said this:   I love talking about politics.  It doesn't mean you have to rip each other's heads off.  It means you have to be mature and respectful.    At first I thought it was Meghan McCain, but it can't be.  OH, WAIT!  She was looking at the other (4) panelists.  She means THEM when she says "you."  She doesn't mean herself.  Never mind; it's MM. 

That made me laugh as well.

4 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Abby using John McCain's funeral as an example of Presidents being friends and "why can't we all get along" was interesting.  Especially since Trump was purposely not invited to the funeral.    It basically bolstered Joy's point, that it isn't politics that divide us, it's Trump.  

I had forgotten that.

1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

MY GOD ALL SHE DID WAS SCREAM ALL DAY TODAY....but at least we now know that Ana will be on every Friday from now on!

Maybe that was the reason for the all the screaming?  I think MM likes to be the only one on her side and now Ana will challenge that.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Once again, Meggie invokes bearing arms in 1776 in her anti Brit tirade.  I am not a monarchist, but why is she going back to a war that was more than 200 years ago? 

Does she hate Germany too?  We were at war with them 75 years ago.

• Love 12