Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/29/2018

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Not crazy about Ahbee. but I think she mentioned the cancer so people will get checked. If melanoma is caught early there is survival. 

She said "skin cancer," but I don't think she would have mentioned melanoma (very serious) if Whoopi hadn't urged her.   I found this list of most commonly diagnosed cancers...in order:

• Non-melanoma skin cancer   (My family is full of pale freckled, blue-eyed skin cancer victims.  We have too many resulting scars, dents, holes...but we're still here.                                                                                           Melanoma?  Luckily, never)
  • Lung cancer
  • Breast cancer
  • Prostate cancer
  • Colorectal cancer
  • Bladder cancer
  • Melanoma
  • Non-Hodgkin lymphoma

• Love 2

I thought Sunny and Abby looked especially nice today. 

I agree with Abby that distrust in the media existed before Trump. He didn't create it, he just took advantage of it by appealing to the worse qualities of those people and creating a base that believes all of the criticism against him is one conspiracy after another...all because HE, the man running for President dared to tell them what they wanted to hear and was convinced of long before he came along. I'm not even sure I follow what Meghan's point was but that's nothing new. Next. 

I assume that Abby mentioned her father as an opportunity to build awareness and be an advocate for getting screenings done. It's certainly a worthwhile message to give some airtime to. 

Candace Owens is a poor excuse of a person who is desperate for fame. She wants to be the black counterpart to Tomi Lahren...another person who strings along words that are associated with politics to convince people of little knowledge about anything that they in fact are knowledgeable and educated on the topic. They aren't. They're just two women who will use their looks and scandal to be known because it's better than not being known. 

I thought Geraldo had a civil conversation with the women, however, I don't think he had any room to wiggle out of his previous comments so unless he wanted to look like a complete asshole ala a Hannity or 'Reilly, he copped to saying something that was ill-informed and stupid. Gerlado and Meghan's defense of Trump's rhetoric in association with violence - I just can't. I should sue them and request financial compensation for the brain cells that died listening to their stupid..."I don't blame Bernie Sanders"...ugh, shut up Meghan the Simpleton. 

• Love 14

Wait, what?

Meghan said, "I have a problem with identity politics"?

The woman who couldn't be Red Riding Hood last Halloween without putting a GOP elephant on her cape?

I think the only "identity politics" she has a problem with is black Americans being primarily Democrats, which was the discussion they were having when she decided identity politics bothered her.

• Love 24

Sorry Meghan but Joy was right. Selena Zito has been discredited.   She wrote the book the Great Revolt about Trump voters and neglected to disclose most of the voters she profiled were Republican party officials in the town's they lived in.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Wait, what?

Meghan said, "I have a problem with identity politics"?

The woman who couldn't be Red Riding Hood last Halloween without putting a GOP elephant on her cape?

I think the only "identity politics" she has a problem with is black Americans being primarily Democrats, which was the discussion they were having when she decided identity politics bothered her.

Megan probably doesn't know that at one point, Black Americans were staunch Republicans and were called the ship. They were grateful to the party of Lincoln that enshrined not only their freedom in the 13th amendment, but also their citizenship via the 14th and the right to vote for Black men in the 15th. These Republicans during Reconstruction were considered radical leftist at the time for wanting to empower and enfranchise Black people. It is ironic that a Republican President wants to end birth right citizenship. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Gotta say that Meghan may be immature, spoiled, self-centered, arrogant, argumentative, rude, misled & misleading, &, on occasion, positively vile, but she's physically beautiful (with a good appetite!)  IMO she looks best in tailored clothes, such as the red suit, white blouse & strands of pearls she wore last week, with her (fake?) hair in a knot - but then she spoke...

As much as I hate to agree, it’s true. She’s got great skin, high cheekbones, her eyes are a gorgeous shade of blue and her features stand out when she wears her hair in more casual styles. Not everyone is meant to be a size 2, and when dresses in nicely tailored clothes she looks quite nice, and for those few fleeting seconds when she’s not speaking, or on the rare occasion smiling, you really notice how pretty she is. She’s proof that an ugly personality can completely make you look past any physical beauty.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Wings said:

Abby,  no need to know your dad had a melanoma on his leg that he had removed without incident.  

So what? Who cares? 

I know, inappropriate.  

6 hours ago, OnTime said:

Also, no need to know that Meghan was the first person she called.

So what? Who cares?

6 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

You are absolutely right about Abby. I'm not a huge fan but Abby is growing on me...not that I like her but I appreciate her as compared to MM. Sorry I really wasn't trying to make excuses for not disliking Abby? I see it does appear that I'm doing that.

I like Abby and I think she's so pretty. I might even have a girl-crush on her.

3 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I actually think that there are some journalists/commentators who do make it more about the experience 

I once tweeted David Muir because I felt he was making it all about "his ratings" instead of showing compassion for the victims of the Stoneman Douglas survivors he was interviewing on the day of the shooting. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Sorry Meghan but Joy was right. Selena Zito has been discredited.   She wrote the book the Great Revolt about Trump voters and neglected to disclose most of the voters she profiled were Republican party officials in the town's they lived in.

I had no idea what this conversation was about and because of the way Meggie speaks, I couldn't even understand who she was talking about.  I did catch that she was saying the left is hard on Maggie Haberman.  This is because she seemingly has better access to the WH, and there is some sort of connection that radical lefties don't like.  She also did herself no favours with Michelle Wolff thing.

I just hate the way Meggie does that whataboutism stuff on every topic.  Just talk about the topic, FFS!  Oh wait, wasn't she pissed at Joy for veering off topic?

• Love 16

Sigh. MM said (on the show) she hates the NYT, yet Haberman works for them. And often is on CNN as a contributer.  It is so hard to keep up with MM's hates and likes. They never seem to mash, imo.

ETA - LOL - I meant mesh......but I suppose mash was ok too.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Gotta say that Meghan may be immature, spoiled, self-centered, arrogant, argumentative, rude, misled & misleading, &, on occasion, positively vile, but she's physically beautiful (with a good appetite!)  IMO she looks best in tailored clothes, such as the red suit, white blouse & strands of pearls she wore last week, with her (fake?) hair in a knot - but then she spoke...

I actually don't think she's beautiful.  She has some pretty features, but her personality shows through even when she's not sulking or screeching.  There just seems to be a nastiness inside her that impacts her outward appearance.  Maybe it's just me, but I would never describe her as physically beautiful.  

• Love 22
13 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  She is known as the Notorious RBG by those of us who love her and hope she lives forever.

The movie is very good.  It's on Hulu.

I bought the DVD and have already watched it 3 times. Looking forward to On The Basis of Sex which is being released on December 25. We try to catch a movie on Christmas Day if a good one is playing so yay for us this year. 

The British actress’s transformation into a young Ginsburg in On the Basis of Sex is a revelation, from the walk to the Brooklynese. Even R.B.G. agrees.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/09/felicity-jones-cover-story

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 5
On 10/30/2018 at 1:23 PM, Former Nun said:

On 10/30/2018 at 11:36 AM, Winston Wolfe said:

But she isn't an alcoholic, just gets drunk at the drop of a hat, lol.

My alcoholic ex-husband claimed to NOT be an alcoholic because, "I've never missed a day of work."    Alcoholic dementia contributed to his death.   I suggest The View have an expert on alcoholism as a guest...and NOT on View Your Deal Day!

My father passed away, in part, from the same disease.  It would be interesting to see the View cover this just as a topical issue and to see how Meg reacts.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Gotta say that Meghan may be immature, spoiled, self-centered, arrogant, argumentative, rude, misled & misleading, &, on occasion, positively vile, but she's physically beautiful (with a good appetite!)  IMO she looks best in tailored clothes, such as the red suit, white blouse & strands of pearls she wore last week, with her (fake?) hair in a knot

Ironically enough, I used to think MM was marginally attractive too.  But all the ugly on the inside overpowered whatever pretty is on the outside.

• Love 21

Whoopie. 

Sigh.

So much talent in movies and kindness toward celebrity friends and family.

Such a fucking poor moderator.

Yesterday when they were having an awesome discussion,  Whoops had to interject something about lipstick on her teeth, and Meggie thought it meant her own teeth, so Meggie interrupts her own diatribe to respond to Whoopie, which totally derailed the great debate going on where everyone was on point, except those two idjits. Sorry, I was so distracted that I can't remember the topic right now, and I'm old. 

Oh, ok,  now I get why older people yell at the tv.  When you live long enough, you get  so tired of fucking morons. 

• Love 11

Wow.  That wedding + dieting + eating + exercising conversation they just had was one of the most enjoyable segments I have seen on here in eons!  So much fun and enjoyable to watch.  I actually laughed!  Thank you, Ana, for being there!  I heart you!  :)

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Shut up Megan, you moronic ignorant twit.  Nobody said that Stacey Abrams has the race in the bag.  People were musing about Oprah's powerful speech about why voting is so important.

For the last time, the Democratic party does not need your advice on anything. You have never held office in any capacity.  Go away!

Those that can, do.  Those that can't, run their mouths

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Wow.  That wedding + dieting + eating + exercising conversation they just had was one of the most enjoyable segments I have seen on here in eons!  So much fun and enjoyable to watch.  I actually laughed!  Thank you, Ana, for being there!  I heart you!  :)

After Joy sat on the man's lap in the audience, she made another joke: "if you were a Democratic Senator from Minnesota you'd be forced to resign!"

Joy: Is this a #MeToo moment?

Ana: It's a #Me3 moment!

lolololol I'm sorry but I'm genuinely cracking up! Joy and Ana are so quick-witted with the jokes!

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Did anyone catch who Ana is engaged to???  (I don't think it's the hotel guy.)

Still not ready to start watching again, but Ana just might convince me to try.   Since I'm not watching, I had time to Google and found this:

She may be engaged to to businessman Gene Prescott but some followers on her Instagram mentioned someone named Al.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6280021/CNNs-Ana-Navarro-announces-engagement-flaunting-huge-diamond-ring.html

• Love 2

Yikes!  I just realized that Meghan's shrieking during fun discussions is even more annoying than her shrieking during heated political debates (YMMV).  During the exercise/eating shrieking I had to check the windows for cracks.

• Love 17
21 hours ago, ari333 said:

Not crazy about Ahbee. but I think she mentioned the cancer so people will get checked. If melanoma is caught early there is survival. 

I am sure that was her message.  My problem is we are inundated with fear based commercials about the ravages of cancer.  I don't want to hear more about cancer on shows with a different focus.    It is just too much.  I highly doubt Abby got any viewer to have an ah ha moment about skin cancer.  I find it tiring when both Abby and Meghan bring their family into any conversation, no matter what the topic.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'm going to say this at the risk of sounding like a bitch but if Meghan knows she will probably cry whenever she brings her dad's death up on the show, why does she keep bringing him up? 

I don't think that she was ready to go back to work. It is not because I don't care for her, but, she goes from extreme anger when discussing politics to over the top enthusiasm when it comes to light topics like exercise.  It is not healthy emotionally, mentally and physically. Sunny said that she has a healthy appetite and she has said that she loves to drink. She is still mourning and I think that she should go see a grief counselor and stay away from topics that will trigger her grief about her dad. 

• Love 13